Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Counterstrike - Lord Vexx’s School of the Duel

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
“Greetings and welcome, hopeful one, to Lord Vexx’s School of the Duel. I am Lord Vexx’s medical droid, EV-A4-D. Here you will learn the tricks of the trade from a master duelist whose abilities stretch far back into his earliest days as an acolyte. Lord Vexx will teach you what you need to know in order to stand out to a master and survive melee combat without losing life or limb. He will also share his secrets to writing a good duel and offer tips to keep Darth Writer’s Block out of your way. You can expect to receive constructive criticism in both IC (in character) and OOC (out of character) forms. Lord Vexx leaves no room for excuses. He is willing to teach one on one and reserves the right to dismiss those who dare to waste his time. If you are willing to learn and willing to be pushed beyond what you think you can do, feel free to enter the training grounds of Lord Grievance Vexx.”

858218C5-F97F-4E20-B01D-4C10EC33692A.png

Vassek III - The Lair of Grievance Vexx

2A845768-ABF8-4EB1-9DC1-E1C40E9B46C2.png

The shuttle touches down in front of an ominous black fortress shrouded in thick fog. The air is chilly as you make your way down the ramp, looking around warily; fearfully. Despite every fiber of your being screaming at you to turn tail and run, you approach the doors to the fortress. You raise a trembling hand to knock, but before your knuckles even meet the durasteel surface, the door slowly opens with a low rumbling sound. You find it difficult to swallow past the sickening lump of anxiety lodged in your throat. Is the Kaleesh war commander of House Cruor expecting you? Should you be comforted if he is? These thoughts chase each other around in your mind as you cross the threshold, jumping with a start as the heavy door thuds shut behind you. Somehow you feel as though you have been sealed inside a tomb. A long, dark corridor yawns before you and, in spite of your fears, you follow the unseen pull that draws you into unknown darkness.

90C56BBD-FEB2-4D5D-B80A-DB9DEB9D8FFB.jpeg

The corridor seems to go on and on. You cannot see the end for it is perpetually dark ahead of you. Dim lights embedded in the walls on either side of you light up briefly as you pass them, but die just as quickly, keeping your field of vision frustratingly limited. After what seems like an eternity, the corridor finally leads somewhere and you enter a vestibule of sorts with several towering forms coming into view. As you come closer, you realize they are statues of a strange warrior. In the darkness that seems to be an ongoing theme for this place, you cannot rightly determine the warrior’s species.

77023DC3-1949-435D-8241-9697A12DB4DC.png

There is another room before you and you enter. This one is—you guessed it—dark and quiet as the grave, but dim light reveals strange shapes hanging around and above you. As you strain your eyes to make out these shapes, you almost walk right into a wall of expressionless faces, their empty eye sockets staring back at you. Empty...yet they seem to be staring you down with a cold and merciless gaze.

4E3C5E2E-EF30-4F11-8166-8FE60143A7C4.jpeg

“Hello there.”

The low, rumbling droid-like voice startles you as it seems to be coming from the expressionless faces you have been staring at. How is that even possible? You look around for the true source of the disembodied voice, certain you have been being watched from somewhere else in this room. Your senses serve you well and you realize this as a pair of gleaming amber eyes come toward you from the inner gloom. You can hear a faint mechanical whirring and, as the owner of the eyes finally comes into view, you find him to be an imposing metal monstrosity.

45E862A4-3781-4AAC-8603-CA29E0414E33.gif

“You have come to train, yes?” he asks, to which you give an affirmative nod. The Kaleesh cyborg inclines his head to you and motions for you to follow him. You notice that rooms seem to light up as he enters them and deduce that he is either manipulating the environment through the Force or this fortress has been designed to activate such things only when he is present. You may never know the answer for certain. All you know is you don’t want to get lost in this place, so you stick close to your guide.

“I am Lord Grievance Vexx, Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor and this...” he gestures below as the room the two of you have just entered illuminates, “This is where you will learn to become a master duelist.”

BA2D227E-6C2E-49ED-81E3-9AE91AC43AB2.jpeg

——————————

OOC- If you are interested in training here, please private message your character sheet to me here on the forums for review. Information should include your rank. If you are an apprentice, please attach the name of your master to your character sheet as well. If your CS is approved with no questions or discrepancies, you will receive a tag here in this thread and your training will begin. Keep in mind that part of your training is ensuring your ability to follow instructions, so be sure to send character sheets to me via PM on the forums only. Do not post your CS to this thread. A roster of students will be maintained within this opening post for your progress to be tracked by you, myself, and your master (if applicable).

See you on the other side of my blade.

💀

Roster:
@Karros Zaruiel - Full Training
Training Chamber I
Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2
Progress - Lesson 3

@Sharkish’Ki - Supplemental Training
Training Chamber IV

@Amaya Masslat - Full Training
Training Chamber II

Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2

Progress - Lesson 3

@Tobbi Airskipper - Full Training
Training Chamber III
Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2
Completed - Lesson 3
Completed - Lesson 4

Progress - Lesson 5

@Senec Tinople - Full Training
Training Chamber V
Completed - Lesson 1
Progress - Lesson 2

@Kint Dranlor - Supplemental Training
Training Chamber VI

@Bril'Kairn - Full Training
Training Chamber VII
Progress - Lesson 1

@Cygnus Luc’idus - Full Training
Training Chamber VIII
Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2
Completed - Lesson 3
Completed - Lesson 4

Progress - Lesson 5

@HakonAndor - Full Training
Training Chamber IX
Completed - Lesson 1
Progress - Lesson 2

In Memory Of Decon Andor (patrickmcgarry8604) whose progress is recorded below:
Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2
Completed - Lesson 3

Progress - Lesson 4

@Undying Master Xiannarr - Supplemental Training
Training Chamber X

@Urizen - Supplemental Training
(Djem-So Form)
Training Chamber XI

@Orario Starwind - Full Training
Training Chamber XII
Completed - Lesson 1
Progress - Lesson 2

@Darth Kratos - Full Training
Training Chamber XIII
Completed - Lesson 1
Completed - Lesson 2

Progress - Lesson 3

Last edited:
Karros walked through the halls of Lord Vexx's home. While logically he knew he need not fear anything in his Cruor brethren's home, that he was expected and practically welcomed, the intimidating architecture of the Krigsbefallaf's home played its psychological effect on his mind well. His mind and body were tense, anticipating a surprise or jump scare at any moment. Karros' past of letting down his guard or being overconfident or careless had consistently lead to disastrous consequences. And so even in the home of one he called friend Karros kept his guard up, at least until he knew he was clear of any surprises.

He continued to walk down the long corridor and through the rooms, looking about the decor of Lord's Vexx's home while looking for his host. This was perhaps the first time that Karros was the receiver of Xenia instead of of its upholder like he was in the cantina.

Out of the darkness of the latest room Lord Vexx appeared. Karros bowed before him. "Greetings Lord Vexx. I have indeed come to take up your offer of schooling. You have my deepest gratitude." Karros acted much more politely and formally then he normally did in the barracks. He was a guest after all, and etiquette demanded that as a guest he pay respect to his host. As an upholder of Xenia he knew that well.

Lord Vexx gestures him to follow and Karros does so. As they walk through the halls Karros can see through windows into other rooms they pass. Other rooms filled with other people undergoing training. The hall they were going through seemed dedicated to a specific kind of room, the walls and floor sterile and bleached white marked in a grid-like pattern. Karros recalled images of the training grounds of The Box and the Well from his studies of Imperial history. He wondered if Lord Vexx had procured the architectural plans for the Box and had managed to replicate them here in his home.

Lord Vexx turns and leads the both of them into a darkened room. Karros had just stepped in when the lights went on. Momentarily blinded he squinted in the sudden flare of white light. As his eyes adjusted Karros saw that they stood in a room that indeed did replicate the Box of Clone Wars fame. The room was a perfect 100 cubic feet in size, the walls, floor and ceiling bleach-white and reflecting the harsh light. They were covered in a grid-like crisscross. If Lord Vexx had indeed procured the plans for the Box, then Karros imagined that each square could move at his host's command. But as it was now, in its "default" state, there was no cover anywhere. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The perfect environment to confront Karros' tactical weakness.

Karros looked around at the room. "This reminds much of the Box from the Clone Wars era. I have seen the entries in the Imperial histories."

Karros straightened to attention. "How would you like me to begin?"

preview03.jpg

Vexx is pleased to see Karros enter his domain. Yes, he had been fully aware of his arrival. Even before the shuttle had deposited him outside of his fortress, he had sensed his presence approaching. Though he is usually one to simply cut to the chase in most instances, he had allowed himself time to study Karros as he had entered and navigated the dark corridors of his home. For a moment, he had even entertained the thought of letting Grog out to greet his guest, but no. The roggwart is still young and hyper. Perhaps another time Karros will have to meet Grog.

For now, the cyborg leads his first student to his numerous training rooms, choosing one with little obvious distraction for now. Focus is something the Krigsbefallaf demands as lack of such can lead to surprises. And death. Though both he and Karros hail from the House whose theme is death, it is for the sake of bringing death; not receiving it. He stops in the center of the gridded room, his back turned to his follower, allowing Karros a few moments to appreciate the surroundings. He is pleased to learn that the young apprentice is knowledgeable in an era for which he himself is quite fond.

“And so it should,” Vexx replies to Karros’s observation of the room, “This fortress itself dates back to that era, for it once was home to my father, General Grievous.”

He turns to face Karros as the former bounty hunter inquires on what he is expected to do to begin his training. The Kaleesh warrior says nothing for a time, merely returning Karros’s gaze; studying him; reading him, though with no reliance on the Force. Vexx prefers to engage his attention to detail and his strategic mind without the more intrusive probing the Force affords him.

“I would like you to begin with this thought, Apprentice Karros,” he replies slowly, “What word do you wish the galaxy would attach to your name and presence? What is one descriptive word you want applied to you while in combat? Meditate on this, Karros, and search the depths of your soul for the word. It is inside you, waiting to be called upon. When you have found it, speak it, for it is to become your battlecry that will set your goal before you each time you enter the battlefield. Whatever this word is should perpetually be what you strive for each and every time you draw your blade.”

OOC- I would encourage you to expound on whatever word you come up with by putting it through on thesaurus.com. Even a word that sounds weak may have a stronger synonym that will give deeper meaning and intensity to what you write.

@Karros Zaruiel

When the ship arrived in front of the imposing fortress, which was surrounded by fog, Amaya felt the atmosphere around her make her feel insecure and frightened, but at the same time curious and eager to learn new things. She slowly got out of the ship, noticing everything around her. The closer she got, the stronger her emotions became. Arriving in front of the door, she raised her hand so that she could knock on the doors, but her hand did not touch them because both doors opened simultaneously and heavy, making a very loud noise that stretched across the dark hallway. She stepped slowly forward, using her senses to be able to walk more easily through the dark tunnel. As she progressed, the tunnel became more and more frightening, and the pressure felt stronger and stronger, even with the dim lights that were there. In the end, in front of her was a room, the room that seems not to be empty, the further she went she noticed some statues, statues that could not be seen very well due to the dim light. Amaya went in, but until she enters, she realizes that there is another room there, she chooses to enter in that room. In that room, Amaya felt that she was not alone, she felt that she was being seen from all sides, and this made her turn slowly and look around very carefully. She heard a voice, which made her start and keep looking around, but this time faster, and instinctively she lit her two lightsabers. She saw that from the left side of the room came out some bright eyes, like amber, they came out in evidence because of the darkness.She greeted him.
"Greetings"
At that moment, Amaya closed her lightsabers. Amaya was asked if she came for training, and she said yes. As Lord Grievance headed for a certain place, Amaya began to follow him. The more rooms they went through, the brighter and easier they became to see, which helped Amaya know the place as she passed through it.
When they had finally reached the final place, Lord Grievance showed the whole room. At that moment Amaya looked with great interest towards the whole place, a smile appeared on her face. The room was very large, with cream walls, it was lighted, and there were two platforms placed at different levels, one lighter and one lower, and in the center of the platforms there was a space of round shape, as well as at the extremities.
After a while, she looked at Lord Grievance and said in a very determined tone, "I can't wait to start your training."

@Grievance Vexx

Amaya’s landing had come as no surprise to the cybernetic Sith Lord. He had sensed her eagerness to learn the day she had responded to his offer to train. He is pleased that she has followed through this far. He can sense that she is a determined personality, but he is also aware of her fragility. She is young in the Empire and in the perfect position to build a strong foundation of knowledge and skill for herself. The Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor looks forward to helping her gather the blocks that will become her foundation.

He quirks a brow behind his mask as she draws her lightsabers. While he is pleased to see her reflexes are fast, he already knows she would be doomed if he were truly out to harm her. He will be hospitable today though. Hopefully, by the conclusion of this training, if she is committed, she will be equipped to duel a foe such as himself and live to tell the tale with honor and dignity one day.

He greets her without ceremony. Showy introductions and flowery words simply are not his way. To him, words have their place, but too many only become clutter and in silence, he hopes his student will better centralize her focus. She will need it in order to progress through his training.

“Your ambition is noticed,” he replies as they enter the room where Amaya’s training will begin, “Keep that close as it is fuel for the fire that will power your soul in combat, but be mindful that raw ambition is not enough on its own. You must have focus. That is why we are here in this room with so little distraction. For your first lesson, Amaya Masslat, I want you to search your heart and soul for one word that you wish to be known for when you step into combat. This word will be your battlecry each time you set forth to lock blades with your foes, so find it; meditate on it; grasp it as you grasp the hilt of your weapon and draw it forth to call upon it. Whatever this word is, it has been with you from birth and though it is not who you are presently, it is who you are to become. I will see to it.”

@Amaya Masslat

Amaya continued to follow him until they reached a room, the room where her training would begin. She began to look around so she could better see how the room was like. As she looked around the room she began to think about the best places in the room, but also the weakest for a fight and where to go depending on what she has to do in a future fight, whether if she have to attack or defend herself.

As Lord Grievance spoke, Amaya listened with interest to his opinions and advice.
After Lord Grievance told her exactly the first lesson, Amaya began to think about that word. At that moment, a lot of things went through her mind and a lot of reasons why she would choose a certain subject, word ...

Due to the fact that she could not put her thoughts in order, she thought that it would be best to meditate on that thing and not just think, so she put herself in a position to meditate and began to focus on that thing. She began to connect with her deepest thoughts and to remember her past, a past that always helped her use her inner anger.

After a while ... she found it, opened her eyes and stood up and then told Lord Grievance what that word was ... that word that describes her and the way she lives ...

She looked at Lord Grievance and in the next second said to him ... "The word I chose, which I felt is 'determination', by determination I will be able to keep my fire burning, by determination I will learn and I will overthrow all my enemies. "

@Grievance Vexx

IC - Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber II

The cyborg steps away, giving Amaya space and silence in which to meditate. He is in no hurry. His history is comprised of a lifetime of waiting and he is no stranger to patience. As the young woman meditates and searches for the word to become her battlecry and description in combat, he occupies himself with his own quiet meditation, reliving his younger days in which he was sharpening his skill as an aspiring Sith. He has made it his duty to never forget his own journey and so he reflects on it often.

As Amaya speaks and brings forth her chosen word, Vexx can feel it echoing in the depths of the Force like an anchor striking the floor of a dark sea and claiming it as it’s stronghold.

“Well done, Amaya Masslat,” he replies with a slight inclination of his head, “Your chosen battlecry reminds me of a close friend of mine who has lived and breathed this word for as long as I have known her. If you can lay hold of that goal as firmly as she, I have no doubt you will rise to greatness one day.”

He paces away for a moment, his back turned to his student as he gives her time to consider what he has just told her. There is a stretch of silence before he speaks again. “A battlecry is not enough, however. In the heat and confusion that often comes with combat, you may lose sight of your goal. Self doubt is a common thief who makes it his business to steal away your confidence and, by extension, your future. This may sound silly, Amaya, but humor me for a moment.”

He pauses again, then turns back to the aspiring young duelist and paces toward her, hands clasped behind his back. “In addition to your battlecry, you must also have a fight song. Music is a universal language that brings forth inspiration. It brings calm to fussy younglings and bolsters courage in uncertain times. Find your fight song, Amaya Masslat. Find that lyric that lights that fuse of determination in your soul. Let it be a song that reminds you to settle for nothing less than victory. When you have found it, I should like to hear it reverberating through the Force.”

OOC- Congratulations, Amaya. You have now begun Lesson 2. You will receive a PM from me containing further instructions on what is expected from you in this lesson. ⚔

@Amaya Masslat

Vexx is pleased to see Karros enter his domain. Yes, he had been fully aware of his arrival. Even before the shuttle had deposited him outside of his fortress, he had sensed his presence approaching. Though he is usually one to simply cut to the chase in most instances, he had allowed himself time to study Karros as he had entered and navigated the dark corridors of his home. For a moment, he had even entertained the thought of letting Grog out to greet his guest, but no. The roggwart is still young and hyper. Perhaps another time Karros will have to meet Grog.

For now, the cyborg leads his first student to his numerous training rooms, choosing one with little obvious distraction for now. Focus is something the Krigsbefallaf demands as lack of such can lead to surprises. And death. Though both he and Karros hail from the House whose theme is death, it is for the sake of bringing death; not receiving it. He stops in the center of the gridded room, his back turned to his follower, allowing Karros a few moments to appreciate the surroundings. He is pleased to learn that the young apprentice is knowledgeable in an era for which he himself is quite fond.

“And so it should,” Vexx replies to Karros’s observation of the room, “This fortress itself dates back to that era, for it once was home to my father, General Grievous.”

He turns to face Karros as the former bounty hunter inquires on what he is expected to do to begin his training. The Kaleesh warrior says nothing for a time, merely returning Karros’s gaze; studying him; reading him, though with no reliance on the Force. Vexx prefers to engage his attention to detail and his strategic mind without the more intrusive probing the Force affords him.

“I would like you to begin with this thought, Apprentice Karros,” he replies slowly, “What word do you wish the galaxy would attach to your name and presence? What is one descriptive word you want applied to you while in combat? Meditate on this, Karros, and search the depths of your soul for the word. It is inside you, waiting to be called upon. When you have found it, speak it, for it is to become your battlecry that will set your goal before you each time you enter the battlefield. Whatever this word is should perpetually be what you strive for each and every time you draw your blade.”

OOC- I would encourage you to expound on whatever word you come up with by putting it through on thesaurus.com. Even a word that sounds weak may have a stronger synonym that will give deeper meaning and intensity to what you write.

@Karros Zaruiel

Karros turned inward. It was an unexpected opening lesson. There were many things he wished to be ascribed to his name. Victorious. Sadistic. Relentless. Cunning. Lethal. These were but a few things he wished to first come to mind when his foes show him on the battle field. But what did he want described to him above all others? Karros focused on his tactics, his aspirations, and his inner mindset towards both. Examining his past methods, and the methods he intended to use in the future, he began to distill his choice word.

"Victorious" had been the first word to come to Karros' mind. Victory and success were concepts that permeated every aspect of his life. Before he joined the Empire, his life and career as a bounty hunter depended on his success. A successful, victorious mission meant a paycheck and an addition to his reputation. A good reputation meant better paying and more frequent missions, leading to better equipment and higher likelihood of success in the next mission. A failed mission meant no pay, and would meaning forfeiting a portion of his rep, the trust of potential clients, and causing him to lose missions and thus pay. Victory literally was synonymous with life. This upbringing had made him a perfectionist. He had learned that oftentimes there were no second chances, and that it is often better to get it right the first time. The client expected the job to be done right the first time. And in combat, rare is the concept of a second chance. A missed first chance usually equaled death. Therefore, should not his choice word be "victorious"?

Karros frowned slightly. "Victorious" was too plebian a word. It did not distinguish him from the sea of other combatants who doubtless had the same word in mind. It was not unique, it was a goal. Everyone wished for victory, at least in the sense Karros described it. All felt shame at defeat, at least to a degree. In his own friendly sparring duels Karros had felt shame in his defeats but because they were meant to expand his horizons and test his martial capabilities instead a life-and-death struggle he did not feel as much shame. No, "victorious" was not the word he was looking for. Though he intended to always be victorious, it was too shallow to really describe him. It did not truly describe him nor distinguish him from the other combatants. So he moved on.

The next word that had come to mind was "sadistic". In combat Karros showed no mercy. The thoughts he had of defiling his enemies filled him with glee. His foes literally defaced, their blood and organs decorating the floor. The mental image excited him to no end. But what of the enemies with whom he had no mental or emotional investment? Karros calmed down a bit to seriously examine he thought of them. Surprisingly he regarded them with dismissal and slight disdain. When encountering them he dealt with them quickly and efficiently, spending little to no time on torturing them before their deaths. Even then he usually killed them purely for practical reasons; they may posses something that may help him later on and to permanently keep them from interfering when he dealt with his target. Karros was only sadistic with enemies he had an investment in. No, "sadistic" was not the word he was looking for either, as it only described a small portion of him and not him as a whole.

"Relentless" was the next word that had come to him. True, when he had a goal or a target he almost never gave up pursuit. And he would not stop until he had reached it, even if that timeframe took months or even years. But even as the word had formed in his mind it fizzled and died. "Relentless" was standard amongst the Sith. It was hardly unique, rather it was an expectation. And at times the relentless pursuit of something lead to the destruction and downfall of a Sith who did not know when to relent. No, "relentless" was not it either. It did not distinguish him, and even then only described a very small portion of himself.

"Cunning" was the next word. He was methodical and meticulous in his plans, doing his best to account for every possibility. After all, his brash and carelessness was what cost him years and dignity, and so he had made sure to rectify that. Karros liked to think of himself as a tactician. He harnessed his emotions and his passions and directed them towards his goals. If passions were flames, then he was a blowtorch. Karros preferred precise, precision tactics, driving his foe to what he wanted it. To control the flow of battle as well as live in the heat of it. That was true art. As an assassin, he was accustomed to moving amongst the shadows, "directing" his foe with guerilla strikes and retreating before they had a chance to react. All of this required great skill and knowledge of his enemy, their mindset and the terrain and the best ways to exploit both. When that thought crossed his mind Karros knew he could not be considered "cunning", not yet anyway. There was still much he needed to learn, much that he did not know. The lack of, or worse, use of wrong, information in judgment making during combat was disastrous at best, deadly at worst. And at this point there was much Karros simply did not know. So until he knew more, Karros could not call himself "cunning."

"Lethal" was the next word. It was also true that whenever Karros encountered a hostile, he would put it down. He could not risk loose ends coming back to interfere with his plans. And he was an assassin after all. He killed. And when he killed he made sure they were dead. It would be quite embarrassing to think your assassination mission a success and the next morning find out they survived. But the more Karros thought it over the more "lethal" did not seem to fit. True, it perfectly described his profession and his endgame intent, but it did not describe his tactics, his methodology. It was too shallow.

All five words that had initially come to mind had been discounted. Karros was stumped. How to best sum himself up in a single word? As he quietly sighed and frowned to himself he re-examined his tactics. Karros often refrained from open combat until he knew had an advantage or until something he could take advantage of appeared. And when something did appear, he made sure to use or exploit it. He was methodical in his plans and strategies, doing his best to take into account every detail and working from there. When faced with his enemies in the field, he would use all of his planning and available resources to their maximum potential. Even if meant stooping to "dirty fighting". He was Sith. Fights, especially ones of life and death, were not clean. He was willing to use any and all methods to take down his enemies. And when his enemies were downed, Karros made sure his foes never rose up again.

As he went through his mental archive a single word floated up. One that actually summed up and encapsulated all of the other words combined. A word that summed him up.

"Pragmatic" Karros answered Lord Vexx, "Pragmatic is the word I wish ascribed to my name. That I will use any and all means to defeat my enemies. That even the ground, their past, even their own saber and mind are my weapons. That no tactic or method is too low or cowardly for my use, for in the end, it is voctory that matters."

~~~~~~~
OOC i used this tv tropes link to really get what i was going for. look it up for some really good examples.

@Grievance Vexx

IC- Apprentice Terrogate, Artifex of Tollere.
{ Lord, General Vexx’s Fortress }

Terrogates T-class personal cruiser ROAR-1 makes its way downwards through the atmosphere and towards the landing pad outside the Giant Black fortress of the General. Landing gear engaged is touches down to the surface without any hindrances despite the thick fog that had settled over the planet like a blanket. He picks up and holsters his weapons, and on remembering what the Shaddowhand had once told him the Cathar warrior moves to the ready room and sits cross legged letting his mind slip into a deep meditation. ”All you need is your wit and the force” he had been told. Terrogate would not let an opportunity to learn from Lord Vexx be missed, but nor would he dare give the Dark General anything other than his very best efforts.

~*~ some time later ~*~

Terrogate slowly makes his way down through the long dark hall, even with his heightened feline senses normally allowing him to see clearly in the dark, he cannot see more than 4 or 5 meters into the dark corridor before the blackness took his vision. The lights on the wall that appear as he moves lighting his way, disappear behind him just as fast as he passed beyond them. Such limited vision was not a sensation he usually encountered during his waking hours. It was through light itself, came here to die.

He has no choice but to continue pushing forwards. The air was stale and despite the Cathars best effort to hear any sound he only heard the sound of his own breath and his boots clicking on the cold floor below him as he walked.

Finally at what seems like hours of walking, the corridor opens into a vestibule, towering statues of an unknown warrior surround the Cathar warrior. It is still very dark, and Terrogate squint's his eyes trying to make out noticeable features that may give some clue as to who the warrior was, even his species but nothing is clear enough to identify the towering figure.

The Artifex of Tollere continues to walk forwards through the entrance, his senses on edge. Something tugs at his subconscious telling him to continue and not to linger too long, the feeling of being watched haunts him as he moves.

The vestibule opens up into another room, just as dark and silent as the rest of the journey into the Dark Lord's lair. As Terrogates eyes start to adjust to the dim light he sees strange shapes and objects surrounding him, he looks around 180 degrees and then upwards to the ceiling, it seems he is surrounded but in the dim light he cannot make out the shapes that surround him. His hands automatically move to his saber hilt. It's curved design is familiar in his large clawed hands and gives him a small amount of comfort as he moves further into the dark room.

His eyes lower and are startled by a wall of expressionless faces, their empty eye sockets staring back at the Cathar warriors face. A chill runs down his spine as the hollow eyes seem to look down on him, silently judging him.

“Hello there.”

The failure droid-like voice echoes through the dark and otherwise silent room. A pair of amber eyes appear and move toward the apprentice through darkness followed by a faint mechanical whirring. And then the owner of the eyes finally comes into view. ”Hail the Emperor, greetings Lord Vexx” Terrogate says as he falls to his knees and bows his head. ”My Lord, I have come to learn from you. I wish to hone my skill with the blade and the force.” the large, muscular Cathar raises his head, his gaze meeting the fiery eyes of the General, ”I wish to achieve mastery as a warrior”.

The General gestures to follow him into another room, the darkness illuminates as the Lord moves to the exit of the room not waiting for the Apprentice, Terrogate stands to his full height and follows along quickly behind the General not wanting to become lost nor show disrespect.

“I am Lord Grievance Vexx, Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor and this...” he gestures below as the room the two of you have just entered illuminates, “This is where you will learn to become a master duelist.”

The Catharian smiles a wide and toothy grin as his eyes widen at seeing the training room before him, ”I cannot wait to begin my lord” is all he says.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Room I

The Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor waits in stony silence, hands clasped behind his back, watching Karros as he meditates. He can tell this is a difficult target for the former bounty hunter to nail down and he is not without understanding of this. With so many words out there and only one to choose, one must make it count when the weight of life or death—victory or defeat—lies hinged on this word. Though his head is ringing with tinnitus—a Force-induced affliction he has grown accustomed to—Vexx is amused by the seeking currents flowing through Karros’s presence in the Force.

Different words manifest in Vexx’s consciousness as Karros sifts through his options, looking for something unique to apply to himself and, more importantly, use to shape his future. Still, the cyborg patiently waits, giving Karros the time, space, and silence to find that single word. When he at last announces his choice, Vexx listens intently. This is indeed a unique decision.

“You strive to truly be set apart,” he muses, beginning to pace out of nothing more than a casual desire to move, “You have set your standard extremely high while, at the same time, you have set it extremely low when one considers the meaning behind your chosen word. Well done, Karros. Though our values in combat have just now proven to be worlds apart, I will see to it that I teach you everything you need to learn to become...pragmatic. But it is up to you to learn, as I am sure you are aware.”

He turns away as a brief coughing fit rattles through his respirator, covering his mouth grate with his arm even though such manners really aren’t necessary with his physical condition. Once the cough has subsided, he looks back at Karros. Raising himself to his full height, he continues, “You must understand, however, that what you strive to become is not enough to maintain your focus. I can assure you, fellow Cruorite, there will come a day in combat when you will face an unseen opponent who speaks with your voice. That opponent is known as self-doubt and it is often fueled by circumstance. You must have the means to withstand the bombardment when it comes. Not if it comes; when it comes, for it will. I assure you.”

He comes close to Karros, extending his mechanical neck and lowering his head to look the human square in the eye, his faceplate mere inches from Karros’s face. “Find your fight song, Karros Zaruiel. Music is powerful, but it must be accompanied by words that mean something to you. The lyrics should serve to remind you of the goal you have already set before yourself. It should be used as fuel to propel you ever closer to the core of who you are. Lay hold of it and draw upon it as you draw upon the Force itself. When you find it, you will feel a swell of confidence like no other and you will be able to see yourself seizing victory.”

OOC- Well done, Karros. You are moving on to Lesson 2. You will receive a PM shortly with further instructions on what you must do in this lesson. ⚔️

Tag: @Karros Zaruiel

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Room III

The Krigsbefallaf is a born warrior and the presence of the Catharian brings with it a kindred spirit despite the vast species difference. Working with an up and coming warrior class Apprentice is always a pleasure to the Kaleesh whose history is carved on the battlefield.

As the Soldier of Venom traverses the unknown halls of his home, Vexx is indeed observing his every move whether through the Force or by sight. The leonine figure carries himself with guarded confidence into the abyss that has been the metal monstrosity’s place of solace and refuge for decades. Vexx is well aware of the tense reflexes that inspire Terrogate to reach for his weapons. Such readiness will undoubtedly save his life one day.

“It pleases me to have an already accomplished warrior seek to know more,” the cyborg replies to his student’s eager words, “You already know and doubtlessly have tasted the sweetness of victory and perhaps even the bitter bite of falling short despite your best efforts. Where do you wish to begin, Soldier of Venom? What questions do you have and what points about yourself are you seeking to improve? The truth will not prove fatal today. You are safe to lay any and all perceived weaknesses bare before me with my word given that my only purpose is to help you make those weaknesses a thing of the past. Not to be forgotten, mind you, for the wise heart will never forget from whence he came.”

He falls silent now and waits for Terrogate to speak. In truth, the Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor wants to know how well this aspiring Sith knows himself, for this is the beginning of improvement: knowing oneself and being transparent.

Tag: @Terrogate

IC- Sharkish’Ki
Vassek III - Training room IV

Sharkish’Ki had followed in the footsteps of many, both victorious and failures alike, as he traversed the tunnels approaching the Lord’s training complex. Rooms that appeared empty, still rang with the echoes of past clashes, and the vast, tiered room he found himself entering proved no different. Wooden beams held ancient platforms, and the carved stone walls supported braziers that burned time-forgotten fuels, the warmth from which accompanied flitting shadows that danced behind the pillars and across the tiled floors.

Sharkish’Ki stopped stopped just within the dojo at the base of several stone steps, as a deep rumble and the sound of stone grating on stone made him turn his head. His eyes observed a heavy door descend within the entrance arch, sealing the room with a dust-disturbing thud. The small cloud settled about his boots, as the apprentice took an apprehensive inward breath. He wasn’t inexperienced in such situations, however the individual he’d sought council from stirred a discomfort within him. Sharkish’Ki had observed the old friend of The General, and if truth be told, had found his creeping nature to be unsettling. Although he admired the Lord’s position and attitude, his scuttling nature made him shiver on occasion, like a boogie-man, or the myth of a fellow walking on ones grave. Lurking. Watching. Silent.

Sharkish’Ki pulled his hood down and removed his rebreather from its magnetic locks, and holding it at his side he took several steps further into the large, crypt-like temple chamber, trailing dust behind him as his cloak tumbled across broken stones and debris that had fallen from the once mosaicked ceiling. He looked about him, trying to peer into the darkness of the antechambers and up into the high masonry from where his teacher may have watched his every move from.

Remembering his first lessons, he thought it best to maintain decorum, and show his host the respect befitting his title. Pulling his cloak to one side, he stopped and knelt in one clean and practiced move, placing the rebreather in its storage dock on his belt as he did so. He bowed his head, and in a clear tone, he addressed the deceptively empty room.

Greetings, Lord Vexx. Although we have spoken in colloquial settings, it is an honour to formally introduce myself, and as an Apprentice within this great House, I would be honoured further still to receive your tutelage”.

Sharkish’Ki settled his heartbeat and closed his eyes, searching the vast room with his feelings, and awaiting his host’s response.

@Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Room IV

Sharkish’ki is a bright one, observant in his own right. Ambitious. Hungry for knowledge as well as a challenge. The Krigsbefallaf appreciates this and is pleased when he first senses the presence of the warrior from his own House touching down, his presence further affirmed by the blipping of various alarms alerting Vexx that a potential intruder is on his landing platform. A control panel on his built-in comlink allows him to deactivate his father’s archaic security system before his latest arrival can find himself unceremoniously deposited in Grog’s food bowl by way of the trap door and chute the apprentice unknowingly stands upon now.

Even without the Force, Vexx’s primal senses honed by years of war tell him his visitor is not exactly at ease in this place and so he probably shouldn’t be. After all, Vexx doesn’t exactly entertain much in his home. He typically comes here for solitude and respite from the Sith culture that still collides unfavorably with his own at times. It is a big step for the antisocial beast to allow visitors to cross his threshold with their hearts still beating.

“Welcome, Death Apprentice Sharkish’ki,” Vexx replies, though his cybernetic voice seems to have no clear source as the acoustics in the room cause it to sound like it comes from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. “Always a pleasure to aid a fellow warrior. Even better, one who hails from House Cruor.”

Suddenly, without warning, the upside down skull-like faceplate of Vexx himself is directly in front of Sharkish’ki, the decidedly unorthodox Sith Lord likely doing nothing to ease the creepy feeling the apprentice already had at the very idea of coming here. Vexx eyes him for a moment before moving his mechanical body to pick his way down the wall and stand right side up on the floor where most normal beings tend to spend their time.

“You come here seeking supplemental training, which leaves you much to choose from,” he continues, clasping his hands behind his back, “What is it that you seek? Where do you wish to begin? Is there an area in your skill that feels like it needs improvement? A weak point you wish to sharpen, perhaps? Your weaknesses will not be used against you today, so fear not. My purpose here is to move those weaknesses from reality to memory, not to exploit them and bring about humiliation. You doubtlessly trust the General, as do I. She will tell you my word is my honor and you have my word today that what I have just spoken is the truth. Depending on what you tell me, I will be able to adjust what I teach to precisely fit your needs.”

Tag: @Sharkish’Ki

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor waits in stony silence, hands clasped behind his back, watching Karros as he meditates. He can tell this is a difficult target for the former bounty hunter to nail down and he is not without understanding of this. With so many words out there and only one to choose, one must make it count when the weight of life or death—victory or defeat—lies hinged on this word. Though his head is ringing with tinnitus—a Force-induced affliction he has grown accustomed to—Vexx is amused by the seeking currents flowing through Karros’s presence in the Force.

Different words manifest in Vexx’s consciousness as Karros sifts through his options, looking for something unique to apply to himself and, more importantly, use to shape his future. Still, the cyborg patiently waits, giving Karros the time, space, and silence to find that single word. When he at last announces his choice, Vexx listens intently. This is indeed a unique decision.

“You strive to truly be set apart,” he muses, beginning to pace out of nothing more than a casual desire to move, “You have set your standard extremely high while, at the same time, you have set it extremely low when one considers the meaning behind your chosen word. Well done, Karros. Though our values in combat have just now proven to be worlds apart, I will see to it that I teach you everything you need to learn to become...pragmatic. But it is up to you to learn, as I am sure you are aware.”

He turns away as a brief coughing fit rattles through his respirator, covering his mouth grate with his arm even though such manners really aren’t necessary with his physical condition. Once the cough has subsided, he looks back at Karros. Raising himself to his full height, he continues, “You must understand, however, that what you strive to become is not enough to maintain your focus. I can assure you, fellow Cruorite, there will come a day in combat when you will face an unseen opponent who speaks with your voice. That opponent is known as self-doubt and it is often fueled by circumstance. You must have the means to withstand the bombardment when it comes. Not if it comes; when it comes, for it will. I assure you.”

He comes close to Karros, extending his mechanical neck and lowering his head to look the human square in the eye, his faceplate mere inches from Karros’s face. “Find your fight song, Karros Zaruiel. Music is powerful, but it must be accompanied by words that mean something to you. The lyrics should serve to remind you of the goal you have already set before yourself. It should be used as fuel to propel you ever closer to the core of who you are. Lay hold of it and draw upon it as you draw upon the Force itself. When you find it, you will feel a swell of confidence like no other and you will be able to see yourself seizing victory.”

OOC- Well done, Karros. You are moving on to Lesson 2. You will receive a PM shortly with further instructions on what you must do in this lesson. ⚔

Karros again turned inward. He knew well the power of music, how it could calm or embolden, sooth or motivate. He used this same knowledge in the cantina every time he selected a song for the crowd, first gauging the mood of the room before making his selection, then choosing one that fit or accentuated said mood.

Karros had a broad selection of music across many genres. A fight song. He had many that could fit that description easily. But one with lyrics? Karros' personal selection was oft times without words. For him, his thoughts and his mind as whole were formless, shapeless, like water or swirling gas. Able to take the form of whatever it wanted with ease and just as powerful when gathered in force. Songs without words functioned on a similar principle to him. But he also knew the power of words. Some of the best tactical maneuvers employed rhetoric alone. As an upholder of Xenia, did he not employ the power of words in the cantina when advising other apprentices? This criteria narrowed down the list of possible candidates considerably.

One song came floating to mind. When he listened to it, images of dominating in combat always rose to mind. When the carefully built restrains he had constructed to hold himself in burst. True, he was an assassin, a class that required precision, accuracy, a careful and mindful touch. Stealth and discretion. These things did indeed focus him. The culture of refined decorum in the Empire had reinforced these behaviors. But in combat, all the restraining bars were loosed. In duels, as soon as the opening bows and salutes were made every polite societal restriction was lifted. Now he'd fight with every means available to him. His own chosen saber form was Niman, Form VI, which combined elements from all the Forms that had preceded it into itself. Niman thrived on the creativity of its user. Meaning Karros was able to take elements from different Forms not his own and mix it with his own style.

When listening to this song Karros could see himself in his mind's eye assaulting his enemy, all restrain lost. He would leap about his foes, dodging their attacks with ease. Then with vicious energy he would would set upon them, using not just attacks with his lightsabers, but with his body and the environment as well. Head butts, grapples, leg sweeps, strikes to the face and groin. Martial arts techniques like locks, hammer fists, round house kicks and elbow strikes. Bashing them against a wall or table. Using a foe to take an attack from another as a living body shield. Taking a bottle or rock lying nearby and using telekinesis to attack from an unexpected direction. Throwing dirt or sand at them. Kicking them off ledges. He would bounce from one foe to the next quickly and without pause. Karros would fight as if unhinged. There is no decorum in a fight.

The lyrics all but screamed to him with their words. The beat drive him higher and higher with each stanza. "The hunter within loses control. Gotta let it out - gotta let it out." "Embrace the darkness that's within me. No hiding in the shadows anymore. When this wickedness consumes me, nothing can save you and there's no way out. I'm a wildfire you won't tame. Igniting my temper, can't put out my flame, there's no way to contain this storm swelling inside me." These lyrics inspired him to abandon all decorum and just go full throttle. No holding back. When his stealth is compromised and he has to confront his foes, Karros would do so without holding a mote of his fury back. To him, that was what pragmatic meant; to not be held back by polite norms and use all his resources with all his strength and energy.

Karros pulled up his datapad, drew up his choice song and presented it to Lord Vexx. "I present this as my fight song. Its name is 'Devil Trigger.'"

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Sharkish’ki is a bright one, observant in his own right. Ambitious. Hungry for knowledge as well as a challenge. The Krigsbefallaf appreciates this and is pleased when he first senses the presence of the warrior from his own House touching down, his presence further affirmed by the blipping of various alarms alerting Vexx that a potential intruder is on his landing platform. A control panel on his built-in comlink allows him to deactivate his father’s archaic security system before his latest arrival can find himself unceremoniously deposited in Grog’s food bowl by way of the trap door and chute the apprentice unknowingly stands upon now.

Even without the Force, Vexx’s primal senses honed by years of war tell him his visitor is not exactly at ease in this place and so he probably shouldn’t be. After all, Vexx doesn’t exactly entertain much in his home. He typically comes here for solitude and respite from the Sith culture that still collides unfavorably with his own at times. It is a big step for the antisocial beast to allow visitors to cross his threshold with their hearts still beating.

“Welcome, Death Apprentice Sharkish’ki,” Vexx replies, though his cybernetic voice seems to have no clear source as the acoustics in the room cause it to sound like it comes from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. “Always a pleasure to aid a fellow warrior. Even better, one who hails from House Cruor.”

Suddenly, without warning, the upside down skull-like faceplate of Vexx himself is directly in front of Sharkish’ki, the decidedly unorthodox Sith Lord likely doing nothing to ease the creepy feeling the apprentice already had at the very idea of coming here. Vexx eyes him for a moment before moving his mechanical body to pick his way down the wall and stand right side up on the floor where most normal beings tend to spend their time.

“You come here seeking supplemental training, which leaves you much to choose from,” he continues, clasping his hands behind his back, “What is it that you seek? Where do you wish to begin? Is there an area in your skill that feels like it needs improvement? A weak point you wish to sharpen, perhaps? Your weaknesses will not be used against you today, so fear not. My purpose here is to move those weaknesses from reality to memory, not to exploit them and bring about humiliation. You doubtlessly trust the General, as do I. She will tell you my word is my honor and you have my word today that what I have just spoken is the truth. Depending on what you tell me, I will be able to adjust what I teach to precisely fit your needs.”

Sharkish’Ki had remained still, with his eyes closed, searching outward with the Force in an attempt to triangulate the source of the Sith Lord’s speech. His intuition, or sense of the Force, had grown during his exposure to these powerful individuals, through his learning, and through his master’s lessons. And yet Lord Vexx remained elusive. Sharkish’Ki felt the air shift and a slight temperature drop that accompanied the Kaleesh’s movements, as his impressive frame blocked the infrared emanating from the torches.

Sharkish’Ki’s link to the Force came to an abrupt end, and upon opening his eyes, his focus met the fixating gaze of Lord Vexx’s visage. Like cats eyes, wreathed in solar flares, they stirred mixed feelings of inspiration and dread alike. He swallowed hard as with an eerie suppleness, the mechanical shell of the Sith Lord contorted into its more socially acceptable stance.

I appreciate your mercy, Lord Vexx. And to paraphrase you, I believe my weaknesses centre around duels; specifically against those with power above my own.” Sharkish’Ki watched as the Kaleesh warrior strode toward the centre of the room. He looked to be reminiscently pondering when it was the last time he’d entered the particular chamber. Sharkish’Ki continued.
As Sith, we all seek to attain the power to destroy our enemies, and as a Warrior I will always seek the knowledge and skills to hone my craft”. Sharkish’Ki’s questioning tone echoed slightly.
My first hurdle, undoubtedly, is against those strong in the Force. I’ve seen techniques... Tutaminis...” Sharkish’Ki watched Lord Vexx pace as he examined the surroundings, scrutinising the structural integrity.
I understand that this is an advanced skill, that requires time and experience. Are there alternative methods for countering Force attacks?

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The cyborg is patient as Karros dredges his mind and his database for a song to claim as his own to inspire his fighting spirit. Vexx himself has many fight songs and he draws on the inspiration from each as he needs it depending on the situation he finds himself in. He is pleased that Karros is driven to not settle, but to seek perfection to fit his technique. This shows his passion and passion is something one cannot fake. It is also something anyone who calls himself Sith or an affiliate thereof must possess in order to survive, for it is an integral part of the Sith Code itself. Additionally, it is something the Krigsbefallaf thoroughly enjoys working with and stoking when the opportunity presents itself.

As Karros finds the beat of the drum that is war, Vexx watches him expectantly, curious to see what the Death Apprentice assassin has found to fuel his courage and guts in a fight. He listens to Karros’s song choice with interest in both lyrics and percussion, for these are two elements he tends to focus on and, as he endears a piece of music to himself, he will then isolate the individual sounds of each instrument and any background vocals applied for an ensemble feel. He is an analyzer by nature as this tendency fully coincides with the strategic way his mind works. Even still, Vexx is unbiased in this lesson. While he has his own preferences, he is well aware that everyone is motivated by something different.

“You understand that there is no right or wrong presentation here, yes?” he asks, lifting his eyes from the datapad to focus on Karros, “Your mission is to find something with words that will embed itself in your heart and mind to draw upon in times when you need to see yourself fighting for victory. If this is it and you feel it in your soul, you have done well.”

He draws himself up to his full height and paces away, lapsing into thought as he mentally refers to the predetermined lessons he has structured specifically for this step-by-step training. He has little doubt that Karros will excel as the lessons progress, so long as the aspiring Sith assassin holds fast to the passion he has thus far shown to possess. Finally, after a few moments more in silence, he speaks again.

“Always keep an open mind, Karros,” he states simply, though not without the implication of a deeper meaning, “Be ever listening. You are an assassin; this should come naturally to you. You are a hunter. A hunter listens, not just for the footsteps of his prey, but the vitals as well. He feeds off the fear that becomes detectable in each quickened shallow breath his prey takes and the increase in the prey’s heart rate as it knows the hunter is present. In the same way that you listen to these different melodies and rhythms, pay attention to different songs that you hear. A core fight song is an excellent start, but you should not stop at just one. You should find others with which to create a playlist; a soundtrack for every conflict you are faced with. The nature of warfare is ever changing, like water coursing over different terrain. In this same way, you should eventually have an arsenal of songs that fuel your will to fight. This first song is merely a foundation, you understand. A drop in your well of inspiration. It is up to you how deep that well will run.”

He lets this final bit of advise hang for a few heartbeats, giving Karros time to pause and consider the importance in his words. There is nothing awkward about Vexx’s silence—not from his end anyway. He can be silent for long hours before he decides to speak again and it doesn’t bother him a bit. In this case, however, hours do not have to pass; only a few moments.

“You have done well in this lesson,” he concludes at last, “Before moving on, I only ask that you not forget it and continue to apply it for the rest of your life. There is always new music to be heard. Likewise, there is music that has been here for generations that you just haven’t seen value in yet. Keep this in mind as you process what you hear in your everyday world. If you are ready, we can move on. If you wish to linger here a bit longer with questions or curiosities, I am in no hurry.”

OOC- This concludes Lesson 2, Karros. Well done. If you feel that you have a thorough understanding on this tactic which is, in all actuality, a way to ward off Darth Writer’s Block and fuel your inspiration to write, we can proceed to Lesson 3. You may respond in character regarding your decision and I will take my cue from you.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Vexx listens intently to Sharkish’ki’s words despite giving the appearance that he may be preoccupied with the integrity of this training room that hasn’t seen much action in several years. Not even the action of a feather duster, from the looks of it. He really doesn’t care, although the dust isn’t exactly kind to his air filtration system and this is made obvious by the brief bout of coughing that seizes him momentarily.

There is the slightest look of annoyance in his eyes as Sharkish’ki expresses his grievances against those who possess more power in the Force than he does. This annoyance is not directed at Sharkish’ki, but more at a memory of his own. He remembers well his days as an aspiring Sith and the pains he had taken in dealing with Force users. It had been especially obnoxious to him as he had always been one to prefer an exchange of true skill rather than some supernatural power. Indeed, Sharkish’ki is faced with a challenge, but it is one the Kaleesh cyborg is well equipped to assist him in.

“Tutaminis is a difficult ability to master,” he muses, facing the Death Warrior now, “And it is most frustrating when you find yourself thwarted by this obnoxious technique. I was fighting Force users long before I knew—or wanted—to use the Force myself, so I truly do understand how impossible this can feel to face, much less defeat.”

He growls slightly as he allows himself to think back on his own experience. It was a long time before he ever leaned on the Force to aid him in combat; a very long time. Even today when fighting, he has a tendency to leave his Force powers untouched as much as possible, but here he stands; one who has effectively held his own in spite of odds often being heavily stacked against him.

“More than ever when one is rising through the ranks, one must lean heavily on the Art of War,” he speaks to Sharkish’Ki in a tone that can only be taken seriously, as though life and death are in the balance, “At this stage, you have knowledge which is priceless, but you lack strength. Use your knowledge to hold your ground in combat. Turn your duel into a study of your opponent. Tell me this, Sharkish’ki, when you engage your foes, are you the one to strike first? Would you say you take a more offensive or defensive stance? Mind you, there is no right or wrong answer. This is merely a direct question to help me understand your current approach to a fight.”

IC- Terrogate

The Catharian searches for a moment to grasp the Generals words. After taking a moment to look inward at his own short comings he replies in earnest “My Lord, I believe I am lacking in the overall rules of engagement when it comes to using the force. Questions like “how long does a force defence last? The appropriate nature of force strength in a match up leve1 vs level2 or 3 for example, and how to apply that to dueling.?” As well defence against Sith Sorcery. I am also not all that well versed in the many different types of force powers and the best ways to defend them, so some training in this area would be appreciated my Lord.”

Tag: @Grievance Vexx

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor is not at all surprised that this seems to be the greatest subject of interest among those seeking supplemental training. Vexx finds himself easily able to empathize with such apprentices as this had been his seemingly disadvantageous position as well, but he had learned and Terrogate too shall learn. At least the Catharian is not at the mercy of his own stubborn will. The Kaleesh war veteran is able to look back on himself now with amusement.

“The Force forever complicates things for those of us who are confident with the blade,” he replies, choosing his words carefully, “In my younger days among the Sith, I found myself constantly thwarted by the use of the Force. I have a distracting affliction, you see. One needn’t actively do anything to me with the Force to make things difficult for me; they only needed to draw upon their power. The mere culmination, though passive in itself, used to complicate my situation in battle. I have since learned to control and use what could have been detrimental to me in combat, but it was not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is.”

He closes his eyes for a moment as though reflecting on his own journey. The apprentice here with him now has no issues using the Force; he only is limited in its power because he has not yet entered the deeper currents of the Dark Side. Still, if Terrogate can learn to play his cards right, he can up his chances of survival and even victory while he is still only beginning to blossom in his power.

“Trying to get a Force defense to last longer is a wise thing to exercise,” he continues, “However I would not stake life or limb on it lasting long. An old saying states that the best defense is a good offense. A moving target is far harder to hit than a stationary one. You should always plan your moves whenever possible, but do not stop with just your moves. Get into the practice of trying to anticipate the moves of your opponent. Even when you are still, your mind should be moving all around the arena, seeing the battle through the eyes of your foe. You have proven you are familiar with the Art of War; know your enemy as you know yourself. This will not fail you. In the case of Force defense, my most direct advice is this: initiate your defense. By all means, use it and use it often so you become comfortable with it. Know how long it can sustain you and move to an alternate plan before it expires. You cannot go wrong planning ahead on the battlefield, but you must know and plan for every possible scenario. Does this make sense to you? Do you think you can achieve this?”

Tag: @Terrogate

IC- Terrogate

“The Catharian apprentice listens carefully to the Generals advice on the topic of Force powers with great concentration. The Kaleesh was overall typically hard to read, but Terrogate thinks he sees the Generals Amber eyes almost haze over for the briefest of seconds as if his memory was thrown backwards into a long almost forgotten past, impressively without even breaking stride in his lesson. The young warrior was surprised to hear that a seasoned and highly decorated veteran like the General was also, once upon a time struggling with these same issues and had overcome them. Terrogate smiles on the inside, this gives him hope that perhaps he too could one day be as Masterful, and also the confirmation that putting his name down for this training was defiantly the right thing to do to help him achieve his goals.

Terrogate absorbs Lord Vexx’s information like a thirsty sponge absorbing water, his knowledge and shared experience filling the Catharians need. Much of what was said in the lesson Terrogate had also already been trying to implement to his own approach in battle which was comforting to know he was on the right track, but there was chunks of new knowledge also. Pieces of key information that slotted right into place for him, like missing pieces of a jigsaw puzzle finally being placed to complete a picture previously unidentifiable, but now the picture was becoming clear. And a beautiful sight it was, of the victories to come.

The one piece of advice that stood out the most was learning to see the battle from this opponents eyes to anticipate there moves, “know your enemy as you know yourself” it was truth that to date this was not knowingly at the forefront of the Catharians mind as he approached situations, despite his ability to deceive and misdirect opposition it was mainly used to trap opponents. Terrogate saw great value in this advice, and a tactic he would hope to perfect moving forward. "Even when you are still, your mind should be moving all around the arena, seeing the battle through the eyes of your foe."

“I think so my lord.” The muscular Catharian replies, “I believe what you are saying is that I should use Force defense as a prop to support my attacks. Rather than to just shield myself from my opponents”. The Catharian thinks about application.. “For example, using a force defence to allow me to attack unhindered without the worry of a stray blade or hit finding its mark disrupting my effectiveness. Or pulling up a mind shield to protect myself as I gather the force for my own assault to ward off a stray mind trick disrupting my focus should the opponent be strong in telepathic powers.” Again, the Catharian takes his time to think before responding, “And that the best defence is the ability to understand, read and predict what an opponent may do and find a solution to restrict their move while at the same time not giving away any advantage I may have.. I believe I can achieve this my Lord.”

Tag: @ Lord Grievance Vexx

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom