Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Counterstrike - Lord Vexx’s School of the Duel

After hearing the doors slam behind him many thoughts raced through his mind now. " Am I nuts or just crazy for doing this, but I know it must be done to accomplish my goals." Keeping his guard up he carried on down the dark hallway though he knew he was expect he just didn't know what to expect so he kept his hand on his lightsaber to be on the safe side.

As he moved forward towards the next room an uneasy feeling and a cold chill ran up his spine every mucle in his 6'6 290lbs frame tensed up his senses ran wild.
" What in all of Tatooine Decon your not a bloody noob this isn't that damn cave on Dagobah that mom took you and your brother to and this isn't the moment in which the jedi killed her now pull your act together !! "

Carrying on to the next room it was filled with many statues of unknown warrior species.

" I'm not familiar with this species but this is remarkable and quite impressive." He studied each statue thoroughly.
" This is incredible work!" He carried on to the next room and almost right into something " Damn be more careful Dec don't wanna break something now. Ok whatever this is they have no eyes at all. "I've got a strange feeling like I'm being watched. " But then he heard a voice speak, " Hello is someone there ?" But from a distance he could see a pair of yellow eyes were staring at him. * Dropping to his knees* " Hail Lord Vexx my lord I am Apprentice Decon Andor of House Vassago I've come to learn everything you have to offer to become a master duelist my lord."

Rising to his feet after being ordered to follow the dark lord as the rooms would laminate every time they moved closer to the next destination. Upon reaching the room,
" My lord this room was impressive! When may we begin my lord?" As he stood next to Lord Vexx

@ Ravager Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Training Chamber IX

The Krigsbefallaf leads his newest pupil to one of many training chambers in his lair after winding down disorienting corridors that are enough to make one worry that they could never get back out of here alive without the Kaleesh cyborg’s assistance. In the chamber, Decon will observe that it is indeed large enough for two beings to engage in melee combat. Melee weapons of every sort adorn the four walls of the room—lightsaber hilts, ancient swords of a primitive design, shields, maces, axes...clearly Lord Vexx has quite a collection and none of it is for simply decorative purposes.

“My approach to this training is likely not what you may be expecting,” the cyborg Dark Lord finally speaks, “But as you are asking me to trust you as a student, you must trust me as a teacher and, by extension, trust my methods of teaching.”

As the apprentice of House Vassago stands at attention in the center of the room, Vexx circles him like a prowling Loth wolf, sizing him up; taking in every detail of Decon’s physical presence. His stature, his posture, the pattern in which he inhales and exhales breath; all of this is being taken into account by the Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor and committed to memory as he does with every student who dares to cross his threshold. He can sense the tension as Decon is doubtlessly nervous in the presence of the Dark Lord. The tension likely escalates as Vexx reaches out to place a cold skeletal hand on the apprentice’s shoulder.

“For your first lesson,” his synthetic voice rumbles softly, “You will not be required to draw your weapon. Every duel begins up here.” He taps Decon’s right temple with a claw. “Victory and defeat is often determined in the mind before the collision of blades and the spilling of blood even begins. This is where I want you to center yourself, Apprentice Decon of House Vassago. You must have a strong mind to be a formidable duelist, for as much as the body comes under attack in a duel, the mind is under equal assault. Sometimes more.”

He releases Decon’s shoulder and paces away a few strides, his clawed hands clasped behind his back. Pacing to the far wall, he turns and faces his student, the runes in his armor and faceplate pulsing and swirling with a soft hypnotic glow that is strangely calming to observe. His amber eyes stare like glowing embers within the sockets of his ceramiplast mask as he gazes upon Decon thoughtfully.

“What is one word you want your opponents to think of when they see you enter the battlefield?” he asks at length, “I want to you take your time to search your soul and find this word. It has been with you since birth, for it is your destiny. This word will be the first stone laid within the foundation that you will build your combat skills upon. Meditate and when you have found this word, take hold of it and tell me what it is when you are ready.”

OOC- This task is as you see it. Find one word you want to describe your character in combat. I would invite you to visit thesaurus.com and explore synonyms for words that you think of as you may find something that sounds more interesting than a base word you may come up with. Take whatever time you need to land on something that resonates with you and post your response when you are ready. May the Force serve you well. ⚔️

Tag: @patrickmcgarry8604

Last edited:
IC- Apprentice Decon Andor
Training Room IX

Following Lord Vexx into the next room it was massive enough for combat training. Decon also looked and studied the weaponary that Lord Vexx had collected over his time, As he listened to everything Lord Vexx had to say as well.

" I understand completely my Lord, and I trust your teachings without question. I must also add my lord quite the impressive weapons collection my lord."

Standing at complete attention with eyes front, Lord Vexx began to circle him and study him closely. Decon though taking slow and relaxing deep breathing his nerves were up in the air. The Dark Lord's skeletal cold hand placed it's self on his shoulder as Lord Vexx spoke.

" So what I'm understanding my Lord is that everything starts in the mind."
As Lord Vexx's cold finger tapped the right side of his temple.

" Yes my lord I understand and will do some meditation on my task as requested."

Feeling the hand remove iit's self from Decon's shoulder, He watched as the dark lord moved and now facing him with Lord Vexx's amber colored eyes staring right at him from a distance. Decon listened to everything spoken to him by the dark lord, After he had finished Decon lowered himself to both knees on the cold floor with no sound or complaint. Infront of the dark lord he closed his eyes and began focusing his thoughts, and concentration on one word that would describe him in combat and battle.

Hours had gone by and Decon rose to his feet before Lord Vexx.
* Bowing to the dark lord before he spoke*

" My Lord you asked me to meditate on one word that would describe me in combat. And the word you requested is relentless my lord."

@Grievance Vexx
@ Ravager

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber IX

Even beyond his skull-like faceplate, one might catch the glimpse of pride in the eyes of the Krigsbefallaf as Decon comments on his array of weapons adorning the walls of this particular training chamber. This is only a small percentage of the arsenal he has stored in this massive fortress as the collection is a combination of his own and his father’s harvesting before him.

“All weapons pried from the hands of dying or dead enemies, my friend,” he replies, denoting that these are indeed spoils of war; trophies that speak of the accomplishments of the Sheelal bloodline, “This is a small act upon the instructions from the Art of War, which you will inevitably become familiar with under my teaching.”

As Decon commits himself to quiet meditation to find the word that he wishes to attach to his identity in combat, Grievance Vexx is nothing short of a patient tutor. He has paced away from the apprentice to a darkened corner of the room, dimming his own intimidating presence both physically and within the Force. He is quiet but for his respirator cycling through its functions as it pushes and pulls air from his lungs. In time, even this becomes merely background noise in the room.

Though hours pass, the Krigsbefallaf never moves. One might even assume that perhaps he has lapsed into a meditation of his own to pass the time. The runes in his armor swirl and pulse lazily with a hypnotic glow as the ebony and crimson colors within intermingle with one another as though the two colors are casually trying to dominate the Sheelal insignia they occupy.

When Decon has found and grasped the word the Dark Lord has told him to seek, Vexx finally leaves his state of trancelike stillness, his amber eyes glowing along with his armor runes in the darkness of the corner he occupies. With his hands clasped loosely behind his cloaked back, he strides back out into the light, toward the apprentice once again standing in the center of the room.

“Well done, Apprentice Decon,” he replies, his hulking shadow engulfing his student, “Rise up now. Like the warrior you are, take hold of this word with all the might that is in you and do not relinquish your grasp upon it. This word is now your goal; your endgame in combat. Win or lose, you will be relentless. This will always be what you strive for all your days each and every time you enter the battlefield. It will fuel you when you are beaten; wounded; exhausted beyond measure, for these things will come. You will think of this word and you will stay and you will finish your fight. This word...relentless...is your battlecry.”

The conviction behind his words is strong; heartfelt; something he clearly believes with every fiber of his being. Passion seems to fuel the glow of the runes in his alchemized armor and there can be no mistaking that Lord Grievance Vexx is a battle-forged warrior straight through to his core.

“Now...Apprentice Decon,” he continues, “The mind work does not begin and end with this word you have chosen. This is merely a foundational block to your motivation. There is another stone you must lay on top of this one. Your next lesson is to find your fight song. This song, whatever it is, will bring boldness to your spirit and help you to visualize your victory. It will resonate with you in such a way that you will feel your fighting spirit swell within you. Find this song; seize hold of its lyrics. Claim it as your own and present it to me when you have done so. Let it resound through the Force so that I too can know your chosen war song.”

OOC- Congratulations, Decon Andor. You have completed Lesson 1 and are moving on to the next foundational lesson of the Counterstrike curriculum. You will be receiving a PM on the forums shortly, further explaining the expectations for this task that makes up Lesson 2.

Urizen knew he wasn't the first to come here and he wouldn’t be the last, Urizen had always thought he could remain calm under most if not any circumstance, being emotionally competent on the outside and inside sometimes, but this fortress, proved to be a different beast entirely and disturbed his calm rational nature, a shiver and coldness travelled throughout his body, every step he took he felt a like a pair of eyes were watching him, trying to dissect him, he should have been used to this feeling being from a house of assassins after all. He grabbed his hood, from its helm and pulled it back in a quick motion with his left hand so he can see everything around him.

Urizen made his way to the doors, that would lead him into his next part of his journey, as he did so he couldn’t help but admire the architecture and work that must have been put into it, without thought, Urizen was about to place his gloved hand against it finding some way to open it, before he could place his hand on it , the door opened, and soon entered Urizen, the air growing thicker and viler, the deeper Urizen walked in and without a notice the door slammed closed on Urizen’s back, soon a claustrophobic feeling entangled Urizen as he walked deeper in the tomb-like building, but it passed as quickly as it came.

Swallowing his fears, the desire to improve his blade work made it easier, Urizen traversed down the path that he felt he was being led down into a darkness he couldn’t explain, but would forever know the feel.

Urizen soon found himself at a corridor, that seemed to drag on for a bit, for each light he passed, they died down, Urizen was tempted to pull out his lightsaber and use it as a source of light, but decided not to...would he appreciate a guest activating their weapon in his home, unwarranted as of yet? and so he relied on the dim lights as his guide.

Finally, Urizen could see the outline of two figures at the end, unsure of what species they were, he would determine, the closer he got, but even then, it could be hard?

As Urizen got closer, he soon spotted another room, this one was just as dark, but to his relief, this one had light and as Urizen looked around he spotted shapes hanging from the ceiling, perking Urizen’s interest and moving forward to see what they were and too his surprise they were masks, Urizen looked closer at them in awe at how menacing they looked, like they could still judge him, even without their wearer, their cold gaze caused Urizen to shuffle his gaze away and look and see what else was in the room.

Out of nowhere a robotic voice cut through the earie silence that Urizen had become accustomed to, “Hello there”, Urizen was quickly caught off guard by the voice he heard at the first but the felling passed into a more curious one, the voice, contained power and experience, Urizen's issue was, he couldn't make out where it was coming from, but soon that was changed as, Urizen watched the Lord make his presence known.

You have come to train, yes?” Urizen nodded in response, ending in a bow.

the cyborg motioned for Urizen to follow him, which he did, Un-hesitantly into the room which he presumed would be where his training would take place.
As the Lord introduced himself fully “I am Lord Grievance Vexx, Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor and this...” as they made their way in, and the floor illuminated both of them, “This is where you will learn to become a master duellist.”.

Urizen then responded as the Lord finished his introduction, "Hail Lord Vexx, it is a pleasure to be in your presence and I look foreword to learning from you and hopefully fulling my full Potential".

@Grievance Vexx

Ic- Apprentice Decon Andor
Training Chamber IX

After feeling the pride of accomplishment from his first lesson from Lord Vexx. Decon listened to everything being said to him by the dark lord, and waited for his moment to reply to Lord Vexx on his instructions for his second task.

Standing at attention and staring back at the amber colored as eyes of Lord Vexx. Decon replied.

" Yes my lord I understand completely what I must do for this task. And yes it is only a minor collection of your Amory my lord they are still quite impressive, and the spoils of war are a reward within it's self besides the victory. And first before I give you my awnser for this task my lord I must also thank you for the small amount of aid. For though there are many excellent choice in music and songs to aid one in combat and that will ultimately define the person, my awnser is simple and follows your instructions to the letter Step up by drowning pool my lord."

After speaking his reply to the dark lord he walked over to a corner of the chamber and grabbed something outta of his bag and returned to face the dark lord.
* Kneeling before Lord Vexx and both hands raised to lord Vexx with a item of importance from Decon's past.*

" My Lord before you speak I would like to offer you this lightsaber as a gift. And I would like to add it to your collection my lord, for it would mean a great deal to me as I may contain the crystal that came from this saber. The lightsaber it's self once belonged to my mother, and I would like you to have it my lord.

@ Grievance Vexx
@ Ravager

Attachments

• d20aeab205b046cd1371f3d304adf9bd.jpg
    d20aeab205b046cd1371f3d304adf9bd.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber XI

The Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf leads his newest arrival into a chamber that is empty but for the numerous melee weapons of every sort adorning all four walls from floor to ceiling. Some are archaic, some are common, many are lightsabers. All trophies taken from defeated foes, but there can be no doubt that they serve a higher purpose than merely a choice in home decor.

Vexx eyes Urizen, sizing him up as he circles like a prowling predator. This is the feeling that will capture the hopeful student even though the Kaleesh is merely making evaluations. One simply cannot help feeling intimidated by his unnervingly quiet presence.

“Tell me what you know, Apprentice Urizen of House Tenebris,” he speaks at last as he comes to a standstill behind his guest, doubtlessly upping the intimidation a notch as he does not hold back what he knows of this student: his name, his rank, and the house from which he hails, “You have come for supplemental training to elevate the skill you already possess. Tell me what you know of your preferred form. Show me the weapon you intend to use as a duelist and tell me about it. In order for me to support the skill you have, I must know precisely where you stand within it.”

He already knows from the way Urizen carries himself that he has a Form V preference. As one who has learned and is capable of every form of lightsaber combat available, the Krigsbefallaf pinpoints these small details with ease. Even still, he likes to invite his students to talk about what they already know. Testing their knowledge always embeds it deeper, for what they know will be challenged here within the walls of his foreboding fortress and students are expected to defend it with both mind and body.

Tag: @Urizen

Training Chamber XI
Urizen followed Lord Vexx into the room, where he would train his lightsaber skills to make them better, when fighting people, especially if he was cut off from the force in some way or had to fight without it.

Urizen couldn’t help but look in awe at the collection of weapons and trophies that covered the room from the ceiling to the floor.
Urizen watched nervously, as the Dark Lord circled him and when he felt he had enough strength to speak up to the Lord, he said, “My Lord, I know that my style specializes in counterattacking and domination, by following thorough with repeated attacks after the counter... but I also see shortcomings of this style when facing specific forms...the issue that plagues me personally is if, I face a person who is more measured and relies heavily on defensive forms like Soresu or even more acrobatic and fast styles like, ataru, I usually use their emotions to help with my fights and leading them down the path I need, but again I have trouble when facing less emotional people or are harder to rile up”.

Taking a breath to calm himself self-down being in the presence of Dark Lord never gets easier for Urizen.

After the breath-break Urizen continued, “I wish to improve my skill and was hoping to get pointers on how I can adapt my style or utilize it properly to go against opponents of this nature and win hopefully and the weapon I will be using is my lightsaber”, Urizen then unclipped his lightsaber and held it out to Lord Vexx to inspect.

“I mostly use my Lightsaber in conjunction with my legs or arms/hands as well, so my skill with it only stems to instigating with a counter, followed through with my legs or arms for grappling then a flurry of strikes with my blade, my Lord”.

@Grievance Vexx

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1591091070747.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591091070747.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

“Tell me about this song you have chosen, Apprentice of House Vassago,” Vexx replies, his stance at ease, arms folded behind his back, “What do you feel when you hear it? Will it lift you up again when your opponent outmaneuvers you and knocks you down? Will it keep you in the fight even when your bones are broken and your flesh is torn?”

The Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf is perplexed as Decon excuses himself and begins to rummage around in his bag. Vexx watches him, his head tilted in curiosity as he assumes that perhaps the apprentice is searching for some data storage device. When Decon returns and kneels before him, offering the uniquely crafted hilt of a lightsaber, the Kaleesh warlord is admittedly taken aback. No student of his has been so expressive of their gratitude—especially this early on in their schooling.

Ever admiring of any melee weapon he finds within his reach, Vexx takes up the offered hilt and turns it in his clawed hands, taking in the craftsmanship. The emitter is intriguing to him as he has always felt such hilts could still be used as weapons even if they were not ignited.

“A fine piece of work, Apprentice Decon,” he replies after a few moments as a peculiar shadow of concern reflects in his golden eyes, “You honor me deeply, but I do not wish to take something from you that bears such personal significance. Besides, if you give this—your mother’s lightsaber—to me, what then will you use as a weapon for this training?”

In his own way, the Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor is bidding Decon to search his heart and be absolutely certain this is something he will not later regret. Vexx has seen impulsive decisions lead fellow Kaleesh and Sith alike to ruin, even with good intentions. It would impugn his honor if he did not provoke some genuine consideration before allowing one in his charge to make such a decision.

IC Apprentice Decon Andor
Training Chamber IX

Before his reply to Lord Vexx Decon whom was still knelt down on both knees before the dark lord spoke.

" When I hear the song I feel stronger, more focused, more relentless, and rage. My lord. And yes I will rise to out maneuver my oppent and I will fight to my dieing breath regardless of my injuries. For I am relentless my lord."

Decon watched and listened to Lord Vexx over the gift before he replied.

" No need to worry about the lack of lightsaber my lord I have a back up which will do just fine. And I hold the crystal to that lightsaber my lord. And it is my mother crafted when she took her first apprentice. It's sentiment is with me always my lord her spirt lives on through me, and I may seem odd my lord but there are times I hear her voice and instruction along with forgotten memories. I searched my heart and soul long before I entered these hollowed halls my lord, I would say probably about the time of my first meeting of you, and what my older brother spoke of you."

@ Grievance Vexx
@ Ravager

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf listens patiently as Urizen explains his reasons for coming here in search of Vexx’s teachings. He can sense the younger Sith’s nervousness, but he doesn’t care to feed off of it. Intimidation is something he needs not put any effort into and so he is used to this reaction to his presence. For his part, he is calm; collected; unnervingly quiet but for the soft whirring of his cybernetics and the hissing of his respirator as it assists his lungs. He is not surprised by Urizen’s concerns over his chosen form and it’s potential flaws.

“You know Djem-So has its roots in Form II, yes?” he asks, further testing his newest student’s knowledge, “As a Makashi practitioner, I can surely help you improve what you already know by helping you to understand the evolution that lies between the two correlated forms.”

He takes to pacing once again for the sheer purpose of motion. Whether this alleviates tension or perhaps brings relief for unknown physical pain is anyone’s guess. Vexx has always had a habit of pacing like a caged animal on the precipice of blind rage, yet that blind rage almost never comes to a head. The Kaleesh is so self-controlled, it is almost palpable.

“You will get plenty of practice outlasting one who is not inclined to give in to emotions or rash actions,” he chuckles darkly, “I happen to be just such a duelist. I believe you and I will have quite a bit of fun in a dueling arena, but that is to come later. For now, give me an example of a duel in your past that did not go so well for you. I request this not to berate or humiliate. I only want to know how deep your understanding goes into the anatomy of the duel.”

He ceases his pacing, coming to a standstill so smoothly that if he were standing in water, it is questionable if he would have even caused a hint of a ripple on its surface. He has chosen a dimly lit place to stand, willfully dimming his presence in the Force to give Urizen the space he needs to honestly reflect on experiences past. One can’t help but get the impression that it would not bother the Kaleesh warlord in the least if he had to wait for hours for an answer to his query.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf nods softly as Decon details how his chosen war song effects him. Vexx’s own war song that has stayed with him all these years has done many of these same things for him and here he stands, both a survivor and a conqueror of every challenge that has come his way. He can only hope that the same can be said for this apprentice years from now.

“Good,” he replies, “Before we depart from this lesson and move on to the next, let me offer one last piece of advice. Keep your ears and mind open. You may pass through a market or a festival or a cantina somewhere and hear another song that impacts the way you face the challenges in your life, both in and out of the dueling arena. Receive them as they come. You will eventually build a playlist of inspiration that tells your story through music alone. When you lose your way—and you will, every now and again—this playlist that you create will remind you of who you are and what you wish to become.”

He pauses now, listening to Decon explain his decision to give the lightsaber to him. He is admittedly moved by the selfless gesture of appreciation as family means a great deal to the battle-hardened Kaleesh warlord, though one would not know this by looking at him.

“Very well,” he says softly, using telekinesis to accept the saber hilt and place it in a vacant spot on the wall, “Your mother’s work will hold a place of honor on the eastern wall, which I have reserved for weapons gifted to me rather than taken by force. Thank you, Apprentice Decon of House Vassago.”

He inclines his head to Decon in a gesture of gratitude before straightening to his full height and moving to pace once more. It is time to move his student on to his third lesson in the art of dueling.

“Let us move forward, Krigare,” he continues, applying a Kaleesh word to Decon’s presence, “What is your chosen lightsaber form? What do you like about it? What are its advantages and disadvantages? Tell me about your form and why you have chosen it. Describe to me what you know about it and demonstrate your opening stance.”

OOC- Congratulations, Apprentice Decon! You are advancing to Lesson 3. This task is as it appears. Take your time to be certain you write a thorough response and make sure you tag your master in your next post. As always, you are free to PM me with any questions you may have. Happy writing! ⚔️

Urizen listened as Lord Vexx spoke, “You know Djem-So has its roots in Form II, yes?, As a Makashi practitioner, I can surely help you improve what you already know by helping you to understand the evolution that lies between the two correlated forms.”

Urizen responded with a nod, not daring to interrupt the cyborg, internally Urizen thought in his mind at the prospect of learning about the evolution, fascinated him and also help him get closer to his goal of the training session.

Lord Vexx resumed talking, “You will get plenty of practice outlasting one who is not inclined to give in to emotions or rash actions, I happen to be just such a duelist. I believe you and I will have quite a bit of fun in a dueling arena, but that is to come later. For now, give me an example of a duel in your past that did not go so well for you. I request this not to berate or humiliate. I only want to know how deep your understanding goes into the anatomy of the duel.”, Urizen heard the chuckle and it unnerved him, while he listened closely to Lord Vexx .

“A duel, I have been in?”, Urizen thought, trying to remember, then it hit him quickly.

“The duel that I remember fondly is one against Knight regavar my Lord, due to its unorthodox nature, it was a long time ago, but I still remember it now, I won it... but only due to my opponent using weapons that weren’t allowed within the competition, I was still on the receiving end of a beating though ...due to it, it was due to the lack of control I had in the fight not feeling like I was dictating it, which lead me to believe it as a failure ...Lord Vexx”.

@Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC-Orario
Vassek III

Orario changed from a pajama robe into his dark black textured training robes in preparation for his training with Lord Vexx. Orario knew Lord Vexx from seeing him every so often in the Horuset Lounge, sitting high up in the rafters. He knew that Lord Vexx was one of the top duelists in the empire, yet he didn't really know much else about Lord Vexx in his brief few months in the Empire. Orario felt both a bit excited but also odd at the fact that he felt like someone was watching him arrive and exit the shuttle. Orario exits the shuttle to find himself blocked by a door that seems to be made of a light-saber-resistant metal, judging by many of the burns and scratch marks left behind by Jedi lightsabers, something Orario knows too much about. As he was about to touch the door to look more closely at what looked like etchings in the door, the door suddenly flickered to life and began to creak open as if it hasn't been opened in millennia upon millennia. Orario then found himself in a dark hallway that seemed to go on forever and all he hoped is that he didn't find Lord Vexx to be in a bad mood today.

He walked with purpose but knowing that he was expected. He also tried not to make too much noise as he noticed that every footstep he made echoed across the vast empty hallway. He followed the hallway until he came upon a room with statues of what seemed like old Kaleesh warriors but Orario, with his keen eye focused on what each statue seemed to have added or more accurately, replaced: each statue of the Kaleesh Warrior seemed to have more parts of their bodies replaced with cybernetic parts until the final statue in the hallway and the end of the hall seemed to look like the Legendary Jedi-slayer General Grievous and Lord Vexx as well. Orario then made a small but possible idea in his mind that he hoped wherever Lord Vexx is lurking could possibly sense and hopefully either tell him that he is right or wrong: that Lord Vexx is the child or successor of General Grievous from the Clone wars himself. He then saw the rows of replacement faceplates for when or if Lord Vexx were ever to have sustained serious damage to his own faceplate. He then heard a familiar cybernetic voice speak to him from the before silent dark room. Hello there! It startled Orario for a moment but he regained himself and turned to face Lord Vexx himself for the first time in all his cybernetic and tall glory and bowed.

Hail Lord Vexx! Lord Vexx then asked Orario if he had come to train and Orario simply nodded at the omnipresent cyborg with his bright eyes of crimson. Lord Vexx asked that Orario follow him and Orario did as he was asked to and followed him into another room that seemed to light up and come to life as Lord Vexx entered it.

Tag: @ Lord Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf listens patiently as Urizen recounts a duel he considers to be a loss in spite of the fact that he was named the victor; a concept Grievance Vexx understands well even with the reputation he upholds.

“A hollow victory,” he concludes, more with empathy than judgment, “Sometimes these are harder to bear than being the one to lose the duel.”

The Dark Lord speaks as though he knows what it means to lose as much as he knows what it means to conquer and one cannot help but believe he has many stories to tell of his battles, but he does not share these yet. He is more focused on Urizen’s feeling of failure that has followed him all this time.

“Failure is a cruel opponent,” he continues, “And one you will face for the rest of your days, I am afraid, but this is not something to despair over. Even the fights you cannot win can be used to your advantage if you know how to convert the weight of your failure into an experience in which you learned something. This is how you fuel your own spirit...even when you suffer punishment for your failure at the hands of your master. You can steel your heart and mind from being defeated.”

He falls silent for a time, allowing Urizen to ruminate on this and find the understanding for it. Indeed, it is not the easiest concept for one to grasp when surrounded by the harsh and unforgiving ways of the Sith. The cyborg consciously softens his presence in the Force, welcoming Urizen to ask questions on this if he feels he must.

“Returning to the subject of your form of Djem So,” he continues after a time, “This form functions primarily on counterstrikes and exploiting openings or creating them yourself inside your opponent’s guard. This is where the duel becomes a chess match. You have to exercise the most fundamental lesson within the Art of War: know your enemy. Your chosen form will work to your advantage so much better if you apply this to your technique.”

The Krigsbefallaf already knows the questions that arise when he makes this suggestion: how do I “know” an enemy I have never seen or met before? Suppose it is a rogue Jedi I have not known or studied; how can I know this enemy? Fortunately, Vexx is prepared with answers to these questions, but he does not launch into them. Rather, he waits to see what Urizen will do. If he already thinks he has the answer, the Kaleesh will certainly welcome the boldness, even if it is a tentative guess.

OOC- Remember to use proper forum RPG format when you post. Always start with your character’s name and your location as is demonstrated at the beginning of my post.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber XII

The Krigsbefallaf of the Final Sith Order leads his newest charge into a chamber large enough to accommodate full-scale dueling between two opponents. Melee weapons of every sort line the walls from the floor to the ceiling; lightsabers, swords, maces, axes, among others. The display is almost what one would expect to find in a museum of combat and warfare.

“Welcome to your first lesson, Orario Starwind,” Vexx states cordially, although his deep rumbling voice can hardly be taken as a friendly sort, “This training may surprise you as we begin with the basics, but you must trust that all I teach within these walls serves a purpose and some of those purposes extend beyond the duel and into your daily life; how you carry yourself in the Order among your fellow Sith.”

Vexx begins to circle the younger Sith as he stands in the center of his designated training chamber, the cyborg’s talons clanking and grating softly on the stone floor beneath them as he eyes Orario pensively, sizing him up, drawing evaluations in his head based upon the Zabrak’s size and stature; how he carries himself. It seems like an eternity before he speaks again.

“I want you to reach deep inside yourself, Orario Starwind,” he says at last, “Search your soul and find one word you want to become your presence when you enter the battlefield. Whatever this word is, it has been with you from birth and it is your destiny to become this in combat. Take your time. Find the word. Lay hold of it and take it into yourself. With time and proper training, you will become this word. When you have found it, let me know and tell me what it is. In sharing it with me, you open the door for me to properly shape your training toward this battlecry that will become your goal.”

After saying all of this, the cyborg steps away, giving Orario time and space to think and meditate on the word that will become his battlecry once he has found it. Vexx moves into the shadows and dims his presence in the Force. In so doing, the runes on his armor become a soft and faint glow, like the embers of a fire, intimidating, yet comforting in the strangest of ways.

OOC- This task is as simple as it appears. Find one word that you would choose to associate with your character in combat. To expand your search, you might try visiting thesaurus.com. There, you can type in a word you think might fit and it will bring back synonyms that mean the same thing, but you might find you like one word more than another. Take your time and have fun exploring. You may PM me here or on Messenger if you have any questions and may the Force serve you well. ⚔️

Tag: @Orario Starwind

IC: Urizen

Urizen looked towards and listened to what Lord Vexx said “A hollow victory, sometimes these are harder to bear than being the one to lose the duel.”

Lord Vexx then continued speaking, “Failure is a cruel opponent and one you will face for the rest of your days, I am afraid, but this is not something to despair over. Even the fights you cannot win can be used to your advantage if you know how to convert the weight of your failure into an experience in which you learned something. This is how you fuel your own spirit...even when you suffer punishment for your failure at the hands of your master. You can steel your heart and mind from being defeated.”

Urizen took what he was hearing to heart and nodded saying “I will, my Lord”.

Lord Vexx then said “Returning to the subject of your form of Djem So,” he continues after a time, “This form functions primarily on counter-strikes and exploiting openings or creating them yourself inside your opponent’s guard. This is where the duel becomes a chess match. You have to exercise the most fundamental lesson within the Art of War: know your enemy. Your chosen form will work to your advantage so much better if you apply this to your technique.”

Urizen nodded as he listened and then spoke in response, “My Lord, to know my enemy...means I will have to face someone, to get a feeling for them and see how they fight to give me experience when dealing with them or in this case if we are to duel, find weaknesses in your form, so when I'm in a proper duel with someone who uses the same form as you, I will be prepared and be able to beat them hopefully or at least be in control of the fight”, Urizen took a breath after his long explanation.

@Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC: Tobbi Airskipper

Vassek III - Training Chamber III

A lifetime ago, Tobbi could feel that he entered these halls as someone else as the structure and foreboding aura felt familiar yet alien. It was a strange and curious sensation. A living paradox, to be sure, Tobbi was convinced that he never officially set foot in the halls, but he somehow felt a strange connection to it.

A lifetime ago, Tobbi was dishonest with himself. But now, the veil had been lifted from his eyes; the deception was over. Tobbi had been exposed to the higher strata of the dark side; he had been trying to forget what he saw, the obelisks, the proceedings, the organization. But Tobbi could not forget; he could never forget. The experience made Tobbi question everything, and so he found himself lulled to the tendrils of darkness once more. And so whatever called Tobbi into the lair of Lord Grievance Vexx made him acutely aware that he should be on his best behavior.

This was not a game; this was training, a chance to impress, an opportunity for him to learn and make himself stronger. Tobbi swallowed hard, keeping himself covered within a cloak, obscuring his face.

His scars.

His failures.

Tobbi looked upon the Dark Lord and felt the darkness ooze from the Kaleesh cyborg; it was entrancing; the might of the dark side found itself radiating off the being with such fervor. Lord Vexx was a being that was leagues beyond Tobbi's power.

His voice was menacing and harsh, yet his actions were patient and understanding; the gestures were formal and restrained. There was no mistaking it; this Dark Lord had earned his place, toiling in the dark, rumbling through the ranks.

So Tobbi took a deep breath.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

The air tickled and passed through Tobbi's lungs, alleviating his anxiety and replacing it with confidence, but the fear remained. It always remained.

Tobbi knelt before the Lord, showing absolute respect and submission to such a mighty warrior and cited a sermon.

"By the wastes of Korriban, there we met, yea we wept when we remembered the Sith."

Tobbi looked into the Kaleesh Cyborg's eyes.

"Remember O'Lord, the children of Typhojem who said, Raze it, raze it, even to the foundation."

Tobbi summoned force shock into his hands, gesticulating the destruction of his last verse.

"Raze it did indeed and fell it has. The cycle continued as thy galaxy watched it by. Until the new Sith'airi was born. Laying waste to all who was torn."

Tobbi smiled as he continued to preach the sermon.

"O' servant of the Empress who art to be worshipped. Happy shall she be, that rewarded thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall she be that taketh and dasheth thy muggles against the stones."

Tobbi felt the passion course through his veins a he said this, the dark side swirled within him, it made him feel invigorated. It was all be needed. So with a glint in his eye and a coy smile he flashed with pride. Tobbi spoke simply;

"May I seek guidance Lord Vexx?"

TAG: @Grievance Vexx

Powers used: Force Shock

Last edited:
Orario listens as Lord Vexx shows him the massive training room that He is going to learn to duel in. Lord Vexx tells Orario to think of a word, just a single word to describe how he wants to be seen and what he inspires in his enemies when he enters the battlefield. Orario begins to meditate to find the word hidden deep inside him. He feels his own anger and power fluctuating inside himself. He slowly begins to hear the word echo around him and through his mind and finally, with full knowledge and resolve, Orario, in his meditative state, simply said: "Terror!". TAG: @Grievance Vexx

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Vexx listens quietly as Urizen more or less voices his concerns in knowing his enemies in dueling and combat situations. The younger Sith is overthinking the solution to his difficulties, that much the Krigsbefallaf can determine for sure. He could use words to explain, but he feels a demonstration is in order and would be far more helpful.

“Are you prepared to duel, Shadow Apprentice?” he asks and his tone can be taken no other way but seriously, “Would you be so bold as to trust me to show you the answer to your concerns rather than tell you? Do you know enough about your chosen form that you feel confident enough to face me in the dueling arena?”

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom