Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Casual Training Center: Dueling and Force use

Immortalis
Welcome, Sith, to the training center. This is a place for people to duel in a safe environment, it is also a location where people can practice the use of Force powers. In most other areas of the Empire a duel can be a serious event, even deadly, but at the training center there is no need to worry about failure. This is a "sandbox", meaning that you create the environment and scenario in which you will be interacting. This is also a place where we help each other learn, this is not a place to belittle someone for their lack of ability, we all started at the bottom and had to learn how to roleplay in a formal setting.

No metagaming, godmodding, or power playing. Please police yourselves and help others realize when they are doing this, it is alright to discuss OOC but arguing will not be tolerated. Remember that this is a more formal setting than some may be used to, please help them if you see one line posts, godmodding, bad roleplay etiquette.

Above all else, have fun!

bad-roleplay1.png

Last edited:
IC: Aleister Zyn, Apprentice of Darth Kain

Aleister found himself standing in a vast savanna marked by a few clusters of trees, he stood in grass that was knee high and not far from a lazily flowing river. Looking around he found little to interest him, no animals or unique features to watch, not even another person in which to socialize. He thought for a few moments about what he should do, he briefly considered finding his way back to the House Cruor barracks but then had a different idea.

He rolled up the sleeves of his black robes, held his hand out with his palm facing away from him, closed his eyes and began to envision his master as Aleister saw him in the recording of Darth Cruor's execution. He could feel heat gathering in his palm, his mind's eye saw a powerful jet of flame emerge from his body, but no such thing happened.

Over the next hour or so he repeated this attempt numerous times, each met with failure. Frustration began to mount so the young apprentice chose to take a short break, he walked over to one of the tree clusters nearest the river and found a shaded spot to sit down, the sound of the flowing water was soothing and threatened to lull him to sleep.

Tag: Anyone interested?

IC: Matyr Khanon, Apprentice of Darth Draconis.

The soft grass cradling groves of trees coupled with the slow moving stream created a picturesque image and a soothing sound in this place. Matyr had been laying there for some time as the gentle breeze lulled his stress away. The sky was dotted with clouds that he sometimes found pictures in. For quite some time he had heard not a single noise outside of nature's own until a fellow apprentice chose to practice here.

Reaching out with the Force Matyr sensed his surroundings and efforts made, but knew nothing of what he attempted to do. Breaking his own concentration as he sat up Matyr watched him practice in wild curiosity not wanting to disturb him. He recognized him as Dark Lord Kain's Apprentice Aleister Zyn, a knowledgeable one, which concerned him. If he can't accomplish it then he must be trying a very prestigious ability.

Feeling inspired he stood up as the apprentice walked away to rest Matyr began to practice his Shadow creation. When he tapped into the Dark Side a rush of energy fought to take him in and consume him. With a distorted face he concentrated on pushing it back. Confining it and using it. Once he could maintain control of the Force within himself Matyr focused on the aspect of the wisps. Their concept, application, and summoning. The only way he could think of it was too pull them from himself to be released under his control, but this time he would attempt it from a distance.

With gritting teeth and a stained mind he worked. Drawing only a half of one up from the shade of a tree nearby with one hand reaching out. 'What was it I can not grasp? Why won't it work?' taking a note from what he'd seen Aleister do with his frustration Matyr followed. Walking down to the river he saw the man nearing slumber. "Hey, Aleister. What were you practicing back there?," He sat down a meter away before continuing, "If you can't do it then it must be really difficult."

Tag: Aleister Zyn

Reactions: ...
Ic: Undying Master Xiannarr

The air was clean and crisp as Master Xiannarr entered the Training center he was looking to hone his skills as a duelist. However often things don’t always go to plan. Upon entering the arena the Sith master would find that, though the Darkside has lead him here today, his purpose would remain unclear.
Walking to the centre of the Training arena, Xiannarr would kneel silently and immerse himself in the force. Meditation should make his destiny clear

* this will be a Duel to the Yield or Gm call. Sabers will be at full power meaning full consequences.Force Powers will also be uninhibited. i Master Xiannarr will use my level 7 Cs While Lord Catalyst uses his Level 8 location may be moved through dialogue

tags @Catalyst @Helkosh

Last edited:
OOC:

so is powerplay just causing unverified damage to to your opponent?

@Katagaris Pandemonium

Recommend that you ask your questions and statements with an OOC: (prefix)

Since the format of the thread is suppose to be IC postings and teaching. Not that you cannot ask OOC questions but take a look at the posts above and how they are formatted RP posts and try to work in an RP interactions that you can use as practice in both your writing and dueling.

IC: Darth Draconis
Dueling grounds

This chamber was unique, there were untold mechanisms that could be utilized and enacted for training. Sparring droids, remotes, and even more lethal remedies to push those who sought to better understand the rite of combat and dueling. Two of them had wandered in, whether intentionally or not they found themselves looking upon a grand chamber of countless combat rings and sparring areas. Far on the outside of the rooms, large stone pillars rose supporting a vaulted ceiling which was stories high, offering an expanse of room to maneuver. Banners of the Sith hung, unfurled and addressing the room, reminders of the Empire and its place.

Draconis watched as two from House Tenebris looked about, wondering what their intentions were. Did they intent to stare about? Lurk? OR actually learn something?

TAG: @Urizen @Katagaris Pandemonium

IC: Katagaris Pandemonium

Katagaris looked about the room with intent. Seeking a way to learn he found a place that be could learn. Urizen was with him, Katagaris knew little about the Acolyte. Perhaps this was a place to learn more about him.
"Lord Draconis. May Urizen and I spar together? This would be an excellent place to learn."

Last edited:
IC: Matyr Khanon
~Dueling Grounds~

This place of education was steeped in tradition from ages of lessons and training. Pillars gave wide girth to the floors meant for practicing saber forms and Dark Side abilities. Matyr had felt a strong presence in the Force from here as he meditated nearby in shadow drawing his attention. Walking through the doors with silent footfalls, an instinct built into him from years of necessity, Matyr noticed his Master as well as two of House Tenebris' younger members. Watching Urizen and Katagaris, Matyr moved to Lord Draconis' right side folding his hands behind his back. He had arrived in time to hear the Shadow Hand offer training and when he approached, standing at ease, he asked in a low respectful tone, "May I assist you with their training Master?"

@dragonsith13. @Urizen. @Katagaris Pandemonium

IC

Urizen looked at Katagaris Pandemonium and Urizen said "I would be honored but it's up to Lord Draconis, personally I'd rather hide some things from prying eyes, but if Lord Draconis wishes it I will" Urizen said looking at Lord Draconis waiting for his decision.

Last edited:
IC: Darth Draconis
Dueling grounds

This chamber was unique, there were untold mechanisms that could be utilized and enacted for training. Sparring droids, remotes, and even more lethal remedies to push those who sought to better understand the rite of combat and dueling. Two of them had wandered in, whether intentionally or not they found themselves looking upon a grand chamber of countless combat rings and sparring areas. Far on the outside of the rooms, large stone pillars rose supporting a vaulted ceiling which was stories high, offering an expanse of room to maneuver. Banners of the Sith hung, unfurled and addressing the room, reminders of the Empire and its place.

Draconis watched as two from House Tenebris looked about, wondering what their intentions were. Did they intent to stare about? Lurk? OR actually learn something?

TAG: @Urizen @Katagaris Pandemonium

IC: Sirrus Shadow Apprentice

Sirrus could feel that he was being watched even though he kept in the shadows; as do all of House Tenebris' members. He knew that the only beings capable of detecting him in the darkness he relied on was another fellow sith who must have sensed his power enter these hallowed chambers. Although Sirrus was here to study the wall tapestries he knew that the best way to learn was to practice; as being a sith himself he also knew that combat and struggle were the best teachers. Suddenly Sirrus realized who was in the shadows, he immediately knelt and exclaimed to the dark, "It is I, Sirrus Shadow Apprentice to you My Master; I am here at your will so that I may learn!" Sirrus stared into the dark, maintaining his composure, even though he knew that he had grown stronger under his master's teachings; Sirrus must not be complacent for his master had struck down apprentices in the past that had not lived up to his expectations. A Sith must show respect for his master but at the same time show strength so as to show improvement; that the darkness was growing in him.

Aaric Etherall Tritum, Undying Apprentice of House Vassago and member of the noble House Mecetti from the Tapani sector, strode into the training area with his Ciridium and Mullinine sword drawn.

It was currently empty, but the apprentice hoped that someone would come by soon to spar. Ever since he had started his apprenticeship with his master, he had only been in a single duel with him and nothing else. Thus, he decided to find another avenue to hone his fighting skills and hopefully learn something from it. While waiting, he decided to practice some of his stances and review is technique. Hopefully, someone would come by to allow him to have a target to practice said techniques on.

4eebcfc0dfe526ef7ce873c024530e52.gif

Combat CS:

Name: Aaric Etherall Tritum

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Height: 2 m/6.5 ft

Weight: 75 kg/ 165 lbs

Physical Description:
Bleached white, neck length hair that is swept pointed at the front. Tall, lean and muscular body with Wide shoulders.
Title: Undying Apprentice

Homeworld: Nyssa, Tapani Sector

Class: Warrior

House: Vassago

Personality:
Cold, calm and calculating. Possesses an air of nobility and gravitas. Not easy to anger, but will lash out if his convictions are challenged.
Skills:

Djem So (1)
Jar'Kai (1)
Teras Kasi martial arts

Force powers:

Telekinesis (2)
Force lightning (2)
Force cloak (1)
Force Stun (2)
Force Suppression (1)
Force Blast (2)
Clothes & Armor
  • Wears clothes typical of the Counts of Serenno, similar to Count Dooku.
  • Mabari Armorweave cape and vest.
  • Durasteel bracers and greaves.

Balance Roto.jpg
Capture.PNG

Equipment
  • Personal shield generator with spare diatium power cells

Weapons
  • Two curved hilt sabers with red blades

Capture.PNG

• Ciridium & Mullinine Alloy sword (Gifted by Silenius for completion of Moff Kidnapping on ESE FB)

No photo description available.

Last edited:
Counterstrike Student Training with Karros Zaruiel

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Duel Training Grounds

Vexx strides into the arena, strange yet familiar. Memories seem to bleed from the walls, though these walls have not ever seen the duels he is thinking of; duels that had helped shape the cyborg into the war machine he is today.

“Do not keep me waiting, Karros,” he growls softly, “My patience is often without end, but when a duel is on the table, I would not advise testing it.”

Truly, his patience is no thinner than it ever was, but urgency will be necessary if Karros is ever challenged for real—and he will be. After all, he is among Sith. One cannot expect to pass through life without ever getting into a fight. The cyborg lapses to calm pacing while he waits for the Kaas City Cantina’s most ambitious bartender to show up for his third lesson in Vexx’s dueling school.

Tag: @Karros Zaruiel

Counterstrike Student Training with Amaya Masslat

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Duel Training Grounds

Vexx stands within the arena, awaiting the arrival of his next pupil. The lesson here will be a bit more dangerous than the previous ones he has taught her and he has little doubt that she knows this.

“Let us see what you are made of, Amaya Masslat,” his cybernetic voice rumbles as he shrugs off his heavy cloak, “I hope you have brought that determination with you. May it bolster your courage this day.”

Tag: @Amaya Masslat

Amaya was on her way to the arena, where Lord Grievance was waiting for her. She knew that what was going to happen would put her to the test more than what she had learned in that place until then.

As she entered the arena, Amaya felt her heart begin to beat a little faster, probably fear... probably enthusiasm... but still she knew that this was not so strong as to make her stop thinking clearly.

@Grievance Vexx

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

Duel Training Grounds

Vexx strides into the arena, strange yet familiar. Memories seem to bleed from the walls, though these walls have not ever seen the duels he is thinking of; duels that had helped shape the cyborg into the war machine he is today.

“Do not keep me waiting, Karros,” he growls softly, “My patience is often without end, but when a duel is on the table, I would not advise testing it.”

Truly, his patience is no thinner than it ever was, but urgency will be necessary if Karros is ever challenged for real—and he will be. After all, he is among Sith. One cannot expect to pass through life without ever getting into a fight. The cyborg lapses to calm pacing while he waits for the Kaas City Cantina’s most ambitious bartender to show up for his third lesson in Vexx’s dueling school.

Karros entered the arena the Lord Vexx had summoned him to. He would not keep the Steel Asura waiting. Karros would not insult one he held in such esteem so.

Looking around Karros say that the arena had not been used for some time and had fallen into disrepair. Tattered flags on pole fluttered in the dusty breeze. The walls were crumbling and broken in some places. The stands, empty. It was clear to Karros that this arena had not been used in a very long time. Possible forgotten. He did not mind. He preferred the quiet and the privacy. He did not need spectators to distract him from his training.

On the arena floor where Karros stood the ground was covered in fine dust and sand. Large mounds and chunks of rubble from the broken walls had fallen onto the arena floor, dotting the battleground every dozen yards or so. Most were kept to the edges of the arena. They ranged in size to that of a chair to that of a small building. Excellent places for Karros to utilize as cover. Guerilla hit-and-run tactics were his go-to strategy in a fight. But he was here to learn how to cover his weaknesses, not just consolidate his strengths.

Looking up Karros saw Lord Vexx standing on the edge of the stands, looking down on him on the arena floor. An excellent position to observe, or to launch an aerial pre-emptive strike from. Karros had indeed brought his lightsabers. He carried them on his person at all times. Aside from his mind and his abilities in the Force, they were the only weapons he had.

"I am ready to begin," Karros called to the Steel Asura in a strong, clear voice over the dusty wind, "What would you have me do first?"

b269921149447f5e455f90b6fd74f0a7.jpg

@Grievance Vexx

Counterstrike Student Training with Amaya Masslat

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Duel Training Grounds

Vexx offers no instruction or advice on what he wants Amaya to do. The truth is, he wants to observe her combat style as she already uses it. Making himself available as a target for her, he takes to circling slowly, his single white lightsaber ignited and humming eagerly in his hand.

This is where the two will dance the deadly dance of the duelist and Vexx will quickly be able to determine if Amaya’s present knowledge is a strong foundation to build on. If it is, he will work to help her learn to strengthen it. If it is not, he will not hesitate to demolish everything she knows from before these classes and he will lay a new foundation for her; one he knows is effective because it would replicate his own.

But in the here and now, he maintains his silent circling, watching Amaya with eyes that analyze constantly, processing her thoughts and feelings as he puts into practice seeing through the eyes of his opponent.

Tag: @Amaya Masslat

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Duel Training Grounds

The Krigsbefallaf watches from his lofty perch as Karros enters the arena. His amber eyes follow him in a solid stare, never blinking in spite of the dust-laden wind doing its best to dry them out at the very least. Despite its best efforts, it doesn’t seem to bother him.

He sees Karros taking in every detail of the arena. If he can take in every detail of an ongoing battle and see every possible outcome of any given move, he will be well on his way. There is a low growl as Vexx suddenly launches himself down from the stands, descending on the sand below and landing in a low crouch, a cloud of dusty sand rising on impact.

“Now we fight,” the cyborg replies, “Show me what you know. And fear not. Any actions, even if they would be lethal to you in a real duel, will not prove fatal here.”

Counterstrike Supplemental Training with Apprentice Terrogate

IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Duel Training Grounds

The Catharian had readily accepted his invitation. Now the Kaleesh cyborg waits for him in the dust-laden arena. He stands along a wall heavily draped in shadows and lined with broken and crumbling statues. One standing close beside him seems darker than the rest, but it could just be an illusion cast by the Dark Side energy quietly culminating in this place where generations of Sith have whet their appetites for combat.

“Welcome, Soldier of Venom,” the cyborg’s voice sounds warm and welcoming...yet cold and calculating...all at the same time. He has already garnered a reputation for unpredictability. One can’t help but think there is an unforeseen twist to this encounter.

“You see me as a General among the Sith,” Vexx continues, “I am honored you view me as such, however, I feel compelled to...correct you...in a way. There is only one General the Empire knows well, for she has earned her reputation through years of struggle, pain, and hardship. You will duel this General while I observe your performance. I wish you luck, Soldier of Venom.”

Tag: @Terrogate @Reiis Invadator

Last edited:

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom