Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Unfinished Business

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
Character Backstory: Apprentice Loharr Talem

Notable Kill: Voth Mehvin

Year: 152 ABY

~~~~~

Loharr watched as the patrons of the cantina shuffled about, drinking, eating, making merry. Odsalna was doing his thing, drinking and laughing raucously. Dana was off in the corner, drinking some sad sap of a Rodian under the table. Clearly the Rodian had no clue what he had gotten into, challenging her to a contest of drink.

Loharr was drinking only water, as was his developed habit, after years of watching uncounted, drunken patrons spew the contents of their guts across the floor, both inside and out. Though occasionally, he would imbibe tea, but that was mainly for celebratory purposes.

“To another fine defense of Mosa Town!” Odsalna roared aloud, raising a glass of some miscellaneous alcohol.

“And may those damned pirates never think twice!” Dana added, downing a shot. “They’re the only entertainment I get around here.”

Loharr raised an eyebrow. While the town was being attacked, he only killed the pirates that made the mistake of wandering into the cantina, disturbing his meal at the time. Outright fighting was never his thing, as shadows concealed much, and occasionally, they would even conceal intent.

As merriment was being made all around, Loharr was taken from his peaceful mindset as a metallic clang reverberated through the cantina. Sitting before him, armored as ever, was Nero. The metallic clang was the sound of his helmet being roughly set to the table. The sound was enough to set the cantina to silent mode.

“Nero…” Loharr said, calmly sipping his water. “Any reason why you’re disturbing the celebration?”

“You and I have some unfinished business.” He answered, “Remember Kol Stakta?”

“I vaguely remember turning her into a hunk of charcoal, yes.”

“That was my shot that did her in, but-”

“My shot.” Loharr corrected.

“No, you’ll remember that-” Nero was cut off by a hissing sound.

An emerald beam shot forth from the center of the table, angled perfectly to stop just before Nero’s throat, having just barely missed his helmet.

“...You’ll remember that it was in fact your shot that did Stakta in…” He laughed nervously.

“Good Mando…” Loharr said, deactivating the green beam. “Now… you were saying?”

“Anyway… remember how some of her crew got away?” He asked, “Well, that gang recouped their losses and now wreak havoc across the Khoonda Plains once more.”

Loharr let out an exasperated sigh.

“Why is it that everything exciting happens in the Khoonda Plains?” Loharr asked, not asking anyone in particular.

“Well, I know where their hideout is.” Nero said, which made Loharr’s ears perk up. “A small camp on the edge of the Plains, nestled between some cliffs out in the Mosa Mountains.”

“Mountains?” Loharr asked.

“Yep. You ready to take care of some unfinished business?”

“Of course.” Loharr answered, standing up, a metal cylinder bumping the table.

“New toy?” Nero asked. “What’s it do?”

“It just put a hole in the table.” Loharr said, casually walking out of the cantina.

Nero’s face was equivalent to ‘what the hell?’, though, Loharr didn’t see that. Getting in their respective speeders, they headed out. About an hour later, it began to gently rain. 30 minutes later, they arrived at the border of the Khoonda Plains and the Mosa Mountains With the rain still coming down, they dismounted their speeders and proceeded forward on foot, stopping maybe half a kilometer out, hiding behind a Blba Tree.

“So what’s the plan?” Nero asked.

Loharr sat in silent deliberation for a moment. He had to think this through.

“Got any binocs?” Loharr asked.

Nero nodded and produced the tech, handing it over to the assassin. Through the binocs, Loharr was able to get a good look at the pirates. Primarily Weequayans, with Humans, Rodians, and some Nikto sprinkled in. He counted no more than 30, but there could’ve been more inside the tents and makeshift shelters.

He relayed this information to his companion.

“This is a larger number than you led me to believe.” Loharr said, handing the Mandalorian the binocs back.

“When did I ever give an indicator of numbers? All I told you was that they had recouped their losses.” Nero explained.

“Fair point.” Loharr grumbled. “Uh…. just shoot at them. I’ll do what I can to take them out from behind, or from the side. Whichever works.”

“I hate you, you know that?” Nero asked flatly.

“Believe me, buckethead, the feeling is mutual.” Loharr said, lifting a commlink from Nero’s belt and fleeing his position behind the tree.

“Right… hey!” Nero exclaimed, feeling insulted. “I’m not a Stormtrooper!”

“Still wearing a bucket though, aren’t ya?” Loharr said, speeding away on foot, quickly out of vocal range.

Making his way around the borders of the camp, sneaking along the hillside which backed the camp, He kept a watchful eye, ever approaching his target location. Upon arriving within 100 meters of the camp, he watched as a steady stream of yellow blaster bolts sailed across the field, crashing into several pirates, all without missing a single shot.

Loharr could not deny that he was impressed, but he could not delay.

Bolting forward, acting quickly to close the distance between himself and the camp. Doing so in a little under 20 seconds, thanks to assistance through the Force. A nifty trick he picked up some months back after a spar with Shalla, a fellow assassin of the Khoonda Brotherhood. Upon reaching the tents, he drew his weapon, thumbing the activator switch and applying pressure to it. It thrummed alive with a hiss, an emerald green beam emitting from the metal tube.

Holding it up and cutting through the fabric that made up the tents walls, Loharr burst through the wall, ready for anything. Only to be met with a single Nikto, brandishing a blaster, turning around firing off one shot in Loharr’s direction. Loharr moved the emerald blade of his weapon to meet the burning crimson of the blaster bolt, deflecting it high and away, propelling the superheated bolt of gas through the ceiling. Jumping forward,Loharr thrust the saber forward, its emerald blade impaled itself on the body of the Nikto, who fell to the floor quite lifeless.

Taking a cursory glance around, he confirmed the tent was empty. Blaster fire continued in excess outside, and so, that is where he made his way.

Once outside, it became clear just how hectic the encounter had become… and how deadly an aim his Mandalorian companion had. He saw that all the pirates were cowering behind whatever cover they could locate, bodies strewn about, With terrifying accuracy, he watched as 3 more bolts soared through the air, striking the skulls of three consecutive pirates. Dangerously close to his own head, he might add.

Though admittedly, those pirates were about to fire upon him. Those shots saved his hide. He gave a brief thumbs up before going on his way again.

One by one, the pirates continued to fall, the rate at which they dropped exponentially decreasing as time went on. Drawing two knives from his belt, he launched them forward, reaching through the Force to manipulate them into two different directions. The blades buried themselves into the torsos of different pirates, as Loharr menacingly made his way between the tents and scattered crates.

He deflected blaster bolts left and right, when he heard it.

“Get up and fire back, you damned cowards!”

Sounds like someone in charge.

A smirk found its way onto Loharr’s face. Pulling the commlink he took from Nero away from his belt. Activating the small piece of technology, he began to speak.

“Nero, I’m about to give you some presents. Be thankful, it won’t happen often.” Loharr said.

“Aww…. you DO care about me!” Nero replied jokingly, chuckling.

“I will stab you.” Loharr hissed, walking towards the shouting voices.

“Promises, promises…” Nero answered, before Loharr turned off the commlink before the Mandalorian could be anymore annoying.

Stopping behind a corner, Loharr slowly peeked, making sure his target was there. He confirmed that the leader was there, the Human, Voth Mehvin. It wasn’t exactly a paid job, but he did have a bounty on his head.

Needlessly slaughtering women and children will get you that.

Nasty bit of business, that. Time to get things done.

Loharr jumped out from around the corner, throwing his third and final knife, not trying to get a kill, just to startle anyone. It worked. Several pirates jumped up or fell over. Mehvin freaked out, surprised to see the weapon in which the invader was wielding.

Loharr merely raised an eyebrow as yellow blaster bolts struck the pirates who had jumped to their feet. Two of the pirates, who were the only ones left, other than Mehvin himself, aimed their blasters at Loharr and fired.

Reacting quickly, he redirected the emerald blade to deflect the blaster bolts, which each struck the opposite pirate from whence they came. Completely unintended by Loharr, as he meant to simply deflect them away safely. Clearly he still had need of practice of the deflection technique.

“Ah… didn’t mean to do that…” Loharr said, slowly approaching Mehvin.

“B-back away, Jedi!” Mehvin exclaimed, raising a blaster rifle to Loharr, who quickly sliced it in two, halfway down the weapons length. “This isn’t the way of your Order!” He exclaimed, holding his hands up and outstretched.

“Well luckily, that is not my Order.” Loharr said, giving a brief, false smile, before swinging the emerald blade of the Jedi weapon.

An arc of brilliant green painted the air, as the blade effortlessly lobbed the head from the pirate’s body. A true smile found its way onto Loharr’s face, as he made his way back through the camp, killing the surviving pirates himself or drawing them out for Nero to take out. He also made sure to retrieve the knives he had used on his way there.

Making his way back to the Blba Tree where Nero was still sat.

“Ready to go?” Nero asked, standing up.

“Shut up and let’s get out of this place.” Loharr said, walking straight passed the tree. “I’m hungry.”

“Ooh! What’re we gettin’?” Nero inquired, jumping to his feet.

“Me? Stew. You? I don’t give a damn.”

“What’s wrong?” Nero asked, leaning on Loharr. “What happened to that caring attitude early?”

“It’s right here.” Loharr said, quickly taking a knife off his belt and jamming it into Nero’s leg. Only this time it didn’t go as deep.

“Ah ha!” He shouted, “Improved armor.”

“Fair point.” Loharr said, quickly turning, and delivering a swift punch into Nero’s throat.

The Mandalorian quickly keeled over, wheezing and gagging, as he gripped his throat. Loharr kept walking on. After all, the speeders were parked quite some distance away. A smile was once again on Loharr’s face.

It was a good day.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

Back
    Top Bottom