Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

One Shot Samael Training the Next Generation

Darth Cold

Dark Council
IC: Samael, the Lightbringer & Special Guest @Voidwalker
Setting: Several months after Kain’s return​

The Flame’s Fury had landed once more on Tanalorr after being gone for more than a week. As the ramp descended Samael was not alone like he was when he initially set off. There was now a Mandalorian in armor painted black and red, and a pauldron with the symbol of a flame that matched the golden amulet Samael wore around his neck.

_tfbfoeUgQ2FJbUbP99G_m_iCgYZ9NUslEe9cF8RdX4vgu_-g2Mczt9V-Q0AGJdancG39H0D6aKVK9SZXtndautWUJFXAMIkEA2HUCW4pzBhmfF39ZttfaKIoG0ftSeCeX7vvO8MUB8GDy_09ddxfIc

As Samael began his descent, the Mandalorian scanned the area, tense in the new environment. “Jamie, relax.” Samael advised. “You are among friends here. You have nothing to worry about.” He said as they made it to the end of the ramp.

As if on cue, Ash came from behind the ramp with a training sword, attempting to slash his Master whilst unaware. But Samael caught his hand instead, disarmed him, and then kicked him hard enough in the chest to send him backwards.

The Mandalorian, who had just done as advised, was shocked at what just happened that they fumbled with their blaster pistol still in its holster. “Calm yourself Jamie. While my apprentice thought he had me unaware, I knew he was there. No harm will come to you unless you start it.” He then turned to Ash whose sour look said everything on his mind. “You are trusting too much in your physical ability. Feel the Force around you, use your emotions and harness it.” He then chuckled. “And try not to pick an obvious ambush point next time. Go tell your sister to meet me in the courtyard in an hour.

After Ash retrieved his training blade, he went rushing off to find his sister. Samael then turned back to the Mandalorian. “Go explore, help out where you can, train, or just relax.” Samael dismissed them.

After talking to a few people, Samael stopped to grab something to eat, and then found himself in the doorway of where Lord Voidwalker was studying. After taking a bite out of an apple, he spoke up. “I heard you haven’t been seen for a few days. Figured you could use something to eat. If you want something with a bit more taste, you’ll have to go find it yourself.” Samael said as he tossed a ration over to the so-called Cursed Champion.

The ration landed on the floor at the edge of his leg, the sound of the wrapper crinkling across the stone floor was annoying enough to break his concentration. Samael’s voice was easy enough to tune out, much like that of a nagging wife. But the crinkling of that wrapper was too great an annoyance, much like Keldro when he was overly excited about something. Voidwalker opened his eyes slowly but surely, as he let a long sigh fall from his lips. Reaching up and touching the top of the Holocron, the small image of the Holocron’s guardian faded away as all other light from it extinguished. “What exactly is it that you want Samael?” Voidwalker asked without ever laying an eye on him.

Samael shook his head as he witnessed the ration hit the ground. “Well, I heard you were missing in action for a few days. Just wanted to make sure you were alive, and had a bite to eat.” He was sincere, Voidwalker had made an impression on him, and he just wanted to see him continue to be there for his family.

Missing in action? Are you sure you’re not looking for Kain? He does seem to have a knack for that.” Voidwalker emotionlessly responded. No malice, no resentment, no…nothing. “Don’t you worry Samael, I’m sure he’ll show back up, right when you need him. He has a talent for that too.” This time Voidwalker’s response seemed more familiar and friendly.

At the mention of Kain, Samael’s cheerful facade fell. “I wouldn’t know. Not really.” He said with no emotion at all. “But I’m glad to see you are alright. You should get some air and spend some time with your family for a little bit. The weather seems nice enough for it.” He tried to put on his facade again, but just couldn’t get it right in mid conversation like this.

Thank you for your concern, Samael. I assure you that I’m quite alri….wait a moment. You said missing for a few days? Exactly how long have I been missing for?

Samael chuckled as Voidwalker finally caught that. “Three, maybe four days. I don’t know for sure, I’ve been gone the past week. But it’s the common consensus from what I have heard.

Three or four days you say? It feels as if I’ve only been sitting here a few hours at most.” With the realization of what Samael had told him, Voidwalker noticed his stomach wailing a siren’s song begging for food. His joints were stiff from sitting for as long as he had. Slowly he uncrossed his legs and attempted to stand. Grabbing the ration kit in one hand he started to rise. The joints in his knees gave an audible pop as they straightened out. Standing to his full height, he could feel his back grinding against itself as he moved. Internal sounds of crunching rang out from within his body. His neck was tight and it was painful to look from left to right without turning his body. “Now that you mention it, my body does feel like it hasn’t moved an inch in days. Perhaps I’ll go and get some air or something better than one of these rations. What do you have planned?

Samael actively cringed as he heard Voidwalker’s joints move. When he finally stopped, the cacophony of bones moving finally took a minuscule silence enough for Samael to register what Voidwalker had said. “Like I said, if you want something better to eat, more power to you. But my plans for now are to check on how my apprentice’s training has progressed whilst I’ve been away.” Aster came to mind first, seeing as he had just embarrassed Ash a little while ago.

Ah yes those twins, you’re split sides of the Force project. How’s that coming along?”

Samael thought about that for a moment. “Ash needs more work, but then again, he has his own purposes. Aster, however, she has taken to her lessons quite nicely, and has been focusing well. Between you and me, I think she’s got more talent than her brother when it comes to their training.

That could be the case, or it could be that you simply haven’t found the right motivation to get through to him yet. As for the girl, I’m glad to hear that she’s taking the training seriously. As long as she keeps applying the lessons and her training, I’m sure she’ll be fine. Just keep in mind, that by splitting their training into two different views of the Force, you don’t split your own views. You need to remain firm and be what they’re both striving to be. Remember the pecking order, you have to stand above all else in their eyes. Even if they’re below the dirt.

Ash, still needs to learn that he still has much growing to do. Neither you or I got to where we are now without our respective training. He seems to think that he should have it all mastered immediately after it being explained right before.” Samael sighed in frustration. “Aster however, takes the time to listen. Study. And most important of all, practice the lessons. You might be right, I might have to change my approach for him, but I’ll need some time to come up with a proper conclusion first. I appreciate the advice.

I appreciate you coming to retrieve me from my solitude,” Voidwalker said jokingly. “But if you need any help with the boy, I’m happy to help or provide assistance. If you can’t seem to find that one little thing that truly pushes him over and gets him to get motivated, just let me know. That’s something I am good at, is finding that one little thing that gets them. I’ve come to find that if nothing else, the possibility one losing one’s life or the life of someone they’re close too really seems to do that trick.” Voidwalker’s familiar demeanor seemed to slowly fade away before a darker presence seemed to take its place. “Let him know that you can or are willing to kill him or his precious sister at a moment's notice. That, you could snuff her light out in less than a second on just a whim if you wanted. Let alone his. I’m sure that’ll get him motivated to straighten up and train.

As Voidwalker’s demeanor got darker, Samael didn’t feel comfortable with it. He must be pretty hungry. Some food should help him. Maybe a candy bar.I’ll keep that in mind. But I won’t keep you any longer. You must be starving.” Samael mentioned as he moved out of the way of the door.

Glad I could be of some help Samael.” Voidwalker said as he once again seemed to be his more normal self. “I am pretty hungry. I didn’t notice it before you arrived. I really need to go eat something, perhaps I’ll go find Arach and eat. Hopefully, then I’ll feel better, and get some food.” After Samael moved out of the doorway, Voidwalker took his first step in days as his stiff hip joint cracked loudly. The pain shooting around his leg and into the pelvis. It was an odd sensation, it was only slightly painful with the tingling release of tension as his next steps were with no resistance. He exited the room and was on his way to find his wife and some food.

That last little bit didn't make sense to Samael, but he just chocked it up to Voidwalker being a little confused after being sequestered alone for so long. Samael shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the courtyard to meet with Aster.

Ls-orange-yellow.png

As Samael walked into the courtyard, he saw Aster sitting on the ground with her eyes closed, trying to focus on his past lessons. As he got closer her leafy green eyes opened. “Good evening Master Samael.

Samael gave her a small smile. “Good evening Aster, I see you are already hard at work on your training. Please, continue.” Samael sat down across from her, folding his legs and closing his eyes.

Calm your mind. Feel the Force around you. Do not fear what you may see. Accept it. The Force gives you what you need, nothing more, nothing less.” Samael coached as he two began to meditate.

Visions began to flash before Samael, all based in his past. “Fear is just one way to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” He saw his childhood, times he was beaten by the other younglings who saw him as a monster and a freak. “You may see your past, accept it for it can not be changed.” He witnessed his Jedi Master burn, followed by his first Sith mentor burning. “You may see a possible future. Accept that it may happen. The future is fraught with different pathways. What you may see, could just be one of many future possibilities. But if you get too focused on it, you may find yourself on a pathway worse than the one you try to avoid.

He found himself on Korriban. The True Sith had started their attack on the Temple. They were in the tunnels. Hadzuska was burned by the lava. Kain had sacrificed himself. “Accept what you see, remember it.” He was in a battle alongside others. Their faces were blank, but he remembered the battle. So many lost their lives. So many fell by his blade, and by God’s Will.

He then saw Cole’s worried face as he ran into the flames to try and save him just before the poor boy turned to ashes. And then he saw what he witnessed every time he tried to sleep. His battle with Shalyx. He could feel the rage and anger from his old friend. All the negative emotions, they all came at once, swallowing Samael up. He began to hyperventilate before remembering his own training. Balance is found in the one who faces his guilt. What had happened, happened, there was no changing it. He had done what needed to be done to protect others. He ended the life of one of his oldest friends not out of hate, but out of love. His breathing slowed as he opened his eyes.

Aster was looking at him with worry. “Master Samael, are you ok?” Apparently she had noticed him hyperventilating.

Yes. My past has not been an easy one. Even your teachers may have their own faults. It’s how we work through them that helps us continue on our paths. An old saying comes to mind. One must let go of the past to hold on to the future. What has happened, happened, we can not change it. We must accept it and move on. Though even with training that part can still be very difficult, but should be remembered regardless.” He exhaled hard as he stood up. “I think this is a good stopping point for the lesson though. Remember to keep practicing. Tomorrow I have something else planned for both you and your brother. Get some rest.” Aster bowed to Samael as he dismissed her and ran off. He stayed there for a few more minutes, taking in the silence, and the crackling of the flames that surrounded him. He was remiss in his training, but practicing it once more was both exhausting, and comforting that he remembered it all, at the same time.

Ls-orange-yellow.png

“When we rescue others, we rescue ourselves” - Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Season 5, Episode 8

Ls-orange-yellow.png

As Samael walked back to his ship, he looked back to the temple, and could have sworn he saw the unmistakable visage of Lord Kain through one of the windows, walking with someone else just out of view to know who it could be. But nonetheless Samael still felt a twinge of guilt upon seeing God’s Avatar.

When he got into his living quarters on his ship, and the door was closed, he screamed out in anger and frustration. “WHY!?!?” He slammed his fist down onto a desk accidentally leaving a scorch mark. When he looked up he saw his visage in a mirror looking back at him, tears welled up in his eyes. “Why? When he needed me most, why was I unable to be there to save him? It should have been me. I DESERVED DEATH, not him.” The tears began to wet his face.

If I could have been there… It would have been better if it was me. Cole, Kya, Matt, Orion, and all the others that chose to follow my teachings of God, They all died because I cared about them and they for me. Hadzuska died. Master Allunk Soss died. Even Shalyx died because of me. Why am I such a failure?

As he bowed his head and closed his eyes, a flash of a vision of Apollo appeared in his mind and disappeared. He wiped the tears from his eyes as the flames dried the wetness from his face, and crackled. “I’ll keep him safe. It’s the least I can do. Even if I’m not there at the time, all he ever needs to do is call, and I will protect him. I can’t fail again. I’d rather die.

With that Samael climbed into his bed and fell asleep into his restless nightmares.

Ls-orange-yellow.png
“Never give up hope, no matter how dark things seem.” - Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Season 5, Episode 20

Ls-orange-yellow.png

The next morning Samael exited the Starship, bag over his shoulder, and entered the training grounds. He saw Lord Volacious commanding over his men as they trained, waiting to finish the supply run so that he could eagerly return to the forefront. He thought he saw Lord Voxyn monetarily rushing off with something, most likely for another project. He respected that the Lord kept his mind busy. It might be a good way to try and cope with pain, Samael wasn’t sure as he couldn’t stop his mind from returning to those memories if he wasn’t physically busy. He did feel bad for the Lord though as his sister was still healing from her injuries from months ago. Samael made a silent wish for a speedier recovery for her. He saw Lord Voidwalker’s wife, Lady Arach, training their daughter in lightsaber combat. Samael still didn’t know much about Lady Arach, she seemed nice, but he felt it was just a front. Having been around other Sith long enough, he knew quite a few had a public facade that hid who they truly were. Scarlet though, Samael thought she was a sweetheart when he first saw her. One of the few times he saw a genuine smile from Lord Voidwalker was when she was around.

As he continued to scan the training grounds he found Ash, once more practicing with his training blade. He seemed to have been at it for a while as he was covered in sweat. Once he approached Ash dropped his stance and bowed to his Master. “Good morning Master.

Yes, good morning, good morning. Where is your sister?” Samael asked, still scanning the training grounds.

Disaster? Probably still in her sleeping quarters. Said something about a dream she wanted to reflect on. I didn’t really care, as long as she’s not getting herself in trouble.” Ash replied in his overprotective brotherly way.

Samael only chuckled at that before responding. “I won’t say I’m not disappointed. I would have preferred you both here. But while we wait.” A training blade raced out to Samael’s outstretched hand. “We will see how your practice has gone for your training.

Ash moved into his Shii-Cho Stance. “Strike.” Samael effortlessly blocked it. “Strike!” Once more Samael effortlessly blocked it. “Strike!” There was a look of annoyance on Samael’s face when he effortlessly blocked again. “BLOCK!” The change in order was so abrupt that Ash was almost unable to get the blade up in time to block Samael’s blow, and even then he staggered backwards from the sheer strength and power Samael put into it. But Samael wasn’t done. “Block!” Once more the blade came down hard, sending Ash down to one knee as he did his best to stave off the blow.

Samael backed off and twirled the training blade. “You are only going through the motions. While knowing how to do them is fine and all, you need more than that in combat. Use your passion! Let it fuel your strength, and in turn your strength fuel your power. Through Passion we gain Strength. Through Strength we gain Power. Through Power we gain Victory. Through Victory our Chains are Broken. Without Passion you will never attain victory in battle. You told me you will do anything to protect your sister. The way you fight? I don’t see that happening.” Samael witnessed a flash of hatred cross Ash’s face before it was hidden away.

Just as Samael was getting ready to continue his lesson, Aster had finally arrived to save Ash from more bruising from his Fiery Master. “I’m sorry, I’m late, I know. But I was focusing on your lesson, and I was reflecting on my dream from last night and trying to see if there was anything I could learn from it.

She would have kept going but Samael raised his hand to motion her to hold her tongue. “It’s alright. It gave me some one-on-one training time with your brother,” Samael turned his gaze to Ash, “who I hope learned something from it.

Yes, Master, you have given me much to contemplate on.

Good. Then it wasn’t a waste of time, and your sister has nothing to feel guilty about. Now put the training blades away and join us by the tree over there.” Samael motioned to a tree on the corner of the grounds.

As Ash made his way to the tree as directed by Samael, the Mandalorian that came to Tanalorr with him also approached the tree, but remained silent. “What’s he here for?” Ash asked with an untrusting look at the Mandalorian.

Samael smirked. “They are waiting for me to give you my direction, before requesting a sparring session with me.” He looked at the Mandalorian. “Correct?” He was given confirmation with only a nod. “There you have it. Anything else? Or are you ready for me to give you your task?

Ash relented, and sat on the ground beside his sister. “Excellent. So as you have probably noticed by those around us, Sith, and Jedi commonly carry a weapon known as a lightsaber.” Samael ignited his orange blade. He twirled the blade a couple times before taking a stance befitting a Soresu Master. He breathed, calming himself before deactivating his blade.

Showing off the hilt he continued his lesson. “This weapon represents your life. Losing your weapon is akin to losing your life.” The hilt opens up to show off the components inside. “Normally I would take you on a quest to find your own crystals, which power the blade. But as your training is being fast tracked, I went and brought you each one of your own. I do recommend searching for one that suits you later on, but for now you’ll have to make do.” Samael handed them both a crystal before opening the bag he brought with them. “Almost all Jedi and Sith have their own unique style that they use for a hilt that they are comfortable with. From how I was raised, mine tends to be a more basic model. These are all components I gathered for you to put together your own, which is your task for today. Do not rush yourselves, every piece needs to feel right. When you are done, it needs to feel like it is a part of yourself. Now get to it. If you need advice, I will be on the training field.

Samael motioned to the Mandalorian to join him as he walked away from his eagerly working apprentices. “I can tell you’re bored even with that helmet on. You are going to have to be patient, we might be here awhile.” As they got into an adequately open space, they turned to face each other. “Feel free to use your tools, just try to avoid anything lethal.” Samael grinned and winked.

They began with the Mandalorian moving first, attempting to make contact with a punch to the gut, barely missing as Samael dodged, subsequently tapping on their helmet. The Mandalorian followed up immediately by trying to sweep Samael’s legs out from underneath him. Samael seemed to move instinctively jumping over the Mandalorian’s sweeping leg.

A crowd started to form around them where someone pointed out that Samael was fighting with his eyes closed. The Mandalorian swung again, aiming at the side of Samael’s face, but found nothing but air as Samael swept their own legs out from under them. As the Mandalorian stood up they fired a cable, meant to wrap around Samael and hold him still, but he caught it and pulled the Mandalorian into a clothesline. Before they could even stand, Samael brought his fist down fast on their diaphragm, stopping a hair's breadth away from connecting.

This went on for hours as Samael focused his trust in the Force. As time went on he began to get slower, his reflexes were there, but the exhaustion of exerting himself for so long began to assert itself. The Mandalorian was starting to get a few hits in before he called for an end to their sparring match.

Thank you for the match. It was educational.” Samael gave a respectful bow to the Mandalorian, to receive a respectful nod back.

As he walked back to the tree and his apprentices, who were sitting in the nice cool shade, Samael stretched. Once he got closer he saw they were nearly done. Aster’s hilt looked more like Samael’s. Basic, though a little more elegant. Ash’s blade however, was that of a killer’s. He had somehow come to the conclusion that the blade might not always work, so he added small blades around the top of the emitter just in case. Samael couldn’t fault him for that, it was the way of most Sith to be paranoid and ready for battle. Samael waited another hour for them to finish working before requesting them to hand over their lightsabers for inspection.

Aster handed over hers first. As Samael noticed earlier, it was a basic chrome and bronze design, though she seemed to add a couple bronze leaves for an aesthetic, though Samael was surprised to see she had also added a bronze flame to the aesthetic as well. Since he took them under his tutelage he had not taught them about the religion of Fire, only that of the paths they were taking. It was touching that this respect to him was shown. He then activated the leafy green blade to make sure it worked properly. He swung the blade around in the basic form of Shii-Cho, listening to make sure the blade wasn’t going to be unstable. Satisfied he deactivated the blade and handed it back to Aster. “Well done, young padawan.” Aster smiled and slightly blushed at the comment.

Samael then turned to Ash and outstretched his hand waiting for him to oblige like his sister. He seemed to hesitate before relenting. After watching what his Master had done with his sister’s he realized he was just making sure that it was built correctly and in working order. Samael studied Ash’s hilt. In contrast to the chrome and bronze look that Aster had chosen, Ash had gone with black and chrome. “The blades on the emitter are an interesting choice. Not something I personally would have gone with, but it fits your path.” As Samael continued to examine the hilt, he noticed another flame design like on Aster’s hilt, only this one was chrome. They both were sentimental it seemed. Samael was proud that they both trusted him enough to honor him like this. Then activated the crimson red blade, once more swung the blade around in the basic form of Shii-Cho, and finished his observations of the lightsaber before deactivating it. “You have done well. Though I shouldn’t have to say it, do mind that your sharp additions don’t harm you by accident.” Samael said as he handed the lightsaber back to Ash.

I am proud of you both. You have taken the next step in your training. Do not lose them, it could just mean your lives.” Samael reminded them before walking away. Not even several steps away, Samael heard the unmistakable sound of a lightsaber activating behind him. It was second nature, Samael’s fiery orange blade activated to defend against the aggressive blow from Ash. Samael’s pride in his apprentice’s accomplishment was washed away by innate rage at that same apprentice attacking him with anything but a training blade. A training blade hurts, but it wouldn’t kill like a lightsaber. Samael blocked the fast aggressive blows, one after the other with well practiced movements.

His face showed his anger growing with every blow that he blocked. And then it happened, Ash’s movements began to slow as he exerted too much energy. Samael turned from blocking to attacking. The flames that surrounded Samael glowed with a heat that Ash had never felt before. The blows from the devaronian kept getting stronger and stronger, pushing Ash backwards, and down to his knees, just to be able to fend off the barrage his Master unloaded upon him. “THIS IS NOT A TOY! IT IS A WEAPON! YOU ONLY USE IT TO ATTACK THOSE YOU INTEND TO KILL!” Samael kicked Ash’s lightsaber from his hand, and knocked him flat on the ground. The fiery orange blade centimeters from Ash’s neck Samael continued. “If you EVER attack ME again with that new weapon of yours. I won’t hold back. I won’t just focus on just hitting your blade. I WILL END YOU!” He growled in anger. “I don’t want to see you in my presence for the rest of the day. Am I CLEAR?

Y-y-yes M-m-master.” He uttered, cowering in fear. “Never again. You won’t see me again for the rest of the day. I’m so sorry.

Good.” Samael turned once more and made his way back to his ship, everyone in his way giving him a wide berth to avoid the heat from the flames that surrounded him.

Last edited:

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom