Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

An Assassin’s Blade - Darth Skyllan + Knight Loharr

G.Kn

IC: Darth Skyllan, 156 ABY
(Flashback to Cato Neimoidia)

---

Darth Skyllan was hardly one to do social visits. They had very limited social interactions all things considered - especially recently - but services rendered deserved reward. That is how you keep one’s associates…. pliable. The man in question had proven to be quite interesting, ever since they had fought earlier in their respective careers Loharr Talem had proven worth following.

Two dozen or so silver rings float in the air, suspended without strings in a fire. A shadowy figure watched as the metal bands were heated. The symbol of a Neimoidian Spider Lily was on each ring, but faded from visibility as the entirety of the metal began to glow white hot.

As the Magaerra descended through the blizzard filled sky of Stygeon Prime, the force sensitives on the planet were made aware of a dread presence. The feeling of death and power emanated from the descending ship - a mix of Skyllan’s power and the darkness emanating from their Sceptre. The history of the weapon and it’s wielder, and the pain they’d brought was practically tangible in the air.

The rings had shifted from the solid state, driven there by the heat of the unnatural flame. An almost liquid silver writhed in the air as it was manipulated. Slowly and steadily it began to shape itself into something resembling the blade of a thin stiletto dagger with a full tang. A true assassin’s implement. It was quenched with a beautiful hissing noise.

The weather on Stygeon Prime, a beautiful but deadly storm of ice and snow, was halted. A sphere of clear skies followed the Kazellis-class Light Freighter as it descended. Visually, one might describe the ship as a beautiful metal bird, descending unimpeded through the air. Untouched by the blizzard plaguing the rest of the planet.

From the darkness surrounding the shadowed figure and the silver blade being worked into existence, streams of crimson fluid began to creep towards them. The bodies of the Spider Lily Syndicate, were barely visible in the background. The location had been quite well hidden for amateurs, which meant Skyllan had been able to ascertain it and the bodies within with little difficulty.

Magaerra descended close to the Spire, a large fortress-like building worked into a mountain. It seemed to be on course to set down roughly a klick or so from the structure. As it descended a broadcast went out to the Spire, the ships clearance codes had already been transmitted of course given that they’d gotten this cose, but the broadcast itself simply said: Darth Skyllan, for Knight Loharr Talem.

A vicious snapping sound filled the air as the femur of the leader of the group was broken telekinetically into very exacting shapes. Two halves of a bone handle joined the still softly glowing silver stiletto and the orb of blood floating before Darth Skyllan. The ivory moved steadily to fit around the tang of the blade. The blood slithered towards the creation, coating the blade in a crimson so dark it might as well be black.

As the ship came in to land, the orb fending off the weather maintained itself, burrowing into the ground to an extent. The ship touched down in a hemisphere carved into the land. The earth that had been dug away forming around the ship as if it were a shield for when the master was absent. Speaking of the sith in question, just before the cover finished forming a large dark figure emerged from the earth.

Soft chanting in ancient sith filled the underground lair as it was illuminated by far more than the embers of the fire that had been used earlier. Power had flooded the cave, calling to the dead and the darkness of this den of dead assassins. The remnants of what had transpired in this place manifested around the chanter. A sith and his pet had purged this place of life, striking down any who dare to exist within its walls.

Two large, black leathery wings spread from the figure and they took flight. Darth Skyllan, the Dread Angel, moved through the air with little more than a skin of the force on them. Unlike their ship, the sith master would not be easily phased by moving through the blizzard. Their Sceptre, the crystalline weapon they’d killed so many with, hung in their grip as they crossed the sky.

The chanting had changed now, crescendoing as the words were imbued with great power and potency. The dagger before the sith practically screamed as the dark artificer inflicted their will upon it. Perverting the materials beyond nature’s intent. Corrupting it and infusing it with strength and sharpness far beyond what such a weapon should possess.

The s’kytri sith touched down at the entrance to the Spire. Their dark armor serving almost like a shell around their body as the fiery orbs they called eyes took in the building at close range. A slight smile spread across their face. It was not a nice smile of a friend, but a cruel thing that promised pain. It was lessened perhaps by the lack of likelihood for murder in their immedite future, but there nonetheless.

In the lair, all the light and sound stopped at once. The only two things apparent, were the darkness, and the soft hissing as the weapon bonded together in truth. Then there was nothing.

---

@Loharr Talem - respond when ready.

~~IC: Knight Loharr Talem, 156 ABY~~
~~Location: The Spire, Stygeon Prime~~

~~~~~

There was quiet throughout The Spire. The Kallosian Knight was standing outside his room, standing on the balcony. The chilled winds throwing the fabric of his robes around. Behind him, asleep in the bed, was Teersa. She had just come back from a job for the Brotherhood, one which had sent her back to Nar Shadaa. When she had gotten back, she practically passed out. It was clearly a tougher than usual job. Looking out to the distant mountains, he heard the distinctive sound of starship engines. Curious.

T-502 had been watching the scanners when it returned a ping. There were not any vessels scheduled for arrival, at least none on the official docket. The Spire was still under repair, after all, and as a result, a many number of ships often found themselves travelling to and from Stygeon Prime, bringing with them new materials for repair and the introduction of new décor. So, simply put, the arrival on an undocumented and unexpected ship was suspicious to say the least. He was sure that his master had no doubt detected the ship as well, but it was his a part of his duties to report these things. So off to Knight Loharr's room he went, being sure to be as silent as possible, as to not wake the lady of the estate.

The doors hissed open and he turned around to make his way to see who or what entered his room. Surprising nobody, most of all him, T-502 entered the room, facing Loharr. The Sith approached the droid, crossing his arms. He was less than appreciative of this intrusion.

"
Master Talem, I am here to report the unexpected arrival of a starship." The droid said, "What would you like to be done regarding this recent development?"

"You will do nothing." The Sith Knight said, walking past the droid and exiting the room. "I shall take care of it myself."

Swiftly making his way down to the main hall, he had Sensed a presence in the Force. One he was more than familiar with. He also hadn't seen them for some time, so Sensing them here was... well, it was unusual, to say the least. The closer that he got to the threshold of the main hall, the stronger the presence got. Upon reaching the door, he reached forward, Pulling the large, double doors open. Surprisingly absolutely no one, least of all the Knight, Darth Skyllan stood before the doors., their lips curled upwards in a cruel smile.

"Darth Skyllan." He said, bowing his head. "I was not expecting you, I do apologize."

~~~~~

@G.Kn

IC: Darth Skyllan, 156 ABY
(Speech, for ease of distinction)

---

Seeing the smaller sith open the door, the s'kyti's eyes almost seemed to spark. "Knight Loharr... or should I refer to you as Kalus Nadd. I trust my presence is not unwanted?" Skyllan stated softly, their voice sounding like a harsh rasping whisper. It had ever since the duel with Lord Kain. "You take a leave of absence - not uncommon for you of course. But then a jedi seeker of that name returns to the jedi temple on Tython, then 'Seeker Talasi' is found dead and their padawan, one Kalus Talem, was missing." The sith master's datapad floated up in line with Loharr's face and flickered on, revealing the man's younger brother's face. "I'm not the best judge of other species' appearences, but you do look rather alike."

After their duel, Skyllan had placed an alert on their private devices for the - at the time - apprentice's name. They had a similar thing for various members of their house, including Lord Xarxes and a few others. The notification had come through actually on the 'Talem' bit of the apprentice's name. If Loharr's brother hadn't been using the name 'Talem' the sorcerer doubted they'd even have noticed something had happened. They had actually ended up following the story backwards from the missing person's report that the jedi had put out to figure out what had transpired, sort of as a brainteaser one morning.

Darth Skyllan chuckled slightly, "You always did strike me as the interesting sort Loharr, I am pleased to see my desire to keep an eye on you has proven worth while. I am not sure how you pulled off some of the things you did so easily with so little record on the Empire's servers, but I was never really suited for espionage. One of the reasons you ended up dumping a collection of silver rings on my desk for me not so long ago I believe." The last sentance was almost murmured, and the datapad slipped back into the holster on the Winged Sith's side as the ashen figure's eyes slipped from the datooine native to the hallway behind him.

"You have found a rather impressive residence for yourself, the history of which is quite intruiging. I am going to do you the service of asking if I may enter - based off of the quality you have proven yourself to be in the past." Skyllan stated simply. "I would prefer to talk to you indoors, do you have a suitable place in you abode?" The sith didn't look or sound cold, but a keen eye would notice that a telekinetic shield surrounded the sorcerer's large frame. Keeping the wind and snow from buffetting them and their wings. It wasn't in any danger for failing them any time soon given their reserves of power - especially given the sceptre - but it was ever so slightly irritating.

---

@Loharr Talem

~~IC: Knight Loharr Talem, 156 ABY~~
~~Location: The Spire, Stygeon Prime~~

~~~~~

'Kalus Nadd'. Certainly a name that was still fresh in his mind. That whole ordeal was only a few weeks old. The screams of Talasi Stalar still rung clear in his mind. The memory sparking a reminiscent feeling, almost wishing he could experience it once more.

"Your Presence is merely unexpected, but not unwanted." The Kallosian Knight answered, "And yes, siblings do have a tendency to resemble one another."

He continued to listen to the Sith Master as they went on about how they were pleased on their decision to keep tabs on him. They even praised him on his actions, despite the limited resources that were at his disposal, or so many would think. Then they went on to bring up the rings that he had recovered from Cato Neimoidia some time ago, where he had found Else. Though before the conversation could continue, they requested entrance to the estate.

"
Of course, Darth Skyllan." Loharr answered, stepping to the side, allowing the Dread Master a path inside. "Please follow me. I have been dying for a reason to use a certain room."

Loharr bowed his head, before turning and going to lead his guest down the large foyer. Hanging a right at the staircase, but going under the stairs (not up), he led the distinguished guest into a large, stately room. The decor wasn't particurly well kept up, but it seemed to share details with more brutalist angles and color schemes. The lighting was interesting. Not too bright, not too dim, somewhere in the 'just right' zone, at least for Loharr.
The table in the center of the room was an elongated octagon, with it looking like a standard long table, just with the corners being cut off at a 45 degree angle.

Taking a seat at the head of the table, he gestured for the Dread Master to seat wherever they so desired.

"Now what was it that you wished to discuss, Darth Skyllan?" Loharr asked.

~~~~~

@G.Kn

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Back
    Top Bottom