Forum is undergoing some back-end transfers and updates, please be patient if the forum is down or loading slowly!

Training Counterstrike - Lord Vexx’s School of the Duel

IC- Cygnus Luc’idus
Vassek III - Training Chamber VIII

It doesn’t have a name,” he responded to the query regarding his raven. “It is pretty adamant about that. It takes its work seriously, and it feels a name would diminish its purpose. I just call it bird, and as highly trained as it is, it’s never bothered to ask my name either. As for its service…”

Cygnus hesitates for a moment. He’d only accepted the reality of his mental illness after the seventh stint in a psychiatric ward, and that was months ago. He knew Sith were supposed to feel a sense of power when they revealed something terrible, but Cygnus desired smug satisfaction for when he revealed himself as an assassin. He didn’t desire the way both friends and strangers reeled away when they learned of the illness he possessed only a tenuous grasp over.

“….it helps me know reality from hallucinations and delusions, and helps prevent self harm. Issues I have had for six years. I can’t say I am looking forward to facing any Sith Illusionists anytime soon.” he answered with a hint of dry wit. He didn’t wish to dishonor himself with the name of his illness, not in front of one he’d come to hold in such high regard.

Paranoid Schizophrenic! Six different voices scream from all around him. He visibly jumps at the terrible and mocking screams.

He couldn’t bring himself to face the Dark Lords blazing amber eyes after the admission of his mental illness.

“Your ambition is noticed," replies Lord Vexx, and begins to circle around. Again Cygnus’ hand is aching to grasp the hilt of his dagger, but more rational thought prevails. As much as this circling rankled his paranoia, Lord Vexx didn’t show any inclination for attack. "My master was and remains a deadly assassin. While I am a warrior to my core, I cannot deny that some of his habits did rub off on me in my time spent under his teachings. Striking swiftly without warning is one such habit. I have reason to believe you will cross paths with him in the future. Between him and myself, you should be well equipped to carry out your intentions in due time. Now...moving on to the next lesson in preparing your mind for combat."

Cygnus allows himself a gentle smile, wondering if the deadly assassin mentioned was the same venerated Lord he was in occasional communication with. The immense cybernetic being keeps circling, the clanking of his feet echoing in a maddening tinnitus in Cygnus’ skull.

“There will be times in combat when the odds are stacked against you and you know it," he continues, "It is in these times that you will need something to draw on for inspiration and courage and I am not talking about the typical hatred and anger we call upon as Sith. Music moves the soul in ways that nothing else can. I want you to think back on every song you have ever heard and find one that calls forth courage in your soul; one that helps you visualize yourself in a fight, taking the upper hand and conquering your enemies. You have already found your battle cry; this shall be your war song."

At this Cygnus allows his black painted lips to curve up in a smile. “My Lord, when I arrived I feared I would not make a fitting Sith, as I am rarely driven by hatred and anger. I am driven by passion and pursuit of freedom but the more I encounter the higher ranks, the more I see perhaps I am not so misguided. Music is an art which also speaks to me, inspires and guides me. I don’t have nearly as much training in it as I do with visual media, but there have been many songs which spark the flames of ambition within me. While it is difficult to choose just one, this song is one I know well to both focus the mind, and inspire fight. Perhaps you’ve heard it, it’s called “Dead Souls” and is often covered in metropolitan music clubs.”

Tag @Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber XII

The utilization of Jar'kai is a technique that Vexx has to respect in others simply because, while it is immensely easy for him to utilize this tactic thanks to his mechanical anatomy, it proves a bit more challenging for those limited to only two arms. He listens patiently as Orario explains his technique, but at the same time, the Krigsbefallaf recognizes a huge opportunity in which for this young Zabrak student to learn some valuable information.

"Jar'kai is a complicated technique," he replies thoughtfully, splitting his two arms into four and using telekinesis to call four lightsabers from the wall and into his hands, "It took me many years to master such ambidextrous control over my body. But you must know that Jar'kai is not a traditional form on its own, yes?"

He asks this not in a critical or scornful way, but with the patience of an experienced teacher. He knows Orario to be an apprentice eager to please, but in need of precise and helpful guidance. He also knows that ambition without proper direction can lead to ruin and he would rather not see the young Zabrak come to such a fate.

"You cannot rely on Jar'kai alone, hopeful one," he continues in a stern, but gentle tone, "It is a supplemental tactic at best. But suppose you need to use the Force while you are in combat. What if you are pinned under relentless assault and your only hope is to push your enemy away from you? It is very difficult to do this if you rely solely on Jar'kai."

He reaches into his cloak and withdraws a datapad, which he passes to Orario. "I want you to take a look into the seven foundational forms of lightsaber combat. Select one you would like to adopt as your core form and then tell me why it appeals to you. Jar'kai can be applied to any form, you see. But you must have one foundational form to have strength in so that you can adapt when necessary. You say you already know some Shii-Cho; perhaps this would be a good core form to start with, but I want you to have options, so this is why I invite you to do a little research before you decide."

OOC- Everything said in character here is true and I do want you to take your time researching lightsaber forms and think about which one would best suit your character. While Jar'kai can certainly still be used when you fight, it is a "blanket term" that more or less means you are capable of wielding two blades at once. It isn't really a form all by itself. For example, Asajj Ventress is a highly noted user of Jar'kai, but her base form was Makashi as she was trained by Count Dooku who was a master at this form. Ahsoka Tano is also noted for utilizing Jar'kai, but her core form is Ataru. Have fun digging deep into this and thinking about your character. You can PM me anytime if you have questions either here or on Facebook messenger.

Tag: @Orario Starwind
IC- Orario StarWind Vassek III- Training Chamber XII Orario takes the datapad from Lord Vexx with certainty that Lord Vexx is a lot like his father, ruthless, powerful, and mighty in the ways that he fights, even though Orario has yet to see in full depth. Orario looks through the forms of lightsaber combat and remembers Niman which is powerful in conjunction with Jar'kai and was used by fellow dathomirian Zabrak, Darth Maul, who survived for longer than was expected to, due to his tutelage of Jar'kai and Juyo in order to defeat the Jedi Qui Gon Jinn and almost defeat Jinn's apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi before being cut in have and fell down the reactor shaft. He felt that using similar forms, he would be able to become as much of a terror, perhaps even more than Darth Maul and more ferocious than he was but enough to be different and not attempt to copy every technique that was used by Maul. Orario hoped that Lord Vexx would understand this, being he is identical to general Grievous, who is his father in almost every way. @Grievance Vexx

Last edited:

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf's eyes betray genuine interest as Cygnus explains the duties of the raven as well as the bird's individual preferences. He is again taken by the idea of such a highly trained animal, but his eyes focus intently on the Shadow Apprentice as he shares the true purpose of his feathered companion. His look is not one of concern or pity; just understanding. In his experience, he knows everyone has ghosts and demons with which they grapple. Some are more real than others, but in the end, they all cause the same emotions: fear, anger, helplessness. And all of these are things to fight.

"I see," he replies calmly, "Life has a funny way of giving us custom-tailored opponents without faces, yes? Our own inner struggles; the constant push and pull between what we are and what we desire to be. But the things you wrestle with are not a curse, hopeful one. They are a blessing, for they will make you strong."

As Cygnus describes the song that he has chosen as his fighting theme, Vexx nods in recognition, having heard the aforementioned lyrics many times in the past. It is indeed a good one and he is pleased to learn that the Shadow Apprentice has found it difficult to choose just one song.

"This is good, because I do not expect your inspiration to begin and end on the same note--no pun intended," he chuckles lightly before succumbing to a mild cough that delays his speaking for a moment before he continues, "Keep your ears and your mind open for additional songs that inspire the fighter within you. Let this single war song be the beginning of a playlist that will help you push through even the toughest combat scenarios. You have a distinct appreciation for the arts, Shadow Apprentice. Let it serve you continuously in this endeavor."

With nothing more to say on this subject, the Krigsbefallaf calls one of the many lightsabers from the wall, the chosen one of a primitive bone hilt connecting firmly against his metal palm like an obedient charhound as he uses telekinesis to bring it to bear. If Cygnus is observing as Vexx believes he is, the apprentice will take note of every hand-carved detail distinguishing the the hilt with tribal symbols. The cyborg steps back to give clearance to harmlessly ignite the smoky gray blade, the stretch of plasma snapping to life and growling eagerly as though the inanimate object itself is looking for a fight.

"Let us talk about your chosen form, Cygnus Luc'idus," the Kaleesh warlord continues, moving with ease into a graceful Makashi flourish, "I have heard you are interested in the way of the ysalamiri, yes? If this is indeed the form you wish to master, tell me what you already know of it; tell me what has drawn you to it; and demonstrate, if you can, the opening stance of a Makashi practitioner."

OOC- You are moving into Lesson 3. Feel free to take the time you need to study the chosen form for this character and write with as little or as much experience as you would like him to start out with. There are many facets to this part of the training, so I invite you to set the pace.

Tag: @Cygnus Luc’idus

IC- Cygnus

Cygnus feels a sense of relief as the Dark Lords fiery eyes don’t shift to that of pity, judgement or concern when he revealed as much of his illness as he was willing.He was relieved to be spared a look of pity. Cygnus prefered to grapple with these all to real demons by himself, unwilling to allow them to ensnare anymore of his freedom.

"I see," replied Vexx, "Life has a funny way of giving us custom-tailored opponents without faces, yes? Our own inner struggles; the constant push and pull between what we are and what we desire to be. But the things you wrestle with are not a curse, hopeful one. They are a blessing, for they will make you strong."

“I would agree, my Lord. In ways I believe I have an advantage over many new acolytes and apprentices; I’ve endured more challenges just to get a single moment of rest than most have in their young lives. I don’t deny I have weaknesses such as fear and anxiety, but I have determination to survive, no matter what I hear and see.”

When the topic of discussion moves from his illness and songs to take to heart in the midst of battle, the Krigsbelfallaf’s called an unusual saber to his hand, one that appeared forged
from bone and carved with tribal sigils which he couldn't read . Unexplainably one the voices in his head clawed its way to the surface of his disjointed thoughts, it was the voice of a haughty female. There was no image attached to the disembodied voice, just a stern judgement, typically followed by a command to gouge out his eyes, but now the voice was fixated on far more than just eyes.

Come to Dathomir…
A symbol of the faith I have placed in you…

Fate chose you as their champion…

In a rare ping of clarity, he knew the voice which he suspected to be a lingering sprit, was not talking directly to Cygnus.He was merely the echo chamber. Perhaps it was repeating past phrases, but they were connected to that lightsaber. The phrases only repeated themselves louder as an usual smoky grey blade emitted from the end.

That lightsaber…it’s very unusual. Beautiful craftsmanship, I don’t know the sigils. Is it bone? Was it from your home land, or perhaps a gift from a witch?” Cygnus ventured a guess based off the design and the invasive voice in his head. The spirit, if it was indeed that, could be someone close to Lord Vexx to have responded in this manner.

It took a few moments for him to regain his focus from the intrusive voice of the woman, only the phrase “way of the ysalamiri” finally pulled him back into the moment. The very idea of learning his chose form filled him with a burst of inspiration, as though a fresh canvus where laid before him.

Makashi is a natural choice for me. I cannot recall much of childhood, just glimpses of it, but my muscles, hands and feet remember the customary training of Nagai combat. I remember training with Tekh’la blades, vibroswords, Swiftcut foils, longswords. Something about those rituals and practices felt right. When I hold a lightsaber, my stance falls naturally into a fencing stance and the closest form to it is Makashi. I know that Darth Tyranus was masterful at its application. It has a heavy emphasis on footwork, balance, precision and mastering one’s motion. It makes use of jabs and light cuts rather than wild slashes, and retains your energy rather than focusing on needless acrobatics. It’s emphasis is on fluidity and form. Certainly, I know of an opening stance and flourish.”

Cygnus removed his slightly curved, brightly gleaming lightsaber hilt, cradled it into his hand and held the hilt vertically
in line with his angular face, and swept the hilt downward to his right side, as he did so he switched on the blade which ignited with a brillant surge of steely silver colored plasma. He swept the blade down into a low guard.

Tag @Grievance Vexx

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber XII

The cyborg Sith Lord waits patiently while Orario peruses the various forms of lightsaber combat. He knows that the hopeful apprentice of House Syn aspires to be as formidable as Darth Maul. Most Zabraks do hold that particular apprentice of Darth Sidious in high regard, so the Krigsbefallaf is not at all surprised. What he intends to teach here is that there are many paths that lead to the same destination when it comes to being a capable duelist.

"I try not to pry into minds if I can help it, Apprentice," he says at length, prompting Orario to speak, "The technique my master taught me to do so is not one that is in any way polite or gentle. Speak, Orario Starwind. Tell me what path you would like to embark upon to support your Jar’Kai style and why you believe what you choose will compliment your technique."

Tag: @Orario Starwind

Orario thinks about what new form he believes would help him become more lethal in dueling and can only think of one specific form of lightsaber combat: Niman/ form VI because he believes it will make his reflexes faster and allow him to make strikes before his opponent could. @Grievance Vexx

Last edited:
Hakon Andor Training Chamber IX

After the suttle had docked at the coordinates for the fortress of the counterstrike academy. The suttle crafts doors hissed open and Hakon stepped out his face covered by his hood. Glancing back at the pilot with a cold gaze,
" Take off you no longer needed here."
Then turned back around and made his way completely away from the suttle and towards the fortress. The suttle craft shut its doors and the engine roared to life and took off as fast as possible.
Making his way with purpose and absolute focus towards the giant doors and upon reaching them he knocked.
A memory of him talking to his mother during his childhood comes to him.

Mom:" Your anger and rage will doom us both if you don't control it Hakon".

Hakon:" You're so worried about it because you betrayed the JEDI ORDER because you feel for my father and showed weakness."
( using the force to lift her off her feet and choking her at the same time.)

Mom: choking "stop this Now!!!! "
( Neck is snapped and broken in a 360-degree spin of her head)

Hakon:
( Uses force and tosses her into a Rancor pit)
Memory ends.

The doors open to the Fortress of counterstrike and the legendary lord vexx.
Moving through the doors the sounds of terrible screams could be heard throughout the place, continuing his pace through the corridors.
Memory:

Mom: "We r leaving Naboo for a couple of days Hakon for Tatooine."

Hakon: "Why Tatooine is nothing but a Hutt-controlled wasteland with the bounty hunter and so on."

Mom: "Get to the shuttle now cause if I had my way of it I would send your stubborn ass to a Jedi temple, not Korriban."

Hakon: "And you would break a family tradition longer than you've been a traitor to your order." Gets on the suttle under protest.
Memory: ends

Realizing now he was walking the same path his father did to learn from this legendary warrior and duelist.
He continued until he noticed the statues of the warrior species and the lights were fading in and out as he passed them, He entered the final chamber.

Hakon: "So this is it I guess those statues were fascinating but this wall with this strange shape is quite an excellent design like the eyes are staring at me the gaze is quite cold and calculating."

Then the sound of someone speaking to him and he stumbled back and catching himself he dropped to his knees quickly.

Hakon: "Yes Lord Vexx I've come to learn and train under legendary prowess."

After being motioned to follow Hakon rose quickly and followed Lord Vexx

@Grievance Vexx

Last edited:

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC - Lord Grievance Vexx

Memories like a fine mist seep into the mind of the Krigsbefallaf as Cygnus states his detailed observation and admiration of the lightsaber gifted to Vexx over a year ago. Lady Traya had placed much faith in him for no real reason other than who he was. Sometimes he feels as if the Kaleesh he used to be is slipping away behind a fortress of cynicism and resentment. Would she still have faith in him today? He pushes the thought away before it becomes a distraction. He cannot afford it; not anymore.

"A strong and admirable Sith lady with ties to Dathomir gifted this saber to me upon my ascension to the rank of Dark Lord," he explains, tracing a claw over the tribal carvings with a peculiar sense of sorrow resting just beneath the surface of his fiery yellow eyes, "Though she could not physically see, we shared similar perspectives on certain things in the galaxy. Our cultures shared some similarities as well. Its hilt is made of rancor bone, yes."

His eyes lock unblinking on Cygnus as he begins to speak of Makashi and how its form will be a natural fit for the willowy Nagai Sith. Vexx is aware of his own affinity for the way of the ysalamiri and he is pleased to have a student so interested in mastering the fencing form of lightsaber dueling.

"It is indeed the chosen form of Darth Tyranus. He was...formidable." His clawed hand tightens its grip on the tribal lightsaber. "It was also a form my father relied upon in combat. Given your lithe build, I believe Form II will serve you very well. But to rely on one form only is dangerous, Shadow Apprentice. Wisdom is having at least one other form to fall back on in the event that you find yourself being too predictable. As a duelist, unpredictability on some level is an ace up your sleeve. Tell me, Apprentice of the Empress, what additional form would you choose to support and compliment your primary Makashi style? Why would you choose it and how much do you know about it? How would it compliment your core style and give you balance in a duel?"

OOC- My sincerest apologies for the lengthy delay in my response. DRL has been quite the nemesis. This begins Lesson 4. As with Lesson 3, take your time researching and choosing an additional form. I look forward to what your response will be.

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC - Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber IX

The signature in the Force entering his lair brought with it a familiarity. The Krigsbefallaf felt as though he had met this brave soul once before, but no. He is young and though there are some similarities between him and a former student, it doesn't take Grievance Vexx long to figure out that this new blood is the heir of another student; one whom had fallen too soon.

His amber eyes had watched Hakon Andor closely as he had traversed the treacherous maze that is the home of Lord Vexx. He is definitely the son of Decon Andor; there can be no mistaking that.

As the two of them stand face to face now, Vexx can see even more similarities. He can also sense the weight of duty upon this one's shoulders; a duty the Krigsbefallaf is very familiar with. The duty to honor one's father. Vexx will be pleased to help Hakon do just that.

"Welcome, Apprentice Hakon," the cyborg's deep voice rumbles in the vast chamber he has led his newest student to, "I knew your father. He trained here in this very same chamber and I was both pleased and honored by his efforts and dedication. He progressed quite far before he became one with the Force and I am proud that he was one of my students. I am prouder still that he has a son who wishes to carry his torch."

The chamber Vexx speaks of is within four walls covered from floor to ceiling in an assortment of weaponry. Lightsabers, swords, maces, flails, spears, daggers-- just about every melee weapon imaginable designed by varying cultures across the galaxy. The Krigsbefallaf calls one lightsaber hilt in particular to his outstretched hand.

"This was a gift from your father," he continues, "The hilt is empty as he wished to keep the kyber crystal, but he said the hilt was his mother's and he wanted me to add it to my collection here. Upon completion of my training, if you wish to take it as your own, it shall be yours and, if you have a crystal to power it and you wish to use it for your training here, you may do so."

He holds the hilt out to Hakon to take and decide what he would like to do, then continues to speak. "For your first lesson, Hakon Andor, you will need no weapon. You only need your heart and soul to speak to your mind. I want you to imagine yourself entering the battlefield. What is one descriptive word you wish to be known for in combat? It is a word you will find in the depths of your soul; a piece of your unique destiny. Whatever that word is, it shall become your goal; your battlecry."

OOC - Welcome to Lesson 1 of Counterstrike training. You will be receiving a PM on the forums with further instructions on this task, so be on the lookout. ⚔

Tag: @HakonAndor

IC: Apprentice Hakon Andor

Training Chamber IX

Hakon watched his surroundings seeing the assortment of weapons from spears to lightsaber hilts and listened to Lord Vexx speak to him.

" Thank you, my Lord and I am aware of your exploits with my father as his teacher in the art of dueling. My mother used to tell me stories of the legendary Krigsbefallaf dark lord whose saber training as a duelist and instructor was legendary. And your words honor me and my family, my lord." Hakon replied to the dark lord.

Hakon watched as Lord Vexx fixated on a Lightsaber hilt amongst his collection of arms and listened to him as he spoke as the saber hilt flowed to Lord Vexx's hand. Hakon studied the hilt as it flowed to the hand of the dark lord and once it got there when the dark lord opened his hand toward Hakon to take the saber hilt though he was curious about his grandmother's saber hilt. Using the force he called the hilt to his own hand and closed his hand into a fist once the hilt was in his hand.

" It's comfortable and quite exquisite my lord and as for a Krystal that I have. And I would be honored my lord and in exchange so that you have his memory within this great hall I will give you the lightsaber on my right since I carry two, my lord."

Pulling an amethyst kyber Krystal out of a pouch on his belt and showing the dark lord.

" As for right now, I will wait until graduation my lord."

Hakon, listed as Lord Vexx, explained his first task before he spoke.

" Yes my Lord it shall be done and I shall begin at once of my first task that you have given."

Hakon dropped to both knees in front of the dark lord and closed his eyes and began to concentrate on a battle cry and then a memory of training with his mother and something his father had once said. Then he began to speak in Mandoa the language of his mother's people. His eyes were still shut and concentrated on his task.

" Annihilation be cuun aru'ese cuyir sha gaan. Munit oyayir te empire be te darjetii ke'gyce bal unit oyacyir te empress."

Hakon rose to his feet and reopened his eyes to the dark lord,

" I've found what I seek in the ways of the battle cry. Which in the translation of what you had heard my lord is this."

" Annihilation of our enemies is at hand!

Long live the empire of The Final Sith Order!!

Long Live the empress !!!!"

Hakon stood before Lord Vexx to await his response.

@Grievance Vexx

@Reatith Blodraald

Last edited:
Cygnus feels validated in hearing the lightsaber belonged to a witch of Dathomir. Validation of the story that at least some of the voices in his head were truth, rather than warped lies.

He regards the Krigsbefallaf’s wisdom regarding mastering more than one form closely, as he’s already taken it into account and noted it as a glaring weakness. There was indeed a lightsaber form he’d come to envy, one which he couldn’t predict and as such lusted for that same element of suprise. It didn’t have any similarities to the sword play upon Nagi, as they fought with solid blades and not plasma beams.

“In addition I desire to learn Trakata, I have already fallen to its tricks before. It was a trap I admired so greatly I desired to learn how to spring it for myself. I think it would lend a more lethal edge to Makashi, to lull an opponent into a false sense of security of the measured melee disapine Makashi. I know it’s less of a form and more focused trickery, usually accomplished by turning one's lightsaber on and off, sometimes to deceive or confuse, or to gain a lethal advantage during a blade lock. As an aspiring Assassin, the form would serve a significant advantage for me. I believe Darth Traya used it, at least the first one. I don’t know about the second or third one.”

Tag @Grievance Vexx

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC- Lord Grievance Vexx
Vassek III - Training Chamber IX

The Krigsbefallaf waits patiently as Hakon familiarizes himself with his father's gift to Vexx. He is not surprised when the young Sith affirms that he would like to take possession of his grandmother's lightsaber hilt upon his graduation.

"It shall be as you say," the Kaleesh warlord promises, using the Force to gently return the hilt to its place upon the wall for now as Hakon begins his meditation.

The Force enables Vexx to catch the gist of what Hakon tells him in a different language, but even still, he appreciates the apprentice displaying his knowledge by offering the translation himself. His words are satisfactory for this task.

"Annihilation is what the enemy will think of when he or she sees you tread upon the battlefield," he replies with confidence, "I will see to it that you achieve this, young Andor."

He paces away in thought. Hakon has passed the first task of the Krigsbefallaf's custom lightsaber training. Now it is time to move him on to the next step to stoking the fire of the fighter within.

"You have done well, Undying Apprentice," he continues, "Now I move you on to the next lesson in your training. Music is a powerful element that lends strength to the soul. I want you to think back upon every song you have ever heard and find one that aligns with how you see yourself in battle. This song--whatever it is--should motivate you to push yourself, take risks, and fight with unstoppable determination. This shall become your war song, Hakon Andor."

OOC- For this task, find a song that fits how you see your character in combat. The song must have lyrics (please refrain from selecting songs with profanity or other inappropriate material). This is more than a character theme song; this is your fight song. It should inspire you to see your character giving all they've got in combat. As always, you may PM me here or on messenger if you need further guidance. I also have resources I am happy to share in the vast world of music if you need a place to start your search. May the Force serve you well. ⚔

Tag: @HakonAndor

Grievance Vexx

Dark Lord Krigsbefallaf
Dark Council
IC - Lord Grievance Vexx

The Krigsbefallaf quirks a brow at Cygnus's decidedly controversial choice in additional lightsaber combat ability. Vexx is well aware of the technique, though he cannot say he has utilized it himself very often. Trickery simply isn't his way, but he would be lying if he were to deny ever doing it in his lifetime as a duelist.

"You have an uncanny way of thinking very much outside the box, Shadow Apprentice," he chuckles darkly, "I am pleased by your sense of creativity. After all, you are an artist and the work of a duelist is an art in itself, yes?"

Vexx glances down at the tribal hilt in his clawed hand and gives the ignition switch a flick, turning it on just long enough for the silvery blade to fully extend before swiftly extinguishing it once more. Tràkata. Definitely worth knowing even if not often used. It has shifted a few of his fights when the odds were stacked against him.

"I can see the value you would place on this technique with your chosen path," he continues, "I would also be happy to help you learn the sleight of hand required. But first, I must evaluate your current level of experience. Are you prepared to draw your blade against me in a duel, Apprentice of the Empress?"

OOC- Dun, dun, duuuuun...*dramatic reverb* 💀

Feel free to make an IC reply here accepting the challenge and then we shall take this to the dueling thread so as not to clutter this one with (hopefully) rapid-fire dueling, providing DRL doesn't hamstring us. When you are ready, post an entrance to the dueling thread and tag me. I will meet you there. ⚔

(Again, terribly sorry for the crazy long delay.)

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums

The Eternal Sith Empire Forums is a new home for one of the largest online Sith roleplaying and fan communities on the internet. We welcome you to join us in discussing lore, socializing, sharing fanart and fanfiction, roleplaying in our vast number of RPGs, and more.

ESE on Facebook

• The Final Sith Order
  • Help and Resources

• FAQ
  • Rules
  • TOS
  • Members online

No members online now.
    Top Bottom