Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Smuggle This!

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
Character Backstory: Apprentice Loharr Talem

Notable Kill: Vanja Rowse

Year: 144 ABY

~~~~~

“Ah! Little Loharr, a pleasure to be seeing you here, in my establishment.” A gruff, coarse voice rang out, drowning out the sounds of any other patrons there. “But I do not see your mentor…. Where is Ms. Dana?”

Loharr didn’t care much for being called out, picked out of a crowd. In fact, he kind of hated it. Whenever attention was drawn to him, it always meant something annoying for him, and since Dana wasn’t with him today, an annoyance was all but guaranteed. With no other choice, he turned to face the Weequayan bartender, who was the proprietor of the establishment, having acquired it some days prior.

“Dana is out on a job, Odsalna.” Loharr responded, more than a bit annoyed. “What do you want?”

“What? I can’t just speak to my friends for old times sake?” The Weequayan said, a little insulted. “I’m insulted.”

“We met two days ago…” Loharr said flatly, “and I’m not your friend.”

“Fine, fine…” Odsalna said, stepping out from behind the bar. “I have a proposition for you. Come, come!”

Now Odsalna was heading to a back room, and letting out a sigh of annoyance, Loharr admitted he was curious. So he followed. Upon entering the back room, Odsalna closed the door behind them, locking it so that no one could get in… or out. That last train of thought put Loharr on the edge a little.

“What is it, sleemo?” Loharr asked, annoyed.

“You know… people would treat you nicer if you used your manners.” Odsalna retorted.

“I could stab you and leave…. I have no problem doing that.”

“I think I can handle a 10-year-old-” Odsalna got cut off.

“12-year-old.”

“Apologies…. 12-year-old. Anyways! I have a job for you.” He said, gleefully.

“I don’t do bar chores.” Loharr said, almost angry.

“Why I would never, EVER, insinuate such a speculation!” Odsalna exclaimed, setting down a small device. It was a bounty puck, which got Loharr’s attention. “I have someone I need dead.”

Loharr didn’t answer the Weequayan, just nodded.

“Anyway, it's a smuggler who has been really messing with my supply lines from Garang lately. She keeps high-jacking my shipments, killing my crew, and selling their weapons, armor, and MY merchandise!” Odsalnda explained, getting a bit heated.

“I don’t see where I come in….”

“I’m getting there, little one.” Odsalnda answered, before continuing. “I need you to remove her from my supply lines.”

“To kill her.”

“Hey! I said no such thing, but….” Odsalna began to act coy. “Should she expire during her next sales meeting…. That’s just a hazard of the job, I suppose.”

“I’m in.” Loharr answered, snatching the puck.

“Excellent. Last I heard, she was in the Mogato Grasslands, where she has a small shop set up.”

“Good to know.” Loharr said, exiting the cantina back room, and eventually, the cantina as a whole.

Now admittedly, he had no clue where the Mogato Grasslands were. Though, after ‘finding’ a speeder and asking around Mosa Town and the surrounding farms. Turns out the Mogato Grasslands weren’t far at all. Perhaps half a days’ ride from Mosa Town. So, Loharr thanked the farmer who pointed him on his way, and began to head towards his destination.

Half a day later, with the sun almost reaching its setting phase, Loharr arrived in the Mogato Grasslands. It took a little longer for him to locate the target, as it seemed her “shop” was a mobile one. It was a cargo speeder, which Loharr managed to flag down, and got it to stop. A side hatch opened up, and out popped 5 individuals. One of them matched the hologram on the bounty puck Odsalna gave him.

Vanja Rowse.

She stepped forward, ahead of the other minions at her disposal as Loharr approached in his speeder, parking it, and jumping out. This threw off Vanja for a second, she never got potential customers who were so…. well, young. A child purchasing weapons was a rather preposterous notion, but credits were credits.

“Welcome! How can we help you, young man?” She asked, a rather chipper tone in her voice.

“I uh….” Loharr said, suddenly acting nervous. He wasn’t actually nervous, he was merely acting. Selling a bit. “I need a blaster…”

This seemed to throw off the rest of the members of Vanja’s crew, but Vanja only heard the clinking on nonexistent credits. She extended her arm, leading Loharr over to the cargo space of the speeder, opening the door to reveal a wide selection of blasters. From small pistols, to large rifles. It was quite impressive to be sure, but blasters never interested Loharr, though he could use them. Around the front of the vehicle, Vanja’s associates had put music on, playing it a bit loud and began to play a card game of some sort.

“You want a blaster, we got blasters!” Vanja happily exclaimed. “We got big’uns, and we got little’uns. Whatever you need, providin’ you got the credits to be payin’ us.”

Loharr put a surprised, yet excited look on his face. He already knew how he needed to get this job done. He looked up, spotting a small, silvery blaster pistol with a bulbous tipped barrel. He reached up for it, but his height made it obvious he couldn’t reach it. So, Vanja reached up and grabbed it for him, handing the silver blaster to him.

Upon receiving the blaster, he immediately took notice of the ‘stun’ setting on the blaster grip. Perfect. He subtly flipped it to ‘stun’, and as Vanja was going off on a tangent, explaining the blaster and how it worked, Loharr carefully pointed its muzzle towards Vanja. She was so into her explanation, that she never even noticed it happening.

Loharr pulled the trigger, and several blue rings shot forth from the weapon, very quickly hitting the smuggler. The look of shock and surprise on Vanja’s face was quite entertaining and enjoyable for Loharr, but he still had a job to do. Before Vanja’s body hit the shelves behind her, Loharr quickly pulled a knife from his sleeve, and stabbed at the easiest accessible area of her body.

Her leg.

The knife blade sliced into flesh, along the inside of her thigh. Pulling the blade back, Loharr got splashed in the face by a spurt of bright, red blood. Its warmth quickly dissipating, turning to a chilled feeling as it ran down his face. It appeared he had hit an artery, as made apparent by the bright, red blood and the spurting.

Vanja didn’t make a sound. She was shocked by what had just happened, she didn’t know how to react. Either that, or the stun effect from the blaster hadn’t worn off.

Using Vanja’s overcoat to wipe the blood from his face, Loharr began to flee. Slowly making his way back to the speeder he had taken earlier. He was even so cheeky as to wave to the other smugglers as they played their card game.

Jumping into the speeder, Loharr took off, a course set for Mosa Town, and the cantina. He was hungry. As he rode along, he would think about what food he would get from the cantina to sate his hunger. He was so deep in thought, he would miss the fact that he was being chased by the 4 smugglers who were with Vanja Rowse.

It was sunrise the next day, by the time Loharr had gotten home. On top of being hungry, he was now tired…. More like exhausted.

As he exited the speeder, a red blaster bolt flew past him, exploding into a burst of flame and smoke a few feet from him. He turned to see the angry smugglers, and all he could do at the moment was nothing. He was actually scared now. They had the advantage of range, and he did not.

Just as Loharr was about to accept his fate, another blaster went off. This time, it was right near him. He opened his eyes to see one of the smugglers was now hanging over a cargo crate, a small wisp of smoke rising from his body.

“Looks like I still have a thing or two to teach you about losing a tail….” A familiar voice said, as Loharr turned his head to see Dana next to him.

He didn’t say anything, he was just relieved that he wasn’t dead. Then, from behind him, he heard the unmistakable sound of a blaster charging up.

“I hope you vagrants weren’t trying to hurt this poor, young boy.” Odsalna said, aiming a heavy repeating blaster at the smugglers.

The smugglers were very quick to change their tone, quickly retreating after seeing they didn’t have the firepower to match what Odsalna and Dana had brought to the table. Dana, Odsalna, and Loharr waited, hardly moving a muscle until the smugglers were well out of sight.

Inside the cantina, Dana bought Loharr some bread and stew, along with some water. She and Odsalna got into an argument, with Dana nearly stabbing the Weequayan. According to her, it was against their agreement to send Loharr away on a solo assignment from him, at least from what Loharr was able to understand.

After Dana and Odsalna were done arguing, she returned to where Loharr was seated, slowly and nervously eating his food.

“Am I in trouble?” He asked, nervously.

“Not at all, Loharr. Not at all…” Dana answered, patting his back. “You did very well. I’m proud of you.”

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom