Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Formal Tyûk, Midwan, Asha - A Battle Won

Admiral Volshe

Legendary Member
NGE Empress
Korriban
156 ABY

Open

vrnE4dd.jpg

A blanket of dusk rest on the ridges of Korriban, fading ribbons of Horuset’s light slipping between the weathered stone of the Valley and the fractured remains of Dreshdae. Some light spilled from the enduring civilization, but on the horizon was a far brighter glow. A flame burning against the lengthening shadows.

The Sith Temple.

It was surrounded by jagged ridges and supple sands the colour of the waning sun’s blaze. Spires rose from the compound, forming peaks of faded obsidian that clawed at the stars. It was a sight to behold, especially now, with torches and braziers ablaze, landing pads blinking, awaiting those incoming. The courtyard was already crowded, a clamour just beyond the main gates. Flags of violet and gold, and of crimson, silver, black. All waving in the increasingly frigid desert air that rolled across the jagged landscape of the malevolent planet.

They filtered into the corridors leading to the Great Hall as they could. The chandeliers were lit, far above them, banners and flame adorning the Temple’s soaring rafters. The final, faltering beams of sunlight flooded the window - a silhouette standing before it. A woman, dressed in an elaborately embroidered white gown with a headdress of gold set upon her braided hair. Her lips were painted violet, her eyes the same.

0dLWHkW.jpg

The Sith Empress.

She was facing the growing crowd that clambered for the tables set out before them. Behind her, just before the window, what looked to be a brazier just behind her. The deep, copper pan did not smoulder - it was seemingly unlit.

She stood at the head of another table, set with twenty four chairs, upon a landing that the throng of guests could not reach. There were two smaller ones to each side, awaiting the arrival of their honoured guests. Guards clad in ornate golden armour and violet cloak stood at the steps to ward them from the upper tables.

It had been a time of uncertainty for the Sith, the vacuum left by the failings of her predecessors. But there had been victories in the recent days - bloody, brutal, victories - and even if there had not been - they would have found reason to indulge. They were Sith, after all.

She took a single step forward, the motion causing her nearest guard to move in almost effortless synchronicity, their hands firmly gripping their pikes. She rest her hand on the table before her, the sunset cast upon her onyx lacquered nails, the firelight tumbling restlessly over the peaks and valleys of the tables’ grotesque.

Her golden eyes rose and caught the waving banner of Vahl, fluttering in the crowd, held high above the guests.

Soon, the rest would come.

Soon, they would feast.

Last edited:
IC: Queen Kevala
The Palace of Korriban

Scarlet dripped from the Golden Queen's frame in a gown that whispered with every motion. Gold rippled where the fabric folded with movement, a hypnotic vision to behold. Her sleeves dripped from the shoulder to reunite and compliment her tapered wrists. The porcelain, vine-like patterns of her Vraeling skin glinted in the torch-light and decorated her form more than jewelry could ever hope to. A golden tiara framed elaborately plaited curls; the metalwork was designed to mimic the trees reminiscent of her native city of Endarunel and the bright white jewels glistened like spring's blossoms.

"My love, we should ascend."

Kane's velveteen whisper reached her ears and she turned to smile at him. As a member of the Queen's Personal Guard, Kane's contingent of soldiers had been imperative to their victory. Kevala had not seen him in many months and relished the novelty of his presence once more at his side.

"One of these days I will wrest your freedom from our Empress so that you may reign at my side in Yavin," she murmured quietly to him, striding through the entrance of the Great Hall. She felt, rather than heard, his laughter as he walked alongside her.

"Perhaps," he returned. "Or perhaps you will abdicate and join me instead."

She hissed in disapproval and his laughter became faintly audible. As the ascended the dais, they fell silent. Shira fell into a steep curtsy before the Empress and Kane saluted his Lord Commander before bowing deeply towards Volshe. "Hail Empress! Tonight we feast with honour and victory in your name!" Shira proclaimed. Pride and satisfaction glowed from her glasz eyes as she grinned at Volshe. "May the festivities soon commence."

TAG: @Loharr Talem @Admiral Volshe

IC: Shalyx'har'zan & LT. Dan Squeakers

After Lady Kevala had passed him within the crowd, a Chadra Fan in an imperial officer's uniform breaks from the crowd, following her with a holocom in his hands. Making sure to hold it out in front of him so the guards knew he meant no problems he began to follow. Before getting too far however, he felt a tightness around his throat. As he dropped to the ground grasping at his throat the holocom fell from his grasp. The doors open once more to reveal the visage of a Star Dragon. As he approached the Chadra Fan, the pressure on its throat was released. In a low, deep, rumbling tone, he addressed the officer. "If I wanted you to approach my seat, I would have requested it of you personally. Pick up the holocom, and return to the crowd with the rest of them. Am I understood?"

After a quiet squeak of terror, the mousy man looked up to his Master in fear, and wonder of the fact that he was currently the size of a normal humanoid and not his massive self. "Yes my Lord! My apologies my Lord! As instructed my Lord!" He says as he rushes to pick up the holocom, while continuously saluting the Star Dragon. This particular individual after all was a Lord of the Sith, a sitting member of The Council, and most importantly to him, his Master. He had many a reason he did not want to anger him.

Upon witnessing the officer rushing back into the crowd, Shalyx began his approach the dais himself. As he approached he raised his jowl to show his sharp fang, and then nodded his head in respect to the Empress's Executor, Lady Kevala, whilst ignoring the guard at her side. Turning his gaze to the Empress, Shalyx made a slight bow, though it was a motion that did not come naturally, even more so as he had used Art of the Small on himself just so that he could be here. He would return to his normal size upon leaving, though currently he was uncomfortable at this size. "Apologies for the unneeded show, Divine One, but I will not allow my subordinates to approach my seat on this specific planet. Or approach you for that matter, unless you said otherwise." Grunting in discomfort, he continues. "With your leave I will take my seat."

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @DarthKevala

IC: Loharr & Teersa Talem

~~~~~

"Do I have to wear this silly get-up?" Teersa asked, fixing a stray strand of hair, affixing it with a hairpin.

"I mean... no..." Loharr said, putting his helmet on. "But you are the one who said you wanted to make a good first impression with the Empress, so..."

"I hate it when you're right." She complained, turning around to face her husband. "But did I have to wear heels?"

"Think of it this way... improvised stabbing implements." Loharr said, attaching his lightsabers to his belt and walking over to her, but before he could say anything more, the pilot droid, T-502 came onto the intercom.

"Master, we are entering Korriban's atmosphere now. We arrive in several minutes." T Said, as Loharr and Teersa felt the descent begin.

The two assassins stood in each others arms, simply holding each other as the Star Courier made its way to the landing pads at the Palace of Korriban. Upon landing, the loading ramp opened up, and the two strode out of the ship, locked at the arms. They made their way inside, passing numerous party guests, servants, and other... lesser... guards. There was a rhythmic clanking as they walked, as Loharr wasn't just armed with his lightsabers, but also with his lightpike.

T stayed behind in the ship. Partly due to his programming partly due to the fact that Loharr threatened to turn him into '... a molten pile of scrap metal with less value than a bundle of slag.' Consider that droid appropriately intimidated.

As the two assassins made their way to the dais, Loharr stopped their progress as they had reached the upper area.

"Why are we stopping?" Teersa asked.

"You aren't permitted past this section." Loharr explained, "I shouldn't be too long, but I can't be far away from the Empress during events such as these..."

"So you're leaving me alone in this crowded party full of strangers?"

"Trust me, the only people I'm worried about, are those who get between you and the the food."

She looked like she was about to interject with something, but simply smiled and nodded, giggling as she did so.

"Fair point."

"Besides, I'm only 15 meters away at most, 30 if you get adventurous." He added, as he headed off to meet up with the Empress at the dais.

He turned around once, only to see that Teersa was perfectly fine. Her dark gray and red trimmed gala dress revealing her heavily scarred back, which honestly still surprised Loharr, as she was always sensitive when it came to her scars. It was a bad period of her life and even he only knew scattered details about it. Though, he completely understood that she would share those details with him when she was damn well ready to. He was a patient man, so he could wait until then.

Turning back around and continuing on his way, he made his way to the dais, kneeling down before the Empress.

"Hail, Empress!" He exclaimed, before recovering and taking his spot behind her, offset to the right.

Loharr watched as many people came to wish the Empress well wishes and congratulations of victory. Lady Kevala and a member of her own Guard among them. The guard saluted him, and in response, Loharr saluted back, simply by snapping the light pike back to his right shoulder. His left hand shot up with his forearm parallel to the ground, the tips of his fingers on the shaft of the weapon. He dropped the salute when the other guard dropped his, and he and Lady Kevala continued on their way to do as they wished.

It wasn't all pomp and circumstance though.

There was a bit of entertainment as Lord Shalyx'har'zan seemed to berate and reprimand his lesser, a Chadra-Fan. The Shadow Guard had actually met the Chadra-Fan several times before, and if his memory served him correctly, his name was Dan Squeakers, a Lieutenant.

Back over with Teersa, she had obtained a glass of champagne and a small plate of hor'dourves. She wasn't sure what they were exactly, but she couldn't deny they were tasty.

~~~~~

Tags: @Admiral Volshe , @DarthKevala , @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: Dorrian Shadowsun
The Palace of Korriban

A warm breeze ruffled the edges of Dorrian's cloak as he watched several guests enter the palace, his position outside was a decent one as it offered him easy viewing of the palace doors. With the wind swirling and the fading light still stinging his eyes, he decided to make his entrance. The silver embroidery of his outfit catching the last vestiges of light as he ascended the stairs and crossed the threshold into the palace.

Having not been inside the palace itself before, once inside, Dorrian stood in awe at the architecture and decor that lay before him. The vast vaulted ceilings and chandeliers, the ornate columns and tapestries, the sheer craftsmanship held him in awe for several moments before he was able to gather himself and continue. Having been an apprentice to the Empress herself, he hoped that his presence here would be a welcome one among such honored guests.

Stepping to the side as Lady Kevala approached, having finished speaking with the Empress and descended the stairs, Dorrian bowed deeply and saluted as she passed, keeping his eyes lowered. Once she had passed, Dorrian continued his approach of the Empress, watching closely as the other guests mingled and conversed around him. Upon reaching the stairs he drew in a breath and ascended as far as he was allowed before saluting, fist across his heart, dropping to his knees and bowing his head.

"Hail to you this day, Divine Empress. I come before you in reverence to honor your ascension with feast and fun. May your reign outlast the light of the stars themselves." His voice rang in a deep, reverberating chant as he spoke, feelings of honor and pride filling the air.

He waited for a suitable amount of time before returning to his feet, fist still clasped across his chest. As he turned to leave his eyes flicked to Lohar, standing just behind the Empress, a small nod of respect before his back was turned. He descended the stairs and approached one of the mostly empty tables that sat off the side and found himself a chair near one of the immense columns. Draping his jacket over the chair before sitting, he watched quietly as more guests began to arrive.

TAG: @Admiral Volshe @DarthKevala @Hadzuska_The Jester @Loharr Talem
pirate 1.jpg

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom