Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Star Wars Judgment Day: Part III of the Prelude to Requiem

IC: Voxyn & Voidwalker
The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

Voxyn's healing power had been effective in healing himself and Voidwalker. Giving Voidwalker's body the jump-start it needed to help it start healing him. Just as Voidwalker had been true to his word on getting the two of them the coverage they needed to protect them from any further incoming attacks. Attacks that would seem to never come. The two of them waited and listened for any signs of what might be occurring from within the protection of their makeshift bunker.

Everything seemed quiet on the outside, suspiciously quiet. It was odd, it hadn't been this quiet since Voidwalker first arrived to the Hawkbat before the rest of the representatives. Turning his head to speak to Voxyn, he heard it, the raised voice of none other than the Sith Empress, Hesper.

"Who is she yelling at now?" He asked Voxyn, before listening more, trying to get a glimpse of what was being said. Listening intently to try and figure out who Hesper was yelling at, Voidwalker could only manage to make out a few words but one word stuck out above the rest, "King." Only one individual came to his mind at the sound of the word, Kain. Had Kain showed up? Then another voice spoke up, this one foreign, male, and much older.

What in the hell is going on out there, and who else is here?

"Voxyn, if I open a hole in the barrier on your side, do you think you can get a good look towards the doors and find out what's going on?" No sooner than Voidwalker's question left his lips another voice spoke up, this one belonging to Lady Makaria, and she sounded angry. "Damnit, we gotta find out what's happening Voxyn."

Voxyn propped himself up on his elbows, looking at the wood of the table above him. They were healed now to where they weren't close to death but now they had no idea what was going on out there. He hadn't thought of that in the heat of the moment, he just knew they needed cover otherwise they were probably going to die. The fighting seemed to have died down, and now they could just hear angry screaming out there.

"Opening a hole in the barrier will not be necessary, I have a better idea." Voxyn said as he pushed himself up more towards the table above him.

Reaching up with one hand he placed it on the table and focused, feeling the table and using the force to move his atoms past those of the tables and letting him move through it. Once his hand sunk through the wood he slowly started to stand up, just enough for his head to move through the wood and peeking out the other side.

Things didn't look as bad as they had when he had gone under the table. There were still disguised Shadow Beings but the ones in their true form all seemed gone. Voxyn had to move to the side some to see what was happening where the Jedi had been because he found Huskac still on the table blocking his view, and when he turned to the doorway where the screaming had been heard there stood Kain and the Jedi Grand Master with Hesper who appeared to be storming out. Voxyn rolled his eyes at that, still trying to just leave, truly an awe-inspiring leader. Slowly he dipped back down under the table.

"The True Form Shadow Beings are all gone but the ones still in host bodies remain."
Voxyn told Voidwalker once he was back under the table. "Kain is here with the Jedi Grand Master, Hesper appears to be storming out the door, and the remaining Shadow Beings are distracted, aiming their weapons at Kain and Durron. I think Avery and his guards can handle the one Shadow Being between them and the door, we should probably take care of the ones flanking your delegation."

"So Kain and the Jedi Grandmaster are here and Hesper is still trying to leave? I'm willing to guess that Makaria isn't far behind her, and it seems like Hesper clearly doesn't care about your well being. Look where you are, and she hasn't tried to find you. Is that really the sort of leader you want to follow Voxyn? You don't have to answer right away but you should consider joining me under the banner of Kain."

With Voxyn's knowledge of genetics, he and his experiments could become very useful.

"But I agree, we should take care of them first. Let's get into position and prepare to strike from the shadow of cover."

Allowing part of the protective barriers return to the floor, Voidwalker slowly made his way back towards the Hasturian's attempting to remain as silent as possible. He headed for the shadow being to the right, as he signaled Voxyn to head to the left. They would wait for their time to strike. Shadow Being's were powerful but not invincible. And attacks coming from two fronts might be enough to overpower the remaining forces.

Joining Kains forces? That wasn't something he ever really considered though he didn't want to work with Hesper either. Honestly he just wanted to be left alone so he could work in his lab but that was not likely to happen, especially if Kains story turned out to be true which the shadow beings here had him starting to believe could be a possibility.

To hell with it, I can't work on my experiments if the Galaxy ends, if their story is true and they'll have me I'll help them.

Following Voidwalkers lead he moved into position towards the Shadow Beings to the left of them, lightsaber in hand ready to activate and being careful not to be heard or get spotted. Two Shadow Beings on the left and two on the right. He figured the two of them could handle that themselves if no one else decided to help them. Once in position, he looked to Voidwalker for the sign to attack.

Powers Used
Phase 3

GM’s NOTE: Voxyn’s Force Phase rolls 7+18+5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 13+8 allows him to phase through the table without worry of getting stuck in any way.

TAG: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Cardun Vrek @skira @Helkosh @corinthia @Dark Lady Makaria @Darth Nathemus

IC: Avery Sunka
Nar Shaddaa

It was chaos. Pure chaos, with the Onderonians far too close to the epicenter of it all. But with the arrival of Kain, the shadow being that had attacked the King consort had vanished into thin air. Good, he thought. He paid little mind to the two that had arrived, and the others that still planned on attacking them.

His mind was on one thing. That being the body of Myn, his poor guardsman that laid dead on the floor of this disgusting place.

Keep your weapons readied,” Derrik commanded as Avery turned, the red blade of his saber vanishing as he fell to his knees beside the young man. He placed the weapon in its holster, and grabbed the stiff hand of Myn.

Whispers of their ancient tongue flew from his lips, quiet enough that only Derrik could catch what he was saying.

This is no place to die for an Onderonian. We’ll get you home. Lay you to rest there.

The King tore the black cloak from his own back and placed it on the ground, looking up at his other guardsmen. Without saying a word, they all seemed to know what to do. They all gently pushed Myn’s body over to lay on the cloak, and all grabbed the edge of it to hoist him up.

No, this was no place to die. For an Onderonian, or anyone else.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Cardun Vrek @Darth Voxyn @Helkosh @corinthia @Dark Lady Makaria @Darth Nathemus

IC: Khatt Douw.
The Realm Beyond Shadows.

Your willpower has proven steadfast. You may proceed.

067f539dfcd7488ed2ef4f7ddff3f87c.jpgI will kill it. It is falling now. It must die.
But it will live.
Its sin shall not be forgiven.
And it will not, but it is more useful alive.
But what it has committed…
Remember what you were given, Shentha. Do not presume this decision is yours to make. This transgression shall not be forgotten, and you will have your due. In due time. Now darling, shall we proceed?

Khatt was… floating. Blue-within-blue eyes filled up with the stars of the cosmic sky. Her head tilted in wonder. Curled up in a ball, she unfurled, her legs stretched into the void, and her arms reached for the lights. There were two of them, grand ones, of black ice and red fire. Their light edged the shadows that surrounded her, a colorless fiery smoke covering her hands. And her feet. And the rest of her body. Yet her skin, her bones, her shape, remained unchanged.

You have begun your ascension. Now go forth. And she did.
May All be One.
May All be One.

My Lords,’ she intoned, yet it seemed only a slithering whisper.
Are you safe?’ She heard no answer, only a booming incantation that even she could not recognize. Cold fire poured down her spine as the sound reached her. But His eye was watching her, always.
May All be One.

(TAG: @Drakul_Xarxes, @Darth Kain)

(Powers used: None)

GM UPDATE

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars and Apollo
Throne Room, Citadel of Fire, Hastur

“No,” Kain said. “The creatures at the temple were zombies, perhaps the more resilient Sith strain that we saw during the invasion of Korriban. I would guess that whatever True Sith survivors there are, be they Darth Nephthys or someone else, wanted to attack while the leading Jedi were meant to be at the summit. Either they didn’t know Grandmaster Durron was there, or they underestimated him. Either way, the temple is safe. And so are you. The both of you.”

Brooke motioned to Samael now, eliciting a chuckle from Kain. “No, he’s not a Shadow Being, either. I don’t think they could replicate his fervor for fire quite as well as he could.”

Picsart_23-07-16_00-18-12-100.jpgBut then she said it was unfair to drag Apollo into this war. Kain’s eyes softened. She was right. Of course, she was. He had felt the same the moment he discovered Apollo's curse. It was an injustice, unfair to him and all others affected. Yet, in the vast expanse of the universe, fairness was a scarce commodity.

“Very well,” he said. “I would have brought you back to Vitae rather than here, but it’s grown dangerous there. At least within the Citadel, you’ll be free of any harm. And I was able to bring an old friend over.”

Approaching them with a familiar scuttle, a protocol droid entered their midst. Apollo would vaguely recognize the droid, while Brooke's recognition was immediate. "The King has prepared a chamber for both of you, dear Brooke," T1-FA announced in its familiar tone. "If you would kindly follow me, I shall lead you there."

After bidding a few parting words to Brooke, and as she undoubtedly followed the droid with Apollo in tow, Kain directed his attention to his son, waiting until their eyes met. "And Apollo," his voice brimming with sincerity, “I’ll explain everything. I promise.”

With Brooke and Apollo gone outside the throne room, following T1-FA to their chambers further within the Citadel, Kain approached his throne and the young man that stood beside it. “Samael,” Kain said, “it is time you and I had that talk. About what I am and what you believe.”

TAG: @Catalyst, @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: Thala Graze

Jedi Temple, Tython

Peace descended upon the weary soul of Keldro Unmar, dissolving the swirling maelstrom of uncertainty, hopelessness, and dire circumstances that had threatened to consume him. And in that moment of tranquil clarity, he opened himself to the whispers of the future, seeking a glimmer of hope for the Jedi Order in the absence of their esteemed Grandmaster.

And then, he saw it.

The Light, radiant and resolute, illuminated his path. The Force itself, an unwavering beacon, held the key to their survival. Kei Durron, revered though he may be, was not the linchpin that held the Order together. Throughout history, the Jedi had endured even in the face of loss. When K'Kruhk fell on the sands of Korriban, they endured. When Luke Skywalker transcended into the embrace of the Force, they endured. When Yoda passed amidst the murky swamps of Dagobah, they endured. And now, their Grandmaster still stood strong, ensuring their continued endurance.

In a fleeting vision of the future, a name blazed in his mind like a shooting star: Hastur. A world shrouded in magma and sulfur, birthed from the ashes of Typhojem's annihilation, nestled in the far reaches of the galaxy. That was where Kain had sent them. The Jedi could go there and save Apollo and Brooke, hide them somewhere safer than even here on Tython. Somewhere Kain could never find them.

“Keldro,” Thala's voice pierced through his reverie, jolting him back to the present. “The few that were injured are being treated in the medbay. They’ll pull through. The others are gathering the dead. But what are we going to do? None of the Council is here.”

TAG: @Undying Master Xiannarr

OOC: Keldro’s usage of Serenity rolls 8 + 10 + 5, succeeding at calming him down. I’ll roll an Effect Modifier since he’s using it in conjunction with another ability, and that rolls 9 + 2. This will give him a +2 bonus on his following Precognition roll, which goes 12 + 10 + 5 + 2, totaling 29 and succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 8 allows him to realize that the Jedi do not need Grandmaster Durron to act, and gives him a flash of the name of the planet that Apollo has been taken to.

IC: Damian Kento

Sith Temple, Pyxis

Picsart_23-07-16_00-23-12-565.jpg

“I don’t know what dark art our enemies are using to send the undead through reflections,” said Kento, “but I recognize the undead themselves. The same kind we fought during the True Sith War. Some evil is attacking the temple, and we need to leave. Now!”

Without wasting another precious moment, Damian pivoted from the courtyard, Sharkish'Ki trailing in his wake, leaving behind the shattered remnants of zombies and the toppled statue of Sedicious. They ventured into a once-grand hall, now a scene of devastation strewn with fallen Sith students and vanquished undead. Pools of blood mingled, permeating the air with a putrid stench that would linger in the memories of all who crossed this wretched threshold. Fortunately, it appeared that the zombies in this particular chamber had been vanquished, allowing Kento and Sharkish'Ki to forge ahead, stepping past the torn corpses without hesitation.

Before long, the reverberation of hurried footsteps reached their ears. They turned, beholding the returning acolyte Mihi and apprentice Mardinga, both bearing the marks of their trials. Mardinga's instincts had proven true, and Mihi gripped a spear crackling with darkened ethereal energy. If she sought to wield its lethal potency, she would need to act swiftly.

“You two!” Kento bellowed. “What are you still doing here? Come on, we need to make it to the escape tunnels.” The path to the tunnels lay not far, a stretch of hallway ahead, leading to the turn that led to the room housing the statue of Apollyon.

Yet, the two young Sith students were not alone in their frantic flight. In pursuit, a horde of undead loomed, a relentless tide that threatened to engulf them. A dozen or more emerged from the corridor Mardinga and Mihi had traversed.

“Force damnit,” Damian growled. “Run!”

TAGS:
@Mardinga, @Sharkish’Ki, @Mihi Gaudens

OOC: Mihi’s creation of a Spear of Midnight Black rolls 15 + 3 + 2, succeeding. She will need to use it in her next turn at risk of it dissolving in her hands, however.

Mardinga’s Force Sense rolls 10 + 7 + 2, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 12 - 3 allows him to get the general direction of where Kento and Sharkish’Ki are.

IC: LE-14 (Briefest of Combos with Lady Kolasi)

Eastern Hallway, The Tsushima

Mavros posed his question to the senior Sith Lady, and in turn was met with a sharp and swift response. “Because I said we do. That’s why.”

LE-14, the droid in its mechanical obliviousness, appeared unaffected by the tension between them. It proceeded to address their inquiries in the sequence they were presented, its head swiveling to Lady Kolasi as she was the first to voice her concerns.

"Yes, I possess knowledge of this vessel's layout. The cargo hold can be reached within approximately [ERROR] minutes by utilizing the elevator, or [ERROR] minutes should you choose the stairwell."

The droid's gaze then shifted to Zareel, the enigmatic Balosar. "This ship did not fall victim to an external assault. Rather, a mutiny unfolded within its walls. Members of the crew turned against one another, their transformation exceeding the bounds of their species' genetic makeup. Unfortunately, I lack specific details regarding the cause of the mutiny or the reasons behind the grotesque mutations."

Finally, LE-14's attention turned to Mavros, the one responsible for its reactivation. "The Tsushima serves as a privately-owned cargo vessel under the command of Captain Miles Morrow. It operates independently, unaffiliated with any government or organization beyond the crew that serves under Captain Morrow's authority."

Having provided all the requested information, the droid pivoted back to face Kolasi. "If you prefer, I can guide you to the cargo hold. Alternatively, we could proceed to the captain's quarters. Sensor readings indicate that Captain Morrow remains within."

TAGS: @skira, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Drakul Xarxes, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

IC: Darth Vaer

Flight Lounge, The Tsushima

The plasma of Vitani’s saber seared through the maligned flesh of the creature beset upon her, the graceful flick of her wrist sending the blade through the beast’s arms and legs with utmost finesse. It had nary the time to stop its own demise as its torso fell to the floor, unable to move forevermore. Whether or not it was dead was another matter, though now was not the time for experimentation.

Meanwhile, Lady Arach sought to drain the life force of the remaining creatures within the lounge, intending to sap whatever energy they possessed. Yet, the Force itself recoiled at the notion. The tendrils of draining energy ensnared the monsters, but it was Arach who found her own life force draining away. Her organs strained as they pushed beyond their limits, her skin tightening against her bones, and her already pale form growing even more pallid before she collapsed to the floor. The beasts paid no mind to her futile attempt, but Lord Vaer certainly did.

"Wounds in the Force," he murmured.

He also took note of Vitani’s severance of the thing’s limbs, and followed suit. The beast lunged at him again, but his defensive footwork was swift. The Way of the Mynock proved a fruitful path as its limbs fell to the floor before it did, all smoldering beneath the malevolent bladework of Darth Vaer. It moved no longer.

And before the others could stop it, they would notice that the final creature in the room was giving chase to their engineer, who had run down a corridor behind the counter and had turned a corner. He was out of sight, being chased by a monster that was going to tear him limb from limb. He was surely dead.

With the last of the creatures gone from the Flight Lounge, the flashing red lights ceased, and that same automated voice echoed throughout the room. “QUARANTINE DEACTIVATED.” The doors unlocked once more, and seeping through the vents was the shadowy form of Arach’s smoke demon. It hovered over her, smoldering. She would get the sense that it found her torment amusing.

"Well, that was delightful," Vaer remarked. The only casualty was the trooper, Chen, and most likely the engineer who had fled. All things considered, it wasn't a bad outcome for their initial encounter with these enigmatic entities. "Normally, I would advocate immediate departure now that we are aware of what lurks aboard this ship. However..."

His gaze shifted to Arach.

"Whatever they may be, they are wounds in the Force. Now, consider me intrigued, but I believe the Empress would desire more knowledge about a threat impervious to one of the darkest powers known. Especially if we can replicate and control them."

"My lord,"
one of the troopers interjected, "are you sure that’s wise?"

“Question my wisdom again and I’ll feed you to these things myself.”

TAGS:
@Arach, @Darth Voxyn

OOC: Arach’s attempt at using Drain Life on the Necromorphs will backfire tremendously due to [REDACTED]. She rolls 12 + 21 + 10, breaching the DCs of the Necromorphs and hitting them, causing that draining force to rebound on her in a 1:1 ratio due to [REDACTED]. 4d6 is rolled for Dark Damage, rolling 5 + 1 + 5 + 2. Arach’s HP is reduced to 28.

Vitani’s Makashi attack rolls 18 + 17 + 5, succeeding. 4d10 is rolled for Plasma Damage, rolling 3 + 4 + 5 + 10 and reducing the Necromorph’s HP to 0. Its limbs are severed and it is not moving.

Vaer’s Soresu attack rolls 8 + 19 + 5, breaching the Necromorph’s DC. 4d10 is rolled for Plasma Damage, rolling 7 + 7 + 2 + 3. The Necromorph’s HP is reduced to 0, and as a majority of its limbs were severed, it is not moving.

IC: Eva

The Jungle, Verdanth

The forces under the command of Volacius and Nathemus dutifully obeyed their Lords' directives, retreating from the world and leaving the Sith and Jedi to face their fate, a fate that may have already been sealed. Troopers boarded their deployment shuttles and returned to the capital ships, and Nathemus’ Shadow Guards followed shortly after. Eva, Catalyst, Volacius, and Nathemus were alone, the only remnants of the latter two’s forces being whatever squad that got lost in the caves beneath their feet.

The suggestions of all three Lords, of bonds and who to share them with, made sense to Eva. But Nathemus’ follow-up suggestion of binding the long-dead spirits of Revan and Bastila Shan, two heroes of the Old Republic, did not. She visibly recoiled, unable to fathom participating in such an abhorrent act.

"Absolutely not," she asserted firmly. "Revan and Bastila have fought their wars and earned their rest. I will not take part in something so… vile.”

Taking a moment to collect herself, Eva eased the tension in her shoulders. “But I think the bond would be wise. And I also think we shouldn’t waste any more time. Let’s form it and get this done, before Nephthys finds a way into our heads.”

Eva took it upon herself to be the one to create the bond, weaving the Force upon the threads that connected the four of them, emboldening them with the light of her power, and the darkness of theirs. Their thoughts began to creep into her mind, as did hers in theirs, and theirs among each other. It was a peculiar sensation at first, akin to jumping into a pool of cold waters. But as with the body in such conditions, their minds would quickly grow accustomed to the sensation. It became secondary, like breathing.

TAGS: @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst, @Volacius

OOC: Eva’s Force Bond rolls 19 + 16 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 18 + 4 allows her to create a full, successful bond among herself, Volacius, Nathemus, and Catalyst.

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

Beyond Shadows

The cosmic tapestry unfolded before them, streaks of stars converging and diverging in a maelstrom of unsettling hues. The ethereal ride carried them through the vast expanse, devoid of the familiar blue trails of hyperspace. Instead, they were enveloped in an ominous blend of gray and black, an unsettling panorama that seemed to defy their very senses. Though their celestial manifestations lacked physical bodies, a peculiar nausea seized their souls, twisting and churning within their metaphysical being. Finally, the unsettling journey came to an abrupt halt, leaving them suspended in the presence of two beings emanating unfathomable power.

Picsart_23-07-16_00-22-53-405.jpgThe first entity defied comprehension, its form a miasma of energy, like a surreal vision of a dream. The second being embodied abstraction itself, a pyramidal strobiloid in a perpetual state of flux. Xarxes had encountered them before, while Kain had only heard tales of their existence. As for Khatt, the enigmatic nature of these entities remained an enigma.

They were the remnants of the Architects, the celestial progeny of the enigmatic Celestial Wutzek. Horliss-Horliss and Splendid Ap stood before them, their presence pulsating with ancient might.

Kain glided forward, his mortal visage still maintained for the sake of Xarxes and Khatt. His eyes widened as he beheld his kin, struggling to grasp the enormity of the moment.

"You are real," he murmured, his gaze fixed upon their enigmatic forms. "Then why must we face the forces of Dark Illathurion alone? Have you no desire to protect the mortal realm?"

Picsart_23-07-16_00-21-39-957.jpgHorliss-Horliss replied with cryptic wisdom. "You speak of matters beyond your understanding, of truths concealed in the depths. There is much you have yet to comprehend."

"Enlighten us," Kain implored, turning his gaze to include Xarxes and Khatt. "Explain why the heralded 'savior from without' seems absent in our time of need."

"You are an anomaly,"
Ap interjected, his voice resonating with enigmatic certainty. "A disruption in the tapestry of fate, straying from the predetermined course. This divergence is an aberration, and you, Kain, are an embodiment of this wrongness."

Kain glanced at his companions, Xarxes and Khatt, his expression reflecting confusion and uncertainty. He sought guidance, hoping they held answers to the questions that plagued his mind, just as he had sought guidance on Hastur.

TAGS: @Darth Drakul Xarxes, @Jen’nu

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars and Pandora

So much occurring at once would normally drive a man mad if he tried to record every single facet, every single detail. Yet, Kain attempted to capture every facet, every minute detail, despite the overwhelming nature of it all. After all, how much madder could he get?

King Avery was, thankfully, still alive. The same could not be said for one of his men, however, who the others were beginning to hoist up in a cloak, no doubt to carry his corpse out of this place in one piece. Kain pondered offering to use his art of Dark Transfer to revive the fallen warrior, as he planned on doing for anyone else that he possibly could. But his thoughts were driven elsewhere, and that act of charity would have to come later. Especially now that the Hesperian Priestess and Guard, earlier driven insane, were now beelining for the Onderonian entourage. To what end, one could not know.

He watched as Voxyn approached one of the Shadow Beings, a creature that had taken hold of the late Lord Yugo of the Tethar system. A single, fatal blow with that violet lightsaber cut down the damnable imposter, allowing the monster within to crawl between the molten cracks of the wound and flee into a portal in the ceiling. Kain relished the day that he would give those fiends chase and set their entire galaxy ablaze. It was unfortunate for Voxyn, however, that he put himself between the nearby Shadowed Guard and the imposter’s aimed blaster for Kain. That set Voxyn directly in its sight, allowing it to fire a blow straight for Voxyn’s back. Perhaps it was instinct, but that blaster bolt only bounced off Voxyn’s ignited blade, giving the Master of Beasts a chance to counterattack.

But then his eyes fell on Voidwalker, who had apparently attacked simultaneously on the opposing side of the table. Though the Cursed Champion had focused his gaze upon the other noble attendee, Lady K'creeza of the Ulm system, Kain watched in disbelief as Voidwalker crumpled to his knees, his connection to the Force faltering. It was a perplexing turn of events. Had Voidwalker attempted to sever K'creeza's link to the Force, only to meet resounding failure? Perhaps that was the case, as the Shadowed Noble and a nearby Shadowed Guard intensified their assault on the remaining guards who had yet to reveal their allegiance to the Father of Shadows. Voidwalker, even in his weakened state, may be their last hope.

Cal Vastrom swiftly came to the aid of his bewildered soldiers, the two individuals previously driven to madness now silenced, their vacant stares mirroring the chaos that engulfed their surroundings. "What... what just happened?" stammered the male trooper, his hand trembling as it reached for his chest. "I... I felt like death itself was upon me. I couldn't..."

"It was her,"
the female trooper interjected, pointing an accusatory finger at the departing Empress Hesper. "She did this. I still feel her claws digging into my mind. It... it hurts."

‘Emperor’ Huskac lay upon the table, mumbling inane drivel to himself as the many wounds on his decrepit form began to mend themselves, slowly but surely. He had been blessed by the tides of fate that Hesper’s eye fell on Kain rather than him, for there was little doubt that she would have smited him had she given him any further ounce of attention. Instead, he seemed to have found the attention of the lone surviving noble of this affair, the woman that had been driven to madness by Hesper’s attempt to quell this insane evening. She had heard his whispers and believed them to be demonic in nature, and while that was not far from the truth, how far she was from the truth wouldn’t have mattered to her. The noble, an older woman by the name of Theora Caezara, climbed atop the table, revealing her bloodied, broken face. Her intention was clear - to crush Huskac's head, to silence his wicked whispers once and for all.

And before Kain’s gaze could find Pandora, and before he could attempt to protect them from the incoming blasterfire of a Shadowed Guard at the end of the table, he was forced to see a chair flying at him just a moment too late. It struck him in the chest and exploded, wooden shrapnel bouncing off of him and forcing him to gather his bearings.

"You presumptuous, duplicitous bastard," he heard Hesper say. "You claim to want my support, my help, and yet you fail to show your face at your own summit until we're all but dead? I hope your arrogance kills you again, King, before I do.”

He was too stunned to speak. He could have never foreseen this summit turning out this way, becoming a bloodbath before any true work could be done. There had been too many of them, too many of the vile servants of the Father of Shadows. Pandora and Voidwalker were meant to hold the fort down until Kain got his son back, which should have been a brief affair were it not for the attack on the temple, and until he retrieved the Jedi Grandmaster. Twenty minutes, maybe thirty, of conversation with Kain absent. Was that really so impossible?

Now, he stood there, wounded and bruised, accused of orchestrating a deliberately late arrival by the very woman who wished death upon his children mere weeks ago. The audacity! As if he were callously allowing their demise to serve some theatrical purpose! Who did she think he was, a Skywalker?

But as she tried to brush past him, to leave this cantina devoid of any consequence for her actions, the Jedi Grandmaster stepped in. After relaying his telepathic message to Vastrom, he enacted his will upon Hesper, freezing the Sith Empress in place with his mastery over stasis. Kain’s eyes widened, realizing now that this would escalate now that someone had the bravery to stand up to her. And that escalation came swiftly.

In those fleeting seconds, a foreign thought intruded upon Kain's mind, a voice not his own. It was Makaria's voice, the voice of his final Sith apprentice, the one he had entrusted with the task of bringing Hesper to this ill-fated gathering, the one he believed capable of breaking free from the shackles of the Sith and ascending to a higher plane. Yet, all of that dissolved the moment she uttered the mental words, 'I thought better of you.'

Then she sensed Durron’s intentions, and self-preservation be damned, she unloaded a powerful blast of dark energy right into the Grandmaster’s face. It was a slap that would have knocked out most men, and she had only meant it to embarrass him. But as she tried to use the arcane arts of the Aing-Tii to flee from the consequences, she found herself still in place, still before the man she’d attacked and the man she’d insulted.

Kain could have, perhaps, allowed Hesper to depart. Even after she assaulted him with a chair, even after she threatened him. Yet, in his mind, a far greater transgression had been committed. She had corrupted his apprentice, manipulated her against him, just as the Shadow Beings had done to Hesper, to Eva, to all of them. No, he had reached his limit. He would not passively stand by and watch those he cared for succumb to bitter hatred simply because of his mistakes, even when his acts of goodness far outweighed his evil.

“You thought better of me?” he snapped at his last apprentice. “Do you think I wanted to come here now instead of earlier? Do you think that there are no other tragedies befalling the galaxy as we speak, fires that I had to help put out? The Jedi Temple has been assaulted by the undead army of the True Sith, the same Jedi Temple that held my son. Do you think I was going to be here, where I expected reasonable conversations for longer than five minutes, rather than be there, rescuing my blood from my enemies? Do you not understand that I am bearing the weight of far more than you can possibly fathom on my shoulders, even now as your Empress attacks me and you insult me?”

Righteous fury filled his chest like an inferno, and it took every ounce of his will not to unleash it.

“Right now I am holding back the tide of Ooradryl on Vitae, I am convening with Horliss-Horliss and Splendid Apothem in the realm Beyond Shadows, I am having to convince my son that I am not the monster that you all think I am, and I am having to stand here and watch you ingrates despise my every move, good or ill, simply because I was brought back from the dead against my will and I wanted to save you from the horrors I witnessed in the Pool of Knowledge. I want to save you all, just as I did on Korriban, and instead of trying to help me do so, you’d rather hold on to vainglory and pride and your thrones and your lies!”

The Shadowed Guard let loose a volley of blasterfire, aimed at the quarreling group of Kain, Durron, Makaria, and Hesper. But the bolts stopped just shy of Makaria, turning with a twist of the Beloved King’s hand and launching back at the fool that dared interrupt them. The bolts returned to their sender with deadly accuracy, dropping him dead to the floor and allowing the foul entity within to escape into the aether.

“And even with all of that, even with you and Hesper and everyone else wanting me to hate you, I don’t. Even though you tempt me to sit back and watch you all fight helplessly against the coming tide, I won’t. Because no matter how much you hate me, I still love you all as my family. You’re the people that gave me a home in the Sith Order when no one else did, even when the idea of friends and family are contradictions to the Sith way of life. The Order gave me my wife, gave me my children, it gave me everything! I will not abandon you simply because you have abandoned me, blinded by vanity, pride, and deceit!”

His gaze shifted to Durron, his breath uneven as he sought to regain his composure. “Let the Empress go. Holding her prisoner won’t solve anything.”

TAGS:
@corinthia, @Darth Nathemus, @Voidwalker, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

OOC: Cal Vastrom’s use of Cleanse Mind rolls 19 + 18 + 5, succeeding. The HP that the two Federation troopers lost to Psychic Damage has been restored, bringing both of their HP back up to 11.

Huskac’s Dark Side Healing rolls 14 + 21 + 10, succeeding. 5d6 are rolled for Healing, rolling 4 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 5 and restoring his HP to 26.

Voxyn attacks the Shadow Noble on the left side of the table with Djem So, rolling 9 + 18 + 5, surpassing the Noble’s DC. 4d10 are rolled for Plasma Damage, rolling 2 + 10 + 4 + 10. The Shadow Noble’s HP is reduced to 0. The Shadow Being inside has a coin flipped to determine whether they flee or fight, and that coin flips heads. It escapes.

The Shadowed Guard’s attempt to shoot Voxyn rolls 4 + 13 + 5, failing to overcome his DC.

Voidwalker attacks the Shadow Noble on the right with Sever Force. Unfortunately, he rolls a natural 1, critically failing. As a consequence, he is unable to use the Force for a single turn.

Hesper flings a chair at Kain with a Force Push, rolling 16 + 24 + 10 and matching Kain’s DC. 5d4 is rolled for Blunt Damage, rolling 2 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 4. Kain’s HP is reduced to 35.

Kei Durron’s Force Channel rolls 8 + 24 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 8 gives him a +4 bonus on his rolls in this turn and his next.

His Telepathic message to Cal Vastrom rolls 13 + 24 + 10 + 4, also succeeding. The Effect Modifier of 19 - 4 allows Vastrom to understand the message well enough.

And finally, his usage of Force Stasis on Hesper rolls 14 + 24 + 10 + 4, totaling 52 and successfully overcoming her DC. An Effect Modifier of 16 + 8 completely freezes Hesper in place.

Makaria’s Telepathic message to Kain rolls 13 + 16 + 5, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 5 allows him to hear her message clearly.

Her Shadowstrike at Durron then rolls a natural 20, automatically succeeding. 3d6 of Blunt Damage is rolled, rolling 4 + 2 + 1. Kei Durron’s HP is reduced to 40. I will also carry this damage over to Durron’s hold on Hesper, reducing his total Effect Modifier of 24 down to 17. She is still frozen in place, but can at the very least move her eyes as she wishes.

And finally, her usage of Fold Space rolls 3 + 16 + 5, just barely failing. She is still inside the Howling Hawkbat.

Kain’s usage of Force Stasis rolls 15 + 25 + 10, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 10 freezes the blasterbolts in place.

His subsequent usage of Telekinesis rolls 11 + 25 + 10, also succeeding. 5d10 is rolled for the incoming Plasma Damage from the Shadowed Guards own blasterbolts, rolling 8 + 4 + 7 + 4 + 5. The Shadowed Guard’s HP is reduced to 0, giving the Shadow Being an opportunity to either attack or flee. The coin flips head, forcing the Shadow Being to flee.

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish’Ki
Sith Temple, Pyxis

Sharkish’Ki ran behind the Sith Master, matching his pace. There seemed to be genuine fear driving Master Kento, as if he already knew the odds of defeating the assailants were not in their favour. The sounds of groans and empty breaths echoed ahead of him, as the calls of the soulless gathered others to their relentless pursuit of the living, Mardinga and Mihi, specifically.

Sharkish’Ki felt a small pang of relief that not everyone had succumbed to these undead, and more importantly two other warriors increased their chances of survival. Slowing down to greet them once again, he glanced at the spear Mihi brandished. It was a weapon that may have changed the outcome of their last encounter, as he wondered as to its full potential.

The crowd of shambling corpses that followed the couple kept the pressure on them to keep moving, however, as he found himself following Master Kento toward the next room, and another statue.
“We need to slow their advance!” He called amongst them, “Mihi! Your spear! When you’re past the statue, you could throw it at the base! We can bring it down,” he panted as he ran, “use it to block the corridor, unless anyone has a better idea?”

The tall, regal and slender form of Darth Apollyon loomed ahead, another architectural casualty of war, he thought, that could be the difference between their life or their death.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Mihi Gaudens @Mardinga

IC Catalyst
Verdanth

To the bewilderment of Catalyst, Volacius actually listened to his advice. After a moment, the Mirialan was giving orders for his troops to pull back and await their return after the mission. Nathemus followed suit shortly after, further surprising the Lord of Linguistics. Even his idea of bonding through the force had a positive reception. It was only after Nathemus decided to push the idea a step further that Eva spoke up with her disapproval, but only because Nathemus had put forth the thought of summoning the spirits of a long dead traitor and his Jedi wife to aid them. Catalyst chuckled briefly as Eva admonished him before she took it upon herself to initiate their bond through the Force.

It was a disturbing feeling at first, an intimacy that Catalyst would normally back away from without having shared a few drinks. Soon though, the unease settled and he felt his mind intermingling with the other three without resistance. The feeling was still quite queer, and he wondered if this would be a new normal. He certainly didn’t want to entertain their bond permanently, especially if he ever wanted to have the company of another in his bedchambers again. Nathemus and Volacius he suspected would find his unique choice in nightly companions distasteful, and their prudish judgment would likely spoil his fun if he ever tried to pursue his desires. Eva’s presence however elicited a much more distinct awkwardness, akin to a parent explaining to a child the wonders of childbirth in intricate detail. Was it shame he felt at that moment? It didn’t matter. He let the thought fade from his mind, focusing on their current objective. Darth Nephthys had to be found.

Catalyst cracked his knuckles dramatically and addressed the group. “Eva’s right. Let’s get going. I’ll scout ahead and see what’s waiting for us in the cave. You're welcome to follow as close as you like if you're feeling sneaky, but if I can see you I'm sure Nephthys will too. If this bond works out, I’m hoping you will be able to see what I do down there. If for some reason I am captured,” he looked each of them in the eyes, grave seriousness settling on his face, “I need you to come rescue my ass.” A smirk came over his face and he nodded at the three of them, before turning around and taking a deep breath. Catalyst pulled the hilt of his saberstaff off his belt and began descending into the caves.

At the mouth, there wasn’t much to see. Volacius’s men had done a fantastic job at clearing enough rubble for them to enter. Catalyst wondered if he would find the squad that already came down here. More likely, he would find their corpses, and in True Sith fashion he’d have to kill them again. Memories of Korriban rushed back to him, fighting hordes of zombies and fleeing from the onslaught. He squeezed his eyes shut, forcing the thought from his mind and replacing it with a jaunty jizz tune, courtesy of Figrin D'an. Catalyst pondered a moment, thinking about the best way to hide himself from whatever was down here. Obviously he would have to stay out of sight, but he trusted himself to be able to maintain a stealthy approach with little augmentation from the Force. This whole operation would be over if Nephthys sensed him wandering in the caves alone though. Catalyst concentrated, working to conceal his essence in the Force. If Nephthys was going to find him, she’d have to do so with her own two eyes.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Volacius

Powers Used:
Conceal Essence (5)

Ic: Keldro Unmar
Jedi Temple- Tython

There is no Emotion

The force wailed inside him, a great typhoon threatening to extinguish everything.
‘Guide me’ Keldro didn't speak aloud but he knew the force would heed his call, and the force answered. It ushered peace into his mind and calmed the storming emotions. It brought him back to balance, and then it flared, it showed him that no one person would be their saviour, they would need to trust in the force.

Long before Palpatine's Empire; before the clone wars, before the Mandalorian invasions, before the schisms and the hundred-year darkness. There was the force, and there always would be the force. Ready to help us, guide us and shape us to help those in need.

Amongst this reminder flashed a name, ‘Hastur’, and the planet bloomed to life before his closed eyes. This is where he needed to go to save Apollo and Brooke. Why Kain had sent them there he didn’t know, yet now he could formulate a plan.

One of the council can organize our troops, heal our wounded and prepare a strike force to follow me. But there’s an old clone wars era starfighter, and just off planet a few hyperdrive rings. Or better yet one of the council could send him via the force, he could be there in an instant.

Keldros mind raced with ideas, so much so he almost didn’t hear Thala address him.

“Keldro,” Thala's voice pierced through his reverie, jolting him back to the present. “The few that were injured are being treated in the medbay. They’ll pull through. The others are gathering the dead. But what are we going to do? None of the Council is here.”

‘Blast it, there goes half my plan, I can’t magic my way to Hastur on my own’

Keldro turned to face her, rising to his feet. He met her gaze, hard with the trials she had faced. Yet still brimmed with hope.

“We’re going to do what we always do. We have defended our temple. Now we regroup and survive. We may be without the council, but we shall never be without the force.” Keldro spoke determinedly with a smile, trying to reassure her.
“For now, we must let the wounded recover. To rush off recklessly puts them in far more danger than they deserve. We will need to organize a pyre. Many great Jedi fought and died for us today, and they deserve the highest honour tradition can bring them. Though perhaps we light this pyre outside. We wouldn’t want to set the temple ablaze now, would we? Send out communication to all our off-world Jedi, they don’t need to return but they should be aware of what has happened here, who knows if it was a targeted attack others may require assistance.”

Keldro pondered mentally ticking off boxes as he decided the Temples' next move.
“That should get the wheels in motion for now, if any of our wounded make turns for the worse you have my holo, send for me and I will come do what I can for them. However I need to get to our library, the force has granted me a vision and I need to decipher my next step carefully. Stay safe, May the Force be with you”.

Confident in Thala's Ability to get information where it needed to go he ducked to his left. Making his way as quickly as he could to the Archives and what may be their only hope.

Tags: @Darth Kain

IC- Darth Arach
Flight Lounge, The Tsushima

Arach screamed in pain as her drain backfired. She immediately dropped her attack on the creatures, but the damage had already been done. She fell to the floor with her stomach roiling, head pounding, and her heart beating all too fast. The assassin curled in on herself, instinctively trying to protect herself from another attack.

She clenched her teeth against the bile rising in her throat. Her limbs became shaky as her strength began to fade. Arach laid still for a moment to allow the nausea to fade to a more manageable level. In that brief time, she became aware of her demon hovering over her.

Arach could practically hear its hissing snickers in her mind as it enjoyed her pain. Whether real or not, the mere thought of it was more than enough to ignite her fury and defiance. She would be damned if she showed anymore of how bad she hurt. To anyone.

The assassin quietly snarled back at the creature and began to slowly regain her footing. Her legs shook under her, but held. For now, that was enough.

The next thing she focused on was calming her erratic heartbeat and heavy breathing. Until Vaer spoke. Arach listened, but kept quiet. When Vaer reprimanded the trooper for questioning him, she found that couldn’t remain silent any longer. “‘Replicate and tame them,’ hmm? I’m assuming you have a use for them in mind?” Arach began, her tone was nonchalant, though shaky, and her gaze rested steadily on Vaer. She held his gaze for a moment longer before dropping it to steadily and painfully shuffle her way to the counter for support.

As Arach shifted past her demon, she reached out to it, once more. If you’re quite done laughing, keep an eye on Vaer. If he poses a threat to Vitani and myself, kill him.

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Voxyn

Last edited:
IC: Knight Zareel Jhenan’doka
The Eastern Hallway, The Tsushima

The balosar had her eyes fixed on the droid as it replied to their various questions, not that its answers were the most soothing, but it was better than nothing.

“Grotesque mutations?” She whispered while taking a step forward as she raised her eyebrows. Now the alarms of the other corridor had even more sense, but also her worries. Corpses or mutations, her life was limited to that apparently... and corpses mutated, those were the best.”LE, what percentage of the crew was afflicted with that mutation?” Zareel wanted to know at least an approximation of potential attackers.

She next turned to Mavros and then Kolasi “The fastest path might be going directly to the cargo, but the captain might possess some more information about the… thing we’re looking for so we don’t get closer blindly.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek

IC: Lord Volacius, The Wrath of Kain

Volacius instinctively raised a hand to object to Nathemus’ proposal. One Force Bond had already scarred him, and he didn’t want to imagine the ways that three more could. His hand was too late, however, and suddenly his mind and soul plunged backward. When he landed, he’d splashed into a silvery pool of emotions, a bittersweet cocktail of nostalgia, fear, and regret. He stumbled through the waveless pool as memories surfaced all around him. A dilapidated room filled with undead corpses, a makeshift bunk, a shorter woman with horns across her head, and the warm, tender sensation of his hand clasped with another whom he

No, Volacius thought with clenched fists. They have no right to know that secret. Don’t let them know. Don’t let them know!

With effort that made him feel sick to his stomach, Volacius yanked himself out of the pool and back to reality, to Verdanth, where his compatriots still stood around him. Catalyst was already on his way to the foreboding, rocky structure of the tunnel entrance, having made an offer to be their scout.

“Indeed,” Volacius concurred, clearing his throat. “It is about time this mission actually began.”

With his arcane sword drawn, Volacius approached the tunnel entrance, but stopped short to allow Catalyst to take the lead. As he waited, Volacius summoned the Force around him, his purpose twofold. First, he worked to craft it into a towering metaphysical wall, intent on making himself immune to any attempts Nephthys might make to penetrate his mind, but also in hopes that his fellows would be unable to sense the source of his sudden emotional discomfort. Second, he reached out with the Force, eager to discern even a glimpse of the immediate future. Now that Eva—the missing piece from Nathemus’ visions—was accompanying them, he hoped that a more favourable outcome awaited them all.

Powers Used:
Mental Shield — 4
Precognition — 4

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

IC: Lord Huskac

"You'll find I'm full of surprises." - Luke Skywalker

Refreshed, albeit still quite haggard, Huskac snapped to a seated-straight up position like the guest of honor at a premature funeral. Just another day in the life of a galactic conqueror, he mused to himself wryly.

No sooner would he find a moment of reprieve than would yet another of Hesper's accidents pose a danger to him. A woman, visibly both mangled and crazed from the dark affliction cast upon her, had climbed atop the table. She posed no real threat to him, but given her wounds and lack of weaponry, it wouldn't do to kill her with everyone standing here, or to let her kill herself trying to hurt him.

Huskac pushed himself backwards, paying mind to the edge of the table with the corner of his eye, attempting to put just a few feet of distance between them, a few seconds in which he could save them both.

He raised his right hand, his fingers gently outstretched. He focused on the woman's mind, seeing through the Force the energy patterns that made up her pneuma, or consciousness in the Force. He attempted to free her from the madness that afflicted her, to cast out the dark influence once and for all.

From within his robe, Huskac's left palm grasped the handle of his DCC Defender sporting blaster pistol, and he slid his fingers as nonchalantly as he could manage around its smooth trigger, in the event that he was unable to free her mind in the fleeting seconds before she was upon him.

Powers Used:
Cleanse Mind 4
-
IC: Darth Pravum
???, ???

"The biggest problem in this universe is that nobody helps each other." - Shmi Skywalker

How long?
How long have I suffered here? How long must I suffer here? Broken? Forgotten? Abandoned?
Do I still live? Is this death? Is this Chaos? Have I been damned to an eternity in this hellish purgatory?

All dark. All pain. All forever. All alone.
You must stop. I am tired of your whining.
Wha...
Hello?
Who are you? Are you real?

Please, I'm begging, if you're real, answer me. Tell me what's happening. Tell me where I am.
You are alive. You are trapped.
Trapped? Where? How do I escape?

Well?
You do not. You will die soon.
You don't understand. I am a Dark Lord of the Sith. Tell me where I am, and I will free us.
You are no Lord. You are trapped. You are dying. You are weak.
Are you my captor, then? You think you-
No. You came here. You were hurt.
And why haven't you helped me?
I don't help.
Well wh-
You must stop talking. You will die soon. You will be quiet then.

TAGs:
@corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira, @Darth Kain

IC: Samael

As the blind woman, and child were leaving, by instinct Samael gave the child a friendly smile. When they were gone he silently berated himself. Why did I do that? I said I wouldn’t get attached. I won’t. I can’t. Not again. Not when I know what is in store for them.

Then the Avatar of God approached. “Samael,” Kain said, “it is time you and I had that talk. About what I am and what you believe.

Samael stepped away from the throne, and allowed Kain to take his rightful place if he chose to. “My beliefs are hard to change, if that’s your intent. And what I believe is that you are like me, only you have a greater connection to God. Something I know is that, if I defer to you and learn from you, I might one day have that same connection that I crave. I know you probably believe otherwise, our goals might not be the same, but as long as you live I will assist you, even if I’m not happy about it.” He paused for a moment. “My faith is all I need, as long as I have that, I don’t need to know what you think you believe you are, just what you need me to do next.

Tag: @Catalyst @Darth Kain

IC: Khatt Douw.
The Realm Beyond Shadows.

Why were they here? Such a ravishing scene, with such an unpleasant feeling. They could see everything, yet nothing was truly there. Like staring into the night sky, wondering how to define the idea of a ‘shape’ or a ‘color’. Everything was fleeting here, immaterial and abstract.
Perhaps ‘vacuous’ is an appropriate term.
Perhaps ‘vacuous’ was indeed an appropriate term.

anato-finnstark-web-petit-2.jpgHer ethereal form buckled over, grasping for life. A shivering sense of worry and doubt came over her as the two massive entities came upon them, filling all of reality around her. An inferno burst from within, strangling and pulling at her spirit. She almost whimpered in pain at the instability, the obscurity, the… doubt?

It seems they may be a problem, more than a pro.

Their words to, or rather against, Kain almost slid past her, but recall was impeccable. Even now, she had her aid. And the laughter, a crisp and overwhelming heat that threatened to erupt from what appeared as her mouth. As the scarlet satisfaction bloomed, she noticed that her form was in fact growing clearer. Even clothed in a veil of illusion and illuminated from within, she took note of the many delicate arms embracing her. It brought her some comfort in this distinctly not comfortable situation.
Just don’t worry, Shentha, I’m here for you, always.

Now is the time.
Now is indeed the time. Kain may not find a ‘savior from without’, but she did not need such. She had her own savior, the One that was Everywhere. But what had Kain said about…
And so she floated forward.
It seems…
‘’…that the three of you are at odds.’’
If there is…
‘’…any insurmountable issue between the three of you, I would like to help.’’
I am afraid that…
‘’…I lack much of the context behind your words. But I would like to bring about a solution, if you are willing. So what is it you desire? Why is there an issue with aiding the battle against your enemies? Are there anyone else you would be willing to aid?’’
She was sure. No, They knew. There was a path ahead, and they would converge.

(Powers used: None)

IC: Mardinga

"I had no intention of stopping."

Mardinga spoke between sharp breaths as he kept up the pace. He aimed towards the halfway and heard Sharkish'Ki say for Mihi to bring down the statue.

"That's probably the best idea. Mihi, slow them down some."

He entered the hallway expecting to hear a loud boom as the statue fell. The hallway wasn't extremely long before the turn and entrance to the escape tunnels. The apprentice ran like his life literally depended on it. He wanted to get off this rock and hopefully figure out what was going on. At least a better understanding would be nice.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Sharkish’Ki @Mihi Gaudens

IC: Dark Lady Makaria
Nar Shaddaa

There was an absolute satisfaction in watching her strike hit true, which was immediately consumed in her fury that his apparent move had worked as well, freezing the Empress in her spot like a doll to be ordered about. Her own failure to escape barely registered as this indignity was given salt by Kain's precious little outburst.

Snarling, she turned on the Grandmaster. "You will release the Empress at once or you will sore regret your actions here today," she swore, then turned back to her former Master. There seemed a moment of stillness as she marshaled her thoughts. Then she erupted.

"Yes, I thought better of you!" she screeched back, her tiny frame and voluminous robes stomping over to her former Master. "I thought you had some damnable common sense! I thought that, surely, he would not be so stupid as to abandon the peace conference he called with a group of people who all quite naturally hate each other. Not my Master, I thought!" Makaria was in a fine temper and didn't even notice the blaster bolts Kain deflected.

"And so you are on every world, on every battlefield, turning the tide to our favor, yet you could not spare even a message to your fine compatriots to say that you were delayed! Instead you let things fester and rot because you thought we would all come at your call and play at diplomacy like good little dolls until you arrived. This is like your stupid illusion trick in Hastur all over again!" Makaria paused to pant, her small shoulders heaving with her emotion and exertion.

"And it's because you don't trust us," she finished, her voice cracking. "You lord your information over us, withholding until you can come in and save the day. And for what!? For glory? For the high honors you are sure you deserve? We have not abandoned you, you abandoned us! You have seen terrible things and divine yourself our savior with all the lofty assurance that presumes. Now you complain about the weight you bear, because you will not share it! We know nothing unless it is at your leisure, and with nothing to back it up but your own words against our power, and yet you question us for doubting that you might have been manipulated? Driven mad by what you've seen?"

She stared at him, gimlet-eyed, daring him to refute her, daring him to justify his stupid actions. He was, she thought with some disgust, like a concubine of the deep harem, his thoughts a dark maze and his actions only reasonable to himself.

TAGS: @corinthia, @Darth Nathemus, @Voidwalker, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Kain, @skira

IC: Darth Vitani
The Tsushima

The limb fell free of their owner and Vitani took two steps back as the creature's body hit the floor with a thud. It really was an ugly thing, whatever it was. It was not moving anymore, removing its limbs works to immobilize them, at least temporarily. She was not sure if these things could grow their limbs back or somehow reattach them but for now, she wasn’t going to stick around and find out.
Finally entering the room the rest of the group had entered Vitani arrived in time to hear Lord Vaer speaking. To hear him calling the things that attacked them Wounds in the Force and that they should find a way to possibly replicate and control them. She couldn’t really argue, the Empress likely would want to know more about these things. Her brother would have certainly wanted to study these things if he had been here. Maybe if specimens can be acquired she can get one sent to Upekizar for him to study, better Azravar than whoever Vaer has in his pocket.

As Arach started to reply to Vaer, Vitani began to wonder if there was anything else in the area they needed to worry about. The quarantine alarm had ended but that didn’t necessarily mean the danger had passed. Focusing her hearing through the force she attempted to listen and hear anything down the halls, down the vents, and through the holes in the walls made by the creatures.

Powers Used: Theran Force Listening 4

TAG: @Darth Kain @Arach

IC: Darth Voxyn

Voxyn moved quickly, breaking from cover, lightsaber igniting, and cutting the Shadowbeing-possessed noble down in one strike of his lightsaber. Only really moving faster when the trigger of a blaster was pulled and he quickly deflected the bolt with the amethyst blade. Voxyn could hear more yelling and arguing coming from the exit a ways behind him but he tuned it out as he locked his eyes on the possessed guard that had shot at him.

He didn’t care about who was yelling at who and why, all he cared about right now is he has had a very shit day and this…thing had the gall to try to shoot at him. Stepping forward Voxyn swung his blade upwards in an attempt to cut the possessed guard in half.

Powers Used: Djem So 4

TAG: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Darth Nathemus @corinthia @skira @Cardun Vrek @Helkosh @Dark Lady Makaria

Last edited:
IC: Cal Vastrom

"What... what just happened? I... I felt like death itself was upon me. I couldn't..." the male trooper Cal had returned to sanity stammered as the Jedi watched on, relieved.

"It was her," the female trooper said, pointing at Hesper. "She did this. I still feel her claws digging into my mind. It... it hurts."

“Those feelings will pass with time, I promise. You were both under the influence of Sith Magic. We all were. Some took it worse than others.” Cal said reassuringly. “I recommend all of you troopers stay back. The foes we are fighting here are far too powerful for you to deal with. Even many fully trained Jedi would struggle with taking on a shadow being.”

He heard the Grandmaster’s telepathic message, and he relaxed, just a little. They were not allied with Kain.

But…what about the boy? If Kain has him…the vision…I need to talk to the Grandmaster. Yes. I should’ve told him before. Now, it may be too late…

Hesper had continued her rant from before, and tried to leave…only to be held in stasis by Master Durron.

Oh…this might not end well…

Kain was now shouting at Lady Makaria. All sense of decorum was falling apart quickly. And then Makaria telekinetically slapped Master Durron on the face. Cal’s hand instantly went to his lightsaber hilt, but then he thought better of it. The situation was ready to explode, again. Charging in would only make it worse. And then he looked behind at the federation troopers. They hadn’t asked to be here. They’d been assigned a simple escort duty which turned into a waking nightmare. And so, Cal drew on the force to form a bubble protecting both himself and the troopers behind him, just in case Hesper decided to retaliate upon being freed.

Power Used: Protection Bubble- 4

TAG: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Darth Nathemus @corinthia @skira @Darth Voxyn @Helkosh @Dark Lady Makaria

Last edited:
IC: Lady Kolasi
Aboard the Tsushima

We could split up?” Kolasi suggested, looking between the Sith accompanying her and the guards. Her mind went over splitting up, or staying with one another. Splitting up was riskier, though it’d be more effective.

I’ll let the lot of you decide what we do,” She finally stated, once Zareel had spoken. She placed her hand on top of LE, taking in a deep breath as her mind searched.

Powers Used:
Psychometry - 5 (Used when she touches LE)

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek, @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC: Avery Sunka
Nar Shaddaa

Out of the corner of his eye, the Onderonian King saw some of Hesper’s people heading their way. He looked to Derrik, whose eyes also had focused on the Hesperians. He looked to Avery, waiting for a command. But with one look, Derrik simply nodded.

In a split second, Avery released one of his hands from gripping the cloak, and reached down to grab the blaster from Myn’s hand. Derrik mirrored his actions, grabbing his own blaster from his waist holster. In one fluid motion, they both pointed their weapons towards the two insane people. Avery’s body pivoted, still keeping one of his hands on the cloak as he twisted to point his weapon at them.

They both let off a volley of shots, shooting towards the chests and stomachs of the two people.

Tags: @Darth Kain @Voidwalker @Cardun Vrek @Darth Voxyn @Helkosh @corinthia @Dark Lady Makaria @Darth Nathemus

IC: Darth Mavros
The Tsushima

Ah…wonderful. Yes, that’s right. Don’t tell us the real reason you’re leading us to a completely random point of the ship. Such great leadership. No wonder you’re a Quee- oh wait that’s hereditary. That doesn’t count.

Mavros followed on behind as the droid filled them in. So the ship was a privately owned and operated vessel? The captain must have been wealthy to afford to independently operate a ship of this size and adequately crew it.

Getting to the captain sounded like the better option than blundering into the cargo hold. If this ‘Morrow’ was still alive, he would be able to better inform him about the ship and why its crew turned on him.

Bet it has something to do with whatever is drawing Kolasi to the cargo hold…which is why going to the cargo hold blind is about a good a plan as when Volshe thought about evacuating Korriban by using a hanger bay in the kriffing Sith temple whilst the True Sith fleet was blockading the planet…

Zareel had the right idea. The captain may have some useful information. Kolasi paused, and suggested splitting up again. Mavros stood for a moment, thinking.

“Zareel is right. The Captain should know what his ship was carrying in the cargo hold. If you want us to split up, My Lady, I’ll take Zareel and a squad of troopers and get to the captain whilst you and Lord Eschaton go directly to the cargo hold. If the Captain has any useful intel, we’ll inform you via commlink before we regroup with you.” Mavros suggested.

Or we inform you via commlink before grabbing the captain and getting the hell off of this ship, cargo hold be damned.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Zareel Jhenan´doka, @Drakul_Xarxes

IC: Voidwalker, Cursed Champion of the Stars

Everything had started going to hell the moment this damn summit had started, and it seemed like the universe hadn't been done bending him over yet. The moment Voidwalker attempted to sever the Shadow Being's connection to the Force, his attack backfired. The blast struck him and Voidwalker once again crumpled to his knees. That was getting old quickly and it needed to end now.

He outstretched his hand, prepared to blast the shadowed Nobel with lightning, only for there to be nothing. Not even a spark could be formed. It seemed that his punishment for his failure was his lost connection to the Force. For most Force users in the Galaxy this would have been a terrible feeling, yet Voidwalker had lived so long cut off from the Force that he hadn't noticed its missing presence at first. It wouldn't be enough to stop him from attempting to kill these bastards though.

Voidwalker looked up and saw the Shadow Being he had attempted to attack and another Shadow Being continue their assault on the remaining guards closest to him. Luckily for Voidwalker, it seemed as if the Nobel hadn't taken notice of his failed attack. Voidwalker forced himself to his feet, his legs feeling shaky at first but he willed himself to remain upright. Step after step he approached the Noble from behind, knees feeling as if they'd buckle underneath him at any moment.

This is what made Voidwalker a Cursed Champion of the Stars, he was defiant to the end. He reached down, taking a lightsaber from his belt and holding his finger over the activation switch. He had one thought, one goal, and only one word that he focused on. "Die." He said in a cold anger filled tone as he attempted to throw his left arm around the Nobel's throat and point blank activate the crimson blade through it's back simultaneously.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom