Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Star Wars Judgment Day: Part III of the Prelude to Requiem

IC: Dark Lady Makaria
The Howling Hawkbat, Nar Shaddaa

The Jedi who spoke sent an instinctual ripple of distaste through Makaria, though she was glad of the points he brought up. They were legitimate, but his allegiance made an easy target to move against if needed. But it wasn't as though Pandora had any oratory skill. She had laid out the story Kain had told her, but with precious little detail to sway her audience. Voidwalker's rebuttal was better, but antagonistic, which did not bode well. Makaria also noted the skip in his speech as he looked to Avery and realized Kolasi wasn't there. That was worrisome. Foolish woman, she had probably done something stupid and dangerous. She hoped the baby was still well.

Voxyn's story, however, gave her a place to chime in.

"Lord Voxyn is not incorrect." Makaria said gently. "It is difficult to believe that powers you have relied upon have been turned against you, but also difficult to believe that images given to you by someone else must be also be completely true. Surely Kain must realize that he is weakening his own position by leaving us with so many unanswered questions? I hope we can find a common ground here to discuss these immediate threats without suspicion or distaste, but it's a hard thing to do."

So said, she cautiously reached out to Voidwalker, hoping he could hear her. "Did Kain really have a family emergency? We can't have everyone storming out because they're upset that he isn't here. I don't want the children targeted again because the Imperatrix left in a foul mood."

Powers Used:
Telepathy - 3

TAGS: @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Kain, @skira

IC: Grand Master Kei Durron

Kain was a very prompt man. He seemed to have come here for his son, but surely there was another reason as well. The summit was happening as the three men spoke; a summit that Kain himself had called for. The threats on the horizon had to be discussed. This time, they would do it together.

"You'll have to forgive my reluctance to call you King. I've seen many a dark tyrant rise and fall in my days, but I do not sense that in your future," Durron responded. "And that is agreeable to me. Let us all go inside. Unlike the previous iterations of my beloved Jedi Order, I do not wish to keep children from their families. While I'd prefer your son to be instructed in the Light, that is up to his Father to decide."

The Grand Master turned on his heel and began to walk back into the Temple, expecting Kain and Samael to follow him. "I suspect there is another reason for our meeting today. The summit you called is of great importance, yet neither of us are present. While knowledge of the so-called 'Old Ones' is limited in the Jedi Archives, you are their kin. Perhaps together we can find the secret to defeating them once and for all."

TAG: @Darth Kain @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: Sedriss Nathemus

His vision was one of nothing but pain and blood curdling terror. It was a terrifying thing to behold. Emerald flames, the slitting of Volacius' throat, Catalyst's distant screams, and blood spilling from his reopened cracks. It was a possible future that he could not allow to come to pass.

This was the burden of sensing the future. Careful, one had to be. The Sedriss knew that the future was constantly in motion, and there were a number of factors at play here. If Catalyst and Volacius wished to go to the planet’s surface, then he would not leave them out to dry. It was his duty to stick together with them. It was in the next few moments after the vision faded that they received communication from Catalyst that he sensed Kain's daughter Eva on the planet. He sent them her coordinates and immediately tried to go down to her position.

While the communication line was open, he began to speak to Volacius and Catalyst. "Lord Volacius, Catalyst, I've sensed a terrible vision of the future. One where if we go to the surface, all three of us die. I could hear Catalyst's dying screams in the distance. I saw Volacius' throat slit with a hot blade. That same blade tore open my repaired cracks and I bled out. But I did not sense Kain's daughter. There was nothing from her. Perhaps she is the key to our survival."

"I did not come to Verdanth to die. I have a wife and young son at home. I must know that whatever happens down there, we will have each other's backs." With that, he awaited his compatriot's response and went deep into his senses yet again, this time specifically trying to locate their target.

Nephthys, where are you? The Force was still flowing through every fiber of his being, strengthening ever aspect of his power.

Powers used:
Force Channel: 5 (continued)
Force Sense: 5

TAG: @Darth Kain @Catalyst @Volacius

IC: Lord Volacius, the Wrath of Kain

Eva? She’s here?! For an instant, Volacius’ eyes widened as he processed Catalyst's statements. Imperial Intelligence had lost track of Eva some time ago, much to Volacius’ chagrin. There was a time when her status as a Jedi had enraged him, but she had weathered the storm of the True Sith just as he had, and if Kain felt strongly enough about her to adopt her as his own, that was enough for Volacius.

Lord Nathemus spoke next, and his words sent chills down Volacius’ back.

"Lord Volacius, Catalyst, I've sensed a terrible vision of the future. One where if we go to the surface, all three of us die.” Volacius’ brow narrowed as the Sedriss spoke. “I could hear Catalyst's dying screams in the distance. I saw Volacius' throat slit with a hot blade.” A lump formed in the Mirialan’s throat, and he quickly swallowed. “That same blade tore open my repaired cracks and I bled out. But I did not sense Kain's daughter. There was nothing from her. Perhaps she is the key to our survival.”

Volacius nodded slowly. “Perhaps she is, but I do have a suggestion. If you could pinpoint even a rough idea of the planet where these future events… may take place, We could blanket that area with Turbolaser fire. I have no illusions that this attack would kill our True Sith quarry, but it would eliminate much of her cover, and perhaps destroy any traps she has had time to set. That would also give our ground forces a clear landing site.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst

IC: Samael

Master Durron… err rather Grand Master Durron turned around and walked into the temple with an air to him that requested they follow. Samael complied for all but 5 seconds. He immediately noticed something out of the corner of his eye. With his attention drawn, whatever Master Durron seemed to be saying to them was muffled to Samael as he walked away from them.

What had caught his attention was a monument that couldn’t have been more than a decade old. To most people it wouldn’t have really meant anything, but Samael recognized certain names. “In Memoriam,” he read aloud. The names came silently, as did the memories.

He saw some of them during the war against Typhojem. He even witnessed one of their deaths in battle. But the tears didn’t come until he saw the name of Master Allunk Soss. While he was bullied throughout his time growing up, almost everyone seemed to treat him differently. Master Allunk Soss was one of the few that didn’t. When someone made a mistake, everyone was lectured not just the one. He was more of an outcast himself, preferring to be alone, but he did come to teach on occasion even though it was obvious he was uncomfortable. While he obviously was never part of the Church, the words he lived by seemed to Samael just like Faith. There is no contemplation, there is only duty. By God’s Will it shall be done.

Samael wiped the tears from his eyes before placing a hand on the monument as he prayed aloud. “May God let you live on in Peace within the Force. May the Force be with you. Always.” Samael then bowed his head and collected himself before returning to follow Master Durron.

Tag: @Darth Kain @Darth Nathemus

IC: Voidwalker, Cursed Champion of the Stars

Over a decade and nothing has changed. The Jedi are still untrusting of anyone that holds different views, and the Sith are so ever quick to lash out in retaliation.

The Jedi Master had done exactly what Voidwalker said would happen, he dismissed the visions just as Voidwalker said they would. Yet his question of how the True Sith cultists connected to the great threat was almost staggering. Voidwalker felt that he could have fallen flat on his face had he not been sitting. Voxyn only babbled and said the same thing that the Jedi Master has said, only more long winded and aggressive. But he managed to take it a step further, speaking to the entire room rather than just Voidwalker, trying to turn the subject towards Kain's family and intentions.

Something seemed to have changed in Voxyn, he usually was more relaxed. Perhaps something had changed when he returned from Denova, or maybe he was just putting on a face for the Empress. Either way, both Cal Vastrom and Voxyn were as transparent as a viewport.

When Lady Makaria spoke, she spoke as if in the guise of a true diplomat. Seemingly not wanting to discredit what either Voidwalker or Voxyn had said. It was as if she was the middle of the scale, waiting to see which side weighed greater before making her decision. Voidwalker's suspension of Makaria's conflict only became more cemented when the words passed through his mind. Oddly enough her message wasn't as if she spoke the thoughts directly but echoing from a vast distance. As if she didn't want to be spotted close to him. Still the words were clear enough.

Hmm just as expected, the smaller players are making their moves and of course they are vying for defensive stands. Let's see how well they handle a counter.

Voidwalker couldn't help but smile to himself, this time instead of standing he simply leaned back in his chair, looking more relaxed than he had already. "For those who have spoken, rest assured that I understand where you're coming from. It is hard for you to accept what I tell you of visions I have had, because they could be false visions. I am in no way a prophet or seer, I only know what I see. So they could indeed be false, yet at the same time what proof do we have that any visions that, let's say Empress Hesper or Grand Master Durron might have had are the truth? Or better yet, any of you who might have had visions. But then that brings us to an entire conversation full of "what if's" and I'm not looking to argue with any of you. We're here as a whole to talk about the facts."

"Before I continue on, allow me to address some of the questions brought up. Master Cal Vastrom, to answer your question, yes I have clearly recovered quite well from my fall. Luckily I'm better than ever and able to join all of you fine folks here today." Voidwalker offered a smile that could be taken as sarcastic or genuine. "I will say that Denova looks much better from a SkyView as compared to the ground. However, a group of True Sith cultists is a direct connection to the impending attack. Just as it was a decade ago when the True Sith followers managed to bring forth Typhojem and wage war against us then. Given enough time these cultists will bring forth more monstrous entities from beyond the veil."

"Lord Voxyn, as for your accusations, please let's refrain from seemingly petty statements. Kain's daughter is an adult and is more than capable of making her own decisions. However his son is young and Kain would like to be able to have his son to love and care for as many parent would. So as for him kidnapping his children, that's a petty job reserved for pirates and thieves. Needless to say it is below the Beloved King to kidnap. As for Lady Abaddon, I cannot speak of her status as I have not spoken with her directly."

Turning his attention towards Lady Makaria, Voidwalker continued on as if it were simply business as usual. "Well said Lady Makaria. I myself, along with the Beloved King, wish to come to a common ground for all parties involved and I can assure you that any and all unanswered questions will be answered in time."

Voidwalker sat up in his seat, leaning forward towards the large table. His elbows planted firmly on the table top, supporting him as he leaned forward, his hands coming together with his outstretched fingers meeting to form a sort of pyramid. His smile was gone, replaced by a more stern and serious face.

"Now let's get down to the bread and butter of this summit. I can sense the distrust in many of you. I don't need to call upon the Force for that. It's written on your faces, your movements, and in your voices. I understand, it's only natural for you to doubt and distrust any claims I make. A gathering this large, hosted by Kain, and yet Kain is not here. I get it, it seems suspicious. But let me offer you this, for those who have seen the likes of Korriban or Nysis, you know the type of destruction that the Beloved King is capable of."

Voidwalker leaned back from the table, this time standing back to his feet as he carried on. "I don't bring this up to try and use fear to bait any of you in, my point is that Kain wouldn't need to gather everyone together. He could just as easily firestorm any or all of you if he wanted you dead. Kain truly does want some semblance of peace between all of us. An alliance at the very least. For those of you that keep asking for solid proof, I can tell you that it is on its way. Kain has had to spread himself thin through his use of various phantoms in recent weeks. The beloved King will be here shortly and will have the rest of the evidence gathered that you're asking for, which is why he's not present currently. But until then I'd like to hear from the rest of you on your current thoughts. I appreciate Master Cal Vastrom, Lady Makaria, and Lord Voxyn for speaking up, however I'd like to hear from your superiors."

Voidwalker returned to his seat as his eyes fell upon the delegates of the Jedi. "Master Sho Temm, I remember speaking with you briefly on Denova, and from what I can tell you seem like a no nonsense and honorable type of man. I'm interested to hear your insight on what we know so far. Then again," Voidwalker's eyes scanned the room before landing on Hesper. "There is the Sith Imperatrix, Empress Hesper. With your remarkable gift of prophecy, I would love to hear your thoughts. Hopefully a bit more calmly than your delegate."

Looking to face no one specific Voidwalker spoke to the room as a whole to hopefully incline others to speak up. "Don't be shy now, speak up and let's hear what the galaxy thinks. Perhaps Emperor Huskac can weigh in on the views of his kingdom. How about you King Avery? I couldn't help but notice that Lady Kolasi isn't with you today. How are things back home?"

Now this should get them all talking and we'll see what sort of game the rest are playing.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

GM's NOTE: Makaria's Telepathy rolls 12 + 16 + 7 for a total of 35, passing the non-aggressive telepathy DC of 10. An Effect Modifier of 8 + 7 allows Voidwalker to understand what Makaria is telling him, though
the sound resembles a strange echo.

What an annoyance, was all her mind thought with a cloak about her face.

Obstructed vision was not the best circumstance however it wasn't the worst either.

Instead of panicking like most idiots would in such an instance she decided to make this situation an advantage to her.

Carefully she focused almost all of her mind onto pushing the cloak of her and back at her opponent.

She envisioned it becoming a wall of fabric, as she put her left hand outward she also hoped that her Pyrokinesis would be but enough to spark to life a small flame to ignite the fabric of the cloak once it removed itself from her.

Aside from her outreached left hand she did what she could to keep her crouched stance.

She felt her second wind coming in as she found her rythm.

All those torture sessions seemed to have some payoff in this situation.

She didn't care about her opponents reasoning for coming at her like a rancor on a rampage. She found herself enjoying the fight.

Ataru-1
Pyrokinesis-1
Shii-cho-1
Push/pull-1

IC: Knight Zareel Jhenan’doka
Lady Kolasi’s Freighter

Zareel corrected her posture in the seat as she noticed the woman approaching, Lord Voxyn’s sister from what she knew; at her question, she lifted the flask closer to her own nose, sniffing it as if to confirm what she already knew. “A bit of liquid courage, or actually liquid fire” She explained after taking a small sip and scrunching her nose after swallowing it. “But if you ask me, sadly, it tastes a bit watered down for my liking.” She offered the flask to the blond lady, in case she wanted some.

However, at the voice of Lord Vaer she just put the cap back shaking her head while she lamented being too sober even with the drink. How many more of these missions with so much information unsaid? Was he experiencing some kind of suicidal outburst? Or was it just an innate ability to be annoying even at his own peril?

She gave a puzzled look at Lady Arach, taking into consideration her words of caution. Apparently, aside from any decision Lady Kolasi would make, the orders would end up with them exploring the unknown ship. And while getting in represented an obligation, what was now gnawing in her mind was more a matter of how they would get out.

Assuming a more serious tone than before, she started checking her belongings. “If my word is worth anything, I suggest that aside from exploring where it comes from or who comes in it; we should also make sure we know the potential alternative entrances or exits. For now, there are no plans to outright destroy it, but we have no certainty about the future.”

TAG: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Darth Voxyn, @Arach, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek

IC: Lady Kolasi

Kolasi would have let it go.

Truly, she would have.

But as she imagined Lord Vaer smirking as he spoke to her through the com, she just couldn’t help herself.

Lord Vaer, you forget yourself,” She warned into the com, stopping herself from continuing until she took a moment to calm herself.

We will board the ship,” She said after a few moments, and the ship jumped forward as it began to move towards the docking bay.

Tags: @Darth Kain, @Zareel Jhenan´doka , @Darth Voxyn, @Arach, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek

IC: Avery Sunka
Nar Shaddaa

Avery’s jaw clenched at the mention of his wife and Denova. He glared at Lord Voxyn, his fist curling as he imagined lunging across the table and smashing his head into the filth ridden floor. It’d at least make this entire thing interesting, and not just adults bickering over something as frivolous as this. It should be simple, really. But when you put an entire armada of leaders in one room, and tell them to trust one person, could any of them really expect it to work out well?

It wasn’t until Lord Voidwalker spoke again that the urge of violence became overwhelming. He went to lurch forward, standing suddenly with anger spread clearly across his face, but took half a second to stop himself. That half second was what his emotions needed for his sense of reason to catch up, and he covered his expression with a gracious smile, releasing his tight fist and placing his palms on the table.

I do not come in place of my wife. I can assure you, she would be here if she were able to be. It is no one’s business where she is. I am not merely a replacement for the Witch Queen of Onderon. I am the King of my planet. I come to speak for not only them, but to represent the more common people of the galaxy. I may be force sensitive, I may be a Sith, but I have a much more similar state of mind that most of the galaxy has compared to you all. Some of the most powerful Force Users of the Galaxy sit at this table, and yet I do not believe any of you could legitimately put yourself in the position and mindset of the majority population.

Haven’t you learned by now that this bickering gets us nowhere? Have you lot truly forgotten what happened in the days leading to the True Sith War? The galaxy was war ridden before it, divided on petty things like territory and uses of the force. It allowed them to nearly destroy us all. There were millions of people unable to simply bend the universe to their will to avoid death. Korriban, Coruscant, all of those people killed in the matter of a few minutes, left completely defenseless. If I remember correctly it was you, Empress Hesper, that tried your best to warn the Sith beforehand. You fought to get back to us, only for it to be too late. And yet now, right now, we have the chance to get ahead of this. To stop it before it happens. If Lord Kain is wrong, does it really matter? What do we stand to lose by trying to stop this? Standing as a United front? Putting aside our differences for the good of the galaxy as a whole? Putting those defenseless people first above our childish disagreements? If he’s lying, we will need to stand together against him regardless. And if he’s not? Then, we will need to stand United against what is looming. We do not need to kneel to anyone for this, we merely need to agree on one common thing. We all want to live.”

Tags: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @Voidwalker

IC: Empress Hesper
Peace Summit - Howling Hawkbat - Nar Shaddaa
It was hard to feel anything but intensely blasé about this summit thus far: between Pandora's deadpan speech and Voidwalker's talkativeness (was he always this way?), it was all Hesper could do to stop herself from slouching to one side and boredly putting her chin in her hand, a move most unbecoming of an Empress. But she stiffened, likely visibly, at the mention of the Mortis Dagger-- a tool she was intimately familiar with, and whose fate was inextricably tied to her own. Memories of handling it in that cursed World Between Worlds over a decade ago bubbled up in her mind, along with that harrowing green eye-- that eye!-- and she shuddered. She passed her hand across her face, a deft and subtle movement to smooth her wrinkled brow and wipe away a bead of sweat that had materialized. Sitting up straighter, she continued to hold her tongue, even as Avery Sunka stood and fervently defended the absence of his wife. Hesper's heart panged momentarily for her absent Triumvir.

And then there was the fact that Kain was suspiciously missing from his very own peace summit. Why, then, had he felt this meeting was important enough to break into Hesper's bedchamber in the middle of the night... but not important enough to come to the summit himself? Her jaw clenched reflexively. She really should have killed him then and there, in the midnight hour. Perhaps then, they wouldn't all be at this damnable summit which was quickly becoming a farce.

It was then that her presaging overwhelmed her, rushing in like a shallow wave on the shore. Instantly, she was overwhelmed with paranoia, and the scar bisecting her left eye twinged painfully.

She turned her head and communicated wordlessly with the priestess to her left with nothing more than a meaningful look, clouded eye glimmering with hidden meaning. The priestess inclined her head. Her powers had confirmed what she suspected: not a single person present was to be trusted. At all. Even those in her retinue. All had ulterior motives, as she had guessed. She knew, too, that something was suppressing her divinations. It was... everywhere. Every inch of her skin prickled. She took a deep breath through her nose, attempting to soothe her nerves that were now totally shot.

Her next moves would have to be highly calculated.

She stood, and smoothed her shimmering gown. This was something that immediately gathered stares, as the Empress of the Final Sith Order had yet to say a single word at this event. "You all know the truth," she said, addressing the room. "This is a deception."

Then her eyes zeroed in on Pandora, gaze pyretic. "Remove the suppressive ward, Pandora."

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish’Ki

Sharkish’Ki’s blade bit only stone as he lost balance in his charge, skidding as it screeched angrily across wet stone. The apprentice’s mind boiled with frustration as his distraction turned on him. The wall of red that was his cloak flung slowly towards him, a small ember building at its center.

His mind was awash with anger as recent events seemed intent to undo his training. He paused for a heartbeat as he pictured his master’s scowl burning into his very being. The raspy voice spoke in his mind. You think yourself powerful, striking so vengefully? Use my fury, whilst maintaining composure, he replied, sniffing in a large breath before bounding into a swift strafe, attempting to avoid the incoming barrier of cloth. The cloak would likely fall into the sludge and snow for him to collect later. It had survived this long, and no mere Acolyte was about to make a campfire of it here. He found himself near the edge of the arena, the statues of Sith long since past loomed above. He continued his stride, pushing his legs onward in an attempt to take swift strides up the long stone cloak, before turning to face Mihi in a final leap that would bring his outstretched lightsaber down upon the squatting Acolyte, adding his weight to the strong, two-handed blow.

Powers used:
Force Body - 2
Djem So - 1

Tags: @Darth Kain @Mihi Gaudens

GM's NOTE: Mihi's use of Force Push rolls a 15 + 3 + 2 for a total of 20, passing the DC of 10 needed to do something as simple as pushing a cloak. An Effect Modifier of 5 - 2 sends the cloak heading in Sharkish'Ki's direction, but so long as he does not fail spectacularly in avoiding it, he should have a pretty good chance at doing so.

Her use of pyrokinesis on said cloak then rolls a 12 + 3 + 2, totaling out at 17 and passing another DC of 10 to set the cloak on fire. An Effect Modifier of 3 - 2 only barely sets it alight, however, and the flames could easily be snuffed out with a proper move.

IC: Lord Huskac
"Aggressive negotiations? What's that?"
"Ah, well, it's negotiations with a lightsaber."
- Exchange between Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his baby mama
- Exchange between Senator Padmé Amidala and her baby daddy

- Anonymous

Huskac cursed silently at himself for having come here in the first place as the summit began to devolve into something best described as a verbal pushing match between Lord Voidwalker and everyone else. He frowned when Voidwalker admitted there was no evidence of the story his associate Pandora had told them, and the mood of the room seemed to match his, as Jedi and Sith both began to push back at his baseless claims.

It was clear now that Master Vostrum had succeeded in getting under Voidwalker's skin, and Huskac conceded to himself that he'd underestimated the Jedi before. Equally likely, he thought as Voidwalker continued to ham-fistedly stumble his way through what seemed like an attempt at an impassioned plea, he'd over-estimated King Kain, and his esteemed representatives. Voidwalker began ranting back at the detractors, leaning back and forth anxiously in his chair and implying that his King would burn them all if they did not acquiesce. Seeming like he was ready to wrap up, Voidwalker began to address various attendees who'd not already spoken, one-by-one, and pleading for support from anywhere he could get it, including asking Huskac himself.

The King of Onderon seized the opportunity to speak and began to drone on and on about peace, cooperation, and the good of the galaxy. Huskac quickly grew bored and decided he'd had enough of this, and was about to signal his guardsmen to escort him out when suddenly Empress Hesper, ruler of the Final Sith Order, stood up and made a display of smoothing out her gown, like a visual "harrumph" to draw the attention of the room.

"You all know the truth. This is a deception", she snarled before turning to glare at Pandora. "Remove the suppressive ward, Pandora.", she commanded.

Huskac tensed at her words, and focused his senses on the room around them, attempting to sense any danger in the room around them. He quietly gestured beneath the table to the nearest escort trooper to be ready for a quick exit, and that trooper passed the signal on to the rest, reaching nonchalantly with his left hand behind his back as though he were stretching his neck to form a "scissors" gesture with his index and middle fingers⁽¹⁾ that the other troopers would understand as "cut", which they knew meant to prepare themselves to safely extract their Emperor. The next hand symbol would be the same two fingers, pointed downward like legs. It meant "run".

¹ Recruits with less than two natural digits per arm were not considered to be of adequate sentience for consideration in the Tapani military, and were instead usually consigned to mining or agricultural duties, or used as target practice. A court on Procopia held that that included Humans who'd lost their fingers and could not afford to pay for biosynthetic replacements, but oddly enough did not include Humans who'd lost both of their arms and thus met the minimum requirement by multiplying 0 by 0. Seeing as it was only the one time though, everyone but the guy who lost his arms decided it would be okay if they still used him as target practice, and so they did.

Powers Used:
Force Sense 5

TAGs: @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira, @Darth Kain

GM UPDATE

IC: Eva
The Jungle, Verdanth

Picsart_23-05-27_21-39-59-250.jpg

Any pleas to Catalyst to not touch the surface of the planet were far too late. The very air before Catalyst was torn asunder, a shimmering portal of orange energy hovering there. The act of tearing apart the space before oneself in such a forceful, invasive manner was prone to drive one to the brink of madness. Catalyst would now know that firsthand, as his mind was momentarily wracked with an agony one could scarcely describe. His mind raced with a million possibilities that could never come to pass, nor could he ever dare remember them. But the sharp headache he received was proof enough that such thoughts were there nonetheless.

But none of that mattered the moment he stepped before Eva.

She, and now he, were on the jungle floor, the sunlight only barely peeking past the canopies above. The look of bewilderment in her eyes was a sight to behold, especially once the orange light of the portal behind him disappeared entirely from them.

“How did you…” she began. But that was all she could get out before she gave in to her first inclination upon seeing him. She hugged him.

Meanwhile, Volacius’ own pleas to bombard the surface were, for the moment, unheard by the Sedriss. For his senses were directed elsewhere. Down, down beneath the surface of Verdanth. Underground. A cave system. Water trickling from the ceiling. A chamber. A hut in the darkness, alight with emerald fires. A powerful sorceress. An army of undead servants. A fierce warrior. A lover.

But where Daritha Nephthys was, well, that would not be the sole subject of Nathemus’ confusion here. No, when she was also seemed to flash in his mind. And he… he could not answer that. Something was wrong here, on Verdanth, with her as the epicenter. She was a survivor of the True Sith war, an unwitting apprentice, and a scared child all at once. Her Force signature was wild, inaccurate, flickering between different channels like a broken holorecorder. Time meant nothing, yet everything, to her being.

What could it mean?

TAGS: @Darth Nathemus, @Catalyst, @Volacius

OOC: Catalyst’s usage of Force Travel rolls 5 + 21 + 10, exceeding the DC of 20 needed to use it from orbit to the planet’s surface. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 5 allows him to create a perfectly functional portal. However, the use of Force Travel incurs Psychic Damage, as it is such a potent dark side ability. I will arbitrate that the more difficult the usage of the ability (aka the higher the DC) the more d4s are rolled for said damage. In this case, a DC of 20 will inflict 2d4 Psychic Damage, rolling 1 + 3 and lowering Catalyst’s HP to 38.

Nathemus’ Force Sense rolls to 17 + 22 + 10 + 3, surpassing Nephthys’ DC of 45. An Effect Modifier of 22 lets Nathemus sense her exact location, but also that something is very wrong with it.

IC: Apollo

The Jedi Temple, Tython

Picsart_23-05-27_21-41-57-361.jpg

Brooke was able to successfully weave the threads of the Force into a tight string, one that connected between her and the Jedi Knight Keldro Unmar. His feelings became known to her, just as her feelings became known to him. His form was brighter within her senses now, more vibrant. And Keldro would get the sense that no matter where Brooke was, he would have a good inkling as to where. This bond allowed him to also feel what she sensed next, as she focused her sight on the man that was now entering their temple.

Kain was, as she could already tell, far different than he’d been when they first met. The good intentions still rested in his heart, but something about them was equally stronger and dimmer all the same. He was willing to exact any cost to reach his goals, and even if those goals were sound, his methods would be… not. Something had snapped in him upon returning to the galaxy. A martyr was meant to stay a martyr, and a man willing to sacrifice everything to do the right thing could only continue to sacrifice.

Apollo, meanwhile, took hold of Brooke’s hand, no doubt directing her attention away from the entrance, as he began to walk out the door of the room. Keldro’s searching on the holopad bore fruit, and as he was distracted, little Apollo recognized the room he’d found and was already guiding them toward it. His memory was fascinatingly potent for such a small child.

The halls of the Jedi temple were not quite bustling with young Padawans and Knights, but certainly not empty either. Many of the Jedi had returned to the temple after the brief armistice between the Federation and Final Sith Order was recently announced, with many hoping to center their connections to the Force after months of harsh warfare.

Apollo led them further into the temple, to a meditation chamber where only a Jedi Knight was present. Keldro would recognize her as Thala Graze, a pretty green-skinned Twi’lek that was currently kneeling, deep in her meditation. The room was spacious, its walls adorned with murals depicting scenes of nature and harmony. Soft, diffused light filtered through large windows, casting a gentle glow upon the polished stone floor. At the center of the chamber, a small pond lay nestled within a bed of smooth pebbles, its still waters reflecting the peaceful ambiance that permeated the room.

“I like it here,” Apollo said with a smile.

TAGS: @Catalyst, @Undying Master Xiannarr

OOC: Brooke’s attempt at creating a Force Bond with Keldro rolls a 2 + 10 + 5 for a total of 17, surpassing the DC 10 needed to do so with consent. An Effect Modifier of 13 + 4 creates a solid bond, allowing them to sense where the other is with ease, among other effects that will be revealed when pertinent to the situation.

Her attempt at Force Sight then rolls 13 + 10 + 5 to total out at 28, passing the necessary DC. An Effect Modifier of 16 - 2 is rolled, allowing Brooke to sense Kain and his emotions better than she previously had.

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

The Jedi Temple, Tython

“Perhaps we can,” Kain said to the Grandmaster.

His eyes fell on Samael as the Devaronian scurried off, hovering by a memorial of fallen Jedi and muttering a prayer of some sort. A kind sentiment, one that Kain was sure that Samael’s victims wouldn’t have cared to appreciate.

The trio continued a bit further into the temple until they reached a quiet room to avoid the wary eyes and hushed voices of the grand hall’s occupants. Half a dozen chairs encircled the chamber, comfortable but functional, with a table resting in the center. A holoprojector was embedded there, no doubt for meetings that required such.

The door to the room slid closed behind them, leaving only the three of them to hear their conversation.

“My son is key in the defeat of the Old Ones,” he said, hesitating to take his seat out of instinct. “Only I will be able to train him to harness his power properly.”

TAGS:
@Darth Nathemus, @Hadzuska_The Jester

IC: Darth Vaer

Derelict Hangar, The Tsushima

Picsart_23-05-27_21-44-45-250.jpg

Opting to take the route that Lord Mavros had taken, Vaer was adorned in a sealed space suit. It was of custom make, fitting to his form, and colored black. The emblem of the Final Sith Order was emblazoned upon each shoulder, a deep crimson that stood out amongst the darkness of space. His shuttle arrived only a bit before Lady Kolasi arrived with her retinue of Lady Arach, Lady Vitani, and Knight Zareel. Lords Mavros and Eschaton were already here, along with armored troopers and suited engineers that Mavros had requested.

Mavros’ senses seemed to be just dull enough to find the inside of the ship an empty void, though that was certainly not the case. Whatever he was going to find was going to have to be with his eyes and ears, not with the Force. Eschaton, however, was luckier in his own attempt.

What lay beyond the doors to the ship was a danger that even he had never known, and one he could not ever quite describe without encountering it firsthand. This was something new, something dark, something wretched. Even the dark side could evolve.

But that was all he could possibly see. And as Lord Vaer ordered the troopers to breach the doors, he had little choice but to follow.

Two dozen soldiers filed into the hall before the rest, with Vaer close behind and then the others if they managed to make their way inside. Professional callouts echoed in the empty hall, which was decompressed thanks to the open door to empty space. It was clear of any hostiles, though signs of something happening here were certainly apparent. One of the light fixtures dangled from the ceiling, hanging precariously.

At one end of the hall lay a closed door, locked if the flashing red hologram in front of it was any indicator. The other door, on the opposite end of the hall, was unlocked and open, though only partially. One could squeeze through if they tried.

And then, once everyone made it inside, the door to the hangar sealed, allowing the hall to pressurize and fill with both artificial gravity and oxygen once again. Vaer removed his breathing apparatus, hooking it to his belt. “Glad to see everyone important made it,” he chuckled. “Let’s hope this goes better than that dungshow on Nysis.”

TAGS:
@Arach, @skira, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Voxyn, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

OOC: Mavros’ Force Sight rolls a 3 + 18 + 5 to total 26, failing to pass the DC of 30 to sense inside the ship.

Eschaton’s Levitation rolls 14 + 19 + 5 for a total of 38, succeeding. An Effect Modifier of 16 + 8 allows him to fly without any impediment whatsoever.

His usage of Force Sight then rolls a 10 + 19 + 5 for a total of 34, exceeding the DC. The Effect Modifier of 14 + 2 allows him to sense danger, but even he is unfamiliar with what kind.

IC: Kain, the Beloved King of the Stars

Another Realm, Another Time, Another Life

The longer his thoughts began to dwell on the creature that made him, so too did they swell. He dared to probe the abysmal depths of forgotten epochs, the veil of time beginning to fray within his own mind. A pallor descended upon the world of Arkania, casting shadows where none should be. The air grew heavy with a miasma, tainted by the scent of antiquity, as though the decay of ages itself had seeped into the very fabric of reality. The essence of forgotten eons clawed at the edges of perception, yearning to be known once more. And know them, he would.

Visions, both alien and intimately familiar, coalesced within the inner sanctum of the senses. Faces of long-lost civilizations materialized, their countenances warped and twisted by the unfathomable passage of ages. Through the fractured shards of existence, fragments of ancient tongues whispered secrets, incomprehensible yet laden with portentous weight. Emotions, born from an era long consigned to the annals of oblivion, coursed through every sinew and nerve, forging an inexplicable connection between the present and the shattered ruins of antiquity.

He began to focus now. Looking upon all of time as broken pieces of glass, he reached out, carefully retrieving one of those shattered fragments and gazing into it. And it was there he saw them, floating in the cosmic endlessness of space and time. A formless mass, surrealistic and dreamlike. A black orb, bearing a face of magma upon unyielding darkness. A pyramidal strobilus, constantly shifting and changing even in the most minute of ways. A gaze downward revealed a beautiful form of emerald, elven nature. These were the Architects, the manipulators of life, power, and change.

Then a voice, unnatural and perturbed, echoed between the shards of glass. A voice that Kain recognized. The Gatekeeper of the Eye of Typhojem.

As his mother would not, he would wait no longer.

“I seek you,” replied Kain to the eldritch voice. We seek you.”

TAGS:
@Drakul_Xarxes, @Jen’nu

IC: Damian Kento

Sith Temple Courtyard, Pyxis

Picsart_23-05-27_21-49-42-395.jpg

Mardinga’s little trick would have worked on most. The coins glowed an unnatural violet as he imbued them with the power of the Force, but he would have to watch in disbelief as those coins completely whiffed on their intended targets. Four coins went flying, and four coins shot with resounding pops into the stony ground, ricocheting into the nearby wall.

Meanwhile, Sharkish’Ki would likely be thanking whichever Master had taught him how to use the Force to push himself beyond his own limits, as it was the only reason he was moving as well as he did. Though he failed to avoid the flames entirely, earning himself a scorching on his left arm, he was able to dodge the burning cloak well enough that it landed on the ground rather than on him. He then was able to propel himself like a trained acrobat, ascending the Sith statue like it had a ramp made especially for him, before leaping into the air, training saber ready to dish out some punishment for damaging his favorite cloak. The blow landed atop Mihi’s right shoulder, nearly dislocating it and singing the flesh.

The PROXY droid allowed its visage of Maul to snarl a sinister smirk as it twirled the saberstaff, ready to retaliate against the multi-colored magician. But before it got the chance, a wave of Kento’s hand signaled that this training session was now over. Its holographic illusion dissipated, leaving it in its natural state and bowing before its master.

“That’s enough,” Kento then called out to the pair of Sharkish’Ki and Mihi.

“It’s time to lick your wounds and rest up. If you need healing, head to the medbay. Otherwise, the dining hall has meals waiting for you all. You did well.”

TAGS:
@Mardinga, @Sharkish’Ki, @Mihi Gaudens

OOC: Sharkish’Ki’s usage of Force Body rolls 18 + 7 + 2, exceeding the necessary DC to succeed. An Effect Modifier of 9 - 3 allows him to ignore a bit of the exhaustion of this training session, though far from all of it.

His attempt to then sidestep the cloak incurs a DEX roll of 4 + 4. He avoids the cloak landing on him, but the flames get close enough to inflict a small amount of Heat Damage: 1d4. That die only rolls a 1, dropping Sharkish’Ki’s HP to 12. He then incurs another DEX roll to climb the Sith statue, rolling a natural 20. This miraculous bit of climbing will allow him to roll with advantage for his next move.

Sharkish’Ki’s follow-up leaping strike with Djem So rolls an 8 + 7 + 2, exceeding Mihi’s DC of 10. 1d4 is rolled for damage with his training saber, rolling a 4 and dropping Mihi’s HP to 6.

IC: Pandora

Picsart_23-05-27_21-53-27-358.jpg

This summit was getting nowhere. Everyone would rather argue than listen. It seemed only the King of Onderon had any sense here, according to her. But she did not expect an accusation from the Empress of the Sith. That had been… surprising.

“Suppressive ward?” Pandora asked. She had no knowledge of such things. Kain had begun to train her, of course, in honing her natural talent in the Force. But she had only ever known it as a tool to aid her in the slaughtering of her enemies. Spells and incantations were beyond her grasp as of yet, and suppressive wards certainly sounded like some kind of spell. “I do not…”

She stopped herself. She thought now. Suppressive.

Even Darth Huskac would know the difficulty in harnessing the full potential of his power, noting that while he could tell that many individuals here were lying in some manner or another, he could not tell who specifically.

If something was suppressing the senses of one as powerful as Darth Hesper or Huskac, it would have to be close. Pandora knew this from Kain’s teachings, at least. Her eyes flicked toward the hand motions of Huskac’s guardsmen, and her paranoia reached its peak.

“No one leaves until this is settled!” she boomed, motioning to the other side of the room. A droid, some make of astromech that no one here would be able to discern, began to roll toward the center of the room. “If one as entrenched in the flow of the Force as the Sith Empress cannot access her power, then that means one of you is not as you seem. Perhaps more. This droid will scan you all of your vital functions. Do not resist, or we will be forced to assume you are an imposter.”

“This is bantha dung!”
Sho Temm roared. “All of it! I’ve had enough of this gathering of children. Cal, we’re leaving. Now.”

A human noble, one only some would recognize from the Maldrood sector as Jhonn Emberstone, stood from his seat. His jowls jiggled when he spoke. “I agree. This was the most poorly planned ploy I’ve ever seen. We are done here.”

Pandora’s hand shot out, telekinetically taking hold of the man by his chest and shoulders. He cried out in horror as he found himself unable to move, and further cries of protest erupted from the rest of the gathering as the Hasturan Queen simply uttered, “Scan him first.”

As others no doubt drew their weapons and demanded Pandora cease her madness, the droid made its scans, chirping with a sinister tone. Pandora wasted no time, dragging him across the table to her. A chorus of bone-crushing snaps pierced through the ruckus as her claws gripped his neck. Her grip tightened, sinew and muscle straining against the overwhelming resistance. Her adrenaline-fueled strength surged forth, channeling a surge of primal power. A frenzied scream burst forth, the noble’s own symphony of agony and fear. Blood sprayed, a viridian torrent that painted the walls, table, and others here. Inch by gruesome inch, Pandora’s primal determination bore fruit as, with a sickening tear, sinew and tissue surrendered to her might, and the noble's head became separated from his body. A burst of putrid stench filled the room, mingling with the metallic tang of spilled blood.

TAGS: @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

OOC: Huskac’s usage of Force Sight rolls 15 + 21 + 10 to total out at 46, which is enough to function. An Effect Modifier of 17 + 4 allows him to sense that there are many individuals here that are being deceptive, though it is impossible to direct it at any one party.

Pandora’s usage of Telekinesis rolls a natural 20, succeeding in both holding the noble still and forcefully pulling him across the table. She then has to pass a STR check to rip his head off, rolling a 16 + 8. She succeeds in doing so.

IC: Catalyst
Verdanth

The wet jungle air against Catalyst's face was proof enough that he had made it to the planet's surface. The migraine-like pain in his head, however, ensured that his eyes remained closed as he stepped onto the soft ground. Kriff, I need a caff before I pull this stunt again. The sound of Eva's voice almost broke through his mental fog, but the tight embrace fully grounded him in the moment. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close.

"And here I thought you didn't like me or something," Catalyst chuckled as he released her. "Please don't tell me you're here for the same reason we are. Your father," he turned away slightly, hiding the obvious pain in his eyes, "Kain said that there was a True Sith survivor hiding out on this planet that's the key to preventing another galaxy devouring cataclysm." He looked up in the sky, clearly making out the Harbinger in orbit. "Nathemus and Volacius are here as well on his orders."

As if on cue, his comm chirped. He clicked it on, and was able to hear the last words of Volacius's proposed solution. Catalyst rolled his eyes and shut the communicator off, stowing it in his belt. "We need to get moving, before we become casualties of carelessness." He looked down at Eva. It still caught him off guard to see her as a young adult. Had it really been so long? "Do you have a ship big enough for two? I could probably pull off that party trick that got me here again, but I'd rather take the easy way off this planet."

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Darth Nathemus, @Volacius

IC: Avery Sunka
Nar Shaddaa

It was a bloody scene. As the man screamed for his life, Avery grabbed for his saber from its holster on his waist. But as he screamed, the sound of others echoed in Avery’s mind. A scream that haunted his sleep, his every moment, and had for weeks.

Get him out! The memory of wife’s screaming was as clear as it had been when she sliced into her stomach, the pressure of her usage of telekinesis keeping Avery far enough from grabbing the small blade in her hand.

Blood splattered across the entirety of the room, briefly pulling Avery from that memory as it hit his face and chest. He reached his left hand up to his lips, wiping off the green liquid with his black glove. Strange.

I’m going… t’lose… conscious… save… him….

King Avery, we need to go. Now,” Derrik leaned down to the whisper to him, the other riders behind him grabbing their blasters as he did.

Please.”

Avery stood from his chair, stepping back from the table and looking with utter disgust towards Pandora. His eyes moved to Lord Voidwalker, and before he could hesitate, he spoke out above the others shouting.

Is this truly what you stand for, Lord Voidwalker?" Avery started, his jaw clenching as he looked towards the man that he almost considered a brother-in-law. Were his wife here, she would be enraged, too. He hoped this would be enough to show the man his loyalty might have been misplaced. "A mad woman, killing us at random if we refuse to kneel to her precious King of the Stars? Is this what he would stand for? Whatever reasoning you both would like to create to make yourselves look better, that was senseless murder. Now we have no way of knowing who they were, or why they were here. This is madness. Keeping us from the Force will not keep us from seeing the truth. I may believe in this threat, but I will not kneel for my planet at the feet of those that would do this.

Avery stepped back, the other guards moving to surround them as they pointed their guns towards Pandora and anyone else that threatened to stop them.

If you try to stop us, I can promise you Ooradryl’s wrath would have nothing compared to the Hell my wife would unleash on you. We are leaving. Now.

Tags: @corinthia, @Helkosh, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @Darth Kain

IC: Lady Kolasi
Aboard the Tsushima

IMG_8493.jpg
The dungshow you dragged us to,” Kolasi pointed out as she glared at Lord Vaer, hooking her own rebreather onto her belt as she did. She did her best to cover the slight discomfort as she moved, though the quick look of pain was there nonetheless. Her incision, though mostly healed, had scar tissue that would be a constant reminder of the day her last child was born. At least he truly would be her last, though. And he'd survived, too.

Let’s get this over with. I’ve got better things to do than to suffer through the haunted house special with you lot any longer than necessary.

The Dark Lady reached out with the Force, attempting to see what was coming for them on this ship. Her eyes remained closed as she did, whispering in Sith as she focused on her breathing.

Powers Used:
Precognition - 5

Tags: @Arach, @Darth Kain , @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek, @Darth Voxyn, @Zareel Jhenan’doka

Last edited:
SURPRISE GM POST

IC: Pandora

Picsart_23-05-28_19-19-21-366.jpg“Calm yourself, King of Onderon,” said Pandora, the green ooze still dripping from her chin. Her hands were covered in it, though she did not seem to mind. “This is not human blood.”

Neither Emberstone’s severed head nor the opening in his body showed a drop of the red ichor or pulpy gore that a human should’ve spilled, only the green, fetid puss. Then something even stranger happened.

Ink-like claws emerged from the hole in the neck. An ebon thing, something in the shape of a man but certainly not, floated upwards like smoke from a cigarra. Its features were entirely bare, for none could pierce the veil of its utter penumbra, save its eyes, which glowed golden with hatred. The dark simulacra emitted a short, subsonic noise, and, in that briefest of seconds, if one looked to where the creature’s face lifted, one would have seen not the rusted, dirty ceiling of the Howling Hawkbat, but a vermillion and charcoal sky with pinprick black spots and eerily floating, moribund spheres. But the vision passed quickly, and the necromantic thing seemed to laugh. Then, like the accursed demon it was, the Shadow Being shot up through the portal into the beyond, where it was not seen again.

“They are with us here, the Shadow Beings,” Pandora murmured. “They must be eliminated, or we will never defeat their master.”

TAGS:
@corinthia, @Helkosh, @Voidwalker, @Darth Voxyn, @Cardun Vrek, @Dark Lady Makaria, @skira

IC: Darth Drakul Xarxes
Veeshas Tuwan, Arkania
Visions cascaded wildly through the minds of the three gathered, each seeing some glimpse into the sequence of events that had birthed them into the galaxy, that had led them to this moment, and those which would see them commune at last with the ancient Architects in the No Man's Land between reality and Beyond Shadows. The figures of each the viridian enchantress as the magma-faced ink blot coalesced for a moment into the horrifying visage familiar to the others: the tentacled face of the Left-Handed God, before the remaining figures cascaded into its hoary forehead. The figures dissolved together and were no more. All any could see, save for the green flames wreathing Xarxes' hands now, was the blackness of the void.

From the emerald fire of the Eye leaped a mote, taking shape before them as a white-hot, jagged humanoid. He could be described in no other way, for he was all aflame, in motion, and never ceased to shift before them, taking on a myriad of forms in each instant. From its ever-changing mouth came a croaking, airy laugh, riding on the gales of chilled air which enveloped them all now. Even in this moment the King of White Frost and the God of Eternal Fire alike felt themselves diminished as the ice here grew greater, despite the flaming nature of its interlocutor.

"You, of the golden eye, have shown yourself worthy in times past of gazing into the folds of knowledge contained in Dark Illathurion," it began, staring daggers into the skeletally-armored Sith Lord. "But this one," he said, now peering at the Beloved King's form, "is the offspring of the self-serving Queen of Air and Darkness, the vilest witch of creation, and to him, I shall not reveal my secrets without contest."

Xarxes nodded for a moment, taking the words of the apparition in turn, before a surge of mental energy shot forth toward the thing invisibly, stabbing at the Gatekeeper's personality, attempting to force it into submission.

"
It is I who requests communication into the Beyond. Your services will no longer be necessary after this next visit, and I shall annihilate you with the most powerful of Lights should I judge you unfit of my pity again. Relinquish your hold over the keys to the Beyond, or I shall force them from you, and give the demon you play with now control over all that you contain within your folds."

TAGS: @Darth Kain @Jen'nu

IC: Darth Eschaton
Boarding the Tsushima
The Black Steward's senses were submerged in an altogether alien metaphysical field of sense, where cold - a completely unfamiliar sensation to the Muun - was all that could be known. The evolved vortex of negative emotion whirled within his mind's eye, confined in his mind to the borders of the Tsushima. Here, the Dark was strong. Here, it could be embraced anew - if the dangers ahead could be survived.

The invisible senses, however, were quickly taken from his immediate sight as the obnoxious voice of Darth Kolasi pierced the air. Her bellicose demeanor towards Lord Vaer - another execrated Sith among the Order's highest - reeked of embittered tensions: the sort of tensions to be harvested and exploited.

Burrowing deeply into the Dark, Eschaton breathlessly drew upon the negative energies permeating the Tsushima: both those unknown and hidden and those present here and now in the bantering anger of the two Lords of the Sith, attempting to use the evils here to embolden his attempts at eldritch sight into the looming wall of darkness that held the ship in its grasp.

Powers Used:
-Mind Shard: 4
-Feed on the Dark Side: 3
-Force Sight: 4 (continued)

TAGS: @Arach , @skira , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Voxyn , @Zareel Jhenan´doka

IC- Darth Arach
Onboard the Tsushima

Arach removed the helmet of her borrowed space suit and took a step deeper into the hall. The danger she had felt earlier was at the forefront of her mind. She subconsciously withdrew her dagger from the suit’s utility belt, keeping the blade flat to her arm.

She ignored her superiors’ jabs at each other as she looked first one way, then the other. This entire ship gave struck her as wrong, yet she felt some curiosity about it.
The assassin took a deep breath to calm herself and to gather her focus. Perhaps, I can now find the source of the danger. She opened herself to the Force once more.

Powers Used:
Force Sense- 5

Tags: @Darth Kain, @skira, @Zareel Jhenan´doka, @Darth Voxyn, @Drakul_Xarxes, @Cardun Vrek

IC Brooke
Jedi temple, Tython

Brooke stared long and hard at the man she once knew. It was most assuredly Kain, but at the same time something felt… wrong. She wasn't sure she could put it into words, but to describe Kain as dead on the inside would not be far off the mark.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Apollo taking her hand. The boy led them away from the classroom as Keldro fiddled with the holopad that he had asked Brooke to use earlier. She was confident that their freshly conceived bond would prevent them from getting too far from him, though, and let Apollo continue to lead the way.

The winding halls of the Jedi Temple were completely unfamiliar to Brooke. It was unlike anywhere she had ever been. The sprawling corridors filled with other Force users sparkled within her unique perception of the universe. While there weren't as many Jedi as she expected, it was more than she had ever seen congregated in one place before. She was fascinated. Eventually Apollo led them to a quiet chamber, where only one Force signature glowed. The room was serene, and Brooke could hear the sound of flowing water and smell the scent of plant life. It was a place where calmness was difficult to not feel.

"I like it here too," Brooke smiled at the child, responding to his growing ease. She took a deep breath, taking in the clean air and letting the serenity wash over her being. "Are we allowed to touch the water Apollo? I'd like to dip my feet in if that's okay with the Jedi Masters." She chuckled, basking in the infectious happiness of their surroundings. The worry about Kain had washed away to the back of her mind. Right now, all that was important to her was making sure Apollo was as comfortable as possible.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Undying Master Xiannarr

IC: Death Apprentice Sharkish’Ki
Sith Temple Pyxis

The young Acolyte crumpled under his blow, compounding Sharkish’Ki’s turmoil as her shoulder crunched. His broad frame perched over her with a white knuckle grip on his training saber, and gritted teeth upon his animalistic visage, as his ember-like irises gazed at her, ready to snap at the possibility of a counter attack.

Kento called time on their session, and Sharkish’Ki began to relax. If she were to do something now, it would be miraculous in her condition, not to mention dangerous and stupid.
“You seem distracted, Acolyte,” he queried, and distracted can get you killed.” He was warm, even at this altitude. Sparring always got his blood going, but he had to keep moving if he was to work against the wind. He pushed himself to his feet and lowered his blade, deactivating it with a flick of his wrist. He turned his burnt arm upwind, dismissing an attempt to discern the difference in pain, and held out his prosthetic hand to aid her to hers. She may not need it, but the offer of honor was there.
Tell me your name,” he spoke calmly as he waited, as if the rage that had driven him to damage her had simply melted away, like the snow that dared to touch their skin.

Tags: @Mihi Gaudens @Darth Kain

Eyes narrowed as her shoulder felt the sting of his blade.
Her shoulder seemed to find itself misaligned in it's proper place.
She rolled it forward and put it right. As she did this a grimace came across her face.
Her opponent she wished to strike alas it was not to be. The droid told them they were done and to seek any needed medical attention necessary.
She speang from her postion to her feet.
She stretched and twisted the rest of her bwing assuring things were as before.
Unfortunately her shoulder still wasn't as it should be.
She made her way to the medbay to have herself looked over before they would need to do anything further. One must always be ready.
"Distracted, no. Lost yes." She spoke curtly. The opponent for this match had landed a blow and thrilled she was not about it.
She stewed in her anger at such things happening.
"My name is Mihi" and with that she was gone as easily as a snowflake melting on her face. The cold was never something she ran from but something wasn't right about today.

@Darth Kain, @Sharkishki

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom