Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Apprenticeship of Luca Gallun

skira

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Final Triumvirate
Dark Council
This thread will show the teachings of Luca Gallun.

@ManBad

A Simple Test
IC: Lady Kolasi
Kaas City, Dromund Kaas
BEF14712-6CAD-42BC-849C-35ED75CFCF41.jpeg
A Simple Test

Theed, Naboo

Blue neon lights flashed against the smoke that lingered in the air of a cantina in the city of Theed. The main floor was filled with various attendees, most were too inebriated to notice anything out of the ordinary, and were too focused on the music that filled the room. In a back room sat Lasy Kolasi, who quietly examined information on her data pad.

Her apprentice, Ragnorak, was on leave from the Sith. A small part of her had missed the apprentice, but she hadn’t allowed herself to dwell on it. She wanted to share her knowledge, and to train someone in the ways of the Sith.

She had kept her eyes on the new Acolytes, waiting for one to catch her eye. And finally, one had. Luca Gallun, a warrior and newcomer to the Sith. He was impressive enough from what she could tell, but a test would prove if he would be worthy of her time.

“Acolyte Luca, I request your presence at these coordinates on Naboo. I will be in a back room of this establishment. I wish to test you and see if you are worthy of becoming an apprentice to a Dark Lady of the Sith. Prove yourself, and through my teachings you shall grow stronger than you ever thought possible.”

~Lady Kolasi”

(OOC: Post your CS below. Once I approve it with an angry react, you may make your entry post. As always, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!)

TAG: @ManBad

Name: Luca Gallun
Class: Sith Warrior
House: Cruor
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Homeworld: Coruscant
Height: 187
Weight: 75kg
Physical Description: I am nothing out of the ordinary, but still I'm imposing enough to have had a couple of years as a mercenary, most often as security.
My hair is medium length and my beard is either shaven or sometimes I let it grow out a little bit.
Weapon: Usually only carries lightsaber, but own pistols. A remnant from his mercenary past.
Equipment/Vehicle: Old, very used Corellian Engineering YT-2000
Languages: Basic, Huteese
Description of Abilities: While I'm not a brute, I often end up doing the dirty work. As per my previous employment, I am used to dealing with individuals who are in my way, often through means of fighting. But as I said, I am not a brute, I strive for knowledge, for power.
Strengths: Persistent, intelligent, aspiring - and willing to work for it.
Flaws: Gets very upset at setbacks. I'm also somewhat of an idealist, in a way where I often get upset when things are not in the order I want them.
Relationships/Love Interests (optional):
Biography: I was born on Coruscant, but I don't remember much of it. My father started becoming more successful around the time I was born, and I spent much of my time on a spaceship, travelling to new planets where I would live a couple of months for my father's business. When I was 14, our yacht got attacked by pirates, that was the last I ever saw of my family. The pirates took me onboard simply because I didn't get killed along with the rest by some luck. I spent three years with them. I loathed them, but I had to work if I wanted to survive. I learned a lot of skills there. They also made me kill someone for the first time. I escaped one day when we were on Tatooine, the crew got drunk and I just ran off, I didn't even contemplate it. I managed to survive several months by stealing. It was on Tatooine that I first felt a strong feeling of the force, but I didn't quite understand it at the time. I got employed as a mercenary, often operating as a security guard for caravans, trading freighters and other institutions. I found a use for this feeling I had, I could sense if there was any danger about it, and my reflexes were very fast too, thanks to the force.
Skills (10 points):
Form:
  • Form I: Shii-Cho​
    • Form II: Makashi​

• Total points: 2​

Force powers:
  • Augmentation
  • Force jump
  • Force sense
  • Telekinesis
  • Force push
  • Force shock
  • Force Wound
  • Convection
Total points: 8

TAG: @skira

Last edited:
IC: Luca Gallun

In orbit of Korriban

Sitting at a table in his ship, Luca observed the message he had received. It seemed like a Sith lord had taken interest in him, possibly wanting him as an apprentice. Luca had already spent some time on Korriban, training and studying. Fighting wasn't anything new for him, lightsaber combat however was something completely different. This was his chance to truly start his new life as a Sith. You can learn a lot from reading in an archive, you can learn a lot from sparring with a dummy. But actually getting out there, is something else entirely.
Feeling the excitement of wanting to receive his real assignment, Luca went to the cockpit and engaged his hyperdrive on course to Naboo not longer than an hour after receiving the message.

Naboo - Theed
Luca liked cities, growing up on Coruscant. Walking through a populated city is more anonymous than walking alone through a wasteland. This sentiment was reflected in the clothing Luca wore. Black, sleek and lightweight shirt and pants. And a covering cloak that could make him completely anonymous in a crowd. Theed was a large city, but still not as populated as an average district in Coruscant. Luca had never been to Naboo. It was green, it was beautiful and it was very much... alive. There were countless animals and different species there. This wasn't where he would have expected to be sent.
Arriving at the cantina that he was directed to, he felt that this was very much a place where one could go, and not be noticed.
Luca scanned the establishment and located the table Lady Kolasi was seated at. Making his way over there, he was unsure of how he would greet her. When he was at the table, he kneeled, "Lady Kolasi". Then he sat down opposite her. A droid acting as a server for the cantina came and asked if they wished for drinks, Luca said no. And waited for his master's introduction.

OOC: I hope this is formatted okay, and this was very fun to write!

Theed, Naboo

“Acolyte Luca,” Kolasi started, examining the warrior before her. As he sat, she stood, her cane supporting her as she examined him. Even sitting down, she could tell he was much taller than she was. She took a few steps back and forth, looking at him as if he were a big u see a microscope.

“You’re a warrior, yes? My other Apprentice is a warrior as well, I’ve found that teaching one is quite different than how I was taught. But, it’s a balance of strengths. As you grow as a Sith, you will be able to do things that I could never do, and vice versa. It’s quite interesting, when you think about it,” She said, her cane clicking against the floor of the room as she walked.

“As I told you before, I would like to test you before you officially become my Apprentice. While physical strength is important as a Warrior, there are other skills that are just as important. Far too often, there will be Sith that focus on a set of skills too much, which can lead to their downfall…” She paused, and stood straight ahead of him.

“If you are to be my apprentice, this will not be the case. While you are a warrior, you will be skilled in other uses of the force. You must be just as strong mentally as you are physically. This will test your mental strength, and see if you are truly strong enough to handle being an apprentice of a Dark Lady. Are you ready to begin?”

Theed, Naboo

Lady Kolasi had risen, and Luca felt somewhat awkward sitting. But he chose not to rise.
She used a cane, Luca did not expect this. But as he had recently learnt, force power had little to do with physical strength. This actually made Luca even more excited about the prospect of having this Dark Lady of the Sith as his master, as he sensed she possessed immense power.
Lady Kolasi explained the nature of their meeting and continued, “This will test your mental strength, and see if you are truly strong enough to handle being an apprentice of a Dark Lady. Are you ready to begin?”
He looked at her, practising a neutral face, “Yes, I am.”

“I want to know everything,” Kolasi’s voice echoed throughout his mind. An eery feeling would begin to creep into Luca’s mind, and if he resisted, it would feel as if she was physically prying through his memories. Her eyes shut as she hid this, and her hand twisted slightly as the seconds went by.

(OOC: You obviously may decide how this affects you. If you choose to resist it, you will begin to feel a struggling sort of pain. If not, the seconds will go by rather quickly.)

“There they are,” She whispered again, smiling slightly. She opened her eyes and stepped back, her eyes fixed on the face of the acolyte.

“Let’s go for a walk, by the river” She said, and walked out of the room and through the club. The city of Theed was more quiet now, and it seemed as if hours had gone by. Had it really been that long?

“You come from Coruscant, yes? Is your family still there?” She asked the Acolyte as she walked, her cane clicking against the stoned street of the Naboo city.

Powers Used:
Telepathy- 4
Prob Mind- 3

Tag: @ManBad

Theed, Naboo

"I want to know everything", the words echoed through his mind. Everything else went quiet. He felt as if she was physically entering his mind, he started to resist. That soon led to a sharp, but unplaceable, pain.
Feeling this, and realising Lady Kolasi most probably wouldn't hurt him in any serious way, he stopped resisting and allowed her to continue. "There they are," Kolasi said, Luca opened his eyes. It felt as if he had them shut for ages, or woke up from a long sleep, the light hurt his eyes somewhat.
They exited the cantina, walking alongside the river, Kolasi asked "You come from Coruscant, yes? Is your family still there?"
"I might have some family there, though no one that I know." He walked slowly, to keep up with her disabled walk. "My immediate family is all dead." He talked slowly, and Kolasi kept listening.
"They were all killed by pirates, and I became their prisoner. Although they didn't keep me in my cell. They made me work for them." In his mind, diverse scenes played. How his father was killed in front of him, on his knees. His mother screamed, clutching to get away from her captors' grip. Soon after getting stabbed herself. His sister, two years older than himself, sitting in the corner. She was crying in a fetal position. He himself was lying on the floor behind the pirates, having become unconscious from an explosive blast and regaining consciousness just in time to see his parent's death.
"I am the sole surviving Gallun, and all that made us was lost the same as my family."
Telling his story, Luca made no expression of his feelings.

Theed, Naboo

She listened as the Acolyte spoke, taking mental notes of what he said. “My father used to say we were the last Kira’s, which was always strange to me. Our dynasty dates back to the times of Freedon Naad and the beast riders of Onderon, so I always wondered if he was telling the truth. It turned out that he was lying about all of it, I even have a brother. Family has a strange way of finding you sometimes.”

They approached a small park, though there still seemed to be no one around at this time. Three figures sat on the ground, their heads covered with a piece of cloth.

“I told you when you came here that there would be a test. Searching through your mind gave me the tools to create this test, it was not the test itself. This,” She paused, handing him a dagger from her waist holster. It was of iron-composite, with an elegant hilt.

“Is my personal weapon. I enjoy throwing daggers, but that is not one of them. I stole it from my home the night I escaped, and I’ve kept it with me ever since. You will use it to kill these three people. Do it, and you will be my Apprentice.” She finished and stepped over to stand behind the three people, who’s faces were still covered. But with a flick of her wrist, the cloths all moved off their faces and flew to the side on the ground.

And kneeling there, in front of him, we’re the faces of his mother, father and sister.

Powers Used:
Telekinesis- 4
[Redacted] - 4 (Power will be added back at the end)

Theed, Naboo

It took him a moment before realising what was before him. Luca didn't know what to feel, but he felt a whole flood of emotions nonetheless. He looked over towards Kolasi, taking the dagger from her hands. Lady Kolasi simply looked intently at him, supporting herself with her cane. This was a test, he realised. His parents and his sister had been dead to him for years, killing one of them now would simply bring back the other two to life. 'No,' He thought, that was not a logical conclusion. Where had they been for all these years? Had they not fallen dead, just before his eyes? Was this all an illusion?
For a single moment, Luca dropped his hands down to his hips, almost releasing his grip of the blade, to let it fall to the ground. Their lives did not matter anymore. Their life, or death, didn't bring Luca anything. Committing fully to his new path, he stepped towards his father and slit his throat. Blood poured from the long gash, a gurgling sound coming from attempted breaths mixing with the oozing of blood. Soon thereafter, he fell to the ground with a thump. Blood continued to flow out like from one of the fountains in the park they were in.
Luca took a step to the right, now standing in front of his mother. He slit her throat.
His sister looked over in terror. Luca stood before her, sticking his knife into her throat and with a slash slicing up her throat several decimeters.
Luca now stood, his boots covered with the blood of his own father, his own mother, and his own sister, silent. Feeling nothing anymore. The emotions that had sprung up within him before, were simply the remenants of his pre-sith self.
Luca cleaned the blade on his trousers, the dark red blood from the throat's artery barely making a stain on the black of his trousers. He walked back to Kolasi, kneeling and offering back her blade.
'Master, it is done.'

Theed, Naboo

The Dark Lady smiled down at the Apprentice, watching as the illusions she had created vanished. She was right about this one, as she had been right about the Apprentice that preceded him. She would never waste her time with someone that was not fully prepared to learn the ways of the Force, and willingness to sacrifice everything about oneself to do so was necessary.

“From this day on, you shall be my Apprentice. I will train you in the ways of the force, I will push you to your limits and well past them to do so. You will be stronger than you ever thought possible.”

“Rise, Apprentice. There is much work to be done.

(OOC: You may now update your CS to reflect your new standing as my Apprentice. I will post your first task after this, it will be under this same thread. You are a wonderful writer, and I look forward to working with you! As always, my PM’s are always open with any questions or concerns you may have. If there are things about your character you would like to discuss, or things you would like your character to go through, message me! This is your Apprenticeship, and you have every opportunity to make it what you want.)

Task 1 for Apprentice Luca Gallun.

With the flash from a Holo, the newly anointed Apprentice of Lady Kolasi received his first task.

“Hello Apprentice. For your first task, it will be more of a research one. I would like you to find 5 powers you would like to learn. As you are an Apprentice now, you have more ability than what you previously had as an Acolyte. With each power, give a brief explanation as to why you would like to learn it.”

With that, the Holo shut off, leaving the Apprentice to do his work.

(OOC: This task is very simple, but necessary. As you are now my Apprentice, you will rank up to Level 2 after this task. With that, you will receive an additional 5 points on your CS. As you are only at level 2, those points can only be added to new powers (you may not level up force powers to level 2 until you reach level 3, which will be later in your apprenticeship). Here is the link for the Force Power List.

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to reach out to me!)

Luca was sitting in the archives of Korriban, he had read about force usage and knew what he wanted to learn going forwards. Telepathy would be immensely useful in several scenarios. Manipulating unknowing people or communication when verbal communication isn't possible, telepathy would open up many doors. Mind Trick. would continue his skill into using telepathy for his own gains. Communicating is one thing, but actually subverting someone's free will without having to convince them would be a luxury. Continuing with telepathy, Mental Shield would come in useful as a defence from other force users. Fighting another force user isn't up to physical strength, force power is the most defining factor.
Knowing Force Sense already, he thought that Precognition would be necessary for prevailing in almost any combat encounter. This would improve his reflexes even above the unnatural reflexes his force sensitivity already gave him. Levitation would be a skill that could be used widely, but Luca mostly had in mind using it for combat. Unsteady terrain and shaking ground would now only be a problem for his adversary.
With this list of powers. Luca Gallun returned to his master.

OC:
Quick list of the powers I chose and their requirements for ease of checking:
  1. Telepathy (none)
  2. Mind trick (Telepathy)
  3. Mental Shield (Telepathy)
  4. Precognition (Force sense)
  5. Levitation (Telekinesis)
Class: Sith Warrior
House: Cruor
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Homeworld: Coruscant
Height: 187
Weight: 75kg
Physical Description: I am nothing out of the ordinary, but still I'm imposing enough to have had a couple of years as a mercenary, most often as security.
My hair is medium length and my beard is either shaven or sometimes I let it grow out a little bit.
Weapon: Usually only carries lightsaber, but own pistols. A remnant from his mercenary past.
Equipment/Vehicle: Old, very used Corellian Engineering YT-2000
Pets (optional): -
Languages: Basic, Huteese
Description of Abilities: While I'm not a brute, I often end up doing the dirty work. As per my previous employment, I am used to dealing with individuals who are in my way, often through means of fighting. But as I said, I am not a brute,
I strive for knowledge, for power.
Strengths: Persistent, intelligent, aspiring - and willing to work for it.
Flaws: Gets very upset at setbacks. I'm also somewhat of an idealist, in a way where I often get upset when things are not in the order I want them.
Relationships/Love Interests (optional):
Biography: I was born on Coruscant, but I don't remember much of it. My father started becoming more successful around the time I was born, and I spent much of my time on a spaceship, travelling to new planets where I would live for a couple of months for my father's business.
When I was 14, our Yacht got attacked by pirates, that was the last I ever saw of my family. The pirates took me onboard simply because I didn't get killed along with the rest by some luck.
I spent three years with them, I loathed them, but I had to work if I wanted to survive. I learned a lot of skills there. I escaped one day when we were on Tatooine, the crew got drunk and I just ran off, I didn't even contemplate it. I managed to survive several months by stealing.
It was on Tatooine that I first felt a strong feeling of the force, but I didn't quite understand it at the time. I got employed as a mercenary, often operating as a security guard for caravans, trading freighters and other institutions
Skills (10 points):
Form:
Form I: Shii-Cho
Form II: Makashi
Total points: 2

Force powers:
Augmentation
Force jump
Force sense
Telekinesis
Force push
Force shock
Force Wound
Convection
Telepathy
Mind Trick
Mental Shield
Precognition
Levitation

Total points: 12

Last edited:
These are great skills to choose when starting out, Apprentice. You are very well rounded with your skills as an Apprentice, which is a skill some have to learn. You will not! Make sure to list your powers with a 1 after them to show what level they are all at, but beyond that your character sheet looks great!

Example:
Levitation- 1

Now, the real work may begin. You are awarded 4 Prestige for this task, standby for your first mission.

Training Grounds, Korriban

Lady Kolasi paced in the small area surrounding her, looking down at her lightsaber. She had dueled her Master here once before, it was only fitting that she'd duel her own Apprentice here. Raising her wrist, she pressed a button and began recording a small message for Luca.

"Apprentice Luca, it is time we officially begin your training. Meet me on Korriban, you shall have your first duel."

In Korriban orbit

Luca didn't know what to expect. His first test had been one of showing commitment. This would have to be one of strength. Luca had yet to partake in an actual duel. He had spared before, but he was yet to become fully comfortable with his lightsaber.

Arriving at the location his master had specified, he tried not to show any nervousness. He had prepared beforehand, not knowing what he would be thrown into by his master. Luca wore a large cloak that fully concealed his tight-fitting sparring outfit. He didn't wear any combat gear, as this was simply a test in the art of lightsaber duelling.
Now, Luca stood and awaited his duelling partner, with his lightsaber ready on his hip.

Korriban

“Hello, Apprentice,” She greeted, pulling her lightsaber from her holster. She spun the hilt in her hand as it ignited, and the red glow lit up the room.

“This will not be to the death, we are simply training. Practice using your powers as we go on throughout the session, see which of them could be most useful in a situation like this,” She continued on, and stood in a defensive position, waiting for his first move.

OOC note: My apologies for the late response, I’ve started a new job and it has taken me a couple weeks to find a balance between that, school, and the group.

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom