Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Stryker's Rise - RP

corinthia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Immortalis
Stryker's Rise

20220510_230119.jpg
EyBWIPlWQAEvTyB.jpg

IC: Jedi Master Chalcedony Isosi Kast
The Jungles of Drongar
The swarthy, humid air of Drongar was oppressively heavy-- it clung to clothes and hair, making it stick to skin made slick with perspiration. Under her rebreather-equipped helmet, its tinted, mirrored visor flipped down, Isosi was sweating profusely; there was a trickle running between her eyes, but to risk removing her helmet to wipe it away... she shook her head instead, hoping to knock that irritating dribble off its course. Momentarily, she doubted her decision to call her padawan to such a perilous planet, but she had hoped that being faced with such elemental difficulties would provide Stryker Kai with the kind of crucible which might unlock memories, bringing his forgotten past and skills back into the light.

For what it was worth, Drongar was beautiful in its own way. Threatening, sweltering. The rustle of its exotic jungles and cries of birds and creatures produced an unusual, wonderful sort of symphony. Closing her eyes, Isosi enjoyed it for a moment, picturing the vibrant plumage of those strange birds and arcing trunks of tropical trees-- and even the luminescent, dangerous spores which Drongar was so infamous for-- in her mind's eye.

She opened her eyes when she heard approaching footsteps, swiveling her helmeted head towards the sound. She remained seated on the low-bending tree trunk she had found, ankles crossed and dangling just a few feet off the vegetous jungle floor. Her silver cane-saber lay across her lap, and beside her on the trunk was an additional helmet, identical to the one she wore, and a second lightsaber. No doubt Stryker would come equipped with his own rebreather, but these helmets served multiple purposes, being also equipped to deprive the weaver of sensory input, thus heightening the senses of a Jedi. It was her hope that together they would explore the depths of what it means to be Jedi, unlocking lost memories and skills for Stryker along the way. Using all the tools in her Force toolbox, Isosi knew that one way or another, Stryker would remember.

When the footsteps were near enough and Isosi could see the outline of Stryker's body in the edge of the trees, she tossed the helmet his direction, using the Force to give it extra velocity.

"Put this on, padawan," she said, "and let your training begin."

TAG: @Stryker Kai

Stryker— This is the first of the two training threads I have planned for you. This one will be an ongoing RP, where we will engage in IC lessons and tasks. The other thread will be for essay tasks, which will cover a variety of topics and will be assigned from either an in-character or out-of-character perspective (it will be noted whether a task is IC or OOC).

Generally, you should try to finish and post your responses as soon as you are able; let's make it a goal to have RP responses and task replies up within 10 days or so. Keep track of your Peace Points in your signature here on the forum. I will not assign hard due dates— please be self-motivated as you are able. Remember this is for fun, so don't stress over due dates. Just let me know if you think you're going to need additional time.

Ideally, your training will last about 12 weeks, and you should strive to earn between 50 to 100 Peace Points.

Ground Rules and Encouragements:
  1. Please run any new items by me before seeking approval with 3D-4X (the Council's contact page and droid), and we will review your requests together. I trust that you recognize NJO is first and foremost about storytelling, and not about the acquisition of items (we have had issues with this in the past in other factions). Let's ensure you're acquiring items, weapons, and equipment for all the right reasons.
  2. You are encouraged to focus on learning and quality character growth first and foremost. Develop a strong story, and all else will follow when it is right for it to. I am always open to ideas you may have!
  3. You're now the padawan of a member of the Jedi Council; I encourage you to comport yourself as such in all areas of the group.
Your training will now commence! To begin: post your CS here for review, and reply to the above RP. I will post my own CS as well, so you can easily reference it when necessary.

For your patience thus far, please award yourself +2 Peace points.

Let's begin!

I also understand all of the ground rules and am more than happy to follow. I will bring up any ideas for things I may want to add from this point on through you prior to going through 3D-4X as well.

To say this place was muggy was beyond an understatement. Stryker had been in humid and even uncomfortably hot climates before, but this planet, Drongar made him feel like he was swimming with every step he took. His rebreather was rather basic and nothing too complex. If anything, it was rather outdated and could possibly malfunction due to its age and lack of use. This was something he had to wave off mentally however, because this was not the time to be focused so hard on something that was most likely going to be fine. Especially as he had to continue to wipe his face to be able to see where he was walking clearly. Despite the constant sweating and his outdated rebreather, he was quite happy to be on a planet like Drongar. The place reminded him much of Kashyyyk and it gave him a slight sense of familiarity. He was at peace with the never ending sounds of the jungle.

Stryker took his strides with care as he contemplated some of his thoughts leading to where he was. The ride has been a journey far from expected, but he hoped with a member of the Jedi Council as his personal Master, he would reconnect with what was once lost. While landing here, he thought it best to only bring his Ryyk Blade and leave his lightsabers on the ship. If it was necessary to have them and at the request of Master Kast, he would retrieve them, but for now, it was time to rely on the world around him.

As his mind wandered, he had gotten right up to the Jedi Master and snapped into focus as the rebreather helmet was tossed his way. It slightly caught him off guard, but he managed to get his hands on it regardless. He was honestly grateful he was getting a different rebreather, it got rid of one of his gnawing worries at the back of his mind. Removing his old rebreather and putting the helmet on in its place, he would ensure the seals were tightened properly before he would look back to Master Kast once more and bow appropriately.

"I await your instruction Master, just tell me what I must do," Stryker said with pride in his voice. It felt good to say something along those lines again.

TAG: @corinthia

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

Back
    Top Bottom