Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Casual Claiming Ailon Nova

View attachment 894

Alright alright...I had to give everyone a hard time. ;) Merry Christmas, you guys! (if you celebrate it :) )

Merry Christmas, General! Happy Holidays, Sithizens! May the worst of 2020 be a distant memory, lost to the annals of time!

IC: Sharkish’Ki

Sharkish’ki eased up on the speeder’s throttle, and leaned back in his seat slightly as the settlement emerged from behind the mouth of the relatively narrow canyon he and his new companion had snaked their way through with almost symbiotic ease. The occasional electronic beeping and whistling had kept him informed of the changing terrain and had highlighted certain treacherous obstacles en-route, via the ever evolving holo-map.

The settlement of perhaps forty or fifty buildings of varying sizes and age, almost mimicked the canyon and desert surroundings, with some buildings morphing into and from the rocks and sand, highlighted with wiring, and clunky technology and mechanics. Flat and dome-roofed huts were clumsily planted in an almost wheel and spoke arrangement. The town was guarded on the north, and the eastern side he’d entered from, as the tall canyon and cliffs provided a clear bottleneck that would serve the town as an escape route, but it was a poor choice for a force to enter by. The south and west however appeared fully exposed to the surrounding desert sands. Sandstone arches supported integrated security doors, as upon Sharkish’Ki’s approach several of these could be seen closing, hiding the over-cautious eyes of whomever dwelt within.

His speeder had clearly alerted some of the population to his arrival. As Sharkish’Ki focussed his thoughts on the General’s orders, he probed the Force. It was clear that caution was prominent, and yet panic and confusion was diffusing from an as yet unknown epicentre. He slowly crept his speeder down one of the wider streets and came to a full stop outside of a what appeared to be a dilapidated trader’s of some kind.

Sharkish’Ki casually dismounted. Almost immediately the orb gave a slight chirp and whirred into life, levitating out of its port upon the speeder and settling at eye-level with himself. Sharkish’Ki gave it a semi-suspicious scowl and sighed.
If you’re coming with me, you need to be quiet. One man and a droid turning up on a speeder doesn’t work in our favour here.” The glossy, black sphere quietly beeped and several of its plates parted on its equator, revealing a deep-crimson eye, almost in defiance of his request. Smaller plates in its northern hemisphere also opened, allowing various antennas to extend slightly. It’s eye slowly looked Sharkish’Ki up and down, as if sizing him up, and then gave a very convincing nod before turning its gaze toward the locals.
Ok then. Let’s see what’s what around here.
The droid chirped and beeped.
I mean snoop, but don’t look like your snooping.
The sphere beeped once more before settling behind him, its eye fixated on the three humanoids addressing the proprietor. Sharkish’Ki couldn’t make out what they were saying, as they conversed quietly. Thinking no more of it, as to appear oblivious to any gossip, he pulled his robe closed and confidently walked towards the group. Immediately, the proprietor stopped taking and fixated on Sharkish’Ki, whilst the three he was addressing quietly continued their chatter.

Leaning at one end of his shop window, and surrounded by various bric-à-brac, the brown-shirted proprietor was a large, grizzled man with broad shoulders, and equally large arms and hands, indicative of a laborious livelihood. In one hand was a grotty, oil-stained red rag and the other reached for a half-chewed, smouldering cylindrical desthstick of jumbo proportions. His exposed skin was deeply tanned; a dusty red, like the sands had infected him, and was now an ailment he was accustomed to. His cloths were scarred with various stains and burns, as was a small portion of his right cheek and jaw.
Well, what can I do for you, stranger?” He growled from the side of mouth, his aged voice not too dissimilar from that of Sharkish’Ki’s speeder engine. “You in need of something... specific? If not, I suggest you move on. We don’t take kindly to outsiders...
The proprietor’s tone was accompanied with an overly inquisitive scowl, before he chomped down on the soft end of his rolled and pressed bundle of herbs, and slumped both hands onto the workbench between them, rattling the precariously stacked items at both ends of the window.
You’re out of place here, and if you’re not careful...
Sharkish’Ki had reached the bar, and placed both his leather clad hands flat on the metal. He looked up and directly into the brown eyes of the oversized man, which seemed to cut the proprietor off mid sentence. An instant battle of wills and confidence had been initiated.
I’m looking for information, and you look like a man that could be useful” Sharkish’Ki said calmly, with an undertone of assertion. The three residents to his right had been silent for a moment now, and were subtly observing their conversation. Sharkish’Ki gave them a sharp look, and they turned slightly to face him. The three were men, of average height and build, with two blaster pistols between them. “Of course if I’m wrong, that could end poorly for you” Sharkish’Ki’s gaze returned to the shop owner, undeterred by his odds of victory. He could feel their curiosity and confidence diminishing under their fear, as Sharkish’Ki held his ground. The Force betrayed them and fed Sharkish’Ki their power, as he stood there, almost enthralling the proprietor. The longer he remained, the greater the tension grew; the stronger Sharkish’Ki felt.
The proprietor grinned.
Why you here, boy?! Your toy need fixing? I probably got a user manual on file!” He took the herb roll from his mouth before laughing and pointing at the droid floating behind him.

A second flashed by, and Sharkish’Ki snapped into action, his left hand clamping an iron grip onto the pointing fingers of his opponent and forcing the hand palm up onto the bench. The thud was followed by the cracking of closed finger joints and a brief yell of pain, as the herb roll plumed out from between their grip, sending ash billowing out toward the three men. Sharkish’Ki pulled on the Force, taking energy from the men’s emotions to empower himself. Focusing on the owner’s voice, he constricted the trachea and quietened his pain response.
The closest of the three men had fumbled to reach his blaster, giving Sharkish’Ki another valuable second to respond. He was just out of Sharkish’Ki’s physical reach, and yet such scenarios had never stopped him from taking what he wanted. His reflex tore through the Force, gripping the man’s throat and pulling him towards Sharkish’Ki’s closing hand, the man’s boots kicking and dragging through the dirt as his body came between Sharkish’Ki and his companions. The second man had only watched in disbelief, as the third had drawn his pistol and discharged a single shot into the back of his flailing friend. The spherical droid pipped and beeped, whirring up into the open to get a line of sight on the men, before letting two darts loose from unseen ports on it’s southern hemisphere. Each man fell instantly, like dropped cargo.

Sharkish’Ki’s gaze hadn’t moved from the brown eyes before him. Bewilderment was awash on the proprietor’s face as he looked back at him, his other hand scrabbling to free his broken fingers from Sharkish’Ki’s grip as he stared at the yellowing eyes that bored into him. An audible crunch could be heard popping from the man in Sharkish’Ki’s grip. He let go of the limp body, and it crumpled to the floor.
Now... are you useful, or not?

Last edited:
Rayge felt a frigid chill engulf him, enough to cause his hair to stand on end and his muscles to start to quiver but only for an instant before the dunes of Ailon Nova once again bathed him in the harsh dry heat. He appeared at the General's side and attempted to shake off the side effects of fold space. Although this wasn't a new experience for him, he still felt quite unsteady from the "trip". As the effects seemed to fade, the General once again carved a fissure in midair opening-up another portal through space to separate part of the dunes. She entered the portal and motioned Rayge through from the other side. Rayge sloppily swiveled his head cracking his neck in the process as if to prepare for the jump, more mentally than physically, and stepped through. Rayge could feel the searing cold once again assaulting his body turning his skin, especially his lips a more blue complexion. As he appeared on the other side he felt the almost shock-like warmth drape around him which was shortly embraced at the moment but rapidly scorned. The portal instantly fused shut as he emerged and left no trace of existence as if never there. Regaining his composure while physically and mentally shaking off the cold, Rayge looked to the General

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to that..."

Assuming his position beside her, Rayge began to scout out the facility. Lord Vexx seemed to have wiped out a significant amount of the outer guard but Rayge still saw a few stragglers and a delighted smirk swelled on his face...

"It seems Lord Vexx didn't seize all the fun."

Turning to face General Invadator he queried

"Where will we be dropping in? Outside and working our way in or right amid the battle in the more central part of the compound?"

IC: General Invadator
Ailon Nova -- Dunes

The General notes from his words and demeanor that teleporting Rayge seems to disturb him, so she glances at him to make sure that, at least physically, he's alright. He's intact, for one, and he seems relatively steady. "We'll only have to teleport once more," she explains. "You did well on that fall. It looked very convincing." She fell silent for a moment as he asked about their approach. "We'll be teleporting on the roof, she explained. That's how we'll enter the compound. If it all goes well, they'll be too distracted by the others to notice that we've gone in. Then we'll teleport out with the son, and we'll call it a day. She grinned. "Or, you know, go back and kill the rest for sport." She chuckled, thinking the idea might sit quite well with Rayge. It remained to be seen how the attack itself would work.

*Cruor, Rathan, Vexx...* she sent through the Force. *Continue to the compound. Let me know when you are all there. We'll teleport in shortly after you begin the attack.*

--

Unknown Settlement

The proprietor groaned sharply from the pain of his broken fingers, but said nothing unlike Sharkish'Ki forced the issue by crunching his fingers even more. The man huffed in and out through his nostrils, trying to regain his composure, but he could only nod in response to Sharkish'Ki's questions.

Half leading, half being dragged into the back of his store, the man collapsed on a chair and held his fingers protectively, glowering up at the Sith who loomed above. The orb followed him not long after, chirping in the affirmative that all was clear before aiming at the proprietor with another dart. He wouldn't get far if he tried to run.

"I know who you are," he spat, but not daring to actually spit at Sharkish'Ki. He wasn't that stupid, after all. "You're the High Marshall's Nova Guard, or hired by them...I haven't opened my mouth. Nobody has. This town's silent. Nobody wants to see the ugly end of your guns after the first time." He growled a bit at the pain in his hand, but continued on.

"But I'm not joining you. Fight the High Marshall and his loyalists on your own, but none of us want anything to do with that. Take some of the young idiots who want power and control. But the rest of us want nothing to do with your power struggle with the dark ones."

OOC: @Sharkish’Ki -- excellent! Just keep going along. :)

@Darth Cruor @Rathan Jakarta @Rayge @Grievance Vexx

I'll be out next Wednesday, so that gives y'all two weeks to post. :)

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Ailon Nova, advancing toward the compound

Another blast from the ion cannon really rubs Vexx the wrong way. Time to get rid of that thing. It is putting a damper on all his fun. He sends acknowledgement through the Force that he has received the General’s instructions and he will follow them to the letter. But first, the ion cannon.

The cybernetic Sith Lord drops into his quadruped spider-like way of going and makes haste to a craggy portion of the cliffs where his claws and talons will find easy purchase to aid him with speed in what he intends to do. Flipping back to his two-legged upright stance, he begins scaling the cliffs just to the right of where the ion cannon whines as it readies for another firing. Leaping with all the grace and ease a gundark, he is soon on the narrow ridge where a handful of soldiers are huddled around the ion cannon. One of them swears at the sight of the stark white durasteel skeleton as he rises to his full height and glowers down upon them with lethal intent.

In the next millisecond, Nova Guard soldiers are raining down from the cliff side, some bodily flung like so much debris, others leaping of their own volition just to get away from the war machine who has discovered their nest, hoping the sand below will spare them shattered bones upon landing.

“Master, how many times have I told you? You will never make friends that way.”

Vexx growls as a hologram of his medical droid appears in his durasteel palm. “What do you want now?”

“Just checking in. Glad to see you aren’t playing in the sand anymore at least. Did you take your cough medicine today? You know that dry air will come back to bite you later—“

With another growl of annoyance, Vexx kills the transmission and turns his attention to the now unmanned ion cannon. With a bit of glee evident in his eyes, he uses two of his ignited lightsabers to cut into the infernal device. Once the inner workings are exposed, he proceeds to gut the cannon, destroying parts so nothing is even worthy of a Jawa salvaging it. Unidentifiable metal pieces rain down from the cliff as the Kaleesh goes to town making sure the cannon will never function again. Overkill? Maybe. Does he care? Absolutely not.

‘The cliffs are secured, General,’ he informs Reiis Invadator through the Force, ‘You may be met with fleeing Guard members seeking refuge. Easy prey, I would wager. They seemed a bit frightened to me. I am now on my way to the compound.”

Tag: @Reiis Invadator @Darth Cruor @Rayge

Rayge nodded in understanding

"I'll be fine, General. It's just something my body hasn't adjusted to."
He continued to shrug off the cold chill brought on by fold space, thanking the General for the compliment of feigning his own demise.

"I wanted there to be no doubt in their minds that I had died back there. It makes for a better surprise when they see me barreling down on them from the inside out."
"Ah, the roof. Will we be dropping down from the roof or will we be removing the roof entirely?"

he said with a hearty chuckle.
The look of disappointment overtook Rayge as the General expressed her streamlined plan of collecting the asset then teleporting him out. He had hoped for a fair amount of bloodshed on this mission. His despair was quickly overturned by her next words...

"Or, you know, go back and kill the others for sport"

Her chuckle was met with his own as the 2 shared a brief laugh before returning to more serious matters.

@Reiis Invadator @Grievance Vexx @Darth Cruor

IC: Sharkish'Ki
Unknown Settlement

Sharkish'Ki paced about the shop, absently snooping about the bric-a-brac that cluttered about his feet as the proprietor mumbled his cursives. Perhaps he'd been too hasty with his response to the insult against his intellect, as the man's broken fingers clearly set a poor representation of Sharkish'Ki's intent.
"I'm just here for information. And you're clearly knowledgeable about my situation, so pardon my assault on your fingers. As you can see, I've got a bit of a temper. I'm sure your friends outside will be fine... mostly" Sharkish'Ki spied curiously down an adjoining corridor, as the man shifted in his chair.
"That's all well and good, but that doesn't change my opinion of you and your cause!" he grumbled, as he watched the warrior's inquisitive musings.
"Fine. Firstly, I didn't come here to recruit anyone." He formed a deep frown, as he noted the two locked doors down the corridor. "Now, what did you mean by 'fighting the High Marshal', and who or what are these 'Dark Ones'?"
Sharkish'Ki came back to the centre of the room, satisfied that they were in fact alone. The droid lingered near the doorway, it's sensors monitoring noise and movement, whilst keeping an indifferent eye on the interrogation.
"Ya mean, ya not with those nuts who kidnapped the Marshal's son?" the proprietor growled, raising an eyebrow and slowly pulling out another huge, herbed deathstick from his leg pocket, whilst resting his broken fingers in his lap. Clamping the rolled herbs in his mouth he proceeded to pat himself down, looking for the cutter and means to light it.
Sharkish'Ki watched in annoyance at the man's stalling, and in a flash, flourished his lightsaber. A crimson glow illuminated the mans face for a split second, and he felt the tip of the roll drop into his half-closed hand. "Try not to get too distracted, please."
The man's reflex saw him gripping the underside of his chair in bewilderment, as he looked down at the stub of his deathstick, before sucking in his cheeks, and expelling a dense cloud of slightly rancid, yet sweet-smelling smoke into the air.
He took the smouldering roll from his mouth before continuing. "Ya know, it's funny that ya come here, showboatin' like... that," he said, uneasily, but with a swagger to his voice, "ya clearly not in possession of all the facts, ma'boy! And that makes you... a customer." The springed hinge of his chair gave a teeth-clenching squeak as he leaned back with bravado. The discomfort and pain emanating from his broken fingers seemed to be subsiding, providing a false sense of comfort for old, grizzled man.
Sharkish'Ki frowned at him. His anger brewed as they held eye-contact. "I'm a disgruntled customer at best... continue to waste my time, and you won't have a customer... or anything else, for that matter!"
The droid beeped and whistled before entering the room further, relaying to Sharkish'Ki that the blaster shot had alerted a few residents at the end of the street. The mid-afternoon sun began to draw long shadows across the street and into the shop, as the curious folk began a slow advance.
"And it would seem you're now on a clock. If I were you, I'd get to the point."

IC: Reiis Invadator
Ailon Nova....waiting....

The General stood in the heat of the sun, sending her affirmation through the Force when Vexx's message came through. Good. Let the survivors run to the camp. Prepare them for what they feel will be the worst. Her mind churned with possibilities of failure, systematically eliminating what she could through reason and slight adjustments to their plans. She'd let them arrive first....

"Soon," she said after a period to silence to the Death warrior to stood beside her. "Very soon."

--
Ailon Nova -- The Base

It's rarely a good sign to see people fleeing in the desert, and it was a very bad sign for those who waited in the base, watching with growing horror as a pitifully small number of their own tore through the desert sand. Their eyes were wide and wild, and even after being allowed into the base and assured they were safe, they remained in a panicked state, gasping for breath with eyes darting every which way. "A white beast," one croaked, shutting his eyes against a visual that would be reproduced clearly in his mind whether or not his eyelids were shut. "A great, white death...a killing machine!" The men were wounded...and scared to the bone. "It was fast as the wind...I fear an invasion has begun!" A hush of silence fell over the others, but their commanding officer spoke up. "So they attacked a base with little warning....we lost men...but we've lost men before. We're here in the base now, and they can't kill us here! Double the ion canons! All men to the perimeters!!!

Another voice, one that lacked the terror of previous experiences with the White Death, rang through the throng of soldiers at the ready.

"Sir! They're here!

--
Ailon Nova -- Unknown Settlement

The proprietor looked flatly confused.

"Ya mean...you're not...." His eyes widened, and the voices grew louder. Shots were fired in the all-too-close distance.

The man gasped. "You're one of them. Boy....I thought yous were Nova Guard!" He laughed with wry amusement, but it was cut short. "I promise I had no involvement with the Marshall's son...promise. I had never any problem with the Dark Ones coming here...I just want to run my shop, make a little bit of drinking money to spare..." The man was abruptly cut off by the orb droid, who sounded one curt alarm before tucking itself close to Sharkish'Ki falling silent again. It seemed their meeting would be cut short.

Five robed men rushed into the store, but stopped short when they saw Sharkish'Ki. One, ostensibly a leader, waved for his companions to lower their weapons before removing the hood from his head and nodded his head politely to Sharkish'Ki. "Greetings, stranger," he said with a smile. "We heard yelling here, wondered if someone was hurt. What brings you to our city, and how might we be of help? You see, we're the keepers of this city. We know it in and out...like the back of our hands." He grinned, and it looked quite ugly on him. "We'd be a far better source of information than him." The man gestured to the proprietor, who squirmed but said nothing.

OOC: @Rayge -- soon! 😁

@Sharkish’Ki -- good work! Also, men are NPCs, but treat them like player characters. They're important and I have to have them respond in certain ways. ;)

@Darth Cruor @Rathan Jakarta @Rayge @Grievance Vexx -- attack the base! Enjoy the bloodshed! :D Don't kill everyone, though...just keep fighting. :)

Rayge stood at the ready waiting patiently as he perceived what he could of the base. As time passed he started stretching, loosening up for the possible onslaught about to occur. Amid this preparation, the General's targeted words broke his subtle concentration

"Soon..."

This brought satisfaction to Rayge for he knew the time to finally join this battle was swiftly approaching.

He finalized his preparation and withdrew both sabers adorning his waist with a graceful flourish he whirled the hilts around ending the motions with the connection of the sabers at the pommel. His grip shifted to the center of the now elongated hilt just before dropping it to his side still clutched in his right hand.

Rayge waited as patiently as he could while maintaining his focus on the General trying to hide his true impatient feelings Rayge routinely changed interest from General Invadator to the compound then back again.

@Reiis Invadator @Grievance Vexx

Ailon Nova - Unknown Settlement

Sharkish'Ki squared his stance, as the men flowed into the already cramped store, snapping his gaze about them, and taking in the robes and blaster rifles. Guerrilla soldiers of some kind? Perhaps the General had planted a contact for him, he thought. "They'll be fine. Though the man with the blaster shot may need medical attention," Sharkish'Ki clipped his lightsaber back onto his belt, and took a deep breath, calming his anger and centring himself as the man spoke. Frustrations seemed to get the better of him, recently. "And so might his fingers." Sharkish'Ki gave a brief nod to the proprietor, before again focussing his attention on the robed men.

"I was sent here by The General, Lady Reiis Invadator, to investigate this settlement, and I may have thrown my weight about a little." Sharkish'Ki appeared unapologetic, and eerily calm, like his temperament could change at any moment. "Who are you," Sharkish'Ki asked, directly, "and what do you know of the High Marshal's son's abduction?"

The droid at Sharkish'Ki's back continued to beep and whirr intermittently, as it continued to assess for any possible threats in the area.

OOC:
@Reiis Invadator , I've reigned it in a bit, after your advice, for a more collaborative approach ;)

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Ailon Nova, Approaching The Base

That “White Death” heard tell of has not delayed his pursuit of the fleeing survivors of his rampage. Covering more ground in his quadruped motion, he has easily made history of the journey behind him. He had given the Guard a head start to be fair. Now he tops the crest of the last sand dune before the base, flipping into an upright position and moving at a deliberate pace now. He can taste the fear of the ones who had fled from him. Though he is as white as bones bleached by a deadly desert sun, he brings with him the darkness of certain death.

He can sense the General is nearby with Rayge as her partner and the Kaleesh warlord feels the shiver of anticipation. Perhaps the Cruor ranks will yet do battle shoulder to shoulder on this mission. In any case, for the time being, he is well aware that his purpose is mainly distraction at the moment, and it seems to be working as a voice, strangled and high-pitched with terror, calls to his comrades.

“There it is! The murder droid!”

Murder droid? That’s a new one and not one he approves of either. If that particular watchman had any hopes of seeing the sun set tonight, he can kiss those hopes goodbye. The more stoic voice of the one who had ordered the doubling of ion cannons carries clearly to his audio receptors.

“Take aim, men! We will lay him down as Jawa fodder yet!”

“Like hell you will,” Vexx chuckles darkly to himself, undeterred even as the whine of multiple cannons charging mimics the tinnitus that plagues him so. At least they are fully distracted by his dauntless approach. He glances toward the General’s position as though to confirm all systems are go.

OOC- Kind of building suspense here before I start carving another path of destruction. 💀⚔️

IC: Reiis Invadator
Dunes

Vexx's gaze towards The General's and Rayge's direction was not seen, but still acutely sensed by the former of the reverse-kidnappers-to-be. A masked grin spread across The General's face, and she needed only nod once. The Krigsbefallaf would sense it, and he would know what to do. "Prepare yourself, Rayge," we're about to go in." A wave of her arm was all that was needed to create a fold in space to the specific place on the rooftop where they needed, but she did not yet enter into the new location. "Any second now," she said, prepped to jump onto the roof and make quick work of saving the Marshall's son.

-

As the Krigsbefallaf advanced towards the compound, his sensitive hearing would undoubtedly detect the clanging of guns and machinery as well as the hurried pounding of footsteps as the soldiers readied for an attack. It would seem like overkill to an uninformed onlooker -- that many ion cannons and blaster canons just for one being...a 'droid' no less. But those who knew him could very well tell you that Grievance Vexx did NOT care to be called a mere droid. And he was about to make it clear that he was anything but mindless machinery.

He had advanced far enough that everyone could see him through the sand that swirled around him, and the battle was about to begin!

"FIRE!"

-

"Rayge, now!" The General spoke, ushering the Death Knight through the aperture once she'd made sure the roof was clear. All was silent and peaceful. She held a single finger to where her mouth would be on her mask, shushing him noiselessly. *We must tread very quietly,* she whispered through the Voice, which was kind of redundant because whispering wasn't really necessary when words weren't even being spoken. *One noise and they could make our work a whole lot more difficult.* She waved him over to a certain spot in the compound -- an air duct, as it were -- and she pointed downward to indicate they would be entering there. She took a moment to reach out within the Force, sensing if any guards were around. They were not, thankfully. Once again, Rayge would find himself at the precipice of another hole in spacetime, this one in the ground itself. *Last one for a while,* she promised silently before stepping into the hole. The fold would ascend around them, and the two Sith would find themselves in a darkened hallway, not a sound to be heard but the distant firing of cannons.

-

Ailon Nova. Unknown Settlement

The proprietor looked like he was about to burst, but the armed men surrounding him seemed sufficient to keep him silent. Still, his beady eyes were trained on Sharkish'Ki, like he could telepathically communicate with the Sith man. He couldn't, of course, and it was very problematic for him. At times, the man's gaze would dart to and fro between the intruders and the Sith, hoping to catch the gaze of the latter without attracting the unwanted attention of the others.

"Ah! The General! Yes, of course!" The lead man grinned, nodding enthusiastically. Sharkish'Ki's orb droid settled close to the Sith man, beeping with quiet apprehension before ducking behind his shoulder, safely out of view of the others in the room. "The High Marshall's son is exactly why we're here," he continued, shaking his head in grave regret. "Sad how the High Marshall's own betrayed him, isn't it? Please, do follow us. There's something I think you'd like to see. It may help you." He beckoned Sharkish'Ki to follow.

The orb droid slightly bumped into his right shoulder, whirring cautiously. It made a series of low, plaintive beeps.

"Is that droid bothering you?" he man asks, taking a step forward. "They're much better for navigation than anything else. Their capacity for thought is quite low, actually, despite what it may seem. He held his hand out. "I can send it back to its speeder."

OOC: @Rayge -- Keep on as you are. We're now within the base and it's very quiet. We need to find the High Marshall. :)

@Sharkish’Ki -- :)

@Darth Cruor @Rathan Jakarta @Rayge @Grievance Vexx -- Murdertime! :D Have fun killing and slaughtering. Write whatever you'd like, but at this point please don't end the battle. ;)

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Ailon Nova - Attacking the Base

While the cannons are still charging, defenders of the base foolishly open fire on Vexx with their blasters. The Krigsbefallaf is quick to fall back on his skill with Soresu, deflecting bolts back at those who had fired them, but more than trying to take out the assailants, he tries to deflect the shots toward the charging ion cannons. If he can damage them beyond being able to fully charge or—better still—disable their firing altogether, it will create a much easier situation for him.

As another wave of soldiers begin to fire while the first wave is at a pause to cool their weapons, Vexx becomes a whirlwind of strobing crimson and white light, the sand swirling around him reflecting the light and giving the illusion that he is much bigger than he really is—which is pretty big to begin with. Some who had faced him on the cliffs can take no more and they drop their weapons and flee, unwilling to test the skill of the killing machine any further. Others, however, remain determined to bring him down, so he decides to play along.

As the blaster fire continues to pummel his location, it raises a growing cloud of dust and sand until the white monster can barely be seen. Some of the soldiers squint as they think they see him fall.

“Cease Fire!” the captain shouts.

Stillness. No one even dares to breathe as they wait for the dust to settle so they can see what they believe and hope will be a fallen “murder droid”, defeated by a barrage of blaster bolts. What they do not anticipate is for Grievance Vexx to be no worse for wear, emerging from the dust cloud close to the ground at a deadly speed, a giant metal spider coming to finish off the flies. The captain swears under his breath and screams at those manning the ion cannons.

“Now! Take him out!”

From organized efforts to complete chaos, Vexx has managed to catch these guys off guard with his deceptive act. Now they are doomed. The ion cannons firing from either side of him simply aren’t fast enough to catch him in the slow waves they put out. However, because they are too panicked to pay attention, the soldiers are unknowingly firing the cannons at each other and soon there will be no ion cannons in operation to further annoy the cyborg Sith Lord.

Vexx soon reaches the captain who had foolishly neglected to heed the warnings from his surviving cliffside platoon. The man stares at him in defiance and Vexx can’t really decide if he is really brave or really stupid. Either way, he is soon really dead after a set of talons seize him around his torso and fling him through a stone wall.

Ailon Nova. Unknown Settlement

Sharkish'Ki felt the fear welling inside the proprietor, as the man sat deep in his chair, half-chewing on the tobacco analogue. A little saliva dribbled down the side of his mouth, as he was clearly too tense to fix his decorum. Sharkish'Ki carefully observed the body language of the retinue that had joined them, as an aura of mistrust and deception emanated from the robed soldiers. Five versus one, he thought, as his mind played through several combat scenarios in his head. He felt confident that they were no match for him at this range, though the confines of the store could prove fatal for the proprietor, should a rogue blaster shot meet a fleshy target. Sharkish'Ki watched the lead man reach out for the driod. He frowned in response.

"The droid is none of your concern, and I advise you keep it that way." Sharkish'Ki took a smooth step forward, making himself an obstacle between the droid and his new acquaintances, and placing himself within striking distance of the soldier closest to the proprietor. "Now, I'll ask you again; who are you?"

@Reiis Invadator

OOC: Going back to weekly updates, as several seemed willing to see this continue. :)

IC: Ailon Nova
In the Proprietor's Shop...in the nearest town from the Compound

There is a moment in every tense situation when the parties involved are able to determine, with great certainty, if they're in for an agreement or a fight. Sharkish'Ki might not have known the fate of this particular conversation. But then men who surrounded him did. And they had chosen to fight.

But not yet. Though the Death Apprentice might have sensed their growing agitation. It was the proprietor who began the fight.

"Traitors!!!" He screamed the accusation, and all at once the men moved. The man nearest the proprietor shot him dead while the remaining rebels -- three to the front of him, one behind, and one to the right -- raised their blasters and fired at Sharkish'Ki.

Clearly, they were not the good guys.

OOC: Get away, if you can. ;)
@Sharkish'Ki

Within the Compound

The General led Rayge through the compound, following what the Force told them was the location of the High Marshall's son. While silence is paramount, she quickens their pace. The attack has been underway for several minutes now, and they may have a backup plan.

Relief floods her mind when the Force lends them entrance into a locked room, and the son is there -- not tied up, but simply confined within the room. He turns to look at them, relief evident on his face. The General wonders for a moment why he's relieved...does he recognize them from holovids? How much did he know of his father's plans to ally with the Sith?

There is no time for doubt, but he speaks first, smiling radiantly. "I knew my father would send the Sith once he found out where I was. It is a shame though..."

Invadator would not hear the subsequent sentence, for an ion pulse would blast around the son, disabling her cybernetics and life support system and knocking her out before she even hit the ground.

"A shame, for your sake," he finished, grinning at Rayge with malevolence. "My father wouldn't even send his own, to fight his own. So be it. We'll deal with you ourselves."

As troops surrounded Rayge, guns drawn, it would become clear why no one had ambushed them in the hall: it was a trap, and the High Marshall's son was apparently not an unwilling hostage.

@Rayge

In the midst of the attack on the Compound

Death sank into the air like blood into sand...and there was a lot of death and a lot of blood. Grievance Vexx was re-earning his title as Krigsbefallaf, though nobody had doubted he already had earned it many times over. The Lord made combat look beautiful...easy. It was truly a sight to behold.

But unfortunately for those beholding it, they were soon dead, having been crushed, flung, or sliced through by the one-man-army as he charged forward on various sets of limbs.

Their resolve was dimming -- some fled outright. And while he was likely quite distracted by the fray, Lord Vexx would sense a sudden pulse of alarm ring out from within the compound.

And suddenly....silence.

OOC: @Grievance Vexx

IC: Sharkish’Ki
In the Proprietor’s Shop.

There was a moment, tangible yet fleeting, where everything before him could be seen to unfold before it unfolded. Some would call it unnatural, where he would call it anticipation. It was within this moment Sharkish’Ki chose to act.

The proprietor was a lost cause, as the triggering first shot pierced his cloth tunic and flesh alike, putting a two centimetre hole where his heart likely was. In this infinitesimally small amount of time, Sharkish’Ki grasped, ignited and left-foot lunged his lightsaber at the centre-right soldier, piercing his solar plexus with what might as well have been a punch, sending him careering backwards with his arms stretched before him. Simultaneously, blaster bolts streaked across his shoulders, the soldier behind him striking his opposite number in the gut, and sending him crumpling to the ground.

The room was a awash with all the shades of crimson, as Sharkish’Ki’ made a backhand stroke that cleaved upward out of his first mark and into the arm of his neighbour, severing the right soldier’s elbow and sparking magnificently as it passed effortlessly through the soldier, and the weapon he once held. Blaster bolts continued to miss their mark, two, three, burrowing into the various scrap and tech that surrounded them.

The third soldier was neutralised as Sharkish’Ki pivoted slightly, using the momentum of his swing to change to a back-handed grip. Defending his right flank from the soldier behind him, he used his Shii-Cho training to deflect the incoming blaster fire as he threw up his left arm, pushing the other remaining soldier with the Force, into the ceiling. He crashed, face down into the benches he was stood in front of.

The one left standing continued to fire his weapon, watching as his brothers-in-arms lay broken and motionless. It was as if the soldier was purposefully aiming at Sharkish’Ki’s blade. One shot too many, as his final bolt deflected back into his eye, and he slumped backwards, sending out a dust plume as he hit the floor.

The red of his blade retracted with the familiar hiss, as he rose to his feet. “Suspicious, yet satisfying” he mumbled, as he surveyed the outcome of the encounter. Small pillars of smoke landmarked the carnage, as the whir and beep of the droid then took his attention. How the little thing remained unscathed was encouraging. “Yea, you’re right, this wasn’t the welcome we were looking for. Shame.” He stepped over the severed arm and crouched down before the soldier. He cast an eye over the man's attire, and rummaged through his pockets. Perhaps there was some clue on him as to where he should head next.

OOC: @Reiis Invadator

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Ailon Nova - Entering the Compound

“We can’t hold this thing off! Abort and retreat!”

There are very few left standing and those that still stand are shaking. Grievance Vexx is more than a match for the forces trying their hardest to stop his advance. The ones left standing begin to desert and rapidly, but many of them do not escape. Vexx is just swatting flies, punishing would-be deserters for the cowardice displayed as they try to retreat.

His casual amusement, however, comes to an abrupt halt as something feels very off in the Force. Something is wrong and the signature most closely impacted is that of General Reiis Invadator.

Stretching his awareness out in the Force, he tries to determine exactly where she is. He knows she’s close as he barges into the compound, quickly dispatching two armed guards who shakily draw their weapons on him. They might have been better off playing dead as that turns out to be what they will do for eternity.

He can sense Rayge and he locks onto his Cruor brother’s presence to act as a beacon guiding him through the labyrinth of the compound. He absently decimates a few more foot soldiers at random checkpoints within the corridors, then grows weary of them slowing him down and he scales the wall with his claws and talons, attaching himself eventually to the ceiling where he picks up speed as he moves in undetected silence toward the presence of Rayge, trying not to let himself lose his focus wondering why the General’s presence is suddenly as quiet as the grave.

Tag: @Reiis Invadator, @Rayge

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom