Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game ⚜️ Knights of the Eternal Empire: The True Sith Trials ⚜️

IC: Hadzuska
The Banquet Hall, The Sith Temple, Korriban

As Apollyon entered the hall, Hadzuska eyed the caramel skinned woman, giving an awkward smile from his scarred face to attempt to allay any thoughts of trouble. Sizing her up, and deciding on the best way to try and manipulate her for his own ends. The deveronian apprentice had spoken highly of her and he was interested to see why. Her figure was desirable, even covered up by the wretched regal garb. It might show rank, but it was not efficient, and would get in the way. Her Onyx eyes were wisely flitting amongst all those in attendance, no doubt looking for anyone that might cause a problem. Not a problem for Hadzuska, he did not intend to make himself noticed amongst them, his work was best done when no one knew it was him that did it.

As Apollyon took her seat, Hadzuska’s sight fell upon Lord Xirr. The deveronian apprentice’s last master. Hadzuska silently chuckled in amusement. Little did the Lord know but he lost quite the asset by not paying attention to the child. A phrase came to mind: One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

After calling for wine, Apollyon began to address the hall, and Hadzuska looked back to her paying attention. Upon her mentioning at least three deaths, he joined the scattered chuckles, all while eyeing those around him just in case. Then she mentioned three prisoners, and the exact numbering used before made more sense. She was indeed intelligent, it was going to be a challenge after all. But a deal is a deal, and whether he liked it or not he would do his best to deliver eventually, as it seemed it would take more time than he had planned. She then called for those in attendance to enjoy the feast and talk amongst themselves. Hadzuska, not knowing any of those in attendance personally, kept to himself for now, listened to those around him, and would touch none of the food or drink, he didn’t trust it.

Then he heard the name Lord Catalyst. The child wouldn’t shut up about how kind the man was and how he can’t wait to meet him again one day. Looking over he observed the man. Lord Catalyst was not what he expected from what he heard. With his long hair and beard, even Hadzuska knew this man was attractive and could claim whomever he desired if he wanted. Well, almost anyone.

Then the doors opened, and more people entered. Most were those that he didn’t know much about, yet. But there was one he recognized only from those that spoke of them. Darth Viscretus. Another contender for the throne. It was amusing that this one showed up fashionably late. Did she really care about her claim to the throne, or was she just trying to posture like everyone else. Only wanting the throne for greed, and not having the power to hold it. Damn this inability to not feel out with the Force in this place.

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus @Darth Dreadwar

IC: Drakul Xarxes
The Royal Chambers, Castle Adasca, Adascopolis, Arkania
The Previous Evening

nix-newton-draculas-castle-1.jpg

Theme:

Farewells: different than goodbyes in a colloquial sense. A goodbye was brief, rarely carried emotion, and often implied that the next meeting would come relatively soon. Farewells were far heavier, bore the weight of love and passion, and were a salutation to the last time for a while that interaction would occur at all or would occur in the same manner.

For Lord Amaunator Adasca, this was a farewell. His wife Alcina, currently nestled in his arms, panting hard from the effort she had been exerting, would not see him again for some time. Her golden eyes, framed by long, elegant raven locks, were locked on her husband. Her ruby lips were parted, too tired now to form words, to confess her undying love again to the titan who loved her so dearly. But Xarxes knew precisely how she felt. He could sense every emotion and hint of adoration, every fear, and desire that his beloved possessed.

And he thrived on it.

Until meeting Alcina, Xarxes never considered the ideal spouse an obtainable reality, yet here he lay beside such a bride. The Arkanian princess, now queen, had been the perfect match for him, and she had known it even before he had. Her adoration was great enough to cause her to turn on her own father and ensure the rise of Xarxes, masquerading as Amaunator, to the seat of the monarchy.

Now, over three years later, with a young son, the couple lived in bliss, outside of the pressures of the quarreling Sith Order. On Arkania, there was no conflict, no attempts at coups, no rising rebellions. Just peace. Since the couple had come into power, Arkania had been converted into a utopia for its citizens. Crime had ceased to exist, corruption had been uprooted and replaced with just and generous courts, and business thrived through controlled, heavily regulated trade with trusted systems.

Of course, this was all thanks to the Sith working undercover from Veeshas Tuwan. Though Arkania’s denizens did not know it, the ancient Sith city and library had become the haven for Drakul Xarxes’s cults of Sith fanatics, many of whom shared his desire to create the perfect world. Secretly they had done so and continued to maintain the well-oiled machine of Arkanian paradise.

Alcina Adasca.jpg Alcina’s eyes closed as she drifted into slumber, planting one last kiss on her husband’s neck before exhaustion overtook her. Xarxes reciprocated, leaving a kiss on her forehead before slowly rising from the bed and donning a crimson evening robe. Through the midnight curtains, the light of Arkania’s brightest moon shone a beam upon Xarxes, illuminating his alabaster skin and coal-black hair. His Mqaaq’it shone its own silver back to it, flashing its light before he turned away towards the adjoining room.

The chamber was smaller but no less grand, containing within it a small bed and a number of tools and toys. The bed was more akin to a cradle though it bore grand posts and curtains to block the light. Pulling one back, Xarxes gazed upon the sleeping face of his young son, Ladon. He looked, presently, similar to how Xarxes had as a child, with natural tattoos and small horns. At only three years old, the boy was still quite small, though his father had faith that he would grow up to have great stature as his parents did.

Letting the curtain fall back into place, the Sith strode slowly to one of the closest between the chambers, opening one of selecting a regal outfit fitting of his station for the feast.

…The feast.

Apollyon had called many of the greatest living Sith to join her on Korriban tomorrow. In all truth, Xarxes would prefer to be nearly anywhere else. There was bound to be a debaucherous, murderous, or otherwise troublesome uprising there, and he hated the thought of any of these possibilities, especially given the forebodings brought to him by the mysterious Lady Hesper. If it weren’t for his high status, he wouldn’t have even considered making an appearance.

But Alcina had insisted its necessity and convinced him to go, even against his greater instincts. Xarxes was aware that the coaxing of a wife could lead to the downfall of her husband, and yet he foresaw no death overtaking him while he was at this feast. Danger, perhaps, but not his own death. He placed enough faith in his own sight to trust his safety at this event.

Morning

“Sister Namira,” growled the Nightfather into a communicator, “have The Apocrypha prepared for travel to Korriban and have it loaded with my necessary armament.”

“As you command, my lord,” replied the voice of the young Nightsister before the static overtook it. Xarxes stowed the device in the fold of his tunic, one of the few pieces of technology he would carry with him on this journey. He leaned on the balcony rail, watching as the sun rose in the distance, covering the sky in a warm orange gradient.

“Did you sleep at all last night?”

Xarxes turned to see Alcina, a thin, loose robe draped over her shoulders, leaning in the doorway, smiling gently at her husband. He smiled back and gently shook his head. “No. I stayed up all through the night looking into the future, attempting to discern your safety and our boy’s.”

Alcina stepped lightly across the tile floor of the balcony to the railing. “You’re thorough, careful, and caring, all qualities of yours which I greatly admire. But you hurt yourself too much sometimes. Promise me you’ll at least sleep on the starship on your way.” Her eyelids fluttered slightly at him before her golden eyes locked with his.

“If I do,” he grumbled slightly, “it will be because I have determined that I must.”

“Darling,” Alcina intoned, “your iron will is admirable, but you mustn’t let it cause your body harm. Both mind and body must be in good health. Don’t get stubborn with me just because you want to maintain an image in my own head. I could never see you as anything other than perfect.”

The Nightfather sighed. His vulnerability was only ever exposed before a rare few superior individuals in the Order and his wife, though he was accepting of the latter. “Living as a god for my people is a good and noble goal, Alcina. But for you, I am only trying to be a good husband.”

“Then promise you’ll return safely to Ladon and me. Can you do at least that?” Her voice bore a hint of nervousness. Her powers of foresight were far weaker than his, but his attitude towards the future and the portents offered by the High Priestess had rubbed off onto her, and she feared ever-so-slightly for her beloved’s safety.

He turned to her, lightly grasping her shoulders as he looked down at her with a serene and kindly expression. “Dearest, I will not before returning. You have my word.” He leaned forward, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips before pulling back. Alcina smiled, content at least with his response.

A light buzzed on Xarxes’s communicator. The ship was ready.

“That’s my queue,” he sighed. He dragged his hands along her arms as he pulled back until he reached her hands and distance pulled them apart. “I’ll be watching you, Alcina.”

“And I’ll be waiting.”

***​

Xarxes emerged onto the landing platform to see his Apocrypha awaiting him, sparkling like new. Clearly, Namira had cared for it well. In addition to his ship, a tall red Chagrian, decorated with the tattoos of the Sith, stood in the port entry, datapad in hand. A curved-hilt lightsaber hung at his side, carrels visible beneath the fold of his black and crimson Sith robes. As Xarxes approached, the figure smiled, a black serpentine tongue darting out past his silver fangs.

“Hail, Lord Drakul Xarxes, Ari of Adascopolis,” he said with a flourishing bow. “Your transport is ready, and the goods which you requested have been arranged inside.”

“Rise, Zyldek,” growled the Arkanian lord. “You have done well. We must leave at once if we are to arrive in time.”

“Of course, Master. Right, this way.”

The Chagrian led Lord Xarxes to his seat, a modified version of what had once been a simple cushion. Now, it was a half-throne fitted with casual comforts for long transport. Considering that Xarxes did not pilot vessels whatsoever, he saw no use for sitting in complete discomfort while he traveled as a passenger, though traveling in a vessel at all was wasteful.

Xarxes pressed a button on his communicator, alerting Namira that they were ready for departure. The sound of the engine igniting was enough to put Xarxes at ease as he rested his gaze soundly on Zyldek. “I can sense that you are nervous, apprentice. Do you fear the possibilities that await at the feast?”

The Chagrian nodded. “Indeed, Master. I do not have the foresight you do and thus can only suspect that violence and treachery will be ever-present at the banquet.”

Xarxes grunted in agreement. “You will have no problem refraining from consuming the food and drink, given your inability to enjoy either. I myself will refrain as well. I believe many here are aware of the possible consequences. Apart from that, do not engage in fruitless conversation and make no attempt at violence unless it becomes clear that we will not otherwise escape. I will not put it past Apollyon to use Ysalamiri to prevent violence, though I doubt such tactics will bear any sort of fruit.”

“Naturally, Master. I have not yet had the unfortunate experience of meeting Empress Apollyon, but I anticipate her to be well-prepared for our presence as she is oft to be.”

Xarxes reclined in his throne, bringing a finger to his chin and stroking it. The ship had just entered the atmosphere and was preparing for hyperspace. The Nightfather looked out of one of the port windows. Relatively nearby, he could glimpse the shadowy world of Mindor, a nearby neighbor of Arkania. Dark forebodings came from that cursed planet, though it was the least of his concerns at this moment.

“Stay close to me, Zyldek, and continue performing your scribe’s duties. Unless I give the word, you are not to speak with anyone above your station. This is a test of your tact and obedience. I trust you will not fail me.”

“My lord,” a female voice crackled over the speaker, “we are entering hyperspace to Korriban. Prepare yourself.”

“You may enter when ready, Namira,” he replied, checking once to ensure his preparation. There was a slight rock in the ship as the light around them bent and converged into a pinpoint, and then they were gone.

Korriban, The Sith temple
An Hour Ago

*CLANK…CLANK…CLANK!*

The sound of titanic metal footsteps echoed through the halls of the Sith temple as the Nightfather and his scribe walked along its outer walls. The feast was being prepared; Xarxes was now regaled in his evening wear: full armor. His sword, the great Ostrine blade dubbed “The Sword of Order,” hung at his side. While he had caught a glimpse and could sense the presence of many small, Force-dampening creatures, no doubt Ysalamiri, he highly doubted that no others would be carrying weapons tonight. At least his was on full display, a deterrent to any who would dare use this feast as an opportunity to strike at him.

Another precaution: the wineskin in his hand currently filled with a warm red liquid not meant for such vessels. He would consume no food offered him this night, nor would any drink served by another pass through his lips. The Dark Lord had no fear of poison, for his system was immune to such substances, but he still found meals outside of those shared with his wife and child to be boring and wasteful.

Zyldek would not eat either, though, for him, it was because he lacked tastebuds and had come to find consuming food outside of nutrition tabs as a tedious and time-consuming process which he had no need of partaking in. Zyldek, too carried a weapon: his simple curved saber. In conjunction with the fanatical tattoos he bore, he would blend in well as a Krayt loyalist, though this could not be further from the truth.

“Zyldek,” hissed the Jen’ari, “Leave me.”

The Chagrian bowed wordlessly, walking off a distance and giving the Nightfather time alone with his thoughts.

Xarxes peered into space, looking homewards to his wife. Presently, he saw, she was reading an Arkanian story to Ladon, who sat quietly and listened. He peered further, looking into the depths of Veeshas Tuwan, where Darth Eschaton, the Black Steward, oversaw brutal experimentation on unwilling subjects. All seemed in order.

Then he peered to Khar Delba and Bosthirda, both places where he had received powerful and haunting tidings. Nothing new. All was well enough.

A final thought drew him out of space and into time, peering into what lay ahead. The future was constantly shifting, never static until it became the present. His own future was hasty, and he saw several plausible outcomes of the night but not his own demise. This was sufficient enough to bring consolation to his spirit, though he had gazed at those same events half a dozen times by now.

A long sigh escaped him. Long had he worked to ensure the perfection of his own world, but if what he had been told not long ago by the High Priestess was true, it could be inefficient. The most fitting individual, in his mind, for the throne of the Sith had demanded a task of him, and meeting her expectations, while balancing the secrecy of it, was difficult. How would he fare should Hesper return? How would the Order react?

How, indeed, would Xarxes--and the galaxy--survive the unforeseen doom that was to come without their greatest Prophetess?

The All-Seeing-Eye was blind to all that. He only hoped for the best and acted in the most rational manner to ensure a safe future for himself and those closest to him. But one being’s sight, even when combined with the mightiest will of all, would not be enough to withstand the wrath of the Butcher of Coruscant if he let her down.

The Jen'ari turned away from the setting sun and towards the banquet hall, watching as Sith of various ranks filed into the temple.

They were on the precipice of doom, and none of them knew it.

The Sith temple
Presently

Theme:

Degenerates and fools. Blind, all of them. So few of a truly acceptable caliber and fewer still worthy of ruling the rest.

These thoughts ran through Xarxes’s mind as his Mqaaq’it shifted in a glance, one by one, across the significant faces present. The first he noticed was Darth Noxia, her ashen skin, and glowing violet eye, combined with her most regal attire, distinguishing her from the few other Togrutan Sith present. Next to her sat the supposed “Dread Heir,” Darth Voidwalker. Down the table sat Darth Xxys, the twin-bearded Sith, and the slimy weasel Darth Pravum. Ānhrā Māhnîu and Sedicious, both associates of the Nightfather, sat near to each other at the other end. He held both in high regard, though their views of the Force, the Sith, and the future all varied.

Across from him was seated the stern Darth Solus, Commandant of Carrion. The Ar’Adas had never spent much time in becoming acquainted with Solus or his apprentice, Reatith Blodraald, though he was aware of the former’s apprenticeship to Darth Wyyrlok IV, the tattooed female Chagrian next to him. Her true name, Saarai, meaning “truth,” had once fit her well back when she was a servant of her father. Now, however, she had sunk low to the stature of a Krayt loyalist.

Krayt…the Nightfather’s Mqaaq’it glowed purple as it darted in the direction of Lord Feros, the self-proclaimed reborn Krayt. Xarxes had been but a lowly acolyte when Krayt ruled, and he felt the same aura of power now that he felt then. Now, however, Xarxes felt no fear in his presence. Rather, he felt disdain. He knew he couldn’t be the only one thinking of how much he wanted to eradicate the Krayt loyalists here and now.EIsonrYW4AAFyBq.jpg

The Dragons weren’t the only ones Drakul could sense the hate for. Apollyon and Viscretus, both pompous women who thought far more highly of themselves than was merited, were also the subject of venom tonight. Apollyon’s idea to neutralize and unite the Sith via Ysalamiri had earned her no points. Apollyon was powerful, but the respect she commanded was nothing compared with that of the lost Emperor. Viscretus, though by far the most powerful individual present, was shamelessly displaying Imperial Knights, grey weaklings presuming to be competent in their philosophies and abilities. Why would she bring them here? Did she want to turn the entire Order against her?
A passing droid—no, chassis—caught his eye. Knight I-Ron approaching Apollyon to serve her. He noticed Sedriss Nathemus not far from him, red light seeping through the cracks in his skin. Nearby stood two figures Xarxes had seen fairly recently: Lords Catalyst and Kain, the latter currently turning to exit and get some fresh air. Hopefully, there would be time to speak tonight.

“Hail and well met, Lord Xarxes,” came a familiar deep voice. “Credit for your thoughts on today’s proceedings?”

The Nightfather turned to behold one of his closest allies, Darth Skyllan, bearing an odd, morbid attire for the evening. Their piercing eyes pierced through the eyeholes of Xarxes’s helmet, demanding attention from the taller Sith.

“Darth Skyllan,” the Ar’Adas said with a hushed tone of amusement, “I am unsurprised to see you here, though I wish I was not. These events bore me, though I am expected to keep up appearances by gracing the masses with my presence. I am hoping, at the very least, to avoid confrontation if at all possible.”

TAGS: @Darth Dreadwar @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Metus

Last edited:
IC: Apprentice Kielor
Training Room, Sith Temple, Korriban

The sharp sting of the training remote’s shot pierced the middle aged apprentice’s defence, as the blades of his lightsabers simultaneously absorbed the blasts from another three remotes. His main hand weapon thrummed a deep violet and crackled as the bolts of energy were absorbed by the blade; his offhand weapon painting a crimson arc as it intercepted a final bolt from the salvo. The dark fabric of his flight suit burned where the shot had landed, along with the flesh beneath, as though he had been stung by a fire wasp; the pain was invigorating.

His concentration was off. His mind wandered to his Master, Lady Invadator. He had heard of a gathering of Lords which was to occur on this day. Would she be in attendance? If so, would she honour him with her presence? Would she test him? Would he meet her expectations?

Her training had been invaluable, and he was deeply grateful. He hoped that she would be pleased with his progress, but uncertainty had always been his enemy. When they had first met he was already a veteran combatant, skilled in various martial arts as well as weapons and warfare, however his ability to control the force was rudimentary at best; dumb luck more often than not. She had taught him to control the force, to connect with it and all things which were a part of it, and how to draw on the darkside to feed it. His combat ability had improved remarkably, at least he thought as much; now able to absorb the shots of numerous training remotes at the same time, where his first soirée with the devices had left him pockmarked and pained. But his ability was insignificant compared to hers; to the Ladys and Lords of the Sith. And so he trained. Everyday. Relentlessly. Not just with his body, but also his mind.

Whirling his dual blades into the next volley of shots from the remotes, Overseer Marcus commands him from across the chamber, “Kielor, enough with the training remotes; the combat droids offer better challenge. Or better yet, spar with Kira. It is about time I saw her work up a sweat.” The apprentice stepped sharply to avoid an incoming shot from one of the remotes, catching the beam on the back of his mainhand weapon as he turned to regard the Onderonian; offering a wink and wry grin before turning back to the Overseer.

“Yes, Overseer,” he replied sharply with a barely perceptible nod. .

Before he’d had time to turn back toward the young woman, a chorus of chimes rang across the training room. The sounds of combat ceased immediately, followed by a pensive silence. A silence sharply punctuated by the demands from the Overseer and Master Xiannarr to know what the interruption was. It was Apprentice Dymos who furnished the response; the blue glow of the datapad illuminating the fine features of the young woman’s face. Kielor didn’t listen. His mind immediately went to who the message had been sent by. Darth Apollyon. Apprentice to the fallen Emperor; his Emperor. Darth Dreadwar.

Hers was a name that he had only heard mentioned a handful of times, however the letters practically jumped from the dull glow of the datapad to assault his anxieties. Clearly she was part of the gathering, but what did she want with the apprentices?

Torture masks…

That sounds pleasant.

Hand to hand combat…

That does sound pleasant.

Then the tunnels, unfinished as they were.

Why?

Time would tell. He knew that it didn’t really matter why. It was the will of the force. The will of the Sith. It was his duty to obey.

He clipped his lightsabers onto his belt and reached for his thin black robes.

Tag: @Loharr Talem @skira @Zareel Jhenan´doka @Undying Master Xiannarr @Keres Dymos @Nacros_Telcontare

IC: Darth Skyllan

---------------------

Allies they may be, but their differing attitudes still amused the Winged Sith. Granted, Skyllan did not in truth wish to be part of a confrontation here, but they'd love to see one. This minor reluctance to involve themself was in part due to the obvious lack of Force available, but partially due to the fact that although in the grand scheme of the galaxy Skyllan was one of the more dangerous beings you could hope to encounter, they were likely on the lower side of the average in regards to the forces assembled here. Of the Sith that is, if you included the children and the shadowguard they would probably drag the average down… though given who they'd entered with, Skyllan wouldn't bet on it.

"Ultimately my lord, I wasn't quite sure I had the luxury of saying no to this meeting even if I had wanted to." The Winged Sith admitted in a slightly amused tone. "I would have thought that you'd at least be interested as to who comes out of this meeting leading the sith, but I can understand if not." Well, leading the masses anyway. Even if something was decided today, the chance that the denizens in attendance would simply fall in line was a hilarious joke. They glanced over the assembled sith once more.

Given that the most confident person is the one most likely to attack first, and given that Lady Apollyon most likely put the force null in place out of concern she couldn't control the gathering without it, that meant Viscretus. Now since she'd paused on the man in question, and that the only other people she'd paused on seemed to be allies and Apollyon… her target would likely be the supposed Dragon King. Time to play mental dominoes. So if Viscretus went for Kryat. Then Kryat's goons were likely to go for the Empress of the NGE's kids as opposed to her exactly. Then Nihl, Pravum and Ka- no. Kain had left. Nihl and Pravum, along with the shadowguard, would take the goons.

It would be interesting to see how Darth Volacius would react, Skyllan had done a rather deep dive into the Mirialan's history upon being apprenticed to him. Whether or not the warrior sided against the Kryat faction - or against Nihl and the Imperial Knights - was certainly an interesting thing. After all, despite the man's success as a warrior, even in a Force Null the s'kytri's former master couldn't hope to engage both factions at once... Now if Lord Kain re-entered before it kicked off, and he asked it of his former apprentice, Skyllan had a feeling Volacius would side with the Firelord in defense of Viscretus' kids.

The real question was if those in Apollyon's camp would join Kryat's with a view to subduing the person that was best positioned to block whatever agenda the Missing Emperor's Hand was planning. If the Hand, Lord Vua, I-Ron, likely Lord Catalyst, and whoever else would side with her. Of course, if she sided with Kryat against Viscretus, then there was a fair chance that many of the others would side with the Empress of the NGE. It's a rather intruiging balancing act.

That being said, the match ups might play out a tad different considering the lack of the Force. Skyllan wondered who Lord Xxys in particular would side with if the lines were drawn. The other martial experts had more obvious allegiances, but the Winged Sith had never been quite sure where the man would stand if the lines were drawn. Furthermore, if someone like Lord Nathemus - one of the most arcane individuals here - wished to make a move, would he start by killing the force null? The Force would be a great ally to the Sith Sorcerer after all, but removing the binding on oneself would remove it on all here.

It was just all so fun to think about!

Of course, Skyllan wasn't particularly bothered by who came out on top. Their allegiance was to the Sith as a whole, not any one individual. It was the Order itself that had taught the s'kytri who they truly were, but of course beyond that, Skyllan was loyal to the Darkside of the Force. Luckily, there was a faction that followed such things, although she had not yet arrived, it was Hesper that the Winged Sith would follow. She was a witness to the Will of the Force, and for whatever reason, Skyllan believed that to be true.

Regardless, the s'kytri continued to consume only the alcohol that they had brought. Their plate, full of no doubt exquisite food, lay untouched before them. A slightly less obvious tactic than Lord Xarxes' total refusal, but a valid one nonetheless. "Regardless, far be it from me to keep you in a topic that does not interest you." Skyllan continued as they addressed the Lord, the parade of thoughts that had passed through their head having done so in a mere moment.

"How are things on Arkania? The Holonet seems to agree you've made quite a home out of the planet. I hear even certain political and underworld figures are attempting to purchase holiday homes on your world." Skyllan's eyes gave away none of their thoughts - with the exception that there were some calculations going on in their mind - away. It was a trait born from employing mind shields against one's dead relatives… one of the odder things Skyllan and Xarxes had in common.

---------

Tags: @Darth Dreadwar , @Admiral Volshe , @Darth Kain , @Drakul_Xarxes , @Hadzuska_The Jester , @Darth Xirr, @Darth Solus, @DarthNoxia , @Jihadi Quartz , @Voidwalker @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious , @DarthFeros , @Darth Xxys , @Metus

Last edited:
IC: Darth Mavros

—————————————————-

Mavros breathed a heavy sigh as the Dark Wind exited hyperspace above the familiar world of Korriban. He disliked attending large gatherings at the best of times, and the thought of being stuck in a room filled with a group of Sith professing themselves to be the ‘true’ Sith Emperor filled him with frustration. There was only one true ruler of the Sith, and that was whoever was able to force their claim through and silence any who refused to acknowledge them. That was the way of the Dark Side. Whoever was strongest ruled. The rest served, until one of them grew strong enough to challenge for leadership and take the throne themselves.

It was the way it should be.

Titles meant nothing unless the holder could defend their right to wear them. And he doubted any of these pretenders were worthy of the title of Emperor. He knew of only one who could hold that title. The rest would either agree with him, or they would likely end up dead. He could have stayed away, but to refuse the invitation would come across as being disrespectful, and would put an immediate black mark against his name.

He had been away from Korriban for some time on a delicate assignment, and as he carefully pulled down on the controls to bring the ship in to land, he felt the familiar surge of Dark Side energy wash over him, almost as if it was embracing a long lost friend. It felt good to be home. Korriban was where he had found his true self, and it felt more of a home to him than Dantooine ever had. The Valley of the Dark Lords came into view as he grew closer to the Sith Temple, the statues erected eons ago in tribute to the Ancient Sith still standing watch over those who dared to trespass on this sacred ground. He silently wondered how many Sith they had watched wither and die.

Korriban was a testament to the power of the Sith, but also to the times the order fell into ruin. The weathered statues and the ruined buildings all served as a warning of the dangers of the Order fracturing and falling into chaos. Even the barren wastes of Korriban were the result of the failures of previous generations. If the Sith were to triumph, Mavros figured, they had to rally behind one leader who was strong enough to do whatever it took to maintain order. Nothing could hold them back.
The ship's auto-pilot took control as he neared the hangar, and Mavros stood up and headed down towards the boarding ramp. He took a chance to examine himself in one of the mirrors in his makeshift living quarters. He looked pale, slightly ill, even. His long journey had taken its toll on him, but it somewhat suited his overall look. Mavros wasn’t one for making flashy statements with his choice of attire; he preferred to come across as unassuming so as to better surprise any potential opponents. He wore a simple black tunic with matching boots and trousers, with a belt and a hooded cloak worn over them. Traditional Sith clothing, nothing too fancy or too aggressive looking. An outfit that would make him harder to read from a quick glance. Armour would have signalled an aggressive intent, as if he came here expecting a battle.

He did have a suspicion that there would be blood shed at this feast, but he did not show any sign of that thought, though both his lightsaber and Blackwing hung from his belt. But Sith rarely went somewhere unarmed, so him being armed wouldn’t draw any real attention. Taking one last deep breath and bracing himself for what was to come, he stepped down the boarding ramp and out into the surface of Korriban itself.

Mavros strode out of the hangar without paying anyone present a second glance. The light of Horuset was beginning to fade, and a long shadow was beginning to fall over the rocky surface of Korriban as the night drew ever closer.
“Not ominous at all,” he muttered to himself as he approached the entrance of the temple, aware of the many other Sith who were also making their way there. All were clad in a variety of outfits; some imposing, some simple, and some that were completely outlandish. Mavros quickened his pace, he did not want to be lured into a conversation with any of them. He preferred to keep his own company, and implicitly distrusted his fellow Sith. After all, he knew what the followers of the Dark Side were capable of, and he wanted to get this whole affair done with as quickly as possible so he could return to his other endeavours.

He passed through the impressive entrance to the temple, and entered the hall where Lady Apollyon’s banquet was to be held. It was a magnificent space, even he had to admit that, and had been lavishly decorated. His stomach, used to the bland and threadbare rations he kept on the Dark Wind, instinctively growled as the myriad of exotic scents filled his nostrils. There was surely enough food here to feed an army twice the size of the number of invited guests, and enough different styles of cooking to please even the most discerning palate. But Mavros suppressed the urge to gorge himself, and bluntly waved away a server who had approached him with a serving tray full of ornate goblets. Something else was bothering him, and it took him a moment to work out what exactly it was. As he began to summon the power Force to help empower his senses, it did not come. The Force had been deafened within the hall. He could no longer feel its familiar embrace.

Clever. he thought to himself. What better way to enforce a truce amongst quarrelling Sith than to nullify their greatest asset? He glanced up and down the walls, and saw a line of caged lizards that had been deliberately arranged at planned intervals. He guessed that this was the reason that he could not feel the Force within the room. Feeling a surge of appreciation for Lady Apollyon’s thoroughness, he walked between the line of tables towards his seat, and silently sat down.
Never before had Mavros seen so many Sith gathered in one place. He recognised many of their faces, though he did not know many of them personally.

There was Darth Kain, of whom Mavros had heard numerous stories and rumours. If half of what he had heard about him was true, Mavros knew better than to dare to cross the powerful Sith. Near him was Darth Catalyst, whose reputation also preceded him. The Sedriss Nathemus was also there, and he also recognised Darth Xxys, Darth Noxia, Darth Xarxes in his imposing armour, Darth Solus in his impeccably clean uniform, and Solus’ Apprentice Reatith. He wondered how Reatith felt, being the sole Apprentice sat amongst a group of high ranking Sith. If he had been sat here as an Apprentice, knowing what may happen here, he would have been filled with fear.

Mavros continued glancing down the table. There was Darth Pravum - he made a mental note to avoid engaging the notoriously vain Sith in conversation - and Ānhrā Māhnîu, who looked like the banquet hall was the last place he wanted to be. Mavros sympathised. Mavros recognised Darth Skyllan, for he had once duelled the S’kytri long ago, when they were still mere apprentices, and he knew how tricky they could be in a confrontation. He also recognised Darth Maladi and Darth Talon, though not the Zabrak Sith sat next to the red skinned Twi’lek. Darth Thana, Metus Aurelius, Darth Mirtis, and a Mirialan he was fairly certain was Darth Volacius were closest to him. Empress Viscretus was notably absent, though he expected she would arrive soon.

One Sith who was not absent was the supposedly reborn Darth Krayt. Mavros had been little more than a child when Krayt ruled the Sith, but he had read enough about him to know that he was immensely powerful in the Dark Side. Powerful enough to survive two supposed deaths, if this was truly Krayt that sat here in a new body, surrounded by his followers. Mavros paid little to no attention to the other claimants to the throne, he doubted any of them had the strength to press their claim. Likely, they would fall in line, or, the Tuk’ata would be having double servings for the next few weeks.

He refused several more offers of food and drink, he knew of too many expert poisoners amongst the Sith to dare to eat or drink anything. Finally, the announcement of Lady Apollyon’s arrival returned his attention back to the grandiose entrance, and Mavros watched with interest as she approached the head of the table and began to speak. Now it’ll get more interesting. Mavros thought, his interest piqued. He looked around at his fellow Sith, and from the looks on many of their faces, he doubted that Lady Apollyon’s request to avoid bloodshed would be heeded. Some would have to die, it was inevitable.

It was the way of the Sith.

Apollyon finished her speech, and the attendees returned their attention to their food and drink, some chatting casually. Mavros looked around, clearly bored. He just wanted this to be over, one way or the other. He once again resisted the urge to eat, his stomach now growling like a starved Kath Hound. No, better to be safe than sorry. Audible gasps drew his attention, and he glanced round to see what exactly had caused such a reaction.

Empress Viscretus had arrived, dressed in an extravagantly ornate gown that drew the attention of everyone in the room, and shone brightly enough that Mavros had to rub his eyes. He could not quite believe what he was seeing. Alongside Darth Nihl and her two children, she had brought Imperial Jedi along with her. A bold move, to bring the hated enemies of the Sith to the Sith Temple itself. Judging from the glares of utter contempt that her guards had drawn from many of the guests, the decision had not gone down well, though as Viscretus passed by Mavros, she regarded him warmly, and he bowed his head politely in return, even if he had to suppress the urge to lunge at the Jedi. Mavros could think of only two reasons she had brought them. Either she suspected a trap, or she wished to antagonise the other claimants to Darth Dreadwar’s vacated throne. Neither hypothesis sounded particularly good. Viscretus gave a greeting, but something seemed to stop her briefly in her tracks, and she sat down and exchanged hushed words with Darth Nihl. The glances towards Darth Krayt revealed what had seemed to offset the Empress. He wondered why, and what it could mean as the night continued to unfold.

Mavros’ attention was drawn away from his internal thoughts by the mention of his own name. Darth Volacius was addressing him.
“Darth Mavros, Darth Thana,” the Sith Master began, sounding cordial enough to Mavros’ ear, “allow me to introduce myself. I am Darth Volacius. I’m afraid I haven’t had the chance to read the reports of your respective exploits in much detail, as the recent conflicts our Empire has endured have occupied most of my time. Nevertheless, I consider it an honour and a pleasure to meet the both of you.”
Honour, what a stupid notion, Mavros thought internally. He outwardly politely smiled back at the Mirialan, glad that the Ysalamiri prevented his true thoughts from being uncovered. The mere mention of the word, casual as it was, slightly lowered his opinion of the man. He wondered briefly why Volacius had chosen to address himself and Thana. Was there a specific reason? Or was he just making polite conversation? Mavros didn’t know enough about Volacius to make an educated guess. So, he simply nodded politely back and allowed his smile to widen slightly.
“The pleasure is mine, and it is always an honour,” Mavros began, sounding as friendly as he could even as internally he squirmed at the use of that word, “to meet a fellow Sith Master. I am afraid that I too have not been able to keep up with any exploits, as I have been away for some time. It is good, however, to be back among my fellow Sith.”

Tags: @Darth Dreadwar, @Admiral Volshe, @Darth Kain, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Darth Nathemus, @Darth Xirr, @Darth Solus, @DarthNoxia, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Jihadi Quartz, @Voidwalker, @Ānhrā Māhnîu, @Helkosh, @G.Kn, @Reatith Blodraald, @Darth Thana, @Sith_Imperios, @Darth Sedicious, @DarthFeros, @Darth Xxys, @Volacius, @Metus

Last edited:
IC: Drakul Xarxes​

The Nightfather frowned at Skyllan’s mentioning of the Sith’s future ruler. As much as he admired the supposedly-deceased Emperor Dreadwar for his power and authority, he had, over time, come to understand him as less than perfect as a ruler. The same, he believed, could be said for the potential of anyone else in this room. So long as the Sith lacked a perfect ruler, they would not be worth dedicating the whole of one’s being to.

There was but one perfect ruler in potential mind, and they were not present. But several less-than-ideal individuals were vying for the empty throne upon which Xarxes’s gaze rested. Tonight could very well be the dawn of a new—and morbid—era for the Sith.

“No, Skyllan. I care not for the bustle of Sith politics and quarreling that will certainly ensue if one attempts to claim the seat of Emperor for themselves. I would prefer to not be involved.

As for Arkania, the populace thrives. Business has never been better and the streets have not been this safe in galactic history. I almost detest leaving the city of Adascopolis, seeing as it has become a utopia whose ruler truly cares for the well-being of his people.”

Xarxes inserted a clawed fingertip into the cork of his wineskin, uncorking it and bringing it to his lips, allowing the thick, warm, crimson liquid to run down his throat. Refreshing.

“There are other matters I have previously obligated myself to which take place across the galaxy, but Arkania maintains its primacy. I believe your own agenda has been kept up with?”

Tags: @Darth Dreadwar, @Admiral Volshe, @Darth Kain, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Darth Nathemus, @Darth Xirr, @Darth Solus, @DarthNoxia, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Jihadi Quartz, @Voidwalker, @Ānhrā Māhnîu, @Helkosh, @G.Kn, @Reatith Blodraald, @Darth Thana, @Sith_Imperios, @Darth Sedicious, @DarthFeros, @Darth Xxys, @Volacius, @Metus

----

There's something about the smell of blood, no matter how many times it crossed Skyllan's nose, it never failed to make their eyes sharpen. For a moment, Xarxes had their undivided attention, the Ashen sorcerer's mouth feeling a tad dry as they watched the man pour from his wineskin. There was a hunger in Skyllan's eyes, a glimpse as to why they had been shunned by their clan, why they found their home in the Dark… they had some really deadly hobbies.

"My ever continuing dive into force sects and darkside cults persists nicely." Skyllan found themself saying in response to the Nightfather, "But if you speak of my other task, then rest assured I have been keeping up with it. The project has become a point of personal pride. It progresses smoothly. Sister Zara has been helping it come along, she is a credit to your clan Nightfather. Though I suspect you knew that when you willed her to me." Skyllan told the man with a smile, the words taking a softer, more dangerous tone as they spoke of that particular duty.

They took a sip from their wine glass, Lord Xarxes' choice of carrying a wineskin subtly agreeing with the s'kytri's choice not to consume anything on offer. Besides, the Kaminoan's really did know how to duplicate a good thing. Their wine had been perfectly the same for years… made it very easy to tell if it had been spiked too.

Skyllan found themself tracing a finger down their Sceptre as they spoke to the Lord. It was oddly disappointing to hear no curses or screams upon contact with the crystalline tool. The Winged Sith was so used to feeding on their hate, the lack of it prompted a hunger that all of the fine dishes in the galaxy could not satisfy. They wanted something, someone, to be suffering, they wanted it to be their fault, and they wanted to laugh as they drank in the despair. Skyllan had always found despair paired well with wine and steak - not steak such as was being served here, but bloody meat that you could still taste the vestiges of life in.

Then Skyllan removed their hand from their Sceptre, and simply smiled, their perfectly cleaned teeth looking like they had had a very specific reason for cleaning them so thoroughly. Good things come to those who wait, and watching what was bound to happen at this feast would certainly help scratch their itch. Even if it wouldn't completely satisfy it.

A delicious thought crossed the Ashen Monster's mind. In a gathering of so many who had visited death on others, was it not wise to provide some death to settle those dangerous appetites? Skyllan supposed Apollyon may hope to do that with the deaths of the federation's men. But killing prisoners was just like slaying livestock. Clinical and dull.

Now, there was no doubt in Skyllan's mind that the Emperor's Hand had slaughtered enough cattle to understand that. So the question was, if the prisoners weren't there to settle bloodlust, but merely the war, then is there another offering present? Perhaps one of the more foolish souls attempting to lay claim to the throne? Perhaps the fool from Thule would meet their demise. Or perhaps they would all grab a limb of Inexor and pull until there was little left. VaGhul was hardly a favourite to rule. Of course, there was the crowd favourite, Krayt had many enemies here.

The possibility that one of the wolves coveting the throne was a delightful one after all. Skyllan couldn't really think of a different reason to put some of them on the same level as others after all. But then there was a chance someone other than Apollyon was playing that game. It would explain the Imperial Knights after all, perhaps they were there only to be killed in a display to show that, despite adopting the strange little grey order, Darth Viscretus was still deserving of the title Darth? After all, even if they assumed that those small things were in fact the NGE Empress' young, between her and Darth Nihl there should be no real need for additional guards. The implication that they did need them could be taken as weakness after all, so maybe they poor bisexual little force users were simply chum to appease the sharks.

Only time would tell, and although patience was not one of Skyllan's greatest virtues, a good hunter always knows when to wait, and when to pounce.

----

Tags: @Darth Dreadwar, @Admiral Volshe, @Darth Kain, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Darth Nathemus, @Darth Xirr, @Darth Solus, @DarthNoxia, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Jihadi Quartz, @Voidwalker, @Ānhrā Māhnîu, @Helkosh, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Reatith Blodraald, @Darth Thana, @Sith_Imperios, @Darth Sedicious, @DarthFeros, @Darth Xxys, @Volacius, @Metus

Last edited:
Darth Cruor
Aboard the Wrath of Vader

Since the disappearance of Emperor Dreadwar, and the subsequent disappearance of his successor Night Herald Insipid, Lord Cruor had intentionally avoided becoming engaged in the year long civil war that ravaged the once mighty empire. Choosing to remain unaligned with all factions as they sought to unify and control the Sith, instead he focused his attention on their collective enemy and continued to press the advantage gained against the remaining Federation and Jedi remnant. His efforts had unfortunately been stifled by the chaos and disorder caused by the warring Sith factions, the Jedi and Federation wisely took advantage of these setbacks and remained a presence to be reckoned with on Coruscant.

As the Sith approached a slow coming but inevitable victory Lord Cruor left the capital in order to gather his forces in preparation for the final hammer strike to fall. Upon the mighty flagship of the former Emperor, the Wrath of Vader, they had collected and now were traveling through hyperspace to descend upon the enemy and they intended to leave none alive.

The Taral stood in a hanger of the Wrath of Vader now, flanked by a kneeling attendant. Cruor looked down upon the being, “Rise.” Guttural and haunting his voice filled the hanger. “Adorn me in my regalia so I may bring death upon those who oppose me.” He commanded as the red skinned attendant rose and summoned others, each bringing in a piece of his armor. The Armor of King Adas, a legendary set of ebon armor older than even it’s wearer.

“My Lord.” The attendant bowed and extended his hands, palms up, resting upon them was the single most powerful lightsaber in existence. The Soulsaber. Darth Cruor called it to him, as it reached his hand he gripped it tightly and looked upon it momentarily before addressing the attendant again. “Lead me to the bestiary, Draa'zekyl awaits.” The Force moved about the Sith Lord darkly, angrily, knowing that violence was imminent.

Tag: @Darth Dreadwar

(LORD XXYS IC)

HYPERSPACE

Xxys sat in focused meditation, his eyes were open but showed no sign of a pupil or iris. Instead they were as mirrors that reflected the blue swirl of hyperspace that shone through the nearly all crystalline observation/meditation sphere he had built into the forward bulkhead of his ship. He alone knew the route to this point in the hulking vessle. It did not appear on any of the blueprints or schematic. Here he could look into hyperspace without the filters...here he could seek truth as he gazed into the horror of the space between space...some of those horrors gazed back.
He blinked and his eyes shifted from the reflecting mirrors to a low crimson and yellow. A small light had begun to blink indicating that they were nearing their destination.

He looked again at the swirling lights.

"Keep your secrets then." His voice was barely above a whisper...one did not shout into the void, lest you gain its attention.

He exited the crystal cocoon and enterd a small lift that led directly to his quarters, there he changed from his much repaired flight suit into a crisp, clean, marshal uniform set in black. The cloak attached at the shoulder and each clasp bore the insignia of his personal fleet: A Ravens Skull set in a crimson circle. His head was freshly shaved and his twin beards smoothed into points.

Xxys exited the main turbolift just as the ship dropped out of lightspeed. The familiar hollow boom heralded the arrival of one of the most feared ships in the fleet.

BLOODREIGN

The ship was in its night cycle. The control panels at the stations were dimmed, and the main lightning was reduced giving the bridge a eerie quite atmosphere. The crimson glow from the instruments illuminated those at the consoles with a seemingly demonic wash of light. A fitting match to the planet below.

"Standard orbit helm, and be sure to send my regards to the Fleet Admiral as we assume our place in the armada."

"Yes my Lord." the helmsman's voice was steady and crisp.

Xxys looked around the bridge of his personal flagship. The crew had been hand picked and over the course of the two years he had been in command they had become one of the most elite ships compliments in the Empire...an Empire in flux.

"I will take my personal shuttle to the surface. Keep the ship ready to warp out apon my return."

Again the crisp affirmative was responded and as Xxys rose from his seat the entire bridge crew rose to their feet and turned to face the hooded Lord. His second officer snapped to attention and turned from her postion just to the left of the command seat.

"My Lord..." her hesitation was proof that the usually unflappable officer was shaken to her core.
"...there have been...rumors...rumors my Lord, that the Emperor has been lost and that soon there will be a war within the Empire...my Lord...where do we stand?" Her voice was taxed, and this was the first time he could recall ever seeing true fear in her eyes, she was looking for order in the mounting chaos.

Xxys' voice was resonate and calm,
"Indeed. Emperor Dreadwar has gone...missing" (he would never concede that the Dread Lord was dead. How did one kill death?) Xxys slowly began to walk around the bridge, taking each being into his stalwart gaze in turn. All were loyal beyond reproach, and most had served with the Dark Lord long enough to know he would never lie to them to save their feeling or "sugar coat" their odds in a bad situation, but this time was different. This time the loyalty they had to the Dark Lord, and indeed their loyal to the Empire was about to be sorely tested.

"Today I have been summoned to a meeting about this very thing. Below are the dignitaries and leaders of all the great Houses of the Empire. The Emperors own former apprentice Apollyon has called this gathering to quell any misgivings about the state of the Empire and establish the proper succession of the Throne."
Xxys' slow walk had carried him around the entire bridge and he halted just in front of the turbolift doors, he stepped into the now open portal then turned to faced the waiting crew members. With eyes that burned as if the lamps of hell had been lit within, and with a voice that seemed to emanate from their very own souls
"We serve the Throne!"
As the doors slowly closed the bridge crew intoned in one strong voice,

"THE THRONE!"

Xxys stalked out of the lift and onto the hanger deck, his stride was brisk, his agitated state was being barely contained. As he crossed the flight deck the hanger was mostly silent and he used the quite to calm his mind and focus. He looked around the hanger. The ship was a marvel of the most modern technology the Empire had to offer...a world killer. Batteries of the most modern TIE Interceptor fighters hung in their cradles. Armored AT-AT Units and their accompanying AT-ST escorts stood in perfect rows and over 50,000 troopers stood ready to enforce his will. At his command an entire star system could be wiped from the galaxy, millions sent to their deaths with just a word...his word...such was his power...but below, below were beings of such immense power they could obliterate galaxies...perhaps even the universe. Such were the circles he traded among, and indeed shared in, as a member of the Council of the Empire...for all the good it would do in these proceedings. His voice would be the voice of the Throne...and of the one that sat apon it. Their word would be law, and his hand the harbinger of doom to any that opposed that voice.

But who would that be?

KORRIBAN

The name invoked so many images in Xxys' mind.

Desert and sand.

Spiraling temples, and decrepit tombs.

Stark beauty amid blood soaked obelisk stones that seemed as claws ripping at the sky until it bled.

Death.

Life.

Power.

Xxys' personal shuttle settled on the platform adjacent to the grounds of the temple. The ramp crunched to rest in the ever present grit of the desert world. He disembarked and lifted his hood against the setting sun.

Hourset. An unblinking eye of fire.
Even as it sunk to the horizon its heat could still be felt.

He proceeded down the valley and stopped to make his obedience at Lord Bane's Tomb.

"Your strength is needed my Lord." He whispered.

He rose and continued up the stone way, sand and dust blowing across his path. Sand and dust soaked with the blood of eons. He looked to the sky but could see only five of the seven moons that adorned the orbit of Korriban. He climbed the worn stairs of the final temple at the end of the valley until he had reached the main doors. Those had been left open and a series of droids offers to take cloaks or park personal conveyances.
As he passed through the portal Xxys faltered for just a step as he felt his connection to the Force dampened then...severed. In any other situation this would have been a cause for panic, but he had correctly guessed there would be some measure in place to dampen the Force and cut off those that might decide to make mischief when he had failed to sense the dark energies normally associated with this place. Still, the sensation was...unnerving. He recovered nearly instantly, and now his centuries as an assassin came into sharp focus. He saw the area with an entirely different set of eyes. These were his true eyes, deep brown for the left, and green for the right. He scanned the room, not as a temple where the revered and feared rested, but instead as a possible battlefield, marking exits, and anywhere that might become a dead-end. Satified he had the lay of the land he squared his shoulders and entered the fray.

THE FEAST

The hall was massive. The stained glass windows casting multitudes of colors around the room. Huge tables had been placed in long rows with a main table set at the front. Every manner of libation was to hand, and the smell of food was nearly overwhelming. Functionaries harried around their charges, and a dozen pairs of glistening service droids glided about the room refilling glasses, clearing platters, and delivering the mountains of food.

As Xxys looked around the room he spotted the root of the Force dampening.

Ysalamiri!

He had only ever heard of the creatures having never encountered the beasts. Such simple things wielding a power to render the most powerful...impotent.

Xxys made his way to the throne and again made his obedience.

The seat was occupied.

Not by a person, but instead a large black marble holocron occupied the most coveted seat in the Galaxy. He noted the named inscribed on the artifact then rose and turned to take his place at the main table. He did not take the drink offered to him by the service droid but instead retrieved small flask from his pocket and took a sip of the fluid contained within.
He had not become an old assassin by being imprudent.

The hall was suddenly filled with the sounds of the trumpets he had seen as he entered the hall echoing down the stone entrance. The room fell silent, and all eyes turned to the doorway as Darth Apollyon entered the room.

She walked with a confidence Xxys was sure she did not feel.

Her steel heels clicked on the stone floor with a firm cadance.
The Lady Apollyon was accompanied by a single, massive YVH-1 battle droid, it's job obvious, and her employ of the Ysalamiri was a stopgap to those that would have simply destroyed her where she stood by use of the Force.
Cleaver girl. But then again her Master was one that played "One level Higher" so for her to employ a little known, and nearly impossible to find, Force repellent lizard seemed particularly...Dreadwardian.

Few at this feast would lament Apollyon's demise, and some would have been willing to do the deed right here and now. Even the table he now sat at there were several that would be sizing up her slender back for a dagger, though any that sought to harm her would now have to do so by mainforce, and that would be met with swift, and calamitous rebuttal. The YVH droid not withstanding the Lady was no dunce with a blade and he had observed her skills firsthand.

Xxys was glad he had remained armed.

A century of hunting sentient beings across the galaxy had honed Xxys' skills of observation, and he noted several others around the room unconsciously revealing that they too were armed. He likewise noted that as she passed Apollyon's hand erred to the shoulder of Lord Catalyst, just a light brush of the fingertips, and though Xxys' sense in the Force had been cut off by the Ysalamiri, his abilities to read people had not, the gesture spoke volumes. The slightest smirk crossed the Dark Lord Catalyst's visage confirming Xxys' suspicions. At least he knew one person was not intent on her death, and while he had little care for the frothy carryings on of others, this could factor in on the specter of unrest growing in the Empire.

She called for wine and a long silence followed as she drummed her fingers in a cadence that Xxys couldn't quite place. She finally rose and addressed the hall. She spoke of unification and the call for peace so the Empire might turn one face to our enemies. When she finished she sat in the chair that was just below the throne.

Xxys sat back in his seat and noted that Lord Catalyst and Lord Kain had begun to engage in their favorite pastime of goading one another in a linguistic tête à tête. He likewise noted the presence of those other with whom he served on the Council broken into their little cliques and groups but more importantly were those he noted not in attendance. He would wait to see how the events unfolded when those personages arrived.

Xxys did not have to wait long. Another hush fell across the room, and all eyes again turned to the doorway.

A vision.

The sound of her measured stride echoed like a phantom heartbeat.

Beautiful and Sublime.

Her gown a radiance of gold and jewels.

Deadly.

The Empress.

She was the consort of the Emperor. A marriage of political power. Truly Beauty and the Beast, it seemed impossible that offspring could arise from such, but life finds a way, and indeed the union had born fruit by way of a consort...and a possession. The two children were only a few steps behind the tall figure that kept a single pace behind the Empress. Healthy and bright, a boy and a girl, and both with eyes that so resembled their mother's, especially the girl...she had that same cold glare as she regarded those she saw as, beneath her.

Kàra Volshe

She had wed death...and lived.
Now she would claim the right to the throne that so many in this room would gladly slay her to gain. Let them try. This was no fainting maiden. The Lady Volshe was a formidable duelist, and an extremely powerful Force wielder. (Xxys had seen, with his own eyes, her rip out a mans throat with her bare hands, the look in her eyes as she watched the life fade from her victim could only be described as...orgasmic.)

Now she spoke of her friend Apollyon, and smiled as she gestured with a slim hand adorned with a kings ransom of jewelry, but it rang hollow to Xxys' ear.

'Just because my teeth are showing, doesn't mean I'm smiling' the words of his long dead captain echoed down the halls of time.

And Xxys certainly could see (no need for the Force when the emotions are played on the surface) that Darth Krayt was the focus of her immediate ire. Her eyes left no doubt that only the Ysalamiri held her hand in check. Xxys didn't know the fine details of the story, he tried to stay away from the intrigue of the Empire preferring to deal with his enemies face to face (though more times than not...he was the dagger in the night) but now those intrigues had come to the front.
Suffice to say, there was no love lost between the The Empress Kára Volshe, and Darth Krayt.

Xxys took it all in.

The apprentice.
The Empress.
The long dead Sith lord reborn in Darth Krayt.
An entire room full of would be Emperors and Empresses.
And one as yet to arrive....

The rest in the room were but players in a much larger game...himself included. A game that had the deadliest consequences, but for the victor...unlimited power.

Xxys retrieved a small silver case from a pocket and took from within a small cigar. This was not the usual spice cigarette he favored, no indeed this was a rare item.

A real tobacco cigar.
The leaf had been grown on an island on Scariff that had the perfect soil and tropical climate to grow the rare plant, however before he could light the end of the smoke he was distracted by sudden and rapid movement from his fellow Councilor Lord Kain.

A glimpse...that was all...the barest glance between the Beloved Prince' fingers...Xxys nearly dropped the precious cigar as he had to turn his head and stifle the want to scream.

Lord Kian's eyes...pools of death and despair...the Void...and his mind unprotected by the Force...

The sensation lasted only a fraction of a second, and Xxys' grim visage never changed though he closed his eyes for a heartbeat to clear them of the terror.
Kain made his exit, and Xxys took a cleansing breath before turned back to the conversation at hand and lit the end of the slim stogie with a small flint and oil flame unit.

One by one they arrived. The Dark Lord of the Empire.

...Xxys made sure his back was to the wall.

TAG: @Darth Sedicious @Darth Dreadwar @Volacius @Darth Nathemus @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Reatith Blodraald @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Darth Thana @Hadzuska_The Jester @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Admiral Volshe @Darth Untitled_Artwork.jpg

IC: The Sedriss

~Days Before the Feast~
It had been far too long since since the Emperor disappeared over Empress Teta. The Sedriss' claim to the title of Shadow Hand was becoming weaker each day in the wake of Dreadwar's absence. Today was a typical non-field day for him, though he much preferred being out hunting Sith pretenders who dared claim Dreadwar's mantle as their own. But on these days, he spent his time in reflection and contemplation.

//Many Sith have cast their name in the mix to be called the next Emperor or Empress. What they either fail to realize or choose not to believe is that Darth Dreadwar would not perish so easily. As clever a being as He is, I remain confident that His contingencies abound. I, His Shadow Hand, will uphold His rule and defend the Sith against any would be faux rulers. Long live the Emperor.//

And he was interrupted. Annoying.

The datapad across the room of his meditation chamber began beeping and blinking. It was an invitation from the other Hand of Dreadwar, the fair Darth Apollyon who had fashioned herself Empress of the Sith after Dreadwar's disappearance. The Sedriss did not take offense to her claim, though perhaps Regent or Steward would have been a better title, but He would have chosen her as a successor anyway. Her invitation was to a Feast of all the Sith of the fractured New Sith Order.

//What could possibly go wrong?//

Darth Nathemus was never big on social gatherings. He wasn't a very social person at all, preferring a good fight or a good tome to speaking. But if everybody who's anybody was going, he had to be there. Arising from his contemplations, he made his way to the hangar where the Harbinger was kept. "Admiral Trench," he spoke to the blue-skinned woman. "I trust my ship is ready to go home. You know the promptness of these Sith."

"Yes, Lord Sedriss. The Harbinger is always prepared and we can begin our journey to Korriban."

~The Feast~
The Harbinger remained in Korriban airspace, but the Sedriss took a personal shuttle down to the Temple before he arrived at the Feast.

Today was the day! The Shadow Hand dressed in his typical full body armor, but left the Helm in his personal quarters on the Harbinger. Though he abhorred social gatherings, he figured it best to show his scarred face rather than hide it. Upon entering the hall, he immediately felt the power drain of the Ysalamiri sparsed throughout the hall. That was smart. No one here could be trusted not to start a brawl.

Thankfully he had been seated at the head table around many who were not entirely revolting, though he saw many pretenders who were. It was always amusing to see Parkanas and Darth Nix without their ally Darth Brattus, who was one of many of the casualties at the blade of the Sedriss during the Sith Civil War. Then there was his ever absent mother next to her man of the month, one who looked eerily like Maul. He must have had compensation for his lack of vision of Sith ideology.

It seemed clear now the reason they'd been gathered here. It was to be a civil discussion on who would take the throne next. Nothing would stay civil among this lot, though it was odd Apollyon would choose to give up her mantle in this regard. Pretenders aside, the only ones with claims to the throne were Darth Apollyon, the former Emperor Darth Krayt, and Galactic Empress Volshe.

Apollyon had perhaps the strongest claim of the three. She would have been Dreadwar's handpicked successor as the Sedriss did not desire to rule the Sith. Though he believed she was not as powerful as the other two in the way of the Force. If the Ysalamiri had not been present, she'd have been the first of the true claimants to perish in a contest of combat.

Darth Viscretus, the former wife of Emperor Dreadwar and New Galactic Empress, also held a strong claim. She brought with her the children of the Emperor; a definite move to get the backing of the populace. Her power was great and her influence even greater. Her presence was far more commanding than Apollyon's, and that was evident by her entrance. Nathemus did still hold a grudge for what happened so many years ago in the Tomb, but he overcame the hatred he held for Volshe. He'd been in contact with his father, the Nagai warlord Darth Nihl, a few days beforehand. If he was happy and content with Volshe, the Sedriss vowed to be happy for them.

Darth Krayt was an interesting case. His very intentions created Nathemus, but Nathemus harbored a deep hatred for the situation his parents were put in. Nihl, forced to lay with a woman he didn't love. And Talon, forced to be raped and bear a child at only fifteen years. After numerous reflections of the situation through the years, the Dread Lord came to the conclusion that that is why Talon shows deep resentment for him. While Krayt may have been Emperor in the past, because of heinous decisions like this, he surely did not deserve it now. And was this even Krayt? Or simply Lord Feros posturing himself the Dragon Lord to gain a following?

Dar
th Kain and Darth Catalyst did not stick around the Feast very long, though perhaps that was a blessing as the silver tongue of the long-haired linguist was always frustrating to the ears of the Sedriss. He did cast back a smile to the mysterious brunette woman before she was lost in the crowd, though. To the rest of the table, while pleasant, Nathemus preferred only speak with those he considered his closest friends. Lord Xarxes was already in deep conversation with the winged Darth Skyllan, and he chose not to encroach on their discussion. Lord Anhra clearly did not want to be there, so he didn't poke that bear. But it seemed there was an open space between two of his oldest friends: War Priest Voidwalker and Kursk Sedicious.

"Greetings, my friends!" The Sedriss was overjoyed to see these two. It had been some time since they'd been adventuring together, but he hoped they'd change that after the Feast. "I'm glad to see you both. What do you think of today's festivities?"

Though they were a few seats away, once Lady Volshe had finished her address, he also greeted his father and the Sith Lady. "Welcome, Lady Viscretus! Greetings father, it's good to see you well. It has been too long since we've been together. I trust the children are keeping you busy. Are they as wild as I was at their age?" Nathemus smiled. He was truly happy for the pair.

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

Last edited:
IC: Loharr Talem

~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

The rain poured down, creating a glorious cacophony of sounds as the raindrops impacted the leaves of the nearby Blba Tree; clattering against the roof of the makeshift hut not 10 meters away. The sounds of mud squishing and water splashing rang out, followed by an exclamation of the clashing of steel. There was shout, clearly that of an adolescent human, as two more clashes of steel rang out through the rain.

"Come, Little Loharr..." Dana purred, effortlessly moving her blade to block her assailants attack. "surely you can do better than that."

"I'm trying!" The adolescent exclaimed, "It's too heavy."

He attempted to swing the weapon, but his underdeveloped muscles could barely bring the weapon up past his waist.

He hated this... a lot, but he did appreciate the moderately steady supply of food. Not two weeks ago he was scrounging for paltry scraps in the alleys of Mosa Town: and then he met Dana. She convinced him to kill a Rodian in exchange for food. That encounter nearly ended in his own death. His side was still sore from being kicked. So now, this stranger (who was slowly becoming what could loosely be considered a friend), had taken him in, put a roof over his head, and was now teaching him to take care of himself.

The class of steel rang out again, as Dana taunted him once more.

"If I had known you were going to be this pitiful, I would have left you to rot in that alleyway..." She hissed, "attack me like you mean it, or you won't get to eat tonight."

That... the couldn't have that. He hated going without food. That empty feeling in his stomach, eventually building up until that emptiness was painful. Screaming in a mix of emotions, primarily fear and anger, he swung the hefty weapon, slashing upwards at his caretaker, squeezing his eyes shut.

There was silence for a few, golden moments... glorious silence. Then, there was a soft, emerald glow, breaching the space between his eyelids. The sound began to slowly register. There was still rain falling, but now the bustle of a crowd could be heard. Though, that wasn't the sound that stuck out the most. A gentle humming, paired together with a symphony of cracks and pops. No longer was he holding that cumbersome cutting implement, instead holding a weapon far more... civilized.

A lightsaber.

The crackling and popping sound? The sword that Dana was holding, clashing with the weapon. He looked down at the point of contact between the two tools. The metal of Dana's sword was quickly changing. Heating up. Taking a quick look around, Loharr saw that he was no longer at the small hut he once called home, but instead, he was in the streets of Mosa Town. In front of the cantina where he had spent years going in and out of, for business and sustenance.
He turned his attention back to Dana, he saw the sword she was holding was finally giving way.

He remembered this moment.

The day he killed the one who, for better or for worse, raised him. He remembered the bellicosity he felt in this moment. He remembered pushing against the blade, its remains falling to the mud. Hissing violently as the glowing alloy began to quench itself in the water-saturated ground. There was no scream of pain... of fear... of regret. Nothing. Just the cathartic wave crashing over his body as her face contorted to show the pain she was feeling.

He would forever remember that look. It wasn't strange for him to kill. By this point, he had been doing it for close to twelve years. Or was it longer? Honestly, he lost track some years ago. He deactivated his lightsaber, but something was wrong now. She fell that day, after the lightsaber deactivated, but today? She persisted. His eyes tracked up to her face, not only to relish in that pained look on her face, but to see if there was something else different.

There was.

Her lips, still contorted in pain, began to move. A sound eminated from them, but it was not Dana's voice. It was the sounds of sparring.

'Oh... right...' He thought to himself. 'I'm on Korriban...'

Then, he heard a voice break through the sounds of sparring.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't be afraid to lunge when Telcontare's guard drops, Talem." Overseer Marcus said, before he moved on to criticize and order the others around.

Loharr blinked and replacing the visage of Dana, was Nacros. He flared his nostrils as he exhaled. He much preferred seeing Dana's face, slowly realizing that she was dying. As much as he wanted to stay in his memories, he WAS currently sparring. He tightened his grip on the hilt of his lightsaber, the ball of his right foot pivoting as his lower leg rotated around that axis. Before he could actually follow through with what Overseer Marcus advised him to do, datapads around the room began to go off, including his own.

"
Halt, you dullards. Read the message, whatever it is. " Marcus barked, and Loharr immediately pulled back his attack, deactivating his lightsaber.

He returned it to his belt, across from its matching twin. He pulled his datapad off his belt, reading the message to himself, as did the other Apprentices in the room. What followed was a short period of silence, which was soon broken by the voice of Darth Xiannarr.

"
Well? One of you had better speak up! Now, what does it say?" Darth Xiannarr asked, perhaps just a little bit annoyed. It created a brief period of silence in the room once again, at least to Loharr, it seemed that way.

Before too long, one of the Apprentices in the room spoke up.

Lady Apollyon has requested that we go to the dungeons and don the Sith torture masks there in order to spar hand-to-hand while our Force connection is suppressed,” Keres spoke up, “then to move to the unfinished tunnels beneath the dungeons to meet her for training, without our lightsabers.”

Loharr looked up, examining the reactions of his fellow Apprentices. What an interesting training proposal...

Perhaps it would be best to not leave Darth Apollyon waiting? Maybe you’ll get the chance to see us all sweat,” Sol said, glancing over at Keres.

Apprentice Kielor seemed to be deep in thought, given recent events, Loharr had a fair idea of what was going through his mind.

"
The longer we stand around and discuss this, the more we force Lady Apollyon to wait." Loharr added, affirming the first half of what Sol said.

Making a Sith Lady wait was not on his 'to-do' list for today, so getting to dungeons and getting those masks was now a top priority for him. But what was this about unfinished tunnels? That... that was intriguing.

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~

TAGS: @skira , @Kielor , @Zareel Jhenan´doka , @Undying Master Xiannarr , @Keres Dymos , @Nacros_Telcontare

IC: Drakul Xarxes

The lifeblood trickling down Xarxes’s throat was one of the few things keeping him composed presently. The combination of so many detestable factors, from Viscretus’s Imperial Knights to Krayt’s mere presence, hardly allowed him to focus on the conversation he presently held with the Winged One. At the mention of his Clan, however, his eyes returned to the sky’tri.

“Zara was a gift given out of faith, one who has served you far better than I had initially hoped. One of the few, in fact, whom I did not have to whip into shape quite so hard when I first took over the Clan from its former leader. The Nightsisters of Clan Amit, however, have since become dedicated workers and scholars for greater purposes. Veeshas Tuwan accumulates more knowledge, gathered from the corners of the galaxy, with each passing day. In time, I hope to restore it to its former glory, aided by my Nightsisters.”

Just then the Nightfather noticed the relatively short figure standing beside them. Zyldek had approached, copying down his masters words on a datapad. At the sight of Darth Skyllan, the Chagrian bowed low, though said nothing. Xarxes nodded in approval of the Sith’s obedience.

“Darth Skyllan, this is my scribe, Zyldek of Champala. He accompanies me to most places to keep log of my various statements, largely for personal reflection and recollection.”

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

----

The Winged Sith knew well about Veeshas Tuwan. It was one of the places that had made their initial listing of places to explore. It had initially been one of the more promising sites, but learning that it was active again… they didn't begrudge the sith lord for their efforts to restore a traditional sith library. They couldn't without being branded a hypocrite for their own efforts to collect and preserve such knowledge. That being said, if it was an active library that meant systems, rules, and other people. It just wasn't as much fun as a ruin, too restrictive. Especially given the Nightfather's perfectionist attitudes.

Plus, even if they were allies, it would be an insult to walk into Lord Xarxes' domain carelessly.

"I will pray for your success in the restoration. No doubt with you at its helm, the Library of Veeshas Tuwan's glory days lie ahead of it." Skyllan stated easily, genuinely believing the words they spoke. For the same qualities that reduced the Winged Sith's enthusiasm to visit, would make it an excellent library. Perhaps if they went all the way with modernising the library, Skyllan could browse its contents from afar, and then if there was actually something relevant to their research, they could go and get it in person.

Skyllan had noticed the chagrian's presence. What with him stood next to his master recording things. Considering that no one got close to a sith lord without their approval, they had considered the man as a servant or butler, something along those lines. As per usual, they were gratified to have been proven right. Now personally, Skyllan preferred to not to keep a firm record of what they'd said. Especially given that the truly fun things should only ever be whispered in the night, with no record that they had happened left for the light of day. But each to their own, the Winged Sith supposed.

"Zyldek of Champala…" Skyllan said slowly, as if tasting the name and title as they looked down at the man. "You have an interesting task, Scribe. I know many people that would give a limb to spend all day listening to Lord Xarxes, though of course having residence on Arkania, you probably know more." The Winged Predator murmured, eyeing Zyldek like one might an interesting looking book.

"Well then Zyldek, if you have not been doing so already, you may include my half of the conversation with your Lord, and if you have then you can rest assured that I won't kill you for it. But do add this to your repositories of knowledge." Skyllan told the man with a chuckle. The wing closest to the chagrian extended partially and pushed him closer to Skyllan as they leant in. "When the monsters come together, it is not the biggest monster they look to, nor the least. Not the most experienced or the youngest either. When the monsters come together, we look to the loudest. The one who's presence cuts through the schemes and the screams. The one who speaks, and is heard by all of us in our own little worlds."

Skyllan retracted their wing and leant back on their stool with a smile. That was the issue with Xarxes' desire for an ideal ruler. The sort of things that caught the attention of the sith weren't things like how much management training they'd had, or their ability to balance financial records, not their organisational skills or any of the things that would make people well purposed to be a custodian for a massive intergalactic group of people. It was power, it was flash, it was how many people went quiet to hear you speak. Maybe a triad of a military strategist, an accountant, and a journalist would serve the Sith better than one of their own, but that didn't mean they'd listen. This order was more like a collection of wild ravenous beasts then a business or religious order. You need a battle hardened shepard with a durasteel crook to coral us. You won't get that if you filter candidates by their ability to complete the massive amount of paperwork that comes with an organisation like this.

Of course, Skyllan didn't think Xarxes wanted just a pencil pusher. He wanted a perfect leader, not just an effective one. But a truly ideal person doesn't exist, at least not amongst the sith. We're based around the side of the Force that is empowered by high emotions after all. No matter how calculating or cold a sith is, that truth still lies at their core, whether we notice it or not, our emotions still guide our decision making process intrinsically. As a result, a perfect leader cannot in truth be a Sith. Skyllan wondered internally, how many of the so called candidates for the throne had had a similar realisation. Or if they were under the delusion that they - for some chaos damned reason - were the ideal sith ruler.

That being said... if that sith is merely a mouthpiece for something greater, if in governance they listened for the Will of something greater than their individual self. That could work. Which Skyllan was sure was why the Priestess was so high in Xarxes' esteem. If people were intrinsically imperfect, then don't look to a person, but something bigger, something like the Will of the Force. It was a fair thought process, and likely one of the reasons people were so taken by Darth Dreadwar, he felt bigger than them. But the Force was bigger still, and if it had chosen a Prophet, a Priestess, then they would certainly listen.

If certain fools remained obstinate, well. Skyllan had long outgrown any childish reluctance when it came to killing their fellow Sith.

The s'kytri looked down at their dress, "I think, if Lady Apollyon's wishes are fulfilled, I'll dispose of this after tonight. It worked well enough, but an outfit I don't kill someone in the first time I wear it feels out of place for my wardrobe. I could go and gut someone after the feast if this stays peaceable, but that feels like I'd be forcing it." Skyllan murmured, as much to Zyldek and themself as Lord Xarxes. "I think I'll keep the necklace though. It's definitely some of my more aesthetic work, wouldn't you agree my lord?"

There were few that the s'kytri would ask to judge their work, but Lord Xarxes had fought alongside them against hoardes of fools in the past. Seen them slick with blood, laughing as they ended life after life. The Zabrak had a unique perspective on Skyllan's 'work' after that.

----

TAG: @Darth Dreadwar @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

Last edited:
IC: Darth Pravum

"Though the study of life has many facets, one clear truth continues to shine through them all. Strength of will is the single most important determining factor in the survival or lack thereof for any given subject. Physical strength, intelligence, and other such measurable qualities show a minor correlation with the ability to withstand, but, frustrating as it is, all pale in statistical comparison to that immeasurably complex quality of sentients to fight their own biological impulse to avoid pain in the interest of survival at any cost. Further neurological examination is required to deduce what, if anything, is the biologically determinant factor in will." - An abandoned datapad, scribbled in Futhork deep within the bowels of Castle Calpisa, 157 ABY

Pravum sneered as he watched the others glance at him and then quickly glance away. All had heard tales of the free-wheeling, loud-mouthed brat from Naboo whose rise had been as meteoric as it had been unexpected. None knew the truth.

Were he capable of such self-reflection, Pravum would know that his appearance was less than regal nowadays. Months of research and experimentation with the Force with little time for food or sun left him a walking skeleton, having gone from thin to gaunt and from pale to sallow. Neverless, the young Marquess of Kaadara had ceased his studies and abided the call to sit with the most important Sith in the galaxy at the Order's home. After all, he was one.

More or less, that was. Pravum, less interested in the typical conversation of Sith Lords, boasting about this beast conquered or that Jedi slain, instead began talking to himself.

"The Sith, while certainly more evolved in their views and aligned with my purposes than, say, the Jedi, have a limited understanding of the nature of reality. Their doctrine is entirely servile in nature. All this talk of chain-breaking and yet here we sit, the chain-masters and chain-bearers side-by-side, each knowing their role."

"True.", he replied to himself, "But, is it not also true that those who occupy the role of chain-bearer embody my values? They lie and trick and manipulate their lessers to serve, die, all for them, and yet they themselves need not claim service to any higher moral imperative or being than themselves. Perhaps the true beauty of the Sith Code is in that it is an obvious lie, this idea of servitude begetting advancement, but only those few, myself included, are powerful enough to ignore the lie and seize control for themselves?"

"Perhaps, yes. Or perhaps the chain-bearers truly do believe in a higher path. The Dark Side of the Force is, in my interpretation, merely an unrestrained expression of it. The Jedi, for example, hold themselves back in the interest of some nonsense moral imperative they swear by, and seem to believe in. Many of the Sith, even those who are powerful, genuinely believe in the dichotomy, in this idea of the Light and Dark being distinct entities rather than a simple progression. They swear off the Light as vehemently and zealously as the Jedi do the Dark."

"If that is the case, then I may only know one thing."

"What?", he asked himself facetiously, as he already knew the response.

"Everyone else, and pardon my language, is a kriffing idiot."

Pravum snorted aloud, no doubt drawing strange looks from the other attendees, whom only now would he take the time to examine.

Darth Krayt, the tyrannical overlord whose rule had suffocated the galaxy only a couple of decades ago. Pravum saw no threat in the Dragon Lord, but the room with abuzz with awkward glances and hushed gossip at his presence. No doubt that if a fight did break out, as these things were common among Sith Lords, that he'd be the lynchpin. Nevertheless, Pravum held a slight amount of respect for the man, as cheating death had been his own subject of study for the past few months. Perhaps poring over the Science of Life was not the only path to immortality.

Darth Viscretus, better known to him as Empress Volshe, a woman he'd known most of his life, the very one who'd bestowed upon him the title of Marquessate by which most knew him. If there were a test of loyalty coming, she'd be the most obvious candidate, not only because of her connection to him, but of her marriage to the fallen Emperor Dreadwar.

Darth Apollyon, the dead Emperor Dreadwar's former Apprentice, vying to take her Master's place. Her claim was less technically viable than Volshe's, but Sith tended not to deal in technicality. More often, the one with the bigger ship and the quicker lightsaber took power. An interesting candidate, to say the least, and she was flanked by the Shard Sith I-Ron Butterfly, whom Pravum considered an eccentric old friend and a not-so-trusted ally.

A few other nobodies sought to control the Sith as well, though no one would take their claims seriously. More likely, they sought to leverage their support to one of the more important contenders in exchange for greater power. Tark, Nix, VaGhal, even the Darth Maul copycat who'd at least bothered to bring a Sith of some renown, Darth Talon, to bolster his claim, none of them were serious candidates.

Beyond that cabal, there was the rank-and-file. Chain-bearers, he'd called them earlier. Slaves, another applicable term.

Darth Kain, the oh-so Beloved Prince of the Stars and son of the galactic terror known as Abeloth. Best not to get on his bad side, as his aspiration for power was apparently dulled by his overwhelming natural reservoir of it.

Darth Nathemus, whom Pravum knew little about other than that he was called Sedriss, likely in reference to the Old Galactic Empire official of the same title whom Pravum had learned about in history classes at Theed University.

Darth Catalyst, a Sith whose main source of power was his silver tongue, a power Pravum respected.

Darth Xirr, of whom Pravum knew nothing.

Darth Wyrrlok IV, an alien whom Pravum respected about as much as Wyyrlok IV seemed to respect originality.

Darth Drakul Xarxes, a philosopher at heart whom Pravum knew to be a bore.

Darth Solus and his Apprentice Reatith Blodraald, whose respect for order bordered Pravum's own respect for himself.

There was Darth Noxia, a rather argumentative Togruta, Darth Voidwalker, an equally argumentative Onderonian, Darth Ānhrā Māhnîu, who was best described as off-putting, and Darth Sedicious, the smell of whose breath was no doubt as harrowing as his mastery of Sith sorcery.

Closer to him, Darth Xxys, a mutual acquaintance through Pravum's Master, Darth Vassago, whose most and perhaps only interesting quality was his facial hair; Darth Skyllan, who had wings and not much else; Darth Maladi and Darth Thana, equal in Pravum's detestment of them; Darth Volacius and Darth Mavros, nobodies as far as Pravum was concerned; Hadzuzka, who rivaled Māhnîu in creepiness; an unfamiliar face that, upon listening to the conversation, was apparently attributed to the name Metus Aurelius; and finally, the Trandoshan to whom the expressions "hot-headed" and "air-headed" were equally applicable, Darth Mirtis.

Pravum procured a cigarra from his pocket, and lit it with a tiny spark of Force Lightning, secretly the best he could muster with whatever infernal magicks had been put in place to prevent the usage of the Force. He took a long drag, savoring the neurochemical rush and the taste of tabac, and made a point to blow the smoke onto the table. The message was simple.

All of this is beneath me.

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

(Combo with @DarthNoxia)
IC: Lady Noxia & Darth Voidwalker
The Banquet Hall, Sith Temple, Korriban

The feast. The event Noxia had heard many high-ranking Sith speak of. There had been feasts past but in wartime, a feast was a symbol of unity and cooperation. A chance to stop the fighting and come together for a common goal. But they were Sith. “Peace is a lie,” she thought to herself. She displayed all the elegance and sophistication that was expected of her, but truthfully, she was already bored. She hoped and in fact, had no doubt that the arguing would begin at some point. Maybe a challenge? With this many personalities in one space, it was sure to happen.

Noxia’s time in the Order was brief in the grand scheme of things, and she had come into it as the Civil War had begun, but she had made good use of such a short time. As confused as she had been, she had quickly made herself useful as a diplomat and scientist. She had shown skill and character and so had risen swiftly. She did not, however, possess the confidence of many of her superiors and even some of those that had joined later than herself. She knew that several of them thought she shouldn’t be here. They were the ones that always seemed to speak the loudest among the dizzying chatter of the room. Noxia, however, knew the advantages of waiting and listening, slowing your pace and learning. Now was that time. Noxia sat in her seat making herself as irrelevant as possible. Let the egos have the first words. Let them choke on them.

Voidwalker sat within the confines of the great hall that currently seated what seemed to be as many Sith as there were star systems in the galaxy. Sith from every sector of the far reaches of the cosmos gathered here on this day for one reason and one reason alone. To decide who would be the next unified leader of the Sith. There were sure to be plenty of "contenders'' and at least twice as many hopefuls. They were fools. Then there were those who were some of the greatest Sith of the current day. The ones that legends would speak of long after their time. Tales of legacies and an expanded universe.

Yet Voidwalker knew that for every famous Sith there was a Sith just as infamous. Such was the nature of balance in the universe. Taking a quick look around those that he'd been seated with at the table, it seemed the universe or some other intervening force had seen to the balance of famous to infamous. Why had he been placed here though? A question that he couldn't help but wonder.

Whatever the circumstances had been, whether intentional or coincidental, it wasn't the Force, that much Voidwalker was certain of. The small yellow lizards known as ysalamiri had seen to that. Voidwalker had never encountered the creature's before today, but he recognized them from research he had come across some time ago. The natural Force dampening ability of the tiny herbivores was almost maddening to Voidwalker. As far back as he could remember he had always been in tune with the Force, now for the first time without it, the feeling was sickening. He felt lost and nauseous, but not in the usual way one would feel sick in their stomach, it came from within his mind.

Noxia’s eyes scanned the room, one in a bright amber, echoing the hue of the Cassandran brandy she sipped from her goblet, and one an iridescent violet that glittered as it moved from Sith to Sith. One by one, she took in their movements, their conversations, their body language. Every so often a ysalamiri would come into view. She despised them. Her connection to the force was one of the very few things she took pride in. To be separated from that was almost painful. She shifted in her seat and emptied her goblet as a copper-clad droid dutifully replaced it. Sometimes she wish that the toxins in her brandy still affected her.

As the serving droids started passing out drinks and serving the most gourmet spread that Voidwalker had ever dared dreamed of, he couldn't bring himself to eat or drink. Everything smelled as delicious as it looked. Lady Apollyon had certainly spared no expenses when it came to the gathering. Voidwalker started to pick up a set of utensils with every intention of joining in with all the rest that drank and feasted together. The thought was an enjoyable one for Voidwalker, to partake in a gathering with a unified order would have been nice, foreign given his time away in his chosen solitude, but nice. Even if it happened to only be a temporary unification.

Unfortunately it seemed the effects of the ysalamiri were more bothersome than he had originally thought. Deciding that he was better off not forcing himself to eat, he simply let the utensils lay where they already were. Allowing his hands to rest on his knees, he came to a small yet partially reassuring realization. The ysalamiri and their unique ability was a double edged sword. While he didn't possess his connection to the Force, it also meant that no one could invade his mind and intrude on his thoughts.

Noxia noticed that many Sith did not choose to eat. She glanced over and watched Voidwalker pick up his utensils, only to set them down again. Perhaps the mood of the room and the uncertainty of the evening was wearing on everyone’s appetites. She glanced up again, noticing that Lords Kain and Catalyst had partaken in the food with no uncertainty. A porg leg sat on the Togruta’s plate and in curiosity, she pulled a piece of the dark meat from the bone with her fork and ate it, slowly chewing. It didn’t seem off….

Before she could take another bite, trumpets sounded and an imposing and elegant figure burst through the doors. A faint smirk made its way to the source of Voidwalker's face before the sound of boot heels clicking off of the stone floor echoed throughout the hall. Silence fell as quickly as the will of the Force fell in front of the ysalamiri. All eyes seemed to move towards her. Even without the aid of the force you could feel her power, her presence. The elegantly dressed Hand strode across the great hall to the head of the table, offering a nod to Noxia. Respectfully, she returned it, unsure as to whether Apollyon recognized her from somewhere or simply chose a face to acknowledge. With her six-inch montrals and the glittering stones that adorned them, she would certainly have stood out.

Unsure if the nod had been meant for Lady Noxia, who was seated next to him or for himself, but for the sake of not seeming rude towards the gracious hostess, Voidwalker returned the nod in respect. Watching Apollyon continue towards the end of the great hall, she grazed the shoulder of Lord Catalyst. Voidwalker and assumedly everyone else had heard rumors and stories about interactions between the two of them in the past, and catching a glimpse of the smirk on the Lord's face, it was safe to assume the tales were true.

After Apollyon made her way to the end of the great hall, she approached the throne where lay the dark Holocron that sat perched in the vacant throne. Noxia thought of the lost Emperor Dreadwar. A mythical figure she had only read about in the histories or heard of in whispers around the academy. She chose to believe that there was no way such a being could have completely perished. Sith Lords and great Emperors had a history of returning one way or another. Would the very act of another sitting upon that throne awaken him somewhere beyond the far reaches of the galaxy?

Where the clamor of voices and glasses had filled the hall, it had now ceased and all sat on edge waiting for Apollyon to speak. She peered out into the crowd of Sith, her fingers tapping on the table. The noise seemed to echo in the silence.

Noxia turned to look at Darth Mirtis and Knight Metus, who had both accompanied her. They were well-trained and talented Sith, bound to her by blood and magic. She had no doubt that each of them would continue to grow in their strength and power, maybe even sitting on the Council someday themselves.

After Lady Apollyon had been poured the wine she'd demanded of the droid behind her, it wasn't long before she arose. A voice broke through the silence and Noxia turned her attention back to the head of the table. Apollyon gave a baronial speech. She spoke of factions and conflict and of the need to unite. However, Noxia’s montrals twitched at the mention of prisoners and execution. Ah, so there would be blood and the feast would be entertaining at last. But it seems they would have to wait a bit longer to discover who would lead them at last, the reason so many had gathered, to decide who would sit upon the throne.

"Why am I even here?" Voidwalker silently asked himself. In truth Voidwalker had no desire to be present at this feast. Voidwalker wasn't interested in making any sort of attempted power grab for the throne. Though, perhaps some years ago he might have, but not now. He had his own motives, and his own desires nowadays. For the most part he didn't care who it was that would now sit upon the throne and herald the title. Still, he would have to admit that there were less than desirable candidates.

Noxia, however, was curious about who would sit on the throne. Many in attendance desired it, this she knew. She looked forward to seeing some of their faces when their names were not uttered. The disappointment, the anger, the weight of their self-importance crushing them. To think they had planned and schemed and served for so long and where would it get them? She chuckled to think. The greatest reward was often not to make it to the top but to see your adversaries fall from the higher ranks of the ladder, limbs cracking as they hit the rungs on their way down.

The only reason Voidwalker showed up to the feast was because Apollyon had summoned him to be present. There was just something about the Dark Lady that had served the former Emperor Dreadwar for so long and with her amount of dedication and loyalty, that you just simply did not refuse her when she requested your presence.

Had it not been for that sole, singular factor Voidwalker would have just stayed on Onderon. Continuing the seemingly never ending research he'd been doing for so long in pursuit of more knowledge, or at least some answers. That was not the case however, and he just figured it best to try and enjoy himself while he could. Or at the very least, see who he recognized.

The crimson eyes of Voidwalker danced around the room, his eyes moving to and fro as if they were performing a waltz of a more regal setting. There were far too many to know them each individually, yet it seemed the most notable of Sith were all gathered at the same table he found himself placed at.

Nearest to him was Darth Noxia. She had risen to her status and rank in power quickly through her involvement in the war. Her knowledge of dark arts and willingness to throw herself into the flames had certainly earned her a well received reputation. She was as lovely and beautiful as she was deadly. Voidwalker felt that she would make a strong leader one day, but perhaps not for this type of setting.

Of course besides Lady Apollyon, there was Darth Kain. He was perhaps the most notable of the Sith. The Beloved Prince of The Stars, as he'd come to be known as. He was known for being powerful, and mercilessly when needed, yet he was also reserved and a family man. He was a strong candidate for the throne, but there was something that just seemed deceiving about that starlight twinkle in his eyes.

Darth Catalyst was also present. Though Voidwalker had never had the opportunity to speak with him, he'd heard stories of his quick wit and way with words. There was a reason he'd been known as the Master of Cunning Linguistics. While politics was a game filled with those who lived to hear themselves speak, could they really compare to one whose tongue was fierce and words as smooth as Dantooine silk bed sheets that Lady Apollyon no doubtably found herself in?

Darth Nathemus, he was almost like a brother to Voidwalker and his closest friend. Nathemus surly wasn't one to look at, not with the pained cracks of flesh he wore upon his face. Still the pain cracks was a better look than the decrepit old man he appeared as when they had first met. Next to Kain, Nathemus would be the most noted candidate for the throne. After all, he had become the most like Dreadwar.

Voidwalker chuckled to himself at the irony. Nathemus was more like Dreadwar than he himself was. Voidwalker was comforted by the thought in a strange way. He didn't have to be a reflection of his ancestor, he was his own Sith. Voidwalker would of course acknowledge his lineage, but he didn't have to mirror it. He may have been known as the "Dread Heir" and while it was true he and the now former Emperor Dreadwar did share a lineage, Voidwalker was more than that. Much had changed since his first arrival on Korriban that now seemed like so long ago.

Passing from Sith to Sith, then his eyes landed on The One, The Dragon, Darth Krayt. The moment Voidwalker realized who he was he felt a burning rage erupt within himself. Krayt, or the spirit of at least. Voidwalker had heard the rumors of his return, but he hadn't expected this moment to occur. Krayt had occupied himself within the body of the formerly known Darth Feros. Hedeserved death. Voidwalker felt his left hand that had been resting on his knee start twitching almost uncontrollably in response to the hatred he felt for the living-dead Sith Lord. His right hand coming up to rest on the table, his hand clenching at a knife. Krayt was a rancid bastard as far as he was concerned. Krayt was rancid, but should the time come Voidwalker knew that he could be Rancyd to the core. Feeling the cold metal of the knife make contact with his skin, Voidwalker broke the gaze he had held for perhaps too long.

"Who else do we have here?" He mumbled to himself, as he retreated his hand back to it's original resting place on his leg. His internal rage slipping away, and his muscles relaxing. "Perhaps these tiny creatures are a good thing. Who else?"

He spotted a hulking man of a Sith clad in armor that he had not known personally but had heard some of his exploits. He was one of the two Lord's that had aided Lord Kain when his home had been attacked some time ago. Darth Drakul Xarxes. Tales and whispers of him stated that he was a fierce combatant. Both strategic and maniacal, yet an extreme religious fanatic. He wouldn't have been Voidwalker's first choice for the throne, but he was leagues above Krayt in that regard.

The second of the two Lord's that aided Kain was Darth Xxys. An excellent marksman and pilot. As well as one of the most famed assassin's of all the Sith. Not to mention the former apprentice of Darth Vader himself.

Allowing his eyes to once again wander, he caught a glimpse of a smile. A haunting wide carved smile from the past. He quickly turns his head back to where he had seen the smile. The noticeable smile of a long dead apprentice. At least he thought him to be long dead. Was it possible? No. This one, who he didn't recognize was certainly not him. Though he did hold a slight resemblance. It must have been the smile and the wild look in his eye. No sense dwelling on it, moving on.

Darth Solus, a military man through and through. Voidwalker had known him for some time, and Solus was definitely a man of conviction. A possibility for a strong candidate, if he even desired that responsibility.

Peering around the table one last time there were others he'd recognized such as Darth Xirr, Darth Mirtis, Darth Skyllan, and Darth Pravum. Then his eyes crossed her. The leather-clad Empress Darth Nix. She was the proclaimed Empress of the Brotherhood of the Sith. Voidwalker couldn't explain it, but the very sight of this woman made him angry again. There was something about her that just didn't sit right with him. From what he had heard of her, she was nothing more than a hopeful grasping at straws. She was no real leader. Her views of the dark side seemed more perverse than anything. Voidwalker had a thought, he wanted to dominate her, he wanted to make her beg for her life before killing her. No he didn't want to just kill her, he wanted to annihilate her.

He took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly through his nose. "Calm yourself. Don't want to start any unnecessary problems here tonight. Remember there's a time and place for everything, even if this place is more than appropriate." A callus smile crept across his face but only for a moment.

The doors of the hall swing open once again, this time revealing Darth Viscretus. Or as she'd become more publicly known as, Empress Volshe of the New Galactic Empire. Along with her was Darth Nihl, father of Nathemus, as well as a former servant to Darth Krayt in his first lifetime. There were the two young twin children, of Volshe and Dreadwar. A young lady that Voidwalker didn't recognize, she somehow seemed familiar, as if he would have seen her in passing somewhere. He couldn't place it. Trailing in behind the group were a shocking bunch to see, Imperial Jedi.

Every eye seemingly now laid upon the entering party, nervous back and forth looks mixed with anger stirred. Volshe simply made her way in and to her seat, with Nihl. If there was a way to get everyone's attention, she surely accomplished it. Volshe seemed elegant and extravagant as the words could ever mean. Rings and jewels adorned her, not to mention the length of the train on the dress she wore. It seemed a bit extra extravagant in Voidwalker's opinion, but this was an extra important feast.

As she made her way across the hall to the head table, she seemed to intentionally take her sweet time to arrive at the destination. It seemed as if she was silently taunting everyone by keeping them in bewildered suspense. Once she finally made it to the end of the table, the opposite of the throne and her designated seat, she gave a brief welcoming speech that seemed to take less time than her walk across the hall. Quickly after her speech she, Nihl, and the young twins found their seats. With the Imperial Jedi standing over them.

Voidwalker shifted in his seat, leaning slightly towards Lady Noxia. "Imperial Jedi..huh. Well this certainly makes things more interesting. And here I was ready to get out of here. Let's see how this plays out." A mischievous smile started to appear but was instantly cut off by the swelling feeling of rage once again.

Catching the gaze of Volshe who stared daggers into Krayt, Voidwalker felt the rage building within again. This time building quicker. As if her anger had relit the fires of his own rage. He tried to look away but to no avail. Even without the Force, Voidwalker knew that temples could burn and sands could be bathed in blood. Visions could become reality...

"Greetings, my friends. I'm glad to see you both. What do you think of today's festivities?" The voice of Nathemus rang out and Voidwalker heard the words, but it was as if he couldn't focus enough to respond.

The rage had built up, waiting to break the dam walls of Voidwalker. His left hand again twitching, this time he felt the hilt of his lightsaber as he traced it with his right hand. Noxia noticed the intensified fidgeting of Voidwalker, his eyes fixated on The One. He couldn't take it any longer, Korriban would feast upon his blood! The moment Voidwalker's leg muscles tensed up to stand, Noxia reached out and grabbed his twitching left hand. Holding it tightly she pulled him ever so slightly attempting to not be obvious. "No!" She mouthed at him as he turned to look at her. "Not yet, this isn't the time. Now wait and calm yourself!" She hissed at him in a hushed whisper. Her whispers carrying the weight of a Star Destroyer.

He knew she was right, and he wouldn't argue with her. There was no point even trying to argue with Noxia, he wouldn't get anywhere. He simply nodded to her in acceptance and understanding.

To break the tension that he felt, Voidwalker simply turned his head towards Nathemus to offer a response to his long time friend. Quickly catching a glimpse of Lords Kain and Catalyst making their exit. It was no concern of his. "Ah Nathemus, my old friend. This certainly is a feast to be remembered. One only foretold by prophecy. How are you?"

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Dreadwar @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Ānhrā Māhnîu @Helkosh @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @DarthFeros @Darth Xxys @Volacius @Metus

IC: Darth Krayt
Aboard the Dragon's Maw

~One Week Before the Feast~

The message had been rather clear. Krayt hadn't expected it, but was entirely surprised. Dreadwar, from all he had gathered the last two years or so, was very respected, and utterly feared. As, he had found, was his former apprentice, and now Hand, Darth Apollyon. But what Krayt saw on the static-laden hologram was something else entirely.

She appeared nervous, strained. She also seemed to have bile rising in her throat over what she was doing. That, he could understand. He had laid claim to the Throne he master had sat upon. A Throne that was rightfully his, he would add. And while he had no love, or really any emotions, for the woman, he understood the dedication to duty that she showed in extending the invitation.

"But are you going to attend?" He asked himself. "You will if you care at all about the future of the Sith." The other voice responded. He weighed the options as he scowled and shook his head violently to clear his mind. On the one hand, it would let everyone know that he was not some stark raving madman who'd suffered a psychological break from the trauma of murdering thousands of children. Feros hadn't batted an eye at that. It would let them know he was, indeed, the Dragon, back from the void bowels of whatever hell they cared to call Chaos. That could, in turn, garner him some more support, other than those that had pledged their allegiance to him already, anyway. On the other, however, the thought made him sick to his stomach. Sith, gazing at an empty Throne, with all their power, posturing for some sort of peace instead of using power to take what they should see as theirs. And all of them at the whim of this nearly broken, almost stress-mad woman before him. Krayt laughed and shook his head.

"Fools and cowards, nearly the lot of them."

"The only fool is you. My body or not, rest assured, one of those Fools is going to kill you. Whether I perish or endure. And there won't be any coming back this time."

Another vigorous thrashing of his head. But yes. He would go. If for no other reason than to drink the discomfort, annoyance, and utter hatred the vast majority of them held for him. That much he could enjoy. And perhaps they'd have an interesting and asymmetric solution. At the very least, it would make for an entertaining evening. He smiled wickedly to himself. Yes. He would attend.

He sipped from a flute of Hapan Wine and pressed a key on the chair in his quarters, opening a channel to the Captains Quarter's near the bridge. Krayt didn't care much for Nassat Barr, the former Second in Command, and now Captain, of the Dragon's Maw. He was a back biter. And a classic brown nose. But, he was efficient. And he followed orders to a tee. So Krayt tolerated him. For now.

"Captain Barr, have an attendant sent to my quarters to clean and press my clothes. And chart a course to Korriban. We're going home."

"At once, My Lord Krayt." Came the prompt, if sleepy, answer.

~The Feast~

As they broke atmosphere, Krayt felt it. The dull thrum of Korriban. The very ground here exuded dark energy. As it should. It was made of eons of fallen Dark Side users. He breathed it in and smiled to himself. Home. True home.

The docking bay at the Temple was much as he remembered it to be. He had spent decades here, and was always amazed at how little every truly changed. Except those statues outside. The pompous visages of the cloak-clad usurper. He'd prioritize turning them to dust when he held the Empire again. Perhaps he'd press them into a new crystal for his lightsaber. Dreadwar was powerful, after all. And power was always worth remembering.

The ramp dropped, and Krayt departed, his boot soles clinking heavily on the durasteel. The planet was still arid and wind-beaten. A harsh, violent landscape, fit for a harsh, violent people. Horuset took mercy in its ultraviolet assault upon the place. He was impressed to see the docking bay had been cleaned, swept, and polished though. A nice touch for such an elaborate occasion.

He looked himself over to be sure his outfit was in order. What little cloth was exposed was in perfect order. Pressed crisp and sharp, and lightly scented with cologne. Krayt still remembered, after all, how disgusting unwashed bodies and clothing could smell from his years on Tatooine. Sour and wretched. His armor over that clothing had all been polished and shined, and damaged colors touched up. He was shimmering buffed steel and crimson, moving and breathing. His two sabers swung at his belt, and the short Mando Saber that he'd "inherited" from Feros was freshly sharpened and held its place in the scabbard across the back of his belt. His hair was combed and tied back, his expression all dour handsomeness.

Now it was time to make his entrance. But he paused at the doors. He should have been able to feel the presence of everyone there. But he couldn't. And he didn't like that idea. Something was dampening, if not wholly blocking, the Force within the Hall. "Figures. Probably an effort to avoid an eruption of violence. Smart. Annoying. But smart." He thought to himself. "Smart, isn't she?" The other voice chimed in snidely. "Shut up. Go back to wherever you're hiding in there. You aren't even real. You're an afterimage. And you'll be gone soon enough." He shot back, all venom, as he closed his eyes and inhaled.

As the doors opened, Krayt strode in, taking in the splendor around him. He didn't dare show it, but he was impressed. The manic wretch had managed to pull something off. No expense seemed to be spared. The smell of alcohol and searing meats was heavy in the air, and it warmed his nostrils. He probably wouldn't partake of them, but the scent was pleasing. Now wasn't the time to eat or drink. Now was the time to size up those he knew and those he didn't.

His eye was first drawn to Darth Wyyrlok IV. He had become more familiar with her after her allegiance had been pledged to him, just as her predecessors. She had recently donned her tattoos, as a right of passage, and she was even more gorgeous with them than she was without, which was saying something. He would watch her closely. He'd learned that lesson already.

The one known as Lord Kain was there as well. He was alleged to be the son of Abeloth herself. Very interesting. Krayt had dealt with her before. If it was true, he would be powerful. Ridiculously so. His glate also belied his disdain for Krayt. "Well, that's only fair. I did take the body of a dear friend. The man who brought him here." "Yes. And if anyone here kills you, it'll be him." Krayt would watch him as well.

Beside Wyyrlok sat the massive Arkanian Darth Drakul Xarxes, clad in his skeletal armor. Rumor had it he detested many of the beings here almost as much as Krayt did. Krayt would have to think on that.

He also saw another familiar face. Deep crimson and black, leading up to long lekku, and down to lithe legs and a slender dancer's build. Talon. He'd heard she lived. But here she was. And beside her was a powerful and dark looking zabrak. Interesting.

He knew little of Darth Catalyst, other than what he'd gathered from Feros' memories. But the man carried a competent, almost arrogant demeanor about him. Krayt could respect that. He could also respect anyone even rumored to have done the things he was rumored to have done with Darth Apollyon. He may not have cared for her, but she was beautiful.

Krayt nearly stopped, and smiled so widely he thought he might tear his cheeks. Darth Nathemus. His "creation" had grown rather well. He'd even become powerful. Though, to be fair, he was of good stock. Krayt was sure he'd be furious to see him here.

He also saw his former apprentice, Darth Maladi, seated at the table. It was good she was here. Her presence had always been welcomed, and she'd always been loyal, executing whatever order he gave. No matter her current allegiance, Krayt would let no harm befall her tonight. Least of all by his own hand.

Krayt reached his seat near the head of the table, across from two empty seats. When he realized who they were for, his smile from moments ago became nothing compared to now, and he struggled to stifle a full-on laugh. Nihl and Kára Volshe. A more perfect seat couldn't have been chosen. Perhaps he'd judged Apollyon wrong. Maybe she had a sense of humor, even. Or irony, at the very least.

They were all here, far too many for him to mention each by name. The elite of the Sith. Well, mostly. Some of the more random rabble didn't even warrant mention. The Brotherhood, a joke in and of itself. The Vapid, the Black Order, cults and enclaves aplenty. And none of them truly mattered unless they decided to bend the knee.

One that he had expected to finally see, and didn't, was the whispered-about Butcher of Coruscant, Darth Hesper. He had actually been interested to finally lay eyes on her. Feros had held her in very high regard, and Krayt was interested to see if she measured up to the opinion.

"What a pointless and exorbitantly self-important affair." He thought. "Think what you will. This will decide the future of every being here. And hopefully some are shorter than others." Another almost imperceptible shake of his head. Kark. This was getting annoying. Then, in walked the host herself. Darth Apollyon, all dressed for the occasion.

As the crowd fell hushed, she simply sat there drumming her fingers. He realized he was doing the same thing, an impatient tick. Some lackey stooped to whisper in her ear, and finally she stood. He listened, smirking, as she addressed the crowd. Who was this wench that begged and prostrated to Sith for peace and non-violence? Surely this was an act. This whole thing was some charade, a jest made in poor taste. At best, it was a kriffing farce. And not one he was going to be caught up in, nor would he trust it.

Once she was done blowing wind, the table erupted into tense cheer and conversation again. Drinking and merry making. It was revolting, and had naught to do with the point. He continued reviewing the company he was in. He could feel the ire and disdain directed at him. He was almost tangible. He didn't mind, though. Most of them had not the slightest inkling who he actually was. Or why he had done the things he did. Most likely, they never would. They had no idea the power it took to claw one's way back from death, not once, but twice. Most of them here had never felt the torment of losing everyone and everything they held dear to them. Or seeing all they had fought for crumble and decay. They would never understand the NEED to bring the Galaxy to heel. And if they decided to try to fight against him, he would show them something else they couldn't conceive; the utterly repulsive and deliciously painful things an already-twisted mind could learn in Chaos.

He turned to look as the doors opened again, and was thrown into a state of utter lip-curling, stomach-turning, bile-enticing disgust with the processing that spewed forth from the doors of the Banquet Hall. Kára Volshe, welps following close behind. And Krayt couldn't believe what he was seeing! Nihl, hanging off her arm, like some sort of obedient hound! "Oh, how the mighty do fall. There was a time when he wouldn't have been caught dead in the company of such ridiculous opulence." And not only that, but she had dared to bring Imperial Knights here! To this most sacred of places! He nearly threw up then and there. His eyes moved over to Volshe, just as hers moved to him. He narrowed his eyes, inclined his head, and smiled his most mocking, venomous smile.

He had heard she'd wed Dreadwar, undoubtedly some contrived bid for power and position. And she was an Empress in her own right, he knew. Naboo, if memory served. He could almost feel the wickedness in her gaze, all impotent malicious intent. The Force dampening would see to that.

His full attention was now on this pair. He found it wonderful that Apollyon had sat them across from him. He watched as the two sat and feigned ignorance of his presence, his mind drifting back to the psychological anguish he'd subjected them both to. "She should honestly thank me. If not for me, she wouldn't have a fraction of the power she allegedly does now." He mused to himself. The other voice didn't chime in this time. Deference or impotence, he wondered? It didn't matter.

Volshe raised her voice, speaking across him to Darth Maladi, and Krayt saw his opening into the conversation. This would be perfect. He realized mist of those in the Empire who had known Feros hadn't heard him speak in two years or so. When he finally spoke, it was deep and rich with sarcasm and ulterior meaning. And it was also completely free of any typical Hapan accent.

"Yes, Maladi! How was your trip, my former apprentice? I know travel can sometimes be rather stressful. Torturous even."

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @Helkosh @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

IC: Apprentice Zareel Jhenan'doka

“Save me, my child, help me. Everything will be alright. I'm not mad at you, how could I?”

Cold brown teary eyes staring at her in the dark, red lips contorted on a now eternal last plead for aid; the last offering of love from the one she had and would have adored more than anyone. The rest was always blurry, how did she get there or how did she get out. Just her face was a constant memory haunting and lying to her during the long nights when sleep was hard to achieve and even harder to retain.

The Dread apprentice covered her eyes with her arm trying to go back to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, the corpse of her mother was again there in front of her. Exhausted from lack of sleep, she reluctantly rolled over to check how late it was; she grunted in utter frustration; Zareel barely have had five hours of sleep in a week and when she had finally managed to fall asleep, that woman was once again invading her head.

For a moment, barely a second; Zareel wished she was still alive. Not out of melancholy or sentimentalisms, but just to not have her memory plaguing her every time she let down her guard.

Resigned to the fact that she wouldn’t be lucky enough to get some rest for at least another day, threw the blankets away and got out of bed; only to hit her little toe with the chair left near the bed, falling on her knees to the floor. An endless string of curses came out of her mouth while the balosar hit with her hand the cold under her. It wasn't the knock itself; it was the accumulated tiredness. "If only I'd sneak out for some drinks today it would be better and..." She stopped the train of thought in its tracks and inhaled deeply to calm herself. Zareel would see her again drinking like that, and there were unfinished chores to be completed, she didn't have time for silly memories.

She was fine, everything was fine, that was the nice thing about being busy there; the biggest of her reasons for staying on that planet and mostly at the academy. She felt like finally accomplishing something for her own, and she wasn't just escaping from her mind or fears; even if she did that from time to time, it was to a minor extent. There were so many people to learn from; the very house she belonged to was the one founded by the fallen emperor, which carried its entire focus on the acquisition of knowledge and through it, power. Even Lord Catalyst, her master, despite his constant absences always managed to give her meaningful lessons. Be it each time they met or by assigning her some tasks, those normally gave her plenty of food for thoughts; mainly on what might or might not become of her in the future.

Before picking up her clothes, she checked to see if there were any messages or requests from him; nothing new so far, so she directly walked to the shower to refresh herself before returning to her habitual practice with the saber. The cold water did its job and helped her to wake up a bit more. She even remembered a couple of roots she hadn't added to her compilation of beneficial plants, herbs and fungi as she massaged her hair untangling it. She was sufficiently aware there were many actual compendiums with that sort of information, but there was a pleasant feeling about having one recorded by her own hand; there she would place her particular notes and perhaps later her own practical applications.

Stepping out of the bathroom and while dressing, she found it was better to take her mind elsewhere and continue to mentally analyse some of the flaws she had noticed on her last practice; that was considerably better than the feeling that once again she would see her mother standing behind her in some reflection. For that reason, with the uncertainty of an extra presence, she only opened her eyes when she was fully dressed; allowing herself to let out a sigh of relief, as she confirmed that no one was there while tying her hair into a quick bun. She just needed to pick up her tonfas to head to the training room in the Sith Temple.

Only one more thing caught her eye as she made her way to the door; a small pot, containing no more than a couple of small pink buds two days ago, now was completely dry and dead. She bit down hard on her lower lip before cursing again and tossing the pot into a trash can. The day had started in one of the worst possible ways and even what little she had tried since getting out of bed had seemed to go wrong; all she desired was to get to the training room and release some of her stress.

Quickly walk to the exit, needing some fresh air. An awkward giggle left her lips as she looked outside; it was curious how Korriban had become so similar to the idea of home for her, not that she had too high expectations after growing up in Balosar. But overall, she was comfortable with the environment. Absently looking around at the surroundings and the passers-by, she realised she had made her way to the nearest cantina instead of the training room. She almost considered forbidding herself of that treat again, but after thinking about it, she walked through the door and took a seat at the bar.

A very uncomfortable drunk glanced sideways at her and even more uncomfortably moved a seat away when he noticed she was staring at him. Zareel Jhenan'doka was not really someone you could expect a flirtation from, not even a desperate one; nor would you want one, especially with the dark bags under her eyes from too little rest, the messy hair and the look of someone who looked like she was about to ask if you even liked bread just to break the ice.

"What are you drinking?" she gestured absently to the glass in front of him, but the man only shook his head; without waiting for a response, she moved closer and drank in one long gulp almost the whole content. "So soft... " The complaint had been more to herself as she raised a hand beckoning to the bartender in the back cleaning some used cups. She smiled again, her eyes not accompanying the gesture of her lips and the man shifted uneasily in his seat looking at his now empty glass but saying nothing about it.

"Don't look at me like that; I'll buy you another." Placing a hand on his shoulder, she held him tightly, the smile gradually becoming a little more real as she stole some of the unfortunate man's energy. When he couldn’t stand on his own, she reclined him back in the seat and tapped the bar with her nails, getting the bartender's attention once more. "A drink for him! He's alive!" she shouted for him to hear her, left some coins and hurried back to the door, not in the mood for the usual complaint that she had once again drunk a customer instead of an actual drink.

"Now, let's practice." Her mood hadn't improved much, but at least she had procured some of the energy back that insomnia used to rob from her.

Arriving at the training hall, she found it odd Master Xiannar was the only one she had seen; there was also Overseer Ermir, but it seemed unusual. While there weren't always high ranks around the place, a few came to supervise their own apprentices or were around the temple. Maybe it was the hour, or maybe... oh right, the banquet. A nice, tactful way of calling the political gathering where no one would surely dare sit without putting their back against a very safe, thick and firm wall.

There wasn't much more to think about anyway, any decision made in there left them, the apprentices just to obey. To whom? That was information each held close to their hearts for sure. As for her, she merely drew both tonfa's and headed for one of the available training droids. After a few minutes spent just dodging and blocking, trying to perfect her defence, she felt glad of having some more energy available at that moment; just one hit could have destabilised her otherwise.

Just as she finished that thought Ermir's voice began to correct her. The apprentice raised her antennae without turning to see him but tensing herself completely. How she detested the use of her surname, though it was partly her own fault for continuing to use it. It was one of the reasons she considered herself weak in character still. Without looking at the overseer just nodded; calculating the distance that separated her from the machine. "It would be easier if I didn't have such short legs," Zareel thought to herself.

She'd barely paid any proper attention to who else was in the room; primarily because she had never interacted in any meaningful way with any of them. But the synchronised sound of the datapads caught her attention; there weren't too many reasons for them all to be called, fewer of them were pleasant. "For god's sake, stop complaining..." Thought to herself raising an eyebrow as she heard Ermir and began to deactivate the droid. As she was finishing with it, she heard Keres voice reading the message; Lady Apollyon was sending new instructions for their training.

Lady Apollyon, half of what she had heard about was related to how she was Lord Dreadwar's eternal and devoted apprentice; the other half was unrepeatable comments that related her to her master... but that was up to them.

And then, Sith Masks, just what was needed to make her feel less miserable that day. "I should have had another drink." She fumbled through her clothes in case her flask was with her, but it was presumably still next to her bedside.

----

TAG: @Keres Dymos , @skira , @Kielor @Undying Master Xiannarr @Nacros_Telcontare @Loharr Talem

IC: Empress Kára Volshe (Darth Viscretus)
Banquet Hall, Korriban

f00KRhL.gif

"Yes, Maladi! How was your trip, my former apprentice? I know travel can sometimes be rather stressful. Torturous even."

Darth Viscretus’ eyebrow raised. For a moment, the time it took her heart to pulse twice, she sat in an unmoving silence. It was statuesque, at least, as the anger in her chest flourished briefly into inferno. Sparks flared in her golden gaze. Her eyes were twin suns - and their burning heat was focussed on the man who had the audacity to mock her.

There was no other motion she made, no twitch of her expression, no betrayal of her true feelings...besides the razor-sharp talons that curled into the forearm of Lord Nihl beside her. They did not relent, the sinew holding all of her contempt in their taut strands, siphoning it from her core.

For a moment, her hand hovered beneath the table, willing the ground to pool into ink. For the snakes that roiled in her gut to materialize in the form of the man’s damnation. If he could be called a man. In his eyes, she no longer saw Feros.

She saw every last thing he had done.

Her breath released as she realized her magic would fail her. It was bitter disappointment, as sour as bile rising in her throat. Her hand fell back to the crystal and silk of her lap.

Her hand relaxed, slowly, as she reached across the table to the jewelled goblet brimming with wine that had been provided her. Her fingers extended towards the Dragon Lord - stopping just above the goblet, hovering, only an arms length from him. There were two or even three rings on each of her fingers, glimmering in the lambent beams from the nearby braziers, but her ring finger was solely occupied by a ring of chromium. The centre was a crystal of near-black, shimmering with swirls of nebulous colour and stars. An engagement ring, by the customs of Naboo.

It had not been there the last time she had seen Lady Apollyon, let alone any of the others.

That was the focus of her reach, but it was not all that focussed on him. Her eyes had narrowed into a malevolent stare, pupils constricted to pinpoints in the sea of gold.

“My lady,” she said, ice coating every last consonant, “that is the correct form of address from an inferior to a Dark Lady of the Council.”

She let the words sit in the air, weighing on the now fractured peace before withdrawing with her goblet.

She sipped her wine and swallowed. It was dry, unlike her usual choice of blossomwine, but quite pleasant and vibrant in its flavour. She savoured it a brief moment, before lowering the goblet. It was enough to allow her to return her expression to its usual serenity.

Her gaze went to Apollyon, then the Nagai by her side. She only barely registered that Lord Kain had left - her eye not catching him in her sweep. Her mind wandered to where he had gone only briefly, more concerned about the display she was putting on to embarrass the Sith who had the utter lack of wisdom - and self preservation instinct - to so much as appear, let alone speak in her presence.

The force suppression was to protect her, she imagined. But now, it appeared that it was far more likely to protect Krayt from the thirty creative variations on his death she had already imagined. Vividly.

She tutted softly, the sound barely audible over the din of multiple conversations - then shook her head. The suspensa beads that dripped past her face clicked lightly, swaying with the motion. Her earrings chimed as her head turned to bring the goblet back to her lips. It rose only halfway before her lips turned to a smile.

The words that followed were not overly sarcastic, nor dripping with venom. They were, perhaps more insultingly, the tone of a disappointed mother speaking to a child.

“Such audacity.”

TAG: @DarthFeros @Darth Kain@Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes@Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu@G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana@Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious@Helkosh @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

Attachments

• 682E700B-E54D-44BE-A650-CD4B59B188F0.jpeg
    682E700B-E54D-44BE-A650-CD4B59B188F0.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
IC: Darth Krayt
Feast Hall
Korriban

"My Lady."

And at that, he stopped listening. He simply laughed. He didn't attempt to control it, either. "Inferior? Who in all the seven hells does she think she's become now?" He had utterly broken her. And Nihl. And Talon. He had spent years crushing her under foot. She owed any power she now possessed to him. He had shown her, more than Lumiya could have ever hoped to, what being Sith truly was. The pain and anger and torment one must endure.

His breath didn't catch, nor did his face betray any of the anger that the disrespect caused to rise like fire in his throat. He just smiled at her. His eyes glaring into hers, even as she tried to feign incredulity and look away from him.

Truly, it didn't matter. He remembered the way she had wailed and whimpered. He knew exactly who she really was. And if she attacked him here, she would only prove his point. She'd show how unbalanced, quick to lash out, and unfit to rule she truly was. "She'd sooner die than prove me right" "Don't be so sure. She's more powerful than you think." "Oh shut up, for Chaos sake."

He reached forward as she did, nearly touching her hand as he grabbed his own wine, his eyes locked closely on hers, the left side of his face curled into a wicked grin. All the glitter and gold wasn't going to fool him. Inside, he could tell by her unkempt anger that she was very much still the terrified and tormented young woman that he'd last seen. The blood his cybernetic eye picked up trickling down Nihl's arm identified that.

"Oh of course, I forget myself I suppose. It's just been so long. I got myself excited, Darth Kaos." He shrugged and raised his hands, a symbol of mock embarrassment. "See? There I go again. Apologies, Empress Volshe. Surely, you don't need my forgetfulness to add to your stress. We can all see you're simply distraught over the disappearance of your dear husband. Please, forgive me. The aged mind often forgets, doesn't it?"

If she wanted to exchange words, Krayt held no issue with that. He wasn't going to back down to her. Everyone else may have forgotten who she really was, but he hadn't. And she was one of the few here who knew exactly what he was capable of. He would simply make his quip, and then sit back and seem to enjoy himself.

It seemed Kain had wandered off somewhere, as had Catalyst. Though others seemed to be awkwardly muddling their way around the evening's affairs. He never did care much for large social gatherings, so he could understand. Though they could at least attempt to make it less obvious.

He turned and addressed another at the table, this time one more fit for conversation with him. Wyyrlok was seated across and a bit down from him, and he wanted to make sure he'd noticed her accomplishment.

"Wyyrlok, I see you have your tattoos finally. Congratulations. The colors and designs suit you well." He grinned and raised his glass to her and feigned taking a sip, never actually letting any of the wine between his lips.

He then turned to Apollyon. And smiled. "My dear, thank you for the invitation. We can all see you've gathered only the finest of our esteemed Order!" He motioned specifically to the tables seating the various rabble of cults, co-conspirators, and collaborators, laughing softly. "Allow me to be the first to say, well done. This is quite marvelous. Opulent. Garish. Perhaps a bit overdone, though some seem to appreciate that more than others. But Marvelous."

He meant what he said, even if it was a bit back-handed. It was a marvelous sight to behold. So many calling themselves the most powerful beings, all brought to heel by some dark skinned woman with onyx eyes and a pretty smile. "Blissful morons. Not a bantha's plot of brains between most of them." "Don't be so sure, Krayt. You said the same thing about Cade, didn't you?" "Could you get borked already? I don't need your running commentary."

He turned again to take in the regalia, and couldn't help but stop on one Darth Pravum, seemingly having a full bore conversation with himself. Krayt raised an eyebrow as the man rambled on, and chuckled. Yes. Apollyon really had gathered all the best and brightest, hadn't she?

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester @Darth Nathemus @Darth Xirr @Darth Solus @DarthNoxia @Drakul_Xarxes @Jihadi Quartz @Voidwalker @Ānhrā Māhnîu @G.Kn @Reatith Blodraald @Darth Thana @Sith_Imperios @Cardun Vrek @Darth Sedicious @Helkosh @Darth Xxys @Volacius, @Metus

IC: Darth Mirtis
Banquet Hall, Korriban

Before arriving to Korriban
Darth Mirtis' slumber had been plagued with nightmares as of late. Some were of his days as a slave fighter, fighting for scraps of food and allowed to breath until his next bout. But his most recent dream was of a delivery mission going wrong. What made him begin to stir in his sleep was the replaying memory of Fallanasi woman bloody and dead in his arms as he attempted his escape from the icy planet known as Hoth. A servant had entered his sleeping area to wake him. The startle made Mirtis act out on instinct and grab his songsteel Katana near his bed and pin the servant to the wall. His eyes were wild as he looked around the room. His heavy breathing lessened as he let the servent go from his choke hold, gasping for air as they fell to the the floor.
"My apologies Darth Mirtis. I was to inform you that we will be arriving soon." The servant hoarsely said. Mirtis only dismissed the servant with a wave of his hand and they did so without another word. The trandoshan bathed himself clean and got dressed. He wore his custom made armor, dawning his songsteel shield on his left arm and songsteel katana on his back. Elegance was one of his poor points but it mattered little to him so long as what he wore did its job, protect him. Though he knew it had limits to what it could block, he was not reckless when it came to combat. This is what also made him a cautious hunter as he knew not to underestimate his prey. He double checked his gear and equipment before exiting out of his room. It was time to see what adventure awaited him.
IMG_8223.PNG

Arriving to Korriban reminded the red scaled Sith of when he had first began his journey to learn the ways of the dark side. Day by day he grew stronger as he hunted whatever was unlucky to become his next prey. However, since then he has learned there are far many types of hunters in the galaxy. This event, where many Sith had gathered to an invitation to a feast, left Darth Mirtis on high alert. He saw Lord Catalyst who is said to have the shiniest silver tongue to exist. Next to him was Lord Kain, his image made Mirtis look away quickly as he did not want to give him any reason to make a crispy reptilian treat of him. Seeing many notable Sith, such as Lord Drakul Xarxes, Lord Pravum, and Lord Solus to name a few, made is instincts feel like they were on fire as he sat at the table. Mirtis did not partake in any of the meal, and analyzed his surroundings. His eyes would see who was where as well as the hall's structural integrity. His ears would listen for anything important of note, however his range as well as all the sounds around him made it difficult to get anything clear then a few people away. Mirtis was not one for social events, however, he was bound to the woman who was as beautiful as she was deadly; Darth Noxia. He was bound to her by Sith magic as was Metus who sat nearby. His attention tore away as Lady Apollyon entered the banquet hall and stealing the attention from all who would give it.

Mirtis listened closely as he took off his helmet and put it on his lap. Like others, he wore his armor believing by the end of the event, some type of fight may break out. If it didn't, then he would not have to worry about repairs. He also knew that it would also depend on his constraint of not mouthing off or getting hot tempered. But he could not hold back his teeth gritting at the sight of Jedi and children that accompanied Darth Viscretus. Luckily the force seem to not exist within these walls as he found out from countless failures to use it upon arriving. He was confident in his ability to bash someone with everything in his immediate area, including the food. He took a deep breath in and continued surveying the area. He was never a social being to begin with so it was right to say he felt out of place despite being on Korriban and among so many Sith. To him it felt like a bunch of hunters ready to make prey out of each other at any given moment within a cage. It made his scales itch slightly as the thought of a cage surfaced to his mind, one that he was forced into long ago. Darth Mirtis took out a flask and threw back a large swig, drowning the cage memory along with it. He only cared about one thing, surviving. That meant staying close to Darth Noxia and destroying any obstacle that stands in his way, at any cost.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom