Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training The Apprenticeship of Keres Dymos

IC: Darth Kain
Sith Academy Training Room, Korriban

Lord Kain resisted the urge to smirk, instead frowning down at his apprentice. She was wise, but she had misunderstood his words. "I said you would not be able to run. I said nothing about being able to flee."

The Dark Messiah began to pace, slowly, as he spoke. "I can sense a change in you, Keres. Where before the Force swirled within you like a vortex, eager to be unleashed, it has since... slowed. You are growing more calculated, more focused. A dagger rather than an explosion." It would be a challenge to train such a being, but Kain had done it before. "Your enemies will not feel despair knowing that the all-powerful Keres Dymos has arrived, ready to destroy everything they hold dear. You would rather they not be aware of your strength, their lack of fear a weakness that you can exploit. But not all of your foes will be ignorant of your ways. You will gain renown, and in time, all will learn to be wary any time you prepare their tea."

Kain smirked now; he had a feeling she would have an aptitude for such murders. A kind face, sweet words, and a drink that dissolves your insides the moment it touches your lips. It was not his way; he would rather dissolve your insides with his own power. But a master does not attempt to recreate himself.

"There will be times you need to escape, and quickly. Sticking to the shadows, treading lightly... that will help you survive against smaller threats. But when you begin dealing with enemies too powerful to combat, you will find yourself caught and murdered - or worse. That is a fate I do not wish for you." He stopped pacing, turning towards her. "When I was a younger man, before joining the New Sith Order, I encountered a peculiar people with peculiar ways. They see the Force as not dark and light, but as a spectrum. They sensed my power, though I did not know its entirety at the time, and after I aided them in exchange for shelter from a local crime boss, they taught me their ways. Not all of their lessons stuck, of course, but a few of their abilities were absolutely intriguing. And though you are not powerful enough to attempt it yet, I wish to pass on their lessons to you; their lessons of folding the very fabric of space."

A pause, to let the words sink in. The abilities of the Aing-Tii were taught only to a select few, and here Lord Kain was, seemingly giving away their teachings for free.

"You will be able to use it to transport items, yourself, others, or even entire starships from one end of the galaxy to another. A powerful Dark Lord drinks your poisoned tea and tries to kill you before he dies? Too bad for him you just disappeared into thin air, and you're currently on Naboo, showing up fashionably late to Lady Viscretus' dinner party."

The Beloved Prince of the Stars now knelt in front of his apprentice, spreading before her an opened scroll, the parchment curling at the ends. Scrolls of the Aing-Tii!
"Are you ready to begin?"

TAG: @Keres Dymos

IC: Keres Dymos

Her gaze narrowed, assessing, then obediently slid down to gaze at the floor. That… was an interesting distinction. There were, of course, such powers to be had in the Force, great and terrible things far too distant to be glimpsed by a mere Apprentice. Keres kept her eyes on the floor, waiting. Her Master had, of course, guessed correctly the way she wanted to use her power. The façade she wanted to hold, enemies dead before they even knew what had happened.

And he was absolutely correct as to what would happen if she were outfoxed or outmatched...

Keres sucked in a breath, her eyes huge in her face. Folding space? Was that… it was incredible, is what it was. And, oh, her raw and naked desire was written all over her face as her Master spoke, clawing up her throat and bubbling in her blood.

A shiver raced down her spine as the parchment unfurled, and Keres had to force herself to not look, to not touch. Her hands trembled.
She licked her dry lips. “This is a power far beyond what I had planned,” her eyes flicked to meet Kain’s, instinctively searching for tells. “I want to learn. What will it cost me?” Oh how she yearned to start at once, to consume the information, to gain that power. But there had to be a cost to it, and she wasn’t power-drunk enough to not think of it.

TAG: @Darth Kain

He could sense her ambition. It was bubbling in her throat, only kept down by a cold determination to survive. She believed that there was a price for this knowledge, some curse to be granted alongside this gift.
"The only cost is if you fail while performing the process," said Kain. "You may attempt to fold space around yourself to appear halfway across the galaxy one day. Fail, and your head will be the only thing to arrive to your new destination. Every powerful ability comes with its dangers."

Then he paused, sensing her intentions of the question further. His eyes widened ever so slightly, but then he remembered that their time together had been short. She knew of him, but did not know him. Not yet.

"And if you think the cost you're referring to shall come from me, it will not. There is nothing you could offer in exchange that I do not already have. No amount of credits, services, or suffering is needed when I offer you such a gift. All that is required is your success in the future. Such is as it should be between a Master and an Apprentice."

To think that he once abhorred the title of Master, something that made him spit vile any time his first apprentice - Volacius - uttered it. He had preferred the title of Teacher, wanting to separate himself from the cruel slave masters he had slaughtered all those years ago. But his time with the Sith had made him come to realize why he took the name of Kain, why he had far exceeded the cruelty of any slaver he'd ever encountered. To be a Master was not a sin in and of itself; to use that power to maim without teaching, that was the sin.

And it was a sin he had not yet committed.

Keres looked at him, breath tight, and finally relaxed, her shoulders unspooling. Her breath hitched a little, but nothing more. She knew the Sith could be merciless, could be unforgiving. There were great trials to be had in the path to power, and Keres tried to anticipate them all. But it was hard, and she was grateful that at least this had only the cost of skill and training.

“My parents happily sacrificed me for power,” Keres said, “and in turn I lost my son to it. I have learned very well that many things have strings attached.” And in her life, she hadn’t known many men to give without taking. Men like her husband, who’s happiest day was the one where he thought he had finally ground her to dust under his heel.

But for all that, she believed her Master. He had no reason to revel in her suffering, nor demand things of her. And the Force itself had no need to extract payment from her for this. Her success, her rise to power, would reflect better on him and his training far better than needless savagery.

Shifting her weight, Keres knelt properly, knees on the floor, shoulders back, head bowed slightly. She let the ice layer over her lake again, face smooth and calm.

“Where should I begin, Master?”

This task is over.

@Keres Dymos you have proven yourself to have an excellent sense of cunning and fantastic writing ability. With this task, I hope you continue to play to your character's strengths, and that you one day earn the required level to use Fold Space, as you have been taught.

I award you 10 Prestige.

Your next task will come some time during the next week (hopefully Monday).​

TASK SIX - KERES DYMOS
Date Started:
July 29, 2021
Date Due: August 7, 2021

Keres' Personal Quarters, Korriban

tumblr_b0e10d052c106f3b000aa065834c9590_12b11b70_540.jpg

Left upon her desk, Keres would find two things that had not been there before. The one that most stood out was a large, wooden scroll, inscribed with Basic and Ancient SIth text. The other, smaller object was a letter with the telltale handwriting of her Master, the Beloved Prince of the Stars.

"Keres," it began. "Upon this scroll is one-hundred questions, each of which you must answer. This scroll will be used to record your life before your ascension to Sith Lady, for historians to one day fawn over. Fill out each question honestly; who knows, perhaps this will make you learn more about yourself than you realized. Sincerely, Darth Kain."

(OOC: Take this 100 Questions Quiz to help you better understand Keres Dymos even further than before. https://reiisinvadator.wixsite.com/...8LlCQ0PqU1Irjq_ewmMJceQbDvFQgRXNckj2qbI8Wb5Ro )

An extension has been requested and granted.

Your due date is now August 20, 2021.

@Keres Dymos

Last edited:
Personal Quarters, Korriban

She really couldn’t help it: her lip curled. Fawning historians? Wasn’t this just a way to learn someone’s weaknesses? Still, she sat down to write. It had to be done, personal opinions or not.

Part 1: The Basics

1. What is your full name?
Keres Dymos

2. Where and when were you born?
I was born on Cesya, in the Cadriaan province of the Tapani sector, in 126 ABY

3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My father is Taras Dymos, a merchant who specializes in textiles, specifically, brocades. While he is a shrewd businessman and plans far ahead, it frequently trips him up when the inconvenient present doesn’t obey. My mother, Iantha Dymos née Guidi, specialized in lacework. While she was a deft hand at the accounts, my mother never particularly stood firm against my father or his plans, and much preferred to turn her attention to molding her children and expanding her businesses.

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
An older sister, Calisto, and a younger brother, Nicos. My sister never really had time for me, and spent a great deal of time out and about, making connections, which she preferred over the dry business details she would later inherit. Personally, I always thought that she spent too much time trying to be what she wasn’t, and maybe that is why she wasn’t chosen to marry up. She might have hurt my husband’s delicate ego. Nicos has always been a good boy, if never particularly driven. Mostly babied by our parents, so he tends to be impulsive. Though I know he was in marriage talks before I left, and maybe had arranged a betrothal? I hope it calms him down.

5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I live in the House Vassago barracks with the other apprentices. It’s hardly my own home, but I sleep and dine and train there. The other members living there are fine companions, in a sense. We are all bound by the code of our House, and so treat each other courteously and refrain from wild behaviors that would bring shame to our House. It is a good house to be in.

6. What is your occupation?
While currently an apprentice, I spent my time before Korriban in politics beside my husband. Before that, I managed a mill that made fine lace for gowns and linens.

7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
I am a Human, about 5’4 125 lbs, with black hair, dark eyes, and pale skin. In general, I prefer long tunics over pants, or dresses and skirts, or other fairly feminine clothing. I have a small beauty mark under my left eye.

8. To which social class do you belong?
Before my marriage, I was in the upper middle-class. My marriage elevated me to the rank of the lower nobility.

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I am sensitive to cold temperatures.

10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right-handed

11. What does your voice sound like?
A clear alto, faintly melodic. I have trained it well, so that it carries when I want it to, and stays close for intimate conversations.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
I do not.
(OOC: Keres does speak in a fairly formal manner, though any other specific verbal tics have not been noted)

13. What do you have in your pockets?
It does depend on the size of my pockets and if I’m doing something specific, but generally I keep my datapad with me, along with a powder compact for touch ups and tinted chapstick. And a collapsible fan, if possible.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
If I do have quirks, they are minor and not at all annoying. When I was younger, I had a habit of twisting my fingers together, but I have grown out of that.
(Keres might have grown out of that habit, but has replaced it with using a fan, if available, to help hide her face and her reactions. She also doesn’t tend to automatically look people in the eye, especially superiors, if she’s feeling nervous.)

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Quite calm. My family’s money meant that I had excellent schooling, and all that I could ever want. Though my parents were strict about teaching us proper manners and observational skills. Generally, my days were well-structured and contained, and I felt no need to act out or behave poorly for attention as other schoolmates did.

16. What is your earliest memory?
Oh, I was quite young, and my mother gave me a huge pad of paper to scribble on. Later, she said she did it because I had been apparently following her around the house asking inane questions.
(Her real first memory is getting dressed to go outside in the snow, stumbling, and then bursting into tears at the cold and wet seeping through her clothes.)

17. How much schooling have you had?
A good amount. I went to university where I specialized in business finance, in order to more effectively take over some of my family’s business when I graduated.

18. Did you enjoy school?
Yes. I did well in my classes, and I enjoyed socializing with my peers to an extent. I have always enjoyed learning.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
What martial skills I have have all come from my arrival on Korriban and joining the Academy. I had some blaster training, enough to not hurt myself. My manipulation and observation skills were largely gained as I grew up, and then refined during my marriage.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
None. I have always thought role models a rather strange concept. That said, I did have much admiration for Imperatrix Hesper when she killed the entire Federation Senate. Though the time between that and setting my own husband aflame wasn’t long, so I’m not sure it would count.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Of course. We were, for all our differences, well-behaved children with many similar interests. That said, I was never particularly close to anyone. My parents were constantly busy with work, my brother was much too young, and my sister and I found each other boring.

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a pilot for a time, and I think I recall a period where I wanted to be a dressmaker.

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
I enjoyed drawing and reading, and helping my mother in her garden as much as any child could. I also enjoyed helping out in the kitchen, though this was mostly so I could sneak treats and get first dibs on any fresh food.

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was a rather quiet child, but my temper was much worse than it is today, especially when I wasn’t getting something I wanted. I was also a great deal more overtly curious, sticking my nose into anything I could to find out more.

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
Not particularly. At school I never felt a particular need to be outgoing, and my standard tactic of being fairly noncommittal to opinions didn’t help. I had a few good school friends, whom I immediately stopped talking to when school finished and we were no longer stuck together for hours a day.

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
A classmate spent a great deal of time pining over me until I grew frustrated enough to kiss them. It did not go well and I did not repeat the experience again. I was probably around sixteen or so at the time.

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
I am not. During university, I went to a discrete locale with an excellent reputation. I was not going to put myself at the mercy of a dunderheaded fellow student for such a thing. I didn’t know the man’s real name, but he was called the Black Lotus. Atrocious, I know.

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
I have already mentioned my respect for Imperatrix Hesper, and her influence in my life. My husband influenced me, at least in the sense that he helped me disregard what morals I had left in favor of murder. For all that I have discarded my parents, they taught me to observe and how to make a good deal, for which I am grateful.

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
No comment.
(Keres’ most important event has been the death of her son. If he still lived, she would never have left to become a Sith.)

30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Imperatrix Hesper
(In all honesty, Keres has been more deeply influenced by her husband than she wants to ever admit. He made her ambitious, ruthless, and refined her skill in observation and flattery to a knife’s edge. Though this was more of a by-product of their marriage than actual teaching)

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
The work I put into creating my son, and then giving birth to him.

32. What is your greatest regret?
That I thought my husband had no interest in my son. I assumed that as long as my son did not interfere with our façade of a marriage, he would garner no interest.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Burning my husband alive. Oh, the exhilaration of losing control. However, I did burn down the rest of the manor as well. It was evening, so I don’t know who might have gotten trapped inside, but more than my husband might have died that night. I don’t care that much.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
I’m not actually sure. I don’t know if there were witnesses to what I did, or if anyone would have assumed that my latent Force abilities suddenly rose to murder my husband in an inferno.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
Two times, I think. The first was when I was rather young, someone broke into the house while I was up in my room. They never went up the stairs, I think they rather thought everyone was gone so they broke in to steal a few things and run, but I stayed tucked in my closet for hours afterwards. The second time was the middle days of my child’s illness. I hadn’t given into despair yet, but I was getting very worried and very scared that doctors didn’t know what was happening. I thought it might be a long-term chronic illness, or something similar. I was very frightened to imagine his future.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
I’m certainly not going to freely give that out.
(In university, Keres got incredibly sloppy drunk during a party. The entire night is a blur of mortification and horror for her. But she remembers dancing with some people, and possibly throwing up on herself.)

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
It is pointless to contemplate what could have been. The past has been made, and has shaped the present. It only leads to sorrow.
(We all know the answer to this one. Though perhaps it is a more complex answer than it seems. Keres would do anything for her son, but there are many things she never would have contemplated without going to Korriban.)

38. What is your best memory?
When I was twenty-two, ownership of a small lace mill was passed on to me. I had such pride that I had given such a responsibility, and had many plans for myself now that I was through university.

39. What is your worst memory?
The moment I realized that he wasn’t going to get better.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I hate to say, but I do tend to err on the side of optimism. Oh, I try to be pragmatic about things, but I can’t help planning for a glorious future.

41. What is your greatest fear?
That I will be found wanting, or worse, mediocre. That all my work and training will be for naught, and I will be just as powerless as I was on Cesya.

42. What are your religious views?
None, really. Though during and after my son’s illness, I spent a great deal of time in temples lighting incense for the gods, and praying to my ancestors for intercession. It didn’t particularly work out.

43. What are your political views?
The Tapani sector structures its politics on hierarchy and the right for the powerful to rule, and the dismissal of democracy as a defunct process. I agree. If I didn’t, I think I would find the Empire far more grating. Those with power have the right to use it, and to gain authority with it.

44. What are your views on sex?
It certainly seems fine. I’ve personally never met anyone that’s made me want to have sex with them, but it seems to be a very popular pastime for many.

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
Having immolated my husband, I believe the answer is technically yes, though since I have no real memory of it, it will probably be quite different when I kill someone with a clear mind. Intellectually, I understand why some innocents must die, but I find killing children, or the ill, or the very weak, distasteful and disgraceful. Unless you have no other choice, to kill someone like that is unacceptable. However, other murders I don’t hold such tender views for. We are Sith. If we couldn’t handle a little murder we would join the Jedi and meditate all day under a tree or something.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
I’m not sure how you would quantify something like that. Kill a beloved in baseless jealousy? Strangle a loyal pet? Murder your child? Such a question is too vague.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
No. The universe isn’t going around giving everyone soulmates, and neither is the Force. It’s a silly sort of story to justify intense passion.

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Probably fulfilling your great desires. Is that sufficiently hopeful and vague enough to help? Desires are different for everyone, and can be fulfilled in different ways. If you are happy and satisfied, how are you not successful?

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
I am quite honest with myself.
(This is fairly true. Keres strives for pragmatism, and that requires her to be honest with herself and her goals and her abilities. But she frequently compartmentalizes and attributes it to ‘pragmatism’ as an excuse to avoid difficult subjects and feelings.)

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Not anything that crops up or would interfere with my day-to-day life.
(Keres’ political views come into play here. Because she came from a wealthy, if untitled, family, and given the Tapani social and political structure, she very much believes that people who are enslaved or are in poverty deserve it, in a sense. After all, it must be some internal deficit that causes such things, rather than systemic problems.)

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Kill children. I had my own son, I won’t kill others. I would probably refuse to kill a population of innocents, though as that is not a scenario I have encountered, I am unsure how firm I am in that stance.

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
No one, now. Perhaps I would fight for my position as Triumvir Kain’s apprentice, but I’m hardly going to die for it.

Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I try to treat everyone I meet with warmth and respect. This brings far more support to your side than cold indifference. It’s also fairly disarming when combined with my delicate appearance. Though with those I know closely, I am far more likely to tease and joke.

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
My son, in his grave. Perhaps my older sister, who is alive. We still never quite became close, but we were sometimes confidants and it was always easier to go to her than my parents.

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Master Kain and Imperatrix Hesper, of course. I find a certain parallel between Master Kain and myself, and I find him an excellent teacher and guide to this new Sith life. Imperatrix Hesper has been mentioned before, and hardly needs to be rehashed again.

56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
I do not have a best friend. I have been friendly (or more accurately, flirtatious) with Knight Aaric since his apprenticeship. I have interacted with Knight Kira but briefly, and I would be interested in knowing her better. Otherwise, my social group is fairly desolate.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
No.
(Her ex-husband was a minor nobleman, and their marriage was a monetary exchange, and the whole marriage was fairly fraught and unbearable, which ended abruptly when he revealed himself to have poisoned and killed her son.)

58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I have not.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
I don’t.

60. How close are you to your family?
Not very. Now that I have chosen this life, I doubt I will return to them. Though communications might happen one day.

61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
It didn’t end well. And no, I am not planning on starting another.

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
I’m not sure. I have cut contact with my original family, and it would be desperate straits indeed to turn to them. Master Kain, perhaps.

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
No. I trust my Master to protect me, at least in some nominal sense, because I have yet to disappoint him. But I certainly wouldn’t expect him to act as my protector.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
My family, presumably. Though they might grieve me even now. I think Master Kain would miss me, though grieve me is another matter. Knight Aaric might, though who knows.

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
My deceased husband. He was a manipulative and domineering bully. And made all the worse for his banality.

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I do try to avoid arguing, seriously arguing, with people I don’t know or who outrank me. It ruins the image. Though I’m happy to verbally spar with others.

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Not really. I prefer to be a second in command. Great power, less heat.

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Frankly, I don’t like it. It’s loud, it’s annoying and it’s draining.

69. Do you care what others think of you?
Of course I do. I’d have to be an idiot not to. Reputation can twist like a rag, and public opinion shapes how people treat you. With respect, with pity, with fear, with lust. Though it must be balanced that you don’t care too much and destroy yourself for others.

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
I greatly enjoy classical dance. It’s beautiful, and quite a lot of fun. I also enjoy small embroidery projects. I have found myself quite enjoying the more meditative katas that I’ve learned. And I do love some of the historical holos. The intrigues and politicking, the costuming. Sublime.

71. What is your most treasured possession?
I don’t think I have any? I have never been very sentimental for objects.

72. What is your favorite color?
Oh, a brilliant crimson red, or a rich sky blue. Both colors look exquisite on me, yet evoke such different feelings.

73. What is your favorite food?
It might be a bit childish, but fried rice cake with brown sugar syrup. And pineapple tarts! They were my favorite things as a child, and it’s carried over to today.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
Honestly, I quite enjoy political novels and stories on planets I’ve never experienced. I find them quite transporting.
(Keres also enjoys some romance novels, though she has fairly high standards for those.)

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
I enjoy the performing arts. Dance, music, plays, operas, all are interesting to me. I have found myself fond of plays that are reimaginings of older ones, I find them very creative.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I drink socially, and that’s it. I have never understood the desire to ruin yourself with drink or drug in pursuit of a pleasure that will always leave you.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Many times I stay in, though that is usually my favorite night for a play or opera. But if I stay in, I like to pamper myself and maybe read or watch a good story while I do my weekly beauty routine.

78. What makes you laugh?
I prefer my humor a little dry, and I laugh most often at witty exchanges or dry sarcasm.

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
Bad parenting. I suppose crass behavior, and idiots too stupid to keep their mouths shut around their betters. It just seems like such common sense to me.

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
Probably read. I would hate to be disruptive. I might try baking something, if I had the means. I prefer cooking, but late at night I wouldn’t trust myself to not get hurt.

81. How do you deal with stress?
Not always well. I try to plan for most scenarios, but if things go sideways, I tend to get frazzled for a bit, and I can be somewhat snappy. In private I prefer to do something to distract myself so I can think through things calmly. But in public I’m more likely to end a conversation and try to move away from the stressful element.

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I prefer to have a plan, or even just an idea. I like having control of a situation, and spontaneity doesn’t really allow for that.

83. What are your pet peeves?
Dirty nails, for one. Seeing people with bad table manners. People who try to be authorities on topics they have no knowledge of.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Normally, I set my alarm to awaken early in the morning, so I can meditate early before training. Then I bathe, and do my skincare routine, which is sacrosanct for me. Most of my tends to fluctuate, based on lessons or trainings, or tasks I have been set. After the evening meal, I usually take some time to unwind. While the rest of my day I can handle being disrupted, if my morning routine is touched, I am unhappy and off-kilter for most of the day. I need to work on that, but how else am I going to maintain my flawless complexion?

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I am intuitive and manipulative, and an excellent student.

86. What is your greatest weakness?
Well, I’m certainly not going to answer that one.
(Keres is good with people and analyzing situations, yes, but she’s also somewhat passive and stays on the sidelines. Her preference for holding all the cards before she acts can stagnate her progress.)

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My height, probably. It is so very frustrating to be surrounded by all these hideously tall people.

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
For all my warmth and ease at parties, I’m fairly introverted.

89. Are you generally organized or messy?
Very organized. How else will I keep track of things?

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
-Organization
-Quickly assessing a situation
-Speaking to people
-Physical fighting
-Intimidation
-A tendency towards passivity

91. Do you like yourself?
Of course I do. One can hardly become a Sith while internally moping all the time.

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
It’s fairly straightforward, honestly. I had not been aware of my Force abilities until recently, and with Imperatrix Hesper’s recent decimation of the Federation Senate fresh in my mind, it made the most sense to head to Korriban to be trained in the Sith ways. I briefly considered the Jedi Order, but I quickly realized that they were full of waffling layabouts using the Force as an excuse to not do things. I prefer to have control over things.

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
I think I would like to serve on the Dark Council. Ambitious, I know, but I have something like the political experience to know I would enjoy expanding and elevating our Order.

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Ideally, a Dark Lady, perhaps with a planet of my own under my provenance. Either way, I would have liked to establish myself and my holdings, and have created a solid power base that firmly entrenched me within the Final Sith Order.

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Quickly, if you please. I’m no masochist, quickly and painlessly is my goal, hopefully after a life of good governance and widespread good reputation.

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
I hate to say it, but I might send a scathing message to my family detailing all their wrongs in marrying me off to that man and killing my son. I would also spend the day pampering myself and then dressing in my most sumptuous outfit. Maybe I would poison someone I hated. I certainly couldn’t win a fight at my level, but poisons care not how strong you are when you pluck them.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
A good leader.

98. What three words best describe your personality?
Attentive, analytical, far-thinking.

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Poised, warm, and witty.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
Keres, you are strong and far-thinking, always planning ahead. This will get you far in life, but not if you stay inactive. You want to hold all the cards and have the advantage, but refusing to engage unless you’re sure of the outcome will never let you advance or learn more. Risk-taking is a fact of life as a Sith. To disregard it to remain in control will mean you will never amass the power to take true control of your life.

Frankly, the whole thing had exhausted her, and Keres was thrilled to be done, as she sent the completed task back to her Master.

Excellently done, Keres. I know this was an extremely long task, and the posting of Trials did not help matters, but you have done it all the same. Now both you and I should know far more about the character than we did before.

I award you 10 Prestige.

Some time next week, we will begin your next task. It will be an involved RP, to not only further Keres' story but to also test your ability to balance multiple RPs at once.

TASK SEVEN - KERES DYMOS
Date Started:
September 5, 2021
Date First Post Due: September 13, 2021

Keres’ Personal Quarters, Korriban

PicsArt_09-05-09.12.54.jpg

It had been a day like any other. The alarm had gone off as planned, rousing her from her sleep as easily as a gentle hand could have. Meditation came after, centering herself as to not lose herself in the darkness of this place. A bath, her skincare… all of it had gone off without a hitch.
She had spent most of the day on the training grounds, practicing against training remotes, navigating through the minefield of conversations with the other apprentices, and otherwise honing her craft of Sithliness as best she could.

But then she got the message to her datapad. It was from Lord Kain.

“Greetings, Apprentice,

You have been doing very well as of late, and I feel you should be rewarded. On that scroll, you mentioned your love for the opera. Perhaps I can give one a chance, for your sake.
I have arranged a shuttle for you to be taken to Dromund Kaas, where we will meet at the Kaas City Opera House. There is a showing of Squid Lake taking place there tomorrow night; you should be able to make it in time if you don’t tarry.

Regards, Darth Kain”

Personal Quarters, Korriban

Keres was a bit bemused at the message, and then touched. Her Master had recalled that she enjoyed the opera, enough to buy tickets. Though she suspected there was a test of some kind in store. Maybe the test was to convince her Master of the merits of more opera? Though if he didn’t enjoy Squid Lake – one of the most popular and most-produced operas of the time – she was going to have to put in a great deal of effort to find one he would enjoy.

Or it was going to be a different sort of event altogether, in which case she hoped she got to watch the opera first.

Then she paid more attention to the message and swore, very quietly.

She had the one good black dress, with the shimmering black embroidery, folded carefully, and her makeup was restricted to little more than essentials that fit into one pouch. She would have to get ready on the shuttle if she could, good heavens. A few other basics, and a second outfit just in case, and she was out the door.

She had to prepare in the shuttle bathroom, which was atrocious. Scowling, she carefully applied her makeup, taking her time to blend things and apply her lipstick. It was surprisingly difficult to not try to look younger, sweeter. Keres was used to treating social events like these as information-gathering events. It was amazing what a demure look and round face could accomplish, and how many men decided that her looks made her deaf and blind.

The shuttle, thankfully, dropped her off in front of the opera house, and her bag was a deep, warm red that looked more like an overly large purse than a hasty overnight bag. She was cutting it a little fine, and there were enough people milling around outside that her height was working against her. Ah, there.

“Master,” Keres said politely, bobbing a curtsey to Triumvir Kain as she reached him. “Thank you for inviting me. It was very kind of you to think of me.”

TAGS: @Darth Kain

Outside the Kaas City Opera House, Dromund Kaas
PicsArt_09-11-04.02.23.jpgHe had sensed her the moment the shuttle entered the atmosphere. She was dressed well, in spite of the short notice, carrying a rather large purse. He was bemused at the sight, remembering when he stopped needing to carry so many items on his person thanks to the ability he was now teaching her. But today was not a day for lessons on the Aing-Tii or their unique abilities. No, no today was the day for the opera!
Kain had never been much of a fan of such performing arts. He could understand why many beings in the galaxy enjoyed it, but he had always found himself thinking about quite literally anything else when he attended one. That could be just as true today as it was any other time in his life, but he was not lying in that message when he said he would give it a chance.

"Kind to think of you?" he repeated with a chuckle. It was not kindness to think of one's apprentice; it was the minimum. But he did not chastise her. After all, it was just a turn of phrase. "Of course, of course."

His eyes darted about as dozens upon dozens of beings filed around the pair of Sith. All manner of beings, from the most strange of aliens to the most mundane of humanoids, all with the common desire to watch a classic story be told before them. They chattered and chuckled, dressed in their finery and deluded in their respective senses of self importance. Their thoughts were passively read by the Beloved Prince of the Stars as his eyes briefly met theirs.

You've made it to the big time, now, Grork!

Did I leave the stove on?

This is the fifth time I've seen this thing. When is she going to--

Kain quickly cut the thoughts out there, chuckling nervously. Mortal beings were so petty, even the higher class ones.

"I have acquired a private balcony for us, along with a couple friends of mine." He smiled to himself. "Follow me, apprentice."

TAG:
@Keres Dymos

OOC: Feel free to write as far as us reaching the balcony.

Attachments

• PicsArt_09-11-04.02.23.jpg
    PicsArt_09-11-04.02.23.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 0
Outside the Kaas City Opera House, Dromund Kaas

Keres seemed to have misstepped with her comment, but she wasn’t sure why. It could be that, yes, he did have a test in mind and she was not going to be thinking of him positively afterwards, or that he thought she was being a bit much.

Either way, her master was soon distracted by the crush of people as everyone began to socialize and head for the doors. His gaze flicked from person to person, and she would bet peering at their thoughts as well. That’s what she would do, at least. At least, until he abruptly stopped with a nervous chuckle. She did raise an eyebrow at him then, questioning, but didn’t push. It was probably some disgusting thought he unfortunately gleaned. A private balcony sounded delightful anyways. And she was very curious to see who his friends were.

Their path to the balcony, however, was fraught with people. Keres had to judiciously elbow and hip-check people out of her path, lest the crowd carry her away. She had never seen so many ridiculously-shaped skirts. This was an opera, you sat down for it. Oh, she had not missed this part of the opera. At least during her marriage, she usually had a servant to clear paths for her.

The crowds thinned once they went up the steps for the private balconies, people instead to the sides chatting with each other, relishing in their wealth and power. They halted at the balcony, curiosity a buzz in the back of her mind.

Kaas City Opera House, Dromund Kaas

The balcony seemed to be on an entirely different plane of existence when compared to the rest of the room. A few other balconies were scattered across the walls, no doubt filled with esteemed dignitaries, and perhaps even a few other members of the New Sith Order. But this balcony was raised highest above the others, and no other being in this room was held in quite as high esteem as the Beloved Prince of the Stars.

There were four seats here, each far more comfortable than the chairs down on the floor below. Half of the seats were filled, however.

PicsArt_09-15-06.19.53.jpgSitting in one of the seats was a woman with pure white hair and peculiar golden eyes, dressed in a dress of orange and black. The other sittingFaceApp_1631744254838.jpg there was a young girl dressed in yellow; she couldn't have been more than ten years old.

Kain smiled. He was proud to have Keres meet them.

As they stood to greet her, the Dark Lord began, "Keres, this is my fiancee, Lady Abaddon, and my daughter, Eva. Abaddon, Eva, this is my apprentice, Keres Dymos."

Abaddon outstretched her hand in an attempt to shake. "I've heard a lot about you, Keres," she said. "Kain is very proud of your progress so far."

The balcony was, of course, the best of the lot. Keres was very curious as the people –women– rose to meet them. The woman, Abbadon, was beautiful in an almost eerie way, the white of her hair contrasting with the medium tone of her skin, and the gold of her eyes. The child, Eva, was a pretty thing, who looked almost nothing like her parents and yet still bore a resemblance.

Keres took the hand and shook it, accompanied by a short curtsey. “An honor to meet you, Lady Abaddon. I hope I can continue to impress.” Other flattery was on the tip of her tongue, but Keres held it back. In her old circles, overwrought flattery was natural and charming. But Master Kain wasn’t much for it, and she did want to impress. It was a hard reminder, sometimes, of the differences between her life now and then. And the differences between one high society and the next. But there was pride too, that her Master had spoken well of her, even enough to introduce his family to her.

She turned to Eva. “An honor to meet you too, Lady Eva. Have you been to the opera before?” Keres presented her hand, but coupled it with a warm, sincere smile, like she was letting the girl in on a secret. She did like children, even if she didn’t interact with them much. There was a grief, still, and it was best not to prod it unnecessarily. Thankfully, it didn't flare up much these days.

IC: Darth Kain, Darth Abaddon, and Eva

Eva politely shook her head when asked about any previous escapades to the opera. Part of her wanted to say it had been due to her constant training at the Jedi Temple over a hundred years earlier, but Kain had been explicitly clear in his instruction when dealing with Sith, no matter how highly he praised them. The moment most of these Sith learn what you are, they'll contemplate cooking you in a pot and serving you at a feast. The rest would do it without thinking at all.

"No... ma'am," she said, struggling to decide on what honorific to give the Sith Apprentice. "This is my first."

"A first for us both," Kain chuckled.

Abaddon smiled. "My family often went to the opera back when I was a child. My sister and I never quite took to it."

The show was nearly ready to begin, and Kain motioned for everyone to take their seats. Kain sat with Abaddon and Eva to his left, with an open seat for Keres to his right.

"I hope you enjoy it, then," Keres said sincerely. She really did. The arts were a wonderful world, full of infinite layers.

She smiled back at Abaddon, though she quirked an eyebrow at her master. "Master, did you drag your poor fiancée and daughter along to make the opera more enjoyable?" Which made sense. His message had seemed more like he was bravely doing this for her sake, rather than sharing an interest with his apprentice.

Keres took her seat as directed next to her Master, neatly arranging her bag and skirt to her satisfaction. "Will your daughter become an Apprentice?" Keres asked in a curious undertone. Eva seemed to be a sweet girl, unsuited to the Sith, though who knew. Keres was once considered a sweet girl. Then again, many parents didn't want their children to follow in their footsteps. And her Master certainly had the funds to let his daughter do whatever she pleased.

IC: Darth Kain, Darth Abaddon, and Eva

Kain playfully raised his hands in false surrender at Keres’ accusation of bringing his family to make this more bearable. It was true, he had to admit. He was no stranger to the arts, having put to use his painting skills when he briefly worked for the Sphere of Propaganda. But the performing arts were another beast entirely, and opera was the most high-brow of them. He had been raised the son of a smuggler, and, ironically enough, this had made him look down upon the members of higher society. Real fun was found in hotwiring an old T-16 and bullseyeing womp rats, not watching an overweight man in a trenchcoat hold a note for a minute straight - as impressive as that probably was.

“You got me,” he chuckled, before she took her seat and asked a follow-up question. His playful expression turned sour. Eva, beside him, gulped down the desire to tell her no.

He nearly answered before the lights darkened, and the crowd fell into a hushed silence. The Dark Lord nodded towards the center of the auditorium. His eyes spoke a single word, and whether it was an answer, or a means of pushing the topic back for later, Keres would not know.

Later.

Resting on nothing were bubbles of ethereal energy. Mon Calamari acrobats flowed around and through the spheres like water, dancing a hypnotizing ballet. It was beautiful, especially since the species’ near-extinction only decades before. What had once been a display of the Mon Calamari’s grace was now a display of their resolve, their ability to survive the worst that the Sith Empire had thrown at it, only to be playing at one of their opera house’s years later.

But Keres, who no doubt was still enraptured by the display, was… tired.

It was not what one would usually describe as tiredness, not entirely. Her eyes refused to stay open. Her limbs were sluggish. The slow, beautiful dance was little more than encouragement for her to dissolve into sleep. How long had it been since she had a full, deep night’s rest. Weeks? Months? Was it simply all catching up to her now?

Wisely, Keres didn't push it, keeping her mouth shut as soon as she saw his good humor drain away. Obediently, she turned towards the stage, and tried to forget as the orchestra struck up the prelude.

The Mon Calamari were a sight to see, truly. Their ballet not only reflected the story of the play, but also it seemed the struggle they had faced in the last decades. And yet.

And yet. Keres had to cover her mouth to stifle a yawn. Oh my, this box was really spoiling her, it had no right to be so comfortable. She loved Squid Lake, but the shuttle had hardly made for restful sleep. And the seats were so soft and lush. So strange. She was still so enraptured, yet she couldn't figure out what scene they were on. How long had they been sitting here? Surely Act 1 was complete, but was this Act 2 or Act 3? She'd never felt like this at the opera. Was something wrong? Then again, would be embarrassing later, but what could falling asleep hurt? This was a private box, after all. Though it would be a terrible impression for Lady Abaddon and Eva, since this was their first meeting. Why was that important again?

"Master?" Keres asked, though her voice was hardly louder than a whisper. Her thoughts were like treacle. She should be quiet, not bother anyone. Much easier to just... close her eyes... "Master, I feel strange. So tired." Even as she said it, her gaze never left the stage. Her limbs were so heavy. Why not just sleep? The dance coaxed her, every dancer sliding down one of the bubbles made her blink so slowly. The slow spins seemed to drain her of energy, dragging her with them.

TAGS: @Darth Kain

He had not heard her. It was naught but a mouse's whisper whilst his attention was elsewhere.

The hypnotic dance flowed across what little vision she had left, past her slowly closing eyelids. It was all the motivation she needed, all the coaxing she desired, to give in to the temptation. Sleep embraced her like an old friend, a gentle soul nestling her as she fell into darkness as a feather does, slowly sweeping back and forth, as somnolent as the dance. Her eyes closed.

Her rest did not last long.

ddx1eof-dca4ed27-1ef9-4b66-b4fe-57671f0ed3df.jpgA hand pushed against her shoulder, hard. Her eyes would snap open to find a funny looking being flying before her. He had a big, round nose, and equally large eyes. Small wings kept him afloat, rapidly flapping to do so. He smelled of alcohol, strongly so. And he did not look happy.

"What are you doing?" the Toydarian questioned her. "You're supposed to be on-stage in less than a minute!"

A name floated in her mind now, floating just as the Toydarian was. Pollac, his name was Pollac. He was the director for the play. She was the star. And she had fallen asleep just before she was supposed to enter! Goodness, rehearsals must have taken a bigger toll on her than she thought.

Thankfully, it seemed she was already in costume. A thick, wool-lined jacket and pants. A chill ran down her spine despite the warm clothes.

Attachments

• ddx1eof-dca4ed27-1ef9-4b66-b4fe-57671f0ed3df.jpg
    ddx1eof-dca4ed27-1ef9-4b66-b4fe-57671f0ed3df.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom