Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Game Mass Effect: Eradication

Voidwalker

Streaming Partner
IC Starlight (Thalia)
Port Hanshan

"I'm guessing you're with them?" The man with the cane accused her. But before she has a chance to respond, Krogan cuts in with another smartass remark. Still the one in front of her seemed defensive, more defensive than she likes.

As the guards took their positions, one of them removed his helmet, this is a sight that Starlight wishes she hadn't seen. Was he even a human? He had sunken eyes, purple cornrowed hair, and a red beard. Did he lose a bet? Starlight whispers to herself. The strange man took his point and declared that the port was on lockdown due to a Geth being smuggled in. It seemed like a bull shit excuse. Someone wanted them to be stuck here.

Fuck that!" The Krogan's words ripple through her ears.

The large Krogan wasted no time in making his way to the strange man that was taking charge. For one so large he was quick on his feet. If anyone would get answers it would be an angry Krogan. As for the other gentleman that was in front of her, holding his cane, he was a different story. He seemed unphased by all the commotion. His accusation of them being with her pissed Thalia off even more than the rude Krogan had earlier.

"I'll have you know that I don't need any guards to tell me where to go or what to do. Don't ever accuse me again, Turian! I'll have you know..."

"Now you listen here. Do you know who I am? I am Veloc Torv, the voice of the Krogan race. And I am not being held here against my will, human."

"We'll finish this conversation later, it seems like your friend is making his point." Starlight pushes past the Turian and approaches behind the Krogan as he continues on.

"...I’ll kill it for you. I’ll even do it…what’s that human phrase? Oh yeah, pro boner. I’ll do it pro boner.”

Starlight immediately looks down and walks past the Krogan to a booth and takes a seat as she tries to hold her composure together. As the want to laugh builds, Thalia covers her face with her hand as she tries to whisper into her com to Reez. "Well at least we have a name for this Pro-boner." Starlight reaches for the glass sitting in front of her, doing everything she can to hold in the laughter.

TAG:

@Darth Kain, @Cardun Vrek, @corinthia, @Darth Sedicious, @Hadzuska_The Jester

Darth Sedicious

Dark Council
Jedi Council
IC: Stygian Vard

1661946075089.png

“Not what I meant.”

Stygian doubts the meaning of his words actually penetrated into her consciousness. Likely nothing but just another noise amidst the cacophony of upset silence, a drop of rain in the storm.

He knows his hopes of Torv’s restraint were misplaced, foolish, given too early. But giving into emotion isn’t the sign of stupid person, nor is it an indication of a weak one. It simply means one feels them strongly. Or perhaps that’s a comforting remark made to himself to chase down the fading image of him cutting the asari from gullet to belly. Once he told himself it was the reapers and their dreaded tech that made such violent thoughts pierce and prod and ram into his train of thought. But he always knew deep within, as he does now, that these macabre daydreams are his own. It’s the will to not act on those impulses—for that is all they are, pinpricks in an otherwise intact cognitive blanket—that marks the common person from the savage. He could look around him, and though they might hurl their acidity with unnecessary and far too excited ease, he knew that there must have been some modicum of good within them.

Torv may be detested by critics and a source of chagrin to his own people. But every word, every gunshot, every brutal bash with his fists was tinged with love: love for his species, love for art, and love for life itself. Or maybe he’s just a brainless brute, an excuse of a dilettante out for himself and only himself. Stygian always did have problems accepting things at face value, not always an unreasonable thing to do. Regardless, his stand here is impressive, notwithstanding the faux pas.
As for the asari, he knows nothing of her. Nothing except that watching her go could be an activity worth a bag of credits on its own.

He considers intensely loudly and openly challenging his reasoning, and with such faulty logic Stygian is more likely than not to get others to join in. But with all this tech? He’s fucked possibly if they even notice him. He pulls his cloak’s hood over his head and crest, and double-checks if his eyes have the masking lenses over them. Hopefully they’ll just dismiss him as a pale turian if they pick him out from the others. Easier to do that now that he’s got a true hood over his head. The turian hoods seem more like headbands to the humans, so it's usually nothing to worry about, but a large hood covering the entire head? Shady. Literally.

It’s best he figures another way. Hunter vision would be useful here. Just his luck: never needed it when he had it, and now that he needs it, it’s hiding. For now, he needs to pay attention; even the most minor of detail matters. He zooms in closer to the human and examines his features. After repressing a gag reflex, he zooms out enough to see him and Torv at the center of the stage. He tunes his cybernetically enhanced ears to pick up nearby sounds. Torv and the human were plenty loud enough that he didn’t need to tune his ears to that. Better to hear every breath near you when your visual attention is so narrow. Even a cloaker made some noise, accounting the possibility that the guards could just be there to take his attention.

What’s to happen next?

Tags:
@Darth Kain, @Cardun Vrek, @corinthia, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Voidwalker

Last edited:

Darth Kain

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Council
Immortalis
GM Update

Elsewhere in Port Hanshan, Noveria

The task was simple. Easy, even, if the Geth remained undetected.

This mission had gotten far more complicated.

The port's administrative lead has information vital to Decius’ investigation, and with Shepard practically ruining the reputation of Spectres here on Noveria, it was supposed to be the wise move to send in one crewmate from a distance. Genesis had been secretly sent into Port Hanshan, concealed in the luggage of some dignitary who hadn’t bothered to check. The Geth had successfully escaped its hiding place without the mark noticing, but that had only been the beginning.

When Genesis soon discovered that the administrator’s files could only be downloaded from her office terminal, well, that had been the first complication. The second was that ERCS guard that was now missing his lower jaw.

The entire port is on lockdown, no one getting in or out without the barrel of an assault rifle meeting them first. Genesis knows that well enough now, now that it is using a steel planter’s box as cover while bullets rain from ahead. There are two guards between the Geth and the first door leading to the admin office, a pair of turians utilizing cover of their own. One is using the corner of a half-wall ahead to Anomaly’s right, while the other is hiding behind a railing ahead to the Geth’s left. They seem perfectly in sync, one firing until their thermal clip runs dry just so the other can fire while they reload. The gunfire is near-constant.

Can the Geth reach his target before more security arrives?

TAG: @Hadzuska_The Jester

index.php

IC: Cabal Knox and James Eep

Hotel Lounge, Port Hanshan, Noveria

Screenshot 2022-08-31 7.15.48 PM.pngThat strange-looking guard’s narrow eyes go wide at the sound of a krogan’s furious voice booming throughout the lounge. A trickle of sweat runs down his brow, and an audible gulp can be heard by Stygian’s cybernetically-enhanced ears. It’s clear that a little volus had been of no concern for this man, but a krogan nearly twice his own height was plenty to keep him scared of.

“I have no doubt you’d have no trouble destroying a platoon of Geth on your own,” the guard says, hoping the compliment is enough to keep the krogan from breaking his spine. “The Board wouldn’t be too happy if I let you do our job for us. Especially with krogans being notorious for, eh, collateral damage.”

Before Torv even has a chance to retort, which would no doubt include some sort of violence, another human appears from the stairs. The one that Reezka had taken notice of earlier, with his striking blue eyes being the most predominant of his features. He looks suave and charming as he approaches the center of the room, stepping beside the krogan without any worry about the possibility of a bone-crushing backhand.

The guard straightens up, fear remaining just as strong as it had before. “Mr. Knox, sir. I had no idea you were here.”

“When aren’t I?” asks the businessman, giving a playful smirk.
“What’s your name, kid?”

“Eep, sir. James Eep.”

Knox cocks his head to the side, partly out of confusion, partly out of amusement, simply because of the way this guard pronounces his name. “James Eep?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Listen, Eep. You know that I am responsible for almost half your paycheck, right?”

Disheartened, the strange guard looks down to the floor.

“Right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“And you know that I don’t care which rent-a-cop moron you take orders from, because none of them have as much authority over Elanus matters as me, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Then here’s what’s going to happen.”
Knox’s voice goes louder, addressing everyone in the vicinity. “Anyone that knows their way around a gun and isn’t wearing ERCS armor is going to come with me. We’ll take care of this Geth. In exchange, you get a free ticket out of Port Hanshan and a job offer. A much better deal than just waiting around here for guys like James Eep here to do their job.”

Having been thoroughly dressed down before an entire crowd, the glum guard moves away from the center of the room, putting his helmet back on. It doesn’t seem that Knox even notices it.

“Alright, then. Who’s with me?”

TAGS:
@corinthia , @Cardun Vrek , @Voidwalker , @Darth Sedicious

Attachments

• 60644.jpg
    60644.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Darth Kain

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Council
Immortalis
Convoluted Combo/GM Update

IC: Veloc Torv, Thalia T'Lara, Stygian Vard, Reezka, and Cabal Knox
Hotel Lounge, Port Hanshan, Noveria

Collateral Damage? I’LL SHOW YOU COLLATERAL DAMAGE YOU SON OF A-

Torv’s inner monologue drifts off as the other human arrives, saving the human known as James Eep from getting his skull caved in by Torv’s own gauntleted fists. Although, it probably would be an improvement. Torv stands, arms folded, as the newcomer verbally dismantles Eep. He grunts. If this had been a krogan settlement, Knox’s words would surely have earned him some sort of physical retaliation, be it a bullet or a headbutt. Instead, Eep just stands there and takes it. Torv looks around at the other guards. If this had been a group of krogan, they likely would’ve challenged, or even killed, their commander for cowering like a newborn pyjak at simple words.

If it had been Torv’s commanding officer, Torv would have pulled out his shotgun and blasted the pathetic whelp there and then. Such weak leadership could not be allowed to endure for the good of the soldiers. Weak leaders led to weak armies.

Knox finishes his verbal takedown and turns to the crowd, offering them a ticket off this frozen rock in exchange for helping him take down the geth, and also a job offer.

Torv considers this for a moment, then responds. “I’ll help you kill this geth if it gets me back to Omega and my work.”

Stygian’s throat fills with anxiety. If it was truly a geth, then it needs to be checked to ensure it’s not innocent. They will always associate every geth, perhaps even every cyborg, with the Reapers now. After all, most thought it was geth all along.

“Just get me my guns. But as for this ‘job offer’? I’ll pass. I have verses to compose, and all this crap is detrimental to my poetic process, damnit.”

"Poetic process? Pfft."
Thalia whispers to herself overhearing the krogan's words. A krogan poet, sounds like some nonsense her mother would have told her about her fath-…. "NO FUCKING WAY!" Thalia exclaims out loud, much louder than she had ever intended, almost rupturing Stygian’s eardrums as he reeled away from her for the slightest moment as his ears sped to dampen the sound. Omega? His work? Her mind was racing with questions, questions she thought she'd never have any sort of answers to. Yet here the possibility to get said answers was a possibility. Her stomach aches and sweat quickly forms on her brow.

"A krogan poet? A joke I must say, for what cruel game has hell dared play this day?" She speaks more to herself but the words still escape her lips nonetheless, and one amongst them, if none else, indeed picked them up. As if her mouth was moving faster than she could compose the words or ideas herself. Everything had suddenly changed and this mission had become much more interesting. Wherever this krogan was going, so was she. Whether she got her answers or not, her and Reez had a job to do and he was still the target.

Starlight stands from her seat, a much more serious and stone-hardened look covering her face, replacing the previous playful and flirty presence she'd had about her. "If it means not being stuck here and getting back to my own affairs, human, then I'm in!"

“And so am I!” Stygian says as his eyes click back to base zoom level and his ears return to default.

“Don’t mistake my cane for weakness. I’m a trained biotic, and though it might have been some time since I have used them I’m still capable of handling myself and others. Plus, I’m a turian. We live, breathe, and eat combat. But what's most attractive for you is that I have experience negotiating, or at least attempting to, with geth from when I had my diplomatic stay on the quarian flotilla. We may not be looking to speak with it, but I’m familiar with their footprints, as well as the best ways to kill them…” Stygian’s face betrays a hint of sadness for only a moment, but a moment long enough for a shrewd businessman, such as Knox as Stygian believed him to be, to notice. To be a human yet someone so important to a turian security company? He must be clever, Stygian thinks.

“Quarian diplomacy for geth always ended, and usually began, with gunfire."

“You got that fucking right,”
a modulated voice says from somewhere near Stygian’s hip; Reezka is emerging from under the bar, her wavering Tactical Cloak resolving to reveal the petite quarian woman. The faceplate of her helmet has a mean glint in it, a gleam of manic intensity. She’d abandoned her slow crawl away when she heard the suited man’s offer and the krogan’s acceptance– it will work to her benefit to be near that krogan, and between she and Thalia, Reezka is sure they’ll be able to squeeze more information about Cerberus out of the thick-crested krogan. And with the addition of a geth… things are sure to be interesting. “Give me back my damn shotgun and I’ll give that geth a taste of its fuckin’ ammo block.”

Reezka folds her arms and sidles up to Starlight, who’s got an uncharacteristically serious look on her face. She nods her acid-green helmet at her friend. “We’re in.”

Knox cracks a half smile as he looks around the room, glad to see he had been right in who he’d chosen for this. Strong wills, fierce hearts, distracted minds. Perfect in every way. Though only one of them had earned some semblance of ire from him: Torv. I’ll pass. Yeah, right.

“I’ve read your poetry, Veloc Torv,” says Knox. “Your poetic process usually involves tearing someone apart with your bare hands. The job I’m offering has plenty of inspiration for you to pull from, if you catch my meaning. Just think about it.”

He turns to the others, giving a slight nod. “If what I’m hearing in my comms is right, this Geth is between us and where they have your weapons kept. And while we could probably tear it apart with our biotics, I don’t feel safe rushing into danger without a gun at my side. I’m sure most of you can relate.” He gives a glance to Stygian, who looks like the slightest recoil from a hand cannon would shatter his arms. “Thankfully, I own plenty of weapons. These guards are just holding them for me.” Knox turns his frightening blue gaze to Eep, who had made it to the edge of the room. “That rifle you’ve got there, it’s the M-15 Vindicator, right?”

James Eep gulps beneath his helmet. “Y-yes, sir,”

“Give it to me.”

“But s-sir, I--”

“You know better, Eep. Just hand it over.”

Sighing, James Eep walks back to the center of the room and hands Knox his rifle, carefully ensuring the barrel never points at him. He wasn’t the brightest, but at least he wasn’t an idiot.

Knox smiles. “Thank you for keeping it warm.” He then nods to Torv, Reezka, Stygian, and Thalia. “Take whatever weapon you want from any of the guards here. If they put up a fight, their hospital bills aren’t getting covered by their company insurance. I guarantee that.”

Torv stands with arms folded as all the others step up to join their Geth hunt. He narrows his eyes at the Asari as she screams and then begins to mumble in rhyme. Now that he’s looked at her closely, she looked oddly familiar. Torv shakes his head, turning his attention to the Quarian who appeared out of nowhere. He nods in approval at her eagerness. It was very Krogan. Though his nod turns to a glare as she motions to the Asari as if they were together.

Was the Asari a distraction? Was this little Quarian bitch trying to rob him? Torv grunts, flexing his muscles.

He listens as Knox tries to talk him round. He wasn’t necessarily wrong… Torv grunts a little again. Maybe it was time. He’d hear him out, at least. Maybe.

I need some damn Ryncol.

Knox invites them to grab a weapon from the guards, and Torv smirks. He spots a Turian guard, standing proudly, like he owned the damn bar, as all Turians did. Torv walks over to the Turian, thinking back- a very long time back- to the day the Turians came to enforce the ‘demilitarisation’ of the Krogan race at the end of the rebellions. Oh, how those bastards had loved every second of it as they’d ripped rifles out of warriors' hands and taken away every warship the Krogan had. As Torv shoved the Turian round wordlessly and grabbed the Vindicator Battle Rifle the guard had stowed on the back of his armour, he considered it just a tiny bit of payback.

If he had his way, it would only be the first of many instances of payback. He turns to Knox, checking his new weapon and getting a feel for it.

“Maybe I’ll listen to your offer. But for now, let’s kill this fucking Geth. I’m getting bored.”

Thalia looks around at the present guards, she eyes each of them, searching for the perfect weapon. No, not the pistol. While they're lightweight and easy to conceal, they don't have that same satisfying feeling. A sniper rifle perhaps? No, need something with enough rounds in one go to blast the bastard in the face. Ah, the assault rifle! Yes, that'll do. Nothing better than feeling the vibration of kickback from the hard pumping of rounds over and over.

A human female is in possession of the rifle and she already looks in a pissy mood. Thalia walks over and glances at her as she lays her hands down on the top of the gun to take it from her. The guard's grip slightly tightens as Thalia tries to pull it out of her hands. "Look bitch, you can lose the rifle or your life. Choose now,” Thalia tells her with a wild look in her eye. It was clear that she wasn't bluffing. She was prepared to kill the pain in the ass and everyone else in the lounge if need be. The guard gasps and loosens her grip as Thalia takes the rifle and walks back over to Reez with a look of nothing but smiles. "This is exciting and really gets the blood pumping. This man knows how to set the mood."

Maybe the assholes are great in a fight, Stygian thinks, but when it comes to diplomacy they'll surely fall short.

"Not that they'll try it."

They're foul-mouthed without a filter, and aggressive without temperance, Vard thinks, and Knox could use the knowledge that at least one of them had some measure of tact, and decency.

Stygian moves at a pace in between predatory slowness and prey briskness—a neutral gait taken as he walks toward the shortest human he sees. The neutrality helps the svelte male human relax to an extent, but not to settle. Though Stygian was short for a turian, he still towered over most humans. With the combined history of turian/human past, the biology of turians that's redolent of vicious earthling raptors, the noticeable height difference, difference in appearance of clothing and armor, the flanged voice, and as well as inturian appearance of Vard helped to make it clear to the clever what was actually going on. The intimidation was certainly there. It just didn't slap you in the face. It was the way of the politician.

Stygian Vard speaks with amiable calmness, "Hello there. I'd like to borrow your sidearm, please."

His taloned hands were small but not without length, and retained the footprint of a once-savage species' favored method of hunting and killing. He hands over his sidearm without trembling but not without an uncertain wariness in his hazel eyes.

"Thank you."

And with a short head bow in thanks, he turns away to join the others, sidearm collapsed and hidden beneath the obsidian veil that is his cloak.

Meanwhile, Reezka had been taking stock of who still had a gun of the ERCS guards; without a word, she slinks up to a turian woman and deftly relieves her of her pistol, pulling it from its holster before the turian could tell her not to.

"Mmm," she purrs. "It's not one of mine, but it'll do the trick." Stuffing it into the empty holster on her thigh, Reezka crosses her arms again, drumming her fingers frenetically against her upper arms. "Alright, then, human. You got us on board and got us some guns. Now point us in the right direction so we can kill this damn geth."

“To the elevator, then,”
says Knox, nodding towards their exit. He walks, not necessarily motioning the others to follow so much as expecting them to, to the doors. They rotate away, recognizing the authority of the man that was in charge here. The doors remain open as he steps into the center of the elevator, allowing the others enough room to step inside before the doors close, and their descent begins. It is a tight squeeze, but there is enough room to breathe. For now.

“So,” he begins, “anyone want to talk about their people’s history?”

TAGS: @corinthia , @Voidwalker , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Sedicious , @Hadzuska_The Jester

Darth Cold

Dark Council
IC: Genesis Anomaly

Damned organics. Genesis computed his options quickly. Genesis dropped a combat drone which focused in on the guard on the left behind the railing, immediately after that he threw a grenade over the half wall to the right, and readied their Plasma SMG.

The combat drone went flying into action just as Genesis intended, flying into the air and getting an angle on the turian hiding behind the railing. It fired, one of its hypersonic rounds puncturing the guard's shoulder plate and sending blue blood across the floor. The turian cried out in pain, but he seemed more angry than hurt. He turned, firing a spray of machine gun fire at the flying drone. Perhaps it was simply the pain, but he missed his shots entirely.

Meanwhile, the grenade never made it over the top of the half wall, landing on the other side of it. After but a moment, it detonated, sending shrapnel in all directions but the one that the other guard hid. The wall itself was scorched from the blast, blackened by its fiery explosion. The turian on the other side was fine, though no doubt shell-shocked from having a grenade explode just on the other side of his cover. He leaned out of cover to take aim at Genesis' position, firing three rounds before hiding once again. The shots struck close to Anomaly's headplate, but almost only mattered in horseshoes and hand grenades, and even then sometimes that wasn't enough. Genesis knew that well enough now.

This is taking too long. Genesis rolled from behind the steel planter to get to closer cover near the guard behind the wall. Calculating trajectory quickly, he readied the Plasma SMG to return fire for the moment the guard poked his head out from behind the cover of the surprisingly sturdy half wall. Give up and get out of my way, or die feeble organic. He didn't want to kill them, they weren't Slavemaster's after all, but the neccessity of the knowledge from this mission outweighed the lives of these organics unfortunately.

(OOC: The GM was kind enough to roll for me for the first part of my post and respond with his own rolls:

Combat Drone - 17 + 1 for a total of 18, a success. Damage is a d6 roll since this is a level 1 drone, and you rolled a 4, dropping the first guard's health from 12 (10 + 2 for ERCS armor) to 8. Grenade - 5 + 1 for a total of 6, a failure.

The first guard rolled a 3 and the second rolled a 13 in their attacks)

Tag: @Darth Kain

Cardun Vrek

Legendary Member
Jedi Council
IC: Veloc Torv
Port Hanshan Hotel Longue, Noveria,

"Alright, then, human. You got us on board and got us some guns. Now point us in the right direction so we can kill this damn geth."
The Quarian says.

“HA! I like this little Quarian. Straight to the point, just like a Krogan.” Torv shouts, nodding.

Even if she is a little sneak. Her and that Asari whore.

The Asari…Torv wished they could leave her behind. Fucking Asari were always more trouble than they were worth. And this one, he finally realised, reminded him of one Asari in particular, at least in looks. Velaria T’Lara, the…he couldn’t bring himself to call her a whore, unlike this Asari standing near him. She might have left him with no warning, but the days he had spent with had been good.

But she had still ran off without a word, so fuck her, wherever she was. Maybe she was dead. Torv didn't know how to feel about that.

He was surprised Stygian was coming with them- the guy looked like a strong breeze would kill him. But maybe the Turian was just putting on an act, though Torv had yet to find a decent Turian actor in centuries. They were all too up their own asses.

Knox directs them to the elevator, and Torv audibly groans as he realises that another long ride beckons, and that he’s going to have to share the space with everyone else.

Damn it…why don’t these fucking humans make their elevators big enough for a Krogan. I feel like a goddamn caged pyjak.

Torv just about manages to squeeze himself in behind Knox, grumbling the whole time. He immediately felt trapped, and every fibre of his being urges him to break out. It was a natural instinct born of the Krogan blood flowing through his veins- Torv, like every Krogan, needed their own space. Despite living in large clans, it was a bad idea to make Krogan share living quarters for too long. Someone would end up injured, or dead. It was that very need for space that had kicked off the damn rebellions in the first place.

“So, anyone want to talk about their people’s history?” Knox asked, and Torv grunts.

“Listen, human, if you can make this fucking elevator go faster, I’ll tell you anything you want to hear. Hell, I’ll even dedicate my next goddamn poem to you, and this frozen lump of rock.” Torv snarled, his hands balled up into fists.

How much fucking longer is this fucking elevator going to fucking take?!

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Voidwalker, @Darth Sedicious

Voidwalker

Streaming Partner
IC: Thalia T'Lara
Tight Elevator, Port Hanshan, Noveria

Thalia followed behind Knox and the large Krogan to the elevator doors, she had to suppress a laughter watching the large Krogan trying to work his way into the elevator car. It was going to be a tight squeeze, but it wasn't anything Thalia hadn't encountered before in her various jobs. Even if the large Krogan took up a good amount of space himself, Thalia figured she could maneuver herself so she had just the right amount of room if needed. She stepped in after the Krogan was situated and took a spot near the rear of the elevator to the left corner, making sure to keep her back to the conjoining walls. Always better to keep your own back covered.

So, anyone want to talk about their people’s history?” the human male asked, and in traditional Krogan fashion, the large Krogan grunted. How primitive.

Listen, human, if you can make this fucking elevator go faster, I’ll tell you anything you want to hear. Hell, I’ll even dedicate my next goddamn poem to you, and this frozen lump of rock.”

"How typical, always in such a mood and never with a straight answer. I swear you're just like my mother, Velaria." Thalia shot back with an annoyed tone. Though she can't help but to let out a small grunt of her own and she looks down to the rifle in her hands. Thoughts and memories flashing in her head of previous assignments and her training. She smiles and looks back up.

"There's nothing much to say about my people that isn't already known to the rest of the galaxy. We Asari have been around and done much. But I can tell you about myself if you'd like to know more. For starters, while most Asari are known for their diplomacy, a select few of us aren't cut out for politics. My mother always told me that I was too aggressive and I must have gotten that from my father, whoever that was. I could never get a straight answer out of that woman. Much like our big friend here." Thalia looks down again this time as if you try to conceal her face. Trying to hold back tears in her eyes.

Why did my father leave, and why can't I ever get any answers? Oh well, perhaps one day I'll know the truth.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Sedicious , @Hadzuska_The Jester

Last edited:

corinthia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Immortalis
IC: Reezka
Noveria – Port Hanshan

Reezka, given her small stature, finds herself stuffed into the corner of the elevator as everyone piles on; squeezed between Torv’s hulking figure and the wall, she groans when the human guy asks about their people’s history. Shit, as if she doesn’t get enough of that already as a quarian. She rolls her eyes behind her visor, sending the glowing dots on its exterior in a loop among its ever-shifting data feeds. Flotilla this, geth that. She’d had enough of explaining where it all went wrong for the quarians on her Pilgrimage on the Citadel. This guy oughta just shut the fuck up before Reezka gives him a taste of this fancy ERCS loaner pistol…

As Torv growls at the human and Starlight gives a retort of her own, Reezka’s attention is drawn away by a notification pulse on her omni-tool—ah, a message from Hercy! If anyone was looking, they probably could’ve seen Reezka’s glowing eyes form into two neon green hearts.

Flicking her omni-tool open, she opens the e-mail from her beloved.

《 hey baby girl ❤️,》 it reads, 《 just wanted 2 check in & see how things r going on noverria. u kill any serberus assholes yet? or find out nything abt what happened 2 ur uncle? thinking abt u baby. xoxoxox. hope u give em hell. say hi 2 star 4 me. manager criks got me working a double tmorw- ughhhhhh. fuck that guy, seriously. whats in his head, makin me work so damn hard? atleast it’ll b some extra creds. also got some new aftermkt parts in 4 the blackout, cant wait to take my gorges girl out 4 a spin when u get back home. i’ll take u down to beny’s and we’ll see his new dj set. think u’ll ❤️ it. real top noch shit so ive been told. message me back when u get a moment. miss u baby. i love u, bed’s too empty w/o u. kisses, h. 》

Leaning her shoulder up against the cool metal of the elevator wall, she replies:

《 hercy!!!!!! 💚💚💚 I miss u too! noveria sucks ass. way too fuckin cold for me, nothing but ice and uptight corp dandies here. and barely any leads about my uncle and cerberus. no kills yet :rolleyes: things just got interesting tho, some human recruited me and star and some other guys to hunt a geth that somehow got on the station. a geth!! I mean, u know how I feel about the whole geth thing, but it’s kinda different knowing I could be scoping one down the barrel of a gun soon. Im a little nervous but I think I’ll be ok. just gotta do what I do best. beny’s sounds good!!! u know he’s always got the nastiest beats on omega. I’ll tell star u said hi! I love love love love u baby, can’t wait to be back in your arms 💚 rz 》

Looking up from her omni-tool as she sends off her e-mail to Hercus, Reezka catches a glimpse of Starlight’s face across the elevator, and the beginnings of a tear in her eye. Shit, Reezka thinks. Starlight is impossible to break—something must be really bothering her. Like mercury, Reezka slips to Starlight’s side. “You okay, babes?” she asks, pitching the volume of her helmet low.

Last edited:

Darth Sedicious

Dark Council
Jedi Council

“You know we can still all hear you, quarian. This elevator is packed enough for it. Perhaps Torv should have taken one of the cargo lifts, they’re built for his size.”

The comment is probably going to irritate Torv further, Stygian thinks. No matter yet. Perhaps if he has a sense of humor he’ll laugh and fire back.

“And maybe you the vents. They’re more your size.”

And now he’s just made enemies with half the team, or broken the ice with them.

Stygian gripped his black cane with one hand as if he’s going to slam it down, albeit held close to his body. The cloak enhanced the shadow fallen on his face and painted his face with an almost pitch level of darkness. Some carbon nanotube contraption the criminal human tailors made. Godsdamn, was it expensive. But it helped conceal his cybernetics and was nearly impossible to destroy, and that was good enough for him to cash in on it. Only needed to buy it once, though he had a spare for everything.

“Well, Mr. Knox, you already know plenty about my people’s, I’m sure. How did you get this high up in Elanus, anyway?”
He had to be very important to have the brass balls to treat private security like children. Just how important he is is something Stygian awaits to hear, though he doubts it will be told.

There was something about his eyes

Tags: @corinthia , @Voidwalker , @Cardun Vrek , @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Darth Kain

Darth Kain

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Council
Immortalis
GM Update

IC: Cabal Knox
Elevator, Port Hanshan, Noveria

Knox smirks at the krogan’s frustration, the asari’s turmoil, the quarian’s reticence, and the turian’s curiosity. There is a certain level of amusement there that even the rest of the beings in this elevator could sense, like a father finding enjoyment rather than annoyance in his children’s bickering. Torv is right, nonetheless. This elevator is moving much slower than any of them would like, but at least Knox knows precisely why.

“The elevators move slower here when their weight limit’s neared,” he says to Torv. “We move any faster and the servos might just give out, flatten us into a sentient cocktail. In that regard, you can thank the board for cheaping out on the infrastructure. Yet they insisted on making explosion-resistant half-walls throughout the plaza.”

It was clear as to why. Such half-walls provided perfect cover in a firefight, something that Knox senses will become rather pertinent in the near future.

He turns those cybernetic blue eyes to Stygian now, that smirk not fading in the slightest. “Long story. The short and sweet version is that the galaxy is full of treasures to sell to the highest bidder, you just have to be the first one to find them.”

As if on queue, a news story begins to play over the elevator’s speaker. The woman’s voice is clearly human and young. No more than twenty-five years old, Knox wagers. Younger people always did so falsely believe that journalism was going to help them shake up the galaxy. He knew, on the other hand, that all journalism does is normalize the status quo.

“Khalisah al-Jilani, one of our most famed reporters for Westerlund News, encourages the people of Earth to watch her expose damning information about the Andromeda Initiative in two days, on December 29th. For those who aren’t aware, the Andromeda Initiative is a controversial project that aims to launch thousands of volunteers to our neighboring galaxy of the same name. The galaxy waits with bated breath for what al-Jilani has to report on the matter. Tune in here to Westerlund News to get the scoop first.”

Knox laughs. “As if that woman won’t just get half the galaxy to roll their eyes with the first word she says.”

The elevator stops. The doors open. And what they find is chaos.

TAGS: @Cardun Vrek , @Voidwalker , @corinthia , @Darth Sedicious

IC: The ERCS Guards
Before the Admin Office, Port Hanshan, Noveria

The Geth’s timing could not have been more impeccable. It had timed exactly when that turian was going to pop its headplate out from its cover, and its burst of submachine gun fire had struck true. Cerulean blood was sent flying as the bullets ripped past the guard’s kinetic barrier, puncturing his armor and piercing flesh. He screamed, collapsing onto the ground and ripping his helmet off, fumbling and trying to feel the damage done to his face. If he somehow survived this hell, he would be scarred for life. His life-partner wouldn’t even be able to recognize him after this.

The turian didn’t even realize how much damage his brain had sustained; he’d been single for years. And with that blue blood pooling inside his skull, it was only a matter of time before he met his gods.

Meanwhile, Genesis’ flying combat drone attempted to finish off the other guard, firing another blast at the lesser-covered turian. The shot missed entirely, however, allowing the turian to unleash another burst of assault rifle fire. These shots didn’t miss, striking the drone with pinpoint accuracy and maximum velocity. The drone exploded and fizzled into nothingness, utterly destroyed.

OOC NOTES: Genesis rolls a 17+1 on his attack roll for a total of 18, successfully hitting the ERCS guard behind the half-wall. A d10 is rolled for damage, to which Genesis rolls a 9. The guard suffers 9 damage, dropping his health from 12 (10 + 2 for the ERCS armor) to 3.

Genesis’ Combat Drone rolls a 4+1 on its attack roll for a total of 5, missing its shot at the other ERCS guard.

The guard hidden behind the railing returns fire at the drone with a roll of 19, succeeding. A d10 is rolled for damage, to which the guard rolls a 10. The combat drone has been destroyed, and there is a cooldown of five turns before another drone can be launched.

Cardun Vrek

Legendary Member
Jedi Council
Inside an Elevator, Port Hanshan, Noveria

"How typical, always in such a mood and never with a straight answer. I swear you're just like my mother, Velaria."

“-just like my mother, Velaria.”

Torv’s eyes bulge inadvertently. His mouth goes dry. His mind starts racing as he glances at the Asari. He doesn’t even hear Stygian and Knox’s words addressed towards him. He just nods along blankly, his eyes darting around the elevator.

Nah, there must be millions of Asari called Velaria. It’s a common enough name. No way this Asari is *my* Velaria’s daughter.

It had been over a century since Velaria had left him. Plenty of time for her to find someone else to mate with and have a kid. If it even was the same Velaria, which he doubted.

But then, just as he begins to relax, a memory resurfaces. He had tried to forget about Velaria after she left him. The ryncol had helped. But now, he remembers. They had talked about having a child. Even melded a few times. But then she had left him. Had she been pregnant? That time was a blur. He had been a bitter old drunk back then, before he found his true calling.

He honestly couldn’t remember.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

He looked one more time at the Asari, closer than he had before.

Fuck. She looks just like Velaria.

Maybe, after this was all done, he would need to sit down and have a talk with the Asari. With…his potential daughter. Who had tried to seduce him. Who he had called a whore. Multiple times.

Ah, shit. I should’ve stayed on Omega.

“As if that woman won’t just get half the galaxy to roll their eyes with the first word she says.” Knox says, and Torv laughs along, a little too enthusiastically.

“Yeah, stupid…woman.” He adds, trying to make it seem like he wasn’t having an internal panic attack.

He really needed to hit something.

The doors open, revealing several corpses lying on the floor. ERCS guards. Sounds of gunfire are audible from further ahead.

Finally, a distraction.

Torv doesn’t wait for orders. Instead, he charges out of the elevator armed with his newly acquired battle rifle, looking around for any hostiles.

“COME ON, YOU STUPID GETH! COME AND FIGHT ME, NOT THESE ERCS MORONS!” He roars, and then he charges off again, this time in the direction of the sounds of gunfire, laughing like a maniac.

TAG: @Darth Kain @corinthia @Voidwalker @Darth Sedicious @Hadzuska_The Jester

Darth Sedicious

Dark Council
Jedi Council

And nothing is spoken on the topic of Stygian's lighthearted jab. Better than acid, he assumes. But something is wrong with Torv, he thinks, surely, to be acting so strangely all of a sudden. Perhaps the inevitable and natural onset of fear, adrenaline having turned his legs to jelly and scrambled his mind.

One could think anything except that he had merely discovered that the asari slut was his daughter. Who could have known?
And Knox is a treasure hunter, it appears. Did he mean all that literally?

The familiar peaceful scrape of separating silver curtains gathers the attention of everyone behind them. Chaos lashes forth, its unsanitary sight an affliction to the senses of the sensitive. Whether it be the coagulated crimson coloration spattered upon the floors and walls or the bodies of the ERCS, having been so terribly mangled by metal pellets enhanced to near the speed of light through mass effect technology, there's a deeply unsettling atmosphere choking up hope, happiness, and the distant psychic echo of retreat to more halcyon days. But Stygian never doubted that none panicked.

No one expected order or peace past those doors. Veloc immediately gave away the element of surprise. Stygian sighed inside, both of exasperation and relief:
Exasperation of the krogan bravado, and relief that the geth could evade them so much easier now.

Stygian grips his weapons, and follows Knox.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Cardun Vrek

Darth Cold

Dark Council
IC: Genesis Anomaly

The combat drone was down, but that wasn’t important right now. The guard behind the half wall was injured, and that gave an opportunity, if only he could get there. Genesis ran towards the half wall evading the gunfire from the now unencumbered guard behind the railing.

Rolling over the half wall, Genesis grabbed for the injured guard. Success, as he pulled him up as a shield. “Your friend here is badly injured. If you are the honorable race that data suggests, you will lay down your weapons, and I will allow you to take him for medical treatment. I incidentally mean you know harm after all. Do we have an agreement?

(GM Note: The guard behind the railing rolls an 8 + 1 in his attempt to shoot Genesis, but Genesis rolls a 14 to evade. The first guard's shots miss.

Genesis then rolls an 11 + 1 to grab the injured guard, who is only able to roll a 2 in his defenses. Genesis successfully grabs onto the injured guard.
)

(OOC Note: Genesis is being genuine, if the guard lays down his weapons, he will let them go get the medical treatment they need without issue.)

Tag: @Darth Kain

Voidwalker

Streaming Partner
IC: Thalia T'Lara
Awkward Elevator Ride, Port Hanshan, Noveria​

Still lost in her own thoughts and trying to hold her swelling tears back, Thalia keeps her head down looking at the ground in front of her. Instinctively her hand slid across the rifle she had taken from the female guard, to any normal person it would look as if she was just inspecting her weapon, not fighting back the urge to weep uncontrollably.

You okay, babes?” Reezka's modulated voice calls out to her ears. The sound of her best friend was all the reassurance she needed, and she was glad she had Reezka here with her. Thalia often wondered if she had even known love or if she would ever truly know what it is to love another. It didn't matter. Reezka was the first and only person that had ever treated Thalia like a true individual and showed true compassion and companionship. She knew that she loved Reezka, her best friend, and she'd do anything for her.

Thalia takes in a breath and looks up at Reez's golden eyes behind her mask and smiles at her. "Yeah love I'm alright. Just in my own head is all. Now let's go kick some ass!"

Stygian was busy making dumbass remarks or what he might have considered jokes, who knows with Turian. Knox was busy going on about the elevator and not giving full answers. The large Krogan, Veloc Torv, had turned and looked at Thalia, his eyes wide. So wide they seemed as if they'd push his head plate clean off.

What is this asshole looking at? Creeper much?

As he turns back around, Thalia just gives an awkward look to Reez, motioning her head back and forth from her to Torv then back to her. A look that clearly stated what the fuck?

In the background over the speakers in the elevator a news report stated something about "encourages the people of Earth to watch her expose damning information about the Andromeda Initiative in two days, on December 29th."

It was better than just silence or having to listen to the needless chatter of Stygian and Knox, hell at this point the remarks of Torv would have been more entertaining.

Torv looked back at her again, this time staring even harder and a bit longer. Thalia actually starts to feel a little uneasy from the Krogan's stares. Thalia was used to me and women staring at her with lustful eyes and clear thoughts of dirty desires, she was perfectly fine with being completely naked in front of people, but this was just creepy. But that uneasiness is quickly followed by a burst of anger that rushes through her. As Torv turns back to join in on the conversation.

Yeah, stupid…woman.”

What is he fucking staring out? Does he like what he sees? Suddenly he wants a piece of this ass? Well really, who wouldn't? But I don't get it, he calls me a whore over and over then wants me? Fuck that, I'm charging him double. Well maybe triple depending on the size. Not all Krogan are created equal after all.

Just as Thalia goes to say something to the Krogan, the elevator door opens and Torv rushes outward yelling and screaming like a lunatic.

COME ON, YOU STUPID GETH! COME AND FIGHT ME, NOT THESE ERCS MORONS!”

"By the Goddess, is he insane? No point in worrying about it now. Come on Reezka, let's go kill some fucking Geth!"

Thalia rushes out following Torv, doing her best to stay directly behind him. He might have been the largest target, but he was also the largest meat shield.

That big meat better be good for something!

corinthia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Immortalis
IC: Reezka
Noveria - Port Hanshan

"Maybe mind your own damn business, you fucking raisin," Reezka grumbles quietly at the turian's ribbing. She pats Thalia's arm reassuringly, and gives a shrug at her incredulous look back and forth at the krogan, who seems to be practically sweating bullets and shitting bricks simultaneously. Reez chortles, a crunchy, electrified little giggle.

Then the elevator doors slid open, and at last: battle!

Adrenaline courses through Reez's veins, and her suit's VI chirps in apparent alarm as her heartrate skyrockets. Starlight dives into the fray right away, right behind the krogan like she's using him as a 7-foot-tall walking shield. Reezka's little giggle devolves into a full-blown cackle, and she pulls the ERCS pistol from the holster on her leg. Throwing back her green hood, Reezka strides out of the elevator, taking to the nearest low cover in a crouch, her glowing golden eyes scanning the battlefield for that fucking geth.

Darth Kain

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Council
Immortalis
GM Update

IC: ERCS Guard
Port Hanshan, Noveria

There’s a particular horror that comes across the turian’s face as he watches the Geth grab hold of his fellow man. The source of said horror was far from singular. Firstly, it’s only now that he realizes how bad his co-worker’s injuries are. Cerulean blood is spilling past his friend’s maw, coming out thicker now that the Geth’s arm is wrapped around his throat. Secondly, this Geth had been agile enough to make it there with nary a scratch, and he’d intended to do far more than scratch it with that missed burst of gunfire. Lastly, and perhaps most alarmingly, was the fact that this Geth could even negotiate at all.

He’d seen the newsreels about them, even heard first-hand about the Geth after they attacked the port last year. They were cold, unfeeling, and not worried about their own safety so much as they were dedicated to the destruction of their enemies. Why would this one use an organic as a shield, and then attempt to negotiate its freedom? That was impossible. Had to be. Was this even a Geth? Or were they far more advanced than the Council had said they were? These are too many questions to process reasonably. His mind is firing on all cylinders, and all of those cylinders demand that he saves his friend.

“H-how do I know you won’t just kill us both the moment I let my guard down!?” he demands.

The turian’s rifle remains trained on the Geth, aimed to hit its glowing face.

Port Hanshan, Noveria

He is entirely ignoring the internal squabbles of the group until the Krogan’s booming voice threatens to send his ears ringing. Knox’s cybernetic eyes go wide. He’d have to be much quicker about this than he originally intended, he fears.

And so he gets clear of the elevator, activating his biotic implants with little more than a thought. Sapphiric energy courses through him, centering on his legs before he leaps just above Torv, bouncing off of the wall and further shooting himself ahead, landing in a roll just before the impromptu hostage situation.

The free guard must have gotten startled by this, because he barely aims his rifle at Knox before firing three rounds, hitting him. Thankfully for Knox, however, his kinetic barrier holds true, deflecting the shots. But that doesn’t seem to be enough to save this poor guard from earning the businessman’s ire.

With a single shot of his Carnifex, Knox drills a hole through the turian’s head. The guard twitches once before slumping to the ground, folding in half like a sack of bloody meat. Knox doesn’t miss a beat, turning his gun on the Geth. “I don’t know what you proposed, but I’m sure a machine like you can calculate that I don’t care what happens to the turian you’ve got hold of. Lay down your guns and I might be able to convince the angry krogan behind me to not turn you into scrap.”

Powers/Skills Used: Biotic Jump (1), Pistols (2)

OOC: Knox rolls a 13 + 1 on his initial biotic jump, and a 18 +1 on his jump off of the wall. The ERCS guard rolls an 8 + 1 on his attack, not causing any damage to Knox. Cabal then attacks with a roll of 16 + 2, landing a hit. Damage is determined by a d8, to which Knox scores an 8. The guard’s HP of 8 drops to 0.

TAGS: @Cardun Vrek , @corinthia , @Darth Sedicious , @Voidwalker , @Hadzuska_The Jester

Cardun Vrek

Legendary Member
Jedi Council
Port Hanshan, Noveria

Torv slows down slightly as Knox leaps ahead of him. He half smirks; maybe humans were braver than he gave them credit for. Most species would normally hide behind the Krogan and let them take the big risks. That's why Krogan mercs were almost always the best paid. They were the living shield the rest of a crew would always hide behind. Torv stops and raises his rifle as the startled guard fires at Knox, but the human was quicker, and killed the Turian with one shot straight through the head.

Torv's smirk becomes a full smile.

He liked this human. He didn’t take any shit. If anyone fired a shot at Torv, even accidentally, they were dead meat. It either meant they were trigger happy, or too nervous and twitchy. Two kinds of soldiers Torv didn’t need. Sure, Krogan were often trigger happy in the heat of battle when the blood rage kicked in, but a good warrior knew when to go full force and when to hold back. Knox reaches the Geth, and stops. Torv catches up and stops as well, his rifle aimed at the AI’s ‘head’.

“I don’t know what you proposed, but I’m sure a machine like you can calculate that I don’t care what happens to the turian you’ve got hold of. Lay down your guns and I might be able to convince the angry krogan behind me to not turn you into scrap.”

Torv’s smile falters slightly as Knox starts talking to the Geth rather than blasting it. He grunts but holds his aim. Knox seemed to have another plan that didn’t involve turning the Geth into scrap and then getting off this rock.

The Quarian is going to be pissed.

“Knox, I thought the plan was to turn this hunk of metal into molten scrap. Mind explaining why the plan has suddenly changed?” He growls, both eyes still fixed on the Geth, his fingers on the trigger, just waiting for the chance to fire.

The whole business with the Asari made him need to kill someone today. He needed a release of all the nervous and angry energy inside him. A Turian or Salarian to turn into mincemeat would have been the ideal solution, but the Geth would do just fine.

He never liked computers anyway. And an AI was just a computer that thought it was alive.

And Torv intended to...relieve it of that notion.

Maybe he would even compose a poem about it: 'The Deluded Computer', 'The folly of the Quarians' or maybe 'An Ode to Artificial Idiocy'.

Yes, that would do. Composing would take his mind off of the Asari, anyway.

TAG: @Darth Kain, @Hadzuska_The Jester, @corinthia, @Voidwalker, @Darth Sedicious

Darth Cold

Dark Council
IC: Genesis
Port Hanshan, Noveria

The Geth makes an audible sound like a sigh. “Finally, a sensible individual. To be honest, I don’t want to hurt anyone, but I will do what I must to defend myself.” He says still holding the Turian up as a shield. He then holsters the pistol instead of dropping it, preferring to have quick access to it in case this human is unable to convince the Krogan not to fight. Genesis knew it was extremely difficult to get a Krogan to drop their war like nature.

My weapon is put away, that is as much as you are going to get until you prove you can do what you say. If you can do what you say you are going to do, you will have my utmost respect, and I will owe you a favor. I hate owing favors, so you know that is a special reward in itself.” Genesis called out from behind his Turian shield as it dripped blue blood. Once again everything he said was genuine, but as he knew from experience there weren’t many organics that would trust the word of a Geth. Though Decius seemed to trust him, even now the rest of his crew held malevolent attitudes toward him when the Turian wasn’t around. It was something he was used to, but still annoyed him.

Knox, I thought the plan was to turn this hunk of metal into molten scrap. Mind explaining why the plan has suddenly changed?” Genesis heard the Krogan growl out.

If you intend to convince him, Knox, I suggest you do it now before he starts acting like a feral beast.” Genesis said to the human emphasizing on the name so that it was clear he heard the Krogan.

@Darth Kain , @Cardun Vrek , @corinthia , @Darth Sedicious , @Voidwalker

Darth Sedicious

Dark Council
Jedi Council

He holds his cane with a reverse grip as he nearly sprints toward Knox and the others. He is slower now, his cybernetics no longer able to supercharge his muscles with power. Once, he could lift other turians one-handed off their feet. Now, he feels as if he had experienced the full effect of his disorder. He is already getting winded.

He recalls the days of his youth, before his disorder began to eat away at him, before he had ever thrown tanks like paper airplanes with the power of his mind and dark energy.

"Grab the leg, damn it."
A young, vibrant turian, black exoskeleton untouched the signature, beautiful facial tattoo of a turian tribe, rolled and wrestled on the mat with a grappling dummy. He had failed to land his favored guillotine before the dummy VI transitioned to side control. And in a violent, energetic burst the young Reman Maclius leaped directly at the dummy, hooking the leg over its head and putting it into a reverse triangle choke. But it was too tricky a maneuver for Reman at his age, at his experience, and a knee bar was his last resort before his stamina depleted to too low a level to continue training.
"Firmly grasp it!"

The humans had similar albeit softer forms of grappling martial arts, he would discover in his later years. But humans lacked the talons of the turians, and thus the true lethality present in the turian-salarian hybrid grappling art.
"Tear out the heel tendon, now!"
Reman stabbed deeply and pulled. But at his age, his physique was far outclassed by the dummy, and it did little but trigger an artificial irritation response from VI.

A double beep became the bearer of reprieve for Reman. He let go, and struggled for breath as he laid flat upon the mat. His father's gigantic talons reached down, and grasped him. His father looked so different from himself: whereas Reman was short and dark of color, his father was tall, very tall, and very light. He pulled him up.

"Your mother's waiting. Get to work on your hook kicks. Remember to extend the claw of your feet as you chamber and grasp with it as you pull away. It's less likely to catch and more likely to cut, that way."

Humans would never truly understand the depth with which combat ran within turian DNA. Nor did the krogans, so arrogantly in love with their hardiness. Both will learn if it comes to it. He still has his sword after all.

“If you intend to convince him, Knox, I suggest you do it now before he starts acting like a feral beast.”

Out of breath, attempting to steady it, Stygian spoke, "Geth… do not… talk like that."
He steadied.
"Even the most sociable diplomatic platforms lacked the emotion you imply in your words."

Stygian instantly scrambles to salvage the possible pitfall he may have just placed them in.
"I have heard… of new models, ones capable of connecting more deeply with others emotionally in a bid for peace among peoples. Are you one of them?"

In truth, the geth had no interest in anything but keeping others out of their territory. It was not out of malice or indifference, but simply a desire to remain active, to keep on living.

In truth, Stygian hypothesizes this geth may be one of the reaper hybrids, and with the death of Sovereign the shackles may have been broken, and thus allowed the geth to gain true sentience. It was only a hypothesis. In time, he hopes, he will see what makes this platform so different. It may at the end of it all, simply be an empathy protocol used for deception and manipulation.

In truth, the possibilities are terrifying.

Tags: @corinthia , @Voidwalker , @Cardun Vrek , @Hadzuska_The Jester, @Darth Kain

Last edited:

Darth Kain

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Council
Immortalis
GM Update

Port Hanshan, Noveria

A subtle thought creeps into Knox’s mind as he listens to Stygian speaks to the Geth, a faint whisper that he realizes could be far more important than he realized. Torv was here, Stygian was here, even. But Thalia and Reezka had decided to hang back, to give them plenty of breathing room. It is something he is going to take note of, but he knows well enough that his acquaintanceship with them is far too fresh to press on that fact.

Instead, he nods to Stygian and turns to Torv, motioning to the feeble turian. “I couldn’t have said it better myself,” says Knox. “When’s the last time you heard of a Geth taking hostages? Even talking? The ones that attacked the port last year would rather self-destruct than risk capture. This one is actually negotiating.” He laughs and shakes his head. “Artificial intelligence is growing more intelligent, it seems. Besides, this Geth could be useful. Especially if it owes me a favor like it says.”

The human holsters his hand cannon and motions to the turian that the Geth is holding. “Let him go. You’re here for something, it looks like. Maybe I can help you find it. In return, well, I have a job that needs bodies, and I won’t discriminate on whether or not they’re carbon-based.”

TAGS: @corinthia , @Cardun Vrek , @Darth Sedicious , @Voidwalker , @Hadzuska_The Jester

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Top Bottom