Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Star Wars Judgment Day: Part III of the Prelude to Requiem

IC: Lord Volacius, The Wrath of Kain

“Neither do I,” Volacius replied quietly to Eva as he firmly wrapped his fingers around the hilt of his arcane sword. “I suspect those tents are filled with the undead warriors that were responsible for slaying us in Nathemus’ vision. If that is the case, we likely can’t expect to take them head-on and survive, especially if they are the same type of resilient zombies the three of us fought on Korriban.”

Volacius shuddered at the thought of those nigh-unkillable monstrosities, decomposed yet defiant in the face of some of the deadliest attacks from some of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy. He hadn’t been one of the Empire’s strongest then, and for all his growth since, he still wasn’t; not compared to the likes of Hesper or Kain.

“We need some way to neutralize them all quickly,” Volacius thought out loud quietly. “I’d suggest crushing them with another cave in, but we could easily be caught in the crossfire, or at least be cut off from our target.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

IC: Samael

His call to God to give the Jedi an honorable funeral, was met with a few sparks, and then nothing. The Jedi was unworthy of the honor bestowed by God it seemed. Then it occurred to him, his Avatar said to destroy them. Was this a test from him and he needed proof? If proof is what he needed, proof is what he would get, no matter how disgusted it made Samael, he would do anything to learn how to get that closer connection to God, and Kain was the key to that knowledge.

The scream from the child reverberated in Samael’s skull, causing him pain. He is still young, he doesn’t know how to control himself yet. It’s not his fault.

As he approached the fallen Jedi he spoke somberly to the woman they had come back with, trying with difficulty not to choke up as he did. “I’m sorry. Please shield the boy’s eyes. He shouldn’t see the burned up man. He doesn’t deserve to have the nightmares. Let him be an innocent carefree child as long as possible.” The heat from his aura wasn’t strong enough to hide the tears anymore, as his face was covered in them. He never wanted this.

As he stood over the fallen Jedi, he picked up his lightsaber, and then he asked him, knowing he wouldn’t get a response. “Why couldn’t you just leave? I’m so sorry. But why couldn’t you leave. If you left it would have never come to this, and you would still be alive. I never wanted for this to happen, but I had to do what I was told to do. Please, forgive me.” With those last words, Samael swung his fiery orange lightsaber down at the fallen Jedi’s neck, intending to take the burned head to Kain as a disgusting trophy of proof.

(Tag: @Darth Kain @Catalyst @Undying Master Xiannarr )

Ls-orange-yellow.png

IC: The Unknown

Stand down!” Luceno barked. “Identify yourself!

The man’s sewn mouth turned into a smirk, highlighting the fact that he can’t openly speak. Instead he replied with Telepathy, a raspy hissing voice open for all around to hear. ‘That’s above your paygrade,’ it was then three figures appeared down the hall and he nodded towards the Hand of Order, ‘but not his.

The man knelt, and bowed his head to the Triumvir, opening his mind deliberately for Lord Xarxes only to learn everything that the man has seen, and what his purpose here really is. Only he, out of everyone in that room, was privy to the knowledge.

(Powers Used:
Telepathy - 4)

(Tag: @skira @Drakul_Xarxes @Jen'nu @Darth Kain )

Last edited:
IC Catalyst
Caves, Verdanth

The echoing shudders of the cave in abruptly came to a halt, indicating to Catalyst that they had been shunted back to their proper timeline. Things were still, almost discomfortingly so, as they continued past the rockslide. Coming up over a hill and gazing upon the bivouac of what could presumably only be True Sith cultists, Eva shattered the silence with a simple lamentation.

Volacius was quick to agree, proposing collapsing the cave on them again to slay the inhabitants of the tents. Catalyst rolled his eyes, but bit his tongue. Lashing at Volacius further was becoming a bore, and now that they were trapped in a cave together he was more focused on getting this mission over with. He turned to the rest of the party, grimacing.

"I hate to say it," he spoke slowly, "but we need to know more adequately what awaits us down there. We're already bonded; I can continue to scout ahead, if you can continue watching my behind. Hold back, keep each other safe. If I can find Nephthys, you'll know. Obviously, I'm not taking her alone, but if she tries to flee, it'll be easier to chase her down from close proximity. If the inhabitants of these tents start causing a ruckus, I'm relying on you all to keep them off of me." He stared Volacius in the eye with the gaze of a seasoned war veteran. "Do not let me down." His eyes shifted up to Nathemus's, and he gave a respectful nod, before looking at Eva with a soft smirk and a playful wink. He turned away from them, and saber hilt in hand, began stealthily making his way towards the outskirts of the campsite.

TAG: @Darth Kain @Darth Nathemus @Volacius

IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes & Darth Eschaton
The Tsushima, Hallway to the Elevator Shaft
The titanous, metalclad Sith Lord's biot swiveled in its socket, seeking out all life forms around him in the instant that rent space was made whole once more, landing first on the soldiers, then on the false presence of a Phantom. Quickly, his gaze found a man in dark attire, mouth sewn shut, whom he had come to know in the past years. He saw the missive he'd been given, the purpose of his visit, and at once understood where he was needed.

"Make way, Sergeant," he barked to Luceno. "My companions and I are here to aid. I'll be needed down below." Without much consideration for them, he pushed past the soldiers and their leader, beckoning to the Phantom of his steward.

"
The invisible one is an ally. Do not harm him. His purpose here is much the same as mine. Scout the vessel. Ensure we are not being followed by any others, and eliminate those we have no need of."

Without saying another word, he grabbed hold of the cables in the open elevator shaft, a focused use of telekinesis steadying his descent.

Eschaton's Phantom, in the meantime, grinned wickedly, bowing gracefully to his Lord before turning, disregarding the others present, and moving silently down the hall in the opposite direction. His long cloak covered his boots, giving him the appearance of hovering as he moved, as if he truly were a spectre. He floated past Kain and Khatt like a whisp on the airflow of the vessel, fading into the inky blackness of the hallway as he moved back the direction they had initially come from.

The gentle pulsating of flesh did naught to deter the mind of the Black Steward, though he noted how repulsed his companion was. As her eyes began to focus intently on the surrounding walls, his blackened gauntlets stretched forth, wicked claws curving from the tips, and he prepared to call forth once more that esoteric power which is the final principle of all life: entropy.

As he called upon the foul arts, a familiar presence approached: the towering figure of Darth Drakul Xarxes. The Nightfather's voice was, in this atmosphere, oddly calming, as he entreated the two to continue in their efforts. "Darth Kolasi, Lord Eschaton, I apologize for my tardiness. Business on Arkania with Lord Kain kept me preoccupied." His organic eye sought to accomplish the same as Darth Kolasi, fiery passion, restrained only by reason, surged forth from within him, targeting the fleshy walls to burn them away.

TAGS: @skira @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Jen'nu

Powers Used:

Xarxes: Levitation (4)
Deadly Sight (5)

Eschaton: Darkshear (4)

GM's NOTE: Xarxes' use of Levitation rolls 10 + 20 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 16 + 8 allows him to float down with ease.

IC Brooke
Citadel of Fire, Hastur

The briefest of smiles adorned Brooke's face. Keldro was alive, if for just a moment longer. Whatever the fiery being was trying to do to him had failed, thanks to her. She could only relish in her victory for a moment though, before she was knocked to the ground by a scream.

Apollo…

~154 ABY~
Nar Shaddaa

Brooke opened her senses to the sound of battle. Two of the darksiders that were assaulting her crew had been flung away by her scream, but quickly righted themselves to continue their attack. The red haired one was bearing down on Captain Jag, blasterfire pinging off of his crimson saber. Brooke could sense the thermal detonator primed and ready to blast in his pocket, but his thumb was firmly on the switch. On the other side of her, Cate was being assaulted the now-unmasked man who was currently yelling nonsense, his own blasters having little effect. Brooke could only focus on the young man in front of her though, extending his hand to her. "Promise they won't get hurt," she pleaded to him. "I'll go with you as long as they can leave unharmed." Her hand touched his, and for the briefest of moments, she felt the fleeting hope that things would be alright. The click of the captain's dead-man switch seemed to bring about an extended silence though, and the ensuing shockwave from the thermal detonator came rushing at her in slow motion. There was no resisting it, as her frail body was flung away and she slammed her head into the ground, darkness blotting out her Force sight.

~168 ABY~
Hastur

Brooke's ears rang from the sudden shock of Apollo's scream. Her force sight slowly readjusted, coming into focus as Samael strode towards Keldro with all the weight and purpose of an executioner. His eyes turned to hers and he spoke, though she couldn't make out his words over the echo of Apollo's screech. As he raised his saber over his head, Brooke knew she couldn't just let him kill her friend. She could feel Keldro's pain, the fire that burned him, the crushing bruises across his body. She would not let him die in this place. Just as he had pledged to protect Apollo, now she too would protect him. She was no longer the scared girl, waiting on others to save her.

The power of the Force surged into her. She pushed it into her muscles, letting focus and purpose carry her movements. "I said, don't touch him!" Her voice was no longer one of sadness, but resolution. Her legs tensed beneath her, and she burst forward, aiming the point of her shoulder directly into Samael's torso before he could complete the swing of his blade.

TAG: @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Undying Master Xiannarr

Powers used:
Force Valor: 2
Force Speed: 2

IC: Arach, Vitani, Voxyn, & Voidwalker
The Tsushima

Voxyn and Voidwalker had been quick to attack Vaer and defend their family members, each man had their own goals in mind. For Voidwalker, he'd hoped to rip Vaer's head off and finally rid the galaxy of the mind parasite. Unfortunately Vaer managed to avoid the attacks and like the serpent he was, he'd slithered away.

Vitani hit the ground with a thud, coughing and gasping as the hold on her neck was released. Vaer had escaped the room, phasing through the floor to get away from them, Voxyn had no intention of letting him get away but first he had to check on Vitani and Arach. Vitani was atleast still conscious, the same could not be said for Arach who was laying unmoving on the ground. Rushing across the room to the two of them he checked on Vitani and made sure Arach was even alive.

Voidwalker was prepared to rip the ship apart and go after Vaer. He drew back prepared to plunge his claws into the floor when just out of his peripheral vision he caught a glimpse of Arach laying on the floor. He froze at the sight of her body laying crumpled on the floor. It was as if he was chained down, his own captors refusing to let him have his freedom. His worst fears started to surface to the front of his mind. He'd been unable to help his son that he and Arach lost, he didn't know what he'd do if she was lost to him.

“She’s still alive,” Voxyn said over his shoulder to Voidwalker. “If you can help me heal them, then we can all make it out of this alive.” He didn’t wait for Voidwalker's response. Cracking his knuckles he placed his hands on Arach and Vitani’s shoulders, calling on the force as best as he could and channeling it to the both of them in an attempt to heal them.

Her consciousness began to sporadically return as soon as her ability to breath was restored. She was vaguely aware of the talking around her. Though she tried to listen, her ears wouldn’t cooperate…

Voxyn's words cut through his doubts like a lightsaber through a youngling. Arach was alive! Voidwalker could feel the invisible chains of his fears start to rust and crumble away as he lifted himself from the floor back onto his feet. Step by step, he made his way over to where Voxyn was kneeling down beside Arach and Vitani, the facade of his talisman giving away, reverting Voidwalker back to his human appearance.

"Focus on her." Voidwalker directed to Voxyn, referring to Vitani, as he removed the scientist's hand from Arach. "I'll take care of Arach."

Voidwalker knelt down and carefully placed his arms under Arach as he scooped her up into his arms. Her head rested against his chest as he stood back up. The Cursed Champion carried his wife's body across the room, back towards where the portal had first opened up. Being cautious to not make any sudden movements, Voidwalker easily moved down to his knees. He lowered his head and whispered into Arach's ear. "Come back to me."

Again, she became aware when she felt herself being lifted. Again, she faded out.

Voxyn watched Voidwalker carry Arach away for a second, he had reverted from his demonic form back to his normal human appearance, he was going to have to have Voidwalker tell him how to do that later. He then turned back to Vitani.

"How did you get here?" Vitani asked her brother when she had finally gotten enough of a control on her coughing to speak. "How did you even know where here is?"

"And I'd like to know why you're here, but we don't have time for that now. To summarize a long story, we aren't going to be welcome in Imperial territory anymore." Voxyn told her as he focused his energy into healing her. "Kain sent Voidwalker and I here through a portal, I didn't know you were here when I stepped through the portal."

Arach came to for the third time when a well loved voice whispered in her ear. She was so tired, but she was powerless to resist. She managed to force her golden eyes open. A lazy, flirtatious grin spread across her lips as she recognized the man sitting with her. “Hey, there, handsome,” she managed to whisper, her injured throat not allowing more than that. She lifted her hand to rest against his cheek. “I’m not sure if my husband would approve of you being so close to me.”

"Don't speak, just try to feel better." Voidwalker responded to her in a whispered tone. He gently rested her body down onto the ground, his hands placed on her chest, over her heart as he focused. She had to live, she had to recover from her injuries and quickly. He'd thought about giving her some of his blood to help in her healing, but that would take time to get into her system and work. Arach needed to be saved now. Voidwalker placed his hands on her chest over her heart as he focused on pouring every bit of his power into her, if that's what it took to make sure that his wife lived.

The sound of bone scraping, dragging and skittering reverberated through the metal walls and filled the room as the sound of something approaching reached their ears.

"What is that?" Voxyn asked, looking from the walls to the entrances of the room.

"I don't know what they are," Vitani replied as she grabbed her lightfoil. "They look like some kind of golem made of flesh and bone. The ship seems to be infested with them. They are hard to kill and wounds in the force. You have to sever their limbs, though you could probably burn them all."

Powers Used:
Voxyn: Darkside Healing - 4
Voidwalker: Dark Transfer - 10

TAG: @Darth Kain

GM's NOTE: Voidwalker's attempt to lift Arach incurs a STR roll, rolling 17 + 20 + 5 and succeeding. He picks her up with relative ease without hurting her at all.

IC: Lady Makaria
Hesperian Sanctum, Bosthirda

She didn't particularly want to abandon Kento and whomever else might still be alive on Pyxis, but Makaria was a sensible woman, and knew better than to fall to teary sentiment. Kento was, for all his work, a dead man, and even an elite platoon might not be enough to keep them safe as they hunted through the Academy for any living apprentices.

No. Perhaps later, when this was done, she would light incense in Damian Kento's memory, and hope that her gratitude went with him to the next life. He certainly didn't look like he would last even if she went to him.

"No, you are right," Makaria said, as ruthless as a brick wall. "There is no point in going and trying to hunt for what survivors there might be. I will hunt for the ships, and our lost Apprentices." She paused, face not softening, not in anything like tenderness. It was a soldier's kindness, a general's reprieve.

"You will be honored for what you have done," Makaria told him, dipping her chin to him. "And I will not let it be in vain, I will make sure that those who escaped make it to Bosthirda safely."

TAGS: @Darth Kain

GM UPDATE

IC: Apollo
Hangar, The Citadel of Fire, Hastur

The boy's fists clenched as the weeping demon moaned to them, lamenting the evil he intended to wreak on the fallen Jedi Knight. Tears were welling in Apollo’s eyes, hot, fiery tears that stung his cheeks like the rains of Vjun. He could feel something inside of him churning, twisting and boiling like his very blood was on fire. But this was not the flames he thought they were, and certainly not the very fire that burned in the star heart of his father. This was something more vile and horrific. It wasn’t burning him anymore. But he could feel it all the same. A decay. A rot. Coursing through him, sparked by the fear and the worry and the anger and the horror of the scene played before him.

A voice whispered in his mind, a voice he had never heard before. It was a raspy thing, like the words of a bog witch offering him a deadly choice. He shouldn’t be bottling this rot inside of him. He should unleash it. That would get them to stop fighting. No one would fight anymore. They wouldn’t be allowed to.

He raised his hand, the whisper growing and growing like the roar of a tornado tearing through an open plain.

But Brooke stopped him.

She moved like a blur, screaming and slamming into Samael before his lightsaber could find purchase with Keldro’s neck. They crashed into the floor together, lying like the unconscious Jedi. It was a pile of bodies, battered either by their own doing or by Apollo’s scream of terror. He dropped his hand, allowing the rot inside of him to fester a little longer.

There was little he could do to describe this new feeling. It made him sick, not only because of the havoc it was playing with his sense of normalcy, but also because of the /power/ he now felt. This was not like the Force. The Force was like water, ebbing and flowing through all things and providing the sustenance he needed. But this was like a dark ambrosia, a nectar that the gods would warn you to avoid lest you draw close to their thrones.

As Samael lay there, either contemplating his next attempt to follow Kain’s orders or retaliating against the woman that just cut through him like a spear, he would hear a voice not dissimilar from that of the one that lingered in Apollo’s mind. This was not a mere whisper, however, and it was a voice that he would recognize.

“That is enough,” Kain told him. “The work is done.”

But the Beloved King of the Stars was not done.

This had all been a tool for him, the method by which he knew Apollo’s demonic power would spark inside his little body. Tragedy was how his own power came to be, and he knew the boy would have felt some connection to seeing the death of Keldro Unmar. But that had, thankfully, not proven to be wholly necessary. Brooke getting into the crossfire had not been part of the plan, though there was little doubt that she had been the one to save the Jedi’s life. In the end, that would prove to save the King more trouble than his initial plan would have wrought.

The next part of the plan, however, would require that all those in this hangar would never remember what started this conflict. Not the order of Kain to Samael, not the clash of words, not the true reason for the explosion of the starfighter, and not the trauma that Apollo had to endure to activate the eldritch-killing power now flowing through his veins.

Unseen, unheard, the Dark Messiah’s flare-like tentacles weaved through the minds of Apollo, Brooke, Keldro, and Samael. None of them would remember how they got here, why they were fighting, or even how the fight went. They would all awake with ringing ears, they would see the fires of the wrecked starfighter, and they would feel the ache of pain coursing through their bodies.

The Beloved King arrived at the hangar now, flanked by a pair of Hasturan guards. Eyes wide, he rushed over to his son as the guards came over to the trio closer to the explosion. “Apollo!” Kain exclaimed. “Are you alright? What happened?”

The new memories began to come to them now, though they would not know them any differently from the truth. Samael was sent by Kain to escort Brooke, Apollo, and T1-FA to greet the arriving Keldro Unmar, who had come to ensure Apollo’s safety. The protocol droid had begun to take Apollo back, since he was complaining of not feeling well, before overhearing the astromech speak in Binary as it sat in the starfighter. None of them knew Binary but her, and she realized that the rogue astromech was counting down. She could scarcely warn them before the astromech self-destructed, blowing up the starfighter and nearly killing them. They’d all been knocked unconscious from the blast, and were only now starting to come to.

“I don’t feel so good,” Apollo said, the rot inside of him swelling. But his mismatched eyes landed on Brooke, Keldro, and Samael. “Are they going to be okay?”

Kain let slip a smile. “I won’t let anything happen to them. Or you. I promise.”

Picsart_23-09-08_18-41-23-885.jpg

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Undying Master Xiannarr

OOC: Brooke’s use of Force Valor to enhance her following actions rolls 17 + 10 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 9 + 4 gives her a +3 bonus to the following rolls.

Her use of Force Speed rolls 18 + 10 + 5 + 3, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 6 + 4 allows her to dart forward quickly enough to cause Samael’s attack with his lightsaber on Keldro roll with disadvantage, and significantly increase the likelihood of it failing (from a DC 5 to a DC 20).

Samael’s attempt to cleave off Keldro’s head will incur a DEX roll, since he is experiencing disorientation, and also now because Brooke is rushing toward him with Force Speed to tackle him. He rolls 3 + 13 + 1, failing to finish the job before Brooke makes contact.

Brooke’s tackle on him incurs a STR roll, rolling 16 + 10 - 2 + 3 and successfully overcoming his DC. This will knock Samael off of his feet and incur 1d4 of Blunt Damage, rolling a 2. His HP drops to 11.

Kain’s use of Memory Rub on Apollo, Brooke, Keldro, and Samael rolls 19 + 25 + 10, successfully passing all of their DC. An Effect Modifier of 21 + 9 completely wipes their minds of the desired memories and implants new ones to fit his narrative.

IC: The Hunter

Flight Lounge, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-09-08_18-51-05-276.jpg

The orchestra of bone and steel died until naught but eerie silence could be heard. The creatures within the walls seemed to skitter away, as if someone, or perhaps something, had scared them off. One could believe this to be a blessing. After all, a horde of these monstrosities was no laughing matter, and they had just been spared the onslaught.

Little did they know that they had simply traded one slaughter for another.

Bursting through a vent on the northern wall, tearing through the durasteel as if it were made of tissue paper, one of the Necromorphs appeared. But it was not as the others they had seen before.

It was a creature of crimson, the meat and sinew normally reserved for the inside of a body unnaturally on the outside. The only hint of its origin was its face, which maintained some facsimile of amber skin and the faded tattoos common among Mirialans. But that was the only resemblance to a living creature it could have. Its arms were gone entirely, long, angular blades of bone protruding from the shoulders and hanging low. Three tentacles of flesh hung from its agape mouth like a trio of vile tongues, wriggling and writhing as the monster found its next prey. It was closest to Vitani and Voxyn, the siblings unlucky enough to be nearer to its entrance.

It lunged at them, one bone scythe going for each of them, hoping to impale both Sith outcasts directly in the chest. But the simultaneous strike was telegraphed, allowing the blonde twins to dodge out of the way.

Voidwalker had not been so lucky.

Though Arach could notice a strange aberration in the floor beneath Voidwalker’s feet, the metal seeming to swirl, she was not able to warn him in time. The gold of the Lacerant Configuration, the very device that Arach feared so greatly, poked through the floor. Protruding from it was a blade, and it slashed for the rear of her husband’s ankle, digging into the flesh and drawing blood. The Configuration disappeared back into the floor, and Voidwalker would begin to feel the terror that his wife once felt.

The Tsushima began to spin, his stomach turning with it as it rolled. All that surrounded him, his wife, the monster, the others, they were nothing now. His eyes found only the doorway on the western wall, which now seemed to stretch into a long corridor of wet stone. Light poured from the supernatural hall, cold and uncaring, as the door at the end of it began to creep open. A silhouette stood against the light, slight yet imposing. The light behind obscured the details, but he would see her hands wrapped before her, and the pins sticking out of her pallid flesh.

They were here. And they were here for him.

Picsart_23-09-08_18-56-06-614.jpg

TAGS: @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Arach

OOC: Voidwalker’s Dark Transfer on Arach rolls 10 + 21 + 10, succeeding. 10d10 are rolled for Healing, rolling 2 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 3 + 8 + 10 + 2 + 9 + 2. Arach’s restored to her full HP of 41. Voidwalker, however, is exhausted, and any rolls he takes before resting will be done with disadvantage from here on.

His healing blood does kick in, rolling 1d4. It rolls a 4, restoring his HP to 32.

Voxyn’s use of Dark Side Healing on Vitani rolls 14 + 18 + 5, also succeeding. 4d6 of Healing is rolled for, rolling 5 + 4 + 1 + 4. Vitani is healed to 20 HP.

The Necromorph Hunter’s attack on Voxyn and Vitani rolls 4 + 18 + 7, failing to breach either of their DC.

Everyone in the Flight Lounge has to undergo a Perception check against a DC of 30:

Voidwalker rolls 3 + 21, failing.
Voxyn rolls 7 + 18, failing.
Arach rolls 9 + 21 + 3, succeeding.
Vitani rolls 11 + 17 + 1, failing.

Those who pass the check see an aberration in the floor just behind Voidwalker’s heels, as if the material were wobbling and shifting.

Vaer’s use of Force Phase rolls 15 + 19 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 15 + 6 allows him to pass the Lacerant Configuration through the floor with ease.

His attempt to slash Voidwalker’s ankle with the Lacerant Configuration will incur a DEX roll. Since Voidwalker failed the Perception Check, it will roll with advantage. With it, the attack rolls 19 + 19 + 4 and successfully breaches Voidwalker’s DC. 1d4 of Sharp Damage is rolled for, rolling a 2 and dropping Voidwalker’s HP back down to 30. Suffering damage from the Lacerant Configuration summons the Cenobites to hunt down Voidwalker.

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars (Combo w/ @Cardun Vrek and @Darth Nathemus)

The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

Cal could feel Kain’s eyes burning into his skull as Huskac’s connection to the Dark Side was severed. The former Sith Lord spoke, asking Cal not to use his Sith title as he was no longer a Sith, and no longer interested in ‘petty squabbles and pursuit of power for its own sake’.

But now you wish to be a King, instead of just a Lord.

“I know you wish me to call you a King, but until the Federation acknowledges your rule, I cannot. I called you Lord out of respect. It was not meant to call back to your time as a Sith.”

Kain nodded. "Very well, Master Jedi. I need no declarations of my title from you, for even if your Federation were to acknowledge my sovereignty—however unlikely that would be—you would not be my subject. I don't intend on ruling over Federation territory; I am no Huskac."

“You have been open in your intentions and have sought us out to discuss them. You are most definitely no Huskac,”
Cal replied, honestly.

"Indeed."

The Beloved King's eyes fell on the Grandmaster now, though any hint of fury had died. "Are you alright?" he asked the older man. "Normally one as strong in the Force as you only grows silent when something far away has your attention."

Durron's will had been shaken. Kain was right to assume that his mind was occupied by other things. Though how far off they really were, he did not know. "I must admit that I do not know the extent of what dangers await the galaxy. Whatever may happen will fundamentally alter the course of history."

Cal stepped towards the Grandmaster. “We have to act quickly, Master Durron. We don’t know how many others have been taken over by Shadow Beings. In the event of a hostile act against the Federation, for all we know the Senate and the military could be compromised. Even the Order itself isn’t safe…” Cal argued, though he wished he hadn’t uttered that last sentence in present company. But still, he knew he was right. They had to act now.

Kain stepped toward the pair of Jedi. He would not feign ignorance of their conversation, having overheard it clear as day now that the rabble had been cleared out.

"The Jedi Order should be significantly easier to clear of any infestations now that you know of their existence. You can simply bathe all the Order in the light of the Force and, should they recoil or perish, you know that you're dealing with one of them. The Sith, and frankly the rest of the galaxy, will have to rely on more technological means. Or more barbaric. A simple prick of the finger to see what color blood a person has can do the trick as well, if one cannot access thermal or chemical scans."

Cal hesitated, but Kain wasn’t leaving, so they might as well talk now rather than waste time. “The first thing to be done is to gather the Jedi Council and ensure they’re not affected. Then, the highest echelons of the Federation leadership and military. The Order will need to be more forceful than we normally are. We cannot afford not to be. As for the Sith…it will likely be bloody. No doubt they will use it as an excuse to eliminate rivals and settle petty scores. It wouldn’t be the first time the Sith destroy themselves in a time of Galactic crises.”

Kain nodded. “That much is true. Though I do not mourn their impending losses. Any that would rather murder their fellows than focus on the greater threat deserve what’s coming to them. Should they survive, it ought to be because of our mercy, not their own guile.” His eyes fell on Huskac as the troopers carried him away.

“I think we’ve talked enough. You may come with me to Hastur if you wish. There we can organize more concentrated efforts as allies. Or you may simply wish to get the Order’s affairs in order first, which I cannot deny would be prudent. The temple needs attention from the both of you, especially after the attack, and your Council needs to be vetted if you are to trust any of them. On top of this, I am sure the ordeal of dealing with the conquered lands of Huskac will be weighing heavy on you, too. I am sure Empress Fel and Admiral Stazi will appreciate any aid you can provide them, though I would also vet them as well. Who knows what destruction could unfold if either of them were replaced?”

TAGS:
@Cardun Vrek, @Darth Nathemus

IC: Eva

Underground Abode, Verdanth

Picsart_23-09-08_19-12-27-905.jpg

With no objections, the Master of Cunning Linguistics turned to the art of stealth rather than relying on his wit. And now, as he moved ahead, feet lighter than feathers and shadow darker than night, none could deny that he was as skillful an assassin as he was an orator. Even with their bond, none of those who accompanied him would notice him as he snuck into the camp, avoiding the crackling green firelight and sticking to the shadows cast by the emerald orb above.

Those in the tents heard nothing, saw nothing. But he could see them as he passed through their camp, taking count of their enemies and seeing who they were.

In the dim light within their tents, they appeared as nothing more than frail men and women wrapped in blood-red robes. No more than a dozen. They were sleeping, though Catalyst wouldn’t need the Force to tell that something was wrong. This was not a sleep that came from exhaustion or any other mortal tiredness. Their breaths were in unison, with no snores and no movement beyond. This was less sleep and more hibernation, but from what, who could say?

The house itself seemed to be locked. A slight tug on the door handle, imperceptible to anyone but Catalyst himself, was enough to tell him that.

All of this information was sent to and processed by the others, who had decided to lag behind. Feeling it to be safe, Eva began to sneak over herself, not waiting for either Nathemus or Volacius to protest. She made her way over to Catalyst, not waking the sleeping robed beings, and found what he now stood over.

Just beside the entrance to the house, half-buried in the dirt, was a Stormtrooper’s helmet. The scuffs and muck embedded into the plasteel told of a brutal fight, though both Catalyst and Eva would get the sense that the helmet had not been left there recently. No, it looked as if it’d been left here for years, maybe longer. But these were definitely the kind of helmets worn by the troops that had landed on Verdanth.

“Did we jump back to the present?” whispered Eva, knowing her bond would convey the thought to the others. “Or did we jump… further forward?”

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Volacius, @Darth Nathemus

OOC: Catalyst’s attempt to sneak over to the tents incurs a DEX roll, rolling a natural 20 and earning a critical success. He is able to move through the camp outside the house with no issue whatsoever, and no one seems able to see him.

Catalyst and Eva both roll a Perception check with a DC of 25.

Catalyst rolls a 2 + 21 + 5, succeeding.
Eva rolls a 7 + 16 + 6, also succeeding.

They both find the Stormtrooper helmet half-buried in the dirt.

IC: Damian Kento’s Hologram

Hesperian Sanctum, Bosthirda

Picsart_23-09-08_19-17-03-797.jpg

Kento had already expected this. It was what he preferred. The others were more important than he was, he knew that. Saving him would mean nothing if the rest of the survivors were lost.

“You honor me, Lady Makaria,” he said, head bowed. “May the Force serve you well. May it serve us all.”

With that, the transmission ceased, and nothing now stood between Makaria and her assignment. Gathering troopers was easy with the Empress’ blessing, allowing her to summon a platoon of Hesperian troopers outfitted with the best armor and weapons one could afford within the ranks of the Final Sith Order’s military. Led by Lieutenant Anders of the 331st, they would ensure that Makaria’s will was enacted with resounding force.

Then she was given a ship, a cruiser that would house the entirety of her forces, which numbered forty soldiers in eight squads of five. They went to work quickly, ensuring the ship was prepared for takeoff and the jump to their destination, the location of these lost vessels from the fleeing force of Pyxis.

Upon examining the coordinates and inputting them into the cruiser’s navcomputer, Lady Makaria would realize the destination. It was… certainly not anything close to Bosthirda.

The trackers on those ships showed them all either at or heading to a world in the far outer reaches of the Outer Rim, on the edges of the Unknown Regions, to a star system known as Nytocrises. A massive red star rested at the center of the system, and far from its reaches yet still within its orbit was the terrestrial world that held the same name. All she would know of it was that the planet was a literal hive of various insectoid races, and they had all proven intensely hostile to outside forces.

As the cruiser launched into hyperspace, one question would be running through the minds of every soldier on this vessel.

What in the Force were those survivors doing there?

TAG: @Dark Lady Makaria

IC: Helvara

Approaching Nytocrises

She nodded. “Of course you weren’t. None of us were prepared for that. I especially wasn’t prepared for the rest of the team to abandon the mission the moment it became difficult.” Strangely, despite what she said, she did not say it with any hint of malice or vitriol. It was spoken matter-of-factly, as if she wasn’t there to witness the betrayal herself.

“I went on my own to capture the boy, at least. That way the Empress could use him as leverage against Kain. But the Jedi had snuck on right beneath your noses. I didn’t have a chance against so many.”

That sounded a bit more personal.

“Still, you are only an apprentice. The fault isn’t on your shoulders, or yours,” she nodded to Mardinga. Her eyes turned toward the cockpit, then fell back on them. “We’re nearing the rendezvous point. I’ve been commanded to confiscate any polished items lest the undead somehow find a way through. That includes any jewelry you have or any metallic weapons, like your lightsabers. They will be returned once we ward them and ensure they’re safe.”

She held out her hand, expecting the pair of apprentices to do as she told them.

TAGS: @Sharkish’Ki, @Mardinga

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

Northeast Hallway, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-09-08_19-42-13-027.png

The Dark Messiah’s eyes narrowed at the stranger with the sewn mouth, this man showing glibness to the troopers and the enigmatic Eschaton but utter subservience to the newly-arrived Nightfather. A servant of the Dark Council, then. Perhaps even one specifically dedicated to serving the Triumvirate. If Kolasi, and now Xarxes, were both here, it’d be no wonder that one of their dogs wouldn’t be far. Still, he could prove useful so long as he did not get in the way.

Eschaton seemed to ignore both Kain and Khatt, his phantasmic form floating down the corridor behind and disappearing from sight. Little did the King know that Eschaton would pass by the arriving entourage of King Avery with nearly the same amount of indifference, the only dissimilarity being a gleeful smile of blackened bile flashed at the Onderonians before continuing down the eastern hall and toward the flight lounge.

Kain could feel the dedication of Avery before he even arrived in the hall. He turned toward the fellow King, bowing his head. “King Avery,” he said. “It seems like I only saw you moments ago.” Jokes now aside, Kain relaxed his shoulders. “Let’s get your wife out of this place.”

He then turned to Khatt. “I need a favor from you,” he whispered. The Beloved King’s eyes shifted to the mysterious stranger. “Find out what he knows. One way or another. I will be back to hear what you learn.”

As if not just conspiring against the man, Kain approached the group of soldiers that had surrounded him. He picked out the leader immediately, not only from the markings of his armor but also from his stature. The look on his face was that of a man whose mind had just been invaded. Not a pretty sight, but Kain did not care. “Sergeant,” he said, nodding. “I want you to escort King Avery here and get the Triumvirs out of there. I know what is down there, and I do not want to risk anyone’s deaths over it. Especially theirs.”

Luceno straightened his posture. “I don’t take orders from you, traitor.”

Kain blinked, then smiled. “I’m not giving you an order that your Empress wouldn’t, Sergeant.” The vanity in his heart threatened to leap out of his throat and burn this little man alive. “But fine. I have other business to attend to; the captain of this ship has some explaining to do.”

With that, he turned down the hall and went in the same direction that Lord Mavros’ party had gone earlier.

Sergeant Luceno turned to the arriving King of Onderon, not as eager to disrespect this royal so openly. He allowed his troopers to part, giving Avery and his entourage ample space to head into the elevator shaft first. He didn’t have time to ask how the King got here or what they were here for. Traitors, Triumvirs, and strangers had a habit of appearing out of nowhere on this damned ship, and an Onderonian was the least odd of them all.

TAGS: @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Jen’nu, @skira

OOC: [REDACTED]’s use of Telepathy rolls 16 + 18 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 15 - 1 allows Luceno to hear the stranger’s words through his mind.

IC: The Leviathan

Cargo Hold, The Tsushima

The attacks launched by Darth Drakul Xarxes and his Black Steward seemed to have no effect on the fleshy walls of this malevolent hallway. But the same could not be said for the fiery gaze of the Queen of Onderon. It tore through the skin and meat like a concentrated turbolaser, slicing through and melting the organic matter. Whatever this was, it was tough, stronger than the flesh of most other beings she had ever encountered. But she had never encountered anything that could withstand her stare, and this… stuff, was no different.

The melted flesh recoiled away from the door and most of the hallway, leaving only the half that they now stood in still covered in meaty muck. But the flesh was not content to be attacked without reprisal.

The walls shifted, a pair of barbed tentacles lashing out at the pair of Xarxes and Eschaton. The latter was able to avoid the swing of the whip-like creature, but his master was not. It struck the Nightfather in the chest, the sharpness of the barbs bouncing harmlessly off of his alchemized plate, but the pure force of the impact was enough to steal the breath from his lungs for but a moment. Whatever this entity was, it had plenty of power behind it.

Another of the tentacles spawned near where Lady Kolasi stood. And yet, rather than attack her, it simply retreated instead. Was she not worthy of the effort? Had she been able to scare it into fearing her? None could know for sure. Not yet, anyway. But the tentacles all retreated into the fleshy walls, leaving the Sith a clear path to the cargo hold, where their quarry lay.

TAGS: @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes

OOC: Kolasi’s use of Deadly Sight on the fleshy walls rolls 15 + 20 + 10, succeeding. 5d10 are rolled for Heat Damage, rolling 4 + 8 + 8 + 3 + 2. For a total of 25, this is enough to clear the area around the doorway of the flesh and about half of the hallway entirely.

Eschaton’s use of Darkshear rolls 2 + 19 + 5, failing to have any effect.

Xarxes’ use of Deadly Sight rolls 5 + 20 + 10. It also fails to have an effect.

The tentacle’s lash at Eschaton rolls 2 + 23 + 10, failing to overcome his DC and missing.

The tentacle whip at Xarxes rolls 14 + 23 + 10, surpassing his DC and hitting. 5d4 of Blunt Damage is rolled for, rolling 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 1. This drops Xarxes’ HP to 14.

IC: Captain Morrow

Enroute to the Escape Pod, The Tsushima

Leaving the captain’s quarters was simple enough. The soldiers surrounded them as best they could, with LE-14 trailing just a bit behind the captain. Morrow found the redheaded girl a bit odd, what with her saying they would be friends now, but he couldn’t help but keep up that old charm, even with the crazy ones.

“I’ve had worse friends,” he said to her. “That is some beautiful hair, by the way. I--”

The droid scooted forward, interrupting. “Captain Morrow, my scanners indicate that you must be su--”

“Quiet, droid,” Morrow snapped at it. “Can’t you see I’m busy?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Now be a good little maintenance droid and zip it. Unless you want to get left on this rust bucket.”

LE-14 complied, for a moment, until it noticed something strange. There was a small gash on the side of Morrow’s leg, cutting through the fabric of his jeans. But…

Before the droid could examine it further, all heads turned in the direction they had come from before, past the captain’s quarters and away from the escape pods. Morrow seemed the most distraught of them all as he saw the man. The one he had just indicated as the source of all this, the one that hired him. It was Kain, the Seed of Chaos.

“I see it now,” Kain boomed. “That’s why you did it.” His eyes were locked on Morrow, ignoring the others.

“P-protect me,” the captain muttered to Mavros and Zareel. “Without me, you got nothing on this ship and nothing on him.”

TAGS:
@Cardun Vrek, @Zareel

Last edited:
IC: Samael

Before his lightsaber was able to connect, Brooke’s shoulder connected with his torso, eliciting a soft “umpf” to escape his lips, while his grip tightened on both lightsabers, his orange blade deactivating before it could harm the Avatar’s guest.

As he lay on the ground trying to work up the will to continue his task, he heard the Avatar of God speak to him in his mind. “That is enough,” Kain told him. “The work is done.

Samael let out a sigh of relief when he heard that. He already felt guilty for killing the Jedi, to mutilate him after death felt like it was going too far, but he needed to prove his worth to learn from God’s Avatar, And he would do whatever was necessary to get closer to his goal, even if it disgusted him.

But just as fast as he felt that relief wash over himself, his memory of the whole ordeal was removed, and replaced with a new narrative. A more pleasant narrative. But it didn’t explain everything. Like why his face was wet.

The child was very sweet, but he still didn’t want to get attached, he couldn’t. The last child he cared about suffered. So he would keep his distance, even if he had to make sure he was safe.

As he came to, he noticed the extra lightsaber in his other hand, he didn’t know where it came from, so he hid it for now. He would try to find answers later when there weren’t guests around.

It was then that he turned to the other two, the woman, Brooke, was closest to him, she didn’t seem too harmed, that was good. She was apparently one of the Avatar’s old friends after all, and he didn’t need the extra worry for her. The other one was the one they were sent to meet, he could only slightly recognize him from the burns as the Jedi that he saw just before he went flying through the portal in the Jedi Temple.

It was coming back to him, the droid and ship exploded, and he was the closest to it. He noticed the guards getting closer. He wasn’t technically their master, but if this Jedi was meant to be a guest maybe they would listen. “This guest needs medical attention. Get him to an infirmary at once. Now!

TAG: @Undying Master Xiannarr @Catalyst @Darth Kain

Last edited:
IC: Khatt Douw.
Northeast Hallway, The Tsushima.

uxnxch0otjf41.jpgSomething was screaming in the distance. It was an ear-curling whine, almost robotic in frequency. The echoes of conversation kept on ringing eternities later, the tears of a mental maelstrom still streaming from her eyes.
‘’My son, Apollo.’’ Lingering surprise, a memory of hopeless, dejection.
‘’He’s the key.’’ Fiery frustration, loneliness, bitterness.
‘’My son, I would trap him in Illathurion.’’ Sorrow, betrayal, realization.
The wafting form passing by her only added a cringing sense of disgust.
The whining in her ears drowned out all other sound, leaving only a rancorous shriek. Antipathy flared from Him, an inferno of indecipherable sensations.

It gave her a single line to cling on.
FIND HIM!

‘’I need a favor from you. Find out what he knows. One way or another. I will be back to hear what you learn.’’
Did he truly think he could walk away as if nothing had happened? As if nothing had just been said? As if he had not just put himself on display? Her mouth cracked open to hurl castigations. Shentha’s spidery hands curled into claws, to grab his throat from behind.
Nothing happened. Seething spite almost spat from her mouth, yet she stood frozen in place.
Now was not the time. He was still too important. And so she went along.

Her knees softened onto the ground to face the unknown stranger. His mouth being sewn shut was strangely, or perhaps unsurprisingly, not much of a shock. Still towering over him, she finally extended a hand, her head leaning down to whisper.
‘’It seems our allegiances are aligned. You’re not safe here. I’ll escort you to safety, wherever it may be.’’ But the words coming from her mouth held not even a third of their attention.

Her mind was elsewhere, sinking into in ocean of interstellar winds. She only had one lead on where he could be, but from the previous conversation she might have another opportunity. Hot winds began to blow, raising the vitality of the Triumvirs in the cargo hold. But that was merely the first step. The next was starting the true conversation. A gust of words blew towards Kolasi alone, a collage of voices asking a single question.

‘’His son, Apollo, where is he?’’

(TAG: @Darth Kain, @Drakul_Xarxes, @skira, @Hadzuska_The Jester)

(Powers used:
Battle Meditation > 4 - Empowering Xarxes and Kolasi.
Telepathy > 4 - Attempting to speak with Kolasi.)

IC: Cal Vastrom
The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

“I think we’ve talked enough. You may come with me to Hastur if you wish. There we can organize more concentrated efforts as allies. Or you may simply wish to get the Order’s affairs in order first, which I cannot deny would be prudent. The temple needs attention from the both of you, especially after the attack, and your Council needs to be vetted if you are to trust any of them. On top of this, I am sure the ordeal of dealing with the conquered lands of Huskac will be weighing heavy on you, too. I am sure Empress Fel and Admiral Stazi will appreciate any aid you can provide them, though I would also vet them as well. Who knows what destruction could unfold if either of them were replaced?”

Kain’s words stayed with Cal for a few moments. Master Durron seemed lost in thought, or perhaps the Grandmaster was looking ahead to the future as Cal and Kain discussed the present. Cal thought over Kain’s offer. He still didn’t trust him, but Cal couldn’t deny his words rang true. They couldn’t go to Hastur, not without knowing just how compromised the Federation was.

It would be like playing a game of Dejarik without knowing which of your pieces you can trust to follow your orders, and which ones will turn around and stab the others in the back…

“We can’t make any plans on how to proceed until we know who we can trust in our own ranks. And besides, both Empress Fel and Admiral Stazi have to be informed of the situation, and confirmed to still be themselves. Otherwise the Imperial Knights may turn on us at their Empress’ orders or the Federation Fleets may devour themselves upon Stazi’s command. No, we cannot come to Hastur until we know just how much of the Order and the Federation we can actually bring to the fight if your warning about an invasion is true.” Cal surmised, sighing slightly at the thought of all the work they had ahead. “And even if we confirm both the Empress and the Admiral are unaffected, we probably won’t be able to find all the traitors. You know, I can’t help but think the Tapani Sector debacle was a result of infiltrators. Our forces responded too slowly, and by the time they made any sort of counter-offensive Huskac had secured his domain and was on the advance. Perhaps I should look into the reports more closely, find some clues that may at least expose a few officers.” Cal added, massaging his beard as he thought.

Could lead us to exposing a ring of possessed officers…or it could show that we need to hire more competent ones.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus

IC: Avery Sunka
Aboard the Tsushima

What the bloody hell was that?” Derrik whispered as they moved through the ship, the image of the strange being that was Eschaton etched into their minds.

I’m not sure I want to find out,” Avery said over his shoulder, peering down the elevator shaft.

Sol!” He shouted down, his voice echoing, though he received no response. Not from his wife, anyhow. Avery reached to grab the cable holding the elevator in place. Though, he didn’t hesitate as his wife had. He gripped the cable firmly as he stepped off the side of the opening, hoping his going down the cable would be as graceful as he could manage.

IC: Lady Kolasi
Aboard the Tsushima

As the mass of flesh melted as she laid her eyes on it, and it vanished into the shadows before she could do anymore. Her eyes returned to their normal, strange color, and her focus on the use of her power ceased.

And though she had initially jumped at the sight of the tentacle lashing out at her, she’d been fortunate enough for it to, in the end, ignore her. Perhaps it hadn’t seen her at all — perhaps it had been afraid of her. Perhaps she was supposed to be here, perhaps she was the only one allowed to complete their journey into the damned cargo hold.

Her fellow Triumvir seemed alright enough, the creature having not damaged him too terribly. They didn’t have the time to stand and speak of their day’s journeys. No, there was not time for that. There was no time at all.

Do not let anyone else through,” It was a command, not a request. And her gaze told the Dark Lord what her works did not specifically state: including you. Whatever this creature was, whatever laid behind the door before them, no one else was meant to see. Perhaps that’s why she had the vision, perhaps that’s why it called out to her.

Only death and destruction will follow.

Voices echoed in her mind, whispering that of what she’d heard before. Whispers of what her mother had claimed to have dreamt — what her Father had insisted would be true her entire life. The past always seemed to have a way of finding its way to the surface in times like these.

The voices continued, but so did she. She reached the door, her body hesitating as she reached to open the door. The voices overwhelmed her mind in a way, not allowing her to hear anything else, as if her ears were ringing.

I’ll always find you, Solisius.
Tags: @Darth Kain @Drakul_Xarxes @Hadzuska_The Jester @Jen'nu

Small Combo with @Darth Kain

IC: The Unknown

As The Hand of Order descended into the Elevator Shaft, the man outstretched his hand. 'I require your repelling gear,' he said once again with his mind, that unnerving raspy voice unsettling as there was really no need for it, 'for where they go I will follow.'

Luceno rose an eyebrow at the man with the sewed mouth. A large part of him wanted to tell the freak to kriff off and get out of his sight, but Lord Xarxes' word was law. If they were to remain here and ensure no one outside of the Sith descended to the cargo hold, then they didn't have any need for rappelling gear.

He nodded to the lowest ranked of the squad, a young Zabrak by the name of Pvt Thrann. Reluctantly, the young trooper detached his belt and its connected hooks and rope, handing it to the stranger.

The right corner of the man’s sewn mouth stretched into a half smirk as he nodded his head in appreciation to the Sergeant. He quickly put the belt on. As he tied the rope to what he felt was a stable hold, he looked over to see the Empress’s Vengeance’s husband grabbed the cable to the elevator. At first he thought he was judging how far down it was to prepare his men. But then he stepped off the ledge to go down the shaft himself. He internally groaned. Stupid, arrogant, piece of bantha poodoo. Now I have to make sure your moronic self is safe now as well, or face your wife’s wrath. Ugh.

The man jumped after the Onderonian King, holding the rope loose enough that it won’t impede his descent, but available to tighten his grip when he needed to, either to save this imbecile, or slow his descent closer to the bottom. I swear if he gets his wife killed by her sacrificing herself to try and save him from whatever is down here, I’ll kill him myself. She is too important, and he is a distraction.

(Powers Used: Telepathy)

Tag: @Drakul_Xarxes @Jen'nu @skira @Darth Kain

IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes & Darth Eschaton
The Tsushima, Within the Leviathan

drakul.xarxes_using_golden_holy_healing_magic_on_a_chest_wound__3d5cc879-5e3e-4069-8e58-afef3592df2d.png

Pain and rage. Xarxes doubled over, his sword swinging wildly as it was drawn from its scabbard at blinding speed, yet not fast enough to catch the tendril that had battered him so. His vision was awash in crimson for a moment as fury threatened to overcome his mind, but he persisted, clutching his free hand to his chest to ensure that his cuirass was still intact.

Bruises, a fractured rib, to say nothing of the pain of exhaustion he had endured at the ghostly hands of the Gatekeeper just earlier. A thousand curses upon them all. From deep within the recesses of his mind, he called forth a holy power, one which few Sith had ever been able to muster, and willed his wounds away.

The gall of the woman to speak to Lord Xarxes that way!

Eschaton's vile mouth poured black bile, his wine-dark tongue flicked between his tombstone-like teeth, spitting viscera as he searched for words, his eyeless face directed straight at Lady Kolasi's turning figure. Had she not been a Triumvir, the punishments he would've exacted for such daring and foolhardy boldness…

But Xarxes was not angered by her, but by his slowness of response to the appearance of the tentacles, and the Force's lack of response to him. He'd become distracted, thrown off, and exhausted by his earlier, herculean efforts. He took in her words, readying his sword, and keeping a weather eye on the fleshy walls as Lady Kolasi made her way deeper into the cavernous expanse.

"Lord Eschaton, who is coming this way?"

"
The wench's husband and his entourage, and likely the darkly-clad figure who bowed to you. Both Kain and Khatt Douw seem to be following different trajectories, my Lord."

Xarxes grimaced. He thought Kolasi's intention foolhardy, but even less did he relish the idea of keeping a worrying husband away from his wife, who could, at this moment, be acting out of delusions of destiny. Perhaps not, but that did not make the prospect of calming Avery any easier to accept and go through. The All-Seeing Eye was clouded by the presence of the fleshy prison around them.

The Black Steward looked up towards the elevator shaft, his Force-enhanced vision allowing him to behold the figures descending now. He prepared his gnarled hands, outstretching the abyssal gauntlets with the intent of casting a Sith spell at any of the new arrivals who threatened to disobey the command of Lady Kolasi.

TAGS: @skira @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Jen'nu

Powers Used:

Xarxes: Force Healing (4),

Eschaton: Sutta Chwituskak (4) [Prepared]

IC: Voxyn and Vitani
The Tsushima

The clicking and scraping of bone on metal that had filled the room began to fade, growing fainter and fainter until a dead silence was all that surrounded them. Voxyn didn’t like that at all. He had studied the hunting habits of carnivorous creatures, both natural born and created in his lab, not to trust that silence when predators were closing in.

Either they had quieted down to stalk them, or they left. If they left then why? Had they found something more enticing? Or had something worse scared them off? Had these things just been the Nexu and a Rancor was now on its way?

“Are they intelligent?” He whispered to Vitani while looking around the room for anything poised to strike.

“Not that I could tell” She whispered back, knowing immediately what he was thinking. “When they attacked before they seemed to be attacking with nothing but mindless savagery, not smart enough to ambush or stalk.”

Before Voxyn could reply something burst into the wall, ripping through the durasteel as easily as if it were walking through an arachnid's web. The creature was not a pleasant sight, a mutilated amalgam of skinless flesh and exposed bone. Normally Voxyn would have wanted to try to capture this thing to study, but this thing had easily ripped through the metal of the wall, he didn't know what it would take to restrain it and didn't have the time to find out. This one would have to die.

It made its attack almost the instant it entered the room and laid eyes upon the twins, lunging jagged bony blades at the pair. The attack was sloppy and easy to read and the pair jumped away from the abomination. Landing on their feet the twins took a few steps back away from it, keeping their eyes on the thing.

"Incinerate it!" Voxyn shouted and threw both hands out in front of him, channeling the force in an attempt to form his white flames and send a wall of it at the creature.

"What? You don't want to take it back to your lab?" Vitani sarcastically replied as she followed her brother's lead, pulling as much power as she could to her hands and trying to unleash it in a torrent of lightning.

"Shut up and kill the thing." He shot back. "I can get a different specimen later."

Powers used:
Voxyn- Pyrokinesis 4
Vitani- Force Lightning 4

TAG: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Arach

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish'Ki
Approaching Nytocrises
Sharkish'Ki stood in response to Helvara's command, drawing himself to his full height as he pushed back the dust-laden folds of his cape to reach the crimson, leather wrapped hilt. He wasn't one for immediate compliance, not at least without some modicum of scrutiny of the order, which was fully mirrored in his expression. "And that's what happens when we don't have all the intel. Personally, I'm lucky to be alive," he paused, slipping the clip from his waist and placing it in her open palm, after all, he witnessed her power over Mihi, and weighed the choice accordingly. "As shameful as that outcome might be, there's always a chance to put things right. How bad can it be?" He had no idea of the outcome of the other Sith, let alone the state of the siblings, and yet the events that they had just narrowly escaped gave him the impression he was on the way to finding out.
"You really think something could corrupt a weapon in such a way?" he asked as he lowered himself back into his seat, mindful of the ship, for anything else that might offer up a reflection.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Mardinga

IC: Lord Volacius, The Wrath of Kain

Further forward? Volacius repeated in his mind. When he’d first proposed the idea of intentionally jumping between points in time, he hadn’t considered the future as a possible destination. He didn’t dare risk joining Catalyst and Eva by the house, but he could still feel their thoughts and gather what they’d seen. Though the appearance of the Stormtrooper helmet design had changed very little in the past century, Volacius knew the odds of it being left behind from some other era weren’t high, and he wasn’t foolish enough to posit that as an explanation.

Well, Volacius spoke mentally, we’re past the cave-in. We could try to return to our present. Perhaps we could even tactically position ourselves in this time so that we are prepared to face the enemy back in the present— a new thought cut through his suggestion like a vibro-knife through flesh. Wait. If we are indeed in the future, then does that mean that the grave threat that Kain spoke of won’t achieve victory?

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

IC: Arach & Voidwalker
The Tsushima

Arach relaxed as her husband worked to heal her. She felt the comfortably warm healing tendrils ease the pressure in her throat and clear the damage in her eyes. She closed her eyes and rested her free hand lightly on her husband’s, resting until she felt her strength return.

Vaer! her mind screamed at her. With the sudden flood of adrenaline, Arach’s memory of the past few moments came rushing back to her. She gripped Voidwalker’s hands in a panic and began to look around for the Dark Councilor. She also clearly heard the sound of familiar skittering fast approaching.

The assassin pulled away from her husband, noting the absence of Vaer. She turned to face Voidwalker fully and asked, “Vaer?”

"He's gone." Voidwalker reassured her. "He managed to get away, but that's not what matters. What's important is that you're safe. Although it's probably no longer safe for you to return to the Empire. But let's focus on getting out of here. I need to find a smuggler that's aboard this ship, he stole something from Kain."

He got away? Arach thought, in alarm. Her brow furrowed as she glanced around the room. This didn’t sit right with her. She may not have had many dealings with Vaer, but she thought he wouldn’t just go away, especially after being attacked. For now, though, she focused on the rest of what her husband was saying. “A smuggler?” she asked, then began shaking her head. “We haven’t found anyone from the crew. Kolasi, Mavros, Zareel, and Eschaton are here, too. They went the other way. Perhaps they found something..?” she trailed off as she, too, heard the skittering getting closer.

They’re coming back! she realized, as the vent exploded open.

Whatever it had been was now gone. Only to quickly be replaced by another terror as a gruesome abomination sprung forth from a vent near Vitani and Voxyn. Voidwalker turned on his heel to catch the sight of the creature slashing its bone-like blades at the twins. Luckily both of them managed to dodge the strike.

"What in oblivion is that?" Voidwalker exclaimed as he reached for one of the lightsaber hilts that hung from his belt.

As Voidwalker turned to face the new threat, Arach’s gaze caught on the floor right behind her husband. It was… distorting? Why was it distorting? A split- second was all it took to realize what was happening. And it was a split- second too late. She only had time to grip her husband’s arm as the blade flashed.

A flash of pain jolted through him, as blood started to pour out from the cut. Voidwalker spun back around hoping to find whatever it had been that managed to injure him. As he turned, it was as if everything else on the ship had vanished. All he saw and could focus on was a long hallway that housed a door that opened to reveal the demon priestess that he'd encountered many years prior. His eyes falling on the pin headed priestess caused him to break out in a cold sweat.

His hand slightly twitched at the sight of her. His memories of trying to fight them off to save Arach from a horrendous fate. If the pain in his ankle was any indicator, then she was here for him. Voidwalker felt a split of emotions. On one hand he wanted to charge her head on and fight to the end if she was truly here for him. On the other, he felt the need to flee and attempt to get away. He shook his head, he'd never felt the urge to run away before, so why now? Was this some sort of after effect? A clench of the hand and his mind was made up. He wouldn't run away, if this was his fate then he'd die on his own terms.

Unsure if anyone else had seen the reaper of souls, or it they were even still alive. Whatever was about to happen, Arach didn't need to see this. "Arach, you need to go now. Go and find Kain and tell him I said to keep you and our daughter safe."

Arach, too, had seen the demons approaching. Her fear laid heavy in her chest. Voidwalker’s words registered in her mind and her desire to run as far from those creatures as she possibly could almost took control. Her muscles tended to run, but something far stronger made her stay. There was no way she could leave her husband to face these horrors by himself. “No,” she said. Her anger began to build and it swiftly overrode her fear. “I’m not leaving you alone! There is a way around this! We just need to find it.” Her gaze searched her husband’s face, realizing that he didn’t seem to hear her.

Her brow furrowed as she gently shook Voidwalker’s shoulder, hoping to get his attention. “Draven?” She shook him again, harder, but, still, with no result. There was one more thing she could try. “I’m sorry,” she said, softly. Arach drew her hand back and slapped Voidwalker hard on the cheek, wincing at the sharp sound that followed.

"Arach!" He shouted as his senses started to return to him. How long had she been here? Didn't she hear a word he'd talk of her? It didn't matter, she was here by his side. "We'll face her together, unless you have a better idea."

Her gaze returned to the approaching nightmares, memories of her last encounter with them flashed in her mind.

Back then, she had come across the strange puzzle box and had to choose someone to die. On her way to her victim, she had been cut by Volacius, but she had been saved just in time…

“Vaer,” Arach whispered. She unhooked her lightsaber and ignited the blood- orange blade. “We have to get to Vaer.” She aimed the point of her blade down and stabbed it into the floor and began cutting a circle. “If we can get the blade, we might be able to give them someone else in your place,” she explained.

"Certainly worth a try. Let's find him and kill him. This time we do it together." Voidwalker stomped in the center of where Arach was cutting to help the floor break away faster.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Darth Voxyn

GM Note: Arach's slap to Voidwalker doesn't require a roll as per the GM it is all classified as a Domestic Abuse Buff.

IC Catalyst
Caves, Verdanth

Things were quiet in the encampment. Too quiet. Catalyst half expected a dangerous creature to jump from a hidden perch at him as he stalked through the tents, observing the slumbering inhabitants within. There was something very wrong with them, that much was evident, but at this moment they were not a threat, so he passed them by.

Taking in the exterior of the dwelling in the center, Catalyst first looked for any windows, keeping himself out of view from any inhabitants within. He crept to the door, giving the slightest tug to no effect. That was fine, less chance of someone surprising him on the other side. He would fiddle with the mechanism later, if they decided they needed to get in all at once.

He knelt down in the dirt next to the half-buried helmet of a stormtrooper as Eva snuck up next to him. He didn't even begin to berate her as she observed the plastoid helm. Volacius chimed in mentally with his observation, a point Catalyst didnt feel like debating, though he was sure Volacius was mistaken. "Either way," he whispered back, "it doesn't bode well. More likely, that," he motioned to the green flame, "is the source of whatever weirdness is going on here, past present or future." The emerald glow still made him uncomfortable, a chilling reminder of exactly what foul evils they were dealing with. "I fear if we mess with the flame, whatever is keeping these people in slumber will turn its attention to us." His attention turned back to the building. "One thing at a time. We don't know what's inside this building, and I don't want the possibility of something ambushing us. I'm going to try to find a way in." With that, Catalyst smirked at Eva and looked up. "Wanna see what's on the roof?"

TAG: @Darth Kain @Darth Nathemus @Volacius

IC: Mardinga

Mardinga sat there listening to the woman speak about the past and his failures. He couldn't help but wonder if she was there why she didn't step in when the pair of apprentices were left behind by the others. Well it was neither here nor there at that moment.

She ordered them to hand over shiny things and Mardinga stretched out his arm and his lightsaber was deposited in his palm. He handed it over and thought for a moment. He silently produced 40 small coins and offered them as well. The apprentice didn't think it was possible with any of those items but orders are orders.

Tags: @Sharkish’Ki @Darth Kain

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom