Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Star Wars Judgment Day: Part III of the Prelude to Requiem

IC: Empress Hesper, Dark Lady Makaria, and King Avery of Onderon
Combo with @Dark Lady Makaria and @skira
Through the portal

The brilliant white ring of Imperatrix Hesper’s tear in reality resolved to show a familiar-to-her, verdant scene: Bosthirda, deep green and breathing with the dark aura of a nexus. Hesper was the first to step through, the hem of her sequined gown pulling on the lip of the portal. She inhaled the florid, botanical, familiar scent of her throneworld, the cool humidity washing her of the hot anger she felt.

They would step onto the upper landing of the grand stairs which led to the Hesperian Sanctum, bright green moss underfoot. Within the open-air throneroom and sanctuary before them, veiled priestesses wearing the Bosthirdan sect black turned to stare, awed by the immaculate arrival of their High Priestess. All sank to their knees, murmuring prayers of praise as Hesper fully emerged. Behind her, Makaria and Avery could follow, granted entry into the fabled and reclusive Sanctum of the Veil.

Makaria paused before leaving, her anger faded as Kain seemed to almost… deflate, his righteous fury popped like a balloon. She took his arm, patting it like he was a cousin who had said something foolish at a formal dinner. “Good to admit it,” she said placidly, like she hadn’t been screaming ten seconds ago. “When the Empress has calmed and things are… easier, I will contact you, and there can be a dinner which I will host,” she gave him a significant look, “and we can talk things over calmly, like civilized beings.”

Smiling, she patted his arm again and let go, hands in her skirts as she followed the Imperatrix through her portal into Bosthirda, the iron-tinged air of the moldering Hawkbat replaced with the green life of the Sanctum. The air filled with the susurrations of the priestesses in hymns of glory to the Empress emergent.

Avery had paused too, though, not initially for the purpose of speaking with Lord Kain. As they carried Myn towards the portal, he startled awake, as if his head hadn’t been split open only a little bit before. The young man began to panic, whispering in his home’s ancient language as life came back to him. He spoke too quickly for anyone to make sense of what he was saying, though the King could pick a few words. Cursed, damned.

“None of that,” Avery hushed, whispering back to him in Onderonian as he grabbed for his arm. “None of that. You’re fine. You just hit your head, it was all a dream.”

The other beast riders with him whispered to him echoing what Avery had, all of them trying their best to calm him. It worked, albeit temporarily, and Myn was able to relax as they carried him, stopping in front of the portal.

The Onderonian King looked back over his shoulder at the Beloved King, contemplating his next move and the repercussions that would follow. Was it worth it? Should he go with Kain and Voidwalker and the rest of them? The line had been drawn in the sand, and it was no longer an option to simply stand in the middle and wait for it to be over.

“She almost died,” He started, his emotions getting the better of his judgment as he spoke out to him.

“She almost died for this. For you. For what you believe will come. She almost died, and there aren’t cults of people across the galaxy standing by to bring her back. For whatever it’s worth, King of the Stars.”

But before he could step completely through, Lord Voxyn spoke. And unlike before, he did not allow himself to pause and contemplate his next move.

“I choose to side with the person who did not almost kill the Queen of Onderon, a Triumvir of the Sith Order. Just something to think about.” He spat out, his accent thick as he made a point to emphasize his words to the Sith surrounding him.

Once they were through the portal, the pack of Onderonians slowly dropped to their knees, lowering Myn on the ground.

“We’ve got to get you up, boy. I’m too old to be carrying you around the rest of the day, and we need to go get our Queen.”

Stepping to the side to give the Onderonians space, Hesper absently rubbed her temple, as she'd become aware of an acute migraine forming… a par reaction to that heinous summit. She pulled off her vined crown, hoping it would help relieve the pain, and ran her fingers through her hair. "King Avery, Lady Makaria," she said, voice exhausted, "let's have a word." She gestured into the sanctuary.

Avery looked to Derrik, muttering “Keep him conscious,” in Onderonian, and then standing. He smiled graciously at the Empress, and began walking into the Sanctuary.

Makaria changed course without a word, falling into place at Hesper’s shoulder. She had no talent for healing, nor were any of her usual tinctures the kind to give relief, but she hoped her quiet support could bolster the Empress after this… debacle.

Hesper led them into the sanctuary, past her bronzium cathedra, to the very back of the sacristy. There, she turned to face them. First, she muttered, once again rubbing her temple: "That was an utter nightmare," then, to Avery: "I know where Lady Makaria stands, but I need to know what you feel about Kain. I will speak to your wife about this another time."

Avery paused for a moment, contemplating his next words before they’d been given the chance to spill from his lips. Did he really want to speak of what his wife had gone through? Was it his story to tell?

“I almost lost her, because she assisted him in a spell. Her, and my son. He’s reckless… careless. Neither are good qualities to have,” He paused again, as if a thought had suddenly occurred to him.

“Speaking of, where was it that you sent her to?”

“She what?” Makaria asked Avery, alarmed. She hadn’t heard anything about this. “Is she alright? Shouldn’t she be resting? Do you need me to invite the children over?” Her head swung to look at the Imperatrix.

“I’ll let her tell you about it when we get her," Avery said.

Something constricted in Hesper's chest. "I haven't sent her anywhere," she said, her hand tightening around her crown. "I expected she would continue to rest, after…" she trailed off, leaving it unspoken.

“A trap,” Makaria breathed, thinking through the possibilities and implications.

"No doubt the work of this shadowed threat," Hesper posited, her anger rising again. "Kain isn't wrong that there is something evil on the horizon. It's just that his methods are wrong."

“You haven’t?” Avery questioned, a pit growing in the back of his throat. He grabbed for his com, turning it on quickly. It was a trap, and she’d been sent into the damned Hragscythe’s den.

“Sol?” He spoke into it, trying to get a message to her, or to their starship.

Hesper's eyes instinctively closed, eyelids fluttering as if in a brief but deep sleep. Prescience. Her consciousness cast outward, aided by the Force, and an image of Kolasi shimmered into her mind's eye:

Lady Kolasi’s mouth turned into a slight grimace at the thought of going alone with Eschaton anywhere, let alone to the place she had seen in her vision. But her mind was quickly overcome with a new one, one much louder and clear. Not a vision, a memory. One that wasn’t her own, but the droid her hand had touched just a moment prior.

Poor droid. Foolish girl.

“I care not for your recommendations, Sergeant,” She said under her breath, stepping away from the droid and past Eschaton, motioning for him to follow.

“The cargo hold. Then we
leave.”

“…She’s not responding, I’m sending a message to our starship. She would have logged where she went,” Avery had continued speaking throughout Hesper’s vision, though she only would have heard the tail end of it.

“We’ll get her back,” Makaria said firmly, jaw set.

"She's on a ship I don't recognize," Hesper all but gasped, coming out of her vision. "She is with Dark Lord Xarxes' attaché, Darth Eschaton, and others. They're going to a cargo hold. Something is wrong." The pain in her skull twisted and writhed, but she immediately tugged on the bond she shared with her Triumvir and chiefest Hesperian, Drakul Xarxes, imploring him without words to contact her. Perhaps he would know about wherever it was Kolasi and Eschaton were.

How much further would things unravel?

TAG:
@Darth Kain, @Darth Voxyn

Hesper's powers used:

Farsight - 5
Force Bond - 5

GM's NOTE: Hesper's Farsight rolls 5 + 24 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 16 + 7 allows her to see Kolasi's current situation clearly.

IC: Darth Mavros
The Tsushima

Good grief, if we hang around here any longer we might as well sign the bloody crew manifest. Able Seamen Vrek, Kira, Jhenan’doka and…other reporting for duty!

Mavros did not respond to the sergeant's uninvited input. The man ought to have known his place. But still…killing him was pointless. He was still useful, after all. Mavros paced back and forth a few paces, visibly impatient. Eschaton now spoke, for what felt like the first time in an age.

“Darth Kolasi, I suggest we make for the ship's center and find a full cargo manifest and maintenance log. The presence on this ship could be the result of some untreated bio-weapon storage, or else some form of sabotage. I do not see why we need to waste time with this droid."

Ah, yes, let’s continue with the merry old completely blind jaunt through the ghost ship filled with unspeakable evil and leave behind the only kriffing lead we have. And I doubt Lord Xarxes has let you borrow that 'All seeing eye' he's always harking on about.

Mavros was now contemplating if Eschaton or Vaer was the less intelligent one. Zareel moved closer to him. Perhaps she had realised he was the only other sith on this ship still using their brain.

“If it's genuinely some type of bio-weapon, won't it be safer to get more information first, instead of going directly to the source of the potential infection?” she said, and Mavros nodded.

“Lord Eschaton, we don’t have a map of this ship’s layout, and we don’t know what state it could be in. We would be stumbling around blind if we continued on towards the center, and the cargo manifest and maintenance logs will likely be restricted access. Going for the captain is the best bet. Even if he is in no state to answer questions, he’ll likely have kept a captain’s log, which could give us some insight. I say we take the route with a higher chance of success.” Mavros explained, glancing over at the still silent Lady Kolasi.

Kolasi suddenly swept around, motioning for Eschaton to follow her towards the cargo hold.

“Right. Zareel, you’re with me. Let’s go pay the captain a visit. And droid, come with us, the captain may respond better to a familiar face.” Mavros ordered, waving for one of the squads of troopers to follow them towards the captain’s cabin. He was assuming that as Kolasi had only signalled for Eschaton to follow her that she was giving himself and Zareel leave to go to the captain.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Zareel Jhenan´doka

GM UPDATE PT. 2

IC: Eva, Darth Catalyst, Darth Nathemus, and Darth Volacius (Convoluted Combo w/ @Catalyst, @Darth Nathemus, and @Volacius)
The Caves, Verdanth

The inky blackness of the tunnel was all-encompassing, choking out any light and possibility of vision in its depths. What else had Catalyst expected? Carefully maintained sconces alight with perpetual flame? That sounded like something straight from a fantastical holo. Nonetheless, he wouldn't have minded some visual cues for the trek.

His mind wandered to the strange cloud of thoughts interspersed with his own. Nathemus was focused on the mission ahead of them. It relieved Catalyst somewhat that he had Nathemus watching his back. There were few he trusted and even fewer he felt would be competent enough to actually provide a meaningful defense to anything that could overpower him, but he counted Nathemus among those few.

Volacius, however, was content to fixate his thoughts on a long-lost love of his. Catalyst rolled his eyes. Time and place, Volacius. Your girlfriend can wait. He could tell that the thought was meant to be private, but didn't spare Volacius the lashing regardless. They had more pressing matters to focus on.

Catalyst closed his eyes, his vision not making a difference in these caves. Rather than let his eyes distract him, he opened himself to the Force to guide the way. Deeper they trudged, the cave twisting and turning around them. It felt as if the very fabric of the Force was twisting as well. His eyes shot open at the sensation. There, in the distance, glowed a verdant green torch. He silently cursed at himself before extending his thoughts and senses to the group behind him. Are you all seeing this?

The vision of Eva's future was a jarring one, as they all were in this time. Wait. Time? No, time no longer had much meaning the further they went into the cave. At least the vision didn't culminate in the deaths of all four of them, so it was a step up from last time, Nathemus thought. As they delved deeper into the dark nothingness, it was as if reality itself was crumbling around them.

A dark cave was one thing. They'd all been in numerous caves, but this was nothing but unnatural. It was as if light itself was afraid of treading here. He wouldn't have blamed it if it was. This was all entirely strange. Had this been a solo mission, he probably would have turned back and cut his losses after the first vision. But thankfully, he was among those he trusted. Catalyst especially. Though they'd had many disagreements and fights throughout the years, all of that was in the past, and their connection now was one of the utmost mutual trust.

Off in the distance, Catalyst noticed a glowing green torch, the only light amongst the utter blackness. "I can see it, though I don't like the omen."

"Neither do I,"
Eva spoke, agreeing with Nathemus' sentiment. She'd seen far too many of those emerald flames in her young life and could've gone the rest of it without seeing another.

"Perhaps you could snuff it out?" she whispered to him. "The less they see of us, the better."

"I agree, they needn't see us."
She was right in saying this, but perhaps she was missing the big picture. She didn't see what happened on the Harbinger. The True Sith already knew they were present. The Force itself foresaw it. "But they know we're here already. And I dare not try to manipulate foreign malevolent green fire. The same green flame is used in the reanimation of Korriban zombies. The very armies of the True Sith. Remember, Eva, reality is not as it seems. We must tread carefully."

Volacius’ head shook as the future images struck his mind’s eye. They were pictures, clear in detail but not in their significance. I’ve seen a vision of what is soon to pass, Volacius relayed telepathically, We will soon come across blood on the cave floor, then a pond where several corpses lie. I know not who’s blood, nor who’s bodies. I did not see any sign of our enemy, or the sight of any of us fighting.

Catalyst’s mental scolding sent Volacius’ nose and brow scrunching into an awful scowl. This was exactly why he hadn’t wanted to partake in this infernal Force Bond. Of the incredibly few individuals he would have welcomed into his thoughts, Catalyst certainly wasn’t one of them, and the fact that the Lord of Linguistics had the gall to pester Volacius on his own private thoughts was made all the more infuriating by the smug expression Volacius didn’t doubt Catalyst was wearing. Stay out of my mind, Catalyst, Volacius snarled mentally, or I’ll splatter yours across the cave walls. With that, Volacius redoubled his efforts to keep his thoughts hidden, suddenly aware that if Catalyst could read them, Nephthys might well be able to as well.

The void-like darkness of the cavern itself, unnaturally all-encompassing as it felt, did not frighten Volacius as the group descended. But as he made each careful footfall, trudging meter-by-meter further into the lair of his sworn enemy, Volacius kept his eyes wide and darting. Never had he encountered the True Sith without their relentless undead warriors, and Volacius’ eye had already begun to twitch with dread at the mere thought of them. Simple undead, he could handle. He’d slaughtered them in droves on Nysis, and even cleared a room full of them in Darth Quetzu’s ruined temple when Volacius had been a mere Acolyte. The zombified soldiers of the True Sith, however, were nothing to trifle with, as evidenced by the ugly scars that to this day fouled his harsh chin. They’d seemed invulnerable at times, and for Volacius, unkillable undead was perhaps one of the only things that could truly rack him with raw, irrational fear. His grip on his ancient sword tightened.

The smallest of snorts escaped Catalyst's nostril as Volacius lashed out at him. The Mirialan hadn't gotten any less defensive, and Catalyst knew he was going to enjoy pushing Volacius's buttons long after this mission was complete. But until then, they had bigger problems to worry about.

Nathemus was right to be uneasy about the emerald torchlight ahead. While Catalyst wasn't sure it portended a bad omen, the green glow still brought back haunting memories of the True Sith war. It was definitely a signal that they were in the right place. Catalyst grimaced. He didn't like it either. As was his place as the designated scout though, he was behooved to take a closer look.

A smirk drew across his lips. Just because he had to go nearer didn't mean he had to do it himself. He closed his eyes, concentrating his power into summoning a doppelganger that he could send towards the light in his place.

Catalyst and Volacius bent the Force to their will in the subtlest of ways. Communicating telepathically, creating doppelgangers to carry out more risky tasks. But as they stepped past the emerald torch, they would come to realize that something else had happened entirely. Whatever muscles, in their bodies or in their minds, had been flexed during their uses of power seemed to provide a much different response.

Picsart_23-08-08_21-59-26-492.jpg

Light suddenly hit their eyes, light far too bright to be from even the most powerful of torches. The ground beneath their feet was the same, but what rested above their heads was not. Sunlight poured upon them like liquid fire, its glow warm and even oppressingly hot. There were no trees to obscure them from the sun’s powerful gaze, but at least they could see where they were going now.

The emerald torch was no longer there on the wall. There was no wall of stone at all. And strangest of all, there was sand. It was everywhere. Course, rough, irritating. But no grass. Only sand and rocky floors, and an oppressive sun that seemed to give no quarter.

Until a great shadow passed over them.

Their eyes would find a terrifying machine hovering in the cloudless sky. This desert was subject to the whims of something greater. It was a feeling that wormed into their skulls like a parasite, uncaring for whatever information it replaced in their mortal minds. Students of ancient history would recognize the make of such a device, the one that began its preparations. The Rakata were known for terraforming planets across the galaxy. And it seemed that this was one of them.

The Force warped and twisted as Catalyst harnessed its power. He opened his eyes, expecting to see an identical simulacrum staring back at him. Instead, his eyes were assaulted by sunlight and sand. Instead of the cave, he found himself looking out across a vast desert. Nothingness as far as the eye could see.

Well, nothing except the machine that hung in the sky.

Catalyst stared up at the monstrous construction, blinking slowly. No, he thought to himself, this can't be real. They had been subject to illusions and mind tricks before. Catalyst chose to believe this was just another of those occasions until proven otherwise. He took a deep breath and continued stepping down the stone path, his hand gripping his saber hilt tightly.

The transition from void-like cave and dim torchlight to loathsome desert lit by a heavy, uncaring sun was instant, startling Volacius to the point of drawing his sword. His head darted around across his range of motion, expecting nothing less than an undead ambush. Yet, as Volacius realized his attempt to reinforce his Mental Shield had failed, the dunes stood eerily empty, until an enormous machine blanketed the entire area around him and Catalyst in ominous shadows. Volacius didn’t recognize the machine itself, though as he examined it he noticed similarities between it and the crashed starship he’d encountered on Korriban during his search for Acolyte Kento.

We found a Rakatan thrall in that wreck, Volacius remembered. Perhaps this thing is of Rakatan design as well? Irrelevant. Volacius brushed his musings aside. If it was approaching them, then they needed to be ready if it turned out to be hostile. Even if it was just an illusion, it would still serve them best to remain alert. Volacius held his sword in a ready position at his side, and with his other hand attempted to summon flames above his palm.

Just as suddenly as Catalyst and Volacius found themselves in this unfamiliar desert, their perceptions began to warp once again. Their eyes found themselves once again in the darkness, past the emerald torch and further ahead than the moment they were previously. Nathemus and Eva would notice the change in an instant, as Catalyst and Volacius shifted positions in the blink of an eye. It was as if they had teleported forward, though only by enough steps for them to notice.

"What was that?" she asked.

Just as soon as it appeared, the desert reverted back to the darkness of the cavern. Catalyst blinked quickly, his eyes readjusting to the lack of light. "I'm not sure," he responded to Eva's query slowly as he watched her form become more clear. "The Force, when we tried to harness it we were taken to a desert." He thought about the large structure floating in the sky. It wasn't of a construction he recognized, but it made him uneasy all the same. There was no way he could explain it to them with words alone. "The bond," he realized as he tried to come up with a better way to describe what happened. "Could you not see it through my eyes?"

“No,”
said Eva. “Not as it was happening. I can… I can sense your memory of this desert, though. Of the thing in the sky.” She stepped past the green torch, no longer caring about its presence. “All I could see here was you… skipping forward, like you’d been teleported a few steps ahead. You said this happened when you tried using the Force?”

"That's the only thing I can think of that caused this,"
Catalyst pondered. "Stepping past the torch on its own caused no such projections. I distinctly remember trying to summon a doppelganger and instead of that, I was greeted to the sight of the desert." He turned to Nathemus, trusting the large man's scholarly pursuits to have an answer. "Does this phenomenon match any of your studies of the True Sith?"

"Interesting," Nathemus said when he saw Catalyst and Volacius blink forward. They wouldn't have done that themselves. A teleport that small would be worthless, but then he remembered his first sense of Nephthys. Everything here was out of phase. Out of time. Out of reality. This was an island, essentially.

When Catalyst proceeded to explain what happened, he asked a perplexing question, but one that the Sedriss was indeed prepared to answer. "This is not the only time I've heard of this, though it's not exclusive to the True Sith. Remember, they serve greater Masters. In our history, a superweapon known as the Darkstaff could manipulate space-time. The Celestials known as the Ones did so as well during the Clone Wars. I believe what is happening here is similar to both of these. We must tread carefully, and let's refrain from calling upon the Force until we figure out how this works."

The jump back to the cave had been just as sudden as its departure, and Volacius’ skin crawled as he listened to Nathemus describe a time-altering superweapon. Time travel had never sat well with him, especially since his crossovers to the World Between Worlds. There was no telling the sort of chaos that could be wrought by using such a power.

“So, the desert wasn’t an illusion, then?” Volacius pondered aloud. “Did Catalyst and I travel through time to an era where this planet was nothing but dunes? Nathemus, this Darkstaff, was it of Rakatan origin? What did it look like? From my brief examination of it, the machine I saw in the desert had design elements reminiscent of a crashed Rakatan ship I discovered years ago.”

Time and space were strange concepts. Every single millennium, scholars and scientists learned new facts about the fundamental forces of the universe. It could only get crazier. "I would bet that it wasn't an illusion, and that you indeed briefly traveled back in time and returned a few moments later than you should have."

Nathemus went on to continue. "The Darkstaff was sentient and stated to be of Sith origin, and no one really knows how old it was. It could have been created by the True Sith during the time the Rakata served them, but it could have been created shortly after the Hundred-Year Darkness. It was no larger than my Axe here, but according to the images in tomes I've read of it, it had a ball of dark energy at its apex. It's appalling to think about. A weapon no bigger than your sword could send an entire star system decades into the future. I am sure that similar phenomena are at play here, and we must be very, very careful. If our own timelines are messed up by even a second, the universe may leave behind time remnants, or timeshadows as they're called in this reality. Versions of us from a timeline that should have existed."

Volacius’ free hand balled into an anxious fist as Nathemus explained what he knew of the Darkstaff. “If that weapon is indeed in play here, then we must destroy it.”

Catalyst grimaced as Nathemus and Volacius devolved into discussing the details of the desert they had seen. "It doesn't matter," he interjected, his patience already thin. "My concern is how are we supposed to capture a being that time itself has no hold on? Especially while the Force eludes our grasp." He sighed, racking his mind for ideas. "I doubt we'd be able to cut Nephthys off from the Force in this state. And there's no telling what will happen if we try to attack her physically. For all we know, she could strand the four of us in various time periods and pick us off one by one while we are separated." Catalyst rubbed his still-readjusting eyes in exasperation. "I hate to say it Volacius, but now I wish your orbital bombardment had worked."

Eva's certainty wavered, her inclination to steer clear of the subject evident. A debate over the merits and drawbacks of annihilating an entire ecosystem wasn't what she aimed for. “I don’t know much about the Rakata,” she said, “not much beyond what I learned secondhand from Revan’s stories. But they terraformed different worlds, right? They made Tatooine what it is, and Kashyyyk what it is.” She still had fond memories of the Wookiee planet, from her trips there alongside her mother and father. The Wookiees were a kind and familial bunch for the most part, their hearts matching their massive size. “If you saw this world as a desert, and it’s all jungle now…”

Yet, before she could piece together further fragments, the group rounded a bend in the cave, guided by Catalyst's lead. In the heart of this natural corridor's gloominess lay another of those unnatural torches, its flames casting an eerie green hue. Could these torches be linked to the time-altering phenomenon? The thought slipped through her mind in sync with a rumbling sensation underfoot. The passageway grew progressively narrower, hemming them in. Among the group, Nathemus was the most challenged by the constriction, his ample proportions necessitating repeated squeezing that scraped the skin on his chest raw with throbbing discomfort. Evidently, though, he paid it little heed.

Soon, the corridor opened up into a more spacious cave that descended gently. However, at the foot of the slope lay an obstacle.

Their path was obstructed—a cave-in, strewn with boulders both massive and minute. The urge to manipulate the stones using telekinesis was tempting, but Eva knew better. Kain had once told her about a collapsed cave he’d been stuck in as a child, and how moving the stones only made more of the ceiling collapse.

“What do we do?” she asked, voice laden with uncertainty.

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Darth Nathemus, @Volacius

IC: Helvara

Sith Temple, Pyxis

HealedHelvara.jpgThe apprentices, the last of the survivors of this attack, traveled through the winding, dark tunnels of their escape route. Stairs at even intervals carried them steadily higher and higher through the walls, and further and further toward the peak of the mountain. The air smelled of smeared blood and dust, though they wouldn’t see either in such darkness. The only reason they were able to move so swiftly at all was their naturally attuned senses within the Force, preventing them from slipping and cracking their heads on the steps like buffoons.

But they soon found light at the end of the tunnel, and it was there they found the escape hangar. The undead had been here, as evidenced by the corpses that lay strewn around the floor, but none walked. Whatever reflective surfaces that had been here were smattered with blood, a crude but effective method of halting the unending approach of the zombies.

All that stood here were the other few remaining survivors of this assault that hadn’t already been evacuated. Most were teenage apprentices, as no doubt the younglings and actual adult members of rank all fled first. One of the Masters had stayed behind, however, to aid in the escape of the final few. She was a woman with blonde hair and a shadowy disposition, and it looked like she hadn’t slept in days.

“More survivors,” said Helvara. “Are there any more with you? This,” she pointed to the lone cruiser left, “is your last ticket out of here.”

TAGS: @Sharkish’Ki, @Mardinga, @Mihi Gaudens

IC: Sergeant Luceno

Enroute to the Cargo Hold, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-08-08_22-06-13-136.jpg

Well kark me, then.

The sergeant did not take kindly to the short-handed dismissal he received from his superiors, but he didn’t show it, either. He’d grown used to it; these Sith thought anyone not swimming in Force power to be lesser, and that wouldn’t change no matter how many faithful years of service he’d given them. Thankfully, the Sith Order didn’t pay people in praise. If they had, they’d owe him a few decades of back pay.

The team, once united, now fragmented further under the guidance of their Sith leaders. Lady Kolasi signaled for Lord Eschaton and a squad to follow her path, while Lord Mavros took charge of Knight Zareel and the remaining soldiers. He held no fondness for dividing their forces, but he had steered through worse predicaments in his service.

He decided to stick with Lady Kolasi’s side, ordering his squad to his side and giving command of Squad Two to the younger Corporal Rax. He thought was capable of command, and this would be his chance to prove it.

The group maintained a disciplined formation, shadowing Lady Kolasi in her pursuit of visions. The ship's structure groaned and shifted, creating an unsettling ambiance akin to a sentient being. Despite his seasoned nature, a chill coursed down his spine, a gut feeling of scrutiny from the shadows. Yet, this wasn't the surveillance of mere creatures. It was the craftiness of intelligence, an unsettling sense he couldn't rationalize. The inexplicable sensation gnawed at his mind.

They quickly arrived at the elevator that would take them to the cargo hold. But there was one significant issue: there was no elevator. The doors were forced open, mangled by something perhaps only hours ago. Peeking one’s head into the shaft would see that the elevator was sitting at the bottom of the shaft, its repulsor lifts smashed and torn apart. It wasn’t going to be rising any time soon to get them down there. No, they’d have to traverse down the elevator shaft.

“We have rappelling gear for the men, my Lady,” the sergeant said to Kolasi. “We will be right behind you.”

Kolasi and Eschaton shared an unspoken connection, sensing the impending peril that awaited them below. The aroma of fury, a tinge of malice. Raw and implacable.

TAGS: @skira, @Darth Drakul Xarxes, @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: LE-14

Enroute to the Captain’s Quarters, The Tsushima

This maintenance droid was nothing if not agreeable. When this man--whoever he was--told her to follow them, she did not hesitate to obey. There was a certain note of fear in her programming, as there was little doubt that this ship was full of monsters that would love to scrap her. But that would be a fitting end to her story, to go down with the ship she’d served.

A squad of troopers tailed them, the stilted gait of LE's legs barely maintaining pace with the stride of Mavros and Zareel. But she was eager to give them the directions they needed to make it to the captain’s quarters, which took them further toward the opposite end of the ship. They passed Kolasi’s team, breaking at a splitting hallway. The others advanced towards the lift, the sole route descending to the cargo hold, while their trajectory persisted forward to the captain's abode on the current floor.

The heart of the Tsushima yielded an escalating state of desolation. Bloodstains marred the bulkheads. Entire passageways languished in darkness, their luminaries disheveled and defunct. The path they trod was littered with shattered, distorted cadavers. LE struggled to discern their identities amidst the gruesome devastation. The carnage had rendered them unrecognizable, reduced to mere pulp and bone fragments.

They came to an atrium leading to the captain’s quarters, which was not far. But they were not alone.

Vicious monstrosities burst forth from the vents, charging ferociously at the vanguard of Sith leadership, their intent to rend them asunder. Simultaneously, a sinister presence emanated from the same vents, manifesting as a congregation of severed heads—faces that LE identified as those of engineers who toiled in the lower decks. Fleshy tendrils sprouted from the remnants of their necks, enabling them to glide along the ceiling. A barrage of corrosive projectiles spewed forth, targeting both the droid and stormtroopers with acidic onslaught.

TAGS: @Cardun Vrek, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars (Brief Combo w/ @Voidwalker)

The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

“Good to admit it,” Makaria had said. “When the Empress has calmed and things are… easier, I will contact you, and there can be a dinner which I will host, and we can talk things over calmly, like civilized beings.”

“I hope you’re right,”
he told her.

Then King Avery called out to him. “She almost died.” His voice was filled to the brim with emotion. Kain suspected that was a common thing with him these days. “She almost died for this. For you. For what you believe will come. She almost died, and there aren’t cults of people across the galaxy standing by to bring her back. For whatever it’s worth, King of the Stars.

“You’re right,”
Kain said to him before he stepped through that glistening portal of white and green, “she doesn’t have a cult at the ready to bring her back.” The Beloved King nodded toward the panicking man, the one they called Myn. “She has me.”

He offered the departing no further glances as he turned back to the Jedi Grandmaster, who had just heard the silent message of Cal Vastrom with crystal clarity. “I’m not sure death is much of a rest,” he said. “But it is good that the Jedi do not find discomfort in it. There will be plenty in the coming years.”

Stepping away with a respectful nod, he approached his Cursed Champion, who was accompanied by Lord Voxyn. Kain had seen Voxyn last on Denova, one of the Sith sent to kill his children. The urge to tear out this mad scientist’s throat lingered on the fringe of his subconscious, but it was submerged beneath the clarity granted to him by the Architects. This was more important than such things, if there ever could be a thing more important.

“Voidwalker,” Kain said, “it looks like you’ve gathered a following.” And he certainly had. The pair of guards that he and Durron had saved had no issues coming along since their meal ticket was dead anyway. The noblewoman, Theora Caezara, was still struggling to piece together what had happened and was eager to receive answers. The only one that had not responded to Voidwalker’s offer at all was Huskac, who seemed frozen still after his little encounter with the aforementioned Caezara. “I will create a Phantom to escort them to Hastur safely along with the Jedi. Something has come up and I need you and Voxyn for something else.”

Voidwalker nodded. "Very well, Beloved King. Just give me the details and we'll get moving right away."

“I hired a smuggler that came recommended through some old friends,”
his mind flashed with the images of Zo and K’win, the women that helped him save Brooke years ago, “He and his crew were meant to transport special cargo of mine to a more secure facility off of Hastur. But I have received a vision that tells me I should not have trusted him. He’s stolen the cargo, and I need you to take it back.”

Kain’s eye glided over to Huskac. “They could use your help, if you’re done staring at the wall.”

TAG:
@Voidwalker, @Darth Nathemus, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Voxyn, @Helkosh

OOC: Cal’s use of Telepathy rolls a 5 + 18 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 17 allows his message to be heard very clearly by Grandmaster Durron.

For this turn, I would recommend comboing among the two groups (the Jedi--Cal and Kei--and the others--Kain, Voidwalker, Voxyn, and Huskac) so we can get the rest of the necessary conversations done before beginning the action in the next update.

IC: Hesperian Guard

Hesperian Sanctum, Bosthirda

Picsart_23-08-08_22-16-11-160.jpg

Word would quickly come back to King Avery after his inquisition into his wife’s whereabouts. She had indeed logged her destination, which was within the Gananth system. Her ship, among many others, was loitering there at the command of Empress Hesper--a failsafe in case the summit at the Howling Hawkbat was attacked by an orbital threat, as the feast on Korriban had been over a decade ago. But she had departed the ship recently, since further word from the Empress’ command codes told them to investigate a rogue ship that had drifted into the formation of their fleet. There had been no word from her since.

Meanwhile, the Empress’ tug of the string connecting her and the enigmatic Darth Drakul Xarxes worked flawlessly. He would feel the urgent need to contact her immediately, a feeling of intense neuroticism that he would immediately know to be from an outside source.

One of the remaining guardsmen that had accompanied Hesper’s entourage through the portal noticed a device on his hip blinking, the same device that blinked on the hip of her other surviving guard. He detached it from his belt, clicking a button and broadcasting a small, flickering image of a man clutching the side of his neck. He wore Sith robes, and upon further inspection, it would appear to be one of the teachers at the temple on Pyxis. Damian Kento.

“Thank the Force somebody answered.” The Sith Master coughed into his sleeve, blood staining it now. “We have been attacked. The temple… it’s been overrun with the undead. It’s just like Korriban but… the dead are coming out of the reflections. Mirrors… shiny floors… and they won’t stop.” He gagged, his reflex no doubt inflamed by all the coughing of blood. “I was able to save some of the apprentices. But we lost at least half of our number. I think… I think I’m the only one that stayed behind.”

TAGS: @corinthia, @skira, @Dark Lady Makaria, @Darth Drakul Xarxes

OOC: Hesper’s use of her Force Bond rolls 16 + 24 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 22 + 9 allows her to nudge Xarxes to contact her with utmost clarity.

Mihi couldn't even fathom how she must have gotten this far. Probably on the reliable Mardinga's coattails as she felt she did more than she cared to admit to.

The path had been arduous and she had hoped for some indication of freedom from this blasted cursed rock of a planet. She didn't feel well at the moment.

She observed the scene around her. Blood on every reflective surface. Grotesque as one could imagine such a scene to be.

Her thoughts on the matter kept proving correct that like the eyes the reflections were but gateways for hell to come through.

Before her was a strong feminine form. She was enamored that anyone even remained here. She saw why the figure had stayed. She seemed to be watching over a few young ones who were all that remained of this part of the academy.

"My Lady I would say that we are all that we know of that are left here." She gesterued at the other two whom she had arrived with.

"I would recommend finding a means for us all to get off this forsaken rock lest we perish here like the rest." She hoped to suade the women into getting the young ones to make haste and board the ship and leave perhaps also taking her and the other two with them as assistance.
"I see you have already smothered the gates to hell." She pointed at the buried reflections.

Used:
Affect mind-1
Force augmentation-1

@Darth Kain @Sharkish’Ki @Mardinga

IC: Samael

Samael watched as centuries of information passed before his eyes. In a matter of seconds? Minutes? Hours? Was it days? He did not know, only that of what he was being shown. Kain was showing him his, and his family’s history. He was dead set on trying to prove that he was God himself, but it still felt like half truths. Only parts of the whole story. Samael still needed him as a teacher however, so he would play this game. He hated lying, but he could pretend. And that was what he did when Kain looked him in the eye, he feigned recognition so that the true lessons could finally come.

I sense an enemy has just entered our atmosphere,” said Kain. “Go to the hangar. Destroy him.

As you say, my Lord.” He replied before going to the hangar, lightsaber in hand ready to be activated at a moment’s notice, his aura of flame dancing excitedly.

Tag: @Darth Kain

Ls-orange-yellow.png
IC: <Redacted>

Tag: @skira @Drakul_Xarxes @Darth Kain

IC: Avery Sunka
Bosthirda

Curses poured from the Onderonian King’s lips as his mind raced, trying to decide what his next move should be. She was far more trained in using their force bond to her advantage than he was, though he tried to reach her mind nonetheless.

Sol, leave. Now.” His mind demanded over and over, though he knew his effort would be for naught.

They needed to go. Now. Even then, they couldn’t possibly reach her in time. But he had to try.

And now, even more news. Though he hated to admit it, he cared very little about the news from Pyxis. But he knew his wife would care deeply. They needed to get her out of there. Desperately.

She logged where they went. Somewhere in the Gananth system. It says she received word from the Empress to investigate an abandoned ship, but nothing since then,” He spoke to Hesper and Makaria quickly, stumbling over his words and correcting some of them when he would accidentally speak in Onderonian, rather than basic. He supposed he didn’t seem very King-ly in this moment, though he never really cared about that.

If you need to prioritize this attack, then please allow my men and I to use one of your ships to try to reach Lady Kolasi and the others. We have no time to waste,” He urged, and called for his men to join them inside the Sanctum.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Dark Lady Makaria @corinthia @Drakul_Xarxes

IC: Lady Kolasi
Aboard the Tsushima

Wonderful weather we’re having,” Kolasi had attempted to cut through the silence as they moved through the ship, hoping speaking would make her feel a bit more comfortable. It didn’t, of course. Lord Eschaton was…

Well, creepy.

A lump seemed to create a home in her throat, the feeling never going away as they continued through the ship and stood in front of the almost barren elevator shaft.

Perhaps this was a poor lapse of judgment.

Perhaps this would kill them, perhaps this would lead nowhere.

Perhaps she needed to find out anyways.

She whispered an Onderonian blessing under her breath as she peered down towards the elevator below, processing what they’d need to do to reach their destination.

Great. Just great.

If this kills me, make sure to tell Lord Xarxes it was his apprentice’s doing,” She half joked to Eschaton, a smile tugging at her lips as she leaned over, her hand grabbing for the elevator cable. She didn’t plan on going down the entirety of the cable, no. She intended on flying, on manipulating the force to slow her descent. But the force hadn’t always worked in her favor, and she needed a backup if she began to fall much rapidly than she’d intended.

Be brave,” She silently thought to herself, and stepped completely off the platform, pushing the force in hopes that her body would remain afloat, and she wouldn’t need to actually use the cable at all.

Powers Used:
Levitation - 5

Tags:
@Drakul_Xarxes @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester

Ic: Keldro Unmar

Eta-2, Actis-Class light interceptor- hyperspace

Keldros eyes bore forward through his windshield. He checked his shields , made sure the weapon system was operational. A quick view at the Nav screen, followed by a whistle from R5-D5, indicated they would soon be exiting hyperspace.

“Ease us out, Ardee. Lower the engines and divert power to the shields. We don’t know what we’re in for.”

A whistle from Ardee confirmed the changes. Yet as they pulled out of hyperspace , it seemed his precautions were overly zealous. There was no waiting ambush for them, in fact the planet seemed peaceful, it sat suspended in space.

Keldro flicked the ship into autopilot, he didn’t need to take control to land it just yet. The ship would take itself down to the planet, the datadisc given to R5, had shown a hanger on this side of the planet. Keldro figured there was no point fretting now.

Instead he closed his eyes, meditating on the force, feeling as it ebbed and weaved around the ship. Flowing through him, through Ardee, even through the planet. It was everywhere, it encompassed everything.

As the ship pulled in closer to the hanger, Keldros eyes opened, his hands took the controls and he maneuvered into the hanger. His eyes scanning for any signs of hostility to his arrival.

“Ardee, you have your orders, when we land divert full control of the ship to yourself and keep the engines running”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Catalyst

Powers used:

• Serenity: 3

IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes
Veeshas Tuwan, Arkania

drakul.xarxes_Eredin_from_The_Witcher_3_standing_in_space_openi_212a0415-d18e-42e3-bd68-8c869fd7c509.png

His fears confirmed by the amalgam of ethereal forms, Xarxes choked back a gasp of indignation. Another Old One? As from before? The other half of Tilotny's unholy spawn was now set upon the galaxy at odds with one another, the former sister attempting to control the latter brother to her profane will.

Apothem's final command tore the Hand of Order from his stupor, a last admonition and acknowledgment of Xarxes' dedication, simultaneously placing the King of Stars under his watchful and All-Seeing Eye. Indeed, it was a wise, if cautiously given, task from the Architects.

"You have my word, Splendid Apothem," he incanted as the forms of both began to fade, and all began to appear as it had when the three gathered first under Veeshas Tuwan. The dark light of Illathurion was gone, replaced by the greenish glow of wall sconces decorating the underground chamber.

His first instinct was to reach for his neck to recheck the integrity of the sacred relic and its esoteric contents. Second, he checked himself, noticing that his armor was no longer on him, but was mounted neatly on an armor mannequin. Strange. Nonetheless satisfied, he turned his attention to the others in the room.

"
You heard the words of Apothem, Kain. We have a mission, one which will require the full cooperation of all to overcome this double-threat. We--"

He moved to say something else, yet could not as intrusive words rattled his brain slightly, throwing him off. A familiar voice echoed silently in his head, one which he could unmistakably place.

Hesper!

Dropping all else on his mind, he reached out with the Force, tugging on the bond between them to speak plainly to his Empress. It was as if a veil had begun to be rent in the space before her as his mental projection attempted to open the barriers between the Empress and himself.

Kolasi…Eschaton…they're aboard the Tsushima! They're…

But what else was on that ship? His All-Seeing Eye turned, its gaze surging through space even as his mind raced to contact the Empress on the mythical world she made her home on.

Powers Used: Farsight (3) to see the Tsushima and, more specifically, what Kolasi and Eschaton are facing
-Force Bond (4) to reach out to Hesper in response
-Telepathy (5) to verbally communicate with Hesper, aided by the Bond

TAGS: @Darth Kain @Jen'nu @corinthia @Darth Voxyn @skira @Dark Lady Makaria

IC: Darth Eschaton
En Route to the Tsushima Storage Hold

drakul.xarxes_The_character_the_Mouth_of_Sauron_from_Lord_of_th_092cd38b-2d7c-48d1-91da-502e615a63ae.png

The Sith Lady's attempts at levity did nothing to adjust the disposition of the dour steward, his cracked, black lips curling into a sneer at her clever remark. "I find no humor in your jests, Lady Kolasi," he said calmly, not caring for the political hierarchies upon which they stood apart.

More important was the task at hand, and the looming and all-encompassing presence that Eschaton felt watching him from down below. Extending his sight once more, he peered down the same shaft as Kolasi, attempting to see the bottom. At the same time, his mind reached to touch upon the other presences in the area, to account both for whatever lay ahead, and what may lie unseen behind.

"The path ahead is being watched. We are being watched. Can you sense it? The presence of another intelligence?" His words were general musings, but this was a time to educate the queen of Onderon on awareness, especially the self-awareness of the potential doom she was walking into.

We mustn't let them think we are on alert. No, no. We wait until we can retaliate to drop our guise of fear.

The words echoed through Kolasi's mind telepathically, a simple use of the Force that Eschaton's bodily behavior did not reflect at all. A dark tongue ran across his lips, a sickening medley of sight and sound. Black spittle dribbled to the floor slowly, then ceased.

Assuming the space below was clear, Eschaton would form a sigil across his right palm before vanishing, only to reappear at the base of the elevator shaft a split second later.

Powers Used: Force Sight (4) to see down the shaft to the bottom
Force Sense (4) for the same purposes, but more generally to sense upon creatures in the area
Telepathy (4) to talk to Kolasi
Teleport (4) if the coast below seems clear enough to move to. (preparing)

TAGS: @skira @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Kain

Last edited:
IC Brooke & D-3PO
Citadel of Fire, Hatur

"Greetings, I am D-3PO," the chatty protocol droid launched into his normal greeting before recognizing who it was that was calling him. "Ah, miss Brooke! It is so wonderful to see you! How are you doing on Tython?"

Brooke smiled at the greeting. "It's good to hear your voice 3PO," she responded warmly. "I'm not on Tython any more. Kain picked me up and took me to another planet. It's not somewhere I recognize, but I wanted to let you, Zo, and K'win know that I am safe."

"Mister Kain is taking care of you now?" D-3PO inquired. "That is surprising news! The last I had heard, he had perished ten years ago. It is good to know he survived and you are in his care again!"

"Yes, it's quite the surprise," Brooke hid her discomfort at the changes that had befallen Kain in the time since she last saw him. "You should come visit him, 3PO. I'm sure he'd be very excited to see an old friend." And K'win can fly us back out..

"Yes indeed!" The protocol droid waved his arms excitedly. "I will begin preparations to come to your location at once Miss Brooke! Er, where exactly is that?"

Brooke smiled at the earnest little hologram. "Just follow Tifa's signal. I know you've still got it logged in your databanks. We'll see you soon." She nodded at Tifa to cut the transmission and turned to Apollo. The young boy seemed lost in thought, halfway invested in the conversation she and D-3PO were having. She knelt down next to him and smiled. "How would you like to meet some old friends of mine, Apollo? I can tell you the story of how they rescued me from bad, scary people." She discreetly left out that one of those people happened to be Apollo's father, many years ago.

TAG: @Darth Kain

-
IC Catalyst
Underground cave, Verdanth

As the group descended further into the caves, Catalyst couldn't help but worry about the conversation Nathemus and Volacius had had. The idea that Nephthys had access to Rakatan technology made his stomach drop. He shook the thought away. Despair would only kill them faster.

The sudden wall of stones in front of them was, perhaps, a blessing in disguise. If they could not get past it, they would have to leave this wretched world. Catalyst certainly thought that made more sense than risking burying themselves among the rubble. His lip curled in an amused smirk, and he couldn't resist the thought brewing in his head. "Maybe the turbolasers worked after all," he grinned at Volacius. "I'd say burying the surviving True Sith in a hundred tons of rubble is a pretty effective containment method."

TAG: @Darth Nathemus, @Darth Kain, @Volacius

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish’Ki
Sith Temple, Pyxis

“We’re the last, Master,” he grumbled, as he made his way up the cruiser’s boarding ramp, clipping his disengaged hilt into its ring on his belt. The bright lights of the embarkment torches highlighted how dirty they all were, as he gave a final look of disappointment at his companions before putting the thought out of his mind, as he was wise enough to know not to dwell on mistakes once the lesson is learned. He could feel the regret in Mihi, and the silence of her partner probably added to the discomfort.

“Do you know the cause of this?” He addressed the blonde woman with valid concern, as she ushered the others aboard. He gripped the side railings, ready for takeoff, as he helped in directing what seemed like masterless apprentices toward unoccupied spaces in the hold. “Master Kento mentioned seeing these undead before, during the True Sith wars. I’ve not been privy to that history in my training or travels, but why would we be seeing them now, and why here?”

This was perhaps more questions than she was ready for given the circumstances, or even willing to answer for an apprentice, but knowledge is useful, and so he asked. He was no drone after all, and they could probably use some direction from here.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Mardinga

OOC: I can’t tag Mihi, for whatever reason, sorry.

Last edited:
IC: Darth Mavros

The Tsushima

Ah, Kark…why did I listen to the kriffing droid?

Mavros' lightsaber ignited instinctively in his right hand, though he knew it would be of limited use here. There were too many of the monstrosities now charging towards him to cut down, even with both himself and Zareel attacking at once. No, he would need to use a different approach here.

Drawing on the power of the dark side, he called upon the force to engulf himself in a shield of lightning to prevent the creatures from attacking him, and then, he raised his free left hand, intending to send out a storm of force lightning that would, hopefully, hit all of the creatures currently attacking both himself and the troopers.

Anyone want some deep fried, extra crispy mutant?

He should have been afraid, even just a little, but instead, he actually found himself smiling, even laughing.

He missed the thrill.

Here’s hoping he would continue to get to experience it.

Powers Used:
Lightning Shield- 4
Force Lightning Storm- 4

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC- Darth Arach and Vitani
The Tsushima Flight Lounge

Arach’s smirk widened just a bit at the sound of Vaer’s screams. Normally, she would have brushed Vaer’s condescending tone off and continued on. Today, however, was different. She couldn’t ignore her injured pride. She wanted the satisfaction.

The assassin watched her demon attack the Counselor under her orders. What she had briefly felt now began to fade to disappointment, realizing that her attempt to drain Vaer’s life was in vain. Arach stopped her attack and frowned in confusion. She didn’t have long to wonder before a bout of lightning struck Vaer.

The lightning flew but it failed to harm Vaer. Before she could try another attack Vitani was thrown back by a kinetic wave slamming into her, sending her flying backwards. Gritting her teeth through the pain she got herself back on her feet as quick as she could, staying down even just for a moment could mean death.

Lightsaber ignited, Vaer stood facing down the two assassins, ready to spill blood and Vitani ignited her lightfoil in response. Lightning hadn't worked and now with him ready to be attacked and his lightsaber drawn Vitani doubted it would work if she tried again, she needed a new plan. Vitani already knew Vaer was more powerful than she was, galling as it was to her for one so much newer in the order to already have surpassed her, she knew she wouldn't stand a chance against him in a clash of force powers.

She could possibly stand a chance against him with a lightsaber, close the distance to not allow him the time to call on the force, force him to rely on his skill with a blade. She decided against that, she wasn't the only one here trying to kill him. Arach and her demon stood a better chance of killing him than she did, her best chance here was to support their efforts.

Keeping her mental defenses up she drew her sonic blaster with her other hand she quickly took aim and began firing at Vaer. They needed to keep him on the defensive, keep him distracted from Arach, and the sonic blasts should be plenty distracting.

Arach’s head swung to Vitani, belatedly remembering the other assassin’s presence. She winced slightly at her slip in memory. That won’t happen again, she silently promised herself. Before she could do anything further, Arach found herself blown back into the bulkhead behind her. Pain flared down her back and through her torso, temporarily impairing her breathing.

She gently gave her head a shake to clear it, realizing Vitani’s next assault. Her golden eyes locked onto her demon’s baleful gaze, realizing that he wasn’t looking too well, either. Tear him apart. Kill him.

As her demon acted on his orders, Arach focused on dimming the Councilor’s senses, hoping to give her companions an opening to attack.

Powers Used
Vitani: Mental Shield 4 continued

Arach: Mental Shield- 5 (continued), Dim Other’s Senses- 3 (+2 free pts, Stalker subclass)

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Voxyn

IC: Voxyn and Voidwalker
The Howling Hawkbat Nar Shaddaa

Kain approached before they could leave the Hawkbat. Voxyn listened to what he said to Voidwalker with some surprise; he hadn't expected to be instantly sent off on a mission by Kain. No interrogation or any use of the force to search his mind to determine true loyalties or anything? Then again, Voxyn wasn't sure he would have even noticed if Kain had searched his mind, he was certainly powerful enough to get in, find what he needed, then leave without being noticed. Maybe he had already determined Voxyn wasn't trying to deceive them, maybe he hadn't.

All Voxyn knew was he was being sent on yet another mission instead of returning to his lab, and right now he probably needed to get back there so he can relocate the lab to somewhere safer. It was currently on Upekzar in the Esstran sector, so right there among the ancient sith worlds.

Between staying to side with Kain and what he had said to Avery before their departure he doubted Hesper was particularly happy right now. His lab was a ship powerful enough to defend itself but his niece was still there and he wasn't going to risk her safety. Hesper had already sent Voxyn with a team to kill Kain's children, publicly calling her a coward was likely to provoke a similar retaliation.

Kain was sending them to run down a smuggler in possession of cargo that belonged to him. That shouldn't take too long, Voxyn figured. They could get this mission done then he could speak to them about where he could possibly relocate his lab when they returned.

"Very well, Lord. Is there anything we should know about the cargo?"

No sooner than the words had passed from Voidwalker's lips, a pain hit him square in the chest. It felt as if he'd been blasted by an ion cannon at point blank radius. His knees felt as if they'd buckle underneath him at any second. Voidwalker felt as if he were simply struggling to keep himself upright. A wave of emotions hitting him all at once. Anger was the most clear emotion, only to closely be followed by danger. Then there was the most disturbing feeling, he could feel Arach breathing heavily as if she was in a fight for her life. Beyond the layers of emotions and signs there was something more, wherever Arach was, was the same place this smuggler would be found.

The Force was delivering him a message, one that was clearly more important than just the details of the mission Kain was sending him on. Arach was clearly in danger, and more than just the normal type of danger the Sith Lady seemed to find herself in. The message had only lasted a brief moment, yet it felt as if it had lasted for hours. With heavy gasps Voidwalker looked up to face Kain.

"A ship…wherever Arach is, she's on a ship and she's in danger. The same ship where we'll find the smuggler. If you can open us a portal, we can get there much faster."

Powers Used:
Force Bond - 1

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus,
@Cardun Vrek, @Helkosh

IC: Knight Zareel Jhenan’doka
Enroute to the Captain’s Quarters, The Tsushima

The path to the captain’s quarters ´remained mostly silent, except for the instructions given by the droid and the footsteps of the group. Not like the view offered too much enthusiasm for a conversation; the crewmembers' corpses decorating in such an abstract way the floor and walls did that to people's mood.

And talking about affecting the mood. ‘So, these are the mutations LE mentioned before.’ Zareel thought to herself as she took in the distorted forms and the irregular movement they had. She had to bite her lip to contain the sudden burst of anxious laughter that came to her. “Always the kriffing weird shapes with these things…”

“LE move to the back.”
She told the droid as she tried to pull it to the back of the group, she had seen enough doors causing trouble in the past; it was better to keep the one who knew its way around the ship in good condition.

As the Sith master started his attack, she took a step back and drew both of her weapons; she would wait to verify the effectiveness of that before engaging in hand to… hands? They should have just used the ship as target practice for the other ships, the wait would have been more satisfying.

Powers used:
Force Pull 2 (to pull the droid out of the range of the attacks)

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Cardun Vrek

IC: Lord Volacius, The Wrath of Kain

Volacius frowned at the sight of the cave-in. How was it that as he and his powerful compatriots were approaching an adversary capable of disrupting and potentially manipulating time, they could be interrupted by something so mundane as a pile of rocky debris?

Under normal circumstances, Volacius would’ve likely attempted a mix of cutting through the rocks and using the force to heat them and sculpt them into a tunnel. But since merely attempting to use the Force caused them to jump through time, Volacius found Eva’s question as to what they should do to be quite apt.

Catalyst seemed to be coming around Volacius’ early mishap, half-jesting that the orbital bombardment from the Angelus Mortis might have contained the True Sith zombies.

“As much as that would please me,” Volacius replied, “I somehow doubt it. I ordered that bombardment before our troops landed. Whatever became of the squad that was deceived into entering first, they shouldn’t have been able to pass this point. Unless they were thrown into the past as Catalyst and I may have been, We should’ve encountered them by now; dead, alive, or undead.”

The past! That could be it! Volacius realized. “I don’t make this suggestion lightly, nor do I think it is necessarily our best option; but the cave-in wouldn’t exist in the past. Assuming that using the Force throws us back in time, what if we all used the Force again, sending us back to before the cave-in occurred. We might be able to advance far enough to get beyond the cave-in before returning to the present.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

GM UPDATE

IC: Sergeant Luceno
Elevator Shaft, The Tsushima

Whether it was the whispered blessing that graced her lips or, more plausibly, Lady Kolasi's dominion over the Force, it mattered not. The descent through the shaft unfolded with fluid finesse, an effortless pirouette of movement. No grasp of the cable was necessary; her plummet to the bottom was an affair of unhurried serenity. Her feet landed softly on the durasteel roof of the fallen elevator, so light that a feather could have caused greater distress to the metal. All that was left was finding a way into the box beneath her.

Eschaton’s unspoken message echoed in her mind as she dropped below, warning her of watching eyes. Then he intended to find the source of those stares without any eyes of his own.

He stretched into the Force, both down the shaft and the area surrounding their little party. The enclosing walls, forged from robust durasteel, framed a cavity of ten by ten feet. A drop of almost thirty feet awaited—a fall sufficient to shatter human limbs on contact. The option of teleporting to the top of the collapsed elevator beckoned; it would be the easiest route by far.

But his senses not only spanned that shaft.

There was a man watching them from the shadows, thinking himself invisible. Perhaps to the average man, he would have been. However, Lord Eschaton was anything but ordinary, a facet of peculiarity that spanned all dimensions. Eschaton knew exactly where the stranger stood, behind the group and out of eyesight.

Yet, a more ominous revelation festered in his perception.

Beneath, likely within the very confines of the coveted cargo hold, a colossal entity stirred. Its magnitude traversed the entire length of the vessel, an enigma swelling in stature.

The troopers gathered their gear, fastening themselves and mentally bracing for the descent. But Lord Eschaton stood in the way, lost in his reverie.

“Is everything all right, my lord?” asked the sergeant.

TAGS: @skira, @Darth Drakul Xarxes, @Hadzuska_The Jester

OOC: Kolasi’s use of Levitation rolls 16 + 20 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 21 + 5 allows her to float down with utter ease and absolutely no risk of fall damage.

Eschaton’s use of Force Sight rolls 10 + 19 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 19 + 2 allows him to see the dimensions of the elevator shaft completely.
His use of Force Sense then rolls 19 + 19 + 5, succeeding and even overcoming the mystery character’s DC. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 2 allows him to not only sense the mystery character’s presence, but also the presence of something massive lurking in the cargo hold - something that’s mass expands across the majority of the bottom of the ship.
His use of Telepathy to speak to Kolasi rolls 12 + 19 + 5 and succeeds. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 2 allows his words to be heard by her very clearly.

I will assume that his teleporting will not need a roll, since he has a disclaimer that he’d only use it if the space below was clear of danger.

IC: Helvara

Hidden Hangar, Pyxis

Picsart_23-08-18_21-25-33-984.jpgSharkish’Ki’s inquiries, while entirely pertinent, would go unanswered for the moment. Something else had taken hold of Helvara’s attention, something that would not go unpunished.

As Mihi went on speaking, Helvara could not help but find her choice of words strange and inhuman, as if some infantile artificial intelligence was speaking for her. But something more sinister loomed beneath her words, the interlaced power of telepathy attempting to sway Helvara. It was entirely odd. Had the girl spoken normally, and simply asked, Helvara would have had no qualms about allowing her and her companions aboard the last ship off of Pyxis.

But this acolyte dared to try and manipulate her. That was the most unwise decision she could have possibly made.

Helvara retaliated immediately upon sensing the deception, delving into Mihi’s own mind with a butcher’s care. The worst memories of Gauden’s life flooded her mind with psychic agony, her brain fit to explode in sheer horror at the sensations dominating every fabric of her being. She collapsed to the floor, screaming violently and thrashing about, trying to claw and kick away the terrible nightmares flooding her waking life.

“You dare try to alter my mind, you little witch!?” Helvara growled. She snapped toward the other two. “If you want to leave this planet, you will leave that anchor behind. Otherwise, I am taking the children and leaving you all to rot along with her.”

TAGS:
@Sharkish’Ki, @Mardinga

OOC: Mihi’s use of Affect Mind rolls 15 + 3 + 2, failing to overcome Helvara’s DC.

Helvara’s retaliatory use of Memory Walk rolls 15 + 15 + 5, overcoming Mihi’s DC. 4d8 of Psychic Damage is rolled for, rolling 7 + 4 + 4 + 2. Mihi’s HP has been reduced to 0, and as it was done via Psychic Damage, she is inflicted with Madness.

IC: Eva (Brief Combo w/ @Catalyst and @Darth Nathemus)

Cave System, Verdanth

Nathemus was taken aback by Volacius' suggestion. It was shocking and crazy. Just possibly crazy enough to work. "Volacius, this might just work. I'm in agreement."

Catalyst, meanwhile, shrugged at Volacius's suggestion. It wasn't the strangest thing he'd ever heard, but banking on time travel that they had no real control of was reaching a bit further than he was comfortable with. He hadn't come up with a better solution though, and they had come all this way. "If you're certain, Volacius, I'll follow you. I'd worry about being trapped on the other side though. This trick might not work once we've got Nephthys in our clutches."

A dozen worries flooded Eva’s mind as she contemplated the risks. What if they went back in time and never returned to the present? What if they returned exactly when the Rakata were terraforming Verdanth, rendering it entirely inhospitable in the artificial interim between dense desert and lush jungle? What if they went so far back that this planet didn’t even exist?

Her worries went unheard by the others, at least aloud. She had no better option to present, and she wasn’t going to leave them all racked with indecision.

The four of them made a silent pact, each of them delving into the Force with the hopes that they would join hands in another place, in another time. Reality warped around them, enveloping them in a blanket of uncertainty and abnormality. Their flesh prickled with energy unknown, still as alien now as it had been when Catalyst and Volacius felt its touch mere moments ago.

This was not the same time that Catalyst and Volacius had once seen.

They were beneath the ground, in a space not dissimilar from before. The only difference was that they each could sense something beyond this cave, a bond not unlike the one they’d forged among themselves. Catalyst would feel his own frustration. Volacius would feel his own determination. Nathemus would feel his own resolve. And Eva would feel the horror of a beast snatching her away. These were the exact emotions they’d felt only seconds before the orbital bombardment of this very cave system. The way further down was clear. But not for much longer.

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Darth Nathemus, @Volacius

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

Veeshas Tuwan, Arkania

The All-Seeing Eye of Darth Drakul Xarxes bore into the halls of the Tsushima, allowing him to witness the current predicament of Kolasi and Eschaton. The former was gliding down to the bottom of a vacant elevator shaft, while the latter stood utterly still at the mouth of the gaping fall below. Soldiers were with them, though not nearly enough to be guarding a Dark Councillor, let alone a Triumvir.

What could they be doing there? Why were they descending into the bowels of that anomaly?

His message to Empress Hesper proved completely clear to transmit, barreling across space and time with the ease that comes with such mastery of the telepathic art. She would hear his call, and his warning.

Kain did not need an All-Seeing Eye to see that something troubled the Nightfather deeply. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “What are you sensing?”

The Beloved King turned to Khatt, who also seemed full to the brim with clouded thoughts. “And you. What’s the matter?”

TAGS:
@Darth Drakul Xarxes, @Jen’nu

OOC: Xarxes’ Farsight rolls 12 + 20 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 10 + 2 allows him to see Kolasi and Eschaton at an empty elevator shaft with some guards, and allows him to see the former descending down the shaft.

His use of his Force Bond rolls 17 + 20 + 10, successfully providing a bonus to his subsequent use of Telepathy. An Effect Modifier of 14 + 8 adds a +5 bonus to the following Telepathy roll.

That Telepathy rolls 4 + 20 + 10 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 16 + 10 allows Hesper to hear his message with absolute clarity.

IC: LE-14

Dark Atrium, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-08-18_21-31-33-177.jpg

Most would quake at the sight of such horrors bursting forth from the walls. Most would vomit at the sickly sweet odor of their rot, their decay. Most would die in terror, swarmed by a sea of bones.

But Darth Mavros was not most.

Sapphire lightning coursed through his veins, leaping off of him like some malevolent tesla coil. No enemy that dared to close the distance survived, the bolts slamming into their vile forms and charring them to naught but blackened bone. And the monstrosities above, born from the severed skulls of those unfortunate enough to once serve on this damned ship, were not any luckier. The extended hand of Lord Mavros sent those arcs of pure hatred at the fiends in a storm of utter power, turning them into ash that rained down from the ceiling.

Zareel’s pull on the droid had saved it from any of the initial volleys sent by those now-ashen Spitters, and Mavros’ speed had saved the other troopers from suffering the acidic burns.

“My, my,” said LE-14, “you Sith are incredibly efficient. If only Captain Morrow had hired one of you. Perhaps we would have been fine.”

The atrium gave way to another hallway, which according to the signs, would further lead toward the cockpit of the ship. But their destination was only halfway down this hall, marked with the glowing red hologram of a locked door.

“The Captain’s Quarters,” said the droid. “We are here.”

TAGS: @Cardun Vrek, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

OOC: Mavros’ Lightning Shield rolls 9 + 18 + 5, successfully overcoming the DC of the Necromorphs. 4d6 of Shock Damage is rolled for, rolling 6 + 6 + 5 + 2. The pair of Necromorphs have their HP reduced to 0, and the overkill disintegrates them badly enough that they are no longer moving.

His Lightning Storm now only affects the Spitters, which rolls 15 + 18 + 5 and succeeds in hitting them all. 4d8 of Shock Damage is rolled for, rolling 8 + 3 + 3 + 8. All of the Spitters are killed and disintegrated.

Zareel’s use of Force Pull on LE-14 rolls 3 + 13 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 7 + 1 pulls the droid back just far enough to avoid any of the acidic splash from the Spitters.

IC: Myn

Leaving Bosthirda

the-green-planet-x.jpgUpon receiving an affirmative nod from the Empress of the Sith, King Avery was on the move. The Onderonians moved through the inner Hesperian Sanctum as a single unit, the horrors of Nar Shaddaa doing little to rob them of their discipline. Even Myn, a man that had experienced death and resurrection, knew the stakes of this took precedence. The Queen was in danger, and if she fell, so too would their home.

They quickly gathered in the hangar, surrounded by the hum of machinery and the faint smell of oil and iron. A freighter had been chosen for them, some modern off-shoot of the Crinya-class that Myn had heard little of in his studies of spacecraft. The design was obviously leaning toward the lighter side of freighter classes, meaning they were trading firepower for speed. None of the men would have any qualms about that. Time was not on their side, so speed was chief among their allies now.

The interior was simple yet functional, with strapped-in seats just outside the cockpit to allow passengers a safe journey. With an order, the beastriders strapped into those very seats as the engines roared to life.

King Avery would not allow his wife to die. All that rested between him and her now was the swirling vortex of hyperspace, now that they’d departed Bosthirda. And not even the expanse of space would dare separate him from her.

Back on the planet’s surface, Lady Hesper would receive word from Xarxes, the most stoic of her Triumvirs, as if he was standing just beside her. “Kolasi…Eschaton…they're aboard the Tsushima! They're…”

“My liege,” said one of her guardsmen, “he does not look well.”

He referred to the flickering image of Damian Kento, the Sith teacher of her academy that had yet to be answered. “Can… can we expect aid, Empress?” asked Kento, wheezing. “Is there any hope for us?”

TAGS: @skira, @corinthia, @Dark Lady Makaria

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

The eyes of the Dark Messiah narrowed in on Voidwalker, looking him up and down. His wife was in danger… and aboard the very ship that Kain was about to send him after. That could not have been a coincidence. It was too convenient.

But the Beloved King nodded, delving into his Champion’s mind to see what Voidwalker saw. Yes, that was the ship. The Tsushima. Orbiting now in the Gananth system. That… that was far from where it was supposed to be. And certainly too close to here.

Kain cast forth another tear in the fabric of reality, creating a bridge between Nar Shaddaa and The Tsushima. Its fiery glow flickered, and the look on the King’s face showed some amount of strain. “Go,” was all he said.

Moments after Voxyn and Voidwalker would no doubt step through the accursed portal, Kain turned to the fiend that had ignored him. Huskac stared into empty space, acting as if he hadn’t heard a word the Beloved King said. A pity. If he’d proven useful, Kain would have offered him sovereignty of the Tapani sector in exchange for staying out of his way. That simply couldn’t be now.

With a flick of his hand, Kain froze the immobile Huskac in place, closing him in a web of telekinetic might that smothered him of all movement. Even his eyes would be unable to glance around the room, nor would he even be able to blink. He was helpless, utterly helpless.

The Seed of Chaos spun on his heel and gave a low bow to the pair of Kei Durron and Cal Vastrom, who’d been discussing their next play as Kain focused on his followers. “I offer this as a peace offering,” he told them. “This false Emperor is yours to arrest and put on trial. May he rot behind bars the rest of his days.”

TAGS:
@Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Nathemus

OOC: Voidwalker's Healing Blood kicks in once again this round, rolling 1d4 of Healing. It rolls a 4, increasing his HP to 28.

Kain’s use of Telepathy on Voidwalker rolls 10 + 25 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 12 + 9 allows him to clearly visualize the ship that Voidwalker saw in his Bond-induced vision.

Kain’s Force Travel rolls 8 + 25 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 20 + 10 creates a safe and stable portal to the Tsushima.

He then uses Force Stasis on Lord Huskac, rolling 12 + 25 + 10, overcoming Huskac’s DC. An Effect Modifier of 19 + 10 freezes Huskac in place, unable to move or even blink, thus leaving him entirely at the mercy of the Jedi.

IC: Apollo

The Citadel of Fire, Hastur

Apollo looked up to Brooke, meeting her eyeless gaze. Though she’d not see it, it was the first time he had smiled in hours. “I’d love that,” he told her, eager to hear one of her stories.

It was stories that connected him with those he no longer saw. Eva’s stories of his mother were most of what he had of her. He cursed himself for not being able to remember the woman that birthed him, that raised him. All he could recall was the sadness in her eyes. At least the stories had told more about her, of the happy times. Maybe Brooke’s story would be happy, too.

But it would not be happy times in the hangar of the Citadel of Fire. Samael would watch as the starfighter pulled into the bay, the domed head of an astromech sticking out of it. It was the Jedi he had seen with Brooke and Apollo earlier, the one that had the audacity to mention getting Apollo away from Kain right in front of the Beloved King of the Stars. It would not take a master psychologist to know why he had followed them here.

He had come to take away the child of the Avatar. That could not come to pass.

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Undying Master Xiannarr

IC: Darth Vaer

Flight Lounge, The Tsushima

It all happened so quickly.

Lady Arach attempted to aid the others by dimming the senses of the Mind Thief, but it appeared that in her weakened state, she simply could not. Vaer was not meant to be as powerful as her. How had he become so menacing, so utterly unbreakable?

But she would quickly realize that he was not.

Vaer knew well enough to not try to block the blasts of Vitani’s gun, having seen its work on one of the monsters from only moments ago. But he had not been swift enough to avoid all of her shots. One of them struck him in the side, punching through an inch of flesh and meat just below his ribs. The agony had been enough to set him in the crosshairs of the smoke demon, whose Kain-like form obeyed Arach’s final order with utter glee.

“Sutta Chwituskak!” it hissed, emerald green flinging from its tentacles like some maligned spear. It struck Vaer in the gut, sending him flying backward and into the rear wall. His flesh was charred and maimed. His lightsaber had flown out of his grasp, skittering onto the bloody floor. He was wheezing, labored breaths a result of a close brush with death.

But it had only been a brush. And once he saw the smoke demon vanish, banished by Arach the moment she felt her hold on it slip, he could not help but unleash a cruel smile. All of the agony in the universe could not compare to the delight of murder.

His gauntleted hand, which bore the Lacerant Configuration, curled into a vile hook, closing tighter and tighter. Both Arach and Vitani would find invisible hands wrapped around their throats, lifting them off of the ground and into the air. This was not the grip of a man wanting to warn them, wanting to give them an opportunity to reconcile their sins. This was the crushing hand of a psychopath that wanted nothing more than to eviscerate them. Arach would feel as if her head were about to pop off of her neck, absolutely no air or blood funneling beneath her skull. Vitani would feel similarly, both women kicking their feet and struggling to survive.

“Mercy would be to kill you now,” he coughed, slowly approaching. His lightsaber flew back into his organic hand, though he hooked it to his belt. “But I have a better idea. You remember this device, don’t you, Arach?” His alchemized hand tightened further, threatening to decapitate the both of them. “One little prick from this, and your souls will be damned to the demons of beyond. Tortured for eternity. You would deserve nothing less, you cunts!

The Lacerant Configuration snapped forward, a spike protruding from his palm. He wasn’t just going to kill them. He was going to damn them.

Until he noticed a spark of light out of the corner of his eye.

A fiery portal spawned into the aether, amidst the broken bodies. And stepping through it were a pair that Vaer had not seen in ages. Darth Voxyn, the mad scientist and brother to Lady Vitani. And Darth Voidwalker, the demon he’d watched murder before, and the husband to Lady Arach.

“You’ve got to be kriffing me.”

TAGS:
@Arach, @Darth Voxyn, @Voidwalker

OOC: Arach’s continued use of Mental Shield requires no roll since it has yet to be broken. Her DC against Psychic Attacks remains at 47.

Vitani, unfortunately, has to reroll to continue her Mental Shield since Vaer breached it last round. She rolls 18 + 17 + 5, successfully creating another Mental Shield. An Effect Modifier of 8 + 4 increases her DC against Psychic Attacks by 6.

Vaer creates his own Mental Shield, rolling 13 + 19 + 5 and succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 12 + 8 increases his DC against Psychic Attacks by 10.

Arach’s use of Dim Other’s Senses on Vaer rolls 15 + 21 + 10, failing to overcome Vaer’s shielded DC.

Vitani’s firing of her Sonic Blaster incurs a DEX roll, which rolls 17 + 17 + 6. This overcomes Vaer’s DC, and incurs 1d8 of Blunt Damage. It rolls a 4, lowering Vaer’s HP to 34.

The Smoke Demon’s final act before it is banished by Arach is to attack Vaer with a Bolt of Hatred. It rolls 15 + 18 + 5, matching Vaer’s DC and succeeding. 4d10 of Magic Damage is rolled for, rolling 4 + 10 + 2 + 4. Vaer’s HP is reduced to 14.

Vaer retaliates with Force Choke, hoping to ensnare both Arach and Vitani. He rolls 17 + 19 + 5, successfully choking them both. 4d6 of Blunt Damage is rolled for, rolling 2 + 4 + 2 + 3. Arach’s HP is reduced to 1, and Vitani’s HP is reduced to 6.

Last edited:
IC: Keldro Unmar

Hanger - Hastur

Keldros eyes scanned the hanger. He diverted the power from the shields leaving enough to give R5 some protection. The rest surged into the weapons system. He flicked a switch and a low whistle from the droid confirmed that he was now in full control of the ship.

“Remember your orders friend.”

Keldro climbed out of the cockpit, his leather boots softly cushioning his drop.

The hanger appeared empty, save for the same stranger from the Temple. There was still something about him that brought the Jedi Knight shame, some great secret the force continued to remind him of but wouldn't let him in on the secret. Keldro had known not to expect his arrival would go unnoticed, still of all the welcoming parties this wasn't one he had envisioned.

He tapped once more into the force, as though he was expanding the capillaries of blood vessels in his veins he tried to maximize his potent force connection, allowing it to flow through him with as much power as he could muster.

Hidden beside the starfighter he now cast his voice forward, to the figure he could see facing the front of the fighter.
“Hello friend, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome party. If I'm honest I wasn't expecting one at all.”

Keldro didn't take his eyes off the Kains’ strange bedfellow, however, his mind did wander. Focusing on the connection established between them on Tython, he hoped to let Brooke feel that he was here and that he was going to protect them.

Tags: @Hadzuska_The Jester , @Catalyst , @Darth Kain

Powers used:

• Force Potency: 3
  • Force bond: 3

Small edit as I realise I listed the wrong power in my post. Was describing force potency not

Last edited:
IC- Darth Arach
Showdown on the Tsushima

Again! Again, her attack failed!

Rage and desperation flooded through Arach as Vitani and her demon attacked. How!? echoed through her mind. She should have been strong enough! She should have been able to find some weakness! Was this schutta indestructible?!

But, no, even as she watched, Vitani’s shots found their mark and as Vaer recoiled in pain, Arach’s demon threw his Bolts of Hatred. The agony Vaer felt was like a balm. Even though her own attacks have failed, she could still glean some satisfaction. Though, there was another concern.

Arach felt her control over the smoke demon begin to slip. She knew it was only a matter of time before she loses control over him entirely. As the demon disappeared, the look on Vaer’s face promised death.

Arach bared her teeth and snarled in defiance. She attempted once more to latch onto Vaer to drain his life, but was interrupted by her throat being squeezed by an invisible hand. The pressure in her head began to build as she began to gasp for breath that wouldn’t come. Even as she dangled in the air, her body reflexively fighting to breathe, the assassin wasn’t afraid. Her lip twisted into a defiant sneer and her eyes blazed molten gold with her rage. Her gaze seemed to snag on his hands. The one Vaer was using to strangle the two assassins looked a familiar kind of wrong. She didn’t have much time to ponder over it.

The psychopath began to approach his victims and over the sound of pounding blood in her ears Arach barely heard him speak. “Mercy would be to kill you now. But I have a better idea. You remember this device, don’t you, Arach?” He tightned his fist for emphasis.

In response, Arach felt her blood vessels begin to pop in her eyes and on her face. Her vision swam and her body twitched with the added pain and she struggled to maintain her glare. With her rapidly flagging strength, she attempted to communicate via telepathy with Vaer. Not sure. Why don’t you…. loosen your grip so I can…. get a better look? she spat.

“One little prick from this,” he continued, seemingly not hearing her, “and your souls will be damned to the demons of beyond. Tortured for eternity. You would deserve nothing less, you cunts!”

Realization and fear flooded Arach. She knew his plan. She remembered the chains and rooms splattered with blood. Moreso than even this accursed flight lounge. They were going to come back and there would be no last minute saves. She and Vitani were going to be sacrificed to them. They would be torn apart and Force knew what else. And no one was coming to save them.

Though she was terrified, she refused to show weakness to Vaer. What a… dirty mouth… you have…. motherkriffer!

Arach’s vision was becoming worse as the blade came steadily closer. Her eyes remained fixed on it, so she did miss the initial flicker of light that caused Vaer to stop his approach. However, the familiar- looking portal that appeared out of nowhere caught her fading attention. She couldn’t see the pair stepping through clearly, though they were familiar. One far more than the other.

Arach reached for the bond she shared, feeling a strong relief and a newfound hope and love. She couldn’t stop the slow, weak grin from spreading across her face as her body began to almost relax.

“You’ve got to be kriffing me.”

Arach’s vision managed to briefly clear enough to finally recognize that her husband and Voxyn had stepped through the portal. Her body began to tremble in what could be taken as laughter under normal conditions. Her unfocusing, blood- shot golden eyes locked onto Vaer. With… the biggest pole….you have ever…. seen.

With that, Arach broke her contact with Vaer, if any had been made at all, and again, reached for her bond with Voidwalker. The… Blade, she attempted to warn him. She also attempted to share images of the puzzle box, the demons, and their priestess with the pins in her head. Be careful… it… will… summon… Them.

With that, the last of her strength fled and she saw no more.

Powers Used:
Telepathy- 2 (+3 free pts, lv 1)
Force Bond- 5

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn

Last edited:
IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes
Veeshas Tuwan, Arkania

"It's Lady Kolasi, Kain. She is in danger, along with who knows how many others, aboard a ship called the Tsushima." Xarxes' words were slightly urgent, intermingled with hurriedness as he grabbed his armor telekinetically, the whole of the suit's various pieces hovering off the mannequin and flying to affix themselves to his body.

"
There's something there, Kain. Something foul and threatening. You heard what the Architects informed us of. You know we have our assignment, and there's nothing we can do here against Tharagorrogaraht and her ilk. The Tsushima, on the other hand, bears a great danger to our allies. It would be wise of us to rally them now." His shoulder pauldron fell into place, and the Helm of Order floated between his palms.

Xarxes contemplated how they ought to proceed. A route with starships would take too long to be of any aid, and even the esoteric powers of Fold Space were limited by distance with only two present users. That left but one option, though given his recent task by the Architects, Xarxes knew that asking it of Kain would put a stain on his conscience.

Do we truly have to save everyone?

The thought was brief, subtle, but it was enough to shake Xarxes to his core. He would take more blockers soon to relieve that psychic pressure, but in the moment, he saw but one answer that would permit him to do as his conscience commanded:

Sometimes, when adversity demands it, the strongest of wills must make a sacrifice.

"I do not wish to ask of you a power which corrupts, but in the spirit of urgency and for the sake of the greater good, we must act quickly to get to the Tsushima. Therefore, we must combine our powers of the Aing-Tii to move the three of us over such a great distance in an instant. I will not have you hurt yourself for our sake again!"

To hell with the immediacy with assurance. This was the best that could be done with such pressing demands on his shoulders from all angles.

Powers Used: Telekinesis (5)

TAGS: @Darth Kain @Jen'nu @corinthia @Darth Voxyn @skira @Dark Lady Makaria

IC: Darth Eschaton
En Route to the Tsushima Storage Hold

The Black Steward ignored Luceno's query, splitting his attention instead between the mysterious presences on either side of them. Eschaton was not a being to be easily intimidated, and indeed, now was no different. The presence, however, that was more deadly to the others on this ship was most certainly the thing that Lady Kolasi had just moved closer to, apparently without scanning the area.

Eschaton bit back a curse. Insufferable woman. One moment, unwilling to move and content to linger, and in the next, throwing caution to the wind. He focused his power, forcefully channeling his will into his very being and shunting it from him. The result was indistinguishable from the original, a perfect copy of Eschaton's form appearing first as a hazy phantasm, gradually taking its form to stand beside its progenitor. A dripping leer danced across the duplicate's face before it turned, moving past the guards and raising a hand towards the invisible stalker, a telekinetic grip threatening to close around him.

The original vanished in an instant, finding himself at the bottom of the elevator shaft in the next instant, right alongside the descending Lady Kolasi. His bared teeth and cracked lips bore, however, a sense of severity rather than utter glee now. "
Lady Kolasi," he began. "A foul presence rests along the bottom of this vessel, filling the whole span of the ship. I would advise caution. And we were being followed. I, and perhaps the guards upstairs, have taken care of it."

He looked down, eyeing the box of the elevator beneath him. Two blackened, gauntleted fingers extended from beneath his cloak, pointing downwards at the durasteel surface. The presence of the foul being feeling ever-closer now. And now a power most foul would accompany it as small waves of entropic energy surged forth.

Powers Used: Force Phantom (4)
Teleport (4)
Darkshear (4)

GM's NOTE: Eschaton's use of Force Phantom rolls 11 + 19 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 15 + 8 creates a Phantom that maintains the same HP level as the original.

Eschaton's Teleport rolls 18 + 19 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 18 + 8 allows him to teleport with utter ease.

TAGS: @skira @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Kain

IC: Samael

Hello there! Contrary to what you believe, you are not welcome here. Unlike the others here, I don’t care for violence. That being said, leave now,” Samael ignites his fiery orange lightsaber and takes a Soresu stance, two of his fingers on his free hand pointed outwards towards the direction of the newcomer, “or I will do what I must.

(Powers Used:
Soresu - 3)

Tag: @Undying Master Xiannarr @Darth Kain @Catalyst

Ls-orange-yellow.png

IC: <Redacted>

He had been watching for a while. They were not in great danger, yet. But he would be prepared for when they were. He watched The Dark Lady descend the elevator shaft, but the Lord that accompanied her stood above at the entrance. She was alone. He however, with the troopers all around, was in fact not. But then where there was one, there was now two. Interesting.

When the newer one of him turned in his direction reaching his hand out, the man knew he was discovered. There were too many, and the one he was focused on was no longer among them. First he stepped back, using the Force to attempt to cloak himself in the shadows, and went a step further to conceal his signature in the force before rolling to the side, and sneaking past the troopers, attempting to swipe the repelling gear from one of them as he did.

(Powers Used:
Force Cloak - 4
Conceal Essence - 4

GM's NOTE: [REDACTED]'s use of Conceal Essence rolls 15 + 18 + 5, matching Eschaton's DC and succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 11 + 5, obscuring his presence in the Force well enough from Eschaton that only a Force Sense roll with a higher Effect Modifier (anything greater than 16) can detect him.

His use of Force Cloak rolls 3 + 18 + 5, failing. He can still be seen on the visible spectrum.

Tag: @Drakul_Xarxes @skira @Darth Kain

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom