Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Counterstrike - Lord Vexx’s School of the Duel

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber III

Tobbi Airskipper
is a stranger within these walls as far as Grievance Vexx can tell, but there is something strangely familiar about him nonetheless. His reverent soliloquy echoes in the chamber as he speaks in archaic terms about the fearsome power of the Sith and the Empire. Providing his words are not simply empty flattery, at least he wisely recognizes the threat that the elder Sith pose to the foolish. Time will tell if these words truly resound from a sincere heart.

“Your ambition is noticed, Acolyte,” his deep synthetic voice rumbles, “You are welcome to learn all I have to offer. Of all the students that set foot within these walls, it is the acolyte with wisdom who can benefit the most, for these teachings will be a splash of art and potential on the blank canvas that is you. Used wisely, what you learn here and how you use it could be the very thing that captures a master’s interest.”

He begins to circle the acolyte of House Vassago, sizing him up, taking in the details of his stature and the way in which he carries himself; the angle of his shoulders; the way in which his arms hang at his sides; the placement of his feet where he stands. No detail is missed, for it all plays a part in the future of young Airskipper’s career as a duelist.

“Did you know there is such a thing as predestination, Airskipper?” he asks, coming to a standstill behind his oddly familiar student, “It has a hand in all of our lives. You were born with a path already paved and a destiny carved upon your heart. There is a word that shines like a beacon of that destiny. It is a single word your actions in combat will exemplify for it is your battlecry. Find the word, Acolyte. Seize hold of it and feel it; let it penetrate every fiber of who you are and shape you into what you shall become. When you have found this word, speak it and let these walls hear it, for they stand as witnesses of the journey that will fulfill it.”

OOC- This lesson is as you see it. Find one word that describes your character in combat. I encourage the use of thesaurus.com to expand your vocabulary as multiple words mean the same thing and some fit better than others. Take your time and find what suits you best and share here when you are ready.

Tag: @Tobbi Airskipper

IC: Tobbi Airskipper

Tobbi closed his eyes, allowing himself to exist within this moment; he could feel the Sith Lord's gaze circling him, taking everything into account. Tobbi allowed himself to relax and think of a single word that defined him and his purpose, but in truth, the word had already been chosen for him long ago. It represented the strife, the struggle, the isolation, the rage, the jealousy, and finally, the lies various people have fed Tobbi. Worst of all, Tobbi considered them family at one point in time. The word defined his path; it brought pain and suffering, yet Tobbi couldn't live without it.

Without this word, without this weight, this burden. Tobbi felt empty as he tried to escape it, run away, and find some other purpose. But it gnawed at him, ate away at his soul. Driving the young man mad, as Tobbi wanted nothing more than a family, yet in the end, Tobbi's passion, eagerness, things that he was once vaunted for ended up alienating him. Tobbi's potential was there, and it was unmistakable to his former family, but they only saw him as a tool, not the person he was. They didn't like him; they didn't cherish him; they only used him, lied to him, led him by the nose, and were surprised that in the end, Tobbi sought vengeance by burning everything to feel the warmth of love that had been oh so denied to him.

But by doing this, Tobbi burned himself, mangling not only his body but also his soul. Tobbi had become everything he sought not to be a crazed recluse who only relied on one person that always stood by his side despite his inhuman appearance now. For she was not human, her flesh partly artificial, but the love was nothing but human. And to think that it came from one single word. This single word defined Tobbi's actions; it embodied who he was to his very core. Tobbi could feel himself becoming a zealot for this empire, for he realized its strength, order, and atmosphere.

Tobbi opened his eyes to see Lord Vexx towering over him, the pressure of his power suffocating Tobbi, yet the Acolyte knew that this is where he wanted to be; this was the empire he wanted to serve and ensure its legacy for generations to come. Tobbi couldn't become the workhorse he previously was in his past; the wounds of his burns still needed to heal, he was still mourning, but within his soul Tobbi was glad. The Acolyte was delighted that this empire didn't need his help; it was constantly self-sustaining with many cogs that ensured its dominance.

While Tobbi wished for a better hand, for things to work out better than they had in his past, he knew what Lord Vexx stated was right. Predestination led him here and if everything happened for a reason, then the trauma and anguish Tobbi suffered made him more robust. It made him more intelligent and more aware of his potential, but Tobbi didn't have the skill or wisdom to capitalize on it entirely. In the end, had Tobbi sought out this empire because he grew to embrace the word that had filled him with so much pain, with so much purpose, that defined the very essence of his being.

"Impetuous," Tobbi stated with a solemn smile.

Tobbi had given his soul to the darkness, and it had treated him well; he wished to serve it further.

TAG: @Grievance Vexx

IC: Urizen

Vassek III - Training Chamber XI

Urizen looked at the Lord when he brought up ‘duel’ and spoke, “My Lord, it would be a pleasure to duel and learn from you and I'm ready”, Urizen bowed as he spoke.

Urizen then quickly rose back up and pulled out his lightsaber and positions it in the Shien variant form of form V, but not activating until the training had been started, by Lord Vexx giving the all clear.

Urizen could feel his heartbeat raise at the prospect of fighting another Lord and learning how to utilize his form better against more emotionally disciplined people and forms.

@Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

If anyone can sense suffering, loss, grief, and mourning, Grievance Vexx certainly can. He can feel all of these things pulsing through Tobbi Airskipper’s signature in the Force despite the young one’s best efforts to hide it. Vexx himself is a conduit for such things, so it should come as no surprise.

“Do not bury your past, Airskipper,” he warns softly, “It is a part of you and as long as you live, so too does your past. Let it be what it is; face the pain and embrace is as part of being alive. With it, you will find strength.”

Though he could pry into Airskipper’s mind and see every memory for himself by making the young Sith relive it, Vexx does not exercise this power on the Vassago apprentice. Not yet anyway and, unless it becomes necessary, he will not. It is enough for him to know that this one has seen his share of tragedy just as most within the Order have.

“Impetuous,” the Krigsbefallaf speaks the word slowly as though he is using it for the first time, “This word has multiple meanings. Eager and fierce are two that come to mind. It also has potentially hazardous meanings I would bid you to avoid, two of which are impulsive and hasty. Avoid these. Impulsiveness is a self-sabotaging enemy. Your word is double-edged and presents a fine line for you to walk and so I advise caution. Be impetuous, but do not be impulsive. I will teach you how to be aware of the balance as we continue.”

The cyborg paces away, turning Airskipper’s battlecry over in his mind. This eager and impetuous young Sith will undoubtedly have a challenging road ahead of him, but so far that Vexx has observed, the acolyte now apprenticed to Shadow Hand Nathemus has yet to shy away from any challenge. Such is the nature of a true warrior.

“Now that you have found your battlecry, it is time to find your war song,” Vexx continues, “Think back into songs you have heard whose words resonate with your fighting spirit. Your war song should be something that fills you with inspiration and strength of heart to stay in a fight even when you are tired and have taken a beating; something you can see yourself moving to in combat. Just like your battlecry, find your war song; lay hold of it; claim it as your own. When you are ready, I would like to know what song you have chosen.”

OOC- This song—whatever it is—will be different from your character’s theme. This should be something that, when you listen to it, you can picture your character dominating in a duel. If you need resources to search, you may PM me at any time. I have plenty of resources I am happy to share.

Tobbi pondered the words of Lord Vexx; they spoke true, and in a way, there was a sense of understanding between the two, for both of them were cursed with a past that changed them forever. Destiny was a fickle mistress, after all, one slight alteration, and Tobbi could easily see himself still enthralled to others, to the undeserving, to the betrayers that had constantly taken him for granted; his family. The past was a part of him, a part of his legacy; to hide from it was to hide from change, from growth.

So Tobbi thought, and thought, and thought some more.

Until he finally found a song, one that resonated within his soul, Tobbi's battle song. It spoke to him, making him realize that despite everything he went through, despite the isolation, frustration, jealousy, malice, and maiming, he was still alive with something new to fight for. Tobbi, from now on, was done; he would never tolerate dishonor; he would never be a part of something that didn't understand him nor cherish him. Within the Darkside, the faithful and final Sith, Tobbi found more power, confidence, and respect than anyone bothered to give him aside from his cyborg assistant.

Never again would he live among the jaded.

Never again would he surrender himself to the uninspired and weak.

Never again would the profligates, sinners, and gentiles ever deserve his attention.

For Tobbi knew he carried the gift, he had been blessed with, and if others sought to rob him of it again, they would die. If they didn't recognize that his greatest asset could bring down the strongest of walls and help bring the greatest of boons, then so be it, they would all perish soon enough. If not by him, then by atrophy, and Tobbi Airskipper would be there to watch them wither into nothing with a cruel smile on his face.

The splendor of it all took Tobbi's breath away as Tobbi survived the maiming because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around him. He fell into that dark chasm, the flame burned on and on, but in the end, he was alive, stronger than ever. The secrets of the darkness were now his devour with impunity, the future was bright, and Tobbi found himself thinking less and less about his false family, his siblings that aimed for his head. Tobbi welcomed them and welcomed the future; for now, it was his playground; as the thing he treasured most in life would never be taken away.

Tobbi was alive.

TAG: @Darth Nathemus @Grievance Vexx

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber XII

Vexx waits patiently as Orario searches his soul for the word he wants to become in the dueling arena. While he waits, his own mind drifts back to his younger days as a duelist and how he had forged his own path which eventually brought him here; training others so they would not have to find their way unguided. As with every student he accepts within these walls, he is excited to see Orario grow and learn much faster than he was able to.

When the Zabrak comes forth with his word, the Krigsbefallaf nods in approval, but the opening lesson to his training cannot be moved on from so quickly. Vexx requires all of his students to understand what it is he is asking them to do in connecting themselves to the word of their choosing. He is about to push Orario deeper into this lesson.

“Why terror, young one?” he asks curiously, “It is indeed an applicable word to the fearsome duelist, but why does it resonate with you? Why do you wish to become a bringer of terror in the dueling arena?”

OOC- Just a reminder, please be sure you are following proper forum RPG formatting when posting. Always begin your IC post with your character’s name and the location. In this case, we are on Vassek III in Training Chamber XII.

Tag: @Orario Starwind

Last edited:
Apprentice Decon Andor
Training Chamber IX
Vassek III

Standing before the dark lord listening carefully as he spoke before replying.

" I understand my lord and will do as instructed by keeping my ears and mind open."

Decon watched Lord Vexx use his Telekinesis to move his mother's hilt to the Eastern wall. Honored by this and lord Vexx's comment Decon would nod in return and reply.

" Your most welcome my lord."

Noticing his instructor's change in his presence he knew that it was time to begin the next step in his training.
* stands at attention *
Decon now standing at attention listened to Lord vexx explain the next step. But also the dark lord used a word from his native language that Decon had never heard before. But wasn't going to interpret.

When the dark lord finished speaking. Decon prepared to begin the new task before him.

" My form is The Markashi or form II, way of yesalamiri, and the contention form. First taught to me by my mother over the traditional form I Shii-Cho. I admire the forms balance it gives me in combat. If memory serves me correctly this is your preferred form my lord.

The form II has both it's strengths such as efficiency balance better in single combat, a practitioner of this form is skilled in the mental aspects of battle as well and continues to analyze there oppents actions to identify weakness that may be exploited in battle. But unfortunately this form isn't with out its own weaknesses like multiple combatants blasters, as well as ranged weapons and emphasis on skill over brute force. This is the strengths and weaknesses of the form that I am aware of my lord. Now as requested in my task I shall give the forms stance."

Decon would take his spare lightsaber into his left hand and ignite it blood red blade, and spread his feet shoulder length apart and with his left hand pull the blade up were the blades red coloring covered his face and then as swiftly took the hilt and blade and lowered it to his left side.

" Forms stance from beginning to end my lord." * disengaging his saber and clipping back to his belt.*

@ Lord Grievance Vexx
@Ravager

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Vexx waits patiently as Orario searches his soul for the word he wants to become in the dueling arena. While he waits, his own mind drifts back to his younger days as a duelist and how he had forged his own path which eventually brought him here; training others so they would not have to find their way unguided. As with every student he accepts within these walls, he is excited to see Orario grow and learn much faster than he was able to.

When the Zabrak comes forth with his word, the Krigsbefallaf nods in approval, but the opening lesson to his training cannot be moved on from so quickly. Vexx requires all of his students to understand what it is he is asking them to do in connecting themselves to the word of their choosing. He is about to push Orario deeper into this lesson.

“Why terror, young one?” he asks curiously, “It is indeed an applicable word to the fearsome duelist, but why does it resonate with you? Why do you wish to become a bringer of terror in the dueling arena?”

OOC- Just a reminder, please be sure you are following proper forum RPG formatting when posting. Always begin your IC post with your character’s name and the location. In this case, we are on Vassek III in Training Chamber XII.

IC- Apprentice Orario Starwind Vassek III- Training Chamber XII Orario hears Lord Vexx's voice slowly come into his range as he comes out of his meditation to find the word that he wishes to become in the dueling arena and Looks up to Lord Vexx and answer his question. "I chose terror because I wish to be able to show my opponents their own worst fear before I defeat them both physically and mentally. I want my accomplishments to be told as frightening tales of domination in the arena and outside of it as well. I simply wish to be able to destroy my enemies with ease and precision. I seek your guidance and help in this endeavor, Lord Vexx."

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf could feel the war song pulsing through the Force. For being one whose natural hearing is so sensitive and whose exterior would appear insensitive, something deep in Vexx’s ancient roots would forever be moved by music. He can relate to Tobbi Airskipper’s chosen serenade.

“You think on your past.” It is a statement, not a question. The cyborg knows. He knows because he has been there; still goes there from time to time, though not as often as he used to. “It is good to keep your past and its pain close. This ensures change on your part; change that will protect you from history repeating itself. However, do not become so buried in your past that you inadvertently hamstring your future.”

The Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf takes to pacing once again; the self-soothing habit formed by the comfort he finds in motion, however aimless it appears to be. It is not angry or agitated pacing like a caged animal; rather it is slow, deliberate, contemplative. Some who have been around him long enough and grown accustomed to this otherwise intimidating behavior have come to find security in it.

“This is a strong and promising start,” he continues, “However, as I advise all my students, so too will I advise you: keep your ears and your mind open. This is only the beginning of what will become the soundtrack of your skill in the arena. You may be passing through a marketplace or a cantina and hear more songs that resonate with something inside of you. Add those on to what you have started. You will have an arsenal of inspiration behind you each time you draw your blade to do business. And now...we move on.”

Though Vexx has an intense laser focus that dominates the way his mind functions, he is just as capable of shifting it, turning on a dime, so to speak; likely a bit of flexible unpredictability learned from his master. In this case, he begins transitioning Tobbi into the next lesson in his established curriculum.

“Tell me about your chosen form, Tobbi Airskipper of House Vassago,” he commands, “What do you know about it and why did you choose it? Demonstrate for me, if you will, the opening stance to begin a duel with this form of your choosing.”

OOC- Congratulations! You are now moving into Lesson Three of the Counterstrike training. Feel free to be as descriptive as you like with your response. If you have any questions about things we have covered prior to, you may ask questions IC at any time or PM me if that is easier for you. I look forward to your next post.

Tobbi reflected on his chosen form, Djem-so, the perseverance form or strong style. It was an appropriate form for him as it defined his philosophy in battle,

"Djem-So embodies the motto of domination and strength through leverage. If lightsaber forms were boxing styles, as this form emphasized stone wall defense with devastating counters, then Djem-so was akin to the Brawling style. Just like Djem-so, Brawling Style sacrificed speed for stronger attacks and devastating counters."

Tobbi took out his ancient lightsaber found within the crypts of Balmorra; it dated back thousands of years, it was the weapon of a warrior, its bladed handguards and spiked pommel made it clear that it demanded blood and flesh. There were even times where Tobbi wondered if the blade called to him, making him more eager and bold at times. It was one of the reasons Tobbi lusted for a duel with a fellow apprentice; he felt that he could be more than a match for a majority of them save two by his estimation when it came to battle prowess, and both were Lord Vexx's apprentices, one was his superior. At the same time, the other was a match but needed to get over character issues.

Tobbi had character issues too, and he was well aware of them; his Impetuous nature made him a prime candidate for hot water at times, and he couldn't stop it. Tobbi's nature wasn't entirely a bad thing, and he knew this too; it allowed him to be more ambitious, more active, and more enthusiastic. His faults were not weaknesses, just the consequences of having those traits.

Tobbi accepted his thoughts and himself. Tobbi acknowledged that Lord Vexx probably read them like a book; however, Tobbi's passion was unyielding. He found himself antsier and antsier by the day, and he needed an outlet other than his studies. So Tobbi ignited his lightsaber and let that passion flow through him, making himself an open channel for the Darkside, holding the lightsaber above his head, angled back and down at an approximately forty-five-degree angle, taking in Djem-so's attack stance.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Tobbi was letting himself be as open as he could be to Lord Vexx, and he knew his master was watching somewhere, but Tobbi couldn't focus on that; he merely focused on the instructions the Dark lord outlined for him.

TAG: @Grievance Vexx @Darth Nathemus

Last edited:
IC: Ingh'rayne Bordst

He'd walked around most of the grounds here. It was most informative to see what the surroundings held. Then he came up to a building that showed some serious promise. "Lord Vexx's School of the Duel" That was interesting. He walked in, his usual boisterous self.

"Hello, folks!" He looked around at the students milling about. Being a smuggler and thief by trade, he didn't get much experience with dueling or sabers. He walked up to a wall with a display case. It held various lightsaber hilts. He knew what they were from his collection. He had one with a red blade, but was not sure where it came from. He looked at the various hilts in the case with some interest. Some were curved, some were double-ended, some were your standard blade. Interesting.

Tag: @Grievance Vexx

As Ingh-rayne Bordst stares around at what he thinks to be a classroom, he will soon realize his mistake. Everything around him is a hologram and little by little, the lightsabers, the students, the classroom facade, and the false sense of security fizzle into darkness.

The young smuggler is not alone, however. From out of the darkness gleam two very large and hungry eyes. Between and just below those eyes gleam two rows of very white and very sharp carnivorous teeth. The owner of the teeth brings said teeth right up in the stray apprentice’s face and unleashes a roar fit to blow the skin on his face back in a way that could rival heavy gravity force.

59876197-3709-47BD-A0E8-C9D0A8E6B082.jpeg

Before Ingh-rayne Bordst can even think to react, the creature opens its jaws and snatches him up in one bite. It keeps the apprentice in its slobbery mouth for a few minutes, savoring the flavor as though the intruder is some sort of lozenge...

“Grog! Put it down!” the voice of a droid comes muffled to the scared-stiff apprentice’s ears, “You know what Master Vexx told you about letting someone inspect your food before consumption when it doesn’t come from a reliable source. Now drop it!

Grog, an oversized pup of a roggwart, unceremoniously spews the intruder across the stone floor, covered in a thick sheen of drool and slobber. The droid, an antiquated EV medical unit, totters toward Mr. Bordst and circles him, then pokes him with a stick.

“Well, at least he’s not dead...yet,” the droid concludes before speaking to the intruder, “It seems you stumbled into a trap my master has at the ready for unauthorized visitors. This is why he has no friends, by the way. I assume you are hoping to be accepted at the Counterstrike dueling academy? Allow me to show you the way, oh lost one.”

OOC- Greetings, hopeful duelist. You are fortunate EV-A4-D has come to your rescue. There is a proper way to ensure you are directed to a training chamber and not a chamber of doom where Grog will eat you. Please start by PMing me your character sheet and we will discuss which of my training structures will best serve you.

Tag: @Darth Kratos

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber IX

The Kaleesh Dark Lord is pleased to hear Decon assure him that he will heed his advice. Some of these lessons may seem irrelevant, maybe even pointless, but most learn soon enough that everything done by Grievance Vexx is done for a reason. He stands in very interested silence as Decon begins to talk about his chosen form. Being a master practitioner of Makashi himself, he is listening intently to be sure that this student fully understands the form he has chosen.

“It is,” he confirms to this being his own preferred form with a slight inclination of his head, “I fell in love with the form early on in lightsaber combat training. It is not a form one might expect a character of a large build to favor, which is part of why I chose it: the element of surprise.”

As Decon demonstrates the opening stance, Vexx does the same, mirroring his student’s movements as though it were planned that way, but instead of returning his blade to his hip armor, the Krigsbefallaf demonstrates some of the most complicated footwork of the form, moving both blade and body with all the fluid grace of a dancer; soundless and seemingly light as a feather in spite of his three-hundred-pound durasteel frame.

When at last, he comes to a standstill, he raises the blade before his face and sweeps it down to the side before extinguishing the stark white plasma beam. The runes on his armor swirl, glow, and pulse with what can only be described as passion. Clearly, the Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf loves what he does and loves his chosen form even more.

“You know your core form well,” he tells Decon, “You also know its weaknesses, which is important as we step into lesson number four. Knowing the weaknesses of your core form, most supplement these with a second and sometimes even a third complimentary form to close all gaps in a fight, shifting with ease from one form to the other depending on the course of the duel and the needs of the duelist. What is your secondary form, Apprentice Decon? Tell me what it is and why you chose it to compliment your Makashi form? In addition, show me how you transition from one form to the other and back again by combining the opening stances.”

OOC- On to Lesson 4! You are getting into the meat of writing a duel now. If you do not already have a secondary form picked out, take your time and do some research to find one you like that will balance Makashi’s weaknesses. As always, if you have any questions, my inbox is open to you.

Tag: @patrickmcgarry8604

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

As Tobbi assumes the Djem-So stance and details what he knows about the form, Vexx listens intently. Regarding the lightsaber forms, he enjoys all of them in one way or another, but he has his favorites too. He stands perfectly still, absorbing Tobbi’s narrative, calculating his own response accordingly, based upon what he is piecing together that will benefit this particular student to learn.

“Ah, the Way of the Krayt Dragon,” he chuckles, sweeping his cloak behind his leading leg as he takes to pacing once again, “I might have known. It is a popular form among Sith for the very reasons the early Jedi frowned upon it. Did you know it has roots in the Makashi form?”

He paces to the far wall and appears to be examining his trophy weapons there as though trying to choose one. A deep rushing inhale through his respirator elevates his broad, cloaked shoulders momentarily before lowering them again. He selects a decidedly aged hilt and simply turns it in his mechanical hands, tracing a claw over the embossed leather grip.

“Djem-So also capitalizes on controlling the duel by controlling the opponent,” he continues, “But I will tell you, this same tactic can be employed through just about any form of lightsaber combat. Why? Because the battle begins in the mind of the duelist.”

He places the lightsaber back on the wall with a gentle reverence one might think a creature such as himself would be incapable of. Turning back to Tobbi Airskipper, he paces toward him once again, hands clasped behind his back.

“What else do you know of this form, Apprentice Airskipper?” he asks, “How deeply are you anchored in it? Do you know its history?”

His voice is neither threatening or implying that Tobbi should know the history. Rather, it is an honest question seeking an honest answer, for this is the way the Krigsbefallaf teaches. It is a skill learned well from his master.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf listens as Orario details the reasons behind his chosen word. It is not an impossible goal and Grievance Vexx should know. He has brought plenty of terror with his own skill and terror was never really his conscious goal to begin with.

“Instilling terror in your foes is more mental than it is physical,” the cyborg states, “Which is why these lessons begin with the mindset. With this being your chosen word, it is now your goal. It should be ever before you when you step into a duel until the word becomes you and you become the word.”

Vexx steps away from Orario, giving him space once again. Returning to the shadows along the edges of the room, the cyborg dims his presence once again and the etchings in his armor follow suit, dimming from crimson to near black as he fades from dominating the chamber.

“Now that you have found your battlecry, it is time now to find your war song,” he tells his Zabraki student, “I want you to think about every song you have ever heard and find one that resonates with your fighting spirit. Whatever this song is, it should fill you with strength, courage, and determination. It should inspire you to fight even when the battle proves to be difficult. Find the song, Apprentice Starwind, and when you have found it, let it flow through the Force so that I too may know what it is that inspires you.”

OOC- You are now moving into Lesson Two! This task is as it appears. Find a song that makes it easy for you to picture your character in combat; something that inspires a fighting spirit for your imagination when you write. It should be a song with lyrics that speak to you about who you want your character to be in the dueling arena. If you need suggestions on artists with songs of this nature, just shoot me a PM. I have plenty of music I am willing to share. When you find the song that fits, include it in a YouTube link in your next post, if possible.

Tobbi understood the intricacies and fickle nature of combat. In theory, any masterful duelist of any style could control the flow of battle, even a pure Soresu master, despite the form's pure defensive and passive nature. Could control the flow of combat by surrendering the lead of attack but guide the flow of battle to their ideal situation.

This tactic was not limited to Soresu users but could be utilized by those with more strategic minds. In essence, Tobbi believed that the lightsaber forms were not as limited as many perceived them to be. Instead, the forms were only limited by the imagination and creativity of the user. But Tobbi found himself addressed by the Kaleesh Dark Lord, who may or may not have a distaste for the young Airskipper. Tobbi couldn't tell from the Dark Lord's voice, but he sensed a sage warmth from the Kaleesh; his wisdom and power set the apprentice at ease from his doubts about his standing with his superior. Lord Vexx wanted to see if Tobbi knew the history of Djem so.

Tobbi knew, of course, but the real question was whether or not he knew as much as Lord Vexx, which the answer would always be no. As Lord Vexx was able to absorb the secrets of the force for a much longer time than the young Airskipper could ever hope to have at this point in his Sith career.

"You're right, Lord Vexx, Djem-so does originate from Makashi, but I'm perplexed by how such a conclusion was made. Djem-So interests me in various ways, in obviously inherited its footwork and focus on blade binds from Makashi, while its defense was inherited from Soresu. Still, more emphasis was placed on the ability to parry attacks in such a brutal manner. As for its history..."

Tobbi relaxed from his stance.

"Djem-So, I believe, was made in conjunction with three other forms before the Great Hyperspace War. Those other forms were Ataru and the other Form V variant Shien. All three forms were created to provide more options in combat as the Jedi Battle masters felt that Soresu was too passive and Makashi was considered archaic at the time."

Enthusiasm leaked from every word leaving from Tobbi's mouth, his passion for dueling was on full display; he loved sparring and participating in combat of any type, and he loved researching lore of any kind.

TAG: @Grievance Vexx @Darth Nathemus

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Having the liberty to linger on a particular point in this training is not something Vexx ignores. He has not nor will he ever view the teaching of underlings as an assembly line process with the goal being mass amounts pushed through the system. He would rather rot. No, the Krigsbefallaf is exceedingly patient—almost to a level that irritates those whose will is to break it. He will take as much time as each individual needs. Cookie cutter processes and those that follow them only serve to anger the Kaleesh Dark Lord. He has seen his share of upper ranks push through so many apprentices to “earn” the rank of master and such track records nauseate him. He is a follower of the old ways of Sith tradition—quality over quantity. It may be to his own demise one day, but he will have no regrets.

Watching Tobbi now, Vexx knows he is absorbing the information he is sharing; drinking it in as a desert land consumes every drop of rain and is not satisfied. His hunger will lead him to gratitude, a healthy trait to have among so many with the power to extinguish you and purge the galaxy of your memory.

Vexx knows without being told that he is exceedingly difficult to read. Though he is likely one of the most transparent Sith in the Order, his motives become obscured by his expressionless face and synthetic voice that seem to drown emotion from his presence; make him droid-like...a fact he will forever hate passionately.

He can sense the uncertainty of the Shadow Hand’s apprentice now as he tries to read through the cyborg’s tough exterior. Vexx always finds this amusing. All eventually learn just how the Krigsbefallaf regards them and where they stand among his values. A paradox in his own right, though he is transparent, he will never make things easy for anyone whether they are a student, an apprentice, an enemy, or an ally.

“Parries, thrusts, and counterstrikes are what distinguish Makashi,” he replies to Airskipper’s perplexity, “The difference lies in the strikes. Makashi is designed to preserve energy and can lengthen a duel depending on the stamina of the opponent. Djem-So makes quicker work of the duel by delivering devastation in the strength and brutality of the strike once an opening is created. I myself lapse into the Way of the Krayt Dragon from time to time. This is why it is important to keep your mind engaged in the duel as much as your blade. You will learn to recognize the changing tides of combat. As I am sure you know, the Art of War describes the nature of warfare to be ever changing, like water, which calls us to be fluid and flexible if we are to survive and conquer. You are correct on what combinations created the Perseverance Form. This being the case, it is versatile in a number of situations. You know your core form well. Even so, it is good practice to balance your core form with a secondary form that compliments it. Having more than one form to use interchangeably makes you less predictable to your opponents and gives you an advantage in the arena.”

He lapses into contemplative silence, giving Tobbi time to absorb and understand what he is presenting. Ever the patient one, there is no such thing as awkward silence with Lord Vexx. He finds comfort in the quietness of his own musings and can keep himself busy thinking all day, but at this time, he does have more to say on the subject.

“Do you have a secondary form, Apprentice Airskipper?” he asks at length, though still there is the implication that there will be no judgement if the younger Sith does not. Obviously, Vexx will have no qualms in further teaching. “If you do not currently, what would you choose to compliment your core form?”

OOC- You are now stepping into the fourth lesson of Counterstrike. If you do not already have a secondary form, take your time and research what you think would work best in conjunction with your core form. As always, if you need to pick my brain for anything, my inbox is open to you.

Ah, message received. Conversations between sapients was already a complex process. Body language, tone, facial expressions all culminate into a message. That message, whether or not it could be deciphered, depended on a person's ability to read the micro messages beforehand. If they could correctly understand the tells, they would better understand the person.

However, in Tobbi's perplexed attempts to understand the Dark Lord through these micro messages. Tobbi overfocused and overlooked something simple; Lord Vexx was very transparent. Not through his tells but the force. The cybernetic armor didn't help Tobbi at all.

The armor was intimidating, and his voice disorienting. Through all his years in dealing with the criminal underworld, Tobbi never met a fusion of cybernetics and flesh quite like the Dark Lord.

Of course, Tobbi knew of beings such as Darth Vader and General Grievous, but it was another thing altogether to encounter such a being.

However, the force and other context clues allowed Tobbi to settle down as a true weakness popped up and was on full display now. After so many betrayals, Tobbi had effectively become paranoid, unsure of another person's motives at any given time.

Tobbi was passionate, which made him fiercely competitive, which could at times isolate him from others. Such a thing was a pain at times as others would often misinterpret him, which led to Tobbi misinterpreting Lord Vexx.

Funny how that works, but Tobbi, in truth, was grateful to the Dark Lord and his school; it made him think about topics he never considered essential but in reality, were critical.

The young Airskipper mused on other things such as discussion on lightsaber techniques, origins, and use of a secondary form; Tobbi had long pondered on using a supplemental style. In theory, all forms were nice compliments of one another. It was nice to talk about these things; he immensely enjoyed these discussions.

Djem-So and Makashi we're an unexpected but beautiful pair, especially when in the hands of true Saber masters like the aforementioned Vader and Lord Vexx.

Djem-So could also be paired with Juyo and Ataru to make a devastating offensive as Anakin skywalker did with Ataru and Bane did with Juyo.

So what was going to be Tobbi's secondary form?

"Shii-Cho, Niman, and Juyo. Those would be my supplemental styles. Niman because I plan to configure this lightsaber to have a dual blade and saber staff feature to give me more options in combat, as well as general awareness.

Juyo to compensate for Djem-so's sacrifice of speed. And..."

Tobbi pondered a bit; he was unsure of this last choice.

"Shii-Cho. I'm not sure why I've grown a fondness for this form. I feel it's underrated as it can be an effective randomized style but simultaneously so..simple. It has also been revamped into a more practical yet defensive style as it utilized the modern principles of the three rings of defense. Something Puke Skywalker learned from dueling his father, Vader, on multiple occasions."

TAG @Grievance Vexx @Darth Nathemus

IC: Ingh'rayne Bordst

The disappearance of everything in the area was shock enough to make him stop in his tracks, but then that... dog...? He could swear it was wagging its tail as the immense canine took him into its mouth. He tried to push his way out through the teeth, to no avail. He tried to push the lower jaw down. Also no good. The fact that the pooch hadn't been chewing was a good thing. He'd certainly be mush by now if it was. Rayne must be more or less a toy for it.

Someone was speaking outside of the dogs jaws, though Rayne couldn't understand a word. Only the inflection. Whatever it was appeared to be lecturing the dog. It appeared to work. Next thing he knew, Rayne was lying on the ground covered with dog slobber. Rayne didn't want to be touching anything. It all felt slimy. Sticky. He didn't even want to touch his own clothes. He pulled one side of his jacket away from him and looked inside. Slobber through and through. "Yeeaachhh!" he said with disgust.

He looked up at the droid standing over him. At the question the droid posed about wanting to learn the art of the lightsaber, Rayne meekly nodded his head. An assumption, of course, that this droid would understand that gesture in the affirmative. Rayne had visited one world where nodding your head had a tendancy to insult someone's parental units. That was a difficult run.

Rayne got up and followed to doddering droid as he walked back through the residence / academy. There were more than a few training rooms. Some people were in a few of them, some practicing forms by themselves, some sparring with others. This seemed to be the place to go.

"Say, droid. I, uh... I don't know your name, do I? Droid, yes, I do want to learn from your master. I have some experience with martial arts, but none with weaponry. I mean, I know the emitter from the pommel, and I can turn one on without skewering myself, so I guess that makes me somewhat more than a beginner. But, you understand, being a theif, I try to avoid confronting others. I want to know how to take someone on in close-quarters combat. Is this the right place for that?"

Tag: @Grievance Vexx

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Calm and patient as the Shadow Hand’s apprentice mulls things over in his mind, Vexx waits in silence. His presence in the Force is as heavy and solid as his physical build, but it is quiet; respectful, even to an underling in the ways of how they learn as individuals. While he would seem passively inactive, however, this cannot be further from the truth. His mind is always on the move; his thoughts ever turning, circling subjects of focus like a carousel, taking in every angle.

Tobbi Airskipper’s moments of learning are not just his own. The Krigsbefallaf is learning as well, noting every unsettled quirk, every blink, every breath, every fidget of his student; forever analyzing, strategizing; looking to the future of where this apprentice will go. While he does not possess the gift of foresight like the beloved Empress of the Final Sith Order
, he does consider where the future should lead for each student that dares enter his fortress.

“Your ambition is noticed,” he replies as the apprentice lists all the additional forms he wishes to learn, “But let us not put the cart before the guarlara. Perfecting your core form should be your focus for now. Practice duels will not place you in any danger of death or dismemberment...hopefully. That is not to say that you will not get hurt. Such sessions will help you actively connect with the form and learn what works and what does not; where the weak points are. Once you have a firm handle on this information, you will be able to determine where to work in the strengths of the other forms you wish to apply.”

He paces to the perimeter again, approaching a different wall this time. Selecting a lightsaber—one that likely belonged to a padawan judging by the braided hair attached to the hilt—he takes it in his deadly claws.

“How do you feel about dueling a Dark Lord, Apprentice Airskipper?” For the first time, Vexx lets his natural intimidation rest heavily in the room, “Think you are Sith enough to put up a decent fight?”

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom