Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training The Apprenticship of Kratos

dragonsith13

Emissary of Death
Immortalis
Draconis
Krayiss II

The inner sanctum of the grand cathedral of the House of Tenebris was bathed in the light of one of its two moons. The cathedral itself was devoid of torches and firepits, things that one might think to normally light a sacred temple or hall of such design, yet by design it was only ever the normal light of day or the casting moonlight that served to illuminate this sacred place of the House of Tenebris. The cathedral had been designed to align with both of this world’s moons and their cycles. At specific times of these cycles and when the two moons align in particular fashion, certain sections of the cathedral would be illuminated and draw out ritualistic designs and ceremonies.

Tonight a good portion of the main chamber was illuminated stretching from the altar all the way down to the large set of onyx chamber doors that opened outside onto a broad set of white stone stairs that marked the entrance to the cathedral.

The staircase was one of the first things seen by those who arrived after traveling up the mountain path from the outposts and facilities down the mountain. The Headmaster stood at the top of the white stairs, awaiting the arrival of one that intended to answer the calling of the shadows.

@Darth Kratos

Last edited:
OOC: we will conduct a mix of IC and OOC exchanges for your training. @Darth Kratos

I am posting your first set of tasks here to be answered, additionally you can respond in turn to the above IC post separately. PM me with questions as necessary.

1- What does it mean to you to be a Sith?

2- Why did you choose to follow the darkside? Take the path of the Sith and not the Jedi or Grey?

3- Recite the “Sith Code”. Explain it in detail. How do you think and feel it applies to you and your characters?

4- With your knowledge of the Code and your growing interest in the force. Explain to me what the force is? Where was it first seen or recognized in the galaxy? What are the earliest known practitioners of it? Light and dark.

5- Name your top ten favorite darksiders and Sith, for the first five, go into detail why you chose them and describe briefly their importance to the darkside, galaxy, and or Sith.

OOC:
Bows
Thank you, sir! Am I to take it that you are my Master? Or, am I still being interviewed?

IC: Ingh’rayne Bordst

Rayne was sitting in a large chair in the cantina, imbibing his chosen beverage. He'd finished the first exercises he'd been given and was waiting for contact from his "House." Thus far, there hadn't been anything. Though, perhaps he hadn't been listening.

He put down his ale on the side table. He straightened up. Closing his eyes, he settled himself into the Force. Indeed there was something. Some... direction. He needed to follow it.

He stood up and threw one strap of his backpack on a shoulder. He was about to leave when he remembered his tab. He circled back and threw some credits on the bar for the bartender.

When he stepped outside, he closed his eyes, again. That gave him his first bearing. He briefly considered taking his ship, but decided against it. It was walking for now.

He walked through the village, and out of the village. Time to take another bearing. He stopped and closed his eyes again. It was stronger... that way. He didn't see a path that direction, but perhaps there was one he just couldn't see. He turned and followed his senses. They seemed to be leading to a mountain. Yes, one in particular.

He found he was finally on a path. It was a winding path up the mountain. He put on the other of his backpack straps to make it more comfortable. He closed his eyes and sensed. Yes. He saw in his minds eye a temple and white stairs. Dead ahead, up the mountain. He started to climb.

It was nearly dark when he came to the stairs. There was a figure at the top. He did his best (but likely failed) to contain his excitement. Rayne walked up the long set of white stone stairs, finally coming to a stop on the third step down. He threw his backpack to the side and kneeled. "Master," he said reverently.

Tag: @dragonsith13

OOC: @dragonsith13, Do you want all of them at once? Or as I complete them?
OOC: You can complete them and submit them in whatever interval you would like. Once you complete all of the ones on the "table" in a sense I will assess and we can potentially move forward with more, depending on if I am satisfied with your responses.

OOC: Finally getting some time to check in. We've had COVID in the house, so my available time has been nil. Hoping to pick back up soon.

1- What does it mean to you to be a Sith?
Freedom. Having Force Sensitivity is rare, but not impossible. Though, what is the point of having Force Powers and not using them? I want to be able to choose what powers I use for myself without some "Master" telling me I can't because it's mean or bad.

2- Why did you choose to follow the darkside? Take the path of the Sith and not the Jedi or Grey?
As was stated before, I want the freedom to use the Force as I see fit. That is not the Jedi way. Could it be the Grey way? Possibly, but there isn't anyone around to learn that. For now, I want to learn all there is about the Force, and that's only possible through the Sith.
OOC: I do think I, personally, would be "Grey." Perhaps Rayne will find he truly is Grey down the road. No one knows their destiny.

3- Recite the “Sith Code”. Explain it in detail. How do you think and feel it applies to you and your characters?
Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

"Peace is a lie. There is only Passion." - to believe in peace, one has to believe that everyone is willing to put aside personal wants and needs for a greater good. That won't happen. Never has. Never will. In any "utopia" there will always be someone willing to subvert the "greater good" for their personal gain. Usually that's the person in charge, he'll just mask that sledge hammer in silk to make the whack feel better.
"Through Passion, I gain Strength." - by believing that my passion, and others along with it, will lead to better things, I will follow what is natural and right to its own natural extension. If someone's passion doesn't pan out, it's OK. There are others passions that will carry the organization to its power. Consider in our own universe the corporation known as IBM, International Business Machines. Each division of IBM explores its own passion, trying to explore it to its own end, trying to bring it to its own power. If that division fails, the rest of the organization won't because there are other passions waiting and working to take the fore.
"Through Strength, I gain Power." - an extension of the previous concept, saying that, by working on my passion, I will eventually be able to find personal power in my expertise.
"Through Power, I gain Victory." - How does the Sith succeed? How does it gain Victory? By supplanting the Light Side as the prominent ideal in the universe. There's no real need to "replace" the Jedi. As a matter of fact, having them exist makes the Sith a stronger entity by acting as a sharpening stone.
"Through Victory my chains are Broken." - What chains? What is restraining me? What is holding me back. That would be anything where a higher-up says, "avoid that. That's a bad thing." Who defines a bad thing? I grab someone's throat and throttle them. That's a bad thing. Unless that person is a rapist or a thief. In that case, I'm acting in favor of the oppressed. This is the same reasoning as Batman in the DCU. Superman, of course, is the light sider, always being on the side of truth, justice and the American way. But what happens when that justice sets Joe Chill free on a technicality? Where's the justice then? Sometimes those chains aren't forged by bad things. Sometimes they're forged by good things, restraining our truer nature.
"The Force shall free me." - It allows us to use our natural powers to be what we can be. It doesn't tell us something is wrong or bad. It allows us to take the action we know is right because we know it's right. It allows us to be our own determiner of that right. At the same time, it allows others to be the determiner if our actions are right or true. We can be taken to power if we become the bad part of the Galaxy Far Far Away.

4- With your knowledge of the Code and your growing interest in the force. Explain to me what the force is? Where was it first seen or recognized in the galaxy? What are the earliest known practitioners of it? Light and dark.
I have always wanted to know the full depth and breadth of the Force. There is no light. There is no dark. What there is is the Force. That really points to the Grey, but they don't really exist.

5- Name your top ten favorite darksiders and Sith, for the first five, go into detail why you chose them and describe briefly their importance to the darkside, galaxy, and or Sith.
So, I approached this from the standpoint of "If I know the name, in my extensive reading, then they're a favorite." That's not really a great way to approach it since I haven't read many, if any, of the comics, but there it is.
  1. Plagueis - He is my ideal Sith. He believes in his Force Sensitivity and what it can give him. He wants to explore all of what it can give him. Really, he wants to be left alone to experiment with the Force. I really enjoyed reading about him capturing that assassin and torturing him to death, bringing him back and torturing him again. He wanted to see the depth and breadth of the Force, what it provide. He did participate in the long-view of the Sith, though, and raised the one who would finally defeat the Jedi: Darth Sidious. One can be an idealist and still have a forward-looking view of their ideals.
  2. Vestara Khai (and a good deal of the Lost Tribe) - I love Vestara. Always have. I loved reading about her in the Lost Tribe novels. I loved reading about her in the adjoining SW books. She was, in my mind, the quintessential Sith. She would smile to your face, yet slip a glass knife into your gut while you were distracted by her beauty. She not only did this more than a few times, but she did this to the Grand Master of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker. Not just once, but many times. Granted, he was blinded by the wild danger of Abeloth. But, still, he saw she was a danger and kept trusting in her, time after time. He lost control of his own power in deference of believing she could be something she was not. She was a Sith, through and through.
  3. Darth Vader - The reluctant Sith. Why did he join the Sith? To save his loved one. Not for personal power, for his love. He stayed with it because of the power it provided. He stayed with it to provide stability to the galaxy. He said the ruling powers should be "made to agree" by "someone wise." He found that wise one when he found Palpatine. It wasn't until much later that he saw otherwise and overthrew his former master. During that time, he was a Force. When he battled the Dark Lady, he defeated her with his overwhelming power. When he battled Darth Maul, he defeated him with his hatred of himself. He was a sad portrayal of Sith, but compelling in his complexity.
  4. Varner Hilts - This is a difficult choice. The way of the Sith is to desire power. "UNLIMITED POWER" as Emperor Palpatine said. But Hilts diminished himself for the benefit of the Lost Tribe. Does that make him a Sith? In name only, but he was a Sith. Let's call him a SINO. But for purposes of this list, he qualifies.
  5. Rain, AKA Darth Zannah - Bain's first apprentice. She was an unknown Force-sensitive that found out in a wonderful, awful way what Force-sensitivity can really do. Her first Force effort: genocide. She killed a race of beings known as the Bounders, light-side Force-sensitives who were really just a dog or a cat: pets. In her sorrow, she joined Bain in his quest to bring the Sith to their ultimate power. She lived with him and learned from him in ways that someone could not do with the Jedi. She learned the fullness of the Force.
  6. The Son - He was dark. Truly dark. He had his sister, The Daughter, to represent light. They were balanced and countered by The Father.
  7. Darth Tyranus - Elegance in a Sith personified.
  8. Darth Sidious - Yes, I've listed the master under two of his apprentices. He was good. Very good. He rose to power with the support of the Jedi. No small feat there. In fact, he blinded the Jedi. And, even in death, he survived. He came back in clone form to try to overthrow the galaxy again. The only reason he's not in my top five: he failed... twice.......... so far.
  9. Ulic Qel-Droma
  10. Exar Kun
The last two deserve more than just a mention. They were the real architects of what Darth Bane brought about. They represented the opposition to the Jedi and the light-sider way. Until them, the Je'daii were the only way to learn the Force, and a narrow-minded way of doing it. They became the Alpha of the Sith.

Feedback - I will give you time to complete the one incomplete question as well as the additional questions at your leisure. Make sure you are keeping a track of your prestige total in your signature.

1- +1 prestige

Freedom is a good way to term it, however many would say Sith are slaves to their passion and that the Jedi are able to free themselves equally but just in a different way. As far as a Master, we all need masters, yes you can have an oppressive Master that stifles your growth for their own selfish means, hoping to string you along enough to make you useful but below being a threat to their power. Initiative, creativity, and thinking outside of the conventional learning relationship are sometimes the only choice an apprentice has. At that point many times it is up to the ambition of the apprentice and whether they are clever enough to beguile their own master into giving them what they need. Take what you need from your Master, and never outshine them until you know you can overtake them.

2- +1 prestige

Freedom again, be careful of invoking it to the point where its true nature is watered down and incorrectly applied. Every action creates a reaction, which means every action has a cost. Good or bad. What is more important is the ability of a person to recognize their own path and determine what best suits them skill wise as well as what things are going to develop them the best. Play to your strengths.

3- +1 prestige

Every force needs an equally powerful force to elicit the strongest reaction.

4- (awaiting award once you finish question)

Balance is essential, but can also breed complacency. One has to dip their toes so to speak in the extremes sometimes to gain what is needed to evolve.

You need to follow up on the additional questions in this^^^ you did not answer it fully.

5- +2 prestige

The Lost Tribe books are an excellent read, and a very interesting view into what could be considered an isolated experiment. The interesting thing about that story is that you can see how the power of those Sith plateaued due to the nature of them one, being at the top for so long and two, them being unable to acquire additional knowledge and having to rely on everything they already knew to hone their knowledge of the force and darkside.

Tax Season is done, so getting back up on the horse. Thank you for your patience.

- I have always wanted to know the full depth and breadth of the Force. There is no light. There is no dark. What there is is the Force. That really points to the Grey, but they don't really exist.
- The Force, according to George Lucas and Ep I, is us living sybiotically with microscopic organisms named "midichlorians." I really don't like that definition. That separates us from the power itself and puts it in the posession of those organisms. But, he needed a way to quantify it for the movies, so he's forgiven. It is an energy that surrounds us and penetrates us. We, as Force sensitives, have the ability to control it, not just be affected by it. Some are more capable than others, just as some can resist it and others can't. Really, we have not much of an idea what it really is. Some have done experiments to try to determine that, Darth Plagueis in particular. I don't know that anyone has made as much progress as him. He was able to create another being: Anakin Skywalker. Though his research is all but lost, as far as I know.
- (Last three parts of the question) There's a few origin stories of the Jedi and the Force. The most recent puts its origin on Ilum, a few thousand years BBY. The story I prefer, though, was from the red-skinned species known as the Sith. They were from Korriban. The first of the Republic citizens to be exposed to the concept of the Force were Gav and Jori Daragon. They travelled to Ziost in an early hyperspace vehicle. They were brought back to the Republic space by one of the red-skinned Sith, Naga Sadow, to help the Sith take over the Republic. This instigated the Hyperspace War. During this time, Sadow had one of the most incredible ships in the GFFA, in my opinion: a Sith Meditation Sphere. Though, I digress. A group of Force Sensitives called themselves the Jedi assembled and defeated the Sith. They brought the Sith worlds of Korriban and Ziost into the Republic as a whole.

5. Final two discussion
- Ulic Qel-Droma - He is a complicated specimen. To put it simply, he was the first example of someone being brought back to the Light side. Though the main books / movies don't recognize this. (Shame on you, Master Yoda. Don't know your history!) He was a jedi in the early history of the Jedi. He was loyal to the Jedi and to his master, Arca Jeth. Though he took the death of his master hard, he volunteered to undertake a solo mission to get inside the group that killed him. Quite a foolish thing to agree to, in hindsight. Qel-Droma was still young in the Force and was turned by dark-sider group, the Krath. He ended up becoming their leader and led more than a few attacks on the Jedi and sympathetic worlds. During one of those attacks, though, he killed his brother, Jedi Knight Cay. This rocked Ulic to his core. He left the Krath and took himself to an uninhabited world. Another Knight found him, though: Nomi Sunrider. She felt that exile wasn't enough. She stripped him of his Force sensitivity.
- Exar Kun - He was a contemporary of Qel-Droma. Kun also started out as a Jedi Knight. As a matter of fact, Qel-Droma joined Kun as Sith Lords. Kun was apprenticed to one of the most unique Jedi I know of: Vodo-Siosk Baas. Jedi Baas could be on this list, too, though I'd have him down among #s 18 or 19. Exar Kun was allowed to study the Dark Side while at the Jedi Temple. While doing that, he became turned, himself. He left the temple to find some other dark siders. He came across Freedon Nadd's spirit on Yavin 4. Nadd viewed him as a means to an end. He wanted to come back to full sentience and saw Kun as a way to bring him back from the spirit world. He failed in this attempt, though Kun was also trapped spirit-wise in the temples on Yavin 4. Kun, himself, did make a comeback. While trapped on Yavin 4, one of the new Jedi under Luke Skywalker, Kyp Durron, was influenced by Kun. It took the combined effort of Skywalker, his other apprentices and Kun's former master, Baas, to put him down finally and free Kyp from turning to the dark side, himself.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Staff online

Members online

Back
    Top Bottom