Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

The Initiate Brother

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
Character Backstory: Apprentice Loharr Talem

Key Moment: Joining the Khoonda Brotherhood

Year: 145 ABY

~~~~~

Odsalna’s Cantina was having a slow day. Maybe a total of 15 patrons had come in and out over the course of several hours, almost half of the day actually. It was so slow in fact, that Odsalna found an opening large enough to go make a private call to an acquaintance of his.

Leaving the bar for a few minutes, Odsalna made his way to his private back room, closing the door and locking it behind him. He went over to the holoterminal and set the frequency to a friend of his. There were several seconds of silence before a woman answered.

“Hello, Odsalna. Strange to be getting a call from you.” The woman said.

“Perhaps, my old friend, perhaps….” Odsalna responded.

“Any chance this call is you wishing to come back into the fold?” She asked.

“I’m afraid not.” The Weequay answered, “Instead, I may have found a new recruit for you. Though, only if you promise not to get him killed.”

“I can’t do that, Oddy, and you know it.” The woman answered, “You know how our organization works. The risks we take on as a part of our livelihoods.”

“You… you are right.” Odsalna answered, “I can send the boy to the mansion next rotation. He is out on a job at the moment.”

“Boy?” The Woman inquired, curious. “How old is this recruit you found for us?”

“He is 13.” Odsalna replied, seeing the disdain and uncertainty on her face. “But he had already proved to be a skilled assassin and bounty hunter.”

“That’s awfully young, Oddy.” She said, “He might very well get killed.”

“I think you will be pleasantly surprised, Marelen.” Odsalna said, “I will send him your way. The rest is up to you and the boy.”

Odsalna ended the call before Marelen could get another word in, edgewise. With his business in the back being concluded, he returned to the front, where he was pleasantly surprised to see not only had business picked up in the few minutes he was gone, Little Loharr was back as well.

“Little Loharr! Come, come. I have a proposition for you.” The Weequay exclaimed, calling over the young Bounty Hunter. “It will be well worth it, I promise.”

~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

~~~~~

There Loharr stood. Beneath a towering Blba Tree, the crumbling remains of what appeared to be a small town some distance ahead of him, a mansion in the middle of the town in roughly similar shape. He was a little uncomfortable with this whole proposition.

Whenever Odsalna had him do stuff, it was always trivial and menial. Never anything of import, not to the Weequay or to the Cantina in which he ran.

What was the stupid Weequay having him do this time? Fetching some special brews from long destroyed worlds? Retrieving stolen inventory? Or was he paying him to simply buzz off for an entire day.

That last one wasn’t very likely, seeing as this location was quite remote and detailed to be wasting time.

Before he could think of more possibilities, the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He quickly turned around, drawing his shortsword, only to have it clash with a loud, metallic clang with another sword.

“My, my…. Oddy was right about that… You are skilled.” The Woman spoke. “I was as silent as I could be, and I almost had you.”

“So that damn Weequay sent me here so that you could kill me?” Loharr asked, “I won’t go down easy, lady.”

The woman let out a chuckle.

“I’m not here to kill you.” She said, “Well, not deliberately at least.”

“What do you mean?” Loharr inquired.

“Odsalna contacted me because he thought you would make a good addition to our organization.” She said, “So far, it seems he was right.”

“What organization? Who are you?” Loharr asked, a little more hostile this time.

“It seems this Little Cub has more bark than bite…” She said, chuckling some more. “How interesting.”

“I’ll show you ‘bite’!” Loharr exclaimed, pulling a knife off his belt and stabbing it forward, towards her.

The woman effortlessly grabbed the young assassins’ wrist, squeezing and yanking it to the side, forcing Loharr to drop the blade. She dropped her own short sword, as she raised her right leg, kicking straight ahead at the young bounty hunters’ chest.

Loharr stumbled backwards, dropping his sword to the ground.

“A paltry attempt, but unexpected.” She said, “I was expecting an attack with your sword, not a secondary weapon. Perhaps there is hope for you yet.”

“What are you talking about lady?!” Loharr asked furiously, “You’re dodging my questions.”

“Not really, but if you must know…” She said, “My name is Marelen Bateiso, and I am an Assassin. I am a founding member of a secret order of like minded killers and assassins called the Khoonda Brotherhood, and Odsalna called me to recruit you.”

“That sounds stupid…” Loharr said.

“Perhaps, but the perks are rather fun.” She said, “Full autonomy once you become a fully fledged Brother. You do what you want, when you want. Kill whoever you want, though we typically deal with gangsters and other underworld parties. Not to mention the pay is decent.”

That all intrigued Loharr. Freedom and pay. Not unlike his current situation, but he did feel trapped, being forced to operate out of Mosa Town, as it was the only place that had any he could refer to as ‘friend’.

“What other perks are there?” He asked.

“A free place to sleep. A support network of information and other killers....” She answered, “And I’m pretty sure Odsalna will let you eat at his place for free if you join up.”

“Free food?” He asked, “Seriously? Odsalna is stingy as hell.”

“That is true, but he is loyal.” Marelen said, “Even if he is no longer a part of our group, he still recognizes our work as part of the way the Galaxy works.”

“And if I say yes right now?” Loharr asked.

“Then I take you to the mansion and you begin your training.” She answered.

“Total freedom, right?” Loharr asked.

“Should you make it, yes.”

There was a tangible silence between the two for several moments. A brisk wind began to pick up, forcing the surrounding tall grass to bend and bow as the pulses of wind. There was also a subtle sound of flapping fabric, as the clothing on both assassins flowed freely in the wind.

“I’ll do it.” Loharr said.

“Good.” Marelen said, holding her hand out for Loharr to take. “Welcome, Initiate Brother.”

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom