Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Improper Ordnance Disposal

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
Character Backstory: Apprentice Loharr Talem

Notable Kill: Sor Dest

Year: 148 ABY

~~~~~

Four people sat around the table in the backroom of Odsalna’s Cantina. A newly installed holographic projector displaying a map of Garang, two buildings were highlighted red. Around the table stood four figures. One of them was Dana Carrana. Another was Loharr. The third was Odsalna himself. The fourth figure happened to be someone whom Loharr didn’t particularly like very well.

A certain Mandalorian, now without his helmet.

“Can someone explain why this moron is here?” Loharr asked, harshly pointing at Nero.

“This ‘moron’ has a name you know…” Nero said, a little insulted.

“And his name is ‘Moron’ for the time being.” Loharr retorted, “Now explain why he is here.”

There was a brief silence between the small group. Dana was the one to speak up and break the silence.

“Because I requested he be here, young one.” She said, “Reckless as he may have been in your last encounter…. Nice work by the way.… on the fire and the kill, his skills as a triggerman will be very necessary in this job. As the both of us make our way to our targets.”

Loharr didn’t take well to that statement. While it was true that he did call for the assistance of Dana and another, he really didn’t expect, nor want, the help of Nero. Eventually he let out a sigh of contempt and annoyance. If Dana saw fit to bring Nero, then he would have to agree, albeit reluctantly.

“Fine.” Loharr hissed, “I can always kill you later.”

“D’aww…. I love you too.” Nero said, shooting finger guns over at Loharr.

“Before we kill each other, can we get through this damned briefing?” Odsalna queried, “Yes? Great.”

Odsalna clicked a button on the projector remote, and the map zoomed in on the two buildings that were highlighted. The first was a small warehouse and the second was a highrise.

“Dana and Loharr, you will be going after the top brass of the Red Ring Syndicate. Loharr has specifically stated the head honcho is his and his alone, which means, Dana, you’re to clear the rest of the brass at a meeting in their warehouse.” Odsalna explained, “Nero, you’re to provide overwatch for the two of them. Loharr already knows all of this, since it was his plan and I was here only to explain. Also, it’s my cantina, I like to be part of things like this.”

“Oddy…?” Dana queried, cocking her head at the Weequay.

“Yes, Dana?” He asked in return.

“Shut up.” She snapped, “Now let’s go on to Garang.”

“Awesome.” Nero said, as the three of them moved out from the cantina.

The group embarked into their speeders, all separate, onwards to Garang. It was midday when they began, and sundown upon their arrival. Without another word spoken, the three of them went their separate ways, heading to their positions to wait for the time to strike. It was a simple mission for both Dana and Nero, but for Loharr, he simply needed a distraction.

That was the only reason he recruited them.

His mission was the elimination of Sor Dest, the head of the Red Ring Syndicate, of whom he killed their top Bounty Hunter 3 years prior. They had gotten exponentially more dangerous in terms of criminal politics, and acting under orders of Reidric, Loharr was tasked with her removal. He gladly accepted the mission.

In all honesty, he didn’t care about the other leaders that Dana was going after, it was just a bonus for him. If more of the lieutenants and whatnot of the organization were killed, that would induce further infighting. A win-win in his book.

Nero was an unforeseen variable. He still despised him after the last job they had together. If he screwed up this time, he would kill him and clean his hands of the fool once and for all.

Making his way to his target building, Loharr made his way in. It seemed to be just a standard apartment complex. An admirable front for a despicable organization of murderers and smugglers. Though to be fair, Sor Dest also had a habit of blowing up her competitors, so he didn’t exactly put it past her that she might even do so to her own men.

Quickly pushing the thoughts from his mind, Loharr couldn’t afford to let himself get distracted. He made his way into the main lobby of the building, which was mostly empty space, save for a single desk and receptionist. Loharr walked over to him, adjusting his gaze to see him properly.

“Do you have an appointment?” The receptionist asked.

“I believe I do. The schedule should say ‘Mr. Ralvieg’.” Loharr said, lying through his teeth.

“Alrighty, let’s get you checked in… oh! I’m sorry, you aren’t on the schedule today.” The receptionist said, before glancing up at him accusingly. “At all, actually….”

This wasn’t an issue. He expected this. He set his left hand on the desk, waving his fingers around a bit, as he used the Force to compel the receptionist.

“Are you sure? It says right there, ‘Mr. Ralvieg, Evening Meeting’.” Loharr said.

“Of course…” The receptionist said, now rather flat toned. “The lifts are just passed me, Mr. Ralvieg. Ms. Dest is on the top floor, in the Penthouse Suite.”

“Excellent.” Loharr said, casually strolling around the receptionists desk. “Oh…” He waved his hand once more. “You never saw me. I was never here. Mr. Ralvieg doesn’t exist…”

“I never saw you… never here… you don’t exist…” The receptionist echoed, as Loharr stepped onto the lift.

Loharr cracked a smile as he watched the, now dazed, receptionist try to resume his work. It was rather comical, to be honest. Just as the lift doors closed, Loharr pushed the button to take him up, not quite to the top floor, but close. If he got spotted, he would need an explanation, and that Mind Trick.. Er… trick, wouldn’t work on the people higher up the building. At least that’s what he suspected. If there was even a slight sliver of a doubt that something like that wouldn’t work, he couldn’t risk it.

So, he stood in the lift. Quiet. Plotting out the rest of his route, a simple task, really. Around halfway point of the building, the lift stopped and two men stepped in. Tall, muscular… modified with cybernetics. They immediately took notice of Loharr, what with him being the only one in the lift at the moment.

“Going up?” Loharr asked, trying to stay in what small sliver of character he had developed.

“Indeed.” One of the men said, as they stepped in, the other pressing the button for the Penthouse.

“Going to see Ms. Dest?” Loharr inquired.

“We are…” The second man asked, a little suspicious. “You?”

“Same.” Loharr said, sticking to the story he fed the receptionist.

There was an awkward silence in the air after that statement.

“That’s strange…” The first man said, “I don’t remember seeing another on her list of meetings for today.”

“Well I assure you, I am here to meet with Ms. Dest.” Loharr said, telling the truth this time.

“Is that so?” The second man asked, as the lift door opened, revealing the floor which Loharr had initially set to arrive at. The men turned around, the first cracking his knuckles, the second reaching for something. Possibly a weapon.

“It is.” He answered, Pushing both men forward with the Force, forcing them from the confines of the lift, he stepped out immediately after. “But it seems another meeting just found its way onto my schedule…”

The two men stumbled, now infuriated. They both pulled short swords out, and acting quickly, Loharr threw two knives passed them. The men both let out a hearty chuckle.

“You moron! You missed us.” The second man said.

“Did I though?” Loharr asked, pulling his arms back.

“Wha-” The first man managed to squeak out, before the blade of the knives found their way into the spines of the two men. They both dropped to the floor, dead before actually reaching the carpet.

“Meeting adjourned…” Loharr said, turning around to see the lift close. “Best find another way up then….”

Loharr stepped around the deceased cyborgs, making his way around the corner, after retrieving the two knives from the dead mens backs. Rounding the corner, immediately stopping as he heard men coming around another corner. He paused trying to see where he could hide, but he couldn’t. To his left was a wall, and to his right there was a floor to ceiling window. Not many options there.

The men rounded the corner, spotting the young assassin easily.

“Hey! Who are you?” One of the five men asked.

Dammit. His story of going to meet with Ms. Dest wouldn’t work here…. He wasn’t anywhere near where he was supposed to be for that.

“I’m… new.” Loharr said, figuring out something to say.

The men clearly weren’t convinced by that, as one of them in the back tilted their head, eyeing the hand at Loharr’s side. He hadn’t noticed it himself, but blood was dripping down from the blade, dribbling over his knuckles, and dripping to the floor. He in turn saw them charging their blasters.

“Ah, hell!” Loharr exclaimed, throwing the knives again. They flew through the air, the first knife missing its target, the second landing a hit on the shoulder of one of the men.

A scream of pain roared through the air, as Loharr reached down to his belt for more knives, but by the time his hands were up and ready to throw, the blasters were already aimed directly at him. It seemed his body was lagging behind what his mind was processing, as his arms continued to glide forward.

During this moment, Loharr’s perception of time seemed to grind to a halt.

The knives were frozen in mid-air, the look of bellicosity upon the faces of the Syndicate Gangsters, his inability to move. Only to observe. Their blasters were set to take deadly aim, and he knew it. The look of the barrels was too clean, too smooth to be missing. Loharr could feel his lungs deflating. He could hear his heart thumping, mid-beat.

This was it. The day he would die. Oh well… It could definitely be worse.

He closed his eyes, time still frozen to him, accepting the fate that was laid out before him. He waited now. Though, for what, he knew not. Time didn’t seem to resume. His lungs remained as deflated as they had been, his heart was still mid-beat. He had heard many things about agony. Many of them, being directly tied to pain, to torture... but this wasn’t that.

This agony was waiting for a death that would not come.

Then, with a shattering sound, the scale of time seemed to resume, as a cacophony of grunts and cries, as more shattering sounds came, accompanied by yellow flashes. Loharr opened his eyes, astonished by what he saw. Before him, sprawled across the floor, were the freshly made corpses of the five men who were just about to kill him.

Looking around, the young assassin searched for clues to how they died, before his eyes met with the shattered windows that made up the massive floor to ceiling windows to his right. He stepped forward to peer through them, getting immediately blown in the face with wind so strong, he staggered backwards. Covering his face to protect from the harsh winds, he looked through the window, and that’s when he saw it.

The reason behind his survival.

Some distance away, gingerly tucked behind the stock of a blaster rifle, lay the Mandalorian, Nero Threnn. That cocky bastard was giving a wave to Loharr. Naturally, the young contract killer returned the favor. Though… instead of a wave, it was a rather offensive hand gesture.

Not two seconds later, Loharr heard the sound of a blaster firing, and a yellow bolt soared through the air, narrowly missing the rude hand gesture. Raising an eyebrow, Loharr lowered his hand, moving on his way.

As he searched for a way up, stairs or something, Loharr found a storage room. He got an interesting feeling, like something in the room needed to be seen. So, he went in. Seeing the contents of the room, Loharr allowed an evil smile across his face. Taking the mystery item, Loharr pushed it around on a repulsor cart until he found his way upstairs. There was a service lift that allowed him.

The Penthouse Suite was rather cushy. Well decorated, fragrant. Gentle music filled the air. As he reached the center of the Penthouse main floor, he stopped and waited. Maybe a minute or so passed, and a middle aged woman with greying hair came into the room. She let out a terrified shriek, before composing herself.

“Who are you, and what are you doing in my home?” She shrieked.

“Sor Dest?” Loharr inquired, stepping out from behind the cart.

“Yes…?” She answered.

“Good.” He responded, raising a device in his hand, “This is where you die…. Unless you pay me.”

“P-pay…?” She asked, confused. “O-of course…. There are credits over there, in the briefcase.”

She pointed through the room, to a nearby table, where there was indeed a briefcase. He still held the device up, reminding the Crime Boss of what he would do. Looking into the briefcase, he confirmed it was full of credits. Perfectly stacked chips of gilded surfaces, aligned just right, perfectly fitting inside the briefcase.

“Pleasure doing ‘business’.” Loharr said, slightly sarcastic in his delivery of the line.

He backed out of the room slowly, stabbing the control panel of the repulsor cart, and it dropped to the floor with a solid thud, followed by some metallic rattling. That action made Ms. Dest give off the most shrill scream Loharr had ever heard, but he paid it no mind. He backed out of the room, returning to the main lift, and made his way down.

He walked free, simply walking passed the receptionist from earlier, who was staring blankly into the screen in front of him. Poor sod… oh well, not his problem anymore. Leaving the building, Loharr looked up towards the top floor, and seeing that he was a fair distance off, it was likely safe to perform the next part of his plan.

To be fair, it was improvised, but this was poetic justice at its finest.

Loharr looked down at the device in his hand, its blinking red light in the center of it. He smiled, and without a second thought, pressed the blinking button. Above him, there was a massive explosion, which ripped through, not only the Penthouse Suite, but the nearly a dozen, if not more subsequent lower floors. A large plume of fluffy, black smoke rose into the sky, fire dancing and illuminating the upper portions of nearby, neighboring skyscrapers.

Sor Dest was dead, and so, it was time to return home.

As he made his way back to where the speeders were, he saw Dana and Nero were already there. Setting the briefcase upon his speeder, Loharr told them the job was finished, and that it was time to move out.

On the way back home, one scene kept playing over and over again in Loharr’s mind.

The men in the hallway, blasters trained on him, ready to deliver that fatal blow. But instead of him dying, it was the men, and all thanks to the Mandalorian he had insulted not 13 hours ago. Perhaps the Mando wasn’t completely incompetent.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom