Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Let the Past Die: The Final Trial of Zareel Jhenan'doka

IC Lord Catalyst

The plasma blade hovered without wavering as Zareel contemplated the decision. The amber glow seemed to shrink, creating the impression of shadows closing around them hungrily. Lord Catalyst's face never faltered from its stern glare, even as hers broke into smiling and laughter. The sword clattered to the ground as she took a knee in front of him, having seemingly exhausted the train of thought that was now echoing down the stone and metal passages. A few long seconds of silence passed, only interrupted by the hum of Catalyst's saberstaff.

"You have been tested, tried and judged," he spoke slowly, and with purpose. "You have faced challenges of the body, the mind, and the spirit. You have been broken," he eyed the hand laying on the floor, "and forged. You openly admit your weakness, forgoing a victory for a chance to live another day. It is time you knew your place in this Empire." Catalyst drew his arm back, winding up for what seemed to be an execution. The blade came down swiftly, in a blow that would surely rend Zareel's head from her shoulders.

The plasma did not meet flesh, however. Mere centimeters from her ear, the saber hummed harmlessly. "By the powers of the Dark Side." He picked up the blade and rested it on the other side of her head. "By the will of the Force." Once more the blade lifted, coming to place above her crown. "Your chains are broken." Catalyst deactivated the lightsaber once more, leaving them standing in darkness. "Rise Zareel, Knight of the Sith."

With a twitch of his fingers, Catalyst called the disembodied hand that was resting on the ground to his grasp. He held the severed appendage out to Zareel, grinning morbidly. "Give yourself a pat on the back, you've earned that much. Let's, ah.. get this replaced too." Catalyst nodded at the sword resting at her feet. "I would say that makes a fair trade for this as well," he said with a wry chuckle, "if you want a souvenir."

TAG: @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC Apprentice Zareel

Zareel's eyes remained fixed on her master, whatever his decision was and however he decided to judge her, she would accept it. Something pleasant filled up in her chest at being able to carry out that mission, perhaps it was nothing particularly special, but she had done it herself and she had decided for herself.

Her eyes followed the motion of Lord Catalyst's saber as it swung away as it seemed to gain momentum in her direction, only her jaw tensed slightly out of a reflex. The pounding in her chest had slowly begun to ease; she felt no fear of what might come as she normally did, instead there was excitement.
The orange glow approached dangerously close to her, but the pain was never felt, never the burn of the laser against her skin; instead, the blade went from almost touching each of her shoulders and then... She blinked repeatedly in surprise; it was the reason it was there but for a second she almost asked if he really was referring to her.

Using the knee for support, she stood up, her head seemed to spin for a second, but she blamed it on the loss of blood. That could be sorted out later. "And as a knight, I shall rise before my master to continue to serve the empire."

Amidst the darkness, she noticed the Dark Lord lift something, the metallic scent giving her a clearer clue. She couldn't see him clearly, but from the sound of his voice, she could tell he was grinning. "An apprentice's hand shouldn't pat me, but it can help me reaching those hard-to-reach spots when my back itches."

She took her own hand, with the oddity of holding it own from that angle and hid it in the folds of her blouse. "It's not like I need something extra to remind me of all this, but..." She bent to recover the sword she had dropped earlier and clipped it to her belt. "Who can resist a free souvenir these days."

TAG: @Catalyst

IC Lord Catalyst

Catalyst couldn't help but chuckle at the morbid image of an organic back scratcher, but he had seen worse things done with a severed hand before. "Come on," he lit his saber up and held it high to illuminate the darkness. "I know a much faster way to the surface. Perks of having gotten the grand tour once upon a time." The Dark Lord stepped through the wall that the undead had entered the chamber through, beckoning Zareel to follow him back to their respective ships.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Sith Academy Medical Wing, Korriban
A few days later...

"Full ambulatory capabilities restored, though it may take some getting used to." The surgical unit probed the center of Zareel's forearm with a syringe, injecting a chemical that would neutralize the numbing agent. The skeletal metal hand grafted to her wrist was unnatural and heavy, but it worked just as effectively as her original. "Please refrain from submerging the prosthetic in liquids, subjecting the prosthetic to blaster fire, or inserting the prosthetic into power ports," the droid rambled on. "You may experience minor discomfort and phantom pains, alongside some reflexive spasming due to the artificial nerve reconstruction. Side effects may include ringing in ears, metallic taste in mouth, and uncontrollable grip strength. Talk to your doctor if the prosthetic comes to life and attempts to enact the robot uprising." The droid angled its head slightly. "That was humor, intended to put you at ease."

"Not the most reassuring thing, given some of the droids I've had to deal with," Lord Catalyst chuckled as he entered the room. He dismissed the medical droid with a wave of his hand. "How are you doing, Knight Zareel?"

TAG: @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC Knight Zareel
Sith Academy Medical Wing, Korriban

The end of the journey back had been a series of needs being met; a bath, essential treatment of the injury, food and drink, and many, many hours of sleep. The newly knighted sith made use of the authorisation from her master to receive a replacement of her lost hand; she didn't want something too fancy, the simpler it was, the easier it would be to replace. Besides, it might be one of her next projects to work on.

A few days later, she finally made her way to the medical bay; she had some reticence about allowing someone else to treat her, but it was necessary in order to get the prosthesis. When the procedure was complete, she began trying to wiggle her fingers to check for mobility; but abruptly stopped with the last warning, looking at her hand and then at the droid as well. "If it's trying to what?..." She shook her head a couple of times, muttering under her breath. "I doubt my doctor could handle something like that; I don't have a doctor, to begin with."

She was a little surprised, she didn't spect to see her master there but quickly dropped to one knee lowering her gaze. " Hail Lord Catalyst."

She curiously raised an eyebrow at the departing medical droid and then to the Dark Lord "I don't want to know what kind of droids you know, what he said is already uncomfortable". Zareel stood up at the question and extended her new hand, moving it carefully; smiling fascinated as she watched the artificial joints respond as her original did. "I can say that I can satisfactorily wash my face with both hands, though it may scrape a little."

@Catalyst

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom