Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training The Training of Katagaris Pandemonium

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
D2C42EAA-69D3-4373-BCE8-B3E33F6FA3F0.png

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Lair of Grievance
Med Bay

Upon Katagaris Pandemonium’s surrender in the duel, Vexx had called upon the Force to render his apprentice unconscious. There was little Katagaris could do in his defense, considering he was substantially injured and Vexx had not withdrawn his execution of Force Sever. The cyborg Sith Lord had watched with little concern as his apprentice slumped into the arms of unconsciousness like a wilting flower. He will survive, but there is certainly some work to do.

Plopping the smaller Kaleesh into his personal starfighter, the Coup De Grâce, Vexx isn’t the gentlest about it, but he has little doubt that Katagaris didn’t feel his head smack against the floor in his unconscious state as Vexx had tossed him there like a sack of bantha poodoo.

1364BEA5-1A2F-44F0-8ADE-C679BD11716A.jpeg

Upon arriving on Vassek III, the cyborg hauls his apprentice’s lifeless form inside his fortress and takes him straight to his personal med bay, where the creepiest of EV model medical droids totters about, sorting supplies and mumbling to himself about his master’s lack of organizational skills.

“Doctor! Front and center,” Vexx orders, “I am in need of your services.”

“Greetings to you too, Master,” EV-A4-D replies with distinct attitude, “What did you break that I need to fix this time?”

“I need you to fix his arm,” Vexx replies, dumping Katagaris on one of the steel tables in the center of the room.

“And who is this?” the droid asks, roughly poking Katagaris in the belly, “Another friend you played too roughly with?”

“No!” Vexx snaps impatiently, “He is my apprentice. Katagaris Pandemonium. A Kaleesh assassin.”

“Master...I know as a Sith it’s a thing to break your apprentice,” EV-A4-D replies awkwardly, “But I am pretty sure you are going about it all wrong.”

“Never mind,” the Krigsbefallaf of House Cruor growls, “His arm is the only thing that is damaged. Can you repair it or not?”

“You are joking, right?” the droid doctor’s voice deadpans, “I am a medical professional. Of course I can repair it.”

“Good. See to it then. We have much work to do and he cannot very well do it with a mangled appendage.”

•••••••••••••••​

Some time later, Katagaris is left to recover in the med bay. EV-A4-D remains nearby, monitoring his condition as Vexx lifts the unconsciousness he had placed on his apprentice. His arm has been stitched and bandaged; packed with bacta gel packs and the bone set in a cast. Across the room, Vexx stands shrouded in shadows, his eyes glowing eerily in the dark and giving him the look of a hulking monster stalking in the corner.

“Awaken, Katagaris Pandemonium,” his rumbling cybernetic voice commands, “Now that you have officially surrendered yourself to my teachings, there is much to be done. I must restore your connection to the Force first and foremost, but I prefer you to be awake for that.”

He watches and waits as the Kaleesh assassin begins to stir, his fingers twitching from their place peeking out of the cast on his injured arm. Vexx can also see Katagaris’s eyes rolling and shifting beneath his closed eyelids. Still, the metal monstrosity is patient as he waits for Katagaris to come to, but below the calm exterior, he is eager to begin crafting his apprentice into a fully fledged Sith.

Tag: @Katagaris Pandemonium

Katagaris may have seemed asleep or peaceful in his unconscious state, but his personalities were having a heating fight within his mind. Katagaris's personality looked around at the image his mind conjured when he meets with his personalities. It was a room with black walls, black floors, and a starry sky above. The only defining feature in the room was a knee high table that was surrounded by three chairs. Each chair was different in style reflecting the personality who occupied the seat. One was cracked stone and had hides of dead animals draped over the back. Skins of various alien races occupied the seat and arm rests. The second was a rather wide chair almost as wide as a couch. The seat was very comfortable looking as if it's occupant didn't have a care in the world. The third and final seat was a simple woven mat laid on the ground. The seats were arranged in a circle around the table, each the exact same distance from the table and each other. Katagaris rose before the other personalities, likely because he had more willpower than the other two. Holding up his right arm he looked at the leather wraps that surrounded his forearms. His left arm was whole and undamaged as if it wasn't shattered at all. His clothing reflected a modest style with a brown tunic, arm wraps, form fitting pants that ended at his first knee, and no foot coverings to complete his attire. Hearing a low rumble as Bàmpa Giànka rose from his slumber. Katagaris turned to look at the other part of him, "You look like you've been through hell." Katagaris said jokingly. Bàmpa merely huffed in response steam coming out of his nostrils in two distinct streams. His garb was a black cloak with the hem torn and battered, no shirt, and a loin cloth that reached down to his mid thigh. Bàmpa sat down in the cracked chair and began picking at his nails in boredom. Katagaris remained standing waiting on Pandemonium to join them, thankfully he did not have to wait long, the third and final personality arrived with the stench of putrid flesh that quickly faded, but not before every present personality smelled the offensive smell. Neither Bàmpa or Katagaris gave Pandemonium a reaction.

"You're late, we've been waiting. Have a seat Pandemonium." Katagaris gestured to the large chair.

Pandemonium held up his hand to Katagaris. "Now now, one moment. I'm sure that you're so impatient for good reason, but frankly... I don't care. I'll take my seat when I damn well please."

Bàmpa scoffed at Pandemonium's reaction.
"Jag insåg inte att du var ledaren för oss, jag valde dig inte att leda."

Katagaris glared at Bàmpa, but gave no reaction. All they were trying to do was bait him into fighting them which he knew he would not come out of unscathed. Finally Pandemonium sat down sprawling on the seat lazily. Katagaris kneeled on the mat with his butt resting on his heels.

"First order of business. What are your thoughts on our new Master?" Katagaris began the discussion with a simple question.

Pandemonium answered quickly. "Well he is big, made of metal, and he is good with a lightsaber." Pandemonium willed a glass of wine into his hand which he began sipping slowly.

Katagaris sighed, he wasn't expecting an actual response so at least he got a comment about his skill with a lightsaber.

"Han kämpar bra." Bàmpa simply said.

Pandemonium and Katagaris glanced at each other. Neither of them were surprised at his answer, it's the truth all of them know.

Pandemonium downed the rest of his wine and tossed the glass behind him then leaned forward twords Bàmpa smirking.

"I'll say, he shattered your arm then made you come scuttling back so the big kids could take care of you."

Bàmpa stood up quickly and lunged at Pandemonium's throat. Katagaris lifted his right hand a swiped his index and middle finger to the left so Bàmpa flew back to his seat. Having the most willpower came with perks when in your own mind. Pandemonium opened his mouth to speak, eyes with a malicious glint, before anything could come out Katagaris pinched his two fingers and second thumb together and brought them across his lips. Pandemonium moved his mouth yet no sound left, it was if the volume got turned all the way down to zero. Katagaris rose to his feet slowly, taking a moment to look at the two personalities. Bàmpa thrashing to get at Pandemonium and Pandemonium silently egging Bàmpa on mouthing insults at him. Katagaris knew that if he lost just a smidge of his will this place would become utter chaos.

“Awaken, Katagaris Pandemonium,” A voice is heard only by Pandemonium, “Now that you have officially surrendered yourself to my teachings, there is much to be done. I must restore your connection to the Force first and foremost, but I prefer you to be awake for that.”

Katagaris closed his eyes and focused on his body he felt his aches return as he regained consciousness, his head hurt a little even though he did not get hit in the head during the fight, he opened his eyes groaning. He looked around and started a little when he saw the Med droid standing over him. Blinking a couple times as his eyes adjusted to the light. He tried to sit up as he held his healing arm. Looking for his Master.

IC - Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Lair of Grievance - Med Bay

Unaware of the converging opinions of his apprentice’s multiple personalities, Vexx has begun to pace restlessly, giving the impression that impatience festers within him, but this is quite the contrary. His patience is rarely close to exhaustion. He is, however, prone to simple restlessness. Living in a cybernetic shell that is never silent can tend to do that to an individual after a couple of decades. Motion is effective in distracting him from the incessant whirring, hissing, and clicking of his life support system.

EV-A4-D is silent as his master moves in a steady back and forth rhythm, unnervingly quiet but for the soft clanking of his talons against the floor. The droid doesn’t say anything. He truthfully has never been involved in Vexx’s business with an apprentice before. Not that it makes much of a difference to him. A4-D generally doesn’t care. At least, that is the front he maintains most of the time, but Vexx knows better. EV-A4-D may have a deplorable bedside manner, but there is no one the Cruor Krigsbefallaf trusts more when he needs medical attention.

As Katagaris stirs, Vexx’s sensitive hearing catches the change in his apprentice’s breathing. It goes from deep and restful to shallow; wary. He has questions. Vexx can sense this even without the Force and he is glad. An apprentice with no questions would be a cause for concern to him. The one who questions, wishes to learn; the one who does not, thinks he knows all. The latter is a dangerous place to be.

“Welcome back, Apprentice,” the cyborg’s gruff voice may sound louder than it really is, ringing inside Katagaris’s concussed head, “I trust you are ready to have the Force returned to you.”

It is a statement, not a question, which gives Katagaris little cause to doubt Vexx is about to lift his Force Sever. The cyborg has never been one for formalities or giving anyone much of a warning before he does anything. He is as direct and blunt as a baseball bat and this instance is no different. In fact, immediately after the words have left him, he retracts his block on the Force, barring nothing as the power returns to its owner with all the impact of a speeding freight train.

Katagaris's head pounded and the words he heard were fuzzy, but he understood what was about to happen. He laid back down and braced himself for the return of his power. Gritting his teeth and clenching his right hand as he felt the floodgates lift as his power began to flow back into him. Arching his back and hands grasping for something, but not finding anything to clench as he writhed in pain. All of the personalities felt it such was it's intimate all consuming pain. His exposed flesh began spasming as his muscles clenched and relaxed quickly. His eyes snapped open as he stared into the ceiling, mouth shut tightly trying to keep in any sounds of pain. He wasn't going to show too much weakness before his Master. He felt his power slowly settle back into his bones, blood, and body. His heart rate slowed although his head pounded harder then ever before. Finally the muscles stopped quaking and settled down. Katagaris attempted to sit up, but due to his lightheadedness he barely got off the table. Fully focusing on the endeavor of rising to a sitting position he slowly sat up. His body felt... Different, as if something fundamental about it had changed. He knew he was confused, but it wasn't that. He glanced down as his arms slowly as to not move his head and incur the wrath of his pain he widened his eyes in shock and surprise. The blood veins had become pronounced and we're throbbing. They weren't the normal colour however, they were now a dark purple almost black. Confused he looked at the rest of his body and noticed the same thing happened throughout his body. He sees his Master and he slides to the floor with a dull thud as he lands on his knees.
"My apologies for my poor show earlier and just then. What do you command of us Master?" His voice slightly slurred, but determined.

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Lair of Grievance - Med Bay

The cyborg is well aware of how terrifying the return of the Force can be after a Sever has been lifted. He remembers the first time he had been made aware that he had the capacity to do this to another Force-user. It had been completely accidental and executed on another apprentice who had later become his closest friend and ally among the Sith. She had made it very clear to him that the whole ordeal was not fun.

He watches with no visible concern as Katagaris reabsorbs his Force power. However, he does take note of the strange alteration in the color of his apprentice’s veins. That is certainly nothing he has ever witnessed before and he makes a mental note of it in case anything seems abnormal when Katagaris regains full control of his faculties.

As the younger Kaleesh at last attempts to rise and ends up collapsing on his knees, Vexx comes near and places a steadying hand on his apprentice’s shoulder. He becomes slightly alarmed as Katagaris feels abnormally warm to the touch—almost as though he has been in the sun too long. This is definitely not something he has seen before.

“An apology is not necessary,” he replies calmly, “The return of one’s power is never a leisurely stroll. It usually returns like a battering ram to the face. You’ve done well, considering. How do you feel?”

Ordinarily, he would not ask about the well-being of one he has just lifted a Force Sever from, but he can sense something isn’t quite right about this particular instance. The physical evidence that something is amiss has him genuinely concerned. Perhaps this stems from the fact that Katagaris is one of his own. Of course, he doesn’t let his concern waylay the progress of his determined underling.

“I do not want you doing anything that could cause you further injury at the moment,” he replies to Katagaris’s question, “I would prefer that you allow your arm time to heal before you embark on any missions where combat is a possibility. Instead, I would like for you to use this downtime to expand your knowledge, for knowledge is power. You are not the first Kaleesh apprenticing to become Sith, nor am I the first Kaleesh to become a Sith Lord. There were others who came before us; proud members of our race representing our culture within the Sith faction.”

He withdraws a small remote control from his cloak and presses it into Katagaris’s good hand. “This will give you access to my study in the upper east wing of this fortress. There you will find access to data files, most pertaining to our people and their history. I want you to find one Kaleesh Sith Lord in our history and commit your studies to the individual you choose. When you have gathered all the information you can on the Kaleesh Sith of your choosing, report back to me and tell me of your findings. Take your time and be thorough. Your arm will thank you for every bit of rest you allow it.”

OOC- This is a research task, so please do take the time to gather information to present an informative essay. You can, of course, present it in character when you are ready. If you have any questions, you can always PM me on Messenger.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

Back
    Top Bottom