Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Formal The song to say goodbye

Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC: Dread Apprentice Zareel Jhenan'doka

Sith Academy

The idea had been hunting her for days, almost a year had passed since she had left her homeworld without having any kind of news from that place. Not because she didn’t want to, but because after becoming an apprentice, she grew interested in exploring her new life, the academy, her training and her house to care of what had been of all of them. But dreams related to a certain person in her past life had brought the memory and the desire to visit them back.

After considering it for a few days, she decided to borrow a shuttle from her house; after setting the coordinates her heart started racing, the complete journey was a salad of her trying to calm down and practising what was she going to say after seeing her; the source of her childish infatuation, that’s how the madam of the brothel called her feelings towards the beloved star of the show. Zareel accepted it like that, denying it would have been worse or would have made her think too much of what she really might feel. Even now, she tried to keep those feelings as hidden as possible, she only had to concentrate on closing that chapter quick, so it would no longer haunt her; one last farewell.

-o-

Balosar

The arrival caught her off by surprise; it was the first time spending the complete trip wide awake. Her departure of Balosar had been under the effect of several doses of Savorium and spice. “I was hoping to get more sleep”

The apprentice checked more than five times her belongings before descending and a lot more while walking to the old classic building that hosted the most important brothel of the zone. The big ancient wooden doors looked the same, even the same old thrandoshan guard was there, sitting on one of the steps while smoking with an absent look. “I’m sure Madam Jadiye told you to stop smoking during work.” Her voice unexpectedly rough, marking every word with more authority. In an almost funny reflex, the thrandoshan threw away the cigar; standing up with great speed while babbling excuses about how he hadn't taken his rest yet and it had been a long night. At some point, his ears nudged his brain, reminding him that the person speaking to him was not meant to be there. The big mole turned towards her, hugging and lifting her small frame, taking out the air from her lungs.

“Please, air…” She managed to mutter while coughing, in the best attempt to laugh. Once he finally let her go, she patted his chest smiling. “Vraikk, how are you? How’s everyone?” She opened her eyes wide holding one of his hands between hers.

“Madame Jadiye’s been a tad frail of health, but she'll be glad to see you.” Holding her by the shoulders the big thrandoshan guide her through the doors. Zareel noticed immediately that he didn’t ask anything of where she had been or doing, that was part of the rules of the establishment; excessive questions scare off the clients.

As the doors opened, the music she had barely heard from the outside filled her hears, the bumping on her chest brought her a nostalgic feeling of the days and nights she had to spend there. Half of the tables were unoccupied, but it was early yet, in a couple of hours people will start to arrive. At the bar, just the silhouette of the barman and an old woman contrast with the colour changing lights of the place. Zareel was nearly ten feet from them when the woman turned to face her, the severe eyes of someone who had seen the dance of life from the beginning to almost its end. A pair of antennapalps, slowly rising from the white hair of the venerable identify her as a balosar.

“I thought I’d see you on your death bed, not disinfecting your insides, vicious hag.” With a motion of her head, Zareel pointed to the glass in the old woman’s hand, full of whisky.

“This is my death bed, child” Jadiye patted the bar table with her wrinkled hand. The raspy voice of the woman was charged with the tough sounds of her mother tongue. “When the time comes, all have orders to burn me with the garbage and start a big party.”

“I should have wait till the party started to come then.” Zareel teased, leaning on the seat next to her, shrugging and waving at Vraikk when the madam hurried him to go back to his position. Once he was lost on the other side of the door, she turned to the old lady, forcing a smile to her after a long sigh. “I’m glad I was able to see you one last time, to be honest.”

“Me too, but we know you didn’t come to see me.” Zareel’s smile disappeared while she took the glass from the madam’s hand and emptied it on one shot “Calm down child, she’s on her room. Make her some company and go with her to visit her next client. But careful, she’s not the same girl you remember.” Frowning at her, Jadiye took back her glass asking for a refill. “You know how’s life. Some can take it; some take things from it, and some are taken by it.”

Zareel got up, opening her mouth to say something, but the almost imperceptible look Jadiye gave to her belt said more than any conversation could. Nodding she turned to the crimson lighted corridor at the side of the bar, walls covered with paintings depicting the most memorable workers of the “Sweet home” The last was the one of a Mirialan girl singing, wrapped in a delicate white linen robe; long black hair falling straight to her hips and yellow innocent eyes matching her sweet juvenile smile. Pulling a hidden handle in the wall, she accessed to the secret security corridors connecting all rooms. Upward, though the dimly lighted stairs, she arrived at a door marked with a metallic plate and a name on it.

Kuri, she had been the only friend she had for a long time, her confidant and comfort when life decided to kick her in a dark alley. She spoke on her favour to let her stay at the “Sweet home” after she saved the life of a prostitute who had a miscarriage. Was almost a child when they met, but knew how to treat clients; an expert to wrap them in sweetened words as the most experienced. Zareel accompanied her in the past when she was required to provide her services to much wealthier clients and needed to be guarded against obsessed ex-clients or people with a request out of the deal.

After a long and heavy sigh, the balosar opened the door, appearing next to the vanity; right in front of her was sitting smoking Kuri, or at least what was left of her. Her once shining hair looked opaque, dark circles under her once energetic eyes told the history of long nights without proper rest. The woman looked at her and took some time to recognize her; when she finally did, a vague trace of her innocence shone in her eyes. Jumping from her seat to hug her; she hugged back this time, not wanting to let her go, especially now that she could notice how thin she was. “Zaree, my Zaree. I thought I wouldn't see you again, I’ve missed you so much.” Kuri only let her go to kiss her both cheeks, grabbing her by an arm and dragging her to sit on her bed. Whilst she walked, Zareel noticed how languid her motions were, and as she signalled the bed to sit, she saw her arms, full of patches and needle marks.

“I think you’re not the last one clean in here now.” A smile that didn’t reach her eyes crossed her lips; Zareel always had seen her as someone pure, in a twisted way, considering the lifestyle they had.

“No no no… I need something to deal better with job…” Kuri’s eyes were empty looking at the mirror for a second. Instead of the enormous collection of makeup she used to have, now a landfill of what she had consumed adorned the table. “You definitely understand, you… do you? right?” Her cheerfulness was abruptly turned off, almost as if a switch had been pulsed and in the same languid motions than before, she got rid of the pale dress she was wearing, walking naked to the closet full of dresses and gifted by her clients. “You know, I have a new favourite now; he's been giving me some things that you’d like.” Kuri continue talking since Zareel remained silently looking at her, the balosar was having a painful mixture of feelings at the moment, between seeing her after so long, the changes in her life, the changes on Kuri’s life, seeing her naked. The only thing she was able to do for now was nodding like an idiot. “Would you come with me? For the old times?” Her lazy yellow eyes looked at Zareel and then back to the dresses; preferring one of gauze blue, a long delicate layer that left very little to the imagination.

“What happened?” Zareel rose from where she was sitting, reaching out her friend; hugging her from her back encircling her waist. “You told me you’d leave.”

“And lose all of this?” Kuri snorted releasing herself from the embrace of the sith apprentice and pointed to the closet and the jewellery she stoked there. “I’m not crazy, this is the best place I could be. I have everything I want whenever I want.” A small beep came from the bracelet on her wrist and she grabbed Zareel by the hand. “He’s waiting for me, let’s go.”

-o-

They had made their way to the outside of the city; with all the pollution, it was difficult to know what time of the day it was, but Zareel supposed it was nearly night. The journey had been uncomfortable, Kuri just drank and smoke the whole time, offering her some from time to time, but Zareel was too shocked by her change to accept.

In a clearing there was a ship waiting for them; in the ramp of a cargo shuttle, a middle-aged human dressed in bright colours extended his arms to greet them. “My wonderful Kuri, what took you so long?” The desire was painted in the face of the man, who gave a disapproval glance to Zareel, whispering at the ear of Kuri making her giggle. “I’m not paying more for your friend, dear. No offence, but you’re not my type.” Zareel rolled her eyes after noticing him winking and turning to look away while they kiss.

“I’m just her guardian this time; I’ll wait for you two here. Just two hours.” She pointed a stone and took a sit on it after remarking on the last words, lighting up a cigarra she watched them leave for the ship; in her head, there was still a fragment considering why she never had the courage to pay for Kuri or try something else with her. They have spent so much time alone in her room in the past, that Zareel was almost ashamed of the many ways she had contemplated to take advantage of her. But all would be over now, this was the end and she was going to continue her training and her life as a Sith.

Nearly an hour passed when she felt something was wrong, her heart started to pound in her chest and she ran towards the ramp getting inside of the shuttle. Raising her antennas, she noticed some hysterical screams coming from a compartment; she was about to interrupt something really kinky or the man was about to be in trouble. Through her connection with the force, she pushed the door, forcing it to open up; inside, Kuri was naked on the floor, in a fetal position crying and screaming for help, her bruised face looked back at her friend in a silent plea. The client, the favourite, the merchant was in the middle of an episode of uncontrollable rage, broken chairs and the swollen eyes of the sex worker was the only evidence needed. Without thinking, Zareel ran towards the man, unsheathing one of her tonfas, hitting him on the face and force pulling him out of the room by slamming it against the opposite wall.

“Zaree, Zaree… he wanted to kill me, and I don’t know why” Kuri was desperately sobbing and trying to cover herself with a blanket with her shaking hands. “He used something from his briefcase and went mad.” Zareel just tried to hug her and help to cover while checking the state of her bruises.

“We need to go; you’re not going to see this piece of bantha poodoo anymore.” Suddenly a clatter made her look backwards just in time. Igniting the tonfa, the apprentice drew a crescent moon, reflecting one of the blasts the man had just shot against them; shooting him back on the chest. When she turned to help Kuri, she noticed a wound on the girl’s right arm, at this moment she was so high that the wound took some seconds to be completely noticed.

“Kuri, sweetheart, I need you to wait for me here.” After sitting her against the bed, Zareel started to look among the belongings of the man for anything to handle the injures of her friend, but on the briefcase, there were just tempest doses, some spice and a couple of things she didn’t pay attention. Now Kuri was crying louder, after some minutes she had noticed the dead man outside the room and her wounded arm. “Give me just one kriffing second!” Zareel shouted leaving the room to search for a medic kit on the cabin, with a bit of luck she could treat her there and then take her back to the “Sweet home”. The screams and high calibre swearing she could hear on the distance from Kuri just made her think about how much people could change.

It was a complete disaster, but inside a box full of death sticks there was a small medkit with some basic items. “It’s enough for now…”

Once she returned to the room Kuri wasn’t where she had left her, but lying on the other side of the bed with a smile of relief on her face, holding a half-empty flask. “Zaree, I just needed something to relax, I’m fine now.”

“What’s that? Where did you take it from?” Kuri barely reacted to her words, even after shaking her; after a slap, she recovered partially her consciousness a bit more and with an extreme effort pointed to the corpse.

“He gave me this once… malle… no. It was mole flower” Babbling was all she could do now, her eyes almost closed, losing any energy she ever possessed; but on the moment Zareel tried to take the flask from her hand, was like all was back.

“Millaflower?” A slap crossed the balosar face. “Kuri, Calm down, please.”

“Get off of me, kriffing traitor! You left us! You abandoned me! ME!” Her yellow eyes were suddenly wide open as she knelt to face Zareel who didn’t understand what was happening. “WHO WERE YOU? YOU’RE NOTHING, NOBODY LEAVES ME!” An expression filled with disgust faced Zareel. “Did you really think I was with because I was your friend? Because I liked you?” A mocking snort crowned her words. “You were the easy way to be protected, nothing else, but look at my face now… who will pay for me now?” Heavily she got up and walked towards the mirror checking her face.

Inside Zareel there was a lot happening, disappointment, sadness, deception… rage. The balosar lift her head from the floor she had been looking at and stared at the one who had been her second precious person in the universe. A painful smile came to her lips, sighing she held onto the bed to stand up, directing her steps towards the girl. “You just need some rest, you know me, ill do anything to save from anything.” Leaning beside the mirror facing her, Zareel gestured to the flask. “That made you feel better. You should take some more; at home I’ll fix you.”

Kuri forced a sweetened face, nodding, accepting the deal and drinking all that remained in the flask. Zareel smiled back, again it didn’t reach her eyes. Her friend slowly started to lose the balance, looking at her for help, but this time no one would give her a hand. The balosar remained leaning on the wall watching how the system of the Mirialan was slowly shutting down. Zareel's face was changing from a smile to a gloomy look, but she remained still until she was certain of her death. “I came to close this chapter, now has been done.”

Without giving up to was she was feeling, methodically she took the corpses out of the ship and put them together next to the rock where she had been waiting. She sat for some minutes next to Kuri’s body and cried out her feelings until her eyes were red and no more tears were coming.

After abording once again and giving a quick look to the back of the ship she noticed how it had been adapted to act as some type of greenhouse to artificially maintain the environment for the production of various plants, mushrooms and on the side a counter to synthesize them. That apparent ramshackle cargo ship had surprisingly turned out to be a mini-laboratory for synthesizing and distilling illicit substances.

Returning to the cabin, she checked if it had the necessary to go back to the academy, “Sweet home” wasn’t her home anymore. “I should’ve known better…” she muttered after finally cooling down and started the engines to leave.

Before setting the course, she gave a quick glance to the back; the storage section still had room for more things; chewing her lip, she leaned on her seat considering what to do. “Why not…” After departing, she sent a message to her master.

“Master, I may have something for you.”

@Catalyst

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom