Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Star Wars Judgment Day: Part III of the Prelude to Requiem

IC: Sedriss Nathemus

The Sedriss was rightfully furious that the slimy words of Dreadwar had invaded his flagship, and as the ashen remains of Captain Viskar fell into a pile on the floor, the Dark Lord's message was heard loud and clear. Sith, Troops, Droids, and Crewmen alike all heard the very real threat he gave, and none dared to test it.

As a nearby mouse droid rolled through to vacuum the ash pile, waves of turbolaser fire sprang forth from the nearby Angelus Mortis. Before giving his own command, Nathemus first decided to survey the damage it had done. Unfortunately, it hadn't cut deep enough into the planet to even consider firing another barrage. It would simply have been a waste of resources. Not a few moments later, he could hear the angry words of Catalyst over the comms. His head shook, and he began to walk towards the bridge's exit.

Before he left, he pulled aside First Lieutenant Barn who would become the Captain in Viskar's place, and said, "If I do not return in one week's time, speed back to Tof. Tell my family I loved them."

As he walked out, there were two stops he had to make along the way to the hangar bay. First among his stops was the barracks of the Shadow Guards, dark warriors and sorcerers who had sworn undying allegiance to the Dark Lord by becoming Battlebonded to him in the Ritual of the Sith Battlelord. "Shadow Guards, I need my four best men with me. Onward to the surface."

Following the barracks came a quick stop at the armory. The Sedriss did not always carry all his gear with him, and though his Sith Sword was already slung in its sheath by his left leg, his most famous weapon was here. He picked up Asimikots, the great Sith Axe-Hammer, and a brief burst of blue energy washed over its head before the Sedriss slung it over his back into its place. Now he was ready for the task at hand.

Finally coming to the hangar bay with his Shadow Guards in tow, Nathemus entered the shuttle. The hangar bay doors opened, and in a one word command to the pilot, he said, "Descend." Many fighters and troop carriers started descending to the planetary surface, and after the Mortis' turbolaser fire, any hope of the element of surprise was finished. Now they would be forced to arrive in all their might.

When the shuttle finally made it to the surface, the landing ramp opened and the Sedriss walked down to meet his allies. Catalyst had discovered Eva, as he had previously said, and it was quite clear he was publicly hiding his animosity towards Volacius after what had occurred. "Thank you for the welcome, Catalyst. It's time we finish this. Eva, you may not know this, but Kain is family to me. Any daughter of his, I will protect with my life as I would for my own child. The True Sith will bring no harm to you."

TAG: @Darth Kain @Catalyst @Volacius

IC: Dark Lady Makaria
Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

Straining, Makria kept pushing the doors open, even as they tried to resist her. She didn't like that they resisted her, but she had no choice. Every fiber of her being told her that if she let go, they would slam shut again.

Then two of the retinue were hit by something, clearly immediately injured. Makaria risked a look back, trying to assess if she or the Imperatrix were in any immediate danger from whatever had happened. The shadow things were, to the best of her eyesight, already engaged, and Huskac was... on the table. Had he—? Nope, she did not have time to try to figure out what happened.

Powers Used:

Telekinesis - 3

TAGS: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Voxyn, @Helkosh, @skira

IC: Samael

As the Zombie’s head disintegrated in flame, Samael witnessed the fire stick to the wall and begin to grow. God was watching him, and he wouldn’t disappoint. The abomination didn’t seem to realize it lost its head and continued to move towards him.

He remembered the zombie’s on Korriban, and his eyes widened in terror. He focused that emotion into an attack filled with passion. THEY WILL ALL BURN!!! Was all that was going through his mind, over and over again. He snapped his fingers trying to set off a focused explosion from the middle of the abomination. He then followed up with focusing on setting the entire hall ablaze with a torrent of fire from both hand and mouth. The whole temple was contaminated in this darkness. IT WILL ALL BURN!!!

(Powers Used:
Flamusfracta - 3
Pyrokinesis - 3
Fireball Belch - 3)

@Catalyst @Undying Master Xiannarr @Darth Nathemus @Darth Kain

Last edited:
IC- Darth Arach
Onboard the Tsushima

Arach closed her eyes in an attempt to enhance her concentration. She felt an incredibly dark and violent consciousness begin to fight and struggle against her. Mentally, she gritted her teeth and buckled down.

As she neared the end of her spell, Arach felt the consciousness start to ram into her mental defenses, searching for a weakness of any kind. Searching for a way to tear her apart before going after the others.

No! You will obey me!

She heard a sound that could be taken as mocking laughter as the demon continued to fight her. Arach poured her will and determination into her spell even as the demon fought her even more. She began to feel her defense begin to crack.

Almost there, the assassin told herself. She opened her eyes and glared at the smokey figure in front of her. Submit to me!

She was so focused on finishing the spell and gaining control, the sound of the door and the light that spilled from the room beyond made her flinch. The demon saw its chance and wasted no time in taking advantage…

Just in time, Arach’s control of the demon snapped into place. She returned her glare to the demon, not daring to look through the door just yet. “Scout the next room.”

She could feel the heat of the demon’s resentment as it obeyed her command. Only after it turned away did Arach feel the physical results of her struggle. Her breathing was harsh and she felt some sweat on her forehead.

Arach passed her dagger to her left hand and wiped her forehead with the back of her right hand as she regained her breath. She happened to look down and saw the streaks of blood on the floor. She found herself following the red trail, her apprehension growing. She automatically softened her footsteps, her dagger back in her right hand and held at the ready.

Her golden eyes scanned the destruction of the room, chills running down her spine. Her gaze landed on the consoles behind the counter.

The assassin looked at a few nearby soldiers and inclined her head toward the counter. “Make sure there isn’t any threat behind that.” She gestured to some engineers next. “Once they give the all clear, see what information you can find about this ship.”

Arach, then tilted her head up to the ceiling. She began reading the ship’s flight log, her brow knitted with confusion. What happened here?

Powers Used:
Dwomutsisqa- 2(+3 free pts, lv 35 RITUAL, continued)

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Voxyn

GM’s Note: The second phase of Arach’s casting of Dwomutsiqsa rolls a 5 + 21 + 10, succeeding if only barely. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 5 allows Arach control over the Smoke Demon for six turns. Any attempts to further keep the Smoke Demon in this realm and under her control will incur further rolls.

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish’Ki
Sith Temple courtyard, Pyxis

The lightning strike blistered past him again, this time giving Sharkish’Ki the break he needed to regain his footing, and his breath, as the inhuman combusted into powder. He had nothing on his person to displace the water. Too darned traditional, he cursed himself, and his hindsight. A grenade, or a lesson in cryomancy would’ve been more than useful for this moment. Instead, he had his lightsaber and his brawn.

The creature ahead of him raised itself back to its full height, blistered and smoldering, giving off a foul stench of burnt flesh that mocked the power brought against it. Sharkish’Ki gave a second thought, and eyed his path with a frown. *Better to seek forgiveness,* he thought, briefly studying the terrain. With a deep inhale he lowered his blade out to his side, and drew on the Force, pushing himself into a brief sprint towards the statue that had supported his move against Mihi. His augmented muscles suppressed the fatigue as he fought against the winds antagonized by his movements. Footfall after footfall built his momentum before attempting a leap up onto the balcony edge, with a swing of his blade upward through the narrowest section of the adjacent statue, aiming to slice the stone with a slant enough to send the upper portion of it crashing into the obsidian puddle.

Landing on the balcony, he spun around to observe the outcome, breathing hard to feed his recovery, before looking over to Master Kento.

Powers used:
Force Body - 2
Force Speed - 1

Tags: @Darth Kain @Mihi Gaudens @Mardinga

IC: Lord Huskac
The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa
"Now, you will experience the full power of the Dark Side!" - Darth Sidious
Huskac struggled for a moment to maintain the protective barrier, but then upon observing the Shadow Being turn its attention to Lord Voxyn he sighed with relief, relaxing and lowering the barrier. From the center of the room, he found himself for a moment in the eye of a hurricane, metaphorically speaking. Chaos and confusion surrounded him in all directions but he himself was, for the moment at least, not in any imminent danger.

He scanned the room, noticing that in each conceivable direction of escape there appeared to be a conveniently distracted Shadow Being blocking his way, including the best escape route, the direction of the building's existing exit. He looked down upon his fallen men, expendable as they were to him, and a sulfurous, familiar rage filled his lungs. Who were these lesser creatures, unfathomable and horrid as they were, to kill his soldiers? By what right did they strike him, Huskac, he who brought the Lords of Tapani to their knees, he who the people of a thousand worlds called their Emperor?

Checking behind his shoulder one last time, his neck painfully reminding him of the fresh scars he now bore, he lined up his targets as best he could: the three remaining Shadow Beings. With a sharp inhale of his nostrils, putrid yellow beams of foul, dark energy shot from Huskac's palms, forking out to target each of the wretched creatures, as he sought to both end the threat and revitalize himself in the process.

Powers Used:
Drain Life 3

TAGs: @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira, @Darth Kain

IC: Grand Master Kei Durron

The purifying power of the Light was not to be trifled with in the realm of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. This was his home and it had been ever since the Massacre at Ossus forced the Jedi to retreat to their ancestral homeworld. Tython had always been a beacon of light, and that would not die this day, if the Master of the Elements had anything to say about it.

The Force flowed through every fiber of the Grand Master's being. Not only did he successfully merge his senses with those of Master Cadd and his students, but his omnidirectional burst of Light also cut the tether Dark zombies had with their ever darker puppet masters. Unseen, unheard, they were now. But they would soon be found.

Kei knew what needed to be done. The undead were a potentially limitless force. He'd heard the stories of what happened at Korriban. Had it not been for Kain's original sacrifice, the Sith there would have been completely overrun. Fighting each one head-on was surely futile, but these were thoughts hidden from his compatriots because he was sure of the next course of action. Victory was on its way, and it would come through one of the most ancient and powerful Force arts available to only the highest echelons of servants of the Light.

The Grand Master's Force focus changed from a general channeling of the pure essence of the Light to a blatantly more overt use of its power; this form was known as Force Potency. His voice boomed and echoed throughout the hallways of the Temple and his mind reached out, hoping to touch every single mind within that was not within ear's reach. "Jedi, we must all combine our efforts to expel these dark invaders from our home. Their taint will affect us no longer. For the Light always outshines the Darkness! Focus your abilities, focus your mind, and focus your heart on the purest expression of the Light and join me in erecting a Wall!"

Durron's focus narrowed, and his senses were sharp. Every aspect of his being now made its best effort to expand the effects of the Force Light. He knew that Cadd and the Younglings could feel everything he felt. Confidence and duty exuded from the essence of their Grand Master, and he hoped with everything he had that everyone would join him.

Powers used:
Force Potency: 5
Telepathy: 5
Godlike Wall of Light (two turn power, first phase): 10

TAG: @Darth Kain @Undying Master Xiannarr @Catalyst @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: Lord Volacius, the Wrath of Kain

1687882742425.png
Sunlight gleamed from the helmets and plates of his Stormtroopers and bathed Volacius’ rugged golden flesh as he stepped off the ramp of his shuttle. Volacius held the hilt of his sheathed sword as he took his first steps onto the Verdanth soil he’d just had pulverized, admiring the size of the clearing. His men had already taken to securing a defense perimeter, and in time, Volacius mused, this clearing could perhaps be turned into a military base to project power for Lord Kain’s Kingdom. But he was getting ahead of himself. What mattered now was that his forces hold this position. Burnt mud, scattered rocks, and tiny fragments of bark and tree trunks that it was, the clearing was also where Volacius hoped to flush Nephthys out. Surrounded on all sides by blaster fire, and under constant attack from three titans of the True Sith War, Volacius had no doubt that she would fall to their combined might.

Nathemus’ shuttle had landed nearby, and Volacius joined him as he approached Catalyst and Eva. The young Jedi looked much older than the last time he’d seen her. She had aged, of course, but Volacius could tell that the weight of Typhojem’s attempted apocalypse had scarred her as it had scarred everyone else that was lucky enough to have survived.

Volacius raised a discreet eyebrow as Catalyst welcomed them to the planet, expecting further hostility after his own harsh words. Nevertheless, Volacius was quite content to skip their continued squabbles and instead stay focused on the mission. The Lord of Linguistics expressed concern for Eva’s safety, a concern that Nathemus echoed.

“Indeed,” Volacius replied, “her death would be regrettable to say the least.” Volacius turned to face the young woman next. “I don’t know if you would remember me, as the last we saw of each other was during the war. Regardless, know that as the daughter of my former master, you have my protection, as well as the protection of my forces.”

Volacius then addressed all three Force-users. “Our quarry is highly dangerous,” he began, his voice loud and firm. “Eva, Lord Nathemus has already experienced a vision of Nephthys slaying all three of us. However, his vision did not include you, which leads me to believe you are key to our collective survival. After all, if Nephthys is strong enough to defeat the three of us, then she could certainly kill you as well. Unless anyone has objections, I suggest the four of us venture into Nephthys lair together.” Volacius’ weathered eyes then fell back upon Eva. “I have heard about what happened on Denova, that you are wary of your adoptive father and his motives. While I cannot say I share your pessimism, and I freely admit that I am here on Kain’s orders, I ask that you set aside those worries for now. Join us in fighting a common enemy: the True Sith remnants that lurk below the surface of this planet and even now seek to plunge the galaxy back into a war that we managed to survive by only the slimmest of margins.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

IC: Cal Vastrom

Everything was falling apart. All around the room people were dying, and it seemed that the ‘thing’ that now lived inside Sho Temm had still retained enough of the Battlemaster’s lightsaber skill to block Cal’s swing. The barrier that had been placed around Cal had saved him from the being’s retaliatory thrust towards his chest. He had an opening, and he took it.

He twirled the blade around with his right hand before taking it with both hands again and feinted that he was aiming a diagonal cut at the being’s chest before at the last second altering the angle of the swing so that it would hit the wrist holding the weapon of Sho Temm. He hoped that this gamble worked, otherwise, he could only hope this barrier would hold on a little longer.

Power Used: Djem So, (4)

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @skira, @Darth Voxyn, @Dark Lady Makaria, @Voidwalker

IC: Darth Mavros
The Tsushima

Mavros stood rather awkwardly as the sergeant addressed Lady Kolasi, who did not answer him. Obviously checking the storage room was the smart thing to do. Something, or someone, could easily be lying in wait, ready to cut off their route back to the hangar bay and trap them in a corridor.

And here I was actually starting to…’appreciate’ Lady Kolasi’s intelligence and wit. Oh well. Looks like I’ll have to give the orders. Again. Honestly, at this point they should just crown me the kriffing Emperor…

He wondered if perhaps he had gone too far with his assessment of Lord Vaer. Overstepped. But no, surely not. It was an open secret that different members of the Dark Council despised one another, though they played nice with each other in front of Hesper.

Ah, to hell with it.

“Sergeant, I think Lady Kolasi would agree with me that checking the storage room would be best before we proceeded. We don’t want something coming out of there and cutting off our route back to our ships, now do we?” Mavros suggested, politely. Taking a look at the lock, he flourished his lightsaber casually in his hand.

“Though, I recommend you don’t ‘bust’ in. Allow me.” Mavros added, stepping towards the door and plunging his lightsaber into it, attempting to cut a hole large enough for someone to enter through.

“Unless My Lady objects, of course.” He added on quickly.

Please say something…

TAG: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Zareel Jhenan´doka, @Drakul_Xarxes

IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes
Within the Eye of Typhojem

The Hand of Order had little time to absorb the events around him. His mind was focused solely on the rage he felt toward the Gatekeeper at assuming a form beautiful beyond comprehension. The mutated voice of Alcina Adasca rang in his ears as waves of pain tore through his armored body. He grunted, coughing up blood as he slowly rose from the ground to his full height.

Xarxes had experienced mental prisons before, games where the maestro could manipulate his victims into spilling their greatest secrets or committing acts that they'd normally find abhorring. He would usually be the one pulling the strings here. And yet, even without being in control, he knew well what he could do to turn the tables.

Armor did nothing in a mindscape where the limits of the imagination and strength of will determine the victor. Xarxes' armor melted off of his body as he strode toward the viridescent apparition of his beloved, the metal of the mask fading to reveal the cold visage of Amaunator Adasca, the noble Patriarch and loving husband and father. He wore his stoicism on his sleeve, but the Gatekeeper would be able to sense the raw and unfiltered rage lying beneath the surface.

"You are a leech," he hissed. "A facsimile of a person who feeds on the knowledge on the surface of the minds of those who have dared to gaze into the Eye. And yet you fail to capture anything real in your realm of falsity."

He extended his palm, his focus on the memories taken by the Gatekeeper's parasitic hunger for knowledge. He might have been no one of importance or have been anyone at all, but he held the knowledge of countless individuals. Individuals such as the Nightfather himself. All his anguish of body and mind swirling in a vortex of memories from lesser beings would now be turned against the wraith as Xarxes called upon the vile power of Memory Walk.

"
You are beneath me," he snarled. "For all your knowledge, you lack the clarity to see what is true. Now, I will show you true anguish from something real, and you will regret ever crawling out of the Eye."

Powers used: Memory Walk (4)

TAGS: @Darth Kain @Jen'nu

IC: Darth Eschaton
Boarding the Tsushima

If Eschaton had eyebrows to raise beneath the nest of metal around his scalp, he would have done so at Darth Mavros' actions. Not because it was wrong, but because it was bold, and perhaps even slightly impatient, though that was to be expected from most Sith, especially lower-ranking lords.

Regardless as to Kolasi's choice, Eschaton wholly intended to gather intelligence on the contents of the storage room, and so he once more opened his ethereal eye into the unknown.

Perhaps the quiet Queen of Onderon will speak if she knows that danger lieth in this room, or perhaps the impatience of Darth Mavros will cause the presence behind the door to attack prematurely. Time will tell. Tick-tock.

Powers Used: Force Sight (4)

TAGS: @Arach , @skira , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Voxyn , @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC: Voidwalker, Cursed Champion of the Stars

Pain shot through him, like a savage punch to the gut as the Force lashed back at him. The striking blow had been enough to cause the Cursed Champion to stumble backwards. The breath rushing from his lungs from the sting of the impact, only to be followed up by a violent crack. The snapping and shattering of his ribs and chest, causing Voidwalker to fall to his knees as he gripped at his splintered ribs. Leaning forward hunched over on his knees, in front of Voidwalker laid the severed head that had hit him in the chest like a cannon blast. The pain was excruciating, but he knew that if he could just hold out that his body would eventually start to heal itself, he just had to manage to live long enough.

From his haunched position Voidwalker could make out movements of people that he could see from the floor. Dead bodies laid about the room, people moving to and fro, something had to be done. Across the room was a large group that dressed in similar colors, moving as one unit. It had to be Hesper's people guarding her. They were heading for the door. It was clear that Hesper had intended to flee from this encounter. After everything she was choosing to run away while the rest of them were fighting for their lives.

Self-preservation above all else. She's more like him than I could ever be. She truly is the apprentice of Dreadwar.

Voidwalker could feel his hatred building, anger turning to rage at the sight of this betrayal toward the galaxy. The same betrayal he'd witnessed firsthand over a decade ago. Another body laid dead on the floor of the Hawkbat that Voidwalker clearly recognized, it was one of the Beast Riders that had accompanied Avery. Just next to the Beast Rider was another Onderonian, Derrik. He was on his knees gripping his head. One dead Beast Rider was too many Onderonians dead, Voidwalker refused to see anymore of his people die in this dump.

Damn these injuries, I will not let my people suffer.

The hatred he felt was the catalyst he needed to push through the pain. If Huscak could protect himself by diving on top of the table, then perhaps Voidwalker could do the same from under the table. Crawling would be the best way to remain unseen and to get across the room as quickly as he could in his current condition. As much as he hated the thought of moving like an insect, Voidwalker forced himself to move, he crawled under the large table and across the floor of the Howling Hawkbat to reach the Onderonian's.

The sounds of blaster fire rang out from above his position, everyone seemed to be firing at anything that moved, Voidwalker couldn't risk taking another hit before he had a chance to heal. Approaching Derrik, the thought of Hesper trying to flee again ran through his mind. He had to do something, but he was only one person he didn't have the power to stop all of them on his own, but she did. Through gritted teeth he inhaled as much air as possible and called out.

"Empress Hesper, help us! Use that power of light you used to save us long ago. If you don't we will all die!"

The last of his words left his lips and Voidwalker grimaced in pain from his ribs. He felt as if he'd almost pass out from the pain but he knew he had more to do. He couldn't give up yet, he could only hope that she heard his plea. Refocusing his attention on Derrik, Voidwalker focused all of his concentration on the broken red line of the wound on the Onderonian, pouring the Force into the intercepting red line willing his body to heal.

"I've got you Derrik," Voidwalker whispered in Onderonian. "In the name of our Queen and King, I got you brother."

Powers Used:
Dark Transfer - 10

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

Mihi had taken Mardingas lead, nudging was no longer needed; it was as if they knew what the other would do. She had been behind him for the duration from the medbay, down the hall and into the hangar.

She wasn't as familiar with this place as she would've liked to be for emergency situations. Having spent so much time just training and researching history she had put a few things to the side. No time for embarrassment or the like. She had to trust Mardinga's lead.

Before them was a variety of escape routes each with its own unique circumstances of chaos blocking the way.

Everything was shiny here. She had taken note that it seemed that anything reflective had taken on the role of being a portal for darkness that came in hordes.

Nothing in her repertoire of abilities was going to help with that. The smell of rot and decay filled her nostrils with so many undead present. She gagged. Fetid flesh sagged on the bodies of the undead.

The Knight by the starfighter seemed capable. The apprentices by the shuttle seemed to be battling against a small horde. Lastly, a freighter was engulfed by a massive horde of them.

She wagered that the freighter was a lost cause. No amount of living could clear a path through. The inside of such a large ship was also a risk. How many surfaces would be portals inside of it? She shook her head.

Would the Knight just take off without them? She knew she would. But also, she knew if she was in the Knights position she would happily share the vessel with anyone who helped her.

She rolled the figurative dice in her decision making and began fighting her way towards the Knight.

That which rots and decays will likely burn as well.

She scanned and counted six undead against the Knight. That should be manageable for the three of them if they coordinated with each other.

She reached outwardly towards the Knights mind.
'Help is on the way.' She did her best to project this along with sending an image of trying to set the undead ablaze.

She sent the same to Mardinga.

Moving forward with practiced grace she put herself within six feet of the undead nearest her and Mardinga.

Her lightsaber in her right hand, both ends lit.

She put palm outward. Focusing what energy she could muster of her pyrokinesis she directed it at the undead, hopeful that she would catch the clothes or flesh or even the skin of it on fire.

She knew escaping the planet or killing the magic wielder were their only options. Seeing as the magic wielder was likely far more powerful than she could imagine ever taking down, her goal was escape. She had no idea who or what could be creating these gateways to hell.

Abilities used:
Ataru-1
Shii-cho-1
Pyrokinesis-1
Telepathy-1

@Mardinga @Darth Kain @Sharkish’Ki

IC: Mardinga

Mardinga came to a halt upon seeing the scene within the hanger. More creatures than he had imagined were in there.

A knight! That could be useful, he just needed to clear some of the dead out. He thought for a moment as Mihi sent a message into his mind.

'Maybe I can freeze their feet to the metal. It might help.'

He attempted to send the message out to the unknown knight and to Mihi. It was a long shot he knew but if he could get one foot at least stuck they could hopefully get on the ship and use engines or possibly weapons to dispatch them.

Then he saw her shooting fire at them. Well that was something he could do as well. The magician raised his hand towards the undead and added his Pyrokinesis to hers in an attempt to burn them to ashes.

"Do anything you can to help!"

Mardinga shouted to the knight amidst the undead hoping the higher rank would listen. He'd take whatever punishment for barking orders at a knight when they all survived. That was his main goal now.

Powers Used
Telepathy 1
Pyrokinesis (free)

Tags: @Darth Kain @Sharkish’Ki @Mihi Gaudens

IC: Avery Sunka
Nar Shaddaa

As his saber tore into the side of the shadow being, he found even he was not immune to the strong stench of it. He gagged as the green organs burnt
around his saber. But he only found himself able to focus on it for a moment, until he heard two of his men hit the ground. He turned his head slightly, catching the sight of Derrik on his knees clutching his head, and Myn laying on the ground, with blood oozing from his skull.

Deep, horrible mourning overcame him for a moment, nearly knocking the wind out of him. He could see it on Derrik’s face, his distress was not just for his own physical pain.

“Cover them! Shoot at anyone that approaches!” He shouted at his remaining guards, and grunted as he pushed his strength into his saber, attempting to sever the rest of the way through the shadow being. The guards did as they were told, forming a close circle around Derrik and the body of Myn and shooting their blasters once more.

Kriff this day.

Powers Used:
Djem So - 3

Tags: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @Voidwalker

IC: Lady Kolasi
Aboard the Tsushima

Kolasi’s eyes seemed to stare blankly at the soldier as he spoke. Though, she didn’t actually hear him. Ringing echoed in her ears, a lump growing in her throat as a deep, unnerving pain shot through her brain in less than a second. Her hand slowly rose in the air, ceasing anymore speaking after Mavros spoke.

She heard the faint echo of Avery’s grunt, the sound of his saber, and the deep grief for one of his shoulders. She didn’t know for sure what had happened leading up to it, but she knew he was distraught. The Onderonians were all so connected to their Queen and King, more so than they probably realized.

“That’s…” She started, her mind slowly processing what had been said. Anger quickly began to replace the grief she had felt, and she grabbed her saber from her waist.

“I’ll do it myself,” She said, stepping past them and igniting her saber, stabbing into the door of the storage room in an attempt to cut through and open it.

Powers Used:
Force Bond - 4 (Passive)

Tags: @Arach , @Drakul_Xarxes , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Voxyn , @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC: Darth Voxyn

The lightning never hit its target. Instead, Voxyn found himself blasted backward, bouncing off the floor and getting banged up more by hitting the ground in his armor before rolling to a stop face down on the floor.

“I need a new plan.” Voxyn said through teeth gritted in pain as he managed to push himself to his hands and knees. Everything hurt, and he was not sure how well he would hold up against another attack like that. Directly ahead of him, he could see Hesper and Makaria, ever the fearless leaders of the Sith Order, trying to get through a closed door so they could flee. Looking around, he could see the Shadow Being that had blasted him, as well as two others freed from their disguises, now present in their true forms.

Should he try to get out with Hesper? No, Voxyn was many things, intelligent, beautiful beyond peer, skilled in the force, but he’s also a stubborn ass. He was not going to run with his tail between his legs, these things needed to die. Hesper would be very helpful in that endeavor, but she appeared to have chosen not to fight, and he doubted anything he said was gonna change her mind. Then he saw Voidwalker, he was crawling under the table for some reason. What was he doing? Voidwalker wasn’t one to run from a fight, then it clicked. He was crawling towards the Onderonians, he had probably gone under the table to go undetected till he reached a better position. Then he heard Voidwalker calling for help from Hesper.

If he was going to stay in the fight, Voxyn needed to get some space so he could heal some of his injuries, and Voidwalker had shown him probably the only place he was going to get that space. Dropping his lightning shield, he made a quick dash for the table, crawling under it and finding himself next to Voidwalker. Placing his hand on his own chest and letting the force flow through him, he tried to heal his injuries.

“I don’t know about Hesper and Makaria,” Voxyn began as he looked from his chest to Voidwalker. “But I will help you. I will admit... It is possible I was wrong about you all. Let's get rid of these things.”

Powers Used: Dark Side Healing 4

TAG: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @corinthia @Dark Lady Makaria @Cardun Vrek @Helkosh @skira

IC: Knight Zareel Jhenan’doka
Eastern Hallway, The Tsushima

Zareel’s eyes went to each of the lords after the sergeant asked for instructions; there were better ways to be reprimanded, insulted or worse than by trying to give instructions to a higher rank… especially with the ones with her. ‘Don’t hurry, we have all the time in the universe.’ she thought as she moved closer to a wall on the opposite side of the storage room.

She just fiddled with her saber in her place. Mavros made a suggestion, but being a coward qualified her to recognize one of her kind. He wouldn't actually take the risk. Lady Kolasi apparently had half of her marbles lost at the moment; at least until she threw herself to open the door. The other… that guy was just so weird… Anyway, she wouldn't move until something came out or a few of the group had advanced; one more saber in the same place and they would start to stab each other in their ankles and not precisely by accident.

Tags: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek

IC: Khatt Douw.
Eye of Typhojem

The Voices:

IMG_6150.JPGThe words washed over her, piercing her mind like icicles and shattering into blades of empty loneliness. But it wasn’t true, it couldn’t be true. But she felt its truth.
Shentha hissed, but at what she couldn’t tell. Azhura, where was he? Could it be true? No it couldn’t be. But what if it…?
The voices began to return, whizzing about like insects, and just as noisy. She knew it was true. She knew it could not possibly be true.
Her brain was about to split in two.
You worship the one that has taken everything from you.

Is this all you have?

The buzzing began coalescing into a chorus. But who was He talking to?

The definition of madness in action. One bit of mimicry was apparently not enough for this meretricious third-rate. Doubling down on a cheap trick does not make the trick any less cheap. It is merely an amateurish attempt to arbitrarily increase its value.

But how could she know…

You already know what you want, and you already know that this shade of ignobility is trying to stop you with a now continuous stream of cheap tricks. Speaking with the same voice as a God among mortals does not alter factual value.

But if the truth…

Since the birth of reality neither ‘truth’ nor ’lies’ have ever truly existed. The only things that have truly existed are immaculate and immutable facts. People dismiss what is inconvenient as lie, and cling to what is convenient as truth. This is natural. Not knowing what to believe is normal. Normal people can thus only live as such. But We, o darling, are not normal people. We are the vessel for all life that has ever existed. The only purpose with any true value is transcendence to universal existence. What do you think We have been working towards through all of Our collective existence?

IMG_5430.jpgBut…
Every atom of her being erupted in an otherworldly inferno. For a moment she saw a glimpse of Him. The real Him. She could for a mere moment sense the primal desire at the core of His being. And it was her desire as well.

O Blessed King of Longing.
Now, this thing is standing in Our way. Take all it has left.
I will kill it.
We will scourge it from the face of the galaxy.
Now.

NOW!

And They could see in their mind’s eye, the fiery smite that incinerated all before Them in psychic holy fire. An ear-shredding shriek blasted from Their astral projection, akin to a planet cracking in half, a wave of tenebrous terror that would reduce the listener’s mind to a sobbing void.

O paltry rag, vanish from our sight!

(Powers used: Sith Illusions > 4. Summon Fear > 4. Attempting to overwhelm the Gatekeeper with telepathic anguish.)

(TAG: @Darth Kain, @Drakul_Xarxes)

IC: Empress Hesper, the Butcher of Coruscant
"Peace Summit" - Howling Hawkbat - Nar Shaddaa
"Enough!"

Hesper's bellow echoed through the room, and she turned from the door she had been transfixed on—a complicated miasma of emotions had clouded her mind but for a brief moment, and in that short time it seemed that chaos had unfolded. Makaria was struggling with the doors, Voidwalker had been gravely injured, Onderonian guards were dropping, Huskac was... on the table... and Hesper's own retinue was taking hits. Immediately, it was clear something had changed: Hesper's unscarred eye was flecked with crimson and gold, a small but telltale sign of the corruption she was being so careful to hide.

Internally, Hesper cursed Kain, her thoughts a tangle of dark threads knotting and fraying.

She raised a hand, fingers crooked and cruel, and from her palm a ripple of darkness spread, leeching outwards through the chaos. Her lips worked the ancient words which summoned this spell as she drew upon the vile sorcery which she so rarely touched. This foul magick seeped into the air and weighed it down with darkness and despair, whickering away the will of all.

And then, with a sinister glimmer of her scarred eye, Hesper gazed at something entirely intangible: she sought for any cracks, any faultlines at which her black miasma of Sith sorcery might pool and gather. Any point at which she might make this bizarre peace summit... shatter. Anything which might help her control this madness.

"Enough." She repeated. "We need to be done with this folly."

TAG:
@Darth Kain, @Voidwalker , @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

Powers used:
Waves of Darkness - 5
Shatterpoint - 5

GM UPDATE

IC: Darth Vaer
Flight Lounge, The Tsushima

The demon that Arach had summoned into this world did her bidding without any further audible outcry, its horrid form slinking into the nearest room beyond, passing through a closed door to an area labeled as a control room. What it controlled was anyone’s guess.

Her commands to the soldiers and engineers had a similar effect, with the troopers bravely venturing just a few steps beyond the counter. One, a corporal named Chen, called out across the room. “Seeing some more blood on the floor over here. No bodies to report, though. It’s clear.”

“There’s a lot of blood here for no bodies,”
Vaer murmured. “Must mean they were taken somewhere else.” Or eaten, if whatever was on this ship was fine with eating the bones and all. He wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.

An engineer followed through with his own order given by Lady Arach, stepping over the puddle of blood behind the counter and making his way to the terminal. He was a Twi’lek with amber skin and his lekku wrapped safely around his own neck, a style practical for someone in his line of work. He began to work his magic, cracking into the terminal with ease.

“No logs here, but I’m getting damage reports in,” he said. “Kriff. Half the Tsushima is in the red. Comms, engines, the guidance system…”

“Tell me something useful,”
Vaer barked.

“I-I can restore some of the power,” the engineer stammered. “Okay, there’s ventilation. Elevators should be next…”

Suddenly, the dim lights of the room flashed a violent crimson, and an alarm began to blare throughout the room. It sounded like some sort of cattle being slaughtered.

An automated voice sounded. “WARNING: HAZARDOUS ANOMALY DETECTED. QUARANTINE ACTIVATED.”

“This another malfunction?” Vaer asked.

“No, my lord. Th-the quarantine systems are all fine.”

The tenebrous form of Arach’s smoke demon returned through the door it had passed through, its glowing eyes matching the blood-red of the rest of the room. Its voice was somewhere between the skittering of a spider and the growl of a territorial dog.

“They are coming.”

Picsart_23-06-29_17-42-06-693.pngAn unholy symphony of unsettling clicks, bone-cracking contortions, and hisses filled the air, echoing through the metallic labyrinth that surrounded them. It was as Arach had sensed before. Their enemy was unseen, but it would not remain that way for long.

A bony, sword-like arm protruded from the ceiling, swinging violently for the head of Cpl. Chen. The trooper raised his blaster, calling out the creature’s location as he fired back at the thing’s twisted appendage. He did not see the full-standing creature that was now behind him. It was a perverse manifestation of twisted horror. Its flesh stretched tautly across elongated limbs, exposing muscle and sinew to the rotating crimson lights. The jagged spikes of its arms wasted no time in burying themselves in the back of the corporal, tearing through his armor as if it were made of tissue paper. The thing unleashed a blood-curdling cry that drowned out the straining gurgles of the man drowning in his own blood before it tore him in twain, each half of the trooper flying in opposite directions.

And more began to burst through the walls and ceiling. One burst forth from the wall nearest to Vitani, wanting to leap atop her and tear her apart with its malformed limbs. A pair dropped from the ceiling just ahead of Arach, their lifeless eyes set on her mortal flesh. And others were coming, a horde of these monstrosities drawn by the smell of the living.

TAGS: @Arach, @Darth Voxyn

IC: Sergeant Luceno

The Eastern Hallway, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-06-29_17-51-14-895.jpg

It seemed that Luceno had caught the Dark Lady at a bad time. He was a patient man, but Lord Mavros was not. The Sith Lord had already cut through the majority of the storage room door by the time Lady Kolasi took over, finishing the job with her lightsaber. The exchange seemed like a strange play for power by the both of them, but Luceno learned a long time ago to not question why Sith did the things they did. That was a good way to get your windpipe crushed.

The durasteel collapsed to the floor, its edges molten. A hole large enough for even the biggest among them was made, allowing them entry to the storage room. It was not a grand room by any means, and one could tell that this was simply one of many such rooms aboard the Tsushima. But there were some useful goods on the tightly packed shelves if anyone dared to take them. Spare blaster power packs, fusion cutters, coils of durasteel cable, some spare engine coolant, and an inactive maintenance droid.

The distant sound of alarms could be heard here, coming from the direction that Lord Vaer’s team had taken. But such worries were not relevant here. They could loot the storage room, venture on through the hall they were already passing through, or they could attempt to aid the other half of their team if they so chose. The decision was on their shoulders.

TAGS: @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

OOC: Mavros cutting into the door with his lightsaber rolls a natural 20, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 19 - 2 will cut through the majority of the door before Kolasi takes over.

Kolasi follows up with her own lightsaber and rolls 14 + 20 + 10, also succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 14 + 2 finishes the job that Mavros started, and a sizable hole is cut through the storage room door.

IC: Knight Skelter

Main Hangar, Sith Temple, Pyxis

Picsart_23-06-29_17-55-23-888.jpg

Skelter was a brute of a human, standing head and shoulders over the undead that surrounded him. That did little to help him on its own, but his long arms and his lightsaber seemed to be keeping the creatures at bay for now. He just needed to get on this fighter and get off this cursed planet.

But then a pair of voices entered his mind, ones that he certainly wasn’t used to. One was feminine in nature but far too muted to be understood completely. The other’s was more pronounced, and though no clear words could really be heard in his head, Skelter knew that this pair of voices were coming to aid him. That was good. And also bad.

Good to help him kill these kriffing undead. Or better, to distract the zombies as he made a run for it.

Bad if they survived and wanted this two-seater ride for themselves.

He spotted them as they cast forth waves of meager flame, the fires licking against the flesh of the undead and earning their attention. One was a woman and another a man, both wearing colorful attire that seemed out of place for a Sith temple. His would-be saviors had given them the opportunity he needed.

One could never trust another Sith.

With the zombies having their attention torn between two meals and one large one, Skelter pressed on the opportunity provided. A push of telekinetic might sent the undead and the apprentices backward, giving him the space and time he needed to climb aboard the starfighter. A few button presses lowered the cockpit’s windscreen, shielding him beneath a layer of transparisteel. Mihi and Mardinga would have to move quickly if they wanted to prevent this Knight from flying off with their ticket off this world, and if they wanted to avoid the dead that were now rising to pay them back for those blasts of pyromancy.

TAGS: @Mihi Gaudens, @Mardinga

OOC: Mihi’s use of Telepathy rolls 15 + 3 + 2, matching the Knight’s DC and succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 3 - 2 however, makes her thoughts barely registrable to the Sith Knight.

Her use of Pyromancy then rolls a 16 + 3 + 2, succeeding. 1d6 is rolled for Heat Damage, rolling a 2. The six zombies have their HP reduced to 18.

Mardinga’s follow-up usage of Telepathy rolls 13 + 7 + 2, also succeeding. His Effect Modifier rolls an 11, conveying that he and Mihi are there to help without the words being fully audible in the Knight’s mind.

His Pyromancy rolls 11 + 7 + 2, succeeding. 2d6 are rolled for Heat Damage, rolling 4 + 3. The six zombies have their HP reduced to 11.

Knight Skelter’s Force Push rolls 10 + 10 + 5, successfully breaching the DC of the zombies and of Mihi and Mardinga. 2d4 are rolled for Blunt Damage on all of them, rolling 4 + 2. The six zombies have their HP reduced to 5. Mihi has her HP reduced to 4, and Mardinga has his HP reduced to 7.

IC: Damian Kento

Courtyard, Sith Temple, Pyxis

Every step that Sharkish’Ki took seemed to inflict its own minute amount of agony, culminating in a pain that spread through every fiber of his being. His body was moving forward as he willed it, allowing him to dash toward the statue, but certainly not with ease. The unfortunate side effect of Force Body was that it was a very short-term-thinking ability. A boost to get you through the current danger, like a shot of adrenaline. But just like adrenaline, if it sits in your system long enough, it becomes a deadly poison, and that was exactly what was beginning to happen to Sharkish’Ki now, even as his lightsaber found its mark.

The statue, once made to memorialize the late Lord Sedicious, toppled. It crashed down into the blackened puddle, sending the water spraying into the sky, cutting off the undead’s only entry point in the courtyard, and sending the zombie that was crawling out of it back to whatever hell it came from. Rubble was spread around the courtyard from the statue’s collapse, providing new, stony obstacles between the last remaining zombie here and the Sith that were about to destroy it.

Damian unleashed one final torrent of his lightning, the golden forks bombarding the already charred flesh of the creature with further torment. Flesh buckled beneath the voltage of Kento’s hatred, and within moments, the zombie dissolved into a pile of ash and blackened bone. They were safe, for the time being. But there was more chaos stirring within the temple, as the Force surely would have warned them. They would need to escape, and quickly.

“We can take the escape route through the tunnels or head for the hangar,” Damian told Sharkish’Ki. “Can you move?”

TAG:
@Sharkish’Ki

OOC: Sharkish’Ki’s attempt at reusing Force Body rolls 16 + 7 + 2, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 4 allows him just enough energy to pull the moves in this turn off. However, as this is the second time he’s used this ability to push himself past his normal endurance levels (without any rest in between) I will roll 1d4 for damage due to the long-term effects of repeated uses of Force Body. It rolls a 1, reducing his HP to 10.

His Force Speed then rolls 12 + 7 + 2, succeeding. The Effect Modifier of 5 allows him to move a bit faster than he normally could, allowing him to reach the statue in this turn with enough time left to perform his next move.

His swing of the lightsaber at the statue rolls a natural 20, successfully cutting down the statue in its intended direction.

Kento’s Sith Lightning rolls 18 + 15 + 5, succeeding. 3d6 is rolled for Shock Damage, rolling 6 + 4 + 3. The zombie is disintegrated.

IC: Eva

The Crater, Verdanth

Picsart_23-06-29_18-06-35-064.jpg

“The True Sith are gone, Volacius,” she said, her stare matching his gaze. “The only bits that remain are lone survivors, like the Jedi of my time. But the True Sith are not like the Jedi were, willing to work together to overthrow a common enemy. They will do as they always have done: serve themselves.” Eva shook her head at the pair of Nathemus and Volacius.

“And it isn’t pessimism that makes me refuse to aid my father in his schemes. I watched him return to Vitae in a storm of fire. I found him carrying my mother’s corpse into the Pool of Knowledge. I watched as he created an illusion of her to sate his own ego, to distract him from the fact that he probably killed her.” Her eyes were welling, but she refused to let a single tear escape them. This was righteous fury in her heart now, pouring out the words she’d kept from Apollo and the rest of the galaxy. “Then I received a vision of him using my brother to cast this galaxy into darkness the moment the people refuse to bow to his rule. He’s insane, driven mad by his resurrection.”

Gritted teeth did little to muddle her words. “He is willing to forsake his crown just to burn everything down.”

Interrupting her from her rant was a soldier, his white armor scuffed with a few scrapes and the stains of Verdanth’s dirt. “My lords,” he said, “we found a cave just a hundred meters out to the southeast. A squad went in to clear the way but they aren’t answering their comms.”

TAGS:
@Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst, @Volacius

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

The Mindscapes of the Gatekeeper

The Shade of Alcina Adasca smiled at the Nightfather’s words. It was a cruel grin, laced with invisible venom that Xarxes wouldn’t need an All-Seeing Eye to perceive. His attempt to breach the consciousness within the Eye of Typhojem seemed to be for naught, as neither the Gatekeeper nor Xarxes experienced the former’s worst, most torturous thoughts. All that remained here was the void, and the chastisement of the one that guarded the path to Beyond.

“How quaint then, that a leech beneath the almighty Nightfather of Arkania is too powerful for you to conquer,” the Shade laughed. “The truth is as I see it, and what I see before me is a man afraid. Your fear has directed your course ever since your pitiful childhood, a childhood where you were beneath your own mother more times than not.”

The Gatekeeper’s words were utterly vile. “And now you have some facsimile of a family to protect. You bear the devotion, but lack the will to do what is necessary. And for that, you are not worthy. Begone.”

Emerald lightning leaped from the outstretched form of Alcina Adasca, the violent energy attempting to strike Lord Xarxes in his bared chest. But the energy simply washed over him, his fury and desire for dominance acting as a shield against this reckless hatred.

In a neighboring void, Khatt Douw bent to the will of the Khattazz al’Yun’o and let loose with an abhorrent combination of dark magicks against the false god before her. Whatever dark imaginations that could cause a Gatekeeper of the Eye of Typhojem to fear were not perceptible by mortal kind, but that did not stop the Shade of the Jen’nu from hissing in disdain for the psychic attack that had been lashed out against it.

“Live the lie then, child of Yun-Yuuzhan,” it snarled. “And die with it.”

Malefic, viridian energy spawned from the hand of the false Ānhrā Māhnîu, a spear of hatred that launched with the force of a turbolaser at the exposed Shentha. It collided with her form, breaching her defenses and overwhelming her with its sheer malice made manifest. Flesh felt charred and broken, bone felt bruised and splinting. The simple act of breathing would seem impossible for the briefest of moments. But she had survived. Perhaps her god truly was with her, for few could survive such an attack.

And now she had her chance to destroy the thing that took his face.

Kain’s own war was not so far away, and he too battled with the Gatekeeper’s truth. He was losing.

“I can’t be without her,” Kain sobbed. “She was everything.”

“Another lie,”
the burnt Shade of Abaddon hissed. “She was a comfort, a luxury. Something to ease your maddened mind. A mortal woman with a fine body, tolerable personality, and the ability to bear you the son you require to defeat your enemies.”

“I never saw her that way,” the Beloved King snarled. “And don’t you dare speak of her that way.”

“That is what she was, in the end. After all, your traitorous Emperor designed your union that way.”

Kain’s eyes narrowed. “What?”

“You never found it out? She was the sister of his Hand, a tool of his tool. He knew you were a threat to his rule, to his plans. So he organized your meeting, placed false prophecies to guide her in your direction. It was child’s play. You fell for her so easily.”

“No.”
Kain shook his head. “No.”

“Yes. If only he foresaw that your love for her would prove strong enough for you to sacrifice yourself to save the galaxy she lived in. Perhaps he would have done the universe a favor and simply killed the both of you when he had the chance.”

“Odojinya!”

Webs of fiery, dark energy ensnared the charred form of Abaddon, wrapping around her like a net of flame. The Gatekeeper cried out in anguish as its power began to be sapped from it, draining its power not only in this mindscape, but in all its others. No more would the Beloved King or his allies be trapped by this creature of contempt.

Kain knelt before the fiery, webbed simulacra of his wife. “You will suffer for the pain you’ve caused me,” he said. “When I am done, there will be nothing left of you. Whoever you once were, eons ago, when your consciousness was put inside this vile machine, will be forgotten entirely. You will be worse than dead. You will be nothing at all.”

TAGS:
@Drakul_Xarxes, @Jen’nu

OOC: Xarxes’ use of Memory Walk rolls 5 + 20 + 10, failing to overcome the DC of the Shade of Alcina. It fails to take effect.

The Shade of Alcina uses Sith Lightning, rolling 8 + 20 + 10 and failing to overcome Xarxes’ DC.

Khatt’s use of Sith Illusions rolls 16 + 19 + 5, breaching the DC of the Shade of the Jen’nu. Since it is being used in conjunction with Summon Fear, I am going to roll for an Effect Modifier which will buff the Summon Fear by varying degrees. It rolls 17 - 2, providing a +5 bonus to the following use of Summon Fear.

Her use of Summon Fear then rolls 9 + 19 + 5 + 5, matching the Shade’s DC and succeeding. 4d6 of Psychic Damage is rolled, rolling 4 + 3 + 4 + 2. The Shade of the Jen’nu’s HP is reduced to 25.

The Shade of the Jen’nu retaliates with Sutta Chwituskak, rolling 17 + 19 + 5 and succeeding. 4d10 of Magic Damage is rolled for, rolling 2 + 4 + 1 + 3. Khatt’s HP is reduced to 18.

Kain’s use of Odojinya rolls 15 + 25 + 10, matching the DC of the Shade of Abaddon and succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 10 fully ensnares the Gatekeeper, trapping the Shade of Abaddon and cutting the DC of its other Shades in half to reflect its weakened state.

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

The Jedi Temple, Tython

Picsart_23-06-29_18-17-28-737.jpg

The headless zombie exploded in fiery, bloody viscera before the maddened Samael, spraying its remains about the hall as the Devaronian unleashed his zealotry upon the Jedi Temple. Fire spewed like geysers from his hands and mouth, a trio of flamethrowers that bathed both the last zombie in the hall and the very hall itself. The sole remaining undead in the path of Samael burned away in seconds, all evidence of its existence being a scattered pile of ashes. And then the entire corridor began to burn, Samael’s unholy fury spreading like literal wildfire. The floor that the undead had been crawling out of was scorched beyond repair, cutting off the reflective portal that their dark masters had been using.

As one half of the temple began to go up in flames, the other only felt like it was about to. Kain stared daggers at the Jedi Knight as his hand brushed against Apollo, Keldro’s healing arts easing whatever pain Apollo had been suffering. He then had the audacity to try and whisper something to Brooke, something that Kain focused his hearing on with ease.

“What do you need me to do, how can we get you and the boy away?”

The Beloved King stepped closer. “There is nowhere in the galaxy he is safer than he is with me.” He did not even need to wave a hand to create the portal, a fiery gate between this world and Hastur. A shimmering image of their destination played within the circle of flames, showing a throne room dedicated to the existence of the Beloved King of the Stars. “Brooke, take my son through that portal and wait for me. If you do this, I will return the favor by saving this temple and everyone in it.”

He did not feel the need to say what would happen if she refused.

Meanwhile, between the fury of Samael and the choice of Brooke, Kei Durron sent his message throughout the Temple. Every Jedi, from Keldro and Thala to the younglings heard his thoughts. They were to contribute their energy, their love for the light, their dedication to goodness, so that he may purge this temple of all its foul invaders in a single stroke. All they would need to do is oblige his request, and they would save the Jedi Temple.

Kain and Samael both sensed this as well, though not as telepathic messages. Rather, the Force was warning them of what was going to happen. The Lightbringer would know that he would need to leave this temple immediately if he wanted to survive, and the Beloved King would know what power the Grandmaster was about to unleash on the dark beings here. It was a move that did not take into account Kain or Samael, but Kain did not vilify Durron for it. He’d do the same, and had done the same.

But Brooke, being both outside of Durron’s telepathic direction and not a dark being in need of a warning, did not know that the temple’s salvation was already imminent. And if the Jedi near her dared to warn her, Kain would not hesitate to end their pathetic lives. This was his one opportunity to save his son and a friend of old from the coming war. He would not let it slip past.

TAGS: @Darth Nathemus, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Catalyst, @Undying Master Xiannarr

OOC: Samael’s use of Flamusfracta on the headless zombie rolls 2 + 13 + 5, matching the zombie’s DC and succeeding. 3d8 are rolled for Heat Damage, rolling 4 + 5 + 6. It explodes into varying pieces and stops moving.

His use of Pyromancy rolls 6 + 13 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 11 + 3 allows him to damage the zombies and spread fire to the surrounding area. I will roll total damage after I roll his Fireball Belch.

His Fireball Belch rolls 3 + 13 + 5, also succeeding. Another Effect Modifier is rolled for, rolling 8 + 3. The flames he is breathing will not stretch as far as the flames spewing from his hands. Now, I will roll for the damage of both the Pyrokinesis and Fireball Belch together as 3d8 of Heat Damage (essentially with the same value as a crit of Pyrokinesis, which is normally a d6). It rolls 6 + 7 + 8, depleting the zombie’s HP to 0 and burning it away to force it to stop moving. The fire he is creating is now engulfing the entire main hallway of the Jedi Temple and is spreading quickly. The fire is sufficient in scorching the floor and removing the reflective surface there.

Keldro’s usage of Force Potency rolls a 5 + 10 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 2 grants him a +4 bonus to his Force rolls for this turn and his next.

His usage of Force Heal then rolls 14 + 10 + 5 + 4, succeeding as well. An Effect Modifier of 9 + 2 allows him to fully heal Apollo an unspecified amount of HP.

Finally, Keldro uses Force Meld, rolling 18 + 10 + 5, succeeding. The Effect Modifier of 3 - 2, however, barely reinforces the bond that he already shares with Brooke to the point of being nigh-nonexistent.

Kain’s Force Travel rolls 9 + 25 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 10 creates a stable, safe portal to Hastur.

Kei Durron’s Force Potency rolls 6 + 24 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 15 + 8 gives him a +7 Bonus to his Force rolls this turn and his next.

His use of Telepathy then rolls 11 + 24 + 10, successfully broadcasting his message to the mind of every Jedi in the temple. An Effect Modifier of 14 - 4 muddles the words a bit, but they all know what he wants them to do.

And finally, the first roll for this Wall of Light begins. I will arbitrate the roll in the first phase to be for summoning the Wall, and the rolls in its second phase determining the damage to the undead (and any other dark beings) in the temple and whether or not it surpasses all of their DC. So, for its first phase, the Wall of Light rolls 19 + 24 + 10, definitely succeeding. Durron simply needs to continue with summoning in his next post, and we’ll see the results in the next GM update.

Kain and Samael both have to roll for instinctive Precognition, for they are both in danger if the Wall of Light succeeds with them within the temple walls. Kain’s Precognition rolls 15 + 25 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 15 + 10 gives him a clear warning of what is about to transpire. Samael’s Precognition rolls 15 + 13 + 5, also succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 11 + 3 warns him that he needs to vacate the premises if he wishes to survive.

IC: Pandora

More blasterfire erupted from the guns of the Onderonians, and now with vengeance in their hearts, their shots struck true. A bolt found each of the three guards nearest them, hitting non-vital areas such as shoulders, legs, and guts. But the fourth bolt found a noble that had revealed itself as one of the vile monstrosities, and that bolt landed right between the eyes. He dropped to the floor, lifeless, as the blackened vapors of the Shadow Being crawled out of his agape mouth and nostrils. It floated into another portal in the ceiling, thankfully disappearing beyond the veil and from beyond their sight.

Avery was not as lucky. For though his lightsaber struck true, cleaving the guard he’d fatally wounded in two, the Shadow Being within that guard was not so eager to leave this party behind. Its intangible claws became tangible, hoping to tear into Avery’s throat. But the barrier encompassing him proved to be a much-needed defense, forcing the creature to try and tear through it rather than the King of Onderon.

And Cal, well, he was going through something similar. His misdirected blow struck true, perhaps even truer than he had intended. His blade of plasma, meant to slice through Sho’s weapon-bearing wrist, cleaved through the arm and into the dead Kel Dor’s side. With a final, terrifying gasp, the puppet body of Sho Temm collapsed, its invisible strings cut. But the Shadow Being residing within him was not keen on letting the Jedi savor this victory. It crawled out of Sho’s wounds, hovering before the Jedi Master with evil intent. It willed the forces of entropy to seep into Cal’s flesh and bones, to force the passage of centuries into seconds. But the barrier prevented such malevolence from passing onto Cal, saving him from the Shadow Being’s might for the moment.

Huskac, unfortunately, did not understand the nature of what he was facing. The Shadow Beings had no life for him to take, no such positive energy to drain. They were purely negative, unnatural entities that served something far greater, and far worse, than anything Huskac had ever encountered. The act of trying to drain such wounds in the Force was detrimental, and the Emperor of the Tapani Sector would quickly realize this as his attack started to backfire on himself. Thankfully, he’d stopped the attack quickly enough to prevent any serious damage.

Beneath Huskac, hiding underneath the grand table of this grand mess, were Lord Voxyn and Voidwalker. The former began to weave the dark side into a healing agent, as he was currently out of the fire, and began to heal himself of his wounds. The latter willed his emotion through the crimson cracks in Derrik’s broken body, pouring his energy into healing the Beastrider of his wounds. The miraculous, and deceptively devious, power of Dark Transfer willed Derrik’s body back to its full might, despite his previous injuries. Voidwalker, among his own injuries and upon the use of this lifesaving miracle, would feel extremely exhausted. His healing blood should begin kicking in any moment now, but that would prove useless if he kept sustaining damage like this.

Away from the central chaos, Lady Makaria continued to pull the door open with her telekinetic prowess. After what would feel like ages to her, she would sigh in relief as that door finally slid all the way open. Their path to the outside world was there. They’d simply need to take it.

That is, until the Empress of the Final Sith Order finally unleashed her power upon the whole of this summit.

The very air turned dark and malefic, matching the energy of the Shadow Beings that continued their assault upon mortalkind. Those creatures, even the ones still housed within their fleshy disguises, paid no mind to the Empress’ dark power, as it was not too dissimilar from their own. But everyone else, they would feel the brunt of her hatred.

Fearful thoughts, palpitating hearts, and visions of madness would ensnare all that dared to exist within the Howling Hawkbat. Their minds would wail with agony, begging them to escape this place and this dark energy before their sanity was entirely consumed.

But there were those that were already weakened by the events of this horrific summit, and their minds could not take the evil of the Empress. The two Federation troopers that had been injured by the shrapnel of the telekinetic explosion moments prior were now scrambling for the door, breaking formation and screaming like their lungs had no limit. One of Hesper’s own guards and one of her priestesses followed suit, abandoning their Empress and sprinting to freedom from this terrifying wave of energy. And even the last surviving noble of this affair, the only one not revealed as some agent of the Father of Shadows, began to run for the exit. But she was unfortunate enough to trip over one of her fallen comrades, and with no other options present in her fractured mind, she began to smack her own head against the floor, anything to escape the darkness.

The Shadow Beings hissed with simultaneous laughter at the Empress of the Sith, for as her eyes perceived the Shatterpoints of the room, she would see two things. Pandora, Voidwalker, Cal Vastrom, and Hesper were the key Shatterpoints of this assembly; their lives and their words were essential in determining the outcome of this horror. And she also witnessed the Shatterpoints of the Shadow Beings. They were real, no tricks of illusion or anything else. They were beings of utter darkness, only forced out by the power of light or immense might. This was no folly. It was a massacre.

TAGS: @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

OOC: The remaining Onderonian guards fire their blasters at the nearby Shadow Being Hosts, rolling 16 + 13 + 5 and succeeding. 1d10 of Plasma Damage is rolled for the four nearest hosts, rolling a 9, a 10, a 7, and a 2. Three of the closest hosts are guards, whose HP are lowered to 11, 13, and 18 respectively. The Shadow Noble nearest to the Onderonians has his HP reduced to 0. The coin flips heads, and the Shadow Being from the noble’s corpse escapes.

Avery’s Djem So cut into the injured Shadowed Guard rolls with advantage since his saber is already inside it, rolling 17 + 11 + 5 and successfully breaching its DC. 3d10 are rolled for further Plasma Damage, rolling 9 + 2 + 1, reducing the Shadowed Guard’s HP to 0. The coin flips tails. The Shadow Being stays to retaliate against Avery.

That Shadow Being attacks Avery physically, incurring a STR roll. It rolls 4 + 20, failing to overcome Avery’s DC with Pandora’s Barrier.

Cal’s clever attack with Djem So will roll with advantage. It rolls a natural 20, succeeding. 4d12 are rolled for Plasma Damage, rolling 6 + 7 + 3 + 10. Shadowed Sho’s HP is reduced to 0. The coin flips tails, and the Shadow Being remains to retaliate against Cal.

That Shadow Being uses Darkshear, rolling 6 + 20 + 10, failing to overcome Cal’s DC with Pandora’s Barrier.

Huskac’s attempt to Drain Life from the Shadow Beings automatically fails, as they have no life essence to drain from. In fact, as servants of the Father of Shadows, attempting this will incur 1d4 of Necrotic Damage on Huskac to account for their unnatural connection to the Force and other, darker forces. It only rolls a 1 thankfully, reducing Huskac’s HP to 15.

Voxyn’s Dark Side Healing rolls 13 + 18 + 5, succeeding. 3d6 will be rolled for healing, rolling 5 + 6 + 2 and restoring Voxyn’s HP to 28.

Voidwalker’s Dark Transfer will roll 10 + 21 + 10, succeeding. 10d10 are rolled for healing, rolling 7 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 8 + 1 + 4 + 8. Derrik’s HP is fully restored.

Makaria’s use of Telekinesis rolls 9 + 16 + 5, succeeding. The Effect Modifier of 13 + 1 pulls the door open the rest of the way.

Hesper’s use of Waves of Darkness rolls an 8 + 24 + 10, surpassing the DC of everyone else in the room. Unfortunately, this ability has no effect on Shadow Beings, but it is affecting everyone else. 5d4 will be rolled for Psychic Damage on every non-Shadow Being in the room, rolling 4 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2. The HP of each affected character is as follows:
Pandora - 27
Injured Hasturan Guard - 4
Hasturan Guard - 14
Voidwalker - 9
Darth Huskac - 4
Darth Voxyn - 16
Cal Vastrom - 24
Darth Makaria - 21
Avery - 11
Derrik - 14
Federation Trooper #1 - 14
Federation Trooper #2 - 14
Federation Trooper #3 - 14
Guard #1 - 9
Guard #2 - 9
Onderonian Guard #1 - 9
Onderonian Guard #2 - 9
Onderonian Guard #3 - 9
Hesperian Priestess #1 - 14
Hesperian Priestess #2 - 14
Hesperian Guard - 19
Injured Federation Trooper # 1 - 0. When one’s HP has been reduced to 0 via Psychic Damage, they have been driven mad and are entirely under the GM’s control until they either have their mind cleansed (which will restore any HP lost to Psychic Damage) or once significant time has passed outside of combat. Any further damage taken while suffering the Madness Effect will result in death. As such, this trooper is inflicted with Madness.
Injured Federation Trooper #2 - 0. She is inflicted with Madness.
Injured Hesperian Guard - 0. He is inflicted with Madness.
Injured Hesperian Priestess - 0. She is inflicted with Madness.
Noble - 0. She is inflicted with Madness.

Hesper’s Shatterpoint rolls 11 + 24 + 10, which is successful. An Effect Modifier of 18 + 7 allows her to see that the shatterpoints of this summit, in general, are Pandora, Voidwalker, Cal, and herself. She is also warned that the floating Shadow Beings are true dangers that need to be dealt with.

Last edited:

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom