Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Death of a Rodian, Birth of an Assassin

Loharr Talem

Legendary Member
Character Backstory: Apprentice Loharr Talem

Importance: First Kill

Year: 139 ABY

~~~~~

Tired. Hungry. Covered in dirt and filth. It has been only a few months since his parents were killed. The image was still fresh in his mind. The brilliant, yellow blade of the Jedi's lightsaber as it pierced through his father's chest as the stench of burning flesh filled his nostrils from his mothers' fresh corpse.

The moment his father fell to the floor lifeless, Loharr ran. He grabbed his stuffed Iriaz doll and sprinted for the back door of his families' farm house. He ran, for fear he would be next. He didn't look back until he reached the outer edges of the tilled land where freshly planted vegetables had been planted. What kind exactly, he wasn't sure. When he did look back, the building that was once his home was burning.

He shook his head, pulling himself from the memory. He was hungry and thinking on his parents' deaths wasn't going to help him get food.

Stuffed Iriaz doll in hand, he slowly made his way through the town. They all knew he was an orphan, but no one wanted to take him in. After all, he wasn't their problem.

Loharr tried to look through garbage cans and refuse bins for any kind of food scraps, but before he could even attempt to see if there were any edible scraps left, he was chased off by passersby or stall vendors. One of the vendors even struck him in the head with a stick of some sort, knocking him to the ground. This caused the young one to cry out in pain, but of course, no one did anything about it.

"Keep your grubby little hands out of my trash!" the vendor shouted, as Loharr lay in the dirt, a small trickle of blood coming down from his hair.

As he started to crawl away from the vendor, some blood trickled from his head and into the dirt, saturating the light brown particles with viscous crimson fluids. The crimson liquid continued to drip as Loharr stood up, grabbing his head as it was in pain.

Conceding defeat in his brief venture to locate food, Loharr sulked his way to the nearby cantina. A place where he knew he could get water for free. Food was harder to acquire here, but at least water could stave off the feeling of hunger for a bit.

In the cantina, Loharr went up to the server droid and was given a cup of water, but before he could take a drink, a Rodian came up from behind him and shoved him aside, making Loharr drop the cup, spilling the contents onto the dusty floor.

"Watch where you're going, pipsqueak!" The Rodian exclaimed with a laugh.

This made Loharr angry. Very angry, but there was nothing he could do. He picked up the cup, setting the empty container on the bar counter and went to sit back in the corner.

He took a seat in the booth, still hungry, now thirsty and now very angry. He was also glaring daggers through the Rodian's skull. Although he was soon distracted by a woman who sat down in front of him. She definitely looked shady.

"You look awfully upset for someone so young." The woman said, in a voice that was almost sweet. Almost.

"Why do you care?" Loharr asked.

"Oh I don't.... at least not about you. More about the one at whom your anger is.... directed." She said, "Dana Carrana." She added, "And you are?"

"Loharr...." He answered, very wary of the woman.

"I'm here for a job... would you Like to know what kind of job?" The woman asked with a smirk.

"I guess...?" Loharr answered, not sure he wanted to know.

"I'm here to kill a Rodian...." She said, pointing to the Rodian who shoved Loharr and made him spill his water. "Specifically, that Rodian."

"Why are you telling me this?" The young Loharr asked.

"Because I want you to kill him for me." She answered.

This threw Loharr off. A lot. He didn't know how to respond to such a statement, and Dana could see it.

"He knows he has a bounty on his head, so he will be expecting bounty hunters. What he won't be expecting, is a little kid." Dana said, sliding a small knife over to Loharr. "I'll pay you some of the bounty... enough to get some food for a bit."

Loharr looked up, eyes wide. She had said the magic word. Food. His stomach grumbled with hunger. If he killed this Rodian, he would be able to eat, and it didn't have to be scraps.

"Oh... okay..." Loharr said, taking the knife in his small hands.

"Good." She said, standing up from the booth. "Be prepared to wait a bit though.... It looks like he will be a while.... use that to your advantage." She said, as she gave him a nod and made her exit from the cantina.

Loharr looked at the knife that was given to him by Dana, and then to the Rodian. He knew the effects the drinks here would have on him if he imbibed enough, so he hid the knife in his sleeve as he left the cantina to wait.

For hours he waited. The late morning sun turned to noon, and then to sundown and eventually, the moons came up. He was beginning to think that the Rodian slipped past him. Then, the door to the cantina opened, and an explosion of laughter erupted in the near silent streets of the town.

Loharr looked up from his spot behind a small pile of garbage, and saw the Rodian step out, stumlbing his way down the street. Taking the opportunity, Loharr started to follow the heavily intoxicated Rodian.

The Rodian was clueluess to the little Loharr. After several streets, the Rodian turned down an alley, and Loharr followed him. The Rodian continued for several meters, before stopping to relieve himself on the wall of the alley.

Though before he could unfasten his trousers to relieve himself, Loharr picked up a rock and threw it at the Rodian, which struck him in the side of the head.

The Rodian exclaimed in pain, turning to face the direction in which the rock came from, only to seelittle Loharr standing there.

"Oh... it you...." The Rodian slurred, walking over to Loharr, who now stood there, frozen in fear. The Rodian stumbled through the alley, picking Loharr up. "I knew I should have shoved you harder..... filthy orphan.... How about I kill you... and finish the job of whoever killed your filthy parents?" He asked, pulling a knife out and pointing it at Loharr.

Loharr was now very scared, seeing the knife get closer to him. Then suddenly, he reacted. He dipped his head down and dug his teeth into the Rodian's hand. An audible crunch of bones could be heard as he did so. This action made the Rodian drop Loharr to the dirt as he grabbed his hand and cry out in pain. The knife also fell from the Rodians' hand into the dirt.

"You little...!" the Rodian exclaimed, as he kicked Loharr in the side.

Loharr took this opportunity, with the Rodian distracted, pulled the knife from his sleeve, stood up, and stabbed at the Rodian. Burying the blade deep in his side, and he took several steps back as the Rodian glared down at Loharr, who now had no weapon.

The Rodian shouted out in rage. "You stabbed me!" The Rodian said, pulling the knife from his side. "I'll kill you!"

The Rodian shambled forward, and time seemed to slow for Loharr, as a memory began to flood his mind. It was a memory from only a few years ago, when he and his father were playing catch, in which his father taught him about how to pull things to him with the Force, and suddenly, Loharr's fear.... turned to anger.

As the Rodian shambled, Loharr stretched his hand out, pulling the knife the Rodian dropped to him. As the knife hit his hand, he saw it was a steak knife from the cantina, but no matter. His anger was blinding logical thought.

Loharr spirnted forward and jumped, faster than the Rodian could react, and jammed the blaede of the steak knife into the Rodian's throat.

The Rodian's eyes went wide as he was stunned. He could only manage a few rasps, as he dropped the knfe in his hands and fell to his knees. Loharr backed up as his anger subsided some, but not by a lot.

The Rodian fell over as his blood pooled out from his neck, and Loharr.... he turned and left the alley. His stomach growled again, as it had been all day, and he returned to the cantina, where he hoped the woman was. After all.... she said he would get money to buy food, and he was hungry.

Perhaps.... this killing for money was a way to never be hungry again.

I love this! It has a great pace, and I like the story. Very practical solution to young Loharr's problems, and it wasn't necessarily his parent's death that led him to the Dark Side! :)

(Not sure if you were expecting comments, so let me know if you want to delete this!)

I love this! It has a great pace, and I like the story. Very practical solution to young Loharr's problems, and it wasn't necessarily his parent's death that led him to the Dark Side! :)

(Not sure if you were expecting comments, so let me know if you want to delete this!)

You're quite fine, General. I will be posting more and more of Loharr's backstories and important bits to this part of the Forums, so stay tuned!

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom