Imperatrix of the Sith
Master of the Order
At the edges of the wide sparring ring were seats and tables for more studious Jedi to gather and pour over their 'crons and tomes, near where the wide doors to the open-air ring stood always open. This space was accessible via tunnel from the main temple, which stood on the opposite side of the mountain that this arena jutted from. Above and below this sparring ring were similar such spaces, though much smaller in size, available for more private sparring, or for quiet meditation.
This shaded and cool arena overlooked a lush valley, where a lazy river cut its path between mountains; craggy rocks thrust forward from these great ranges, and tenacious trees and shrubs clung to their rocky sides. The gentle calling of birds and creatures were beautiful descants to the hum and roar of lightsabers and waterfalls. Even the Force sung its telltale melody here. It was peaceful, grounding. A perfect marriage between untamed nature and civilization, a precisely struck balance— like the Jedi and the galaxy.
Rules of the Sparring Ring
- No autohitting. Autohitting means inflicting harm on another player character in or out of combat without permission.
- No godmoding. Godmoding means roleplaying without limits or boundaries, including taking control of another player's character without express permission, taking control of the environment provided by a GM (game master), or otherwise taking excessive control or power over the setting, or performing feats that would be realistically impossible or implausible, including demonstrating absurdly overpowered or godlike abilities.
- No metagaming. Metagaming means using out-of-character knowledge that would be impossible for your character to know in-universe and in-character, e.g. intimate knowledge of another player's character sheet, thoughts, secrets, etc; or obscure knowledge you may know as an OOC (out-of-character) Star Wars buff that may be something entirely unknown to your character in-universe.
- Always be respectful of your opponent. This thread is for learning and helping your fellow Jedi improve; help your brethren whenever you can, with kindness and fairness. Masters may utilize this thread to train their padawans in the ways of lightsaber combat, or friends may host friendly duels to improve their skill.
- If you have questions, tag a GM in this thread. The GMs (game masters) of this sparring ring are any available Council Member or Jedi Master. Masters will do their best to assist you; simply make an OOC notation and ask your question. Likewise, if a GM has questions for you, they can tag you in an OOC note.
- This sparring ring is open to members of the Jedi faction only; if you wish to spar or duel with a member outside of the New Jedi Order, please create a dedicated thread in the The Galaxy subforum, which is galaxy-wide and cross-faction.
Additionally, this thread is an Open RP, which means you do not need permission to participate or use this space. Simply go ahead and post!
- Most importantly, have fun!