HAPPY THIRD ANNIVERSARY! We're celebrating the forum's 3rd year; join us for fun activities, 12/26 - 1/1!

Event Tournament of Darkness (House Tenebris ~ Shadow Blade)

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
crescent-moon-black.png

ancient runins 4.jpg
ancient ruins5.jpg
raven perched.jpg


Krayiss II

On the far side of the planet away from the house ground, a number of shuttles were gathered offloading a small amount of personnel. As well the shuttles served as transport for those who had answered the call. There was no fanfare, crowds, accommodations were a bare minimum and where they had been called to was a crumbling hulk of structures. Debris was scattered everywhere. Overgrowth of vines creeped through the crumbling, shattered, and broken buildings.

There was a cold air that flowed across the ruins, a wisp of flurries.

Small rodents scurried through the ruins, and the caw of crows perched in numbers faintly echoed about the area. The place was dismal in appearance. Decrepit and dank.

There were no grandstands, booths, or areas for casual observation and as the tournament acolytes began to gather as directed, the Headmaster, Joker, and Vesper watched and waited. Silently waiting for all to be present.

Once assembled Draconis stepped forth to address the lot of them. A parchment with all of their names on it in his hand, which he placed on a rusted and falling apart table for them to view.

“Welcome Tenebris.” Draconis spoke in his familiar calm, yet firm and sinister tone.

“Not the setting you expected?” He spoke rhetorically. Tournaments within the Empire were a grand affair, celebrated with attendance, spectators, and a regal ambiance that drew attention. There was none of that here. They found themselves looking upon a mess of ruins, abandoned for who knew how long.

“We will begin, matches are indicated on the paper here.” Draconis gestured to the paper on the table.

“Whomever survives... will have the opportunity to claim the title of Shadow Blade of House Tenebris.” Draconis offered a sly smirk with the statement, having put a slight emphasis on surviving. The format was simple, the first round they were each paired and would engage in ritual combat in the form of dueling.

“We begin with ritual combat, in the form of a traditional duel. You have all been made aware of the format and conditions.”

“On the paper next to your names pairings, you will note a set of coordinates and time. These denote the time and location of your duels.”
They would all note upon reading that each location was not far from where they now stood and the time for each match to begin was in less than an hour each. Such that they could all begin very quickly and when ready.

“Good luck.” Draconis spoke, in a half-hearted cheeky manner.

“In darkness we trust…” Draconis took several steps backward before turning and strolling away to walk the grounds and begin his observations of the matches.

--Parchment paper on table---


--Pair 1--
Regavar
Urizen

--Pair 2---
Sirrus
Loharr

--Pair 3--
Madora
Katagaris

--Pair 4--
Matyr
Zan'roc


@Darth Vesper
 

Attachments

  • ancient ruins 2.jpg
    ancient ruins 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ancient ruins.jpg
    ancient ruins.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
Rules:

Strict etiquette will be observed in all duels in regards to god-modding, auto-hits, and realism, and proper dueling.

GM verdicts are final. GMs will award points for each round (through a consensus of three). Each player will get seven turns within a round against one another. The player to go first will be determined at random with the format being:

Round 1
Player one goes first and moves
Player two responds going second and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 2
Player two goes first
Player one responds and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 3
Player one goes first and moves
Player two responds going second and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 4
Player two goes first
Player one responds and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 5 (if necessary)
Player one goes first and moves
Player two responds going second and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 6 (if necessary)
Player two goes first
Player one responds and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

Round 7 (if necessary)
Player one goes first and moves
Player two responds going second and moves
ROUND ends
GMs decide round winner

ONE point will be given to a single player of the two as a sign that they won said round. The player with the most points will advance to the next round.

Character sheets must be approved by a GM. Duels are to be as follows basic armor, weapons, and force abilities as per the players Character Sheet. No grenades, blasters, or incendiary device will be allowed.

Once character sheets have been approved players may coordinate and begin their assigned matches.

Points will be awarded and announced to both players at the conclusion of each round and necessary additional rounds will be played out if needed. The format is best of seven. After all Matches have completed the next round will be organized and announced.

Every player is to adhere to the following format when posting within their match:


--------
Player name
Location

Move number out of total of seven (example move/round 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7, 7/7)

{insert player post and move}

TAG: (opponent ) (all three judges)
-------
 

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
Tournament Update: All character sheets have been approved and posted. Matches may commence, if you have questions direct them towards the House leads. Players are expected to follow the stated format for posts, there will be no second chances for post format. (If you do not adhere to it, you will lose points) Make sure you understand this before you begin your match as again there will be no second chances.

Within each match players will complete a round. Players may ask for a scoring after each round if they wish. Judges will be tallying scores as the rounds within each match progress. Once a match is concluded, judges will tally the scores and a winner will be declared.

Once all of the matches are concluded, instructions on the next level of the tournament will be given. If for any reason a GM interjects in a match, the match will halt until that GM allows it to resume. GMs may inflict and render judgement based upon the the moves of players if it is determined necessary to do so. For example if a player executes a move an a dueling rule is broken or an in the eyes of the judges an unrealistic move or response is performed. The judges may interject and amend a post or result of a post, which can result in damage.

For the opening moved it is implied that both players are within close proximity and a dueling setting. Player one can rightfully assume that their opponent is within striking range wherever they may be.

As of this post. The Tournament has begun. Players may coordinate with their opponents and begin their match.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS

The "1st player" is the first to move.

--Pair 1--
Regavar 1st player
Urizen 2nd player

--Pair 2---
Sirrus 1st player
Loharr 2nd player

--Pair 3--
Madora 1st player
Katagaris 2nd player

--Pair 4--
Matyr 1st player
Zan'roc 2nd player

--Pair 5--
Bril'Kairn 1st player
Proxy Guard 2nd player
 
Last edited:

Hadzuska_The Jester

Well-known member
Moderator
Dark Council
The Dark Vizier stepped forward out onto the ruins. A smile crossed his face as he looked on to the battlefield, a new champion would be crowned today.

Would it be one of the spry new acolytes? Maybe one of the Headmaster's own apprentices? Possibly the Regent's own apprentice? Or would the Dark Vizier's apprentice make him proud today and win the prize?

No matter who won today, the House would gain a new Champion. And the Dark Vizier could not be prouder to congratulate the soon to be winner.
 
Last edited:

Ravager

Member
~Regavar~
~Krayiss II~ ~Ruins~
~1\7~

Regavar entered the specified arena. Looking around, he took note of his surroundings, and of Acolyte Urizen.

Never one for small talk, he simply nodded to his housemate as if to acknowledge his presence. Throughout this brief period, he had been gathering the force inside himself, preparing to make his first move.

He suddenly spun on the balls of his feet, removing his cloak as he did so, pulling the already deep shadows to himself, fading into them, becoming part of them. He threw his cloak in a net-like fashion, like a fisherman's net, at Urizen, hoping to envelop his head with it, and block a wide swath of his vision while he circled around behind the acolyte, moving to his own left, slowly and carefully, so as to make as little sound as possible. And moving just outside of a sabers reach.

Watching Urizen closely, and staying low, he stalked his opponent.

Powers used: Force Cloak 1

@Urizen , @Hadzuska_The Jester @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper
 
IC: Darth Vesper, Shadow Lord and Regent of Tenebris
Location: Krayiss II, Ruins

The time had come. There would be a Champion for house Tenebris this day. A dispassionate air whirled as the Shadows released their Regent from their grasp. An inhale and glance to the rodents squeaking as they scurried by under foot and stone. The brow of the Regent quipped, an indication of disgust though she would never show it. Crimson eyes took in the rubble and receding stone of the ruins of Krayiss II as she stood in silence next to the Headmaster, Lord Draconis. His robes, taking to the slight stifling breeze that kicked up. Her Vizier stood opposite of Draconis and so they waited as Lord Draconis spoke.


“Welcome Tenebris. Not the setting you expected?” The Dark Lord was not really asking. “We will begin, matches are indicated on the paper here. Whomever survives... will have the opportunity to claim the title of Shadow Blade of House Tenebris.”
“We begin with ritual combat, in the form of a traditional duel. You have all been made aware of the format and conditions.”

“On the paper next to your names pairings, you will note a set of coordinates and time. These denote the time and location of your duels.”

“In darkness we trust…”
Vesper's crimson eyes closed as her head lowered momentarily in reverence for the House.


So it would begin.


Tag: House Tenebris
 

Urizen

Active member
Urizen
Krayiss II
round number 1/7

Urizen dodges the cape by rolling to the side, stopping on his feet and breathes in out slowly observing his surroundings trying to grab a glimpse of his opponent, Regavar. Urizen started saying "I respect you very much brother and I hope we will join forces on a mission one day, by the way is that re-breather just for looks or is it helping you breath?" Urizen said this while slowly raising his hand subtly using tk force to lift up a large amount of the wet dirt around him and slowly infusing his body with tk to speed it up, Urizen chucked it in every direction hoping to cover him in the mud to tag him, so Urizen can see his movements or move that he was planning.

force powers
TK

@Ravager @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester
 

Zustifar Doviran

Active member
~Matyr~

~Krayiss II~


1/7


They had been summoned to the shuttles that awaited them outside the barracks grounds. Matyr was prepared, his shadowsilk ballistic mesh undergarments fit snug yet allowed for freedom of movement, the plastisteel lined leather cuirass fastened over top the mesh and the pauldrons and vambraces strapped on. Sporting an all black attire of hakama pants, light footwear and weathered robe a belt was placed around his waist. With his curved hilt saber on his hip and wakizashi saber hidden on his person it was time to go.


Stalking down the halls of House Tenebris the air was thick with aggression and bloodlust. Matyr reviewed the parameters of the first round of the tournament in his mind to keep sharp. He saw his fellow Shadow Sith making their way to the shuttles without much of any noise. Some had found a Master and some had not, but they came nonetheless. All vying for the title earned by the most lethal assassin to participate, Shadow Blade. Aboard the shuttles they were whisked away to the opposite of the planet.

---

Ruin Arrival

---

A large cluster of ruins lay before him caked in dirt. Mud patched the ground where there wasn't dry land or vine overgrowth seasoned with snow flurries. Rats scurrying haphazardly were their only audience here. The snow wasn't heavy enough to stick making everything damp and adding to the cold. Matyr stared through his breath wisps as he saw his Master Shadow Hand Lord Draconis, the Dark Vizier Joker and the Regent Lady Vesper. Who's presence and accomplishments commanded authority and respect. The Headmaster reaffirmed what they had learned and presented their tournament grounds.


“We will begin, matches are indicated on the paper here.” Draconis gestured to the paper on the table. "In Darkness we trust…" Matyr bowed his head on reverence repeating the motto, "In Darkness we trust…"


The paper noted that each location was not far from where they now stood and the time for each match to begin was in less than an hour each. Such that they could all begin very quickly and when ready. Matyr turned away, a glint in his eye and a crooked grin on his face. He would face a new acolyte to the House, Zan'roc. Matyr had watched him in Kaas Cantina and the arena so he didn't allow himself to underestimate him.

---

The Duel

---

In an open courtyard littered with rubble wind swept through carrying white flakes. Structures that barely resembled buildings strewn about. Cradled here, deep within the vestiges of the forgotten city, Matyr faced off against Zan'roc. Matyr did not let his eyes stray, keeping them on Zan'roc as soon as he'd arrived. His mind was clear yet focused on why he wanted the title for himself as he ignited his lightsaber in front of the Acolyte.


He felt the Dark Side within himself though reluctant to draw on it unless necessary, holding his saber in his right hand and centered with his body. Flicking his wrist forward Matyr's saber rushed at Zan'roc in a feint attack at his head before twisting at the last second making an attempt at Zan'roc's chest. Withdrawing quickly Matyr smoothly transitioned into trying a cross cut opposite of the first. He stayed light on his feet and agile as he watched his opponents reactions. Vigilance would serve him well here.



Tag: @WhiteDrakon @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester
 

WhiteDrakon

Member
The moment Zan’roc had arrived at the location of the duel he had studied the Terrain. His breath billowing In front of him upon the cold air as he reached the destination of his opponent, his blue eyes locking onto Matyr’s with unreadable scrutiny. As the apprentice made the first move his lightsaber a blur the target seemingly his head until at the last second it zeroed in on his chest. The blade would’ve struck true had its target still been within its reach. At the first sign of the movement of his opponent, Zan’roc had dropped to the ground barely holding himself a few centimeters off the ground. His right leg arcing into a sweeping pattern this was Zan’roc’s attempt at knocking his opponent off his feet. While his left leg was positioned to effectively roll to either side out of harm's way should the attack fail.

Tag: @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester @Zustifar Doviran
 

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
The moment Zan’roc had arrived at the location of the duel he had studied the Terrain. His breath billowing In front of him upon the cold air as he reached the destination of his opponent, his blue eyes locking onto Matyr’s with unreadable scrutiny. As the apprentice made the first move his lightsaber a blur the target seemingly his head until at the last second it zeroed in on his chest. The blade would’ve struck true had its target still been within its reach. At the first sign of the movement of his opponent, Zan’roc had dropped to the ground barely holding himself a few centimeters off the ground. His right leg arcing into a sweeping pattern this was Zan’roc’s attempt at knocking his opponent off his feet. While his left leg was positioned to effectively roll to either side out of harm's way should the attack fail.

Tag: @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester @Zustifar Doviran

You did not met the specified format for the post. Your move counts but you will loose points for not following the instructions.

Player name
Location

Move number out of total of seven (example move/round 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 6/7, 7/7)

{insert player post and move}

TAG: (opponent ) (all three judges)
 

Sirrus

Member
~Sirrus~

~Krayiss II~

1/7

After hearing the Dark Lord's announcement; Sirrus turned toward his opponent standing near him: Loharr Talem. Although he felt no ill will toward his fellow house member; Sirrus drew on his anger and focused this on his opponent. Aggressively, Sirrus ignited his lightsaber, the unstable crystal provided a louder than normal ignition; as he gripped his saber only in his right hand, he brought the saber up vertically to give the Makashi salute to his opponent. Then without pause lunged toward the fellow apprentice in a thrust of his lightsaber; pressing forward with weight on his right leg to provide strength to the move, attempting to strike at the mid torso of his opponent, while holding his left hand up and back in preparation and balance.

tag: @Loharr Talem @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester
 

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
~Loharr~
~Kraiss II~

~Round 1 of 7~


Loharr had heard the Dark Lords' words, allowing them to permeate not only his thoughts, but his very being. His opponent was to be Sirrus, one whom he had met several times in the House barracks, but not one he knew particularly well. Once the Dark Lord was finished speaking, he turned to face his opponent. Beneath his feet, the cold dirt and rubble of the ruins crunched under his weight as it shifted.

The cold wind blew over him, his hair moving and flowing with the breeze. The flurries of snow danced around him, and as he breathed, soft white, condensed clouds of vapor formed around mouth and nose, which vanished not long after every breath.

He took his saberstaff off his hilt, but not yet igniting it, just getting prepared. He could sense his opponents anger, his passion. Sirrus desired to win, but so did Loharr.

Quickly, Sirrus ignited his lightsaber, the harsh thrumming filled the air and the crimson glow illuminated the area around him. It was then that Sirrus, allowing no time to pass between the ignition of his blade and what came next, lunged forward, thrusting at Loharr's midsection.

Reacting quickly, Loharr ignited one of the saberstaffs' crimson blades, creating a sweeping, spinning motion with the weapon, to redirect his opponents strike to his right, which was Sirrus' left. Keeping the momentum going, Loharr jumped away from Sirrus, while spinning to the right, completing a complete 360 degree turn. His braid flung around, slapping his cheek and nose, but it didn't really affect him. It was just a bit of hair reacting to physics.

Upon landing his jump, Loharr ignited the other saberstaff crimson blade and keeping the momentum up still, moving the weapon behind him, parallel with the ground. Using his entire upper body to push forward and his hips to lean into it, he reached forward with his left hand, pushing out with the Force, unleashing a Push that would aim to knock his opponent off balance, though there was no guarantee that he would be.

~[Force Powers Used: Force Push]~

@Sirrus , @dragonsith13 , @Hadzuska_The Jester , @Darth Vesper .
 
~Madora~
~Kraiss II~

~Round 1 of 7~


Madora had been eagerly awaiting this day, she felt like her nerves were on fire. After having been told about the tournament she knew she couldn't pass this chance up for a good and proper dual though she thought to herself " What could possibly be better than a Sith dueling tournament?" this made her giggle, she hummed a cute little catchy tune in her head, completely prepared to duel with Katagaris Pandemonium.
Humming as she walked watching all the little flurries bustling away through the wind, she see's Katagaris standing across from her.
Her spear saber in hand she launches into the sky with the push of her legs, jumping towards and over Katagaris swinging her saber hard hoping to strike his back to throw him off balance. Landing on her shoulder rolling onto her feet spinning to turn back towards him sending two of her daggers at him, one for his chest and the second for his stomach.

~Weapons used: two daggers and spear saber~

Tag: @Katagaris Pandemonium @dragonsith13 @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Vesper
 
Bril'Kairn
Krayiss II
1/7

Bril'Kairn made his way to the Arena in the gloom and cold of Krayiss II. He was a wildcard in the Tournament and thus would not be facing a Housemate in his first pairing. Allowing his anger to steel his resolve he entered the Arena. Bril pulled his mask from his belt and set it on his face. He saw the three Heads of House Tenebris overseeing the Arena and before him awaited his opponent. One of the House guards of Tenebris.

Moving his right fist over his heart and bowing his head, he saluted his opponent. As he raised his head he willed the shadows to over take him, cloaking himself in them. He began circling the Guard of Shadows, searching for a weak spot in his armor. If he did find any, the Twi'lek would exploit them as much as possible.


Force Powers Used- Force Cloak

@dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester
 

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
Temple Guard
Krayiss II

Move 1/7


The shadow guard track the apprentice, his head slowly following the house acolyte as he began to circle and pace to the side of the guard. The eyes of the guard locked on the pacing apprentice, the helmet of the guard slowly moving. The guard noting the apprentice's attempt to draw upon the shadows to cloak and better conceal himself. The apprentice was sizing him up, looking for weaknesses to exploit. He would find such an attempt lacking, as the guard was trained to be stalwart, poised, and unwavering in his stance and position. The mere fact that the apprentice had attempted to cloak himself within plain sight was a bit of a surprise. A reminder to all that such a thing was best reserved for when you were already concealed or hidden. It was not something that granted an immediate disappearance, only at the highest of practitioners could such be effective in such a setting, furthermore hiding from sight was one thing. Hiding in the force was completely another matter. As such the guard would easily be able to track the apprentice without much difference. If the apprentice over-estimated his own concealment, it would cost him against this well trained servant of Tenebris.

The shadow guard slammed the end of his pike into the ground, a dull thud of metal against the ground reverberating as he snapped to a ready guard, expertly transitioning and twisting the pike around... thrusting forward into a striking stance with one foot forward and aiming the spear tip in a precise thrust strike at the Apprentices torso, that could easily skewer him through.


TAG: @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester @Bril'Kairn
 
~Katagaris Pandemonium~

~Krayiss ll~

1/7

Katagaris felt like his skin was crawling, not with fear or with anxiety. He was twitching with the adrenaline and thrill he felt before trading blows with an opponent.

His opponent was a new addition to The Family, repeating the Acolyte's name over and over like a mantra in his head. Not for any reason other than to focus at the task at hand. She was his target for in this tournament, his first obstacle, if he beat her then he would use that momentum to carry himself as far as he could go. There would be blood spilt today. Either his own or his opponent's, Katagaris refused to think about losing. He didn't have time for that.

"My opponent is a Sorcerer. Strengths: Utilizing Force abilities, Force drain, and mid to long range attacks. Weaknesses: they must be in the proper mental state and very close combat. We have to keep her off balance. At her level her abilities aren't as developed so she'll likely use her saber or other weapons more. Still we need to keep an eye out for whatever she pulls out." Katagaris thought to himself.

"Aye, that Lass may pull something tricky out against us. You and I should watch her fingers and her eyes, after all hands betray thoughts and eyes are the window to the soul." Katagaris replied in turn.
"Yes that's true, we should watch those closely. Thanks for the input old friend."

Finally he was standing before his opponent. Mask already in place on his scaled visage, eyes were already reacting to It's presence. Right eye red as fresh blood and left eye slowly gaining water, but falling before it clouded his vision. Reaching up he wiped out the tears, then they stopped flowing. Readying himself he watched the eyes and hands of Madora. Sliding his lightsaber in front of him he twisted and released the vacuum holding them together as the one became two. Holding one of them in both hands he ignited it's smooth red blade, the buzz and hiss strangely comforting. Flipping the second in a reverse grip sliding the switch to the on position the chaotic, crackling, orange blade sprung to life. He then she made her move. Leaping over him then swinging over his back to swing at his unguarded back, but he had already moved. Falling to the side Katagaris rolled then sprang to his feet as the daggers flew twords his chest and stomach. Bringing the red saber downward and the orange one upwards he slashed at the daggers to slice them down or if they were resistant they would be deflected from his body. Drawing within himself he focused on his muscles, the fibers, the tendons, and how they moved. Using the Force he enhanced those movements to move faster and hit harder. Launching himself he swung the red saber at Madora's torso in a upward slash, then brought the second orange saber in a horizontal slash across her midsection. All the while he was prepared to disengage and retreat at any time.

Powers used: TK-1

Tag: @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_ The Jester @dragonsith13

Opponent Tag: @Madora.RP. Pettigrew
 

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
Tournament Update:

Level 1 Round - 1 Point Awarded


Regavar

Loharr

Matyr

Katagaris

Shadow Guard

Round 2 moves may now begin
 
Last edited:

Urizen

Active member
Urizen

Krayiss II

Round number 2

Urizen watched the mud hit Regavar on the side, hoping the force of the hit puts him a bit of balance as well as leaving a stain on the robes, so that if he uses cloak again or in future ambushes against Urizen, he will see where he is. Urizen thought “hmm as an assassin, he will try and get me either from the back or side”. Urizen built up some force that he could muster and back flipped a few feet away as well as spinning, while he was doing this, he unleashed a swarm of force lightning in all directions aiming it at parts that were close to him.

Urizen landed a few feet away, slides a bit catching his footing keeping some distance so he can see all his moves, watching what his devastating attack, did to the ground and hopefully to his opponent. Urizen kept up the relentless lightning barrage up in one hand to use as a distraction, while using tk force to hopefully grab his Tonfa and pulling it towards him with force pull, attempting to destroy it by activating his lightsaber and attempting and hoping to cut it in two as it flies through the air.

force powers

TK

Lightning

@Ravager @dragonsith13 @Darth Vesper @Hadzuska_The Jester
 

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
~Loharr~
~Krayiss II~

~Round 2 of 7~


The frigid wind blew flurries of snow around Loharr. The flurries hit the crimson blade, releasing small wisps of steam wherever a flurry came into contact. Though Loharr himself couldn't see the steam, since his saberstaff was behind him and parallel to the ground within his grip.

His hand was outstretched towards his opponent, having just unleashed a Force Push on Sirrus. Now was the time to attack, to test his opponents' capabilities.

Bringing his left arm back to grab the hilt of the saberstaff, Loharr stepped forward with his right foot, twisting his body into a full body spin. His body spun around, the crimson blades of his saberstaff moved with him, aiming to bisect Sirrus at the waist. When he was about a quarter way through the spin, he turned off one of the saberstaff blades, and when he was halfway through the spin, he jumped, launching his body into a corkscrew. His body was now parallel with the ground and his saberstaff was perpendicular.

As he was coming into the final half of the spin, he brought his saber down at his opponents head. Upon landing, the ground crunched under his weight once more and his right shoulder aimed at Sirrus, and he brought his saber back up, in a stance similar to a Kai Kan Drop stance, just rotated 90 degrees to the left, as if prepping to parry. The singular crimson blade illuminated the air, highlighting the surrounding snow flurries.

@Sirrus , @dragonsith13 , @Hadzuska_The Jester , @Darth Vesper
 

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Staff member
Moderator
Immortalis
OOC:

Round 1 feedback:

Dark tidings House Tenebris, with the conclusion of the first round of level one, I would like to focus on three areas that I have marked for study and consideration after observing all of the moves.

First hesitation, some of you were far too hesitant and lacking in committing to movements. While you did move technically, the lack of a forward attack in some manner is a missed opportunity to somehow put your opponent off balance. I can understand some were trying to prevent themselves from being open to counter or trying to set up a second move by drawing on certain powers, but you can do BOTH. You can draw upon a power and still offer an equal measured attack to try and affect your opponent. In the case where you simply draw on a power, you may have done so but you really have not forced your opponent to react and it will be easier for them to counter the power you have tried to use.

Second be careful not to do too much. Now this may sound contradictory to what we just discussed, but here we are talking about doing a move and a second move and them a third move, all in one turn. Now I did not observe anyone doing anything this excessive, but I did see the line pushed a little. I bring this up because remember all of this is about the POWER of your writing. If you add too much water to a solution it becomes diluted, hence DO NOT dilute your moves. I generally take this as a good measure of what is “feasible” in a move. Which amounts to a combination of any of these two (you could stretch this to three, if the third move was a very fast and light move - but this also means by this time you might be sacrificing accuracy, movement, or concentration on it) :


Attack

Quick two pronged attack

Defensive move

Counter move

Physical movement


A few examples:


I attack, and then move to the right to set up a defense or begin a second attack

I defend and attack and then counter with a full attack

I defend, move out of the way, and then offer a glancing quick attack as I move or escape

I charge and attack

I jump over my opponent and then swing into an attack

I perform a rapid quick combo or two pronged attack and move towards my opponent pressing the advantage


These are VERY simple examples, but I hope they illustrate the overall simple mindset. Throughout such this is where you work in your use of the force and how you channel it. You can always be moving and doing this - with a few exceptions of certain powers that require an extensive amount of energy, concentration, and power to use. (high level powers) Remember that the above list and examples are NOT all encompassing, but they should be a good base.

Third and lastly “Detail”, attention to detail and building the detail into your post are important. While the most important part of your dueling post when it comes down to it are the moves you perform. Detail in your post is important and with that building out your post. Again we do say that writing and introduction and elaborating on the environment ect is not necessary, it does help build the whole piece of writing.

Take this example: If we review two moves of players against each other and both of the moves are equal with no clear advantage. As judges we are going to award and side with the post that was most detailed, descriptive, and ultimately FUN to read. It is the reality that this type of gaming is centered around reading, the majority of us (frankly the ones who enjoy it the most) do this because we like the stimulation from reading other peoples work and seeing what they come up with. This is where the thrill lies. You want us to be “wanting to read more” when we get to the end of your post, we need to be both fulfilled in what you gave us and desiring to learn more about your character and what is in store next.

Sounds like a lot for a simple “dueling” post right? But this is the underlying truth. You will NEVER succeed in this format unless you can find this. I do my best to read everything that comes across the table in this Empire, but as we all know there is a lot of content. You need to capture your reader and audience and YES “dueling” is where it starts.

And Fourth, yes I added a fourth in when I said there would only be three… this is where we separate the average writers from good, and the good from the best. Take everything I just said above and turn it upside down. Yes, turn it upside down. Push the boundaries! Write how you want. The writer has the opportunity to play the GMs, judges, guides like a fiddle if they can. If you are able to truly capture the reader and audience, we will not care what you do! If you are able to write it, detail it, pull it off, make it work, show us how you did it and so on and so on… if you can justify it and somehow convince the judge that what you did works… then you did your job and now matter what it is...once it is on paper (in a sense) and accepted then you get a gold star. This is not a license to act like a fool, or do things above your pay grade. It is a call to go to a level of your writing that you think blurs the lines, one that pushes the boundaries and limits of your character and the story (in this case a duel setting).

Now go forth and use this.
 

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

  • The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

  • FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

    No members online now.
    Top Bottom