Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Hadzuska’s Takeover of the Cult of the Old Gods

Darth Cold

Dark Council
A Shuttle lands upon an apparently deserted asteroid. Two figures step from it and begin to hide it from view. As they finish their task they make their way to a hidden alcove, only to be met by an angry Togruta. “Where have you been? The ceremony is about to start and it’s your turn to sacrifice the prisoner.

Hadzuska chuckled before answering. “Calm yourself Jeelta. I was contacted by the Old Gods, and they sent me to collect this one. They informed me that he was important and that I should keep him close.

Jeelta was taken aback, but this was not the first time Hadzuska had mentioned to him, and others that the Gods had spoken to him. Perhaps he really was a Prophet, only time would tell. The fact he found this random child out here was definitely intriguing. Normally they would kidnap someone from a random planet, but he wasn’t gone long enough to do that.

They all went down to the dungeon where the rest of the cultists waited. “Make your choice Jester.” Jeelta said snidely. He didn’t really believe in this stuff; it was just a way for him to hold power over others.

Hadzuska hated that name, it was too close of a reminder of the monster that left him the scars. If he hadn’t decided it was time before, Jeelta had confirmed it was now. He stepped forward and began to raise his hand to make a choice, then he secretly manipulated the Force so that a red aura could be seen by everyone as he turned towards Jeelta. “The Gods have had enough of the random people joining them. They wish for a true shepherd, they want you.” Faking a distorted voice Hadzuska announced to the rest of the Cultists as he pointed at the Cult Leader himself, Jeelta.

Jeelta, who had been looking smug moments before, stared in shock until the cultists turned on him, binding, and ignoring his screams in protest. “NO! YOU CAN”T DO THIS! YOU AREN”T ANYTHING WITHOUT ME! HE LIES! SEIZE HIM NOT ME! NOOOOOO!!!” And then they muffled his mouth as they carried him from the dungeon to the sacrificial room.

Hadzuska and Samael stayed behind for a moment to be out of earshot. “Stay in the back of the room, and when the blade pierces his heart, make the flames grow bright.

Samael looked confused. “I thought he was your friend. Why did you turn on him like that?

Hadzuska chuckled. “Why would I befriend someone who bullies me? No, I waited for the right time and then I struck. These people have been repressed long enough, I decided to free them from his control. Now come.

As they entered the sacrificial room, Hadzuska raised his hood, and Samael followed his cue by raising his own before stepping to the side in the back. Hadzuska solemnly walked to the front of the room, between the cultists who had split into two groups. Rounding the altar Hadzuska stood before the cult and over their leader who was laid out on the altar. “Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome. We are here today, as we are here each month at this time, to lay praise to the Gods and gift them with a life.

Hadzuska retrieves his ceremonial dagger, hidden within his robes, and unsheathes it before them. “Ir ri wadinti iw ri Zûtahori Nia, Nu warji j'us an ruai imrsas ri awuzi iw isatratsa dias ani wisaz wirjuri satyijau'ira.” (In the name of the Old Gods, I send you to live out the rest of eternity as their ever devoted servant.) Hadzuska brings the blade down into Jeelta’s chest, and pierces his heart. As he does so the flames of the torches and candles all grow higher and brighter, then dim back down to where they were as he removes the blade. He then chants, which is repeated back to him. “Wisa kruso ri Zûtahori Nia!” (All hail the Old Gods)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, Hadzuska feigns sleeping as he manipulates the Force to keep two illusions intact. He knew there was going to be a retaliation for what he did by Jeelta’s inner circle. And he was right. Five of them entered his sleeping quarters, eyeing the sleeping Samael in the corner before beginning to circumvent the fire in the middle of the room. Suddenly the fire’s shape changed, and a living version of one of the idols they prayed to stood there bathed in fire. “You dare to attack my prophet?” It bellows in the distorted voice that Hadzuska had once heard before, launching a ball of fire at the closest one to it.

They cry out in terror as another ball of fire is launched, and another. “He is under MY protection!” It bellows before fire flies from it’s maw at another. The last of them escaped, but it was too late, Hadzuska saw who it was.

Once no one else was left alive in the room, Hadzuska let the illusions fall. Samael was no longer sleeping in the corner, but standing where the Old God was. “Well done, my new friend. You and I will do wonders together, I promise you that. Now come, it’s time to convene with the others and announce the attempt on my life.

Samael smiles at the mention of being Hadzuska’s friend, even if he was a bit afraid of him. Sauntering after him, they are quickly amongst others of the cult asking questions of what was going on, and what was that noise. Hadzuska quickly took over, and made himself known. “Brothers and Sisters, there was just an attempt on my life moments ago. One of the Old Gods came to my rescue, and killed four of the five assassins. The last was able to get away, but the knowledge of who it was is known. It was Kiera Langotar. She and the other four were upset over the death of our dearly departed leader Jeelta. But it was a command of the Gods and we are nothing but servants of their will. With Jeelta gone we do need someone to lead, and as one that convenes with the Gods, I will put my name forward.

Hadzuska waits for anyone to challenge, which no one does, before continuing. “As I have not heard any disagreement, my first act as leader is to call for Kiera’s exile so that she will not harm any of us ever again.” Confusion about exile over death was apparent, and was quickly addressed. “A traitor has no right to join our righteous Gods.” Which was quickly agreed on.

Waiting for them to calm down, he continued. “My second act as leader is to speak the God’s newest command. With their greatest servant having joined them, they no longer require sacrifices until further notice, and instead wish that we use the prisoners as our own servants. Now no sacrifices, does not mean they do not want us to stop worshipping them, which we shall continue to do. The prisoners are to be trained as servants so that they may serve the Gods better when they wish us to resume the sacrifices, so do not get too attached, but enjoy.

With that all said and done, he saw to the exile of Kiera Langotar before returning to his chambers. This was going to be a good life for him. As long as he kept them happy, he had a seat of power to work from without interruptions, all from the shadows.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom