Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training The Training of Padawan Umaya Kyrie

Darth Nathemus

King of Firefist
Staff member
Administrator
Jedi King
Dark Council
Jedi Council
Immortalis
IC: Kei Durron

The trek to Tython had been long and arduous, but even as the Jedi Order had been traveling and sojourning for weeks, they had not yet made it to their ancestral homeworld where they would again take up residence. For a Jedi Council Sage, a lot of Master Durron's time traveling was spent in solemn meditation. Some of his meditation was done solely inwardly, but much of it was done with one or many of his Holocrons. Through the use of his Master's Holocron, he could communicate with her even while she had long since traveled to the Netherworld of the Force.

Much of the communication between old master and old student would be lost to the innermost thoughts of Kei Durron, but what little was said out loud was quite powerful. "Master Saa," he said. "The Jedi and the Federation have largely been decimated. I'm struggling to find many positives to our situation, save our relocation to Tython," he concluded. And his Neti Master's response was equally powerful. She stated, "Remember back to my earliest teachings, Kei. Even in the darkest places, we must remain hopeful. The Dark Side wins by taking away our hope, but even in the bleakest situations, a glimmer of Light will overcome the Darkness. You are to be an extension of that Light."

As the communication between Master Durron and his Master in turn ended, the Jedi reached out his mind. There were many Initiates on his Cruiser, The Valor, this day, but one stood out among the rest. The Miraluka. One who possessed no physical eyes to see, yet was in tune with the metaphysical aspects of the Force like no other species. "Umaya Kyrie," his voice was not heard, but carried along the frequency of the Light in which only she could hear. "Come to my meditation chamber. Why do you seek to be a Jedi Knight? What drives you to be an extension of the Light?"

TAG: @Umaya Kyrie

Last edited:
IC: Umaya Kyrie

Tython...it was not a name that Umaya knew prior to being directed aboard this ship, but the very name provoked a buzz of adoration and awe within the other hopeful adepts. It was rumored to be the ancestral home of the Jedi order; a place as enigmatic and dangerous as it was powerful. Perhaps that was the very nature of the Jedi; to exist in places teeming with danger but to stand as stalwart as the mountains, to become beckons of hope and balance in the uncertainty.

Umaya would browse holos searching for the history of Tython, but she was limited only to audio recordings, and thus could only glean a handful of its expansive history. The precursor to the Jedi Order had once sent their young initiates on magnificent and dangerous pilgrimages across the planet, learning various aspects of study from 9 temples. Two of its moons were named Ashla and Bogan; respectively the concepts of Light and Dark. The planet seemed to wax and wane from the annals of history, at times a planet serving the brutal Sith sect and in other ages serving the Jedi.

During the evenings Umaya would spend long hours in mediation; stretching out and caressing each planet, star and system they passed during their exodus; trying to learn names, alignment and nature. She wasn’t strong enough to fully grasp all she sensed in the warp of hyperspace, rather she got stray names and vibrations; but it never failed to overwhelm her….how vast the galaxy was beyond La’hu; how complex life was beyond the Miraluka species.

It was during this mediation upon the vastness of the galaxy that Umaya heard the call; a voice sent through the very fabric of the Force. A summon! She knew its tone as Master Kei Durron; the owner of this brief sanctuary. His vibration within the Force was strong enough to leave a near tangible trail toward his meditation chamber. She hoped to hide the anxiety welling within her and keep her face stoic as she followed the glowing pathway of energy that led to Master Kei Durron.

When she’d found her way, and stood within the thrumming source of that radiant vibration, Umaya gave a low bow and answered his questions as swiftly as she could. Yet as she formed the words she found the answer wasn’t quite as brief and succinct as she had hoped.

“Master Durron, I have come to be among the Jedi because when I left my dead colony I truly felt the galaxy. And when I first felt it’s vibration I felt great anguish, despair and hatred sundering the galaxy to ribbons. It is my wish as I learn amoung the Jedi, that I shall become a beacon of peace, security and comfort. My parents were once Jedi…” she paused a moment to touch the violet crystal hung around her neck. “I know not why they abandoned the Order, nor why they suppressed the Force within themselves, restricting it to just sight. I do not believe they were weak...merely confronted by a darkness so terrifying they wished to hide and live as simple farmers. It is my hope that in time, when I am confronted with dark eldritch terrors I will draw from their silent strength and shine as a beacon of Light. It wish to become an extension of the Light, an extension of Ashla, because I have felt despair and death. I could do nothing when my village was ravaged by disease, and even comfort was rejected by those that feared the sickness. I felt each life snuffed out, and returned to the Force, but their souls were devoid of peace and acceptance. They died in immense suffering, confusion and agony. I wanted to despair as all I loved was snatched away from me; to rail against the Gods, to curse my inability to be of help….yet I resisted these urges. They were emotions wrought from fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering, as an old saying goes. I wasn’t able to care for the sick, so I buried and honored the dead, and made peace with their loss. It is my wish that as I step out into the galaxy, that I retrain that peace and when I find another that is suffering; that I may offer them hope. Be it with wisdom, or by defending them, I wish to be the beacon.” Umaya answered calmly, hoping the words were a proper representation of a calling she had not yet put into proper words. “And….there is the matter of my twin sister, I have not met her since we shared a womb. I do not know her touch, her voice or her name, but I fear she has fallen into darkness. That she is in pain, suffering and corrupted...I won’t veil words, nor suppress my thoughts when it comes to her; but it is my hope I may help her.” She admitted knowing full well the Masters had power over the minds of others, best she admit what might be a shatterpoint lest it unravels in a far more dramatic fashion.

Tag: @Darth Nathemus

Last edited:

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom